/in-vitational 2 - Chosen, Karaoke - Game over! before 830

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Incognito »

/in-vitational 2 - Chosen,
Karaoke Style

Current Game Status:
Game over.

Karaoke.

A fun little past-time to have with your friends, right? Usually.

I guess that's all dependent on the company you're hosting though. See, as long as everyone's just singing for fun, and
maybe
enjoying a little bit of friendly competition things can remain kosher and light-hearted.

Issues arise when a couple of the other singers begin to get a little
jealous
of the talent and singing abilities of the top singer or two of the bunch. But that wouldn't actually entice anyone to want to kill another person, would it? Not someone you consider to be a friend, right?
I sure hope not.

Or maybe it would...

Players

Alive
(2/9)
  • Papa Zito, Chosen One (town), survives

• Scien, Chosen One (town), survives
Dead
(7/9)
  • Cojin, Jealous as hell (mafia),
    Day 1

• qwints, Karaoke Singer (town), Night 1
  • hohum
    dramonic
[/s]
, Karaoke Singer (town), Day 2
  • Sajin, Karaoke Singer (town), Night 2
  • Nikanor, Karaoke Singer (town), Day 3
  • Zorblag, Karaoke Singer (town), Day 4
  • MiteyMouse, Jealous as hell (mafia),
    Day 4
  • [/list]
    Last edited by Incognito on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:02 am, edited 17 times in total.
    [ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
    patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
    If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Incognito »

The Rules

General Rules

• Remember that this is a game. Please enjoy yourself! =)
      • Do not quote any PMs sent to you by me. Since this is an Open set-up, this only includes any additional PMs I may send you. Doing so will automatically get you mod-killed. Mod-kills will automatically end the day. Period.
      • Please keep all conversation within the thread
        unless your role PM specifies otherwise.
        If I find out that chatting is going on outside of the thread, you will be mod-killed.
      • If you have any questions about the game, please feel free to PM me.
      • Please confirm your role to me via PM.
      • No invisible text may be used within the thread. If you have editing abilities, you may not edit your posts.
    Voting, Lynching, and Death

• Votes should be cast using the following format –
        Vote: Person X
        . I will not count votes that are not
        bolded
        Unvoting
        is not required, but it is helpful and will make me happy. You wanna make me happy, right?
      • Lynching will require a majority of votes. You may
        Vote: No Lynch
        if you decide that you do not want to lynch during the day. No Lynching will also require a majority of votes. Once the number of votes reaches the number required for a lynch to occur, that decision is final. Any subsequent unvotes will not be counted. You (everyone except the person who has been lynched) may feel free to converse during this period (called Twilight) until the thread is locked.
      • Important: If you get killed or are lynched, you are dead. You may not post anything afterwards. Not even a “Bah!” post. Srsly. Save it for post-game discussion.
      • At deadline, no majority = no lynch. Chyeah.
        If town and scum gets into a deadlock, the pressure is on the town to lynch someone or it will autolose
        . I define deadlock as 3 total day-night cycles with no lynches and no night kills occurring.
    Activity

• I expect everyone to post regularly. If I see that a player has not posted for longer than a 72 hour time period and the player has not notified me about this, I will prod said player. If the person fails to pick up his her/prod within 48 hours of the prod, that player will be replaced. If you are prodded more than three times, you will be replaced (negotiable). If you are prodded, you must respond to the prod in-thread.
      • Treat this game as a commitment and be courteous to your fellow players. I find that this is the best way for everyone to enjoy the game. Thanks. =)
      • Each day will automatically have a set deadline of two (2) weeks. In special circumstances, I may extend the deadline at the request of the players or my own discretion.
    Golden Rule Reiterated

• Again, remember to have fun! =D
    Game Specific Rules
    (somewhat hijacked from Ether)
      • Out of the townies,
        two
        (
        )
        Chosen Ones are determined randomly from a pool of
        six
        (
        )
        people (the mafia will send
        veto vote to me during pre-game of a person they do
        not
        want to be a Chosen One), and these two people are basically lynchees for the mafia. They can't be night-killed (to start out with, at least) and cannot be end-gamed; they can only be lynched. And they can only be lynched while there are still townies alive; a 2-mafia-2-chosen endgame is a town win. Of course, even with the Chosen One(s) out of the way, the mafia still has to avoid getting lynched.
      • The mafia does not need to lynch both of the Chosen Ones to win the game; they only need to lynch one of the two and of course need to satisfy the remainder of their win condition as well. Once one of the two Chosens is lynched, the second Chosen will revert into the equivalent of a Normal Townie and CAN be NK-ed if the mafia wishes to do so. This second Chosen One will still reveal as a "Chosen One" upon death, however.
      • Mafia is allowed to day-talk.
      • Rule Edit 1: Mafia knows who Chosen Ones are (as mentioned in scum role PMs).
      • Rule Edit 2: Chosen Ones do not know who they are (as mentioned in town role PMs).
    Last edited by Incognito on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Incognito »

Ze Set-up

Two
    (
    )
    people will receive the following role:
    Mafia wrote:You are
    Jealous as hell
    A.K.A. the third and fourth best singers of the bunch (mafia). Your accomplice is also
    Jealous as hell, (PARTNER NAME)
    . It
    pains
    you deep inside to realize that there are not one, but TWO separate people who just so happen to be better than you at this karaoke thing. (Chosen One #1) and (Chosen One #2) are simply amazing -- they make people laugh, they make people cry, and they harmonize beautifully... and you hate it.

Because of this, you decided not to get mad... but to get even.

You win when you and your partner make up at least 50% of your friendly group and at least one of the Chosen Ones, [...] or [...], are dead.

You may privately communicate with your buddy at any time during this game using whatever internet means you see fit (AIM, MSN, Quicktopic, Yahoo, PMs... stuff like that).

Please send your single veto vote to me within 72 hours of receiving this PM. This veto vote will be the only person who will be excluded from the randomized selection process I will use to determine your Chosen One targets (the flavor behind this is as follows: you and your buddy implanted some very, very bad vocal chords into the throat of this veto voted person. Therefore, he or she is not a very good singer regardless of how hard he or she tries, heh). Thanks.

Confirm via PM.
    Seven
    (
    )
    people will receive:
    Town wrote:You're a
    karaoke singer
    (town). Like most other karaoke singers, you think you rock at it but largely just do it to have a good time, obv. You get this weird feeling that maybe, just maybe there are a couple people out there who might be taking this karaoke thing a bit too seriously but hey, things seem to be going all right so far, right? Maybe not. You need to kill those jealous people before they start killing you or the two best singers in your group (heh, let's face it. Maybe it's
    you
    who's one of the two best singers, but maybe not).

You win when either all of the mafia are dead, or when the only living town-aligned players are the Chosen Ones.

Confirm via PM.
    Last edited by Incognito on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 pm

Post by Incognito »

Role PMs will be going out later today.
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Incognito »

Role PMs are out. Awaiting confirmations. Game will begin on Friday, August 7th at 7 P.M. EDT.

Edit:
    I realized I didn't include a note to "Confirm via PM" in the role PMs so I updated them in the 2nd post of this game and edited the ones that were still in my outbox. People seem to be confirming just fine, nevertheless, but I just wanted to point that out.
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Incognito »

I've made a minor edit to the
    lynching
    rules: once a lynch has been reached, everyone
    except
    the person who has been lynched may continue posting until I lock the thread (Twilight period).

This edit should make the transition into the next rule (after you are lynched or killed, you may not post anything afterwards) smoother.
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Incognito »

OK!

Everyone's confirmed, the scum have completed submitting a veto vote, and the Chosen Ones have been randomly selected. Let's start the game!!!!!!!!

With 9 living, it takes 5 to do it. Your deadline will fall on Friday, August 21st at 9 P.M. EDT. Good luck and have fun, everybody!
    MiteyMouse
    MiteyMouse
    He's too nICe
    MiteyMouse
    He's too nICe
    He's too nICe

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Hi everyone! This is going to be fun!
    The more I see, the less I know
    The more I'd like to let it go.
    hohum
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    Uncle Potbear

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by hohum »

Vote: qwints

I'm not done tunneling you from Mini 773 yet, scum.

More qwints lynching please!
    MiteyMouse
    MiteyMouse
    He's too nICe
    MiteyMouse
    He's too nICe
    He's too nICe

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Vote: Hohum

Cross game grudges are never good!
    The more I see, the less I know
    The more I'd like to let it go.
    Sajin
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Sajin »

I may or may not be a chosen.

I think the setup is breakable by mass claiming though. I would like your thoughts on the matter.

Assuming all town say the truth- There will be 2 chosen claims of 7. Scum will either

A) not claim chosen- impossible for them to win
    B) Both claim chosen- 9 townies and 4 possibilities for scum=town auto victory.
    C) 1 claim chosen and 1 not claim chosen- we get a 1/3 chance to auto win and a decent chance after that. I would have to do the math on it. But I think it is better than trying to play this normally.
    "Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
    Zorblag
    Zorblag
    Troll
    Zorblag
    Troll
    Troll

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Troll gives warm greetings.

There be a couple things to point out this game.

First, scum can daytalk. Second, we have two week deadlines. Third we can use the chosen mechanic to do some to help the town in this game but it be weaker than it was in Incognito's other chosen game. Fourth, Sajin has a decent chance of being scum who no read the roles at all carefully (either that or him be hoping to catch scum in a trap so simple that it be unreasonable to expect success.)

Based on the first three Troll will ask all to answer a couple questions:

What do you plan to do if we get a week into the game and one player no has done anything helpful so far as participation goes? What if there be more than one player in that category?

Based on your role what do you think your chances of being the chosen are and why? For Troll the answer be about 1/6. Troll will give reasons after all have answered.

What thoughts do any have about how we can use the setup to our advantage?

Based on the fourth,

Vote: Sajin

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
    Scien
    Scien
    Goon
    Scien
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Scien »

Eh.

Chosen is new to me. So this will be interesting.

I have a big question at this point, and I would hate to ruin the town's chances by me stating the obvious, so I'm going to relegate that question to the mod first... to ensure that my thoughts are not misplaced.

Besides that I will ask a question and answer those that are out.
    Zorblag wrote:What do you plan to do if we get a week into the game and one player no has done anything helpful so far as participation goes? What if there be more than one player in that category?
    I would do nothing, but more on that later.
    Zorblag wrote:Based on your role what do you think your chances of being the chosen are and why? For Troll the answer be about 1/6. Troll will give reasons after all have answered.
    I am deliberately not going to answer this due to the big question I mentioned above. When I get an answer from the mod, or if I don't get an answer, I will try and comment on this.
    Zorblag wrote:What thoughts do any have about how we can use the setup to our advantage?
    I will answer that after I get some responses to my own question.

To everyone as well I would like to add this:
    As a townie in this set up, do you believe that it is wise to lynch each day? Do you believe that random voting is still a good way to pressure people for tells? If we get into a position where there is no one that looks especially good for a lynch do you think that the town should still try and lynch someone? Why do you think like you do for each of these questions.

I should note that I am not going to participate in random voting or suspicions at this point until my suspicions are confirmed or denied by the mod. Sorry and thank you.
    Sajin
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Sajin »

Way to vote me without commenting on my post. Explain why you think it is a trap then.
    Sajin
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Sajin »

Q1- I think this is night kill preferencing. Trying to find out our reactions to a lurker non participant is scummy.

Q2- This is rolefishing. NO ONE should answer this.

Q3- I already answered. I would like you to answer back.
    hohum
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    Uncle Potbear

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by hohum »

Sajin: You're obviously not aware that the chosen do not know they are chosen as such, which means you didn't get a town PM.

Unvote, Vote Sajin

I like where troll is going with this.
    Scien
    Scien
    Goon
    Scien
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Scien »

Nevermind. Incognito is on the ball and awesome and because of this answered immediately. I will not tell you what my concern was until we have everyone contribute to the questions that are out at the moment. Please keep this in mind and comment on this if/when I forget about mentioning it.
    Zorblag wrote:What do you plan to do if we get a week into the game and one player no has done anything helpful so far as participation goes? What if there be more than one player in that category?
    A better answer for you. I would do nothing. Pressure is on the town to do something in the event of deadlock. However unless we are fighting that constraint I believe the town's best interest is in waiting. The chosen are untouchable from the scum during night. The scum have to get us townies to lynch them during the day.

What this has done is basically slightly change the day role of the town in my mind:
    In a normal mafia game, the town uses day lynches to gather information about player links and whatnot. However in this setup, even though the town still stands to gain from day kills during day lynches, the penalty for failure is much higher. While it will still be necessary for day kills to happen, we should be a little more careful about using them.
    Zorblag wrote:Based on your role what do you think your chances of being the chosen are and why? For Troll the answer be about 1/6. Troll will give reasons after all have answered.
    My reluctance was due to me not understanding fully game mechanics in chosen. Before I explain that, I will allow others to comment. I will answer your question with 2/7 without explanation at this point.
    Zorblag wrote:What thoughts do any have about how we can use the setup to our advantage?
    Even though the town is eventually the one that has to force an action in deadlock, in reality I believe the pressure is still on the scum. They have to work hard to convince town to lynch chosen. They know who the chosen is, and the town do not. The town should be VERY reluctant to buy into talk within the day, if they do not also share the beliefs. I believe the town
    might
    actually have some of the benefit in this setup. Even though the pressure is on us townies, the scum have to overextend to try and convince us to day kill a chosen. We can use this to the advantage I believe. If you would like me to elaborate, I can, but would rather not say to much yet.

My question still stands to all. That includes you Sajin. Thanks.
    Sajin
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Sajin »

hohum wrote:Sajin: You're obviously not aware that the chosen do not know they are chosen as such, which means you didn't get a town PM.

Unvote, Vote Sajin

Where is this in the rules?

I sent a question to the mod.
    hohum
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    Uncle Potbear

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by hohum »

Sajin wrote:
    hohum wrote:Sajin: You're obviously not aware that the chosen do not know they are chosen as such, which means you didn't get a town PM.

Unvote, Vote Sajin

Where is this in the rules?

I sent a question to the mod.
    *facepalm* read the town role PM, scum.
    Sajin
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Sajin »

I got the role PM before I possibly got another PM saying I was chosen.

The fact that you did not get such a PM says to me your not chosen and a safe lynch.

vote hohum
    hohum
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    Uncle Potbear

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by hohum »

*facepalm again*

Nice OMGUS.

It's in the role PM that you clearly didn't get, you idiot.
    Townie Role PM wrote: You're a karaoke singer (town). Like most other karaoke singers, you think you rock at it but largely just do it to have a good time, obv. You get this weird feeling that maybe, just maybe there are a couple people out there who might be taking this karaoke thing a bit too seriously but hey, things seem to be going all right so far, right? Maybe not. You need to kill those jealous people before they start killing you or the two best singers in your group (
    heh, let's face it. Maybe it's you who's one of the two best singers, but maybe not).

You win when either all of the mafia are dead, or when the only living town-aligned players are the Chosen Ones.
    This is going to be a short game. More sajin lynching please.

@Sajin: please out your scum partner now.
    hohum
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    Uncle Potbear

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by hohum »

also the fact that you'd rather lynch a non-chosen townie rather than scumhunt is noted.
    Scien
    Scien
    Goon
    Scien
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Scien »

There goes my attempts to be sneaky. :(
    hohum
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    hohum
    Uncle Potbear
    Uncle Potbear

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by hohum »

Scien wrote:There goes my attempts to be sneaky. :(
    Please tell me what you're referring to because that statement can be interpreted in a multitude of ways.

Are you sajin's scum partner?
    Sajin
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Sajin »

Hohum I have never even heard of this type of setup before. Nothing in the rules indicates I am wrong. Your not Chosen from my perspective because you claimed you did not get a chosen PM. Therefore your vanilla or scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”