Newbie 682 - Mayhem in Umore - Game Over, Scum Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

/here. My first game. Huzzah!!! :P
"Lag is worse in real life than in Video games. If you don't believe me, look at Jesus, it took him 3 days to respawn after he died!" Khelvaster

"I'm what Doctor Spooner would call a Shining Wit!" Me
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:23 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Random Vote: Mirth
because I'm scared? :S
"Lag is worse in real life than in Video games. If you don't believe me, look at Jesus, it took him 3 days to respawn after he died!" Khelvaster

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:47 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

nureins wrote:Not a random vote.

MINI 487: Mirth is town. A player votes the mod. Mirth votes that player in her first post indicating she does not like mod-votes.
OPEN 92: Mirth is scum. Mirth votes the Mod in her first post.

NEWBIE 682 (this one): Mirth's first post.
Mirth wrote:
Mod: can I vote you for being scum yet? Since I know you are? :P
Vote: Mirth

A good topic to start with, isnt it ? Give me your opinion about it, please...
I like your arguement.
But
it has one flaw. You have only taken 2 games. If you could find more examples, then maybe I am inclined to agree. But for now i disagree, saying that other games have nothing top do with this.

Anyone else feel like posting?

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:17 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Sorry guys. Was at school. Didn't have a chance to look since yesterday! Anyway i'll
Unvote:Mirth
-The random stage looks as if it has descended to the depths.

Nuriens-
nureins wrote:
dejkha wrote:It seems like Nureins could be onto something.

Vote: Mirth
Newbie game, 3 posts. L-2. No no...

Unvote

Dejkha jumped in the wagon but stated very clearly it was another's case. Do you think my case was so important as to risk a lynch in first page ? especially taking into account this is a newbie game...

FOS: Dejkha
This could be one of 2 things--1) Very Nervous Scum trying to get the townies to befriend him.
2) Nervous Town trying not to look like scum.

I'm not sure which at the moment but there is a post later on that I would like to question...
nuriens wrote:ChuckNorris answered the natural way.
Dej answered in a suspicious way.
Question: What do you mean by natural and suspicious way?
This could be an attempt to look like a really pro-town town(=P), when he's actually scum.

Dej-I'm curious as to why you voted to actually make Mirth at L-1. That could have been a fatal move, yet it could have possibly revealed scum(presuming that newb scum hammered). To be honest I think we wre lucky that the scum didn't hammer. Otherwise we would be stuck tbh.

Mirth- I agree with you a Meta, I don't personally like it. Nothing really to say on you. Apart from maybe you were a bit touchy in defending yourself, but that isn't a reason for even a MinorFoS.

cute.without.e- L-2 is (Lynch minus 2, which means that we need 2 votes to lynch someone) What are your thoughts on Nuriens' Meta-ing and Dej putting Mirth at L-1?

Mr Avacado- I'm not sure on this guy. I find it slightly scummy that he has immediately joing on the Wagon of Dej, without much of a reason. The same as Dej really.

Serous- Lurker. Nothing more to say.

Caj-
Caf wrote:
nureins wrote:- your post was simply a theory discussion.
Not that there's anything wrong with theory posts this early on... but yeah, I guess so, I didn't really put any accusations into that post. So, for the record,
my suspicion was aroused by your vote for Mirth followed by chastising someone else for doing the same
. I happen to think that dejkha's behaviour can be at least partially excused by his status as a fresh n00b - and, as I said, L-2 doesn't really bother me. So, it seemed slightly like you were setting him up. Your renouncing of the initial case adds to this, in my opinion. I'm sure you won't object to my not voting for you at this stage, though...
Very good point Caf. I totally agree with your suspicion now. But otherwise there isn't much else I can think of about you atm.

So here is my list of what I think everyones roles are...

Maifa

Nuriens-Even though it isn't very high suspicion, he is more suspicious than anyone else at the momnt, in my view.
Dej/Mr Avacado- Both voting yet not really explaining why. Notice how both were in Bandwagons? Mafia trying to keep their heads down?

Town

Me- Because I know i'm pro-town.
Mirth/Caf- Both posting alot of quite helpfull evidence. Imo the most, apart from me =P, town like people.

Not sure about...

cute.without.e- I have a slight town vibe about this person.
Serous- Hasn't posted.
seb456zig- Hasn't posted.

For some of the theories in the earlier part of this post, they are all theories. There is no concrete evidence yet.

This is chuck norris signing out!

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:29 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

nureins wrote:
ChuckNorris wrote: This could be one of 2 things--1) Very Nervous Scum trying to get the townies to befriend him.
2) Nervous Town trying not to look like scum.
If you talk of me, you forgot 3: An active (town) player.
Good point. We do need more contributions from some.
nuriens wrote:
chucknorris wrote: Question: What do you mean by natural and suspicious way?
natural townie way: relativize and put in perspective. analyze, scrutinize, make it rational...

suspicious way: use it for wagoning without a serious reflection, voting, moving to L-2 in first page...
Thank you for answering.
nuriens wrote: Now a question for chuck. If my first vote game made two wagons to appear, and two persons to wagon so quickly inspiring for suspicions (one of them noted by myself immediately), which part of my behavior is suspicious? how can be my attitude not pro-town?
If you are asking how can your attitude not be pro town, I didn't say that.
In reply to you other question, Your suspicious action was how yuo voted for Mirth and then when someone else did the same, you immediately started suspecting them. That is a slight scumtell for me. Even if it was to be at L-1 it still probably was a newbie not realising the dnager of that vote.
nuriens wrote: I like the Nureins/Dej/MrAvacado vs Mirth/Caf/chuck game you have proposed. So quick, so fast, so nice. Even with RED-BLUE colours (obviously, adding that suspicions are very mild blablabla). Sounds quite dichotomic to me, and dichotomy is a synonimous of simplification, and for page 2, this is really a synonimous of not pro-town tell...
"this is really a synonimous of not pro-town tell..."- I don't really understand this.

Also the 3v3 was totally unintended. Also I can't help if 2 people are lurking and I can't have an opinion on someone who hasn't said anything. The Red, Blue colours was nothing to do with Tactics. Was just to make it look better.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:31 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

EBWOP: The only reason you were top on Mafia was because you are more experienced than the other 2 it looks like. It was really close between you and the other 2.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:59 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Ok I appologise for that newbie mistake. =S Sozzles. Anyway I totally take back the Mafia Town list.

About the L-2 thing, I played on anohe site where it took 4 votes to lynch. Whoops.

Now I think about it I would like to here from Mr Avacado. Why did you vote Dej? Why haven't you posted much? What do you think about everyone so far?

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:31 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Mirth wrote:I can see this will be a rather fast paced game.

Chuck, 31: why unvote me? What your L-3 vote on me actually hurting anyone or do you have a better place to throw it? Dej didn't put me at L-1 and I'm not defending myself so much as pointing out Nur's inconsistencies. (After all, I have mod voted as scum too.) Serous is a lurker? Really? The game barely started. Please don't start with the "they're a lurker! evil!" yet. Not everyone has as much time as you to post and its not lurking if they never show up in the first place. I don't like this lurker accusation from you. Also, as we are on page 2, it is too early to actually form a list of suspicion, especially considering not everyone has checked in yet and I object to two things about your list. 1)CAF and I will be by definition helpful and engaged, as we are the ICs. This is what we signed up to do. This does not make us town, just ICs. Be suspicious of everyone, including us. 2) please don't post your town reads unless a)you are replacing into a game and responding to a lot of backlog and thus should give everyone else the courtesy of your opinion or b)there is an actual need for defending someone.

Nur, 32: agreed that it's oversimplified. Not too sure if I like the wording of the first part of this post though.

Chuck, 33: First, Nur unvoted after Dej jumped on pointlessly. This can be valid. Second, experience does not make a person more or less scummy, just experienced.

Nur, 35: good posting.

Chuck, 36: you just played the newbie card again. The first time you did it for others, so I let it slide. You just played it for yourself. You earn and FOS. And seriously, maybe Mr. Avacado hasn't posted much yet because he hasn't had time to. I'm not liking this rushing of other players. Game barely started. I myself am a rather posty player, but if other people don't post as much, it is not an issue if they actually post regularly and make contentfull posts. (I.e. if someone posts once a day or once every 2 days, this is fine, and not necessarily lurking, and lurking is not always scummy, btw, it is mostly a null tell. Content over quantity.
31-I took away my vote as it was a
random
vote. As the randam stage is over, I decded that I would take my vote off. Anything scummy about that?
33- What I meant was that, the fact he was more experienced, could mean that if he was Mafia he would be more dangerous than newbies, probably.
36- Mr Avacado, I was just asking him questions for when he does post. I was not pressuring him in any way whatsoever. If it came across that way then, I didn't mean it to. In your own time Mr Avacado(
not
sarcasticly said)

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by ChuckNorris »

Sorry guys I can't reply now, just going to school. I wil tryy to reply in my lunch break but until then I can't answer any questions. Sorry.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:13 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Holy crap alot of posting. I again appologise for the inconvenince of me being at school. Anyway from a quick skim read, I see the Seb seems to be playing the reverse psycology card? Maybe? Not sure as i haven't read properly yet. Will do now but don't expect a response for a while while I post my thougths...

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:23 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Ok. I've read through and this Is what I think, and me answering any questions.

Post 39: I didn't mean it to sound on edge. I meant just to emphisise the Randomness of it as many vote's that have been cast have a reason. So I thought if I emphasised the word Random, then it would tell you that it was random. No real reason behind it.

41: Answer to Q
1) I put him on there because, yes he was probably being a newb, but I still thought it was a bit scummy to have no reason to vote. Since the list was actually a load of crap, I don't think it really matters. But I'll answer any more questions on it willingly.
2)Now I think about it, it was craplogic. So I take that comment back. I guess I was just trying to follow a lead. I t came to nothing so...yea. That's all for this question.
47:
seb wrote:lol, i shood realy pay attention.
i didnt even look at page 2
wow, i am noob.
soz, i think.
Unvote
and i guess we shood kill off nureins.
Vote: nureins

btw i think we shood give evry1 a chance.
"Innocent until proven otherwise"
I'm sorry but how can you not realise there are 2 pages? That's not important. The important part is that, why did you want to join the wagon and leave Mirth at L-1. I think this could be true, as this is his first game, that could be the only way he reckons he can be thought of as town.
MFoS:Seb
-for the reasons stated previously. Also now that I look at it seems even more scummy as Mirth says in post 48 "You can die so I don't" Attitude. I upgrade to an
FoS:Seb

Seb wrote:I believe that it isn't entirely wagoning just because i agree with points people make. I try to gain trust, try to tell the truth and try to kill mafia, not confuse or mislead. There isn't much proof on anyone or anything and this being my first game I assume that the majority is smarter than me and with a small amount of people my vote really does count. I don't want to make the wrong decision. I hope you'll understand.
I'm sorry but you haven't done any of this in post 46 and 47. All you've done is try to blend with the crowd. No specific reason for it. I'm not going to upgrade to more yet.
Post-51
Seb wrote:I don't see why you have to attack me. Someone that has no understanding on how people think, and on my first game. I said that I'm going with the crowd. What more do you want.
FOS: Mirth
Following a Crowd isn't neccissarily the best thing to do. For example in your case, you seem intent on "Keeping you head low" so to speak. Why do you need to do this? Why not just analyze everyone's thoughts and responses, then ask them questions about it? This just keeps getting scummier.

Still post 51...
Seb wrote:You change your vote on a mistake. Thats not normal.
Judging people on not paying attention. Thats just... um, i dunno but its not right.
Ok. Why is it not right? If you aren't paying attention, what makes you any kind of help to the town?
STILL post 51...
Seb wrote:I know we probably wont kill mafia day one but your pushing me to the lynch. That isn't helping. I'm a pro-town. Just stop. I don't have any specials. Just a normal townie that is getting attacked for a mistake forgetting to read a page isnt a crime, and you dont have any more of a better excuse than me for why we voted for the people we voted for.
I'm afraid to say
HoS:Seb
. Forgetting to read a page could be fatal. Imagine a situation where Mirth was a L-1. You forgot to read a page and hammered him. Say he was a cop. We would have lost a cop thanks to you forgetting to read a page. Also you weren't even at L-2 by this point. Why were you so nervous?

Post 53- I agree with you on this post. But I still don't like the fact that he missed a page, but yea, it is more that he immediately jumped on the bandwagon.

54- There isn't much wrong here, except the fact that he says he will not wagon "...if you want ...". Why do you do stuff on what we want. It should be based on evidence that you, or someone else, has posted.

Post 59-61: Wow. Wowowowow. The "Fine kill me, I don't care" card(if there isn't actually that card, then there should be) Come on. Scummy, scummy, scummy. If you were town you wouldn't just keel over and die because people are pressuring you. I now officially
IGMEOY:Seb

64- Lol. Same here. Sorry If i seemed pressurising. I didn't mean to. Anyway, justified point Mr A.

70- One point of this, when Dej said that he wouldn't vote this time around, I think he meant for that post. Not for Day 1 but I could be wrong.

Sorry about the long delay. I went out thinking I'd be back quick but I got stuck in traffic. Anyway, even though Seb in his last few posts has sounded less scummy, I still think that his action were very scummy. I would like the IC's to tell me if I should vote and put Seb at L-1? I want to vote but, if Seb is town, the Mafia may hammer. Should I vote or not? I wnat though.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:24 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Mirth wrote: Chuck, I am a she and was never at L-1. Also can we please stop mentioning power roles?
I was merely metioning a possibility. Not what it actually was. I was just replying to the fact that Seb said "...Making a Mistake isn't a crime..." I was telling him that it could have been fatal.

Sorry about calling you a he btw. :oops:

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by ChuckNorris »

seb456zig wrote:Chuck Norris, i think that you, saying stuff that everyone else has said about my scummienes, are just trying to hide something. And upgrading your FOS during posts. Just trying to put the weight on someone. I think that you are going to hammer me when I get to L-1. Just saying, learn from me as an example and shut up when you dan't need to talk. Everyone has already pointed out what you said.
I know that evryone has pointed out what I said. If I hadn't been at school when you said it I would have been able to point out your scumminess. Also If I had pointed ot these facts, before you were at L-2 I would have voted you. Believe me when I say I want to vote you, but the Mafia could hammer if I put you at L-1.

@Mirth- I won't. Also do you think putting him at L-1 is justified yet. I was hoping to hear from Serous(or now his replacement?) to see what they think on the subject?

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by ChuckNorris »

Ok. I would also like to hear from cute.without.e. What are your thoughts on seb? Btw I'm not pushing you for anything cute.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by ChuckNorris »

seb456zig wrote:
ChuckNorris wrote: I would have voted you. Believe me when I say I want to vote you, but the Mafia could hammer if I put you at L-1.

@Mirth- I won't. Also do you think putting him at L-1 is justified yet. I was hoping to hear from Serous(or now his replacement?) to see what they think on the subject?
Putting me in L-1 will help us out if the mafia do hammer. I highly doubt that they are dumb enough to actually double-hammer. If you agree to my fairly open strategy I would suggest that only one person help put me on L-1. Or else it would be pretty pointless.

btw, why say that you would vote if i wasn't on so many. If you think im scum, shouldn't you vote. How can my number of voters influence you to decide otherwise?
That q is to everyone.
I want to hear from cute.without.e, and serous before I decide to vote. I honestly think that we should lynch you but as a town we should all decide together if you should be lynched. I don't understand "That Q is to everyone"?

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:19 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Ok
Vote:Seb
for all the reasons I have posted before, I know that everyone else said these but they pratically took everting scummy about him and posted about it.

Question to IC's- In other Mafia games, is it scummy to agree with people?

Also seb, I think is trying to buddy with Mr. A, he seems the most likely target, and try to get someone to not vote him/ find him scummy.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:48 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Ok. Fair enough. But I don't really get how agreeing can be scummy. If you could tell me that would help.

Mod-Can we possibly prod cute.without.e and serous plz?

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:22 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Oh ok. Thanks. I see how that could be scummy. hmmm. Is the Mod there? I can't remember if we've even had a vote count!!!

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:46 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Ok this sucks. I was wondering about The Road to Rome, and I saw that cute.without.e, was on but not posting. So she is chosing not to post.
mFoS:cute.without.e
because I think she is lurking. Not a big FoS though...

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by ChuckNorris »

ok. I'm sorry for putting us in a risky position. I was just getting really annoyed with Seb. With all the scummy things he had done, and then he does an OMGUS vote. This angers me as at this stage you shoudn't be doing that kind of things. I think he is trying to distract us from hie scumminess. Yes I do agree that me voting looked a bit scummy btu I'd really had enough of Seb's actions.

@Nur- Please. Do tell me what you find suspicious.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:10 pm

Post by ChuckNorris »

A)Ok.
B) With my post, since I had missed quite alot, as I was at school, everyone else had already taken out all the scumminess of Seb's posts. So when I found him scummy, it was impossible to find anything new about him.
e) I suppose that does look scummy, but as the main posters are me, you and Mirth, and I don't find you or Mirth scummy, I haven't really got much of a tell on everyone else. If they were to post a little more then maybe I would have more targets.
f) I alrready replied to that in,e).

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #21) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by ChuckNorris »

nureins wrote:
ChuckNorris wrote: B) With my post, since I had missed quite alot, as I was at school, everyone else had already taken out all the scumminess of Seb's posts. So when I found him scummy, it was impossible to find anything new about him.
e) I suppose that does look scummy, but as the main posters are me, you and Mirth, and I don't find you or Mirth scummy, I haven't really got much of a tell on everyone else. If they were to post a little more then maybe I would have more targets.
b) You dont need to "appear" as townie. You have to be one. The rest follows. Repeating others just makes the thread ful of the same things. Stating your opinion and going on with your own scumhunting is more profitable for the town.

e) It does. Seb is also a main poster, and you can see how he looks like scummy. You can provoke reads on other people by asking them interesting things...
B) Still though, It is quite hard to have your own evidence if evryone else has abstracted all the other evidence. Ok. My opinion is that Seb is hiding something by immediately voting, i.e is Scum trying to blend in with the crowd, and now that nearly everyone suspects him, he is trying to buddy up with everyone and stop himself from getting lynched.

E) That is true but some of the content of his posts are utter rubbish, i.e on Page 7 while him and Mr A were literally spamming the thread, please don't do that again, but I suppose he is more active than serous and cute.without.e
nureins wrote:@Dej:

1. You jumped over Mirth's wagon with almost no reason for. (already discussed)
2. You were very reluctant to abbandon Mirth's vote.

- You even said " I'm gonna take even the smallest lead I can get. If I unvote, I'll be right back to a mostly random vote. "
- You entered several discussions about Mirth, even if it was pretty clear that Mirth's case was a kind of joke.

3. But if you are gonna use anything to base your cases, because you dont want to randomize, why havent you even considered Seb?

Please, save an answer of the kind "because I dont want to risk...he is at L-2..." or something like that...because Im not talking of a vote. Im talking also of a suspicion, comments, investigation, etc...there is nothing.
The bit in Italic, I find quite interesting. Do you think that Dej and Seb are Scumbuddies? The thing is, if he was scum wouldn't he try and "distance" ,i think it is, from his scumbuddy. Don't scum sometimes do that? That is kinda a question to anyone who knows really. I find that quite interesting. Maybe he is just a noob mafia who wants to keep his scumbuddy or a clever Mafia who is using "WIFOM?", or he is just town who doesn't think Seb is scummy.

Seb wrote:Anyway, I would like Chuck to be lynched if I turn out innocent. Umm... have a, great day?
Is this an OMGUS, feeling. Anyway why me? Why not anyone else who voted you or found you scummy. I'd just like to know.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:53 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Seb, can you please stop posting things that aren't relevant to the game. post 179 has no relevance to this game. It was just an example of how newbies have acted scummy and turned up town. If you posting somehting in it that relates to this game then it would be relevant but "lol u died night two" has nothing to do with this game!!!

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (isolation #23) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:53 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

EBWOP: Post 178 i meant...

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:23 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Ok. I really am sorry guys. I won't do it again.

Me forgeting Nur was simply me thinking that Nur wasn't acting scummy. I also agree that I should have kept my eyes open, instead of tunnel vision. But I'm starting now. I'm starting to wonder about Mr Avacado. He isn't really posting much productive. He posted around page five, saying he suspected Mirth and Seb, correct me if I'm wrong but he barely describes why he's suspicious of either.

Also I'm not sure if the Mod is here. I've already posted in the newbie cue to ask where he is and that we need replacements...

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:10 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Ok. Sorry again guys. Haven't been as active today. Had school. Anyway here are my thoughts on recent posts.

Post 185-187: Seb...that is a load of Craplogic. The only reason I said Serous first was that he was the only one i saw as lurking/away. Then when I realised that cute.without.e was lurking/away too, I wrote that in later. I'm sorry but how can realising someone else is lurking/away scummy???

Post 190: I find this slightly scummy. Only because it seemed like on page 6 you and Seb were buddies(not scumbuddies) and were, rather annoyingly, talking about nothing to do with the game. I don't find that scummy about either of you. But suddenly when it really looks like we're gonna lynch Seb you suddenly start being, not unkind or anything like that, but rather you are maybe distancing yourself from your possible scumbuddy?
MFoS:Mr A

Mod- Really sorry. I thought it was more than theweekend as this is a very active game, so 2 days, is about 4 or 5 pages. Mybad. Please accept my apologies. =(

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:45 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Mirth wrote:Chuck: your argument on 190 is farfetched. Maybe he stopped because I (and the mod) have pointed out that if they want to chat, there's always GD. This sounds like it's reaching. Now then, I don't think Mr. A is in the clear, but not because of stopping the chitchat. Rather not really playing.
That would explain it.
@Caf: I can't remember if you heav told us what you think on my idioctic behaviour, ie: Putting Seb at L-1.

IMO I don't think this game is going to go on unless we replace Serous and cute.without.e I would just like to sya that cute.without.e hasn't posted since page 1. I mean not posted. Nowhere else. It's obvious that she won't come back.

Serous hasn't posted anywhere since his last post too. Not as sure whether Serous is coming back but cute.without.e I'm almost certain wont.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:17 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

caf19 wrote:
ChuckNorris wrote:@Caf: I can't remember if you heav told us what you think on my idioctic behaviour, ie: Putting Seb at L-1.
Well, firstly, I've never called it idiotic. I don't think it is scummy in itself. You didn't push too hard for the actual lynch, accepting it when Mirth unvoted. What is rather intriguing about you is your lack of confidence however - you often seem to be apologising for stuff and being overly worried about doing the wrong thing (examples: posts 163, 182, 195). Given that you have shown that you are capable of scum hunting (or at least faking it if you happen to be scum) and making decisions, there is no need for this - in fact, it is slightly suspicious as you appear to be constantly seeking approval from others, ensuring that you're always on a 'safe' option and always have someone else to share the blame with if needed. So, no more of that. 8-)
Aw, crap. This is gonna sound scummy but, I guess thsi is my first game and I wan't do make sure that I'm playing well. I know you didn't call it idioctic, but when I looked at it, Ithought that it was Idiotic.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:22 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

I'm here now, but I don't feel well atm. So I'm gonna go lie down.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:36 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

I still don't feel great but I feel up to replying...
nureins wrote:
Mirth wrote: Patience is a virtue, please be patient.
Why havent you noted, after a couple of "be patient" posts, that such impatience sounds scummy? An impatient townie would be the kind of bad irreflexive player (for instance, seb, if he were townie) that does not understand the game and desires action...and Chuck is not bad irreflexive (he accepts so well our critiques on him !!). To me sounds more like impatient newbie scum trying to put his HEAVY VOTE (it is so hard to decide who to vote, huh ?) on someone and get calmed.

While replacements come, some pressure for him, though yet he is a bit below seb.

UNVOTE. VOTE: CHUCKY

Mild fos for the coaching: Mirth.
I guess I am being Impatient. Sorry for being so, but that's how I am. I want to find out if Seb is Scum as his very scummy actions make him almost certainly scum.

@Nur- I can understand your point but are you saying that my actions are more scummy than those of Seb? If so I really can't see how.
Mirth wrote:Note how I stopped making these comments to you when you stopped misrepresenting inactivity. The issue here is that you are trying to find something that isn't there in my latest comments at Chuck. While impatience can be scummy, ignoring the rules in regards to waiting turns into a non-game issue and whining.
I do also see this. Could Nur possibly be scum trying to get 2 townies(possibly) as scumbuddies, therefore lynched?

@Mirth- In answer to post 204, I was trying to answer Caf's question.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:23 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Mirth wrote:Why do you say 2 townies Chuck? I could very well be scum, with Nur even, yet your statement assumes I'm town. Do you know this for a fact?
No. I was just stating the possibility of Me and you being townies. I didn't say we were, I said IF we were.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by ChuckNorris »

I am also here. I didn't see the quetion the Nur posted so...

@Nur-I meant, making Me and Mirth look in everyone else's eyes scum.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:06 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Nur wrote:@chuck: you are refusing to answer. And you again tight yourself to Mirth in your post. Please answer.

Where do I try to lynch Mirth ?
Which of my opinions is a scumtell ?
Can you answer my post without asking for Mirth's protection? Id like to see it...it is time for you to leave the nest, fly fly...

Indeed, I hardly try to lynch you, as my first objective is yet Seb. But you are running fast to approach him...
Here is my answer.
nureins wrote:
massive wrote:
Ah, the bitter smell of irony that drifts from this thread as you all completely stop posting. =[
After I put suspicions on Chuck.
Which raises my suspicions on him and Mirth, though very mildly yet.

There were 4 ppl posting lot of times every day. And two of them were little kids that easily get tired with diversions...umm, and the other two ? hehe...

lets see
Seriously. Your using Craplogic Nur.
Unvote
Vote:Nur

For using craplogic.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:55 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Unvote
. I was voting to see if any reaction came from Nuriens. It seemed not. So, imo I think he is likely to be town.

238- By craplogic, I meant the fact that he kept on asking questions that I had already answered. But since I doubt that he'll look, the 2 possible
townies
who I thought you were trying to make look like scumbuddies, were me and Mirth. Also you found Mirth scummy a page or so back, saying that her apparantly "coaching" me was scummy.

I'd like to hear from everone else. How do you find my actions on Nur? Did nur use craplogic?

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:36 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Nur wrote:
snip

3. Now that you think I am more likely town, please answer my questions.
snip
I have. If you have any more, please tell me.
Nur wrote:

snip

you HAVE NOT answered where I wanted to LYNCH Mirth and you.
snip
You are obviously not reading what I posted. I did not say you wanted to
lynch
both of us, I was merely saying that you were saying that me and Mirth were scumbuddies. There is a difference.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:42 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Woah Simpulpost.

a) I was looking to see if you got angr at me voting you. You didn't so I found you townie-y. Also I didn't say that you were the most likely town. You are twisting my words. Please don't.
b)You getting really angry. You immediately saying that "becuase I voted you, I must be scum." Kinda thing.
c)Hmmm. If I think abou it, me putting Seb at L-1, looks quite scummy, me being impatient looks scummy also.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:19 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

nureins wrote:
ChuckNorris wrote: a) I was looking to see if you got angr at me voting you. You didn't so I found you townie-y. Also I didn't say that you were the most likely town. You are twisting my words. Please don't.
You exactly said "I think he is likely to be town." This perfectly fits with my questioning. Do not move to a semantic level...
chuck wrote: b)You getting really angry. You immediately saying that "becuase I voted you, I must be scum." Kinda thing.
1. I am not angry at all. I am getting info. I am happy.
2. Your vote on me was just some extra points. You are ruining your position more and more.
chuck wrote: c)Hmmm. If I think abou it, me putting Seb at L-1, looks quite scummy, me being impatient looks scummy also.
In the same post, you think Im attacking you incorrectly (emotionally, angry, irrationally...) and correctly (rationally, coz you did scummy things).
You are in the corner. And you have no way to escape.

Re-Vote:Nuriens
Compared to you, I think Seb is town. But as usual you will now twist my words to make them scummy. As you always do as you can't think of anything actaully wrong with my posts.

For exaple for question b), you asked me what reaction I was looking for. You twisted my words to make them look as if I said you were angry, and using craplogic.
nureins wrote:EBWOP: the sentence "in the same post....things)." is a mistake on my side. This was not a mistake on the large list of Chucky's mistakes.
I will come soon with a summary. Enjoy the little chucky in the corner...

Hey guess what Nur, your an asshole who twists the things I write to make thm look scummy.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by ChuckNorris »

Wow. Thanks Seb. You've said something helpful. Now that I take a step back, I see I have over-reacted. But can everyone take a look at Nuriens. He is clearly trying to provoke me into making me look scummy. I'm not unvoteing because I feel my vote is now justified. I think he is scum trying to provoke and innocent townie(me) into looking like scum. Also if everyone could read Nuriens' posts. He is clearly twisting my words. Tbh, I don't really think seb is scum anymore. I do think his actions were scummy on page 1/2, but now imo, he's changed. That could be scum, butI doubt it now.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:50 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

caf19 wrote:Chuck seems to be losing control of his arguments somewhat. Oscillating from voting nur, to unvoting as it was "to see if any reaction came", to revoting just a handful of posts later - it all seems rather reactionary and petulant. You act like nur's pursuing of you is unreasonable, but I really think it isn't.
ChuckNorris wrote:
Unvote
. I was voting to see if any reaction came from Nuriens. It seemed not. So, imo I think he is likely to be town.
Nuriens had actually reacted to your post, with disapproval. So it did seem out of place that you'd passed over this. Your clarification is also suspect:
ChuckNorris wrote:a) I was looking to see if you got angr at me voting you. You didn't so I found you townie-y. Also I didn't say that you were the most likely town. You are twisting my words. Please don't.
b)You getting really angry. You immediately saying that "becuase I voted you, I must be scum." Kinda thing.
You were looking for that specific reaction? Seems kinda unlikely that you'd get it, especially seeing as most competent players would avoid that kind of reaction. I don't really buy it - it looks more like you got cold feet on the nureins case and came up with any excuse to get off it.

Chuck, I'm not sold on you being scum, but you're definitely coming off worse from these recent exchanges. I think you need to take a more objective look at the thread. Why the sudden liability to changing your mind when you seemed like a relatively sensible player before?
Well in answer to your last question, I suppose I was getting angry at the fact that he was twisting my words, always adding a comment to try and make me overreact, of course I did, and I see the failure in me as a Townie.

@Nur- Please post me the questions you want answered.

@dej- Do you fail to see Nur twisting my words?

@Caf- Same as above.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:17 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

I give up.
Unote:Nur
Vote: ChuckNorris
- I'm scum. Hurry up and lynch me. I want to be in a new game.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (isolation #40) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:50 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Nuriens. You're my scumbuddy. :P

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:14 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

I have already said. It is Nuriens.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (isolation #42) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:38 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Just a note. I have claimed scum, because of Nureins. He has been such an asshole. He twisted my post, also he kept on adding snyde remarks. Also

@Mirth- Why would I reveal who my scumbuddy is?

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (isolation #43) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:39 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

EBWOP: So blame Nuriens. If he hadn't added the Snyde remarks, then maybe, just maybe I wouldn't have claimed.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (isolation #44) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:49 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

No I'm not gonna out my scumbuddy. But I tell you now...this is gonna be great to watch..hehe.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (isolation #45) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:55 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

May I ask why you aren't lynching me???

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (isolation #46) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:02 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

LYNCH ME DAMMIT

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (isolation #47) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:03 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Why don't you all finish day 1 now?

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (isolation #48) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:11 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Aw. I want to sign up for a new one, while I watch on with this one...

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (isolation #49) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:24 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Dej wrote: That's because earlier Chuck claimed Nur to be his scumbuddy, but now he's saying he won't give away his scumbuddy. It seems that Chuck was trying to take Nur down with him as a result of "twisting his words" and putting him under pressure, but ended up giving away that Nur isn't his scumbuddy.
Unless
- I'm trying to hide him as my scumbuddy...

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #50) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:49 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

You never know. Nuriens might be lieing...

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Hurry up and lynch me. Btw, Seb, please don't swear. Just because someone is scum, doesn't mean they are
SMURFS
. I know I'm being a bit hyypocritical, but please. I thankfully don't take offence to thiws, but in futre games, people might. Just a kinda warning.

Also, why is Nureins taking the lead? Why is he the "Boss" so to speak. Everyone can make their own decisions. Good luck Nureins my scumbuddy =P

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (isolation #52) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:18 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Seb. Utter rubbish. You didn't think I was scum untill everyone else had pointed me out. So don't try and credit yourself. Thank Nuriens, Mirth, Dej, Caf.

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (isolation #53) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:12 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Yawn. I played a bad game. Hey anyone, can you tell me what I need to do better at being Mafia? Also how to play better as a townie?

ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (isolation #54) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:34 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

caf19 wrote:
nureins wrote:For a townie, read caf, he played very well too.
Did I? :shock:

Of course, game's not over just yet so we can't make final judgments with total confidence. I'm eager to get on with things, though. :)
ChuckNorris wrote:Hey anyone, can you tell me what I need to do better at being Mafia?
Honestly, your over-reaction to suspicion is what did for you. You drew attention to yourself with unnecessary aggression towards nureins and his cases, and you still weren't exactly done for until you decided to tell us all you're scum. People are going to suspect you in any game of mafia you play, and you have to deal with it.
Ok thanks. But untill then you didn't really suspect me?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”