Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by Unright »

Naw, I like Peers. He's a wrestling fan.

I
vote: killerbob
. C'mon! Look at his name! ... it's Bob!
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:01 pm

Post by Unright »

dybeck wrote:vote: FlameAxe
See, it was new and exciting when originality did that, now it's dull and derivative..

Any reason you're choosing to be the first to double-up a vote?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Unright »

dybeck wrote:Yes. It's because I know categorically within the first page of this game that FlameAxe is scum. I could tell you all his scumbuddies too but I thought that might detract from the fun of it all.
Time to pull the kids outta school... The sarcasm is ripe for the pickin'!
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by Unright »

jmar wrote:Wow, some bad blood here?
No kidding... I count:

Originality vs Peers
Flameaxe vs Dybeck
Blight vs UltimaAvalon
PlaysWithSquirrels vs Cognito Ergo Sum (for the hell of it)

I guess that leaves me and you to feud, jmar. And I have it on good authority that your mother is a whore. :P
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:02 am

Post by Unright »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Blight.

I hate you
UltimaAvalon wrote:There's nothng between me and Blight ....whachoo talkin' bout Willis?
uh-huh. :P
UltimaAvalon wrote:
BBM wrote:It's morphin' time!
Is that a code-word for lookit me, I'm scum?

Cus if it is, I can turn the bandwagon right around, mister.
Maybe we should. Being that the Power Rangers are the scum in this game, it's the closest thing we've had to a scum tell.

It's not something, but it's not nothing either.

unvote

vote:Flameaxe
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:25 am

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:Why exactly? This is page 3. He hasn't done anything worthy of lynching.
He's voting for himself, so I think it's only fair that he should have to defend himself to his own satisfaction against his own observations of his own scumminess.

...or something...
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Unright »

unvote: Flameaxe

I guess he won me over with his "You're stupid!" defense.

vote: UltimaAvalon

I guess I'm an enabler.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:...Why in the name of sweet baby Jesus stuck up a tree did you just put an L-2 vote on him?
To be blunt. I don't really like UltimaAvalon. So far he has monopolized the discussion without really answering any questions, putting forth any topics of discussion or even saying anything remotely intelligent. His goal has been to set a quick-lynch record and he generally doesn't seem to even like the game of mafia.

So if he gets lynched, I wouldn't consider it a great loss to the town. Even if he was the most powerful townie in the game.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Unright »

originality wrote:I'm confused.

So all the votes here are based on who we like the least?
I like pro-town people the most.

Draw your own conclusions.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Unright »

Flameaxe wrote:If it is pointless and a waste of time, does that make talking about how it is a a waste of time MORE of a waste of time? (psst, the answer is yes!)
Oh, I don't mind pointlessness and wasting of time. It's just that UltimaAvalon is less funny than Carlos Mencia.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by Unright »

All right. Hackles down then.

unvote

*makes a note of Flameaxe defending UltimaAvalon*
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Unright »

UltimaAvalon wrote:I never said my bandwagon was a joke. You guys did.

I'm not protecting myself with anything, even words. I didn't say "I always do this." Flameaxe did
So you were seriously trying to bandwagon yourself? What is it about yourself that you find scummy? Your PM?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:Since this is getting nowhere (and none of you are funny. Get over it) I will purpose the fowwing. Since Avalon's bandwagon hd 5 people on it (including himself) it would be satistically sound to assume that at least one of them is scum.
I'm not trying to discourage your scum-seeking ways, but what are the odds of a group of people behaving in a satistically sound way?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Unright »

originality wrote:It looks to me like all discussion/voting going on here is based on "DURR YOUR POST IS POINTLESS! NO YOURS IS SHUT UP" which is no good.
Yeah, all the chatter so far is pretty crap. I guess we can start by discussing the theme of this game and see if we can figure out what kind of roles we might be looking at.

I'm old enough to remember the MMPR show when it was popular, but I was too old even then for the show to appeal to me. I read up on my character at least, but that's about it. Petroleumjelly did mention that any character to ever appear at least once is a potential candidate, so that gives scum plenty of fodder for false claims.

But it's a safe bet to assume that there are at least five scum: The Power Rangers (Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Black). 5 scum to 7 town seems to be a likely ratio.

Any one have any ideas as to the possibility of SKs? Or is anyone willing to admit real familiarity with the theme?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by Unright »

dybeck wrote:Also, way to give away the fact that you have a named character role.
What are you talking about? I was researching Putty Patrolers! I swear!

Aw crap. That's what I get for venturing out of the newbie game areas, huh? I guess I just figured that with a theme with as many reoccuring and one-shot characters as MMPR that all 12 players are probably named characters. It's not really that much of a stretch.

I was just trying to kick-start some conversation...
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:I understand what you're saying, but it's a null tell for now. Unright needs to talk more before we can use that post to weigh anything.
I've typed up posts, but I've been too spooked out to actually hit the reply button. I feel that I've already stumbled twice so far this game (jumping on UA's self-bandwagon, and making stupid assumptions) and it's still very early, so I've got some self-doubt going on.

I'm not pulling a vanishing act though. I like being an active player. But if dybeck wants to shut the topic down, I've got no problem with that. Although dybeck should probably introduce a new topic of conversation otherwise the game will just kinda stall out.

Or maybe Blight should speak up. (picking on you because you've barely posted).
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:26 am

Post by Unright »

Re-read my last post. I didn't say that I was considering a vanishing act. I said I wasn't going to pull one.

Like I said, this is my first non-newbie game. In most of the other theme games I read up on every player had a named character. And seeing how huge the MMPR world was, I made an assumption that every player in here had a name. That assumption may still be true, but my personal admittance of having a character name was a silly thing to do. I need to learn to keep my cards closer to my chest. I'm spooked because this now makes me more likely to be night-killed or mislynched. I refrained from posting because I needed to take a moment re-evaluate all the assumptions I had about Mafia before re-posting.

Are you done role-fishing now?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Unright »

originality wrote: Holy crap, page 6 and power claims everywhere. (you just admitted having a special role, if you didn't notice, Peers.)
Could be hypothetical...
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:That and I don't consider lurking to be necessarily correlated with scumminess due to past experiences.
Do you mind expounding on that? What good reason would a townie have to lurk?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by Unright »

dybeck wrote:Read post 108 again. And then I suggest we drop the subject.
dybeck wrote:I hugely doubt that both of these players are power roles. The fact that they're now both backtracking, to a lesser or greater extent, makes these two worthy of further investigation.
You seem to be confused as to whether you want to drop the subject or pursue further investigation.

And for the record, I never backtracked. I made my bed and I'm sleeping in it.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Unright »

PlaysWithSquirrels wrote:So... like... vote JMar and stuff.
*checks back for reason*

For lurking in plain sight? That's.... a little weak. Plus he's posted a bunch since then.

But a bandwagon would wake this game up a little. So, why not.

vote: JMar
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Unright »

dybeck wrote:That's reassured me of Unright's pro-town credentials.
Good to know. You've yet to reassure me of yours.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:Yup, just as I thought, Unright *is* wagon-jumping afterall. I wasn't too sure what number vote he was on Jmar before
Uh.. Yeah, I mentioned I was bandwagonning in my post. I realize that it's not a UA first day bandwagon, but keep in mind that the game went 24hours without anybody posting between PWS's two posts. Discussion is always better than silence and if my action leads to discussion than I don't regret doing so.
So...since I'm still waiting for Playswith to talk, I'm only going to throw an FOS your way, Unright.
That's fine. But why aren't you commenting on Originality's "Oh shit I'm suspiciously forth I better unvote" move?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:13 am

Post by Unright »

dybeck wrote:It was sarcasm. The fact that you jumped on the first passing bandwagon with such relish was not, amazingly, a strong town tell.
You've yet to figure out that sarcasm doesn't translate well into text? Oy vey. :|
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:16 am

Post by Unright »

1. originality -- Jumping on a bandwagon for the sake of jumping on a bandwagon, then jumps off when he realizes he's in the "position of suspicion".
2. Blight -- Only posts to jump on bandwagons, not to further any town discussion.
3. dybeck -- Probably just OMGUS but sarcastic single focus tactics reek of anti-town behavior.

unvote, vote: Originality
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Unright »

originality wrote:What? You jumped in right before I did. You have no right to accuse me of bandwagoning just for the sake of it. I jumped off because there were too many votes on the dude, why would I keep my vote on him, its not like he had anything substantial against him anyway.
Too many votes on him to what? Lynch him? 4 out of 7? Are you saying that you seriously believe that we were too close to a lynch?

If JMar had 5 or 6 votes, I would understand you unvoting. Hell, I would be unvoting. But 4 (or 3 like you thought) is not a danger zone number.

You look like someone who is doing his damnedest not to look like scum. Why?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Unright »

UltimaAvalon wrote:ATTENTION: Misquoting is NOT a Scumtell. I repeat. Messing up the quote tags IS NOT a scumtell
Flameaxe and UltimaAvalon: I know both of you are in some sort of Asshat meta-group together, but you guys have spent a lot of time defending each other's strange tactics. At what point in the game do you guys actually realize that you may not be on the same side?

And why is so much French being spoken? Is it some sort of scum code?

Seriously, what's the deal?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:59 am

Post by Unright »

Flameaxe wrote:Please don't make me give up any respect I may have for you because you think we take the fact that we are both in 'Team Asshat' into consideration for ANY game, excluding scumchat games because those don't really mean anything and most of the time are incredibly unbalanced. I'm pretty sure I've even stated this already in this game. It might be a different game because everyone seems to use it against us...Outside contact=scumtell, obvobv.
I'm sorry, but I do have to take it into some consideration. I've never been in a game with anybody here, but you and UA are very familiar with each other and with each other's style of play. If you were to declare UA to be scummy, it would carry more weight behind it than if someone like me declared UA to be scummy. I hate to meta-game, but I can't unknow what I know.

Plus there's the stuff like this:
Flameaxe wrote:^Truth.
Did you declared UA's post to be truth because you
knew
he was testing me with some crappy logic? Or did you fail to pick up on what Blight picked up on? Since you know UA, I might ass-ume the former. If you didn't, I might ass-ume the latter.

I'm not really accusing you guys of anything. I'm just voicing my thoughts on the game of Mafia. Interactions between players is a big part of trying to deduce scum. And you guys stand out because your interactions with each other are really different from everyone else. It seems like it should at least be acknowledged before we can move on.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:By that same token, Unright, if Avalon and Flameaxe were partners, you're saying that if one says the other is not guilty, you'd let it slide.
Oddly enough, no. If someone says that they are mafia, I'll believe them. If they say that they are town, then I won't. It's kinda the same principle.
Even if they are familiar with each other and each other's playstyle, it shouldn't make too much of a difference, in that a good player should always theoretically play the same way, or roughly the same. Otherwise it's pure metagaming. I mostly don't metagame anymore as metagaming could convince you of things that don't exist in a particular game setting.
You misunderstand me. I am not encouraging metagaming. I am trying to discourage them from practicing it. It's almost a common sense rule that a townie should not defend someone else without being positive of their alignment. Yet Flameaxe is defending UA's "wacky" behavior (and vice-versa) because of their metagame knowledge of each other's style. He should either let UA defend himself, or be prepared to be thought of as a suspect for the rest of the game.

But then again, maybe they just enjoy playing Mafia with a Day 1 handicapp of half the town thinking that they are scum, so what do I care?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Unright »

Flameaxe wrote:Anyone who thinks that Team Asshat means anything in this game WHATSOEVER needs to go to their roof, and jump off so maybe the impact will spark one small ounce of common sense in your brain.
Gosh. You're right.
Flameaxe wrote:Team asshat has nothing to do with this game, don't make like it seem like it does.
My Asshat partner and I will determine when it will be necessary to make that change.
Flameaxe wrote:@dybeck: I bet you can't wait.
I can assure only greatness from TAsshat in this game.
Hope your insurance is good.

unvote
Vote: Flameaxe
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Unright »

Flameaxe wrote:He's trying to make it seem as if my outside connections make me change my play here, which makes very little sense at all. He's attacking me for defending UA's jokewagon at the beginning of the game, a wagon in which I understood because I've played with UA before and have a decent meta on him.
So if another player had started a bandwagon on themselves at the beginning of the game, you'd be staunchly defending them as well?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Unright »

UltimaAvalon wrote:@Unright: Team Asshat is not a group formed for the sake of doing things in Mafia games. Team Asshat is a group of people who hate people, and join together for the sole purpose of channeling their hatred into destructive purposes, such as telling people to stand in front of speeding 18-wheelers so that the world's precious oxygen supply wont be wasted by their continued existence. Because this is a "We Hate People" group, and NOT A MAFIA group, it does not carry into Mafia games. Any references to Team Asshat made in the Random Voting stage are not dragged out into the normal stage of the game UNLESS STUPID PEOPLE LIKE UNRIGHT CONTINUALLY TALK ABOUT IT AND MAKE USELESS CASES AGAINST PEOPLE WITH IT
*shrug* Flameaxe is the one who brought up the whole "Team Asshat" thing first on Page 2. The "random voting" stage isn't a magically seperate part of the game. It's not like I brought it up out of nowhere. If Flameaxe hadn't brought it up, I wouldn't have.

But the fact of the matter is that he's gone out of his way to defend your actions and he is also not treating you with the same belligerence and condesention that he has for everyone else. You, on the other hand, are treating everyone the same and win some townie points by distancing yourself from Flameaxe.

My point is that if Flameaxe truly can't handle having a fellow "non-mafia team member" in the game without calling attention to it, then maybe he should ask for a replacement.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Unright »

dybeck wrote:
As it happens
, I've reflected and

1) I don't think this day needs to end just yet.
2) My gut says Unright. And my gut is usually right.

unvote, vote: Unright
Okay.. what? You and Mirth keep mentioning how suspicious I am, how you don't like me, etc, but you never ask me any direct questions or try to engage me in conversation. All you are making is snide remarks. I am pretty new to this game and I have a pro-town role. I am willing to answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability. So if you've got something to say, say it.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:Your wagoning of Jmar (I'd like to know why y'all think Jmar is being being scummy, please?), wagoning for the sake of wagoning, jumping on Originality for unvoting, and some crap logic. I don't suspect you enough to vote you, but I'm keeping my eye on you.
I disagree that bandwagonning for the sake of bandwagonning is some sort of scum-tell. PWS needed help putting a little pressure on JMar, so I helped gave a little push. I don't know if JMar is scum or town, so any information PWS gets out of him is good. Bandwagons can also provide a ton of suppositional information (such as reaction to pressure, who jumps on the bandwagon, who jumps off, etc..). Not everyone plays the same way you do and holds back their vote until they are positive of their choice.

During the JMar bandwagon I found that Originality's behavior was suspicious. Despite his excuse, I believe that he really wanted to be on the bandwagon, but he didn't want to be in the 3rd or 4th position. The fabled mythical "Scum-tell spot". He didn't want to be outed as scum.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Unright »

PlaysWithSquirrels wrote:You'll have to tune in at 11. :teach:
*sets Tivo*
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by Unright »

I was willing to let the war with Flameaxe slide, but I'm seriously concerned with the fatalist attempt to frame JMar. The deadline is Nov 6th, which is 8 days away, yet Peers is pushing the falsity that he and JMar are the only lynchable candidates. Then he tries to send JMar up the river not because he really believes that JMar is scum, but just because he wants someone else to die instead of him.

I can't ignore such a scummy play.

unvote

vote: Peers
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #36) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:03 am

Post by Unright »

The deadline is
7 days away. You have plenty of time to re-read the thread. Pick-out your 1-11 most scummiest players. Make a case against them. Solicit responses and further discussion. And push for a lynch against anybody of your choosing. Surely if you're town, somebody must have tipped your scumdar.

But instead you're just picking on the most vulnerable player available. Townies will go after the scummiest players, while scum will just go after convenient prey.

Right now you're like the guy in Austin Powers who is 20 feet away from a slow-moving steamroller shouting "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!" You don't really have a logical grasp on the situation.

And JMar is OMGUSing right back at you so he's not necessarily better, but to be fair you started it.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Unright »

Peers wrote:Mirth, you're absolutely right. My job is to hunt scum. However, how good are you at hunting scum while you're dead? "Your goal isn't to survive" is bull, and you know it. I can't scumhunt dead. Can you?
But you're not hunting scum. You're just pointing at JMar and saying "Him! Not me!" and then only because you're at risk. That's scummy.

I know there's a deadline on, but you're scrambling way too much for someone who has a full week of breathing time.
Mirth wrote:While I don't like Unright's sudden vote-hop,
Uh, sudden? How so?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:11 am

Post by Unright »

CES wrote:The case against Jmar isn't very concrete, but still his posts resemble those of a scum much more than Peers'. He's been trying to stay under the radar, and his L-1 vote (IIRC) on Peers was very opportunistic, in my opinion.
L-1 vote by JMar? UA is the L-1 vote for regular lynch. JMar would have been the L-1 vote for the deadline lynch, but his vote came before the deadline.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Unright »

I'm happy with my Peers vote. In my opinion, right now the pressure is on those not voting Peers to either defend him or make a stronger case against another player.

PlaysWithSquirrels
Cogito Ergo Scum (need something better than that)
Blight's replacement
dybeck
killerbob
Peers

^
I'm looking at you guys.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:46 am

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:Hmmmmm...interesting night choice.

I'm going to
vote: Unright
. Unright, why do you think I'm voting you now?
:?: Because you're basing it off the night choice?

I didn't think very highly of him because of his self-voting gimmick and I prodded UA pretty strongly over his meta-defending of Flameaxe. As such I was high on his list of suspects, but he wasn't very high on mine.

Did I miss anything?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:11 am

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:Now then, unless I'm mistaken, scum try to eliminate possible protown powerroles early. Your post suggests that you have a character name. Yet, you're alive. Any comments on this?
Could be any number of scenarios. A doc protected me, scum figured a doc would protect me so they went after another target for Nking and/or decided it'd be easier to paint me as scum the next day. I'm not a mind-reader, just happy to be alive. Whatever the reason, it sure as hell ain't this:
Originality wrote:Seriously, I think the reason UA got NKd was because they thought he was annoying.
Unless the scum group are incredibly petty noobs.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”