Micro 310: Shitty Joke Smalltown II (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:21 am

Post by absta101 »

Actually. As long as no town player votes anyone until we decide who to lynch tomorrow, we should be okay.

VOTE: Private
--

If private somehow doesn't flip scum, we should either PL me or just try to lynch scum. If we chose to PL me, we'll survive longer but we'll still have the same amount of suspects. Scum will just kill Mitt, then Farside. They are too players who are seen as town by nearly everyone. Therefore, we haven't gained anything by surviving longer. Either way doesn't matter as far as I can see.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:27 am

Post by TierShift »

Farside none of that makes me scum now go away

Absta we are not PL'ing you anytime. If we have a town lynch today, a PL will just lead to a town loss directly.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:28 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 542, PrivateI wrote:
In post 439, farside22 wrote:I personally do not like the hammer or even Private's wording. I did a short meta dive into private as well (and when I have time I will post the links) his scum game is not idiotic in the least. I just remember that off the top of my head but links will come tomorrow with this.

I played in a game and modded a game? Compared to the previous Marathon Weekend, as your extensive meta research should have told you, that is a HUGE decrease in activity. Don't deign to tell me that I'm not significantly busier right now than I have been at any point on this site. As I said, I'm doing my best to stay up in all games because the thought of replacing out does not appeal to me whatsoever.
FFs, if you are town, fucking replace out NOW! At least then we can have an extension. You will seriously lose us this game otherwise.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:29 am

Post by TierShift »

Absta what do you currently think about micc?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:33 am

Post by absta101 »

He's about as scummy as you atm. Private has been more scummy though.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:41 am

Post by TierShift »

The main problem I'm having with the PrI lynch is that he's doing the exact same thing as micc right now.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:44 am

Post by absta101 »

What do you mean?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:51 am

Post by TierShift »

Just pushing for your PL and not doing anything else.

I doubt both scummembers are doing so and because I think micc is scum PrI is not

But it can also be the other way around with pri scum and micc not perhaps
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:14 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 576, TierShift wrote:Farside none of that makes me scum now go away

Absta we are not PL'ing you anytime. If we have a town lynch today, a PL will just lead to a town loss directly.
Dodging questions noted.
Should I mention the questions you asked that were asked by others? Pointless questions that didn't really looking into an allignment of players that supposedly you were concerned were scum together.

@Private and Mit: My concern with Private and how I first approached private was thinking he was scum.
His vote and comments on Yiley were completely contradiction and the amount of effort is laughable to say the least.
Both micc and Brain said they felt the lynch was something that scum would be looking for. You have Mit and jklash on the other side feeling it was scummy. I was thinking Private was scummy for it as well.
Then you have Tier fence sitting shit (yeah not fucking town get over it)
2 sides with 2 different views. I thinking private is scum think scum would buss on someone that did something so obvious. Who is bussing. Mit (town read) and jklash (interesting) and wishy washy there (Tier)
Then I did my meta research. The meta didn't match either alignment. This makes less sense for scum then town, but the lack of any scum hunting gives pause. So I looked further into recent things and things I looked at (on going games I noted) made me pause my thought process and I looked back into others reads and thoughts in the game.
Micc: I want to PL and game mechanics (why is this scummy) I thought about Brain's point about Micc's passion on the subject and how much he tunnel's on this concept. Everytime he post it is all he thinks about. Not town, but not scum either. It's null in one sense, not really scum hunting but feeling it is best for the town to do.
Question to Tier: How is the above about Micc scummy?
Brain: multiple thoughts about players. He has thoughts he shares (I can link the post later if need be) and it has a flow that you can follow.
So I'm back to is Private scum? When things don't make sense for scum to do I have realized that doesn't make it scummmy. It's bad, it's someone I would like to see replaced, it's someone who doesn't give 2 shits about the game. But is it scummy?
Then I go back and see Tier, asking questions asked. Tying players together for no rhyme or reason and noticed that Tier found both Private and Jklash vote questionable from Yiley but never asked jklash about his vote. Why?
That is the million dollor question i do not have an answer for.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:55 am

Post by TierShift »

I try to read this 15 line wall but it's very hard.

can you neatly line up all questions you want me to answer? I feel like I've answered most of your questions already.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Tier wrote:To add to that, he compeltely seems to have forgotten absta's reads were fake. That was another thing I didn't like, calling absta's reads fake. They read pretty genuine to me.
Oh really?

In post 225, TierShift wrote:
In post 217, absta101 wrote:Farside is back to town. Mitt is town. Brian is not as scummy as before imo. Jklash is not a town read anymore. Not so sure on Micc scum anymore but still think he's a possibility. Worst case scenario, Yiley and Jklash are scum.
Brian hasn't done any new shit so explain what changed about him.
I don't see what changed about jklash either.

If you're gonna put up your reads and not explain them you might as well not post them.

Also, if you'd actually post something decent as to why I'd be scum, I'd be happy.
That reads as genunie?

Questions I asked:
What is the point of making a scum team on players you don't read as scum
Why would you be paranoid of a player you don't have a scum read on.
Micc: I want to PL and game mechanics (why is this scummy) I thought about Brain's point about Micc's passion on the subject and how much he tunnel's on this concept. Everytime he post it is all he thinks about. Not town, but not scum either. It's null in one sense, not really scum hunting but feeling it is best for the town to do.
noticed that Tier found both Private and Jklash vote questionable from Yiley but never asked jklash about his vote. Why?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 585, farside22 wrote:
Tier wrote:To add to that, he compeltely seems to have forgotten absta's reads were fake. That was another thing I didn't like, calling absta's reads fake. They read pretty genuine to me.
Oh really?
Stupid and underexplained, but not faked.
What is the point of making a scum team on players you don't read as scum
Why would you be paranoid of a player you don't have a scum read on.
Because it's potentially MyLo and that alone is a reason to give any possible scumteam a renewed look
The fact that he doesn't scumhunt is what's scummy, not the fact that he wants a PL.
noticed that Tier found both Private and Jklash vote questionable from Yiley but never asked jklash about his vote. Why?
Idk, never got to it I guess.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 501, TierShift wrote:I'm pretty damn sure that my numbers are correct. You are forgetting that we are at an even amount of players, which normally gets us to MyLo. With absta alive, it gets ue to LyLo in the same amount of days. You can stop thinking that you can do math and no one else can. I'm wondering what's up with the hostility btw.
All of the situations you spelled out assume a town lynch that is not Absta on Day 2. You are sidestepping the entire point. The point is that lynching town-Absta today leaves us no worse off in Day 3 than we are right now in Day 2. The hostility is because this is a no-brainer to me, and I couldn't figure out why you couldn't understand. At this point Ive convinced myself that its because you are scum.
In post 573, absta101 wrote:@Micc - Answer my question. Why did you unvote me if i'm a scum read? Why aren't you voting me now?
Because it's pretty clear that it isn't happening today regardless of what my read is. You are probably town, but want you dead either way so that leads to a bit of confirmation bias. Scum want you alive so that they can win easier and the town doesn't have enough consensus to make it happen.

I guess we lynch from the pool of players who seem to be totally against lynching Absta, which would be Tiershift and Mitillos. Jklash and Farside are my strongest town reads so that's out of the question. Private would be next on my list, but I'm not crazy about the idea. I don't have a lot of feelings either way about Brian.

I probably missed a boatload of other things directed at me, but this is all I have time for right now. I will be back sometime be for the deadline to vote. My vote would be on Tiershift, but I don't think we are ready for L-1 quite yet.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Going to wait for AJ's catch-up.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Mitillos »

For crying out loud...

@Micc: Yes, lynching town-absta now leaves us no worse tomorrow than we are today. But if our next actual lynch is a mislynch, we are worse off if we lynch town-absta first, than if we don't. And if the next lynch is on scum, there is no issue of things being worse, anyway.

This is the whole point: the game doesn't simply end tomorrow (unless farside happens to be scum with someone other than absta). Making things no worse tomorrow but making them significantly worse the next time we mislynch is idiotic, to the point of being suicidal.

If you want people to lynch absta, show why he is scum, or wait until we get a scum flip first. Otherwise, explain to me why the scenario of an automatic loss on the next mislynch is preferable to one where we have a chance of survival (which is really the only difference between lynching absta and not lynching him, if he's town).

@farside: I'm having a lot of trouble parsing many of your posts. Did you have a question for me in post 583? You say "@Private and Mit:" but then I don't really see anything that's directed at me.

Also, tier is right to be paranoid about you, just in case. If you happen to be scum, things are really bad for the town already, so it's important for each of us to make sure that we are confident in our reads on you.

As it happens, the only ways for you to be scum right now are with either PrivateI or absta, otherwise you'd simply have lynched PrivateI and then someone else on D3 and win. This means we can absolutely eliminate any scumteam which contains you and neither of those two.

@Aj: Welcome. I think tier was asking Yiley to obvtown (as in, town-tell), not claiming that Yiley was obvtown.

@tier: Questions in 559.

@Brian: Or you could give some reads and thoughts, instead of lurking.

--------------------------------------------------

Comprehensive exam looming. V/LA turning even more real from now. Do ask questions if you have them, though. It'll just be a while before I get to them.

Also, wish me luck.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 2.08
Mitillos
(0)
Micc
(1) TierShift
absta101
(1) PrivateI
farside22
(0)
PrivateI
(3)
Mitillos, Aj The Epic, absta101
Brian Skies
(0)
TierShift
(2) farside22
Aj The Epic
(0)

Not Voting
(2) Brian Skies, Micc

With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-04-10 21:55:07)

V/LA:
farside22 on weekends, Mitillos until Friday
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Post by TierShift »

Gdi micc one last time (assuming farside is town):
If we lynch town, tomorrow is lylo
If we lynch townabsta, tomorrow is mylo

Both cases are equally bad.

In post 559, Mitillos wrote:@Tier: jklash is both town and in the scumpool? Also, why does Brian not going for the Private vote make him town? If anything, that's really the one thing that makes me a bit suspicious of Brian, since he was on PrivateI's wagon, at the end of D1.
Jklash is someone I'm nit really sure about. If anyone in my townreads is scum, it's probably him.

Brian is vocally slightly against the PrI wagon, something I don't think scum would be. If PrI is scum, the buddy would hard bus since he's most likely going down, if he's town, scum have an easy vote parking spot. They wouldn't be against the lynch, I think.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:31 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 586, TierShift wrote:The fact that he doesn't scumhunt is what's scummy, not the fact that he wants a PL.
However, in this type of game, figuring out how to "game the setup", as it were, is almost as crucial for a townwin as scumhunting itself.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 589, Mitillos wrote: @farside: I'm having a lot of trouble parsing many of your posts. Did you have a question for me in post 583? You say "@Private and Mit:" but then I don't really see anything that's directed at me.
It was me explaining my reasoning why Tier is scum and the Private lynch that is being discussed gives me pause.
Whether people like it or not. Both sides have a point. Micc, as much as it's more at this point stop and scum hunt instead of using mechanic's, he made a point day 1 and feels it's best for the town. Again how is that scummy? Once absta flips alignment where does he go from there. However day 1 he did more then game mechanic's. Is it screaming town....no, isn't it screaming scum....no.
Then we have Private. Doing absolute shit. We have the contradiction on Yiley the lack of anything remotely scum hunting. However looking at his games it doesn't fit into either town or scum play. How does it make him scum here?
That is the questions I have not had anyone answer here.

Micc: Once a flip happens of absta then what? You have not been scum hunting much.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:36 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 586, TierShift wrote:because it's potentially MyLo and that alone is a reason to give any possible scumteam a renewed look
The fact that he doesn't scumhunt is what's scummy, not the fact that he wants a PL.
He scum hunted day 1 and my follow up what is the difference between Micc's actions and Privates actions this game?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:41 am

Post by absta101 »

Farside wrote:However looking at his games it doesn't fit into either town or scum play. How does it make him scum here?
I don't think that's a valid reason to be unsure of private. Especially considering he only has a few hundred posts on the site.

If his play here doesn't look like either his scum game or town game then you can't use meta to defend or attack him. However, this does not mean we cannot call him scummy solely for his play in this game.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:42 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 588, Brian Skies wrote:Going to wait for AJ's catch-up.
Removed from my town pile.

You've literally avoided this whole day.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:44 am

Post by absta101 »

I also have exams soon (2 weeks).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:48 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 595, absta101 wrote:
Farside wrote:However looking at his games it doesn't fit into either town or scum play. How does it make him scum here?
I don't think that's a valid reason to be unsure of private. Especially considering he only has a few hundred posts on the site.

If his play here doesn't look like either his scum game or town game then you can't use meta to defend or attack him. However, this does not mean we cannot call him scummy solely for his play in this game.
Exactly!
Hence the pause.
OTOH I have Tier wishy washy stance on Private. I see nothing I can point to that looks like an attempt to figuring Private out. He thinks Micc is scum but not private for not scum hunting. Those things add up. It's almost readling like Tier is protecting Private but I'm sure it's more Tier scum tying himself to Private.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:49 am

Post by farside22 »

As a reminder:
mod wrote:Deadline is in 1 day, 11 hours, 6 minutes

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”