Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:49 am

Post by Peers »

Flameaxe wrote:Considering you haven't played with UA before, I'll let the fact that you don't realinze it was a total joke that he does every game slide...
... don't get me started on jokes that a) aren't funny and b) waste time... I already have one person almost on my always-drop list because of that...
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by originality »

Peers has no sense of humor.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Peers and Unright are also obv scum who can't wait to get to night so they can morph and open a can of Japanese Whoop-ass on us poor Townies.

FoS: Both of 'em
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by Mirth »

I agree with Peers. Not funny and a waste of time = not good. I don't see what Avalon's crappy attempt as joking has to do with the rest of you piling on pointlessly? I also don't understand why Avalon would have such a ridiculously annoying method of joking, but I'm of the belief that playing along with juvenile behavior only further encourages and enables it, so I'd like the extend the humorless schoolmarm headshaking to everyone who plays along with this kind of nonsese.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day One Vote Count: #3

UltimaAvalon – 4 – Blight, Flameaxe, Cogito Ergo Scum, Unright

Cogito Ergo Scum – 2 – PlaysWithSquirrels, jmar

Blight – 1 – killerbob
Flameaxe – 1 – dybeck
jmar – 1 – Peers

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

Not Voting – 3 – Mirth, originality, UltimaAvalon
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Mirth wrote:I agree with Peers. Not funny and a waste of time = not good. I don't see what Avalon's crappy attempt as joking has to do with the rest of you piling on pointlessly? I also don't understand why Avalon would have such a ridiculously annoying method of joking, but I'm of the belief that playing along with juvenile behavior only further encourages and enables it, so I'd like the extend the humorless schoolmarm headshaking to everyone who plays along with this kind of nonsese.
If it is pointless and a waste of time, does that make talking about how it is a a waste of time MORE of a waste of time? (psst, the answer is yes!)

If it was pointless we wouldn't be talking about it for two pages, no?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Unright »

Flameaxe wrote:If it is pointless and a waste of time, does that make talking about how it is a a waste of time MORE of a waste of time? (psst, the answer is yes!)
Oh, I don't mind pointlessness and wasting of time. It's just that UltimaAvalon is less funny than Carlos Mencia.
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I second the Carlos Mencia not being funny part. As for UA, it's just a tradition for him. If he tries to push the wagon the whole game, THEN I would have an issue.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by Unright »

All right. Hackles down then.

unvote

*makes a note of Flameaxe defending UltimaAvalon*
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by Peers »

I love the fact the first person to back me up about this is named Mirth.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Mirth »

Since this is getting nowhere (and none of you are funny. Get over it) I will purpose the fowwing. Since Avalon's bandwagon hd 5 people on it (including himself) it would be satistically sound to assume that at least one of them is scum. In a game likje this, I will also assume that we have probably three or four mafia players (could be 2, could be 5 cause of the five rangers, but one mislynch and one nightkill would put town in LYLO with that, so I'm going to assume that 5 is less likely than 3 or 4 for that reason, though it is still possible due to the number of rangers). Possibly some other killing role, don't know yet since we started on day.

So, in no particular order, Blight, Avalon, Flame, CES, Unright, what do you all think about my above comment.
killerbob
killerbob
Townie
killerbob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:34 am

Post by killerbob »

I'm back...sorry for the inactivity. I had a major weekend at school. I'm glad to see that we started being serious. Maybe we will start to see who the scum really is now. I don't really have an opinion ATM but I will re-read and get back soon.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:35 am

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

Mirth wrote:Since this is getting nowhere (and none of you are funny. Get over it) I will purpose the fowwing. Since Avalon's bandwagon hd 5 people on it (including himself) it would be satistically sound to assume that at least one of them is scum. In a game likje this, I will also assume that we have probably three or four mafia players (could be 2, could be 5 cause of the five rangers, but one mislynch and one nightkill would put town in LYLO with that, so I'm going to assume that 5 is less likely than 3 or 4 for that reason, though it is still possible due to the number of rangers). Possibly some other killing role, don't know yet since we started on day.

So, in no particular order, Blight, Avalon, Flame, CES, Unright, what do you all think about my above comment.
You're assuming and speculating too much.
Oh hai.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Mirth »

I *am* assuming and speculating too much, but at least I'm trying for an actual conversation that extends past "ohh, lets vote someone pointlessly and see if we can lynch him." Though my assumption that at least one person on that bandwagon (barring the possibility of there only being two scum) is most likely correct due to probability.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Peers »

I dunno... a five-person bandwagon (4 not counting the self-voter) in a 12-person game... it's perfectly reasonable for the scum to not be on that bandwagon. The problem is, you get into a WIFOM arguement over if they would or wouldn't avoid it.

The sad thing is, we have very little to go on, and what we do have is based on randomness and bad humor. We either lynch someone totally at random, or don't lynch anyone at all. If we lynch at random, at least there's a chance of hitting a scum... and UA may just be trying to protect himself with that "Oh, I always do this" 'joke'...

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:57 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Hi guys. Peers is a hypocrite. He is also scum.

Yes, there's a chance of hitting scum with a random lynch. Why that means its better than a logical lynch is beyond me.

I never said my bandwagon was a joke. You guys did.

I'm not protecting myself with anything, even words. I didn't say "I always do this." Flameaxe did

Vote: Peers
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:14 am

Post by Peers »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Yes, there's a chance of hitting scum with a random lynch. Why that means its better than a logical lynch is beyond me.
If a logical lynch were possible, I'd be all for it. But it's not, given that we don't have any information to go on that doesn't stem from someone's attempts to get laughs out of the first day.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Unright »

UltimaAvalon wrote:I never said my bandwagon was a joke. You guys did.

I'm not protecting myself with anything, even words. I didn't say "I always do this." Flameaxe did
So you were seriously trying to bandwagon yourself? What is it about yourself that you find scummy? Your PM?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Mirth: How do you plan on being helpful by saying things and then admit they're pointless.

I liked Avalon's wagon way better than this.

Avalon and Unright are very townish.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:Since this is getting nowhere (and none of you are funny. Get over it) I will purpose the fowwing. Since Avalon's bandwagon hd 5 people on it (including himself) it would be satistically sound to assume that at least one of them is scum.
I'm not trying to discourage your scum-seeking ways, but what are the odds of a group of people behaving in a satistically sound way?
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Peers »

Unright wrote:I'm not trying to discourage your scum-seeking ways, but what are the odds of a group of people behaving in a satistically sound way?
Statisticly speaking, the odds are even.

... great, now -I'm- joking...
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:14 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Mirth wrote:Since this is getting nowhere (and none of you are funny. Get over it) I will purpose the fowwing. Since Avalon's bandwagon hd 5 people on it (including himself) it would be satistically sound to assume that at least one of them is scum. In a game likje this, I will also assume that we have probably three or four mafia players (could be 2, could be 5 cause of the five rangers, but one mislynch and one nightkill would put town in LYLO with that, so I'm going to assume that 5 is less likely than 3 or 4 for that reason, though it is still possible due to the number of rangers). Possibly some other killing role, don't know yet since we started on day.

If you are thinking about focusing pressure on just those 5: I say, screw dat, scum.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by originality »

It looks to me like all discussion/voting going on here is based on "DURR YOUR POST IS POINTLESS! NO YOURS IS SHUT UP" which is no good. There definitely are no grounds for a serious vote on anyone right now, unless you are satisfied with a random lynch for day one. So try not to let you being mad at someone else dictate your votes. I can't believe I just said that.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by jmar »

We're four pages in and we've gotten nowhere. I for one am not happy with a random lynch- in my opinion it shouldn't even be up for discussion.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:40 pm

Post by Mirth »

Flameaxe wrote: If you are thinking about focusing pressure on just those 5: I say, screw dat, scum.
First of all, you neglected to actually answer my question. Second, it is a place to start. I am of the opinion that WIFOM is a useful tool for extracting information. It's crappy logic, yes, but it gets people talking, which, for some reason, you lot don't seem too keen on.

I don't see why we can't come to a partially informed decision, Peers, as opposed to voting either randomly or not voting at all. Do you see a rush to get to a lynch? I certainly don't. We more or less have until the mod decides that we should move (so at least a month) to talk and argue and try to do something that isn't random or just piling on to a convienent bandwagon. Speaking of, why exactly did you vote for Avalon? Self-voting, if anything, is a null-tell. (By the way, this means 6 people, including Avalon, were at some point on the wagon already.)

CES: why do you think Avalon and Unright are townish? And if you do why is your vote still on Avalon?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”