Micro 310: Shitty Joke Smalltown II (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Mitillos »

Liking jk for town. And yeah, pick your message target to be anyone you think is town, as long as it's not Brian (obviously).

@absta: I think Yiley should decide on his own how to pick his investigation target.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:15 am

Post by jklash12 »

Yiley looks like how he played in my other game him when he was town. I am leaning town on Yiley for now.

I am going to have to take another look at micc because he was scum in my other game with him and in the game he looked super town.

Is there anyone else specifically you want my reads on?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:18 am

Post by absta101 »

Micc and Brian, based on their play here mostly. Meta is okay but not great.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 160, farside22 wrote:I offically believe Brain is scum this game.

vote: Brian Skies

He admits to not going with the masses but wants to please the town on something he already stated he would do. Yeah those things don't add up. Pleasing town is not making waves. You have a thought and know it's best you use it.
Like, I'm really not understanding why you're on a completely different wavelength from me. You think I'm sitting here offering my ability up to the town to please people. I'm not. I offered up my ability to see if town would go with a plan I'm okay with and think would benefit us. If they said no, then so be it. At the very least, I could generate reactions and see how others would respond to it. Yours, for example, is extremely scummy for trying to spin this narrative of how a town-me would or wouldn't act with regards to my role.
In post 161, absta101 wrote:Why would you, as town, answer a question aimed at someone else? To me it looked like you were defending Jklash and I don't see why town-you would.
Why can't you see town doing this, or more specifically, a town-me doing this? I don't think I have any meta with you (because, quite frankly, I don't even know you), and I assure you I've done both before.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 am

Post by jklash12 »

Ok I think Brian's posts look pretty straightforward and genuine. I am thinking Brian is town.

Micc's play looks similar to his play in the game where he was scum. I went back and compared I don't see anything that suggest he is town. So I am leaning scum on Micc.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 176, jklash12 wrote:Yiley looks like how he played in my other game him when he was town. I am leaning town on Yiley for now.
In post 179, jklash12 wrote: Micc's play looks similar to his play in the game where he was scum. I went back and compared I don't see anything that suggest he is town. So I am leaning scum on Micc.
Shitty meta party revisited?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by absta101 »

@Brian - Please link me to you doing that before as town.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by absta101 »

I believe the scum is in Micc/Private/Brian/Tier.

@Brian - I wasn't referring to your meta btw. Just the fact that I can't see any town intent for what you did.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Rows and Columns - I end up chainsawing ER by page 4 (the first part of that post is set-up spec, but I vote Kaze in defense of ER) and white-knighting Nacho before the end of Day 1. We were all town.
WSoB - I subtly interject myself between Ald and Sakura. I call one of Sakura's posts scummy in my 1v1 with Pie, but I didn't actually think Sakura was scum. All four of us were town. I also defended Ank early on with a weak RVS townread, but I'd rather not talk about my failures. Not to mention my defense of town-JS at the end of Day 1.
O-Chem -I defend Hermy from the evil scum that is TIP. I also destroy all towncred I had starting with this post and become everyone's favorite scumread before the end (even though I was right).
Attack on Titan - Not only do I defend Bert as town for his miller claim, but I interject myself into Bro's line of questioning. The game was eaten by tigers, but Displaced replaced into my slot and gloriously KO'ed Bro-scum in MYLO.

Anyhow, regardless of whether or not you used meta, you still didn't explain to me why town wouldn't do what I just did? Why can't town defend other players or interject themselves into other people's lines of questioning?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.06
Mitillos
(0)
Micc
(0)
absta101
(2) PrivateI, jklash12
farside22
(0)
PrivateI
(1) TierShift
Brian Skies
(3)
farside22, absta101
TierShift
(1) Yiley
Yiley
(1) Micc
jklash12
(0)

Not Voting
(2) Brian Skies, Mitillos

With 10 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-03-26 23:10:08)

V/LA:
farside22 on weekends, PrivateI until Thursday
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 182, absta101 wrote:I believe the scum is in Micc/Private/Brian/Tier.
Is it just for the fact we aren't helpful?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:00 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 178, Brian Skies wrote:

He admits to not going with the masses but wants to please the town on something he already stated he would do. Yeah those things don't add up. Pleasing town is not making waves. You have a thought and know it's best you use it.
Like, I'm really not understanding why you're on a completely different wavelength from me. You think I'm sitting here offering my ability up to the town to please people. I'm not. I offered up my ability to see if town would go with a plan I'm okay with and think would benefit us. If they said no, then so be it. At the very least, I could generate reactions and see how others would respond to it. Yours, for example, is extremely scummy for trying to spin this narrative of how a town-me would or wouldn't act with regards to my role.
In post 161, absta101 wrote:Why would you, as town, answer a question aimed at someone else? To me it looked like you were defending Jklash and I don't see why town-you would.
Well hello mr. OMGUS how are you today. :roll:
So far most of the town before you posted stated they liked the idea, but you had to come in with this
In post 70, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 36, Micc wrote:Anyhow, I don't particularly mind giving up my power to the town for optimal play. You guys decide what you want to do and I'll go with it.
Appeasing
In post 156, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Is it normal for you to go with what the masses want? Have you ever played a small town game before?
I've never played in a small town game before (I have played in a micro before), and thought this set-up would be good for working on my mafia theory.

And no. I typically let the town do their thing and I do my thing (which is sometimes just me watching them do their thing while I look at some butterfly that passed me by). Something will eventually interest me and I'll prod at it for a bit and develop my reads.
Admits he doesn't typically follow what the town does and does his own thing.
One doesn't not explain the other.

In post 179, jklash12 wrote:Ok I think Brian's posts look pretty straightforward and genuine. I am thinking Brian is town.

Micc's play looks similar to his play in the game where he was scum. I went back and compared I don't see anything that suggest he is town. So I am leaning scum on Micc.
Why no vote?
In post 185, TierShift wrote:
Meh it 7 pages in I don't expect much. For example would it be too soon if I called Micc/Brian scum team?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:03 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry for the quote fail above. This is me fixing it.

In post 178, Brian Skies wrote:

Well hello mr. OMGUS how are you today. :roll:
So far most of the town before you posted stated they liked the idea, but you had to come in with this
In post 70, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 36, Micc wrote:Anyhow, I don't particularly mind giving up my power to the town for optimal play. You guys decide what you want to do and I'll go with it.
Appeasing
In post 156, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Is it normal for you to go with what the masses want? Have you ever played a small town game before?
I've never played in a small town game before (I have played in a micro before), and thought this set-up would be good for working on my mafia theory.

And no. I typically let the town do their thing and I do my thing (which is sometimes just me watching them do their thing while I look at some butterfly that passed me by). Something will eventually interest me and I'll prod at it for a bit and develop my reads.
Admits he doesn't typically follow what the town does and does his own thing.
One doesn't not explain the other.

In post 179, jklash12 wrote:Ok I think Brian's posts look pretty straightforward and genuine. I am thinking Brian is town.

Why no vote?
In post 185, TierShift wrote:
Meh it 7 pages in I don't expect much. For example would it be too soon if I called Micc/Brian scum team?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Micc »

In post 163, Mitillos wrote:@Micc: Could you explain your Yiley read in more detail?
In post 172, absta101 wrote:
In post 162, Micc wrote:
In post 160, farside22 wrote:What reads do you currently have?
You feel town to me, although Im not really sure why. Absta has said a lot, but none of it is memorable and I am not sure why he is gaining town reads. Nothing else is jumping out at me about anyone expect Yiley.
So far this game looks more like scum-Yiley than town-Yiley

UNVOTE: Farside
VOTE: Yiley
Explain the bolded please.
Link to Yiley's ISO in his only scum game that I know of. To say that he wasn't engaged in that game is an understatement. Its a sharp contrast to the town game I played with him where he emphasized that being active and involved was good town play in his first few posts. His one line posts once per day feel more like the scum game than the town one.

Even looking at this game in a tunnel Yiley does't look that great. Who comes out and says
I am analyzing people just not posing about it
? For some reason I don't believe that crap.
In post 163, Mitillos wrote:Also, many happy returns.
Thanks!
In post 174, TierShift wrote:
In post 162, Micc wrote:So far this game looks more like scum-Yiley than town-Yiley.
Is it shitty cold-meta time?
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I explained it above. Do you disagree?
Is it because you think that group is not doing anything productive, or some other reason(s)? If so, why did Yiley get left out?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:02 am

Post by TierShift »

Catchup :
In post 114, Yiley wrote:Micc what is your opinion on far side/absta?
He just said so in the post before, what was the point of this question?
In post 119, Brian Skies wrote:NOT SCUMHUNTING
Seriously, this guy gets called in with a prod, and responds by more mechanics discussion? There was enough content to at least comment on, so that sucks.
In post 142, Micc wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Why is there interest only in me and absta? Are you only scum searching based on roles? If so why?
Knowing all the roles makes it easier to see how the game might pan out. Because of your roles, this game is going to revolve around you and absta. Maybe not in day one, but farther down the road being solid on these two reads is going to be absolutely necessary. So yes, I am scum searching based on roles. It also helps that I have a newly finished game with half the player list. Im fairly confident that I can read Yiley. jklash and Tiershift not as much, but at least I have experience playing with them. Newbie 1474 in case anyone cares.
Mehhhhhhh..... so you're only scumhunting based on roles and nothing else? Convinced you can read me, yiley and jklash (like really but sure think that) but then not question us, trying to form these reads?
In post 154, farside22 wrote:If it helps my town reads:

Mil
Abasta

questionable

Micc - I found his questions pretty bland and a few that I don't see how he can get an alignment read by them.

leaning scum

brain - machinc's talk. Going to the will of the town (it's odd but I need to see how much experience he has before I call it scummy) *on my to do list*
I think your reads are fine, the only one I have problems with is mit. Why is he so town to you? All I see in his posts is nullness and dullness and I can't say I really like that for town.
In post 162, Micc wrote:Nothing else is jumping out at me about anyone expect Yiley. So far this game looks more like scum-Yiley than town-Yiley.

Why are you not interacting with him, asking him questions?
In post 165, Yiley wrote:I am trying to get people sorted out just not posting about it
Please come post, or I might be inclined to vote you. How do you feel about micc's vote on you?
In post 178, Brian Skies wrote:[more mechanics talk
No pls

So far, micc and brian don't really appease me, private is conpletely gone and yiley refuses to cooperate. Mit is null and absta and farside look town, but I'm not 100% there. Jklash feels different from his last town game but it looks more like his game improved than that he's scum.

Micc, who can read me so well, what's your read on me?

Mitillos, who is scummiest atm and why?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:23 am

Post by absta101 »

This is why Tier is prob scum.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:31 am

Post by TierShift »

Cute.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:31 am

Post by absta101 »

@Micc
- I looked at one of Yiley's town games and he played roughly the same there as he is here. So I don't feel comfortable calling him scum for his
completely fucking shit
playstyle.
As for the rest of you. You look increasingly scummy with every post you make. Your whole scum hunting seems fake, especially the questions aimed at farside. Tier is just terribly scummy at this point as well because he's only seemed to find one person scummy (private) who hasn't even been posting anything. It seems to me that he's scared of calling people scummy so he doesn't have to commit. That explains his vote on private and why he uses terms like "so that sucks" to describe scummy play.

I can see myself lynching you at the end of the day at this point though.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:35 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 189, TierShift wrote:Catchup :
In post 114, Yiley wrote:Micc what is your opinion on far side/absta?
He just said so in the post before, what was the point of this question?
In post 119, Brian Skies wrote:NOT SCUMHUNTING
Seriously, this guy gets called in with a prod, and responds by more mechanics discussion? There was enough content to at least comment on,
so that sucks.
In post 142, Micc wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Why is there interest only in me and absta? Are you only scum searching based on roles? If so why?
Knowing all the roles makes it easier to see how the game might pan out. Because of your roles, this game is going to revolve around you and absta. Maybe not in day one, but farther down the road being solid on these two reads is going to be absolutely necessary. So yes, I am scum searching based on roles. It also helps that I have a newly finished game with half the player list. Im fairly confident that I can read Yiley. jklash and Tiershift not as much, but at least I have experience playing with them. Newbie 1474 in case anyone cares.
Mehhhhhhh..... so you're only scumhunting based on roles and nothing else? Convinced you can read me, yiley and jklash (like really but sure think that) but then not question us, trying to form these reads?
In post 154, farside22 wrote:If it helps my town reads:

Mil
Abasta

questionable

Micc - I found his questions pretty bland and a few that I don't see how he can get an alignment read by them.

leaning scum

brain - machinc's talk. Going to the will of the town (it's odd but I need to see how much experience he has before I call it scummy) *on my to do list*
I think your reads are fine, the only one I have problems with is mit. Why is he so town to you? All I see in his posts is nullness and dullness and I can't say I really like that for town.
In post 162, Micc wrote:Nothing else is jumping out at me about anyone expect Yiley. So far this game looks more like scum-Yiley than town-Yiley.

Why are you not interacting with him, asking him questions?
In post 165, Yiley wrote:I am trying to get people sorted out just not posting about it
Please come post, or I might be inclined to vote you. How do you feel about micc's vote on you?
In post 178, Brian Skies wrote:[more mechanics talk
No pls

So far, micc and brian don't really appease me
, private is conpletely gone and yiley refuses to cooperate. Mit is null and absta and farside look town, but I'm not 100% there. Jklash feels different from his last town game but it looks more like his game improved than that he's scum.

Micc, who can read me so well, what's your read on me?

Mitillos, who is scummiest atm and why?
The bolded.

Also consider how his only voting targets are Yiley and Private, the two players who don't post shit at all. Voting them is basically saying "let's PL these bitches instead of voting scummy players".

(Isn't Private V/LA anyway?)
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:37 am

Post by absta101 »

I don't like farside that much anymore so she can be null (due to post 187).
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:39 am

Post by TierShift »

I hope you see the irony of a hammerer and a treestump present :lol:

P-edit:
Yiley is easy to read imo so just leave that shit to me. If he's scum, he's more likely to be evasive and distant while if he's town he's actively asking (semi-dumb) questions that are relevant in some way or another.
In post 192, absta101 wrote:Tier is just terribly scummy at this point as well because he's only seemed to find one person scummy (private) who hasn't even been posting anything.
Uh no?
It seems to me that he's scared of calling people scummy so he doesn't have to commit. That explains his vote on private and why he uses terms like "so that sucks" to describe scummy play.
I'm sorry you're not used to using the same language as I do.

'That sucks' implies that it's scummy, bro, get your ass out of here with non-commital.

You really can't filter out of my post who my scumspects are?

P-P-edit:
Lol I've been voting lurkers, call the police.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:40 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 192, absta101 wrote:completely fucking shit playstyle.
Also yiley has feelings probably yaknow
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:43 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 194, absta101 wrote:I don't like farside that much anymore so she can be null (due to post 187).
What's wrong with post 187?

You know the problem with this game is no one is really say much of anything. Private, Micc, Yiley, Jklash.
Even Mit kind of fell off this game.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:46 am

Post by absta101 »

@Brian
In post 183, Brian Skies wrote:
Anyhow, regardless of whether or not you used meta, you still didn't explain to me why town wouldn't do what I just did? Why can't town defend other players or interject themselves into other people's lines of questioning?
Because it doesn't help town-you in any way unless the person you are defending is a really strong town read. When you answer their questions for them you could potentially be helping scum. The optimal play would be to let them answer questions aimed at them so everyone can see how they respond and thus be able to form a read on them.

To me this is really obvious, hence why I asked you to give a reason why you as town would stop a line of questioning.
---
P-Edit:
TierShift wrote:
In post 192, absta101 wrote:completely fucking shit playstyle.
Also yiley has feelings probably yaknow
Lol, trying to get me mod killed?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:50 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 198, absta101 wrote:Lol, trying to get me mod killed?
I don't hold back as scum, buddy. Scumbuddy.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”