McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:39 am

Post by McGriddle »

Actually Coyote, you did it 4 times, not 2. And who knows if he did it tongue and cheek, I still consider it a slip up.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

RedCoyote wrote:374
Well it's kind of obvious that the way Goatrevolt commented on Elmo's alignment was totally out of line, and scummy too (If Nab flips scum, it's clearly the certainty tip. Even if he flips town, I think it still could be a certainty slip, because a townie would say Elmo is probtown and be unsure about his Nabkov read in the first place, it's more conceivable for scum to totally reverse the statement on Elmo's alignment rather than move it to the correct level of certainty. Gosh, I cannot be succinct today)

I don't think anyone in the town liked that, afaik, so I don't see how Goatrevolat is "popular" in that respect.

BTW guys, I almost wrote popsofctown on my World Religion exam for my name. I actually wrote the p. loooooool.

This post has been edited, and subsequent duplication posts have been deleted - Hoopla.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Jahudo »

I know that's a triple-post there, pops, but each of the three posts has like quadruple duplications inside them. I'm having a hard time seeing what is yours, and what is quotes. What is the gist of your post?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

There was lots of strange computer failure that produced that.. Don't even remember attempting to quote that text.

It would be nice if Hoopla deleted all those dupes. The only unique part is the small snippet at the end.
This is what Pops's post should have been wrote:
Redcoyote wrote:374
Well it's kind of obvious that the way Goatrevolt commented on Elmo's alignment was totally out of line, and scummy too (If Nab flips scum, it's clearly the certainty tip. Even if he flips town, I think it still could be a certainty slip, because a townie would say Elmo is probtown and be unsure about his Nabkov read in the first place, it's more conceivable for scum to totally reverse the statement on Elmo's alignment rather than move it to the correct level of certainty. Gosh, I cannot be succinct today)

I don't think anyone in the town liked that, afaik, so I don't see how Goatrevolat is "popular" in that respect.

BTW guys, I almost wrote popsofctown on my World Religion exam for my name. I actually wrote the p. loooooool.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I don't think he actually replied in them. Of course, I didn't do more than scan and see that it looks like he is simply trying to be a jerkl.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

jerkl?

I had issues with the site and the computer. It gave me a weird message that I thought meant I hadn't submitted anything, apparently I had actually accidentally pasted some of the thread into my post and submitted it several times.
"Well, I..."
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

RedCoyote wrote:I don't agree with you, and I further contend that you're trying to marginalize me in an attempt to keep this majority of yours intact. The mindset you're coming from is what speaks to me. Nobody agrees with my interpretation of you because I am biased against you. I'm biased against you because nobody agrees with my interpretation of you. Elmo is your strongest townread because NabNab is scum. NabNab is scum because Elmo is your biggest townread. There's a strong chance Jahudo is scum, so NabNab is scum. NabNab is scum, so there's a strong chance Jahudo is scum.
WRONG. When are you going to stop misrepresenting me?

I have explained, over and over and over again that my read on Elmo is based on my read of Nabakov. What you're doing is INCORRECTLY saying that my read of Nabakov is based on my read of ELMO when I've explicitly said infinite times that IT'S NOT. What the **** do you not get about this? It's not difficult. I find someone who I think is scum, Nabakov, and I base my reads on the rest of the game PARTIALLY on my read of Nabakov. This is not a difficult concept. If you continue to come at me with your wrong and ignorant version of my playstyle then I'm going to seriously consider policy lynching you for being a liability.

What's that? Yes, that's right? Two can play at that game, dude. If my playstyle is such a liability to town, then I can certainly say your reading comprehension is a liability, because you are completely unable to read anything I've wrote in a way that isn't twisted.

CAN WE PLEASE LYNCH NABAKOV? It's clear he's going to be lynched, and he has no interest in doing anything pro-town at all before the end of the day. The way this wagon is struggling to finish, and the lack of care Nabakov has shown this entire game to helping the town makes me convinced we're going to hit scum.

Pops is also scum. I've already elaborated on the Pops/Nabakov interaction earlier in the day, and basically he's been pinging my gut over and over with things he's said. I know that doesn't mean jack to anyone else, but it's there.
This is one of the scummiest things I've read today.

1. It's out of line for me to say I read Elmo as town? Hilarious. Of course it's not out of line.

2. If Nabakov is scum, then I'm scum because I was "certain" about it. If Nabakov is town then I'm still scum because I was "certain" about something that was wrong. Yeah...not buying that.

3. Correct level of certainty? HAH. I didn't realize there were levels of certainty we were allowed to have. Excuse me for having exceeded the acceptable boundaries. Won't happen again, man! You can count on me!

I love how pops jumps on me for my stance on Elmo after others have expressed disagreement with it, and he takes it a step further by attributing ridiculous tells to it that don't exist.

It's quite reminiscent of how Jahudo decided to attack me earlier! --Cue RC coming in and saying how me defending myself here is me trying to appeal to my popularity and discrediting pops.-- Bring it on Red. I've gotten over my rage at your last post and I'm ready to dance.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Patrick »

Lots to catch up on. I'll try not to post a huge wall myself.
SerialClergyman wrote:I struggle to think of any scumhunting you've done, Patrick. You can argue about the relative merits of having a vote down or not, but i've personally prodded you for content throughout the day and I haven't seen you apply pressure or even ask many incisive questions. Ecto is similar. I understand you guys view this as a playstyle issue, but I'm not picking up what you're putting down. (I also view not joining a wagon you support because it puts them on L-1 to be a pretty weak reason, unless you are REALLY worried about a quicklynch.)
I've been scumhunting all game. Dunno what you mean by incisive questions, I've asked plenty, pretty much all for a reason, and some of them gave me useful replies. We seem to have very different views on what scumhunting is. I didn't put Nabakov at lynch-1 before because that tends to lead to a claim, which sometimes leads to a quick end of the day, or at least many people switching their brains off for the rest of the day. For example, vanilla claims usually draw a crowd of "must lynch claimed vanilla!!11", other claims may get policy lynched, etc. I saw zero advantage to having him at lynch-1 at that point. In hindsight, I could say one advantage would have been avoiding this kind of bluster, but I still think it was the right choice.
Ectomancer wrote:
Incognito wrote:As for Elmo, I get the feeling that he's used his numbers for informational purposes too. I don't think it had to be dragged out of him at all; I get the feeling that he didn't fully understand the purpose of it when he initially posted it but then he began to think of the potential for it later on down the line.
This is also bullshit. "Oh, I don't think he knew what he was doing, but he quickly came up with an excuse for doing it!"
Well blow me down! There is no way it could be busy work if he came with a reasonable reason for it after the fact!
Actually, that was pretty much how I saw it as well. What exactly is your theory for what happened here? Elmo as scum decided to post a postcount chart to somehow appear active and involved, but failed to forsee that he might be questioned about conclusions, therefore was forced to invent conclusions after the fact to present to the town? I don't get what you're arguing at all.

Anyway, Nabakov's claim. I'm leery of lynching claimed poweroles but I'm leery of the claim too. I also don't like how little he's posted since claiming, after saying he'd fight the wagon like hell. I don't see him scumhunting, and I think a town powerole would be at this point.

RedCoyote... I'm struggling to agree with anything he says, but he's seemed more genuine to me as the day has gone on. He sounds like believes what he's saying. I feel much worse about the way Ectomancer has pushed Elmo.

I'm having extraordinary difficulty figuring Incognito out. No idea why.

If Nabakov does flip scum then I'm not entirely sure if Jahudo is a buddy, though I still find him to be a shady figure in this game. If they are then Jahudo seems incredibly blatant at this point, trying to start a wagon on pops like that. I won't speculate anymore about pairings until we see whether Nabakov is scum or not. I'm happy to move forward with a Nabakov lynch, so
Vote: NabakovNabakov
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Patrick wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
Incognito wrote:As for Elmo, I get the feeling that he's used his numbers for informational purposes too. I don't think it had to be dragged out of him at all; I get the feeling that he didn't fully understand the purpose of it when he initially posted it but then he began to think of the potential for it later on down the line.
This is also bullshit. "Oh, I don't think he knew what he was doing, but he quickly came up with an excuse for doing it!"
Well blow me down! There is no way it could be busy work if he came with a reasonable reason for it after the fact!
Actually, that was pretty much how I saw it as well. What exactly is your theory for what happened here? Elmo as scum decided to post a postcount chart to somehow appear active and involved, but failed to forsee that he might be questioned about conclusions, therefore was forced to invent conclusions after the fact to present to the town? I don't get what you're arguing at all.
I doubt he didn't think about it at all, but also didn't overly worry about the possibility as he didn't prepare anything more than "I thought some were posting more, but they weren't, and others were posting less, but they weren't."
Apparently some seem to believe that was a valid contribution and more than busy work. Ironically, McGriddle's rainbow he received grief over would have been the type of list that would have garnered less suspicion from me actually. At least then a sort of stance would have been taken, and he could have been pressed over the why's, something that he definitely lacked. Remember when pressed about his stance on me? He couldn't remember :roll:
In short, Elmo can be held to exactly nothing today.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 335, SerialClergyman wrote:I don't know about Incognito's vote switching. I think I can see town doing it, and I don't see scum motivation for going back if he was partnered with Nab. If Nab is town, there's more motivation for the double manuever but not much. I think it comes off slightly positive.
I don't get what you're saying here. My current vote for Nab was the first time I've voted him all game. Did you read something incorrectly?
Post 365, Ectomancer wrote:This is also bullshit. "Oh, I don't think he knew what he was doing, but he quickly came up with an excuse for doing it!"
What exactly is the problem? I was
asked
for my opinion of Elmo's vote-count thing, and I gave it. You read it as Elmo performing "busy work", and I didn't read it in that way. Explain why you think Elmo's whole posting in that area was more likely to be done by an Elmo-scum who was 1) trying to seem active and 2) trying to find after-the-fact justification for what he was doing. All I've seen so far is you stating a bunch of times that it IS that without really elaborating on why you think that way.
Post 369, RedCoyote wrote:That's fair and well explained. I can go with that. I think your defense of Elmo is a reach, but I can't expect you to know what's going on in his head.
Even if I'm not Elmo, isn't trying to figure out what's going on in any person's head the very premise of Mafia? I don't see why my interpretation of Elmo's actions there is a reach either.

Extremely eager to see the NabNab flip. I agree with Patrick's 384 in that I think a pro-town PR Nabakov would have probably been more likely to put up a fight or leave at least SOME kind of top three to let us know where his major suspicions were. I really don't see what's been difficult to figure out about me though.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

Goatrevolt wrote:Elmo is town because he was the first to jump on Nabscum when Nab decided to push McGriddle. That's really unlikely to be busing.
You aren't allowed to be that certain unless it's modconfirmed.

Glad to hear you plan to straighten up Goatrevolt.
You and RC keep - butting heads- a lot. Not sure what to make of it. I get the feeling they have the same alignment. IMO players argue most fiercely and ferociously when that's the case, especially like this where both sides are like "you don't get my points!" "You don't get my points!" "*howl*" "*bleat*" BLOOD EVERYWHAR!
"Well, I..."
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Patrick »

I've always been able to get a read on you with relative ease, and here for whatever reason it isn't happening. I felt that way in Portal Mafia which is why I haven't attacked over it, but I'd be lying if said I'm comfortable assuming you're town at this point.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Hoopla »

RedCoyote wrote:No, pops, please don't. It was unintentionally duplicated. I'd ask the
Mod
if she could delete half of it. What I did was copy and paste it from a notepad file twice on accident because I got some strange DB error when I was trying to submit it.
popsofctown wrote:There was lots of strange computer failure that produced that.. Don't even remember attempting to quote that text.

It would be nice if Hoopla deleted all those dupes.
These duplicates have been amended.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Final Vote Count

With twelve alive, it takes
votes to lynch. Deadline is schedueled for 7:00AM GMT, April 26th <Countdown>.

NabakovNabakov
-
(Elmo, Goatrevolt, SerialClergyman, iamausername, McGriddle, Incognito, Patrick)
Elmo
-
(Ectomancer, RedCoyote)
McGriddle
-
(NabakovNabakov)
Jahudo
-
(popsofctown)
popsofctown
-
(Jahudo)

Day 1 ends with 60 hours banked, which will be added to tomorrow's deadline.

NabakovNabakov was lynched Day 1. He was a
Town Role-Cop.

The deadline for Night 1 will be strict 72 hours from this post <Countdown>. Please submit all actions by then.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Hoopla »

Patrick was killed Night 1. He was a
Vanilla Townie.

Day 2 will begin now, with the deadline set for the 9th of May <Countdown>. With ten players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 2, Vote Count 1

With ten alive, it takes
votes to lynch. Deadline is schedueled for 10:00AM GMT, May 9th <Countdown>.

Not Voting
-
(RedCoyote, SerialClergyman, Incognito, Goatrevolt, Jahudo, popsofctown, iamausername, Elmo, Ectomancer, McGriddle)
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Elmo »

vote jahudo
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I was reading Patrick's hammer post during the night, not entirely settled with it.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Jahudo »

Elmo wrote:
vote jahudo
Do you have a case on me? All I can find is mentions about me not posting enough, being Nab's scumbuddy and not getting enough heat. And I feel like I've been posting a normal amount.

Vote: popsofctown
, the ultimate Nabakov fence-sitter.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Ectomancer wrote:I was reading Patrick's hammer post during the night, not entirely settled with it.
Patrick is dead... ??????????????????????

FoS Ectomancer

I'm going to read over Pops/Jahudo and now Ectomancer.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Incognito »

Post 391, Elmo wrote:
vote jahudo
:goodvoting:

vote: Jahudo

Goatrevolt, I'm not sure I understand your Ectomancer-FoS. Explain?

As an aside, killing Patrick during N1 is soooooo last year.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

He says he's not settled with Patrick's hammer vote post. That's fine, except Patrick is dead. Who doesn't check to see who died during the night before posting the next day?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Incognito »

So you're saying that you think Ectomancer is faking a lack of knowledge?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Probably. What townie doesn't check to make sure they didn't die before posting the next day? In doing so he would see Patrick is dead. Assuming he did that, why would he then say Patrick's hammer post was unsettling?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Incognito »

I read his post differently, but I'll let him respond before commenting further.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”