Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:30 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Rita groans, and rubs her temples. Looks like a migraine might be setting in. "You lunkheads, hurry it up!"

Official Day One Vote Count: #10

jmar – 4 – PlaysWithSquirrelsCogito Ergo Scum, Blight, Peers

Peers – 3 – Mirth, originality, jmar

Flameaxe – 1 – Unright
Unright – 1 – dybeck

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

Not Voting – 3 – Flameaxe, killerbob, UltimaAvalon
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Mirth »

Unright: It's a couple of things actually. You half-claim, this:
Unright wrote:
Mirth wrote:I understand what you're saying, but it's a null tell for now. Unright needs to talk more before we can use that post to weigh anything.
I've typed up posts, but I've been too spooked out to actually hit the reply button. I feel that I've already stumbled twice so far this game (jumping on UA's self-bandwagon, and making stupid assumptions) and it's still very early, so I've got some self-doubt going on.
(You did answer my original question on it, but your answer shrugged it off and accused me of role fishing.)

Your wagoning of Jmar (I'd like to know why y'all think Jmar is being being scummy, please?), wagoning for the sake of wagoning, jumping on Originality for unvoting, and some crap logic. I don't suspect you enough to vote you, but I'm keeping my eye on you.

As for Dybeck, I'm not a fanof the unvote, but wasn't going to say anything about it until Unright reacted. Sooo...Dybeck...why did you unvote?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:48 am

Post by dybeck »

killerbob wrote:EBWOP: and if you are refering to me "Quoting" post 393...it wasn't even there when I started to write my post.
I wasn't. I was pointing out that you cited the same reasons as I did back when I originally voted Unright, a long way back.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:Your wagoning of Jmar (I'd like to know why y'all think Jmar is being being scummy, please?), wagoning for the sake of wagoning, jumping on Originality for unvoting, and some crap logic. I don't suspect you enough to vote you, but I'm keeping my eye on you.
I disagree that bandwagonning for the sake of bandwagonning is some sort of scum-tell. PWS needed help putting a little pressure on JMar, so I helped gave a little push. I don't know if JMar is scum or town, so any information PWS gets out of him is good. Bandwagons can also provide a ton of suppositional information (such as reaction to pressure, who jumps on the bandwagon, who jumps off, etc..). Not everyone plays the same way you do and holds back their vote until they are positive of their choice.

During the JMar bandwagon I found that Originality's behavior was suspicious. Despite his excuse, I believe that he really wanted to be on the bandwagon, but he didn't want to be in the 3rd or 4th position. The fabled mythical "Scum-tell spot". He didn't want to be outed as scum.
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Mirth wrote:CES, why defend Peers?
Because I think his play makes sense as townie, whereas less so as a scum. And I don't want townies to get lynched.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:42 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Bump to get above closed threads.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Lightning strikes! Rita decides the lot of you are taking much too long, and does something about it. She points her staff at the wall, and after an electric
zzzap
, written there is:

Deadline: November 6, 11:59 pm PST.

"Ohhhh... I have
such
a headache!"
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

So a little more than 2 weeks to kill someone...

Confirm Vote: Peers
(Since apparently my unvote didn't count, and I really dont want to vote jmar)

Lets get to it

Mod Edit: Vote Count (above) has been fixed. I did not see your unvote.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by Mirth »

Avalon, why sort of revote Peers now?
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by Peers »

Because he doesn't want to vote jmar, and there's no chance of being able to lynch anyone else.

(Note: Not me trying to put words in his mouth, that just seems like the logical answer to me... the field has basicly been narrowed down to two, and he doesn't want to vote for one of them.)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by Mirth »

Peers wrote:and there's no chance of being able to lynch anyone else.
Why do you say so? Also even if there is no no apparent chance to lynch someone else, if one believes that someone else is a better target for lynching, why not try anyway?
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Peers »

Mirth wrote:
Why do you say so? Also even if there is no no apparent chance to lynch someone else, if one believes that someone else is a better target for lynching, why not try anyway?
For the same reason you're better off not voting for a third-party candidate in the American Presidential Elections. You have no chance of success, your vote is mainly to say "I support voting for this guy in the future, where I hope there will be more support for him, and eventually we can get him in."

Right now, unless there's a huge swing towards someone else, either jmar or myself is being lynched. I don't think this town is stupid enough to do a day-one no-lynch, and there isn't enough evidence or arguments for the town to go after anyone else... at least, not to the point of getting enough votes. A third candidate for lynching will only take votes away from the other two, and most likely cause a no-lynch.

I'm not saying "Don't vote for someone else". I'm just saying, unless you really think you have a strong enough argument to get people to unvote from jmar and me, it's not going to do the town any good. Personally? i'd love to hear a good case that gets people to unvote from me, but it's day one... I don't think there's enough action out there to make such a case. If someone can prove me wrong, please do.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:41 am

Post by jmar »

I'm still waiting for someone to explain the reasoning behind my bandwagon. I find it interesting Mirth has asked people several times and nobody's responded. Do you guys even know, or are you just going with the crowd?
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:46 am

Post by dybeck »

I still think Unright deserves a third-way bandwagon.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by Mirth »

Peers wrote:
Mirth wrote:
For the same reason you're better off not voting for a third-party candidate in the American Presidential Elections. You have no chance of success, your vote is mainly to say "I support voting for this guy in the future, where I hope there will be more support for him, and eventually we can get him in."

Right now, unless there's a huge swing towards someone else, either jmar or myself is being lynched. I don't think this town is stupid enough to do a day-one no-lynch, and there isn't enough evidence or arguments for the town to go after anyone else... at least, not to the point of getting enough votes. A third candidate for lynching will only take votes away from the other two, and most likely cause a no-lynch.

I'm not saying "Don't vote for someone else". I'm just saying, unless you really think you have a strong enough argument to get people to unvote from jmar and me, it's not going to do the town any good. Personally? i'd love to hear a good case that gets people to unvote from me, but it's day one... I don't think there's enough action out there to make such a case. If someone can prove me wrong, please do.
And this is why my vote is staying on you...you're discouraging thought. We have two weeks. Two weeks is more than enough time to swing another bandwagon, given there is enough evidence for it, so if anyone has any suspicions besides you and JMar, they should voice them. You also, obviously, did not read game rules:
petroleumjelly wrote:
Jelly's Rules

Rules On what is Allowable:

[05] When a deadline has been placed, I will require only a majority of what would normally be a majority for a lynch (i.e. 7 players needs 4 to lynch, so I would require 3 to lynch in such a scenario). If this number is not reached, day will end in no-lynch, and the game will progress directly into night. If the town is in a Lynch-or-Lose situation, however, there will be no lowered requirements for lynching.
We don't infact, need seven for a lynch.
Mod, would it be correct to assume that because of deadline we need at least 4 for a lynch?

So...Peers, have anything helpful to say? Or do you want to let Avalon talk for himself now?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:10 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Mirth wrote:Mod, would it be correct to assume that because of deadline we need at least 4 for a lynch?
Yes. It will take four to lynch at the moment the deadline hits, and not before. If there is a tie, the first player to have reached the tied amount of votes (which can include four, five, and six) will be lynched. If nobody has at least four votes, the game will go directly into night with a No Lynch.
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:19 am

Post by Mirth »

That's what I thought, thanks.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Peers »

Hrm. Missed that rule. Thanks for brining it to my attention... and tht pretty much invalidates my last few days of thinking...
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by originality »

Hey. I haven't been posting because my computer went south. Right now I'm posting from my wii. The ole computer will hopefully be OK way before the deadline, but we will see. There's time anyway. Ok so I'll try to do some reading (and posting) from here if computer doesn't get better soon.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I'll just cruise along until Peers decides to stop speaking for me.

hopefully he'll stop after he's lynched. Speaking of which, lets get back to doing that.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Peers »

I said I wasn't putting words in your mouth, I was just saying how it appeared to me.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:17 am

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

JMar is scum. More on this story at 11.
Oh hai.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:36 am

Post by jmar »

Still waiting for my question to be answered, but thank you, PlaysWithSquirrels, for your continuing lack of adding anything valuable to this game.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Try concidering that it could just be his playstyle to post like he is, maybe? (Possible meta with nothing to back it up, just throwing out a possible idea..) I know of another person that plays similar. There are reasons behind his pushing, ya know...
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Peers »

jmar wrote:Still waiting for my question to be answered, but thank you, PlaysWithSquirrels, for your continuing lack of adding anything valuable to this game.
Best I can find without rereading the whole thread is in post 357 he seems to take offense to your voting for me over the whole "theoretical power role" thing. So it looks like the bandwagon against you may be due to a playstyle difference more than anything else due to the lack of anyone actually doing anything yet.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”