Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Peers »

Mirth, you're absolutely right. My job is to hunt scum. However, how good are you at hunting scum while you're dead? "Your goal isn't to survive" is bull, and you know it. I can't scumhunt dead. Can you?
Unright wrote:But instead you're just picking on the most vulnerable player available. Townies will go after the scummiest players, while scum will just go after convenient prey.
You mean, like the guy who only needed one more vote on him to be the lynchee at deadline? Again -- you're doing the same thing I did. That makes you townier than me... how, exactly?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Yes, but that wasn't his point. His point was, all you are currently doing is trying to save your own ass from being lynched, not trying to find scum. I find that all liek...scummzie.

Vote: Peers.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Unright »

Peers wrote:Mirth, you're absolutely right. My job is to hunt scum. However, how good are you at hunting scum while you're dead? "Your goal isn't to survive" is bull, and you know it. I can't scumhunt dead. Can you?
But you're not hunting scum. You're just pointing at JMar and saying "Him! Not me!" and then only because you're at risk. That's scummy.

I know there's a deadline on, but you're scrambling way too much for someone who has a full week of breathing time.
Mirth wrote:While I don't like Unright's sudden vote-hop,
Uh, sudden? How so?
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:38 am

Post by Mirth »

Prior to your change in voting, you were defending yourself and attacking Flame. You didn't really express suspicion of Peers. Note how I say that I'm also letting this go (for the time being at least) because Peers has just hit the allergic reaction level of my discomfort radar.

Peers, Flame and Unright have explained my point well enough. You're not scum hunting, period. You're randomly finger pointing because you think Jmar might have a better chance of being lynched than you do, even though there's plenty of time to discuss other people.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Peers »

No, I think jmar is scummy, and I've stated my reasons why.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:50 am

Post by Mirth »

Yes, you did so only after multiple posts where you admitted it was an OMGUS vote and that you didn't understand other people's reasons for voting him. Thus you formulated a case after stating a lack of case. Thus you're just trying to grope onto anything to justify your vote.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Peers »

Okay, let's say you're right. What should I do? I've looked at the thread, there's not enough to make a case against anyone else that's any stronger.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day One Vote Count: #12

Peers – 6 – Mirth, originality, jmar, UltimaAvalon, Unright, Flameaxe

jmar – 4 – PlaysWithSquirrelsCogito Ergo Scum, Blight, Peers

Unright – 1 – dybeck

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!
to lynch at deadline!

Not Voting – 1 – killerbob
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:06 pm

Post by Peers »

killerbob wrote:Now I realize I just listed 7 of 12 players...but you have all raised my suspicion in one way or another. I am devoting more time to this game from here on out.
That was on Friday, it's now very early Thursday.
Prod: killerbob
?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

I'm sorry, but I still can't see how Peers could be a scum, and I don't know how anyone could still think so at this point. I know he hasn't been acting like a townie should, but I think scums would react in much another way than Peers did. I'm not going to vote him, nor would I like to see him being lynched.
The case against Jmar isn't very concrete, but still his posts resemble those of a scum much more than Peers'. He's been trying to stay under the radar, and his L-1 vote (IIRC) on Peers was very opportunistic, in my opinion.

Mod:
I won't be able to post a lot in the next few days. Sorry for that. I hope I'll be less busy when day 2 starts.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:11 am

Post by Unright »

CES wrote:The case against Jmar isn't very concrete, but still his posts resemble those of a scum much more than Peers'. He's been trying to stay under the radar, and his L-1 vote (IIRC) on Peers was very opportunistic, in my opinion.
L-1 vote by JMar? UA is the L-1 vote for regular lynch. JMar would have been the L-1 vote for the deadline lynch, but his vote came before the deadline.
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:18 am

Post by jmar »

You don't remember correctly. When I voted, I said it put him at L-2 if I counted correctly. Then you said it was L-1 and I was wrong. Then we discussed it and came to the conclusion it was L-2 (though Peers kept saying it was almost "hammer" for some reason). You're welcome to go back and do a vote count, but it was L-2. As for your other reasons, I wouldn't say going head-to-head with Peers is really staying "under the radar." I mean, if Peers ends up being town for some reason I'm pretty much a dead man. You admit the case against me isn't very concrete, but you're voting anyways. I don't quite understand that logic, but hey, you're free to vote as you please. All I can do is respond.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Peers »

At least I know there's a few sane people out there... or at least scum who know I'm town and hope to look innocent by supporting me...

Hrm. There's an idea.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:29 am

Post by dybeck »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:I'm sorry, but I still can't see how Peers could be a scum, and I don't know how anyone could still think so at this point. I know he hasn't been acting like a townie should, but I think scums would react in much another way than Peers did. I'm not going to vote him, nor would I like to see him being lynched.
The case against Jmar isn't very concrete, but still his posts resemble those of a scum much more than Peers'. He's been trying to stay under the radar, and his L-1 vote (IIRC) on Peers was very opportunistic, in my opinion.
CES is right. There is still time for a third way bandwagon.

Do you remember back in the beginning when Unright accidentally admitted to not being town? This is where we should be looking.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Peers »

Hrm. Tell you what, as an experiment...

Unvote

Jmar is now at 3 and will not by lynched at deadline. A full two votes (three if you think I'm dishonest enough to re-vote him despite the amazingly scummy scent I'll gain) can be taken off me and put elsewhere and I'll still by lynched at deadline.

So, who else do you people think is scum, other than me?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:12 am

jmar wrote:You don't remember correctly. When I voted, I said it put him at L-2 if I counted correctly. Then you said it was L-1 and I was wrong. Then we discussed it and came to the conclusion it was L-2 (though Peers kept saying it was almost "hammer" for some reason).
That was because UA unvoted in a quote. At that point, it wasn't sure if the mod would count the unvote, and I think saying it's L-2 while the mod could very well count it as a L-1 is scummy.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:24 am

jmar wrote:As for your other reasons, I wouldn't say going head-to-head with Peers is really staying "under the radar." I mean, if Peers ends up being town for some reason I'm pretty much a dead man.
You didn't go head-to-head with Peers. Me and PWS voted for you when Peers was almost lynched, and now there's a deadline one of you is probably going to get lynched. That's why you guys vote each other. [quote="jmar"
You admit the case against me isn't very concrete, but you're voting anyways. I don't quite understand that logic, but hey, you're free to vote as you please. All I can do is respond.[/quote]So does the case have to be concrete for me to vote you? I said before it's mostly gut that makes me think you're scum, and I think that's a perfectly valid reason.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:25 am

jmar wrote:As for your other reasons, I wouldn't say going head-to-head with Peers is really staying "under the radar." I mean, if Peers ends up being town for some reason I'm pretty much a dead man.
You didn't go head-to-head with Peers. Me and PWS voted for you when Peers was almost lynched, and now there's a deadline one of you is probably going to get lynched. That's why you guys vote each other.
jmar wrote: You admit the case against me isn't very concrete, but you're voting anyways. I don't quite understand that logic, but hey, you're free to vote as you please. All I can do is respond.
So does the case have to be concrete for me to vote you? I said before it's mostly gut that makes me think you're scum, and I think that's a perfectly valid reason.[/quote]

----
Fixed quote tags. Sorry for the double post.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:38 am

Post by jmar »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:That was because UA unvoted in a quote. At that point, it wasn't sure if the mod would count the unvote, and I think saying it's L-2 while the mod could very well count it as a L-1 is scummy.
I guess I just didn't really consider it wouldn't be counted. I thought it was a little odd, but saw no reason it wouldn't be. Regardless, don't call it L-1 now if the mod did end up counting it. That's a little disingenuous.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
You didn't go head-to-head with Peers. Me and PWS voted for you when Peers was almost lynched, and now there's a deadline one of you is probably going to get lynched. That's why you guys vote each other.
But that's not why I'm voting Peers. I had my vote on him way before the deadline, and I've been arguing with him for the last 5 pages or so. Either way, I wouldn't say I'm exactly "under the radar," or even trying to be.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
jmar wrote: You admit the case against me isn't very concrete, but you're voting anyways. I don't quite understand that logic, but hey, you're free to vote as you please. All I can do is respond.
So does the case have to be concrete for me to vote you? I said before it's mostly gut that makes me think you're scum, and I think that's a perfectly valid reason.
Fair enough. Like I said you're free to vote as you please. I guess it's more a difference in playstyle. If I'm 19 pages in and we're deadlined, I'm gonna vote for the guy with the more concrete case against him.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Peers wrote:Hrm. Tell you what, as an experiment...

Unvote

Jmar is now at 3 and will not by lynched at deadline. A full two votes (three if you think I'm dishonest enough to re-vote him despite the amazingly scummy scent I'll gain) can be taken off me and put elsewhere and I'll still by lynched at deadline.

So, who else do you people think is scum, other than me?
YOU scumhunt, and then (no wai!) you FIND scum! Don't rely on our opinions to form yours. I personally find doing that very scummy.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Peers »

Flameaxe wrote: YOU scumhunt, and then (no wai!) you FIND scum! Don't rely on our opinions to form yours. I personally find doing that very scummy.
I found my scum. Maybe this is too complex an idea for you to handle, but I want the town to win. I am, at this point, going to die. What I am trying to do is provide a way for the town to think about who they want to kill next so they can put the remaining time until deadline to use since there won't be one more vote against me, and hopefully we can avoid lynching a townie on the next day. And yet, you find that scummy?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I found my scum too. Complexity is awesome isn't it?
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Peers »

Flameaxe wrote:I found my scum too. Complexity is awesome isn't it?
The difference is, you're about to be proven wrong once deadline hits.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:06 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Ok. Cause I obviously have every reason to pity you, don't I?
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Peers »

Flameaxe wrote:Ok. Cause I obviously have every reason to pity you, don't I?
Who said anything about pity?

Anyway, are you going to take this opertunity to think about who else is scum, or are you just going to continue to antagonize me?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”