Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Peers »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Aaand,
Unvote
, since Peers is no longer on top of my scumlist.
Mind if we ask who is?
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by originality »

Peers wrote:
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Aaand,
Unvote
, since Peers is no longer on top of my scumlist.
Mind if we ask who is?
I believe c'est moi.

Sorry for stealing your thunder.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Unright »

UltimaAvalon wrote:ATTENTION: Misquoting is NOT a Scumtell. I repeat. Messing up the quote tags IS NOT a scumtell
Flameaxe and UltimaAvalon: I know both of you are in some sort of Asshat meta-group together, but you guys have spent a lot of time defending each other's strange tactics. At what point in the game do you guys actually realize that you may not be on the same side?

And why is so much French being spoken? Is it some sort of scum code?

Seriously, what's the deal?
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by Mirth »

CES, you're right in my lack of voting (though the second time I put my vote on Playswith, it was for an non-random reason). I'm tentative by nature and don't feel comfortable voting just for the sake of voting. In fact, that reminds me:

unvote:Playswithsquirrels

as don't see any reason to keep it there any longer. Still don't agree with his reasoning, though.

Peers I fail to understand your reasoning for either vote.

Originality, why do you think that CES is most suspicious of you now?

Also, I would very much like to hear a bit more from Jmar and Bob, who haven't said much lately.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

We already realize that Unright.

Please don't make me give up any respect I may have for you because you think we take the fact that we are both in 'Team Asshat' into consideration for ANY game, excluding scumchat games because those don't really mean anything and most of the time are incredibly unbalanced. I'm pretty sure I've even stated this already in this game. It might be a different game because everyone seems to use it against us...Outside contact=scumtell, obvobv.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by jmar »

I'm a bit behind on my reading and busy with mid-terms and stuff, I should have a post summarizing my thoughts tomorrow, although I did post my top 3, that's where my thoughts still are right now since I haven't read the next couple of pages closely yet.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Unright: Team Asshat doesn't exist past the random stage.

Logic, however, always exists, and if theres fallacy involved, I will right it.

I do like how you imply you know whether or not we're on the same side or not.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:54 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

^Truth.
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:23 pm

Post by Blight »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Unright: Team Asshat doesn't exist past the random stage.

Logic, however, always exists, and if theres fallacy involved, I will right it.

I do like how you imply you know whether or not we're on the same side or not.
I don't remember him saying (or implying) that he
knows
whether you guys are on the same side or not. He said that you
might
not be on the same side. Nice twisting of the words, though. :wink:
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Was trying to test his reactions. Way to mess that up, though, Blight
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
killerbob
killerbob
Townie
killerbob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:42 pm

Post by killerbob »

I am working on a total summary since I haven't posted in a while. I will include my top 3 if I can derive 3 from this mess of a day.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:59 am

Post by Unright »

Flameaxe wrote:Please don't make me give up any respect I may have for you because you think we take the fact that we are both in 'Team Asshat' into consideration for ANY game, excluding scumchat games because those don't really mean anything and most of the time are incredibly unbalanced. I'm pretty sure I've even stated this already in this game. It might be a different game because everyone seems to use it against us...Outside contact=scumtell, obvobv.
I'm sorry, but I do have to take it into some consideration. I've never been in a game with anybody here, but you and UA are very familiar with each other and with each other's style of play. If you were to declare UA to be scummy, it would carry more weight behind it than if someone like me declared UA to be scummy. I hate to meta-game, but I can't unknow what I know.

Plus there's the stuff like this:
Flameaxe wrote:^Truth.
Did you declared UA's post to be truth because you
knew
he was testing me with some crappy logic? Or did you fail to pick up on what Blight picked up on? Since you know UA, I might ass-ume the former. If you didn't, I might ass-ume the latter.

I'm not really accusing you guys of anything. I'm just voicing my thoughts on the game of Mafia. Interactions between players is a big part of trying to deduce scum. And you guys stand out because your interactions with each other are really different from everyone else. It seems like it should at least be acknowledged before we can move on.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:55 am

Post by Mirth »

By that same token, Unright, if Avalon and Flameaxe were partners, you're saying that if one says the other is not guilty, you'd let it slide. Even if they are familiar with each other and each other's playstyle, it shouldn't make too much of a difference, in that a good player should always theoretically play the same way, or roughly the same. Otherwise it's pure metagaming. I mostly don't metagame anymore as metagaming could convince you of things that don't exist in a particular game setting.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:55 am

Post by Peers »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Was trying to test his reactions. Way to mess that up, though, Blight
Strange test. We all know you like to twist words around to try and make people look scummy. And by 'you', I mean 'both of you'.

Can we lynch two people in one day? Game'd be a lot more fun without them.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:13 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Actually, I don't know a thing about Flameaxe's playstyle. I only see him in Scumchat, and things like that dont exist there
Peers wrote:We all know you like to twist words around to try and make people look scummy. And by 'you', I mean 'both of you'
and by 'both of you' do you include yourself? Cus you've been doing it all game, pal.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Peers »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Actually, I don't know a thing about Flameaxe's playstyle. I only see him in Scumchat, and things like that dont exist there
Peers wrote:We all know you like to twist words around to try and make people look scummy. And by 'you', I mean 'both of you'
and by 'both of you' do you include yourself? Cus you've been doing it all game, pal.
Really? Where. Please give us an example of me twisting words around to try and make people look scummy.

I prefer to use un-twisted words to show scuminess. Twisting them only throws chaff into people's scumdar. But then, you know that.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Unright »

Mirth wrote:By that same token, Unright, if Avalon and Flameaxe were partners, you're saying that if one says the other is not guilty, you'd let it slide.
Oddly enough, no. If someone says that they are mafia, I'll believe them. If they say that they are town, then I won't. It's kinda the same principle.
Even if they are familiar with each other and each other's playstyle, it shouldn't make too much of a difference, in that a good player should always theoretically play the same way, or roughly the same. Otherwise it's pure metagaming. I mostly don't metagame anymore as metagaming could convince you of things that don't exist in a particular game setting.
You misunderstand me. I am not encouraging metagaming. I am trying to discourage them from practicing it. It's almost a common sense rule that a townie should not defend someone else without being positive of their alignment. Yet Flameaxe is defending UA's "wacky" behavior (and vice-versa) because of their metagame knowledge of each other's style. He should either let UA defend himself, or be prepared to be thought of as a suspect for the rest of the game.

But then again, maybe they just enjoy playing Mafia with a Day 1 handicapp of half the town thinking that they are scum, so what do I care?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Flameaxe »

No Unright, what you are doing is
assuming
that an outside connection between the two of us has some sort of effect on the game. That is absurd. I didn't know our ICs were teaching newbies that two people knowing each other outside of the game (AIM/Scumchat namely) is an obvious scumtell.

You keep saying I'm defending his 'wacky' behavior, but remember this: IT WAS A RANDOM VOTE WAGON AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS GAME.

Anyone who thinks that Team Asshat means anything in this game WHATSOEVER needs to go to their roof, and jump off so maybe the impact will spark one small ounce of common sense in your brain.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Unright »

Flameaxe wrote:Anyone who thinks that Team Asshat means anything in this game WHATSOEVER needs to go to their roof, and jump off so maybe the impact will spark one small ounce of common sense in your brain.
Gosh. You're right.
Flameaxe wrote:Team asshat has nothing to do with this game, don't make like it seem like it does.
My Asshat partner and I will determine when it will be necessary to make that change.
Flameaxe wrote:@dybeck: I bet you can't wait.
I can assure only greatness from TAsshat in this game.
Hope your insurance is good.

unvote
Vote: Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Team Asshat never makes it out of the random vote stage.

The fact that you are STILL pushing for a lynch based on personal connections bothers me ALOT.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Feel like pointing this out:

[quote="Unright"I'm not really accusing you guys of anything. I'm just voicing my thoughts on the game of Mafia. Interactions between players is a big part of trying to deduce scum. And you guys stand out because your interactions with each other are really different from everyone else. It seems like it should at least be acknowledged before we can move on.[/quote]
Unright wrote:Hope your insurance is good.

unvote
You sir, are an amazing person, and I wish I had your amazing logix.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Flameaxe wrote:Feel like pointing this out:
Unright wrote:I'm not really accusing you guys of anything. I'm just voicing my thoughts on the game of Mafia. Interactions between players is a big part of trying to deduce scum. And you guys stand out because your interactions with each other are really different from everyone else. It seems like it should at least be acknowledged before we can move on.
Unright wrote:Hope your insurance is good.

unvote
You sir, are an amazing person, and I wish I had your amazing logix.
Fixed tags.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Peers »

He's not voting for you based on membership in Team Asshat. He's voting for you based on that fact that you are, in fact, a total asshat.

And he's not the only one.

Either you're scum, or you're a poor town player who distracts the rest of us from finding scum. Either way, you need to go.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Peers, your vote/post reeks of opportunistic scum. Not to mention you are also putting words into Unright's mouth, and I don't like that at all. I don't see Unright saying anywhere that he is voting me for being a 'total asshat', only my connections with my fellow asshat, UA. Third, you seem to have NO problem with lynching a 'poor
town
player' because I am apparently distracting you. While I'm at it, point out this distraction if you could.

Please then, explain to me this: How does me being a 'total asshat' = scum?

I personally don't see myself being a total asshat here, I see myself trying to show him that using your head would help. He's trying to make it seem as if my outside connections make me change my play here, which makes very little sense at all. He's attacking me for defending UA's jokewagon at the beginning of the game, a wagon in which I understood because I've played with UA before and have a decent meta on him.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Mirth »

Peers, give me a good reason why not to vote you right now, please. Because I'm not sure how much longer the already sizable wagon on you will continue to deter me.

This is the third time you've wagon jumped. For very poor reasons. Yes, Flameaxe is obnoxious. Being obnoxious is not a scumtell.

Unright: Your logic is still flawed. If one were to call the other scummy, could be scum casting suspicion on a townie.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”