Micro 310: Shitty Joke Smalltown II (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:41 am

Post by Mitillos »

Since it came before any of your actions, of course it has absolutely nothing to do with them.

And by "sorted out", I mean that reads on you two are the most urgent ones.

OK, but "avoiding" is a subset of "not posting", is it not? And she certainly has been posting, so how could she have been avoiding the thread?
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:00 am

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.03
Mitillos
(0)
Micc
(0)
absta101
(3)
Mitillos, PrivateI, jklash12
farside22
(2) Micc, absta101
PrivateI
(0)
Brian Skies
(0)
TierShift
(1) Yiley
Yiley
(0)
jklash12
(0)

Not Voting
(3) farside22, Brian Skies, TierShift

With 10 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-03-26 23:10:08)

V/LA:
farside22 on weekends, Mitillos this weekend
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:03 am

Post by absta101 »

I'll make it easy for you. http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 9&sr=posts
Click on that shit and look at her activity just before I voted her.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:21 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 98, absta101 wrote:@Mit
In post 92, Mitillos wrote: @absta: My vote was RV, but I do think a hammerer is a liability for the town, especially given the doublevoter. The two of you are the first ones who need to be sorted out.
Wait, let me get this straight; are you saying that your vote one me is partly based on my role and has nothing to do with my actions? Also, what do you mean by sorted out?
And saying that scum-you wouldn't be scared in your situation just looks a little like bluster. And how can you possibly accuse farside of avoiding the thread? Her longest absence was 21 hours, part of which included the time when the site was down, if I'm not mistaken. Why aren't you accusing Micc and Brian Skies of the same behaviour?
Like I explained before, not posting isn't the same as avoiding (that's what I meant anyway). When I looked at farside's recent posts, I saw that she was posting elsewhere and not here for quite some time. I looked at her recent posts because T-shift brought my attention to her by voting her for no stated reason.
--
@T-Shift
Wow, you came up with a reason, while I actually didn't have a reason. Why do you attribute thoughts to me that I don't have nor question the vote and just sheep it?
I assumed you had a reason because all players have reasons for their votes, regardless of alignment. Are you trying to tell us that you picked someone at random from this game to vote, and that person was farside?

Sheeping is voting someone for no reason other than that someone else you want to imitate is voting them. That's clearly not what I did; I had my own reason. All you did was bring attention to farside.
Not avoiding thanks. I post in games when I have time. I pop into a game and post from time and if something is going on in a game in particular I give it more attention.
That is pretty much all I can say since we are referencing posting/on going game issues.

Out of curiosity did you only look at me because Tier voted and you were trying to understand the motive behind it?
Why didn't you ask me why I wasn't posting more here?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:28 am

Post by absta101 »

Yes sort of and because I thought asking you would've just resulted in an answer about how you don't have time or something along that line. An answer like that tells me nothing about your alignment.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:28 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 93, TierShift wrote:
In post 90, absta101 wrote:
In post 89, farside22 wrote:@Absta: I'm still curious about this question:
There was really no one invovled in the game during the mil/you/tier. So why did you specifically only put me as avoiding the game?
Not invlolved is different from avoiding. T-Shift brought my attention to you by voting with no stated reason. I looked into why he would vote you and came up with a reason. What I find interesting though is how you haven't question T-shift for his vote. Can you explain that please.
Wow, you came up with a reason, while I actually didn't have a reason. Why do you attribute thoughts to me that I don't have nor question the vote and just sheep it?
Why is it scummy that absta gave your vote thought and found something that he associated with your vote?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 104, absta101 wrote:Yes sort of and because I thought asking you would've just resulted in an answer about how you don't have time or something along that line. An answer like that tells me nothing about your alignment.
Well that's silly saying I don't have time because I post here more then I should (posting from work makes me a bad employee). :lol:
I really can't go beyond more then I said about why I post where I post without discussion ongoing games..............I don't find your reason's bad. Just weak. I'm not under pressure, people say they want to know my alignment but aren't asking me anything so I'm just going okay I'm just going to scum hunt and post when something catches my eye.
That is my prospective in this game thus far.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:40 am

Post by absta101 »

I blame these guys for coming to your defence.

What do you think of Mit?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:50 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 107, absta101 wrote:I blame these guys for coming to your defence.

What do you think of Mit?
Mit I have him as actively thinking about the game and the mechanics. He is already scum hunting with jklash and so far I read him as town.

So far I don't like Brain's entrance into this game. It's odd to me. Tier is another one. He talks about holding off on using the 1-shot global RB for another useful time but doesn't say what it is. When pushed by me I don't really get an answer that makes any more sense.

Everyone else is pretty quiet so far so really no reads elsewhere that I can get a handle on.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:55 am

Post by absta101 »

Can you explain why your vote isn't on Brian/Tier?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:59 am

Post by N »

Prodding Micc
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:03 am

Post by absta101 »

Also, about your Mit read, I disagree. Talking about mechanics should be pretty easy for scum and Mit only started pushing Jklash after I asked him why he stopped.
In post 67, Mitillos wrote:@jklash: How exactly would he get an easy town day 1 lynch, with a no-lynch?
In post 68, jklash12 wrote:Oh opps was confused about his role. Thought it did something different.

UNVOTE:
In post 69, Mitillos wrote:I still don't see how he could get an easy mislynch on D1 with a no-lynch,
but whatever
Also, this doesn't look genuine to me.
Mit wrote:What the hell?

@jklash You're being too evasive. Answer clearly. What, exactly, did you think he would have done?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:23 am

Post by farside22 »

I hope this won't look long. I need to get going.
In post 109, absta101 wrote:Can you explain why your vote isn't on Brian/Tier?
I'm a double voter. I won't be voting till I feel someone is scum.
Both reads are not strong enough to say scum hence my questions to the 2 players.

As for mil
Yes pre-game can be faked. But it's more about the thoughts people express when they say things.
In post 54, Mitillos wrote:@Tier: It's certainly better than not having info, of course. I just don't like losing useful PRs. And yeah, I know that's inescapable, but still... Anyway, my point was that we should keep in mind that things might not simply work out like we expect them. Which I'm pretty sure everyone knows already, so, whatever. I intended to protect Yiley on N2 anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

@absta: If the RB happens, there's no NK, either. We'll be where we are now, except the RB will have turned vanilla and the cop will be able to use his power. Not sure if I agree with the no-lynch, though. Reducing the number of potential investigation targets will help the cop make a better choice of that.
I like that he is thinking about the cop in this quote. It is better for the cop to have one less person to investigate.
In post 62, Mitillos wrote:@absta: And then his partner would kill Yiley on N2. There are two scum. As for lynching one of the important PRs, if they turn out to be scum, of course we'll lynch them. As important as they might be, scum cops/docs/roleblockers are not good for town. So, not really sure what your point is. Why would we be more lenient on them? Alignment trumps role, except in extremely rare circumstances.
In post 65, Mitillos wrote:Yeah, I wasn't being very clear. Sorry about that.

And your leniency point is irrelevant, because we are talking about specific actions, not tells. If I die tonight, Brian won't have used his power. The same is true if the mail gets through. If he agrees to the plan and doesn't go through with it, that's very scummy.

Similarly, if Yiley dies on N2, clearly I didn't protect him. A doc not protecting a cop is undeniably scummy, if we don't know the cop's alignment, yet. So, I'd expect town to insta-lynch me if that happens, even if I had been ultra-towny before.
Explaining things so it's understandable, taking time to make things clear.
In post 83, Mitillos wrote:@absta: I assumed it was something inconsequential, like misunderstanding role mechanics. Didn't care enough for a push, at the time.
In post 92, Mitillos wrote:@jklash: You were evading explaining precisely how he'd get a mislynch, by advocating a no-lynch. And your explanation still makes no sense. Even if he were a dayvig, how would his request for a no-lynch have anything to do with getting a mislynch? If anything, the only way to absolutely avoid a mislynch is with a no-lynch.

tl;dr: How could a no-lynch possibly lead to a mislynch?

@absta: My vote was RV, but I do think a hammerer is a liability for the town, especially given the doublevoter. The two of you are the first ones who need to be sorted out. And saying that scum-you wouldn't be scared in your situation just looks a little like bluster. And how can you possibly accuse farside of avoiding the thread? Her longest absence was 21 hours, part of which included the time when the site was down, if I'm not mistaken. Why aren't you accusing Micc and Brian Skies of the same behaviour?
One is not scummy because if jklash is town and mit is scum in this mit would have been on Jklash sooner I think. Plus he is pressing you for questions about the avoiding the thread comment. Usually I will see lots of good point not comparison from scum.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:43 am

Post by Micc »

Yikes, I got prodded. I just got home for spring break last night so I should have time for this now.

On first read through I understand why absta caught some early attention, but dont think he looks necessarily scummy at this point. I want to keep the pressure up on Farside, but I havent seen anything worth questioning on first glance. I should have some time tonight to take a better look at this game.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:31 am

Post by Yiley »

Micc what is your opinion on far side/absta?
Permanent scum read
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:29 am

Post by jklash12 »

Yiley, any opinions on anyone?

As for what I think. No major scum reads yet. I think absta looks kind of fishy and I think farside looks town right now.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:07 am

Post by absta101 »

@Jklash
In post 85, jklash12 wrote:I don't get what I'm being evasive about. I thought he had a role from the first version where you could shoot someone in the day and it would end the day. Hence I thought he would use that to get an easy town kill day1.
What made you think he would use that (from his post)?

Also, answer my question here
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:08 am

Post by absta101 »

@Jklash, - Also, why do you think Farside looks town?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by N »

Prodding Brian Skies
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 54, Mitillos wrote:@Tier: It's certainly better than not having info, of course. I just don't like losing useful PRs. And yeah, I know that's inescapable, but still... Anyway, my point was that we should keep in mind that things might not simply work out like we expect them. Which I'm pretty sure everyone knows already, so, whatever. I intended to protect Yiley on N2 anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
I think the idea is that I get to protect everyone on night 1 (which includes you) so that you can protect the cop on night 2.
In post 56, absta101 wrote:We'd get two lynches before scum get to kill, is what I'm saying.
But what if they're both mislynches? Wouldn't that put the town in a pretty rough spot by the time the investigation comes around?

1) Let's say we lynch two people with a single vote, but they're both town. Scum get 1 kill on a person with a single vote. With 7 votes in play, a scum double-voter could end the game if the hammerer is town.
2) Let's say we mislynch two people and scum get a kill, and one of the deaths include a double-voter. With 6 votes in play, town would be okay, but it would be mylo.
*Both are worst case scenarios.

And in both situations we would be unsure of the cop's alignment despite him getting a free investigation.

We do have the option of taking two no lynches and possibly only losing one town role (if the doc is town, it would probably be him). This would leave us at what? 9 total votes in play (possibly 8, 10)? With a free investigation to work with?
In post 77, farside22 wrote:This is odd. Why would you say you had the same idea, then say it's up to everyone else? A good idea is a good idea.
I DO share the same idea and line of thinking. But this game doesn't revolve around me and what I want to do. I can't force the other players to go through with it.
In post 102, absta101 wrote:I'll make it easy for you. http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 9&sr=posts
Click on that shit and look at her activity just before I voted her.
I usually play in multiple games and sometimes some of my longer games take up more of my time (or I get busy with something else). As a result, I usually end up neglecting some games just to catch up in others (sometimes resulting in a chain of prods or prod dodges).

I haven't looked at her activity log, but it's probably not much different from what I do when I try to balance my game activity.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 54, Mitillos wrote:Not sure if I agree with the no-lynch, though. Reducing the number of potential investigation targets will help the cop make a better choice of that.
I can't agree with this at all. Let's run through some numbers: We mislynch today, the Global RB goes off tonight, and we mislynch tomorrow. The cop investigates, and only has a 1 in 3 chance of finding scum (With another kill occurring during the night). If they succeed, we get a scum lynch the next day (Assuming we come to the conclusion that the cop is town and not scum), and if not, we kill a townie and the game ends when the Mafia kill that night. Numbers are not in our favor if we choose to blindly lynch today. If we wait until tomorrow, we can use this day and tonight to gain information, and give ourselves one extra night of safety.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by absta101 »

Brian is prob scum.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Post by absta101 »

UNVOTE:

@Farside - Your role could be really good for applying pressure. Voting someone who has no votes and that you think might be scum shouldn't be a problem.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 108, farside22 wrote: So far I don't like Brain's entrance into this game. It's odd to me. Tier is another one. He talks about holding off on using the 1-shot global RB for another useful time but doesn't say what it is. When pushed by me I don't really get an answer that makes any more sense.
I'm sorry if it wasn't clear, but I changed my mind on using the RB at a later moment. I hadn't thought much about it when I said that, but now I think the best time would be N1.

@brian:
2 no lynches would be quite ridiculous but 1 no lynch might work.

I guess we all need to realize that if we mislynch twice day 3 is mylo and we just can't trust the cop, he might give a guilty on a townie if he's scum.

Farside and absta are probably town.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Post by TierShift »

Oh and guys trying to find the best plan for town is not something only town does and as a matter of fact very easily fakeable by scum because there's no feelings/opinions involved, just hard facts.

With that, I'd like to
VOTE: privateI
Come out of your little setup shell and start commenting on the game!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”