ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:59 am

Post by ryan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:do we have a currently vote count? I am leaning toward pdcakes is town...also against a no lynch, as everyone should be.
I didn't realize anyone was actually promoting a no lynch
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Still not liking Twomz suggesting a no lynch.

Considering voting Aimee based on pure lack of input.

Ryan, Twomz just advocated a No lynch over lynching someone without decent concensus. What do you think of that?
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:08 am

Post by ryan »

A no lynch idea is completely stupid at this point. We have just over one days time and 4 haven't dropped a vote on anyone yet. I'm not a big fan of that.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:19 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Twomz wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:do we have a currently vote count? I am leaning toward pdcakes is town...also against a no lynch, as everyone should be.
I do not agree... what is the point of lynching someone who has at most 3 votes on them? And if we decide not to lynch them, it goes to the guy with JUST TWO VOTES OUT OF TWELEVE ON THEM. If you really do not want a no lynch, provide enough evidence on someone to get a good number of votes on them.

I personally would prefer a no lynch to a lynch of someone with 2 or 3 votes on them... unless there are less than 6 players left and we have a whole game of data to draw from.
as far as we know lynching is the only way we can kill scum. I imagine as we get closer to deadline we might see A flurry of votes. Maybe. i have to ask you why you would prefer a no lynch over someone who has 2-3 votes on them? As i see it, if we dont lynch, we are going to have a day 1.5..we give mafia a free kill...

it is hard to make a case against anyone day 1 without knowing alignments (typical Day 1) Very little action as been going on today and we have some lurkers. I imagine some will become more active shortly. Going back to look over some posts again...but encourage everyone to make a case and vote!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Twomz »

I am sorry that I would prefer not to kill anyone than to kill someone who only 1/4 of the town THINK might be scum.

Lynch Scum > Lynch Lurker/useless Townie > No Lynch > MisLynch

^^^I stand firm to the above, especially day 1. Since I do not have a real lead on anyone (ie, not a good chance of a scum lynch) and it is really too late for a lurker lynch... well, I do not want a mislynch.

If it really bothers y'all that much I can revote for a no lynch, so that there will be a lynch, and y'all just have to pick which of the two candidates will die.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:55 am

Post by ryan »

Why is your vote on Para if you are advocating a no lynch?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:59 am

ryan wrote:Why is your vote on Para if you are advocating a no lynch?

good point, AND if you dont have a lead on anyone..why do you have your vote on Para
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Twomz »

/sigh...

I did not think it would come to a no lynch until Theo announced that there would be a deadline soon (in about 26 hours from this post). I voted for para earlier in the day and have not moved because I have not had a reason to (better lynch candidate/him making me less suspicious of him), but I would prefer not to have someone lynched just because two or three people were voting for them.

Also if there are 3 people on para and pdcakes there will be a no lynch anyway. I am trying to make it apparent that I would not mind that happening (instead of just showing up tomorrow and going "whoops, there was a no lynch, lawl, and y'all were so against it yesterday too").

It would be a lot easier to decide what to do if people would just post more >.<.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:04 am

Post by ryan »

Towmz: What's your thought process on lurkers? What should be done to them?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:07 am

what?...that really sound ridiculous. You think everything will remain constant for the next 26 hours? Not buying, what you are selling here. Matter of fact, I dont know why you are selling it. No lynches never help the town hit scum...I am not about to have Day 1 all over again.

vote twomz
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:09 am

Post by pdcakes »

Twomz Wrote:

^^^I stand firm to the above, especially day 1.
If it really bothers y'all that much I can revote for a no lynch, so that there will be a lynch, and y'all just have to pick which of the two candidates will die.
If you stand so firm to the above why would you be willing to vote for a no lynch and therefore make the vote count unequal (which will lead to a lynch) Voting no lynch is actually doing more to cause a lynch than leaving your vote on para.... in my mind this seems like a way for scum to deflect suspicion if the lynchee turns up town...
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Gorgon »

There are still people who are not voting. They need to make up their minds soon. I do not support a no lynch; it needs to be avoided at all costs.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:23 am

Post by ryan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:what?...that really sound ridiculous. You think everything will remain constant for the next 26 hours? Not buying, what you are selling here. Matter of fact, I dont know why you are selling it. No lynches never help the town hit scum...I am not about to have Day 1 all over again.

vote twomz
So you believe Para and pdcakes to be townies than?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:10 am

Post by kabenon007 »

I think it would be prudent to watch the way these final votes are cast and the way in which they are cast. Scum could easily just slip a vote in either on a wagon to bolster it, or on a slightly smaller one in order to save one of their own. I think the votes leading up to this deadline will provide almost as much information as the lynch itself.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Twomz »

pdcakes wrote:
Twomz Wrote:

^^^I stand firm to the above, especially day 1.
If you stand so firm to the above why would you be willing to vote for a no lynch and therefore make the vote count unequal (which will lead to a lynch) Voting no lynch is actually doing more to cause a lynch than leaving your vote on para.... in my mind this seems like a way for scum to deflect suspicion if the lynchee turns up town...
I would not normally, but basically all the town has done to day is...

1) Mild discussion of the note (ending with a "need more to come to a conclusion")
2) I am the only person who would even consider a no lynch in this game.

Pretty much all the other arguments stem from these two points. When several people who said "there is no way we should no lynch" simply stopped posting and Theo announcing that if we stay tied there would be a no lynch caused almost no ripples at all in the pond it kinda pissed me off. I am fully prepared to get rid of the no lynch by voting no lynch (ironic eh?).

The other thing that pisses me off is that the people who are most vocal against no lynch are not doing anything about the fact that we are about to have a no lynch. (CKD and a few others). If you really think it is such a bad idea come up with a better option. Lynching a random player to avoid having a no lynch HELPS THE SCUM MORE THAN THE TOWN.

On lurkers: Need to be prodded, then wagoned, the possibly replaced, and if they are just purposefully lurking and reposting other peoples logic every once in a while to stay under the radar, they are probably scum trying to coast so you lynch them.

Finally to this specific comment by CKD... "You think everything will remain constant for the next 26 hours?"

Pretty much yeah. Rarely have I seen a game have a successful scum hunt on day 1 within 24 hours. I will probably be sleeping or in class for the majority of that time, and probably around 1/2 the town will not even look at the thread in the next 24 hours. No one has unvoted or voted for the vote leaders yet, and I have no reason to believe that they will.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Twomz, what does lynching a "Useless" player entail?
-George Washington

So it goes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:49 am

ryan wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:what?...that really sound ridiculous. You think everything will remain constant for the next 26 hours? Not buying, what you are selling here. Matter of fact, I dont know why you are selling it. No lynches never help the town hit scum...I am not about to have Day 1 all over again.

vote twomz
So you believe Para and pdcakes to be townies than?
I think pdcakes is...Para, not sure either way
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

To state my opinion in case I haven't yet, I see no reason to believe pdcakes is scum. I can't say I particularly believe he's town though.
-George Washington

So it goes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:11 pm

so basically your opinion is "I dont know"?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Well I'm not going to vote him at the last minute, and I think reducing your own future actions by establishing opinions or lack thereof is protown. I can't just be all "Yeah, pdcakes has been pinging on my scumdar all day" and vote him at the last minute.
-George Washington

So it goes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:58 pm

I guess my point was this, why post that post, if your opinion is "I dont know".
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Because if everyone was expected to do that it would be beneficial for the town as I explained
-George Washington

So it goes.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by Twomz »

A useless player is a player who posts a lot, but is still a lurker imo. Basically someone who posts either just plain are not helpful and are not doing any kind of scum hunting at all or their posts detract from the "fun" of other players and at the same time are not helpful with progressing the game.

Basically someone either sits there calling other peoples ideas "stupid" but not giving any reasons, or when pressed for content copy someone else's posts and say "I think that too".

Useless and almost as bad for the town as scum imho.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by ryan »

Para: Your last few posts do just look like trying to look busy and active. If pdcakes isn't scum and he isn't town, than what the heck is he?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”