Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Twomz »

Very interesting. Obviously, it is either a very powerful town ability, a craftily used mafia ability or someone with a note ability is stupid/cocky.

If it's a town player that wrote it, we can assume that they have good reason to assume Adam is bad... hopefully a detective ability (tracking wouldn't work because there was no kill, nor an attempt according to the setup) although it might just be a friendly jest to see peoples reactions.

If it's a mafia ability... we cannot confirm Adam as one way or the other... until we find out how ballsy a mafia we're dealing with.

Regardless, one of my eyes is firmly planted upon Adam and i await his response to this treacherous note.

My other eye however is spinning wildly in Day 1 randomness...
Vote: Thin_Man
because he's the only other player whose name starts with T... how scummy is that?

I await the other players activity and wish you all a fun game :D. (I haven't played for a year, so I may be rusty ;)).

PS: @ curiouskarmadog Only conclusions I can draw from that are either we have a SK or it's just flavor. I doubt a role would be revealed so easily in the setting though. The SK is my personal opinion of course, or another role that would be by itself.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Twomz »

mod wrote: 1.) This game is a no kill night start. The game will start from now, please confirm by PM, daytime will commence hopefully in 48 hours with everyone confirmed.
No kill night start means all other roles get a use. Meaning cops get to investigate, docs can protect (useless if no mafia kill though), trackers may track, watchers may watch... masons may talk.... ect ect ect.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Twomz »

It's treacherous because we don't know if it's true or not. /shrug

Well, I say SK... but I mean any "singular" role... like any neutral role that wouldn't be aligned with the mafia or town. SK is just the most common neutral role. The quote makes me think of someone that's off to the side... by themselves.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Twomz »

I believe he is being sarcastic... if not then it's gonna take a bit for me to unvote him now.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:15 am

Post by Twomz »

*Adele
*Thin_Man
Aimee
*kabenon007
*SirWario
*Paradoxombie
*pdcakes
*curiouskarmadog
*GodOfWine
*Twomz
*Adam The Amazing
*ryan

Aimee is the only player who hasn't posted yet.

We have several possible avenue's to explore before this day is over... we can :shift:

-Lynch Adam - This is probably a bad move as it would sever any possible ties he'd have with other players and we really have no reason to trust the note yet.

-Lynch Adam's defenders/attackers - Again, since there was most like only one person who wrote the note, it's going to be 10 intuitive opinions on the matter, lynching on those grounds is probably not a good idea. (It could be more than one person if a group wrote the note, but then we're digging into WIFOM area's which is bad for Day 1)

-Lurker lynch - Always an acceptable option imho, since we only have one player who hasn't posted, it would be wise to wait a while before we bandwagoned. And post number isn't really the primary lurker tell, lack of information/person insight in posts is (parroting what other players are saying without contributing) so we need to wait a bit before we start declaring people lurkers anyway. Up side of lurker lynch is that even if they are town, they're not contributing, so they'll be useless in the endgame anyway.

-No Lynch - Allows us to skip awkward Day 1 randomness and stops the statistically higher mislynch problem (more town than scum, so probability of hitting town is higher in a random vote). Also we gather more info from night abilities and information is gathered from a night kill. Not to mention hopefully a second note. Downside to no lynch is that it gives the mafia a free kill, but imo, without any hard evidence or good tells to draw on, it's more like making them choose the kill instead of getting their kill + scummiest looking town lynch.

-Random lynch - Decent way to see where loyalties hide... has a low probability of actually hitting scum though.

-Everyone picks a top three scummiest players - Probably won't work on Day 1... may be worth a try, if only to point out lurkers and for possible hindsight in the endgame.

Those are the possible endings of the day from what I can see... >.>
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Twomz »

That's the same argument people always make against a no lynch... but if we lynch a town player then we'll be at about the same point information wise, except we'll be two town down. Even if we do hit mafia there isn't much chance that on Day 1 they would have strong ties to other mafiasos... so it might actually help the other mafiaso(s) hide better. And you have to think, if we don't gain any information, neither will the scum (and by association, their chances of hitting a power role on purpose goes down as well).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Twomz »

I was covering all the options in my post. And for one reason or another people saw "no lynch" and starting saying how that one option was a horrible idea. I defended it, and now it's become the main topic for some reason.

As a last point on the subject... I've always seen no lynch as a valid option and I will continue to hold that view no matter how many times it gets me lynched (as it has in the past). It gives about the same amount of information (in a for/against voting pattern manner) as a lynch, but the end result is 1 death over a 24 hour period instead of 2 (neglecting SK kills of course). In smaller games No Lynches have been used merely to make the number of players odd instead of even so that lynches are harder for the mafia to control in the endgame.

An example... the closest a game can get is 1 mafia 3 town if the number of players is even... because if you mislynch with 4 players left, if 1 is mafia... that night the mafia will kill another townie, then the 3rd town is endgamed and the mafia wins. By making it an odd number of players, we can achieve a 1/2 split with a 33% chance of hitting the last mafiaso, instead of a 25% chance from the 1/3 split. Also, that's an additional days worth of information gathered to use against the mafia.

Again, I am not saying that we need to No Lynch... i'm saying it's a VALID OPTION.

@ Adam: I believe your logic to be flawed... at endgame there is LESS room for error. As the mafia/town ratio gets higher, it's true that the percentage chance of hitting scum goes up... BUT, in a 12 player game it can't get over 42.9%(3 mafia 4 town);40%(2 mafia, 3 town);33%(1 mafia, 2 town)... if you miss the town loses because of endgame. And of course these closest possible numbers are for an odd number of players, meaning a vig/SK kill, successful doc protect, or no lynch has shifted the numbers, the chances with an even number of players is even lower.

Also, the chance of hitting scum on day 1 with a random vote is 1/4 for Three mafiasos... if there's just 2 then it's 1/6.

@ SirWario: Imo, randomly targeting players with inspects or other abilities is better than randomly lynching.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Post by Twomz »

Bad play does not condemn or confirm a player.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Twomz »

Sry, Adele, it's been almost a year since i've played mafia... I was thinking 2 out of 10 mafia as a lowest possible number (as in a mountainous game) and 3 as the highest.... Personally I wouldn't put more than 3 mafia in a mini... although I'd probably include a neutral or cult to go with it. If there was a 4 person mafia, then we'd have a 1/3 chance of hitting them day one... but 2 mislynchs are all that it would take for the town to lose.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #69 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by Twomz »

Ok, rundown of first 2/3 pages...

1) Note? - Says Adam is scummy... no precedence, nor support to claim... yet. Time will tell, discuss will occur, TRUTH... will be found.

2) Possible hint in Setup? - Who is this lone figure? This will probably be unanswered until after the game... but may need to be taken into consideration.

3) No Lynch? - Valid option? Maybe. Good conversation starter? Perhaps. Gonna happen? Opinions say... no.

4) Number of scum? - Pointless to theorize this early... suffice to say that it's somewhere between 2-4, or 2-3 with a neutral role.

5) Where do we go from here? - A great song by the band "Pillar?" Or a pressing issue on an internet forum mafia game? DUM DUM DUM!!!!

6) Does Twomz LURVE lists? - Statistics say... not as much as he loves statistics. At least in the morning.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #73 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:27 am

Post by Twomz »

I know the person you're talking about being bandwagoned is me Aimee... but I must say that I don't consider 1 vote and 1 FoS a "bandwagon"... especially this earlier in the game.

I'm unsure if doing a full review at this point in the game would be worthwhile (going over any nonrandom post made by ever player separately)... but i'm considering doing it later on today... stay tuned for more.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #77 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Twomz »

If the notes were dualistic (is that even a word?) in nature than i might agree with...
like if it turns out to be false and we killed a townie then at least we would know not to trust the notes.

but if it turns out he is scum then hey we killed scum.
But, since we don't know if there's just 2 clear cut choices, and since we just have 1 note, there's no reason to test it yet. Even if Adam is scum, that doesn't say that the note(s) are 100% accurate, it may be a scum ploy to sacrifice a player day 1, then they'll say Mafia member #2 is innocent, then random townie 1 is guilty and by that point in the game it may be enough to sway the votes away from the rest of the mafia and give them the 2 or 3 mislynches they need to win.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #84 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:05 am

Post by Twomz »

Para, is the palm of your Hand of Suspicion up, down, or sideways?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #86 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Twomz »

I accept your age old gesture of showing me you have no weapon in your hand (or if was your left, no shield, showing that your defenses are down) and offer my own act of nonaggression.

<3

(Fingers are more aggressive than hands ;))
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #92 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Twomz »

Putting out alternate tactics and ideas isn't a scum tell... trying to quelch innovative and out of the box thinking by labeling it "anti-town" regardless of how good or bad it is for the town is a scum tell... at least imo.

Suggesting something different, new, or high risk shouldn't be looked down on... doing the same thing every game and being completely predictable should ;).

Besides, it's irrelevant, I included it on a list of 4 or 5 other options, because I was trying to think up all the different approaches for the current situation... I never pushed for it, nor did I backlash when other people shot down the idea. I only wanted us to keep the option open... now that I know that even if I think it is the best option (which I don't right now, I'm just saying "Hypothetically") it probably wouldn't go through, so I gave up on it.

BTW, if you do want to attack me... making a case based on the idea that OTHER PEOPLE DID NOT ATTACK ME is probably a bad place to start.

I'll try to do a full reread sometime tomorrow and see if anything big jumps out (it shouldn't take that long with 4 pages, possibly 5 by tomorrow).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #99 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:35 am

Post by Twomz »

Dear Adele... I drank all the wine, it is no longer in front of me. Everything is clear to me now!!! If just a little bit hazy... and why does SirWario have 3 heads? *hic
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #109 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Twomz »

I wouldn't be so quick to say that para... there is such a thing as "bussing" or "distancing." If it would help give a mafiaso an almost clear ride to the endgame... why not sacrifice one of your buddies? And if the lynch doesn't go through, and somehow the person who was attacked on Day 1 gets NKed and is shown as scum, the scum buddies would have a very nice "I told you so" to sit back on to help them stay off others scumdars.

It really depends on how cutthroat or aggressive a mafia we're dealing with... big risk big reward? Or lurk in plain sight and just follow the majority?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #111 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Twomz »

Sure thing BUUUUUUDDY. *hic

Btw, I did a quick reread and I'm going to
unvote
and
FOS: ryan and pdcakes
. They stand out the most in my "gut" feeling, Imma gonna look into it more though after my geo lab and cal 1 study group in a few minutes.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #118 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:02 pm

Post by Twomz »

unFOS: ryan and pdcakes, UNVOTE

I did a read of both ryan's and pdcake's posts... after further scrutiny I didn't get the same feeling about ryan. It must have been the pizza I ate for lunch or something. However, something still doesn't feel right about pdcakes. Probably because..

2nd post
After mulling it over and reading adams post i think we should just put the note aside for now. Us debating it isnt really gonna go anywhere...at least not until we have recieved another note.
4th post
if i had to choose i would choose adam. just to see if the note we recieved was telling the truth or not. but thats just my opinion.
6th post
and god of wine:
everyone was talking about voting a random player. and i decided if we were gonna pick one we should pick adam. look it made be a power role trying to get us to lynch him but if he turns out town then we ignore the votes from now on. but if he turns out to be scum then it brings about a lot more conversation.

I was just saying that if we are gonna vote a random player i think it should be adam. at least it will get us farther then randomly killing a townie.
The 7th and 8th posts you can read themselves, but they follow the same train of thought. Basically he said that we should put the note aside, then for 4 of his next 6 posts says that if we're going to lynch a random person it should be the person on the note... for various reasons. And when people attack him on it he responds that we don't really have to do it now, he was just throwing it out there, it's better than random voting, ect. The complete reversal in positions just strikes me the wrong way.

Vote: pdcakes
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #136 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:44 am

Post by Twomz »

Sporadic access this weekend.

Nothing really new to add anyway, need to reread the last 2 pages, they're running together in my head.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #173 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by Twomz »

I too am here. I suppose our best option would be to have everyone check in and do a top scum choices (with reasons) posting session? If it is not useful now, it may be useful in the endgame.

Just a suggestion.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #175 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Twomz »

Adele wrote:
Twomz wrote:I too am here. I suppose our best option would be to have everyone check in and do a top scum choices (with reasons) posting session? If it is not useful now, it may be useful in the endgame.
It also seems like a helpful thing to do for the scum; they can figure out who suspects them against who has influence and build a (sufficiently wifomy, obv) strategy from there...
Such Tom foolery is possible, but I would think that eventually the town would be better for it because of the correlation between night kills and peoples lists. That is why I specified endgame, I am unsure of how helpful it would be in the current situation, besides maybe to see patterns in others suspicions.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #178 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by Twomz »

Then things must have changed since I last played, because I have always seen and heard of top 3 scum lists to be at least a catalyst for conversation, and normally useful in finding connections between players and coming to a conclusion on who to vote for.

I assume that there was a game lost because scum knew who to target more accurately to help them in the endgame?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #181 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Twomz »

navel-gazing circles
Quoted for awesomeness.

"Worst case scenario" for me is that no one talks and the mafia slowly picks off the town through inaction.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #184 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Twomz »

Sure, it is fine by mean as long as everyone else is ok with it. I would be willing to start as soon as I have enough time to do a reread (tonight would probably be good).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #189 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Twomz »

Perhaps he just has not had time to post?

/shrug A replace would be fine with me... although if he is getting his PMs he should at least pop in to say that he is busy >.<
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #197 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Twomz »

Top 3 scummiest List:

1) Paradoxombie

2) Adam/thin_man

3) pdcakes

Reasons so far
Paradoxombie - Imo blew the No Lynch thing out of proportion (FoSed me just for suggesting it, instead of removing vote, also mildly scummy imo) and then tried to attack me for the reason that "it was odd that no one attacked him for it". Fosed pdcakes while he had a random vote on him (just carelessness, but worth noting).

Thin_Man - Started off ok, made kinda a big deal about the no lynch, but was not the only person. Has not posted since the 3rd although he is posting elsewhere and picked up the prod.

SirWario - Hmm, not really much to say, has some good posts and some bad posts... could be said to be sitting on the fence for some things, but is contributing. Posting has fallen off, but so has discussion so it is normal.

ryan - Like I said earlier, I had a feeling about him, but after reading over the thread again, nothing really stuck out again. Neutral on his alignment so far.

pdcakes - Responded well to pressure when I put pressure on him. I still find his opinion on adam mildly suspicious, but I can somewhat understand the lesser of two evils side to it.

Adam - The Note. Has not posted in a while. Suspicious of pdcakes but does not vote him.

Adele - The # of scum issue and the opposition to a top 3 scum thing, but both of those are understandable arguments in my eyes.

Aimee - Argued against Paradox's attack on me as bad logic. Has been contributing but has not moved from her random vote.

CKD - Used pretty good logic near beginning, has since gone to metagaming and lurker voting. Nothing too bad though.

GoW - Appears to believe pdcakes is scum. Not really anything else to note.

Kaben - Was cautious about voting for pdcakes.

Mkay, so
unvote, vote paradoxombie
. As I said in his note, pdcakes responded well to the pressure, although he is still on my list. Adam and thinman have not posted in a while... so I put them near the top for lurking and not contributing. I think paradoxombie just kinda jumped out at me this reread. I will try to post a full case against him later to give him a better chance to defend himself.

In the mean time, Paradox can go ahead and post his list next ;).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #202 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Twomz »

......Very in depth post there Thin_Man... will there be a follow up?

I do not think we should force people to make a list, but if para is not going to do his, he should at least name another player.

PS: I am also thinking that he might have just not noticed that he was next in line.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #204 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Twomz »

<3 Always happy to help.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #210 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by Twomz »

Welcome to the game Simenon!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #213 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:09 pm

Post by Twomz »

I suppose pdcakes can go then, because adam was just replaced and thin_man just made a big post after being absent for a while.

Me and your mother are VERY disappointed in you Para.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #218 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Twomz »

Come one guys, post something geez >.<
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #223 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Twomz »

As in since Para is against posting a Top 3 Scum list, you can instead. Then after you do, you get to pick someone.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #230 (isolation #33) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by Twomz »

Para, normally most players in any size game can come up with one or two "main" suspects, even day 1. But, it is not always as easy to find the 3rd, and it usually requires a reread at least. My list before I started working on my Top 3 scum list was pdcakes and ryan... and look what I ended up with after looking over the thread. I might not have suspected you for several days if I had not done my T3SL. Finding small clues for the extra suspect(s) are the main reason in my eyes to do the list. Sure, if everyone has the same 2 or 3 people on their lists, it makes it easier to decide who to lynch. But the main reason to do it is to force people to read and post.

One of the reasons I do not mind that you are not doing one is that you obviously have been reading and posting, so forcing to you think and post are not on the top of my to do list.

<Is waiting on pdcakes>
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #241 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Twomz »

I think everyone should just go ahead and post their lists... all signs of organization have disappeared :(.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #243 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Twomz »

Thin_Man wrote:
pdcakes wrote:After reading all the posts the thing that stood out the most to me was thin mans vote of wario in post 57. There is no explanation of this at all. And when prompted by Aimee in post 71 to explain thin man says he wont. But after that his vote on wario was not mentioned again. by Anyone. It really bothers me how no one commented on it especially wario. I know if someone voted me then i would want to know why.
I've made a conscious playstyle choice not to explain my votes, ever.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #246 (isolation #36) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:47 am

Post by Twomz »

Thin_Man wrote:I graduated from picturebooks when I was three. I'll readjust though, and post in shortbus-friendly pictures, if it's really what you want. Sorry, though, I didn't realise I was dealing with the retarded.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #251 (isolation #37) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Twomz »

FoS: Simenon
for saying that I am an "unFoSer"...

? But seriously... I did not know that was a scum tell, everything makes sense to me now!!!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #276 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:48 am

Post by Twomz »

The reaction you had is disproportionate to the action that caused the reaction, therefore some would see it as "panicking."
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #291 (isolation #39) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:14 am

Post by Twomz »

Hai guys, posting this in all my games.

This morning my lappy would not turn on, I went to get it checked out and either the video card ($300 to fix) or the motherboard ($600) are broken. I do not have that kind of money, therefore I will be using college compies to access games in my extra time. My playing may be sporatic and I may not have time to make long meaningful posts for a while. I am working on the situation and will inform y'all whenever I have fixed the problem.

-Twomz
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #308 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Twomz »

ryan wrote:And nothing to do with Townz except for this exchange.
I support this typo as an alternate spelling of twomz. I do it myself sometimes >.>
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #317 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Twomz »

Paradoxombie wrote:
kabenon007 wrote:Um... paradox, you said your reasoning for voting him was because things were too slow. That is not a reason so much as an excuse. A reason would be like, cuz I think he is scummy. Just a vote because things are slow is kinda random...
The reason I voted was because the game was slow. The reason I voted Twomz specifically is because I have some suspicion of him.
While I disagree with the target and the reason, the actual action is not in itself scummy.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #320 (isolation #42) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Twomz »

With 2 being the highest vote for a player and it being 7 to lynch, it looks like we are going to end up with a no lynch day 1 anyway >.>

And after all the fuss y'all put up about it being a bad idea... /sigh.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #329 (isolation #43) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Twomz »

Theo wrote:4.) Their are no particular deadlines as yet, however if dicussion starts to lag I will install one. If at a deadline no player reaches a majority, their will be a no-lynch and we move into night
????

Is it lynch the highest or no lynch?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #337 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Twomz »

GoW's comment confuses me as well. Why would you never vote for someone? Even if you think they are protown now, that opinion may change later on...
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #356 (isolation #45) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by Twomz »

pdcakes wrote:My problem CKD is that i dont really see anyone too suspicious. I have people that i am suspicious of (ryan mainly) but i dont feel strongly enough to vote about it. And if I don't feel strongly about it then im not gonna vote it. If i end up being lynched then fine. Better a vanilla townie die than me casting a vote and lynching a pro-town power role.
Erm, stealth claim? If you claimed earlier I missed it >.<
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #373 (isolation #46) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Twomz »

curiouskarmadog wrote:do we have a currently vote count? I am leaning toward pdcakes is town...also against a no lynch, as everyone should be.
I do not agree... what is the point of lynching someone who has at most 3 votes on them? And if we decide not to lynch them, it goes to the guy with JUST TWO VOTES OUT OF TWELEVE ON THEM. If you really do not want a no lynch, provide enough evidence on someone to get a good number of votes on them.

I personally would prefer a no lynch to a lynch of someone with 2 or 3 votes on them... unless there are less than 6 players left and we have a whole game of data to draw from.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #380 (isolation #47) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Twomz »

I am sorry that I would prefer not to kill anyone than to kill someone who only 1/4 of the town THINK might be scum.

Lynch Scum > Lynch Lurker/useless Townie > No Lynch > MisLynch

^^^I stand firm to the above, especially day 1. Since I do not have a real lead on anyone (ie, not a good chance of a scum lynch) and it is really too late for a lurker lynch... well, I do not want a mislynch.

If it really bothers y'all that much I can revote for a no lynch, so that there will be a lynch, and y'all just have to pick which of the two candidates will die.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #383 (isolation #48) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Twomz »

/sigh...

I did not think it would come to a no lynch until Theo announced that there would be a deadline soon (in about 26 hours from this post). I voted for para earlier in the day and have not moved because I have not had a reason to (better lynch candidate/him making me less suspicious of him), but I would prefer not to have someone lynched just because two or three people were voting for them.

Also if there are 3 people on para and pdcakes there will be a no lynch anyway. I am trying to make it apparent that I would not mind that happening (instead of just showing up tomorrow and going "whoops, there was a no lynch, lawl, and y'all were so against it yesterday too").

It would be a lot easier to decide what to do if people would just post more >.<.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #390 (isolation #49) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Twomz »

pdcakes wrote:
Twomz Wrote:
Lynch Scum > Lynch Lurker/useless Townie > No Lynch > MisLynch

^^^I stand firm to the above, especially day 1.
If it really bothers y'all that much I can revote for a no lynch, so that there will be a lynch, and y'all just have to pick which of the two candidates will die.
If you stand so firm to the above why would you be willing to vote for a no lynch and therefore make the vote count unequal (which will lead to a lynch) Voting no lynch is actually doing more to cause a lynch than leaving your vote on para.... in my mind this seems like a way for scum to deflect suspicion if the lynchee turns up town...
I would not normally, but basically all the town has done to day is...

1) Mild discussion of the note (ending with a "need more to come to a conclusion")
2) I am the only person who would even consider a no lynch in this game.

Pretty much all the other arguments stem from these two points. When several people who said "there is no way we should no lynch" simply stopped posting and Theo announcing that if we stay tied there would be a no lynch caused almost no ripples at all in the pond it kinda pissed me off. I am fully prepared to get rid of the no lynch by voting no lynch (ironic eh?).

The other thing that pisses me off is that the people who are most vocal against no lynch are not doing anything about the fact that we are about to have a no lynch. (CKD and a few others). If you really think it is such a bad idea come up with a better option. Lynching a random player to avoid having a no lynch HELPS THE SCUM MORE THAN THE TOWN.

On lurkers: Need to be prodded, then wagoned, the possibly replaced, and if they are just purposefully lurking and reposting other peoples logic every once in a while to stay under the radar, they are probably scum trying to coast so you lynch them.

Finally to this specific comment by CKD... "You think everything will remain constant for the next 26 hours?"

Pretty much yeah. Rarely have I seen a game have a successful scum hunt on day 1 within 24 hours. I will probably be sleeping or in class for the majority of that time, and probably around 1/2 the town will not even look at the thread in the next 24 hours. No one has unvoted or voted for the vote leaders yet, and I have no reason to believe that they will.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #398 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by Twomz »

A useless player is a player who posts a lot, but is still a lurker imo. Basically someone who posts either just plain are not helpful and are not doing any kind of scum hunting at all or their posts detract from the "fun" of other players and at the same time are not helpful with progressing the game.

Basically someone either sits there calling other peoples ideas "stupid" but not giving any reasons, or when pressed for content copy someone else's posts and say "I think that too".

Useless and almost as bad for the town as scum imho.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #405 (isolation #51) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:47 am

Post by Twomz »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Gorgon wrote:I see nothing odd with Twomz's rhetoric. I agree with most of it. Lynching a lurker or someone who is useless to the town is certainly better than lynching an obviously protown player who seems to be doing his best, although it's not as good as lynching scum, obv. Come endgame, the town needs active players who are willing to make an effort out of finding scum. I fail to see what's hard to understand about this. His stance towards no lynch is based on the circumstances, as he has already explained. I almost agree with this, but I think there might still be a chance to come to a concensus over a lynch ... but lynching someone with only 3 - 4 votes is certainly not ideal.
Well could you actually take a stance, or be more clear? A little too much ambiguity in your statement for my taste. Do you or do you not think a No lynch is better than lynching a player who, at deadline, has a majority, but only half or less total needed? Also why do you feel that way(logic, please)? And you said you almost agree, so I assume some part you disagree with?
No one has a "majority." If someone had a majority I would not have even brought up no lynch and the day would be over. We are currently looking to lynch the person who has the most votes, under half of what a majority is. (majority is 1/2 of the town rounded up... just in case you were confused on the matter)
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #407 (isolation #52) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Twomz »

Should be me and para tied with 3 votes each... Also, I am no longer going to unvote, because committing suicide is pointless and not good for the town >.<

For people who keep complaining about no lynch y'all sure tie up the votes a lot >.>
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #438 (isolation #53) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Twomz »

CKD wrote: twomz, what are your thoughts (at this point) on myself, god of wine, and thin man?
I think you and GoW are hypocrites after complaining about no lynch then tying then retying the votes instead of making a case that would get someone up to a majority thus avoiding no lynch.

I dunno about Thin_Man, his posts are even more filled with sarcasm than mine, so sometimes it is hard to pick out what he is really saying, but besides that i do not really find him scummy... maybe a little too aggressive, but that can be good for discussion as long as it does not go overboard.

@ Aimee: You get added to the hypocrite list with GoW and CKD.
Aimee wrote: Furthermore, I see what you are doing. Talking about theory and neglecting discussion is scummy.
I am sorry, I consider DISCUSSING theory DISCUSSION. I fail to see your point. Also, after saying that "Lynching is imperative today" you vote for me and tie the votes... which leads to a no lynch... GJ there Sherlocke.
I hated Twomz's post 383 - it reeks of trying perhaps to save pdcakes by voting Paradox, especially since tat would cause a no lynch (and save pdcakes' butt). Possible scum partnership?
I switched my vote a WHILE ago, and it was several PAGES before we found out that a tie at the end of the day would be a no lynch... You just reread... it should not be that hard to get if you payed attention.

Also, I am scum hunting in my own way. I am commenting on discussion that I have something to comment on and I am answering questions that are asked of me. I have posted my thoughts and opinions even when there was nothing to post about.

I would love to vote for one of the 3 hypocrites instead of para right now, but doing that would be like throwing my lie away and I will not do that. Also in about 30 minutes I am going to a Halo 3 LAN, and will not be back til much later than the deadline, so any last minute questions must come quick >.<
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #446 (isolation #54) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Twomz »

Thin_Man wrote:
I suggest you claim before you leave, Twomz.
Actually to be honest I'm considering voting Aimee at this point and I'm not afraid of being ripped on for doing a bandwagon. She comes back after obviously lurking (notice how she immediately got to her play analysis just hours before a deadline?) I don't trust it one bit and as you noticed, her vote turned us back to a no lynch again, and I 100% disagree with a no lynch on Day 1.
I agree with Gorgon regarding this.
I would prefer not to but I agree that it is for the best.

1 shot doc. I dunno if I will use it tonight or not >.> <.<

/sigh I completely forgot that I always end up claiming Day 1 as Doc, have not played in too long.

@ CKD: The only thing my lynch will prove is that I am willing to no lynch as town. This was proven in several of my older games (doubt I would be able to find a good example) already, so it is a moot point.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #448 (isolation #55) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Twomz »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Unvote

It would be a little too hypocritical of me to allow a no lynch, now.
:cry: You are a better man than me Para...

HOOKAY!!! I ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE!!!

unvote, vote: Aimee

Para, you may revote me and I will not take it as hypocritical.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #454 (isolation #56) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Twomz »

@ CKD: My main case against her was in 438 I guess... just scummy logic and putting the town in no lynch after saying that she did not want one.

I will check by in a couple of minutes then I am going... anything else?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #458 (isolation #57) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Twomz »

I am takin off. GL y'all... may the person who takes a long fall on a short rope be of the non-town persuasion.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #511 (isolation #58) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Twomz »

/sigh

More of the same as always... Go town.

PS: Town can want to no lynch >.>
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #945 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Twomz »

Hello again... rereading >.>
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #949 (isolation #60) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by Twomz »

unvote

I have basically reread from the end of day 1. From what I can tell both SirWario and CKD have testable claims CKD's is more likely town than scum (SirWario's is not that useful, but is more likely to be a town ability).

Not sure if I really caught the jist of any of the cases... if someone could do a nice little list for each? Specifically Kabenon, Para and Ryan.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #952 (isolation #61) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Twomz »

I did read for myself and was unable to see a clear leader in scumminess. What I did see was about a dozen posts worth of content spread over 10 or so pages >.> There was a lot of redirecting going on (several major wagons have come up, but all of their momentum was killed by inactivity and other targets comping up) which probably merits some looking into.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #964 (isolation #62) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:45 am

Post by Twomz »

I am not really feeling the para wagon and the Kabenon wagon looks like it mainly stems from two people arguing. I dunno what I want to do at this point /sigh.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #966 (isolation #63) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Twomz »

ryan wrote:
Twomz wrote:I am not really feeling the para wagon and the Kabenon wagon looks like it mainly stems from two people arguing. I dunno what I want to do at this point /sigh.
Well we have a deadline in 2 days, so time is important.
Basically, I don't see the point of either of the two biggest wagons and don't want to throw my vote in with either. I have a bad feeling about Simenon, but it is not really enough to pursue a lynch on him.

Other than that it seems that a lot of people just aren't posting or contributing, and there isn't much we can do about that this close to deadline.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #968 (isolation #64) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Twomz »

? Did you even read my post? I don't really see anything on the Para or Kabenon wagons. Simenon is the only person I think is scummy, but not enough to pursue this close to deadline.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #979 (isolation #65) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Twomz »

My lack of a vote will not result in a no lynch, and I do not feel that para is scum, so I am not voting him. I will however
vote: Simenon
nothing really concrete though, it is just that at the beginning of my reread I kept thinking "Why is this guy in the game? We should have been on Day 4 with his lynch Day 3 by now..." And then his case kinda just feel apart as people began to attack different people. I do not think a huge case post right now will do the town any good right now though, although it would be interesting if there is a whole bunch of end day activity again.

The case that was in your post? Is that a case against you or Simenon? I cannot tell /sigh. It looks like you are responding to a case against Simenon though, if that is the case, I agree with you on the middle point somewhat, but not on the first and last points. How can you know that town and scum were lurking unless you know who is town and who is scum? And just because so and so doesn't explain themselves, does not give everyone a free pass to do as they like without explanation.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #982 (isolation #66) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Twomz »

And now the obvious question... who did you block?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #984 (isolation #67) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:20 pm

Post by Twomz »

Hmmm... fair enough. Roleblocker is still one of the roles I am most suspicious of (most popular mafia ability after Godfather I believe), so IGMEOY.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #990 (isolation #68) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Twomz »

ryan wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:although I do have one question

ryan, your thoughts on Twomz/GoW?
I don't have a great perception of Twomz due to what I conceive as a "I'm gonna vote so I can't get blamed for not voting" vote. He first acted like nobody was scummy enough to vote and than Simenon is a vote that comes out and than he admits that he has nothing concrete on him. Doesn't seem to want to take much of a stance currently and I can't say I'm happy with that.
It is more of a I want it on record that I am most suspicious of Simenon right now. And it is true that I do not have anything on him, thus I am not making a big deal about it and trying to get others to vote him... it is more of a gut feeling than actual fact based vote.

It is not that I do not want to take a stance, in fact it is the exact opposite... I voted for Simenon for the purpose of taking a stance, albeit a shaky one.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1025 (isolation #69) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by Twomz »

paradoxombie wrote:unvote, vote:Paradoxombie
NO!!! BAD!!!!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”