Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:51 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

@Peers
Peers wrote:UA may just be trying to protect himself with that "Oh, I always do this" 'joke'
I also dont like your continual use of phrases such as "We all know you like to..." and "But then, you know that..."

@Unright: Team Asshat is not a group formed for the sake of doing things in Mafia games. Team Asshat is a group of people who hate people, and join together for the sole purpose of channeling their hatred into destructive purposes, such as telling people to stand in front of speeding 18-wheelers so that the world's precious oxygen supply wont be wasted by their continued existence. Because this is a "We Hate People" group, and NOT A MAFIA group, it does not carry into Mafia games. Any references to Team Asshat made in the Random Voting stage are not dragged out into the normal stage of the game UNLESS STUPID PEOPLE LIKE UNRIGHT CONTINUALLY TALK ABOUT IT AND MAKE USELESS CASES AGAINST PEOPLE WITH IT. All complaints and requests of compensation for physical and/or emotional damage caused by Team Asshat must be submitted in writing to "Team Asshat's Super Fortress of DOOOOM (Formerlly BM's house)" Team Asshat is not responsible for any such damage you may receive by following our suggestions, and the pupose of your written statement is simply so we may obtain your personal info and signature so we may steal your idenetity to equip said fortress of DOOOOM (Formerlly BM's house) with bare necessities, such as video games and junk food. Thank you, and have a bad day

EDIT BY WAY OF PREVIEW

Oh lookie there Peers, you did it again.
Peers wrote:He's not voting for you based on membership in Team Asshat. He's voting for you based on that fact that you are, in fact, a total asshat.
Again, you say someone has said something, when in fact, they did not.
Unright wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:Anyone who thinks that Team Asshat means anything in this game WHATSOEVER needs to go to their roof, and jump off so maybe the impact will spark one small ounce of common sense in your brain.
Gosh. You're right.
Flameaxe wrote:Team asshat has nothing to do with this game, don't make like it seem like it does.
My Asshat partner and I will determine when it will be necessary to make that change.
Flameaxe wrote:@dybeck: I bet you can't wait.
I can assure only greatness from TAsshat in this game.
Hope your insurance is good.
Unright NEVER SAID ANYTHING in that post to come anywhere close to the conclusion you did. You sure are manipulative for someone who doesn't like to chaff people's scumdars.
Peers wrote:you're a poor town player who distracts the rest of us from finding scum
In what way did Flameaxe distract the town from its scumhunting duties? Did he bring up the Team Asshat issue? No. Did he whine about some bandwagon made during the random vote stage? No. Who did these things? Peers and Unright did. Who voted for Flameaxe for absolutely no reason in less than an hour? Peers and Unright did.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Unright »

Flameaxe wrote:He's trying to make it seem as if my outside connections make me change my play here, which makes very little sense at all. He's attacking me for defending UA's jokewagon at the beginning of the game, a wagon in which I understood because I've played with UA before and have a decent meta on him.
So if another player had started a bandwagon on themselves at the beginning of the game, you'd be staunchly defending them as well?
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Peers »

Mirth wrote:Peers, give me a good reason why not to vote you right now, please. Because I'm not sure how much longer the already sizable wagon on you will continue to deter me.

This is the third time you've wagon jumped. For very poor reasons. Yes, Flameaxe is obnoxious. Being obnoxious is not a scumtell.
To be fair, this most recent one was not wagon-jumping, it was realizing my previous unvoting of Flameaxe was a mistake.

You're right. Being obnoxious is not a scumtell. However, when that obnoxiousness is so strong that it becomes the focal point of the game, then either a) the obnoxious person is scum, or b) the obnoxious person is town and working to help the scum by being so obnoxious.

The goal of the game is to win. Town cannot hunt scum is someone is being so obnoxious they throw everyone else's scumdar off.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Peers wrote:
Mirth wrote:Peers, give me a good reason why not to vote you right now, please. Because I'm not sure how much longer the already sizable wagon on you will continue to deter me.

This is the third time you've wagon jumped. For very poor reasons. Yes, Flameaxe is obnoxious. Being obnoxious is not a scumtell.
To be fair, this most recent one was not wagon-jumping, it was realizing my previous unvoting of Flameaxe was a mistake.

You're right. Being obnoxious is not a scumtell. However, when that obnoxiousness is so strong that it becomes the focal point of the game, then either a) the obnoxious person is scum, or b) the obnoxious person is town and working to help the scum by being so obnoxious.

The goal of the game is to win. Town cannot hunt scum is someone is being so obnoxious they throw everyone else's scumdar off.
Prove that my being obnoxious hinders the town. I can be obnoxious and still scumhunt just fine.

You still need to answer my last post's many answers also.

@Unright: Probably not, unless I had some sort of meta on them that told me otherwise, much like UA.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Unright »

UltimaAvalon wrote:@Unright: Team Asshat is not a group formed for the sake of doing things in Mafia games. Team Asshat is a group of people who hate people, and join together for the sole purpose of channeling their hatred into destructive purposes, such as telling people to stand in front of speeding 18-wheelers so that the world's precious oxygen supply wont be wasted by their continued existence. Because this is a "We Hate People" group, and NOT A MAFIA group, it does not carry into Mafia games. Any references to Team Asshat made in the Random Voting stage are not dragged out into the normal stage of the game UNLESS STUPID PEOPLE LIKE UNRIGHT CONTINUALLY TALK ABOUT IT AND MAKE USELESS CASES AGAINST PEOPLE WITH IT
*shrug* Flameaxe is the one who brought up the whole "Team Asshat" thing first on Page 2. The "random voting" stage isn't a magically seperate part of the game. It's not like I brought it up out of nowhere. If Flameaxe hadn't brought it up, I wouldn't have.

But the fact of the matter is that he's gone out of his way to defend your actions and he is also not treating you with the same belligerence and condesention that he has for everyone else. You, on the other hand, are treating everyone the same and win some townie points by distancing yourself from Flameaxe.

My point is that if Flameaxe truly can't handle having a fellow "non-mafia team member" in the game without calling attention to it, then maybe he should ask for a replacement.
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Flameaxe »

My defending of his actions have nothing to do with Team Asshat. My point is that you need to actually read my posts to see that my defense of him has no mention of Team Asshat.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Peers »

Flameaxe wrote:Prove that my being obnoxious hinders the town. I can be obnoxious and still scumhunt just fine.
Doesn't matter if -you- can. It matters if the -town- can.

You can be the best soldier in the world -- a crack shot, can march 400 miles a day with no food and water, master five martial arts and be able to plan a jailbreak of POWs with the contents of a metrosexual's glove compartment -- and if you start being obnoxious during a mission, distracting people from their jobs, allowing the other side to get an advantage, then your own side is perfectly justified in shooting your ass so you don't get the rest of them killed.

Well, I don't have a gun, just a vote. And I've used it. You're screwing over the town with your actions. It needs to stop.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:05 am

Post by Flameaxe »

And guess what, you STILL haven't answered ANY of my questions.

YOU need to stop avoiding them.
Vote: Peers.
You can't just respond to the parts of other people's posts that are convenient to you.

I am an obnoxious person, I like it. I like how I am. I'm not changing for you.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Posting again:

I feel like pointing out that the Asshat discussion from the joke vote portion of the game died down until Unright brought it back up in post 277. Re-reading his posts feel like he is trying to blow the whole thing out of proportion. Anyone else notice/feel like I am right now?
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Peers »

Flameaxe wrote:You still need to answer my last post's many answers also.
The above quote is from your post 303. Your 'last post' was post 298. In it, you ask exactly one thing.
Please then, explain to me this: How does me being a 'total asshat' = scum?
I have already answered this question. It doesn't. You may very well be town. However, if you are, you're the worst kind of town, one that pretty much ensures the game will be a scum victory. And therefor, you need to go.

So, tell me, what's next on your agenda now that you can't attack me for not answering your 'many questions' that I've been so amazingly good at ignoring by answering them already in posts 302/306/this one?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:48 am

Post by dybeck »

Certainly your being obnoxious has turned this thread into the Flameaxe and Peers show.

If you're not scum, you want to be doing a little bit more subtle listening and prying, and a little less gibbering crap at each other.

Actually, if you're scum that would be good advice too.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Ok, now I'm feeling even better about my vote, because most of your vote was based on the fact that you thought I am a total asshat, now you outright say that it doesn't = scum. And you still seem fine with the chance of lynching a townie here. I'm hoping someone else actually notices how scummy you are acting right now, it's just not funny anymore. You seriously need to try to find scum harder, because your case on me right now is 'He seems scummy to me, but if he does turn up town, we still benefit from it" which is a 100%, outright stupid case to try and push as seriously as you are pushing it.

How am I bad town to you? I feel like I'm huntin' dem scumz just fine, I'm sorry if I don't do it the same way you do: attacking with flimsy reasons.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Flameaxe »

@Dybeck: Your post is unhelpful at best.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:14 am

Post by Peers »

Flameaxe wrote:How am I bad town to you? I feel like I'm huntin' dem scumz just fine, I'm sorry if I don't do it the same way you do: attacking with flimsy reasons.
Amazingly enough, the reason you're bad town to me is that you attack with flimsy reasons. Go fig.

And now my new big scumtell is that... I don't care if you're town or scum? Wow.

Now, I'll agree with you, to a point. Wanting all the townies dead? Scumtell. Wanting lots of townies dead? Scumtell. Wanting one particular townie dead so he can't screw over the town and the rest of us can get the scum? Not a scumtell.

I'm fairly confident that if you don't get lynched today or tomorrow, the game will end in a scum victory, whether you're scum or not. And that, my friend, is why I don't care if you're scum or town... I know that your survival means the town loses.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:27 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Unright wrote:*shrug* Flameaxe is the one who brought up the whole "Team Asshat" thing first on Page 2. The "random voting" stage isn't a magically seperate part of the game. It's not like I brought it up out of nowhere. If Flameaxe hadn't brought it up, I wouldn't have.
READ! I did not say you brought it up. I said we dropped it a long long time ago, and yet you people continue to try building cases based on it. You're wrong.
Unright wrote:But the fact of the matter is that he's gone out of his way to defend your actions
Actions? As in more than one? I remember him defending the self-vote-urned-wagon, but what other defense has he mounted for me? None. Thats what the whole thing is about. You're once again taking a little thing that happened in the first page of the game and blowing it out of proportion.
Unright wrote:My point is that if Flameaxe truly can't handle having a fellow "non-mafia team member" in the game without calling attention to it, then maybe he should ask for a replacement.
If it amuses us to call attention to Team Asshat in the opening stage of the game, we will. It amuses us. Its fun. Thats why we do it in the portion of the game where hilarity is supposed to ensue.

PEERS!

If you're so concerned about your ability to scumhunt, why are you willing to admit Flameaxe is town, but still convinced he needs to die. I see you turn IC in a few days, but you've obviously missed a very important lesson about what Town is supposed to do in Mafia. Town is supposed to LYNCH MAFIA! If there's someone who is townie yet obstructive, you don't waste a lynch. YOU IGNORE HIM!
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Now, I'll agree with you, to a point. Wanting all the townies dead? Scumtell. Wanting lots of townies dead? Scumtell. Wanting one particular townie dead so he can't screw over the town and the rest of us can get the scum? Not a scumtell.
Where have I shown my interest in screwing over the town? The fact is that it IS a scumtell. You are assuming that I don't want to play this game, accusing me of it, and not showing ANY clear evidence to support it. Here's the funny thing. I HAVE a case on you. My reasoning is correct, very unflimsy in fact. You are acting SO scummy right now. Just because I'm going after you for something I find to be scummy, doesn't mean I'm here to screw over the town.

Now you are even trying to point out what I'm going to do IN THE FUTURE, still, with absolutely no evidence at all.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Peers »

UltimaAvalon wrote:PEERS!

If you're so concerned about your ability to scumhunt, why are you willing to admit Flameaxe is town, but still convinced he needs to die. I see you turn IC in a few days, but you've obviously missed a very important lesson about what Town is supposed to do in Mafia. Town is supposed to LYNCH MAFIA! If there's someone who is townie yet obstructive, you don't waste a lynch. YOU IGNORE HIM!
The goal of the town is not to lynch mafia. The goal of the town is to win.

Most of the time, yes, the best way to do this is to lynch mafia. But there are cases (say, a goon who is siblings with a town power-role, or some situations involving SKs, or those involving town players who are acting like scum players) where it's best to lynch someone else. They are rare, but they exist, and we have one here.
FlamingAxe wrote:Just because I'm going after you for something I find to be scummy, doesn't mean I'm here to screw over the town.
And yet, going after you for something I find to be scummy (note: In this case 'scummy' does not mean 'is scum' but means 'will make scum win') is a bad reason for me to vote for you? Double standards only apply if the two people are different factions.

I'm town. Which means you are... what, again?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Flameaxe »

PEERS, TELL ME SOMETHING, HOW DOES THE TOWN WIN? OBVIOUSLY MY PREVIOUS THOUGHTS OF ELIMINATING THE MAFIA ISN'T HOW THE TOWN WINS ACCORDING TO YOU.

Still accusing me, still haven't proved anything.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Also, everyone votes someone for something to be scummy, what they are means everything. It just so happens your reason is full of poor reasoning and no proof of anything.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:47 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I have a great idea! Lets ask the VANILLA TOWNIE ROLE PM, THAT WAS SO GRACIOUSLY POSTED BY OUR BENEVOLENT MOD, WHAT WE HAVE TO DO TO WIN
Townie Role PM wrote:You win when all threats to Rita Repulsa (which may include characters other than Power Rangers) are destroyed.
LOOK! IT SAYS KILL SCUM! (Scum is defined as Mafia + roles that are explicitly anti-town) IT DOES NOT SAY KILL TOWN!
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Peers »

... you're not even bothering to read my posts, are you? You're just skimming them.

Let me spell it out for you slowly, like I would for a small child.

The town wants to win.
The town wins when the bad guys are gone.
Bad guys are a) mafia, b) SKs, c) people who are so damn retarded they do stupid stuff that prevents a) and b) from being lynched.

Now, if you want to lynch a mafia, but a townie is making it so you can't... you get rid of that townie. Then you can get rid of the mafia instead of banging your head into their brick wall.

At this point, everyone in this game has a choice to make: Lynch one of you, and remove part of the brick wall; Lynch me, because I let myself get dragged down to your level and look just as bad as you; or lynch someone else... which will be difficult because of the animosity going on here, but if it happens, more power to 'em.

The difference is, if you're lynched, I can focus on helping my fellow townies find the scum. If I'm lynched, you'll just keep being an asshat to Unright, and then pick a new target after him.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Still haven't proved anything.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Edit: I never act like an asshat just to be an asshat. I may come across as an asshat when going after someone, but that doesn't mean I just feel like being an asshat there.
Peers wrote:At this point, everyone in this game has a choice to make: Lynch one of you, and remove part of the brick wall; Lynch me, because I let myself get dragged down to your level and look just as bad as you; or lynch someone else... which will be difficult because of the animosity going on here, but if it happens, more power to 'em.
Stop trying to lead the town, let them make their own decisions.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:06 am

Post by Peers »

Flameaxe wrote: Stop trying to lead the town, let them make their own decisions.
... Oh, wow, I lead the town into telling them they can vote for anyone, that's so amazingly scummy...
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Referring to us as a 'brick wall' was though.

ps. still havent proved anything...I'm gonna keep saying it till I get some.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”