kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

You mean you want us to make our cases? Or you want the cases that have been brought up against us?
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:07 am

Post by Gorgon »

Welcome back to the game, Twomz. With regards to your query, I guess I could do a summary of the cases against those three people, but I don't have time right now. Also, can you not just read for yourself and form your own opinions?

I realise that I've been calling Simenon Simeon throughout this game. Apologies. Btw, you're still being overly defensive, IMO. What are your thoughts on things that have been happening in this game other than kabenon attacking you? It's also very interesting to note that you took a line of thought that wasn't even directed against you (that scum are more likely to not pay attention), and decided to respond as if it were part of an attack on you.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Twomz »

I did read for myself and was unable to see a clear leader in scumminess. What I did see was about a dozen posts worth of content spread over 10 or so pages >.> There was a lot of redirecting going on (several major wagons have come up, but all of their momentum was killed by inactivity and other targets comping up) which probably merits some looking into.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Gorgon »

Fair enough. I kinda agree with you.

The Para wagon has the most momentum, but I have a few reservations. It's based, for instance, on the way Para went after ckd, the claimed vig. I agree with a lot of the points that have been made, but there's a nagging doubt in my mind that Para is actually town. I would be willing to vote for him at deadline, though, as I feel we could do worse than to lynch him.

kabenon; it's been mostly Simenon who's been going after him, in exchange for kabenon going after Simenon. I'm not quite sure what the case for lynching each of them is. The whole Simenon attack started because of his Aimee vote, which he has explained ... but he hasn't contributed much that's worthwhile since then.

ryan; Para's been going after him, mostly for his posts on day 1 it seems. I agree that there were some scummy things about ryan on day 1, but on day 2 he's been more protown.

So yeah, I pretty much get your point, Twomz. I feel there could be a lot more to go on this close to the deadline.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 am

Post by ryan »

Gorgon: Look at Simenon's posts right before the lynch on Day 1 and tell me those don't smell fishy to you. The way he voted without reading the thread and just going with somebody who had the best wagon looks obviously scummy to me.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

ryan wrote:Gorgon: Look at Simenon's posts right before the lynch on Day 1 and tell me those don't smell fishy to you. The way he voted without reading the thread and just going with somebody who had the best wagon looks obviously scummy to me.
I fail to see how it's scummy. It's in the town's best interest to prevent a no lynch and he thought his vote was necessary, too. I really don't see any reason to believe he's lying and I have trouble understanding why you would think he is.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:28 am

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie wrote:
ryan wrote:Gorgon: Look at Simenon's posts right before the lynch on Day 1 and tell me those don't smell fishy to you. The way he voted without reading the thread and just going with somebody who had the best wagon looks obviously scummy to me.
I fail to see how it's scummy. It's in the town's best interest to prevent a no lynch and he thought his vote was necessary, too. I really don't see any reason to believe he's lying and I have trouble understanding why you would think he is.
His vote would NOT have sealed anyones fate. The vote was not necessary because at the time Adel had the most votes on her, his vote was useless either way and him admitting that he hadn't read the thread and didn't know what to do but vote a wagon is scummy. How are you missing this?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

ryan wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
His vote would NOT have sealed anyones fate. The vote was not necessary because at the time Adel had the most votes on her, his vote was useless either way and him admitting that he hadn't read the thread and didn't know what to do but vote a wagon is scummy. How are you missing this?
Umm as far as I can tell, Theop basically changed the voting rules near deadline, he didn't change the frontepage to reflect this. Simenon misses the game for a few days and notices it's at deadline. He pops in past where Theo changed the rule, sees that no one has a true majority and does what he believes is preventing a deadline No lynch. It's a perfectly valid explination the way things look. I could see an argument why scum would do it, but I don't see why you can't accept this fine explination. Why assume that someone is lying?
-George Washington

So it goes.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Simenon »

It's also very interesting to note that you took a line of thought that wasn't even directed against you (that scum are more likely to not pay attention), and decided to respond as if it were part of an attack on you.

That's unfortuantely true. I really haven't been able to get involved with this game. Partially because when I try, I get consistently attacked for irrational reasons.

I tend not to suspect more than one person in a game. This is just like how "FoS" doesn't exist in my playstyle. I'm a stubborn person with a one-track mind. Focussing on more than one tends to make me just flail around.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie wrote:
ryan wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
Umm as far as I can tell, Theop basically changed the voting rules near deadline, he didn't change the frontepage to reflect this. Simenon misses the game for a few days and notices it's at deadline. He pops in past where Theo changed the rule, sees that no one has a true majority and does what he believes is preventing a deadline No lynch. It's a perfectly valid explination the way things look. I could see an argument why scum would do it, but I don't see why you can't accept this fine explination. Why assume that someone is lying?
There were enough posts suggesting where we were vote wise and if he didn't know, WHY vote? Voting without evidence is darn right reckless and you know it. Why are you sticking up for him? Or just a clever way for you to latch onto somebody you KNOW is town because you're scum?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

ryan wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
ryan wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
There were enough posts suggesting where we were vote wise and if he didn't know, WHY vote? Voting without evidence is darn right reckless and you know it. Why are you sticking up for him? Or just a clever way for you to latch onto somebody you KNOW is town because you're scum?
Suspect what you want, but your case is flawed. It looks like there are 3 posts in close proximity that state the new deadline rule, but I don't see how it matters if Simenon hadn't read up recently. Wouldn't you just look to the first page for the majority rules?
-George Washington

So it goes.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:08 pm

Post by ryan »

#1 I would have kept up with the game

#2 I never just "vote" so that I don't vote. I state a case, read the evidence and make a decision. Just doing something is NOT pro town

#3 Saying you "don't get the rules" and than coming back later with a "well I didn't think she was scum anyway" isn't going to go over well with me
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

I have to disagree with your perspective of the situation.
-George Washington

So it goes.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:06 am

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie wrote:I have to disagree with your perspective of the situation.
Than who's our best candidate? You seem to be defending alot of people but not making much of a case on anyone, any reason?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:45 am

Post by Twomz »

I am not really feeling the para wagon and the Kabenon wagon looks like it mainly stems from two people arguing. I dunno what I want to do at this point /sigh.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:52 am

Post by ryan »

Twomz wrote:I am not really feeling the para wagon and the Kabenon wagon looks like it mainly stems from two people arguing. I dunno what I want to do at this point /sigh.
Well we have a deadline in 2 days, so time is important.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Twomz »

ryan wrote:
Twomz wrote:I am not really feeling the para wagon and the Kabenon wagon looks like it mainly stems from two people arguing. I dunno what I want to do at this point /sigh.
Well we have a deadline in 2 days, so time is important.
Basically, I don't see the point of either of the two biggest wagons and don't want to throw my vote in with either. I have a bad feeling about Simenon, but it is not really enough to pursue a lynch on him.

Other than that it seems that a lot of people just aren't posting or contributing, and there isn't much we can do about that this close to deadline.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:50 am

Post by ryan »

You don't see anything on Para or Simenon? Than who do you see scummy?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Twomz »

? Did you even read my post? I don't really see anything on the Para or Kabenon wagons. Simenon is the only person I think is scummy, but not enough to pursue this close to deadline.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:51 am

Post by ryan »

Twomz wrote:? Did you even read my post? I don't really see anything on the Para or Kabenon wagons. Simenon is the only person I think is scummy, but not enough to pursue this close to deadline.
So you're voting a no lynch than?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

ryan wrote:
Than who's our best candidate? You seem to be defending alot of people but not making much of a case on anyone, any reason?
I think your the best lynch and hence my vote on you. You active lurked all of day one, posting significantly more than you contributed, and the only thing you've done day 2 is push this lame case on Simenon.
Bold is me
ryan wrote:1) First off I would like some sort of explanation for your lurking on Day 1 AND your lurking right up until deadline. You went a good 5-6 pages without commenting one time, came in during deadline

Both townies and scum forget or neglect games. It wasn't even consistent behavior as far as I can see.

2) Why you voted Aimee near deadline when you CLEARLY admitted you hadn’t read the thread or knew what was going on
3) Post 495 says that you didn’t think Aimee was scum YET you were happy with her vote before deadline (when we weren’t in danger of a no lynch, which was your reasoning)

2 and 3 look like the same point to me. Simenon saw the game was at deadline. He looked at the deadline rules on the first page(which were incorrect) and thought his vote was necessary to prevent a No lynch. Seems like a good explination to me. The fact that the vote was unneccessary for a lynch only works just as much for your case as against it.

4) Post 643 says you are fairly certain that Gorgon, ckd, pdcakes, and Thin_man are town YET you give no reasons for WHY they are town

I see 2 times in the game you listed your least suspicious players and never explained them. Thin_man refused to give reasoning for absolutely anything.
Basically you took the fact that Simenon hadn't read and turned it into 3 points, and added on the fact that he doesn't want to explain his town list. Those seem like two minor tells to me. Somehow from this you managed to get 90% sure that Simenon is scum. Idk, but if he is, this case looks more like bussing than scumhunting.

what's your opinion of this case.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

EBWOP
Paradoxombie wrote: What's your opinion of this case
, Twomz?
-George Washington

So it goes.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:18 am

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie wrote:
ryan wrote:
I think your the best lynch and hence my vote on you. You active lurked all of day one, posting significantly more than you contributed, and the only thing you've done day 2 is push this lame case on Simenon.
Bold is me
ryan wrote:1) First off I would like some sort of explanation for your lurking on Day 1 AND your lurking right up until deadline. You went a good 5-6 pages without commenting one time, came in during deadline

Both townies and scum forget or neglect games. It wasn't even consistent behavior as far as I can see.

2) Why you voted Aimee near deadline when you CLEARLY admitted you hadn’t read the thread or knew what was going on
3) Post 495 says that you didn’t think Aimee was scum YET you were happy with her vote before deadline (when we weren’t in danger of a no lynch, which was your reasoning)

2 and 3 look like the same point to me. Simenon saw the game was at deadline. He looked at the deadline rules on the first page(which were incorrect) and thought his vote was necessary to prevent a No lynch. Seems like a good explination to me. The fact that the vote was unneccessary for a lynch only works just as much for your case as against it.

4) Post 643 says you are fairly certain that Gorgon, ckd, pdcakes, and Thin_man are town YET you give no reasons for WHY they are town

I see 2 times in the game you listed your least suspicious players and never explained them. Thin_man refused to give reasoning for absolutely anything.
Basically you took the fact that Simenon hadn't read and turned it into 3 points, and added on the fact that he doesn't want to explain his town list. Those seem like two minor tells to me. Somehow from this you managed to get 90% sure that Simenon is scum. Idk, but if he is, this case looks more like bussing than scumhunting.

what's your opinion of this case.
I'm sorry but your vote on me is incorrect. I did lay low on Day 1, I won't disagree but I also watched people's voting patterns, their motives for voting and what they did when pushed on certain issues. Simenon, to me jumps out as scum and if you don't agree with my reasoning that is your opinion but I have stated tells that I saw and I picked up on.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:41 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

I also forgot to mention that you've been voting me for 5 pages near deadline with the only ststed reason as:

"I'm interested to see where this wagon goes (especially close to deadline)"

For your entire days worth of going after Sim, you end up leaving your vote on the first bandwagon that comes along, without any reasoning and a lame excuse to do anything.
-George Washington

So it goes.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 am

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie wrote:I also forgot to mention that you've been voting me for 5 pages near deadline with the only ststed reason as:

"I'm interested to see where this wagon goes (especially close to deadline)"

For your entire days worth of going after Sim, you end up leaving your vote on the first bandwagon that comes along, without any reasoning and a lame excuse to do anything.
You've done and said enough to get yourself lynched today with or without my vote. I'm not leaving to chance a no vote (unlike some others currently)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”