Newbie 682 - Mayhem in Umore - Game Over, Scum Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:45 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Mirth wrote:Chuck: your argument on 190 is farfetched. Maybe he stopped because I (and the mod) have pointed out that if they want to chat, there's always GD. This sounds like it's reaching. Now then, I don't think Mr. A is in the clear, but not because of stopping the chitchat. Rather not really playing.
That would explain it.
@Caf: I can't remember if you heav told us what you think on my idioctic behaviour, ie: Putting Seb at L-1.

IMO I don't think this game is going to go on unless we replace Serous and cute.without.e I would just like to sya that cute.without.e hasn't posted since page 1. I mean not posted. Nowhere else. It's obvious that she won't come back.

Serous hasn't posted anywhere since his last post too. Not as sure whether Serous is coming back but cute.without.e I'm almost certain wont.
"Lag is worse in real life than in Video games. If you don't believe me, look at Jesus, it took him 3 days to respawn after he died!" Khelvaster

"I'm what Doctor Spooner would call a Shining Wit!" Me
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Mirth »

caf19 wrote:
Mirth wrote:Actually, it is very very very rare from me to outright say that I'm not scum, regardless of whether I'm scum or town. I could be scum. I could not be.
My two cents on the matter is that declaring your towniness is largely a null tell. In every post anyone makes they are implicitly claiming to be town, as they want everyone else to believe this. They're hardly going to claim to be scum. So people saying "I'm town" doesn't really irk me, and I find that if they're frustrated enough to say that then they're probably under a lot of pressure and there are much better arguments against them anyway.

Of course, claiming a specific role (as Seb did) is a different matter, and is generally anti-town if done out of the blue.
While I agree with you that everyone does it implicitly by just playing, this is precisely while it bothers me. Since everyone is already trying to make everyone believe theyre town, declaring "I'm town" is repetitive and unwarranted. "Of course you want us to believe you're town. Why are you repeating it"

Chuck: STOP IT! The mod has made his prodding replacement rules perfectly clear. While they are not the most standard (It's usually something like 2-4 to a prod unless the person said he's be away, and then 3 or 4 days after prod until looking for a replacement), they are the mod's rules, and we must follow them. So STOP WHINING ABOUT REPLACEMENTS! Yes, it's frustrating, but these things happen. People occasionally need replacing. Hell, at least this isn't a mini hat reached over 60 pages and endgame and needed replacements. Patience is a virtue, please be patient.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:18 am

Post by caf19 »

ChuckNorris wrote:@Caf: I can't remember if you heav told us what you think on my idioctic behaviour, ie: Putting Seb at L-1.
Well, firstly, I've never called it idiotic. I don't think it is scummy in itself. You didn't push too hard for the actual lynch, accepting it when Mirth unvoted. What is rather intriguing about you is your lack of confidence however - you often seem to be apologising for stuff and being overly worried about doing the wrong thing (examples: posts 163, 182, 195). Given that you have shown that you are capable of scum hunting (or at least faking it if you happen to be scum) and making decisions, there is no need for this - in fact, it is slightly suspicious as you appear to be constantly seeking approval from others, ensuring that you're always on a 'safe' option and always have someone else to share the blame with if needed. So, no more of that. 8-)
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:17 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

caf19 wrote:
ChuckNorris wrote:@Caf: I can't remember if you heav told us what you think on my idioctic behaviour, ie: Putting Seb at L-1.
Well, firstly, I've never called it idiotic. I don't think it is scummy in itself. You didn't push too hard for the actual lynch, accepting it when Mirth unvoted. What is rather intriguing about you is your lack of confidence however - you often seem to be apologising for stuff and being overly worried about doing the wrong thing (examples: posts 163, 182, 195). Given that you have shown that you are capable of scum hunting (or at least faking it if you happen to be scum) and making decisions, there is no need for this - in fact, it is slightly suspicious as you appear to be constantly seeking approval from others, ensuring that you're always on a 'safe' option and always have someone else to share the blame with if needed. So, no more of that. 8-)
Aw, crap. This is gonna sound scummy but, I guess thsi is my first game and I wan't do make sure that I'm playing well. I know you didn't call it idioctic, but when I looked at it, Ithought that it was Idiotic.
"Lag is worse in real life than in Video games. If you don't believe me, look at Jesus, it took him 3 days to respawn after he died!" Khelvaster

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Mirth »

You're right, it does. This is a learning game. Everybody knows this, and most of the players are brand new. So why play the newbie card? Especially since you yourself acknowledge it is scummy?
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 am

Post by nureins »

ChuckNorris wrote:
@Caf: I can't remember if you heav told us what you think on my idioctic behaviour, ie: Putting Seb at L-1.
Chuck has been behaving extremely passive with this issue.

- He accepted very easily that he did a bad vote.
- He buddied most of players with the acceptance of his bad action.

And now this sounds quite fake. It is hard to imagine such a townie reaction, enjoying to read how bad he did. As much as to ask other players about it. Especially Caf, that given how he is giving serious and valuable opinions, may also think that chuck's action was risky. So why do you ask him about it chuck ?

To me, it sounds like pleasing the active posters with submissive attitude.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:21 am

Post by nureins »

Mirth wrote: Patience is a virtue, please be patient.
Why havent you noted, after a couple of "be patient" posts, that such impatience sounds scummy? An impatient townie would be the kind of bad irreflexive player (for instance, seb, if he were townie) that does not understand the game and desires action...and Chuck is not bad irreflexive (he accepts so well our critiques on him !!). To me sounds more like impatient newbie scum trying to put his HEAVY VOTE (it is so hard to decide who to vote, huh ?) on someone and get calmed.

While replacements come, some pressure for him, though yet he is a bit below seb.

UNVOTE. VOTE: CHUCKY

Mild fos for the coaching: Mirth.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Mirth »

Nur, actually, the patience thing isn't coaching. I admit to coaching when I do it. It's "I'm sick of Chuck whining about replacements". And my comments about patience aren't just at Chuck. I threw one or two your way earlier and some at Seb. But Chuck is just starting to grate on my nerves right now, since he still hasn't laid off like you guys have, and this has become a meta-game issue, since he took his impatience out of thread. Right now, my warnings about patience are reaching the point where I'm getting seriously annoyed, especially since the mod clearly outlined his policies in thread. That is all.
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by seb456zig »

me needing confirmation from Nureins on ur previous vote, just to make sure my signature is accurate and all. Was your previous vote for me?
[i][u][b]I'm slightly older than Ani, that makes me slightly better than him![/b][/u][/i]
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Mirth »

seb456zig wrote:me needing confirmation from Nureins on ur previous vote, just to make sure my signature is accurate and all. Was your previous vote for me?
Seb, please take your signature down. Stuff that happens in this game while it is ongoing is meant to stay in this game. This isn't a scorecard for the rest of the site to see.
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by seb456zig »

I would like the opinion of all players in the game before i take it down, its alot easier than continued votecheck
[i][u][b]I'm slightly older than Ani, that makes me slightly better than him![/b][/u][/i]
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Mirth »

You miss my point, Seb. We're not supposed to discuss active games out of thread. Your taking your "competition" with Chuck into your sig is not a smart thing to do for those reasons. (Also, its not a competition between who gets the most votes, there is no "score").
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by seb456zig »

okay then, ill keep it as a text document offline.
I only did it to make everyones lives easier.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Mirth »

seb456zig wrote:okay then, ill keep it as a text document offline.
I only did it to make everyones lives easier.
This is smarter if you keep it offline. I understand you did it with good intentions, but I'm just saying that it could get you in trouble if you do this sort of thing in the future. When referencing an active game, there's a large grey area of talking too much about it and even if you mean something innocuously, it might be taken the wrong way and involve modkilling or the like. I just want you to be aware of that for the future.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by nureins »

Mirth wrote:I threw one or two your way earlier and some at Seb.
I havent shown any impatiente along the game. Can you clarify to me what you are talking about ?

About Seb, I already pointed out that a seb-coaching is much different to a chuck-coaching, as you clearly signalling seb's scumtells and attacking him, but not so openly about chuck.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:30 am

Post by massive »

Official Vote Count

seb456zig (2) » Mr Avacado, ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris (2) » seb456zig, nureins
Serous (1) » cute.without.e

Prodding cute.without.e and Serous.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:31 am

Post by Mirth »

When you were mentioning the "lurkers," I made it a point to mention that it was too early to throw that term around. Think what you will about coaching, but this right here isn't it.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:42 am

Post by nureins »

Mirth wrote:When you were mentioning the "lurkers," I made it a point to mention that it was too early to throw that term around. Think what you will about coaching, but this right here isn't it.
And I answered back to you that you were wrong. As you can clearly seen, my fos, vote, suspicions are on active players yet. Seb, Chuck (minor on dej and mr. A, very minor on you, almost nothing on caf). I said that i would turn my look to non-active players (lurkers or call them as you want). Not that I think they are suspicious yes, but I wanted to see them participating to have reads on them.

This is not impatience at all. It is a very rational attitude not to close eyes or to focus on a particular player...patience is about feeling dissatisfaction for the evolution of the game, something I never shown and I dont think Ill show. We have lot of info in this game, people make comments, etc, the rythm is more than ok...having a read on everyone is however useful
and calling impatience to that sounds to me strange. Sounds like

"i want to behave as a frozen-nonemotional-player, to show this all the time because this is townie", so I interpret any other person's attitude as hot-emotional-scummy (as impatience). So this is for me something mildly scummy.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Mirth »

Note how I stopped making these comments to you when you stopped misrepresenting inactivity. The issue here is that you are trying to find something that isn't there in my latest comments at Chuck. While impatience can be scummy, ignoring the rules in regards to waiting turns into a non-game issue and whining.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:18 am

Post by nureins »

Mirth wrote:Note how I stopped making these comments to you when you stopped misrepresenting inactivity. The issue here is that you are trying to find something that isn't there in my latest comments at Chuck. While impatience can be scummy, ignoring the rules in regards to waiting turns into a non-game issue and whining.
My argument is that I never misrepresented inactivity. Turning my attention to lurkers does not imply assuming the reasons for their lurking play are scummy. And neither imply impatience of any kind. Just meant I want to see about them to complete my read on everyone.

I cannot understand the construction of the second sentence, and I cannot either understand which rules you refer to, so hardly I can answer...
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Mirth »

The mod explain his rules on prodding/replacements (1 week followed by 3 days). Chuck cntinued to complain about Cute and serous not being replaced after this wa explained in thread. My last comments at him refer to this, asking him to stop since it is annoying. You decided to take it as coaching.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:53 am

Post by nureins »

Precisely.

The fact that you interpret Chuck extreme impatience (as he forgets all rules and behave extremely anxious even not being as childish as other players) without any suspicion and calm him down sounds quite coaching to me.

Also, the fact that you put at a similar level the patience comment to Chuck to one or two you sent me before (which in my opinion are totally inaccurate as I claim no impatience of any kind in me) seems, with the best of the interpretations, excessively benevolent with chuck.
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:22 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

I'm here now, but I don't feel well atm. So I'm gonna go lie down.

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Mirth »

Or maybe you're just making mountains out of molehills since in this case his impatience is related to the mechanics of the game and not the content. I'm not putting his impatience and your's on the same level. I'm pointing out that he isnt the only impatient one, just the only on blatantly disregarding game mechanics.
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:36 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

I still don't feel great but I feel up to replying...
nureins wrote:
Mirth wrote: Patience is a virtue, please be patient.
Why havent you noted, after a couple of "be patient" posts, that such impatience sounds scummy? An impatient townie would be the kind of bad irreflexive player (for instance, seb, if he were townie) that does not understand the game and desires action...and Chuck is not bad irreflexive (he accepts so well our critiques on him !!). To me sounds more like impatient newbie scum trying to put his HEAVY VOTE (it is so hard to decide who to vote, huh ?) on someone and get calmed.

While replacements come, some pressure for him, though yet he is a bit below seb.

UNVOTE. VOTE: CHUCKY

Mild fos for the coaching: Mirth.
I guess I am being Impatient. Sorry for being so, but that's how I am. I want to find out if Seb is Scum as his very scummy actions make him almost certainly scum.

@Nur- I can understand your point but are you saying that my actions are more scummy than those of Seb? If so I really can't see how.
Mirth wrote:Note how I stopped making these comments to you when you stopped misrepresenting inactivity. The issue here is that you are trying to find something that isn't there in my latest comments at Chuck. While impatience can be scummy, ignoring the rules in regards to waiting turns into a non-game issue and whining.
I do also see this. Could Nur possibly be scum trying to get 2 townies(possibly) as scumbuddies, therefore lynched?

@Mirth- In answer to post 204, I was trying to answer Caf's question.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”