NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Elmo wrote:
Patrick wrote:Goatrevolt is moving the game forward and part of me wants to say he's slightly townish, but I don't know if it's warranted. I wonder if Elmo could comment on this.
He's prolly town

unvote vote ectomancer

(this is me not making a waffle post since you found that scummy last time fwiw)
Oh, hi Elmo, nice of you to show up 8 minutes after someone first asked for your opinion on something. Care to elaborate on... anything?

@Goat: If you're still set on pops being scum, you must be
really
set on SC being scum. Why haven't you said anything to his 71?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Patrick wrote:Ectomancer, I don't see where iamausername did that, are you talking about pops?
That was indeed Pops. My apologies to User.
What's with the negativity Pops?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

All towntells are weak. If there was something that was really a guaranteed way to make yourself look town, scum would do it. In this way, towntells sort of always remain weak. There's few exceptions.

Scumtells happen because people mess up. People mess up, but they can't "awesome up" and do some epic towntell.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Hi Elmo. I thought maybe I said something about you waffling last game. Was it me or Patrick?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

popsofctown wrote:All towntells are weak. If there was something that was really a guaranteed way to make yourself look town, scum would do it. In this way, towntells sort of always remain weak. There's few exceptions.

Scumtells happen because people mess up. People mess up, but they can't "awesome up" and do some epic towntell.
...and?

Did you think it necessary to warn people off of believing people to be town based off a single tell? Why would you not then do the same about single scum tells? (not scum slips, there is a big difference) In my experience, there is a much greater danger in someone taking a single scum tell and running it to a town lynch than there is of someone deciding that a player is town off a single tell and letting scum live because of it.

There is no need for warning players off using a means to win, especially when the actual danger you warn of is, as far as I know, non-existant in any actual game.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Elmo »

It was Patrick, there was this post in Satin Doll Showdown where I waffled and I keep thinking he said it was scummy but then I remember he told me he didn't (I think?)

I think you did say something about waffling in reference to my stance on Adel in Tofu Day 2 tho.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Ahh ok.

You don't seem very enthusiastic about your vote then.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Elmo »

I'm entralled with my vote, I just can't remember why I put it there
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Alrighty. I'll direct it to the proper wagon when the time comes.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Incognito »

Post 88, Ectomancer wrote:Though I might agree with you that an incautious townie could make the same mistake, I will also not discount that the guy who says he always plays scummy will do scummy things as scum.
But McGriddle never claimed that he always plays scummy. He said that his play is just terrible regardless of his alignment. I think there's a difference between the two.

I don't mind Elmo's vote on Ectomancer there - the one thing that I was beginning to notice about Ectomancer's play was that his vote over the past few pages was moving about a bit too loosely for my taste. I don't know if this is typical of Ecto though since I've never played with him before.

Elmo, any thoughts on any of the other things that have happened over the past few pages?

I disagree with practically everything popsofctown said in his 102. I'm too mentally drained to elaborate on why. Incidentally I probably won't be able to post again until late Thursday. Exam to continue to study for, and I still have like 4 chapters to go.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #5

With twelve alive, it takes
votes to lynch. Deadline is schedueled for 7:00AM GMT, April 26th <Countdown>.

SerialClergyman
-
(Jahudo, McGriddle, Goatrevolt)
RedCoyote
-
(iamausername, SerialClergyman, Ectomancer)
Goatrevolt
-
(Patrick, popsofctown)
Ectomancer
-
(NabakovNabakov, Elmo)
Elmo
-
(Incognito)
Not voting
-
(RedCoyote)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Patrick, who do you think is looking scummy at the moment?
I'm old now.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Incognito wrote:
Post 88, Ectomancer wrote:Though I might agree with you that an incautious townie could make the same mistake, I will also not discount that the guy who says he always plays scummy will do scummy things as scum.
But McGriddle never claimed that he always plays scummy. He said that his play is just terrible regardless of his alignment. I think there's a difference between the two.
And yet I'm not going to play a game of splitting hairs with you.
Incognito wrote: I don't mind Elmo's vote on Ectomancer there - the one thing that I was beginning to notice about Ectomancer's play was that his vote over the past few pages was moving about a bit too loosely for my taste. I don't know if this is typical of Ecto though since I've never played with him before.

Elmo, any thoughts on any of the other things that have happened over the past few pages?
I'm sure Elmo will be pleased you approve, despite his not being able to recall or state why it was there. If you believe a vote was needed for "loose" voting, then why wasn't it your own?
I'd like you to defend that "loose" allegation. Even though my first vote could be tossed as occuring during RVS, I definitely provided a reason. My second vote was definitely a productive one that supported Goat's starting case and helped provide the legitimate pressure for a gaugeable response. My 3rd vote, as you know, also has case backing and has recieved at least partial support in it assertions from other players.
All well reasoned and deliberate, nothing I would describe as "loose". Pardon me if I take this as a bit of sniping from you.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Wow. I couldn't believe I had never played a game with you Incognito. I searched 55 pages of Google, and you were right. The closest we came was I replaced out of a role in Mafia 88, and you later replaced in for a different role.
I don't really pay attention to how often I move votes in games. I can guess the pattern goes something like this: Random/Semi-random vote, vote on first valid wagon, vote for the case you believe in. That's day 1. Whether there are more steps after that depends upon events and information.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ectomancer wrote:
popsofctown wrote:All towntells are weak. If there was something that was really a guaranteed way to make yourself look town, scum would do it. In this way, towntells sort of always remain weak. There's few exceptions.

...and?

Did you think it necessary to warn people off of believing people to be town based off a single tell? Why would you not then do the same about single scum tells? (not scum slips, there is a big difference) \
In context, i was asked what I thought of a player. Since I gave only positive feedback, I felt it necessary to say that all towntells are weak so it doesn't sum to a strong town read.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

.....................55 pages?
"Well, I..."
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Unvote
Vote popsofctown
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Patrick 95 wrote:RedCoyote, your posts kind of give me two different impressions about what you think of Goatrevolt. You've said more than once you don't find him scummy, but your tone and wording more than once seems to imply suspicion. Do you think it's scummy to sound fake and unnatural?
Well, I'm certainly not assuming he's town. I obviously don't give him the same credit you do for his approach to the game so far, but that doesn't necessarily mean I want to vote him. Are those positions compatible?

And yes.

---
Goat 98 wrote:Make sense?
Yes. Well, yes in the sense that this all sounds more convoluted and scatterbrained than even I had originally thought.
Goat 98 wrote:Hypothetically, even if I were scum here, this wouldn't be something I would be paranoid about. Me firing back at people who criticize/attack me is pretty much a facet of my playstyle. When people attack me I like to try to figure out how honest they are in their attack and whether they truly believe it or not. I find it easier to get a read on players that way.
Mmmm...

There's still something wrong with this. Maybe I didn't use enough smileys, because I still contend that I didn't see it much of an "attack". I of course understand you asking questions and firing back at me, but the proportion, I thought, was off. In a way I can't blame you, because I guess it was the biggest chunk of text I had written in one setting, but the way you jump to the conclusion that you needed to be fending me off is off-putting.
Goat 98 wrote:What I mean by that is you've spent the bulk of your time going back and forth with me and yet you don't even believe me to be scum, or at least you aren't pushing for it.
I'll have to concede that I'm not doing a very good job here. I should definitely have some sort of bankable vote. Is it my fault that I liked the answers that McGriddle and SC both gave me? XD

Vote: Elmo
on the back of NabNab's post 100. I'd argue she's the last player to make a "real" post, and there's really nothing there that gives it substance. I'm not opposed to dropping a vote like that in principle, but I am opposed to it when there's both been no record of your perspective in the game and you've also failed to give more insight when asked to do so. It's nice that she showed up the second someone asked about her, but what little the response has to offer is steeped in a previous game's meta.

---
pops 115 wrote:.....................55 pages?
You wouldn't be playing up the fluff posts to coax us with your lovable meta, would you?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I post fluff with both alignments now. I found out it's actually pretty fun.
"Well, I..."
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

RedCoyote wrote:There's still something wrong with this. Maybe I didn't use enough smileys, because I still contend that I didn't see it much of an "attack". I of course understand you asking questions and firing back at me, but the proportion, I thought, was off. In a way I can't blame you, because I guess it was the biggest chunk of text I had written in one setting, but the way you jump to the conclusion that you needed to be fending me off is off-putting.
I didn't jump to the conclusion that I needed to fend you off. I really don't understand your point of contention here. You wrote 3 paragraphs on me, and I addressed them. The idea that I somehow needed to fend you off is entirely your interpretation, and it's incorrect.

SerialClergyman: What is your stance on Nabakov?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

popsofctown wrote:I post fluff with both alignments now. I found out it's actually pretty fun.
Do you also post non-fluff or is that a relic of the past?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

@Nab: I haven't found anything particularly scummy about any of SC's recent posts, at least nothing relevant now.

I was debating whether to keep my vote on SC or swap back to pops, but after pops decided to ignore me calling him out on a possible lie (but addressing the rest of the post, so I assume he read it), I'm feeling good about swapping back.

Iam: Can you explain your previous experience with RedCoyote? Your first post hinted at a history of you voting for him and right now you are.

To the following people who still haven't placed a non-random vote:

Incognito
NabakovNabakov
Jahudo
popsofctown
Patrick
McGriddle

If you had to vote someone right now, who would it be?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I said I missed it. You said I was lying. You want me to say: "no, I really missed it?" Doesn't seem worthwhile, somehow.

I post nonfluff sometimes.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ectomancer wrote:@Goat - I liked your game starter on Pops. I also think that gut reads are not to be dismissed out of hand. Whether his joked were forced or not depends on familiarity with him. Another opinion feels he is being Pops, and so the case boils down to my original description, a good game starter.
unvote
This is scummy, I don't like that (was rereading/isoing)

So I guess I'd vote Ectomancer for his halfway support of goatrevolt's case. It's fishy. Seems more like calculating what wagon he wants to be on or off of then continuous feelings about my alignment.
"Well, I..."
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:55 am

Post by McGriddle »

Goatrevolt wrote: McGriddle
If you had to vote someone right now, who would it be?
I thought I had already done this but I didn't,
Unvote, Vote:Pops
That vote being Semi-Knowledgeable. I don't have much of a read on anyone else except pops.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”