Post by Hoopla »

Mini 956: The Quayside

Mod:
Hoopla
Reviewers:
mykonian, ortolan, Thesp
Back-up Mod:
mykonian

A lighthouse sits atop a coastal hill, sharing her friendly beams with the Quayside. Sadly, like so many other quaint smalltown creations, it was merely a relic of the past. For these days the Quayside has been hotly pursued by corporate fat cats, drooling over such prime, untarnished coastline. And so the story goes - a once thriving fishing village, torn apart by the lure, the mantra of big business propaganda.

One man fighting this takeover was the enigmatic mayor of the Quayside, Ythill. After winning the local election some ten years ago, Ythill had grown as a leader, never relinquishing his position. He had a warm, personal way of connecting with the locals, combined with canny prioritizing - he juggled the town's minimal resources as deftly as he juggled his women. But like all juggling acts, there is a chance it can all come crashing down...

Survived (3/12):

Ectomancer,
Mafia Goon

Incognito,
Mafia Roleblocker

McGriddle,
Mafia Roleblocker

Dead (9/12):

D1 lynch>
NabakovNabakov,
Town Role-Cop

N1 kill>
Patrick,
Vanilla Townie

D2 lynch>
SerialClergyman,
Vanilla Townie

N2 kill>
popsofctown,
Town Weak Doctor

D3 lynch>
RedCoyote,
Vanilla Townie

Endgamed>
Goatrevolt,
Vanilla Townie

Endgamed>
Elmo,
Vanilla Townie

Endgamed>
Jahudo,
Town Mason

Endgamed>
iamausername,
Town Mason
Last edited by Hoopla on Mon May 17, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Hoopla »

The Rules - Please read them!

>
Fundamental

1)
The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
2)
Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3)
Do not quote/screenshot any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. You may paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role title, abilities and results) but direct quoting and talk about role PM flavour is not allowed.
4)
Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring any personal grudges in. Lets have fun, okay!

>
Voting, Lynching & Death

5)
For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: Hoopla
. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded.
6)
Unvotes aren't necessary, but will be appreciated.
7)
A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
8)
The town may opt to 'no lynch' in lieu of lynching a player on any day.
Vote: No Lynch
is the format for this. No lynching requires only 50% of the town's votes to go through, as opposed to a majority.
9)
Once you're dead, you are dead. Do not post in the thread until the game is over, not even a 'bah' post, for real.

>
Activity & Deadlines

10)
Prods will be issued after 48 hours in a row without posting (weekends count as one day) or under request from players. Multiple prods will probably lead to your replacement.
11)
Things come up in life. If you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a signifigant amount of time I will replace you.
12)
This game is using bankable deadlines. This means that any unused time from a Day Phase carries over to the next day.
13)
Day 1 deadline is set for 14 days, while every Day Phase thereafter is set for 10 days (before adding any banked time).
14)
In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will be no lynch.
15)
Nights will have a 72 hour deadline. If you fail to send in a nightaction, you will automatically default to 'no action' for that night, and you will do nothing.
16)
In the event of replacements or any other disturbances, I will grant a deadline extension. Laziness isn't an excuse though.

>
Miscellaneous

17)
Please do not use small/invisible text, stenography or advanced forms of coding/cryptography. Breadcrumbing is an acceptable form of basic coding. Please contact me via PM if you're unsure about where the line is.
18)
Blue
is my colour I will use for modly purposes. All other colours are fair game.
19)
Any flavour text I write will have no indication of any player's alignment. Feel free to waste your time guessing if you want though.
20)
Do not try to exploit any loopholes there may be in this rule-set. I reserve the right to add, remove or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know.

This game is using a closed set-up. Here are a few examples of role PM's that may or may not be in the game;

Vanilla Townie

You are a loyal citizen of Quayside, eager to topple the reign of the mafia. Your only power is your vote and your wit, which during the day you will use to hopefully catch the mafia.

Additional Abilities:
N/A
Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

The game thread is <here>. Please confirm via PM by quoting your role title.

Mafia Roleblocker

Over the last few years, you and your partner(s) have been let down by the Quayside's grotesque idealism. With town numbers dwindling, and the stigma attached to murder slowly desensitizing, it is the perfect opportunity to take this town by storm, and reap the financial rewards you so thoroughly deserve by selling out the Quayside.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, and during confirmations, you and your partner(s) may talk together at this <quicktopic>.
Each night, your team may attempt to kill any player in the game by one of you submitting a name to me via PM. In the event I receive more than one name, the last one I receive will count.
Each night, you may use your personal roleblock ability. You may not block and submit the group kill in the same night. If the player you block has a blockable action, they will not be notified, unless it is an investigation role, which will receive 'no result'.
Win Condition:
You win when your mafia faction makes up 50% of the town, and nothing can prevent you from winning.

Town Tracker

After a fruitful career in private investigation, your skills have finally found a just cause. No longer will you be a dirty perv, stalking for petty, distrusting spouses - you can actually make a difference, and help save the Quayside.

Additional Abilities:
Each night you may investigate one player, and find out who they targetted (if anyone) for that night. You will not find out what their specific action was.
Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

A letter was slid under Ythill's door late one night. He didn't discover it until the next morning, and was perplexed by this gesture. Even in this remote village, technology wasn't a mystery, with many locals using email as their prefered method of communication. He came to the conclusion that it must be a romantic letter from a lover, sealed and sent to stimulate a sense of nostalgic curiousity. Opening the letter over warm oatmeal, Ythill's innocent assumptions disintergrated after reading the first line;

This is a death threat. Leave town by tomorrow, or your head will be divorced from your body.
The spoon dropped from Ythill's mouth, he couldn't stand divorce. He read on;

Your anti-development policies are harming the Quayside, and no longer will you stand in the way. In case you haven't put the pieces of the puzzle together yet, we are an underground movement powerful enough to take this town with violent bloodshed. However, we're prepared to be peaceful, for now, if you follow these precise instructions;

1) Retire and sign the town deed over to the Quayside Mafia
2) Flee the Quayside and never return
3) Do not tell a soul what you have done and where you have gone
Ythill's gut wrenched. It was scary, like when you finished the 7th world in Super Mario Bros. 3 expecting a letter from the princess, but getting a horrifying, seizure-inducing piece of hate-mail from Bowser instead. Yet, deep down, he had a small inkling a mafia presence had developed recently - people seemed to be staying inside at night, they'd look over their shoulder when gossiping, and fake moustache sales were up 30%. And perhaps he was naive, and should have expected personal greed to surface when big companies were offering big money for this land. But it was too late now.

Hastily scoffing the remnants of his oatmeal, Ythill's first instincts were to start packing and get away immediately. His head was swirling, thoughts clouded by fear and confusion - hands filled with socks. He clumsily stuffed a floral print suitcase with a collection of clothes, valuables and other Quayside memorabilia he was particular fond of. He cursed as a framed picture of the Quayside predating his time, cracked under the mound of clothes he was shoveling in. He then sighed, suddenly thinking of all the people; his friends, his lovers, his family - all living under this heinous mafia regime, and was overcome by a great sense of guilt and failure. He had to call a town meeting.

The afternoon rolled around quickly, which did nothing but fuel Ythill's anxiety. He had a heightened sense of paranoia - something he'd not felt before, at least not to this degree, and sober. Every unusual sound was met with a snap of the neck, eager to catch out it's creator, who would presumably pocket a handgun right at the last moment, confirming Ythill's suspicions, and rewarding his obsessive vigilance. But it didn't happen - at least not yet. The internal debate between conscience and survival-based sensibilities waged on, and was eventually decided, painfully. He would make a final, but fleeting appearance at town hall and vanish forever. It tore him up inside, and he pitied his cowardice, but he could not bring himself to take such a risk with his own life.

The crowd slowly trickled in around four, staying true to their positive response to
'Ythill's cool town meeting, be there or be square!'
facebook event he'd sent to everyone in his network. Even some of the 'maybe's' showed up. Ythill arrived shortly after, having spent his last afternoon rushing his final address to the patriotic town. He had a series of messy palm cards, outlining some of his fondest memories, and what he loved about the Quayside. But he also knew he couldn't get too emotional - it was going to be difficult. When the time came, he nervously shuffled on stage, scanning the crowd, still expecting a rogue individual to be lurking in the corner with a rifle lining up his head. But instead he saw the adoring town, homemade banners and excited faces. He couldn't do it, he couldn't sell these people out.

'Loyal Quaysiders', Ythill began, putting his palm cards back into his pockets.

'This morning I was sent a death threat by the Quayside Mafia', the crowd gasped.

'And for the last few hours I've been planning my retirement speech, sifting through combinations of words, figuring out how to say goodbye. But no matter what I came up with, it felt hollow. I know now it felt hollow because I was planning to flee, and leave you all behind. And I can't do it',

'Ladies and gentleman, these bastards, these
traitors,
are going to kill us if they don't get their way, and there aren't any guarentees even if we do comply. But I say we FIGHT! I say we find out who these animals are, and we bring them to justice!'

The crowd errupted into violent cheers of agreement, pumping their fists in unison, chanting obscenities I don't dare type.

Giddy with adrenaline, Ythill confidently strode home, at peace with the prospect of becoming a martyr. While his beliefs were reinforced through crowd passion, his face was about to be reinforced in a loud fashion (with bullets, you know).

BAM BAM BAM

Ythill's bin thudded, as he dragged it down the porch frontsteps, and out to the roadside. His life may have been in jeopardy, but this still wouldn't stand in the way of performing important household chores.

BANG

The lid resounded in the cold, clear night, as Ythill closed the bin for the morning's garbage collection.

Walking back inside, he couldn't help but feel slightly offput by his surroundings. Something was wrong. A cool draft was filtering through the hallway - it was then he noticed the glass in his back door had been broken. Shocked back into reality, Ythill's senses numbed, stumbling through the house to find an escape. But it was too late.

Ythill, Town Mayor (NPC) has been killed.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

The town awoke to the grim news of Ythill's death, face down bleeding into the carpet, the back of his head missing. The details were just gruesome. All of a sudden, the passion and raw energy behind the prospect of winning the town back had collapsed - it felt like a hopeless cause. People fled in their droves, abandoning their houses, businesses and small farm properties, leaving the town eerily quiet.

Only twelve people showed up to the town hall that day - a meagre twelve people. It was pathetic really, but still in a small way inspiring knowing there were some who still cared, prepared to die for their town. Here is what they had to say;

Everybody has confirmed, so Day 1 begins now. Due to speedy confirmations, any roles/factions with the ability to talk out of thread have an additional 24 hours to talk.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #1

With twelve alive, it takes seven votes to lynch. Deadline is schedueled for 7:00AM GMT, April 26th <Countdown>.

Not voting
-
(RedCoyote, SerialClergyman, Incognito, Goatrevolt, NabakovNabakov, Jahudo, popsofctown, iamausername, Elmo, Patrick, Ectomancer, McGriddle)

Just a reminder of how the deadlines will function this game;

12)
This game is using bankable deadlines. This means that any unused time from a Day Phase carries over to the next day.
13)
Day 1 deadline is set for 14 days, while every Day Phase thereafter is set for 10 days (before adding any banked time).
14)
In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will be no lynch.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #2

With twelve alive, it takes
votes to lynch. Deadline is schedueled for 7:00AM GMT, April 26th <Countdown>.

Goatrevolt
-
(Patrick, popsofctown, Elmo)
SerialClergyman
-
(Ectomancer, Jahudo, McGriddle)
popsofctown
-
(Goatrevolt)
iamausername
-
(SerialClergyman)
Elmo
-
(Incognito)
RedCoyote
-
(iamausername)
Ectomancer
-
(NabakovNabakov)
Not voting
-
(RedCoyote)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #3

Goatrevolt
-
SerialClergyman
-
(Jahudo, McGriddle, Goatrevolt)
popsofctown
-
(Ectomancer)
iamausername
-
(SerialClergyman)
Elmo
-
(Incognito)
RedCoyote
-
(iamausername)
Ectomancer
-
(NabakovNabakov)
Not voting
-
(RedCoyote)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #78 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #4

Goatrevolt
-
SerialClergyman
-
RedCoyote
-
(iamausername, SerialClergyman)
popsofctown
-
(Ectomancer)
Elmo
-
(Incognito)
Ectomancer
-
(NabakovNabakov)
Not voting
-
(RedCoyote)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #110 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #5

SerialClergyman
-
RedCoyote
-
(iamausername, SerialClergyman, Ectomancer)
Goatrevolt
-
(Patrick, popsofctown)
Ectomancer
-
(NabakovNabakov, Elmo)
Elmo
-
(Incognito)
Not voting
-
(RedCoyote)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #125 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:04 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #6

RedCoyote
-
(iamausername, SerialClergyman, Ectomancer)
Goatrevolt
-
(Patrick, popsofctown)
Ectomancer
-
(NabakovNabakov, Elmo)
Elmo
-
(Incognito, RedCoyote)
popsofctown
-
(Goatrevolt, McGriddle)
SerialClergyman
-
(Jahudo)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #160 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #7

popsofctown
-
(McGriddle, Incognito, Jahudo)
NabakovNabakov
-
(Elmo, Goatrevolt, SerialClergyman)
RedCoyote
-
(iamausername, Ectomancer)
Goatrevolt
-
(Patrick, popsofctown)
Elmo
-
(RedCoyote)
McGriddle
-
(NabakovNabakov)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #175 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #8

NabakovNabakov
-
(Elmo, Goatrevolt, SerialClergyman, iamausername)
popsofctown
-
(Incognito, Jahudo)
Goatrevolt
-
(Patrick, popsofctown)
RedCoyote
-
(Ectomancer)
Elmo
-
(RedCoyote)
McGriddle
-
(NabakovNabakov)
Not Voting
-
(McGriddle)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #214 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #9

NabakovNabakov
-
(Elmo, Goatrevolt, SerialClergyman, iamausername, McGriddle)
popsofctown
-
(Incognito, Jahudo)
Goatrevolt
-
(Patrick, popsofctown)
McGriddle
-
(NabakovNabakov, RedCoyote)
Not Voting
-
(Ectomancer)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #232 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #10

NabakovNabakov
-
popsofctown
-
(Incognito, Jahudo)
McGriddle
-
Goatrevolt
-
(Patrick)
SerialClergyman
-
(popsofctown)
Not Voting
-
(Ectomancer)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #251 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #11

NabakovNabakov
-
popsofctown
-
(Incognito, Jahudo)
McGriddle
-
Goatrevolt
-
(Patrick)
SerialClergyman
-
(popsofctown)
Not Voting
-
(Ectomancer)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #291 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #12

NabakovNabakov
-
Jahudo
-
(Incognito, popsofctown)
McGriddle
-
popsofctown
-
(Jahudo)
Elmo
-
(Ectomancer)
Not Voting
-
(Patrick)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #312 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #13

NabakovNabakov
-
Jahudo
-
(Incognito, popsofctown)
McGriddle
-
Elmo
-
(Ectomancer)
SerialClergyman
-
(Jahudo)
Not Voting
-
(Patrick)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #326 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #14

NabakovNabakov
-
(Elmo, Goatrevolt, SerialClergyman, iamausername, McGriddle, Incognito)
McGriddle
-
Jahudo
-
(popsofctown)
Elmo
-
(Ectomancer)
SerialClergyman
-
(Jahudo)
Not Voting
-
(Patrick)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #351 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:49 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #15

NabakovNabakov
-
(Elmo, Goatrevolt, SerialClergyman, iamausername, McGriddle, Incognito)
Elmo
-
(Ectomancer, RedCoyote)
McGriddle
-
(NabakovNabakov)
Jahudo
-
(popsofctown)
SerialClergyman
-
(Jahudo)
Not Voting
-
(Patrick)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #387 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Hoopla »

RedCoyote wrote:No, pops, please don't. It was unintentionally duplicated. I'd ask the
Mod
if she could delete half of it. What I did was copy and paste it from a notepad file twice on accident because I got some strange DB error when I was trying to submit it.
popsofctown wrote:There was lots of strange computer failure that produced that.. Don't even remember attempting to quote that text.

It would be nice if Hoopla deleted all those dupes.
These duplicates have been amended.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #388 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Final Vote Count

NabakovNabakov
-
(Elmo, Goatrevolt, SerialClergyman, iamausername, McGriddle, Incognito, Patrick)
Elmo
-
(Ectomancer, RedCoyote)
McGriddle
-
(NabakovNabakov)
Jahudo
-
(popsofctown)
popsofctown
-
(Jahudo)

Day 1 ends with 60 hours banked, which will be added to tomorrow's deadline.

NabakovNabakov was lynched Day 1. He was a
Town Role-Cop.

The deadline for Night 1 will be strict 72 hours from this post <Countdown>. Please submit all actions by then.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #389 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Hoopla »

Patrick was killed Night 1. He was a
Vanilla Townie.

Day 2 will begin now, with the deadline set for the 9th of May <Countdown>. With ten players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #390 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 1

With ten alive, it takes
votes to lynch. Deadline is schedueled for 10:00AM GMT, May 9th <Countdown>.

Not Voting
-
(RedCoyote, SerialClergyman, Incognito, Goatrevolt, Jahudo, popsofctown, iamausername, Elmo, Ectomancer, McGriddle)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #408 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 2

With ten alive, it takes

Jahudo
-
(Elmo, Incognito, popsofctown)
popsofctown
-
(Jahudo, Goatrevolt, iamausername)
Goatrevolt
-
(RedCoyote)
Not Voting
-
(SerialClergyman, Ectomancer, McGriddle)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #426 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 3

With ten alive, it takes

popsofctown
-
(Jahudo, iamausername, SerialClergyman, Ectomancer)
Jahudo
-
(Elmo, Incognito)
Goatrevolt
-
(RedCoyote)
RedCoyote
-
(popsofctown)
Not Voting
-
(McGriddle, Goatrevolt)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #452 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 4

With ten alive, it takes

popsofctown
-
(Jahudo, iamausername, SerialClergyman, Ectomancer)
Jahudo
-
(Elmo, Incognito)
Goatrevolt
-
(RedCoyote)
Ectomancer
-
(popsofctown)
Not Voting
-
(McGriddle, Goatrevolt)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #474 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Hoopla »

~Bump~
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #475 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 5

With ten alive, it takes

popsofctown
-
(Jahudo, iamausername, SerialClergyman, Ectomancer, McGriddle)
Jahudo
-
(Incognito)
Ectomancer
-
(popsofctown)
SerialClergyman
-
(Elmo)
Not Voting
-
(Goatrevolt, RedCoyote)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #500 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 6

With ten alive, it takes

popsofctown
-
iamausername
-
(Incognito, Elmo)
Ectomancer
-
(popsofctown)
Not Voting
-
(Goatrevolt, RedCoyote)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #532 (isolation #29) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 7

With ten alive, it takes

popsofctown
-
Jahudo
-
Not Voting
-
(Goatrevolt, RedCoyote)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #549 (isolation #30) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Hoopla »

~Bump~
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #550 (isolation #31) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 8

With ten alive, it takes

popsofctown
-
Jahudo
-
Not Voting
-
(Goatrevolt, RedCoyote)
Last edited by Hoopla on Tue May 04, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #578 (isolation #32) » Tue May 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 9

With ten alive, it takes

popsofctown
-
Jahudo
-
Not Voting
-
(Goatrevolt, RedCoyote)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #600 (isolation #33) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 10

With ten alive, it takes

popsofctown
-
Jahudo
-
Not Voting
-
(Goatrevolt, RedCoyote)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #627 (isolation #34) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 11

With ten alive, it takes

McGriddle
-
(iamausername, popsofctown, SerialClergyman, RedCoyote)
popsofctown
-
(McGriddle)
Jahudo
-
(Elmo)
RedCoyote
-
(Goatrevolt)
Not Voting
-
(Jahudo, Ectomancer, Incognito)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #669 (isolation #35) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 12

With ten alive, it takes

McGriddle
-
popsofctown
-
(McGriddle)
RedCoyote
-
(Goatrevolt)
Not Voting
-
(Jahudo, Ectomancer, Incognito, Elmo)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #672 (isolation #36) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:48 pm

Post by Hoopla »

A friendly warning; the Day 2 deadline is in 48 hours. In the event there isn't a majority by then, there will be no lynch.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #676 (isolation #37) » Thu May 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 13

With ten alive, it takes

McGriddle
-
popsofctown
-
(McGriddle)
RedCoyote
-
(Goatrevolt)
Not Voting
-
(Jahudo, Ectomancer, Incognito, Elmo)
Last edited by Hoopla on Fri May 07, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #734 (isolation #38) » Fri May 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 14

With ten alive, it takes

McGriddle
-
(iamausername, popsofctown, SerialClergyman)
RedCoyote
-
(Goatrevolt, Jahudo, McGriddle)
Elmo
-
(RedCoyote)
SerialClergyman
-
(Incognito)
Not Voting
-
(Ectomancer, Elmo)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #753 (isolation #39) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 15

With ten alive, it takes

RedCoyote
-
(Goatrevolt, Jahudo, McGriddle, SerialClergyman)
McGriddle
-
(iamausername, popsofctown)
SerialClergyman
-
(Incognito, RedCoyote)
Not Voting
-
(Ectomancer, Elmo)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #806 (isolation #40) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Hoopla »

Appologies for the delay between hammer and death scene.

Day 2, Final Vote Count

With ten alive, it takes

SerialClergyman
-
(Incognito, RedCoyote, Goatrevolt, McGriddle, Jahudo, Ectomancer)
popsofctown
-
(iamausername, SerialClergyman)
iamausername
-
(popsofctown)
Not Voting
-
(Elmo)

Day 2 ends with 18 hours banked, which will be added to tomorrow's deadline.

SerialClergyman was lynched Day 2. He was a
Vanilla Townie.

The deadline for Night 2 will be 72 hours from this post <Countdown>. Please submit all actions by then.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #807 (isolation #41) » Tue May 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

popsofctown was killed Night 2. He was a
Town Weak Doctor.

Day 3 will begin now, with the deadline set for the 22nd of May <Countdown>. With eight players alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #808 (isolation #42) » Tue May 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 3, Vote Count 1

With eight alive, it takes
votes to lynch. Deadline is schedueled for 6:30PM GMT, May 22nd <Countdown>.

Not Voting
-
(RedCoyote, Incognito, Goatrevolt, Jahudo, iamausername, Elmo, Ectomancer, McGriddle)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #842 (isolation #43) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 3, Vote Count 2

Not Voting
-
(RedCoyote, Incognito, Goatrevolt, Jahudo, iamausername, Elmo, Ectomancer, McGriddle)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #858 (isolation #44) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 3, Vote Count 3

Not Voting
-
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #878 (isolation #45) » Sat May 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 3, Vote Count 4

Not Voting
-
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #917 (isolation #46) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 3, Final Vote Count

RedCoyote
-
(Jahudo, Goatrevolt, Elmo, McGriddle, Incognito)
Jahudo
-
(RedCoyote)
Not Voting
-
(iamausername, Ectomancer)

RedCoyote was lynched Day 3. He was a
Vanilla Townie.

And with that, I am going to fast-forward the game and declare the scumteam of
Ectomancer, Incognito, McGriddle
the winners as there is nothing that can prevent them from doing so.

Goatrevolt,
Vanilla Townie
has been endgamed.

Elmo,
Vanilla Townie
has been endgamed.

Jahudo,
Town Mason
has been endgamed.

iamausername,
Town Mason
has been endgamed.

Ectomancer,
Mafia Goon
has survived and won.

Incognito,
Mafia Roleblocker
has survived and won.

McGriddle,
Mafia Roleblocker
has survived and won.
Last edited by Hoopla on Mon May 17, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #924 (isolation #47) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

The Set-Up, Night Actions and Role PM's

Town

2x Masons
1x Role-Cop
1x Weak Doctor
5x Vanilla Townies

Mafia

2x Roleblocker
1x Goon

-~-~-~-~-

Night 1

popsofctown protects Goatrevolt
Incognito blocks iamausername
McGriddle blocks Goatrevolt
Ectomancer kills Patrick

Night 2

popsofctown protects Ectomancer
Incognito blocks Elmo
McGriddle blocks Goatrevolt
Ectomancer kills popsofctown

-~-~-~-~-~-

Role PM's

5x
(Goatrevolt, Elmo, SerialClergyman, RedCoyote, Patrick)

Vanilla Townie

You are a loyal citizen of Quayside, eager to topple the reign of the mafia. Your only power is your vote and your wit, which during the day you will use to hopefully catch the mafia.

Additional Abilities:
N/A
Win Condition:

2x
(iamausername, Jahudo)

Town Mason

Best friends throughout your life, and the sole remainders of the once elite and well established Quayside Masonry, you and your partner Jahudo decided stubbornly to stay and fight for the town. Confirmed innocent to each other, you also have a vote each you can utilize during the day. You both enjoy table tennis.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, and during confirmations, you and your partner may talk together at this <quicktopic>
Win Condition:

1x
(popsofctown)

Town Weak Doctor

Aging, enfeebled, you know you're on your last legs, and are utterly devestated by the recent events. You always thought you'd die happy, living your last days in peace with the people dearest to you. You've seen the town come a long way - you were once the town's only registered physician, and opened the town's first surgery, giving hope and stability to many people. Spurred by anger and perhaps taking the wrong medication, you bravely decide to come out of retirement, vowing to save lives once again, whatever the risk. You also have a cat named Toby.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, you may PM me the name of one player you wish to protect. If the player you protect is town aligned, you will prevent one kill on that player. If the player you protect is anti-town aligned, you will die.
Win Condition:

1x
(NabakovNabakov)

Town Role-Cop

Your first years as a junior officer yielded tough times for you; from rough shower initiations, to 'accidental' taser related injuries. Yes, the academy was easy, but unfortunately the officers you worked with over the years were slightly less cherishing. As such, your learning process was slightly stunted. There was a time where you were destined to be slightly more; a hard-hitting detective working on the inside, but alas it wasn't to be. Not all is lost though, as you still hold some value for the town. Working with your technologically outdated equipment you're not capable of finding guilty scumbags, but you can still determine their role in the town.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to investigate. If successful, you will find out their role.
Note:
Role is not indicative of alignment, for example;
Mafia Watcher = Watcher
Town Busdriver = Busdriver
Vanilla Town = Vanilla
Mafia Goon (Vanilla Mafia) = Vanilla
Win Condition:

~~~~~~

2x
(McGriddle, Incognito)

Mafia Roleblocker

Over the last few years, you and your partners Incognito (Roleblocker) and Ectomancer (Goon) have been let down by the Quayside's grotesque idealism. With town numbers dwindling, and the stigma attached to murder slowly desensitizing, it is the perfect opportunity to take this town by storm, and reap the financial rewards you so thoroughly deserve by selling out the Quayside.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, and during confirmations, you and your partners may talk together at this <quicktopic>.
Each night, your team may attempt to kill any player in the game by one of you submitting a name to me via PM. In the event I receive more than one name, the last one I receive will count.
Each night, you may use your personal roleblock ability. You may not block and submit the group kill in the same night. If the player you block has a blockable action, they will not be notified, unless it is an investigation role, which will receive 'no result'.
Win Condition:
You win when your mafia faction makes up 50% of the town, and nothing can prevent you from winning.

1x
(Ectomancer)

Mafia Goon

Over the last few years, you and your partners McGriddle (Roleblocker) and Incognito (Roleblocker) have been let down by the Quayside's grotesque idealism. With town numbers dwindling, and the stigma attached to murder slowly desensitizing, it is the perfect opportunity to take this town by storm, and reap the financial rewards you so thoroughly deserve by selling out the Quayside.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, and during confirmations, you and your partners may talk together at this <quicktopic>.
Each night, your partners may use their personal roleblock ability. They may not block and submit the group kill in the same night. If the player(s) they block have a blockable action, they will not be notified, unless it is an investigation role, which will receive 'no result'.
Win Condition:

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #926 (isolation #48) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #946 (isolation #49) » Mon May 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Goatrevolt wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:Probably the biggest mistake town made (I think) is after the claims we lynched two vanilla when it was clear we had way too much power. Worse than that, two groups of two of the power were CONNECTED, so if we'd hit one scum, we'd get the other one.
Very true. We might have come to this conclusion had we more time. The deadline rush thing sucked a lot, though. :(.
Speaking of which - what did you guys think about the bankable deadlines? They were implemented to do away with the needless fluffing about at the end of days when a lynch has been decided, so time management would be more of a factor. I think massclaim on Day 2 with little time banked from Day 1 hurt a lot, because there was so much information to sift through. That might just be a case of the deadlines being too short, rather than bankability being an issue, though.

14 days for Day 1, 10 days thereafter seemed like a sound ratio to minimise stalling without taking away too much time for the town to work with.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”