NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:58 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

I see a lot more scum in Desperado than I see in Pie.

I'm happy with my vote staying where it is. In my interactions with Pie, I realized I'm not that passionate about Pie-scum, and while some of Pie is awkward/seemingly-scum, I'm not that convinced.

Dunno about Mac, though. We should probably sync a bit more on this game.

-V
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:58 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 1820, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Wanna vote Pie for being mushy or Desp for being dodgy and responding to an accusation by typing out fake laughter?
Why would I want to vote people who I suspect are town?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:59 am

Post by Generic »

http://youtu.be/-twUCEfzrDk

Pedit: I'm not excluding Thor, in fact if that was Thor posting recently I want to slap it, hang it, and burn it for the arogant comment alone...
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:59 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 1823, Desperado wrote:
In post 1820, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Now do you understand?
at the time of the post I quoted, "one of Korean/SSK is scum" was one of the only things varsoon had gone on record with

i don't buy his explanation for why one of them was missing from his scum pool and then there later.

i think he forgot what he said and realized it later

because he's scum and he doesn't really believe one of korean/ssk is scum

do
you
understand now?

Because Scum-Varsoon forgets things?

I dunno, man.

Also, I think I made it pretty clear that I consider KoreanBBQ to be scum, and that SSK probably isn't.

-V
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:00 am

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 37
Stuffed Crust (6)
-
Cephrir, KoreanBBQ, Sakura Hana, DOMO, Desperado, pieguyn

roflcopter (2)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, goodmorning

DOMO (2)
-
BROseidon, Generic

KoreanBBQ (1)
-
roflcopter

pieguyn (1)
-
Casso the King of Seals

Casso the King of Seals (1)
-
zMuffinMan

Desperado (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

MC Maraca (1)
-
pitoli

Not Voting (5)
-
MC Maraca, Brian Skies, Tammy, geists, MafiaSSK

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 20th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-20 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Ms Marangal head of MC Maraca is V/LA for a week. Sakura Hana is V/LA until Monday. KoreanBBQ are V/LA until Sunday.

Searching for a roflcopter replacement.
Last edited by Empire on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Desperado »

self-meta

you have to be joking

and you did make it clear that you had arbitrarily decided that one of the two early competing wagons was scum because the same thing happened in xenogears, until you gave a scumpool unprompted that didn't include one of them
;)
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

[ur=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... #p5521574l]Oh, also, there's one more slot left open in the Micro game I'm about to run, if anyone wants to snatch it (you know you do).[/url]

-V
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

aw man, I fucked up muh tags.

-V
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Generic »

In post 1820, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Okay, we'll toss Tammy off the board for a while and I will live in continued awareness that one of my foibles in being town is I expect everyone to be able to do what I do when I'm scum, and apparently that's actually quite rare.
You should scrub yourself til you bleed after you posted that.

I felt dirty just requoting it :(
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:04 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:06 am

Post by roflcopter »

ugh
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:06 am

Post by roflcopter »

fine just replace me sorry i should have heeded your hydra warning when i pre /inned
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 1830, Desperado wrote:self-meta

you have to be joking

and you did make it clear that you had arbitrarily decided that one of the two early competing wagons was scum because the same thing happened in xenogears, until you gave a scumpool unprompted that didn't include one of them

I'm not joking, I just don't think you could possibly try to leverage a case on "Varsoon-scum forgot something".
Especially because it's fairly obvious that
A) I didn't
C) I don't forget things as scum (self-meta, okay, yeah, deal with it)
D) Other people have noticed that I didn't
C) I dunno I just wanted to make an ACDC joke and didn't have a fourth thing to say.

Anyway,
My initial call of SSK/BBQ having scum in it wasn't arbitrary, either.

Stop trying to make the things I do into lies, fallacies, and fronts. 'cus they kinda aren't. :D

-V
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1837, Stuffed Crust wrote:My initial call of SSK/BBQ having scum in it wasn't arbitrary, either.
so what else do you have to justify the stance other than it reminds you of xenogears?
;)
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 am

Post by Generic »

Oh look, mara ran off again.

Mara, are you a wingate again?
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 am

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 323, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 10, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Nacho, can we make a truce until day 3? Best friends: neither of us suspects the other until day 3, we don't kill each other until day 3 if scum (or at least fight hard for an alternate kill if they really want to kill our slots that badly), we don't play dirty with power roles until day 3. I think it will be most to our benefit if we are both town, but if one of us is scum, I think it will work to the townie's benefit. Do you agree?
I accept!
In post 326, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 11, Brian Skies wrote:F-0 is scum too.
Casso and I agree that your push here was pretty sad. It saddens me because your reaction to it is the complete opposite to my reaction, and it saddens my lovely bearded partner because you didn't drop your RVS push for something better when you found it.
In post 327, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Nope. I only have a tablet.
In post 332, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 13, Brian Skies wrote:You're scum doing this with only your best intentions in mind. It's anti-town. You need rope, but I'm already voting my other scum-read.
How is it antitown? The plan essentially gives him three days freedom as scum. This freedom is also time that I'm left alive to rampage all over the scumteam in typical Nacho fashion when he could instead just dodge me for a day and kill me in a night. He has also demonstrated the capacity to read me pretty fucking well based on the past few times we've played together, so it makes sense he would want to buy extra time to figure me out (considering he tends to be a kill priority for scum-Nacho).
In post 333, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Calm your horses generic, still reading.
In post 335, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 29, BROseidon wrote:Just to let everyone know this game is a town win.
I was hoping you drew scum :(
In post 336, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 39, Cephrir wrote:Brian Skies is town.
geists is town.
F16 is town.
Generic is town.

Discuss.
Why geists and Brian town at this point?
In post 337, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Thor liked MC's opening but it wasn't actually that great.
In post 338, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 55, Tammy wrote:So, the first person to correctly guess what I imagine empires reaction was when he saw what random.org assigned me gets a special super secrettm prize.

I'd appreciate the guesses in gifs by the way!

VOTE: casso king of the seals

Two quote stripers is not better than one:(
He was probably looking forward to seeing your emotional breakdown in the scum QT when I nailed the hell out of you, then had his hopes dashed when he saw you rolled town. I told him to give you scum regardless of what the numbers said but empires a better man than I am I guess :(
In post 339, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 73, Tammy wrote:
In post 17, Generic wrote:
vote tammy

Because she hates me.

How many times do I have to tell you I don't hate you.

I've gotten aggravated with you, but if you can find one person on this site I haven't gotten aggravated with, I'll bake you cookies. ( that kinda makes me feel like a bitch saying that actually when I'm just really a fucking sweetheart who has a tendency to get a tad emotional)
You've never been even mildly aggravated with me!
In post 341, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Oh wait wait wait golden quote from hydra QT (paraphrased, of course): "Tammy vote on us is probably just because she wants attention". This is going to be an amazing game.
In post 343, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 145, Cephrir wrote:
In post 140, BROseidon wrote:pedit3: Ceph, don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you.
Maybe I can do that. We'll see.

This is also my shtick :(
In post 344, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 342, geists wrote:Oh hell you drew scum.

VOTE: Casso
Nope!
In post 346, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Where are my off notes?
In post 348, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 220, Cephrir wrote:
In post 218, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 215, Cephrir wrote:Oh boy, Ms Marangal has arrived.

How long will it take her to stop voting me this time?
Maybe, if you learned how to make yourself Obv town, I wouldn't be voting you!
If I ever obvtown this early, I'm probably scum.

It's like you forget about the past every time I start another game with you.
This felt town.
In post 349, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 347, geists wrote:
In post 346, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Where are my off notes?
Your focus on Brian.
What about it?
In post 353, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I liked Mara's early push on Cephrir. The target in and of itself isn't really that special, but the way she went about it seemed good to me (mostly the whole gearing up for a push and then completely letting it go part, that felt nice). So generic, if you're getting an early townread on Mara based on her initial posting, we're probably in agreement.
In post 356, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 350, geists wrote:Specifically I'm seeing parallels with how in Buzzword you jumped on the weakness in orcinus' entrance and encouraged/supported others' reads. At least with orcinus it was a genuinely off entrance. Brian's initial posts almost always look strained and uncomfortable.
I don't think Brian has a tendency to look weak early game. I thought there was clear motivation in F-16s opening to stay alive to sort out Nacho-scum, and I thought that it was strange Brian immediately attacked that, especially considering the mentor mentee game that recently ended which proves F-16 can read me pretty competently.
In post 357, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 355, geists wrote:
In post 353, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I liked Mara's early push on Cephrir. The target in and of itself isn't really that special, but the way she went about it seemed good to me (mostly the whole gearing up for a push and then completely letting it go part, that felt nice). So generic, if you're getting an early townread on Mara based on her initial posting, we're probably in agreement.
You actually need mara's posts to read them?
Yes? Cabd forming a town block with himself in the center early game doesn't exactly seem like something that's unlikely to be coming from Cabd-scum. Why do you disagree?
In post 358, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I also didn't have a good townread on BRO until about two pages ago. What do you think of that?
In post 362, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Cabd, my application to the town block will come in two parts.

1. Ffery. Let's make the same deal that F-16 and I made, minus the suspecting part.

2. VOTE: Pitoli
In post 366, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 359, Cephrir wrote:
In post 336, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 39, Cephrir wrote:Brian Skies is town.
geists is town.
F16 is town.
Generic is town.

Discuss.
Why geists and Brian town at this point?
I think I've since explained this adequately, but why didn't you ask me why I thought Generic was town? I have not explained that adequately to date, and in fact it was so weak that I no longer feel that way.
I asked you about geists because normally ffery paranoia is your thing.
I asked you about Brian because the read required him not picking up on F-16 town, which seemed strange.
I didn't ask you about Generic town because your answer wouldn't figure into my read on him much/help me out with my read on you at all, but I probably should have. Why generic town and why don't you feel that way anymore?
In post 368, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 363, geists wrote:
In post 358, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I also didn't have a good townread on BRO until about two pages ago. What do you think of that?
I think Bro reads deserve caution, but I dunno. Maybe I'm seeing stuff you aren't, or vice versa. With town-Nacho, you're usually ahead of me on reads.
I still think BRO deserves caution, but his "meh I fucking suck at large games" seemed a lot more honest than any BROscum play that I've seen. It's more about what he's not doing than what he is doing!
In post 369, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 367, geists wrote:
In post 356, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 350, geists wrote:Specifically I'm seeing parallels with how in Buzzword you jumped on the weakness in orcinus' entrance and encouraged/supported others' reads. At least with orcinus it was a genuinely off entrance. Brian's initial posts almost always look strained and uncomfortable.
I don't think Brian has a tendency to look weak early game. I thought there was clear motivation in F-16s opening to stay alive to sort out Nacho-scum, and I thought that it was strange Brian immediately attacked that, especially considering the mentor mentee game that recently ended which proves F-16 can read me pretty competently.
And didn't you get some questions about the original offer in the hunterxhunterx game?

I didn't question it in thread, but I damn sure got buldermar's take on it in our hydra discussions.
Probably. But I'm assuming the people who questioned me were simply bad at gambits; I would expect Brian to see exactly where F-16 was coming from.
In post 370, Casso the King of Seals wrote:And note: Brian didn't question, he attacked.
In post 371, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 365, Cephrir wrote:
In post 362, Casso the King of Seals wrote:1. Ffery. Let's make the same deal that F-16 and I made, minus the suspecting part.
These deals are just really, really odd.
What's odd about them?
In post 376, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Swapping into Thor translation for a little while, got to go soon. If you want to discuss today, discuss quickly.
In post 379, Casso the King of Seals wrote:The big push Thor wants is good morning. He thinks that needing to ISO to get reads sucks, especially since it was less than 24 hours from when the thread first opened. The rest of posts were a bunch of nothing. I mostly agree with this read, but found pitoli posting a little more interesting, considering good morning has slow starts and pitoli has been making improvements in her play lately that suggest her town game is getting more obvtown early.
In post 1007, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1005, Generic wrote:Nacho, I'm afraid at present that dance is on hold, because I hadn't factored in that a large game will mean more arguements... For me.

However, one thing I would like to pull you up on, you have barely commented on anything I have posted in this game, and that sing like you at all. What gives? Can't imagine the all mighty nachomamma is scared of me...
I have made essentially two posts this game, Generic.
In post 1013, Casso the King of Seals wrote:No. It will change when Thor and I find a little more common ground.
In post 1017, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1015, Generic wrote:
In post 1007, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1005, Generic wrote:Nacho, I'm afraid at present that dance is on hold, because I hadn't factored in that a large game will mean more arguements... For me.

However, one thing I would like to pull you up on, you have barely commented on anything I have posted in this game, and that sing like you at all. What gives? Can't imagine the all mighty nachomamma is scared of me...
I have made essentially two posts this game, Generic.
Well how am I supposed to fucking know? You don't sign your posts so therefore you are treated as a single entity.

I have noticed a few times players fluff posting their guesses on who is posting in the hydra, it has been noted as I go.
Thor signs his posts or makes it extraordinarily obvious it is him.
In post 1018, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1014, geists wrote:How do you feel about SSK?
He seems like a good choice for common ground. Does Nati have a read on him yet?
In post 1386, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1020, Stuffed Crust wrote:OK HERE GOES THE CATCHUP~~~
In post 159, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 146, Stuffed Crust wrote:bro is scum guys let's go!
IF bro is scum, he's playing nothing like his 165 or xenoblade self. He's also put himself into a position where he's dead meat if he's scum.
Can you explain what you mean here?
In post 284, KoreanBBQ wrote:So my brain feels like its half broken so
How many posts of SC was Varsoon?
If there was more than one of his posts, im voting him.
stop pretending like you didn't know it was me, and not varsoon.

generic is town i think. I'm happy to say that for now. #294 sealed it for me.

@Casso
- thor in particular here, why did you townread us early on in 306?
I think it's strange given your #335. whats up with that?

this is all i can manage because this fucking computer is horrendously slow. like it's being run by fucking hamsters.

this was Mac. have a nice day. x
Thor townread you by #305 because he felt you were the only person to do something significant in the game so far because you had a suspect, called him scum, and pushed it. No one else did that by that point in the game.

My #335 was probably expressing concern with how quickly BRO had crept up in a couple of townreads, but I didn't see anything big in BRO ISO until he said he had no idea what he was doing. That seemed unlikely based on NY whatever and touhou.
In post 1397, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1274, MC Maraca wrote:
Town:

1. Tammy - More mara's read than mine.
2. geists (fferyllt + Natirasha) -mostly cabd head; you should be ashamed I beat you to a reads list.
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) oh hey these scumfucks snuck into my townblock?
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - mara's read
11. BROseidon - I have my reasons
10. pieguyn - you're not nearly as innocent child status as i'd like though
19. Cephrir - Mara has him down as super duper town
18. DOMO - Meta; being scum with him in 165

Meh:

6. Generic- not as obvtown as I would have hoped, will make mara sort later
9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - Half of varsoon's shit has pinged me, I dunno.
8. MafiaSSK - the higher level of activity here as opposed to his past town games makes me wonder things.
15. Sakura Hana - Do something super town so I can put you up a rank please.
17. zMuffinMan- I can't read you for shit so I guess I'll just have to wait and see; nothing jumps out so far.

Not so Town:

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - Mara disagrees slightly
12. Brian Skies - The dismal amount of effort you're bringing here scares me.
20. Desperado - I'm not seeing the OMG PASSION town desp brings to games. I see "meh make a few posts" then coasting from the Atlantic to the Pacific
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - the lack of effort here is surprising me and actually kind of making me sad, worried the fuck out of me

In this game?

7. roflcopter - Bitching about large amounts of posts when that's how some players read each other won't get you anywhere
14. goodmorning - START DOING SHIT LIKE OMG
16. pitoli - SEE GOODMORNING
...?
In post 1401, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1384, geists wrote:Laptop died and I'm posting on a crappy netbook so this is not going to be as detailed as I'd otherwise make it.

At the time when Nati and I first started to feel suspicious of Nacho it was for a bunch of reasons, none of which was really a clincher but together make a constellation that we feel is trouble.

We don't like how he apparently missed a ton of crumbs

We don't like how he seems to be currying favor with players rather than sorting them

We don't like the pitoli vote and especially don't like its timing. It came off like he was trying to deflect attention after we first went after him.

We don't like how he tried to push the non-aggression pact on us.

We don't like the whole tone of the exchange with Brian. The whole tone of that sounded off.

And we found Thor's posts pretty damn close to null content.

And finally, we don't like that when we asked him what he thought about SSK, he said that he was thinking about moving his vote there if Thor agrees. That was off for two reasons: the assumption that we were scumreading, not trying to sort SSK, and because he deferred the decision waiting for a catch up. That's not something he typically does as a hydra.
-I am picking up on less crumbs than I normally would because iPad. I also don't think that's a scumtell for me.

-I am currently considering going back to the Pitoli vote. The timing coincided more with my entrance in thread than your suspicion of me, though.

-Why not? The only advantage it offers me as scum is the towncred. I offered it originally because I thought Cabd would appreciate the gesture, but he apparently didn't get it.

-don't understand where tone was off there.

-I thought Nati was scumreading SSK and I was pretty ready to move forward on that. I'm no better at sorting him than ffery is and so thought the method of approach to him this game was to leave him in Nati hands. You are correct that I usually don't wait to sync up as a hydra. Thor is not my usual hydra partner; my usual hydra partner is someone like you or GiF who can see why I'm thinking what I'm thinking and doesn't diverge on my most basic of reads. There are other hydrate where i take primary control and thus don't differ much from my usual play. Then there are hydrate like Majiffy where our approaches differ in a way where my play needs to change significantly. With him, I tend to exert my personality over his since my reads are superior to his, hence Vegito and ridiculous aggression. With Thor, the biggest thing I want this hydra to give me is a greater understanding of him and for him to understand these pieces of our meta a little more. I don't think playing in the usual way will help me with that, and am much more comfortable with waiting for him than I am not waiting for him.
In post 1403, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1398, DOMO wrote:Do we really have to post walls and put a question mark up to make it look like you're scumhunting? This is bullshit.

I like ffery's post on casso, and this flurry of activity does not look like town trying to catch up, it looks like someone trying to present themself as a busy townie.

vote casso

I'm feeling better about ffery right now, and a casso scumflip would cement that.
Cabd or ffery should understand what the question mark was about.

The "flurry of activity" is me catching up on an iPad.
In post 1405, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I know I'm town but I don't think I'm likelier to pick up on crumbs as town than I am as scum.
In post 1407, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I don't just read when I catch up. It's inconvenient to read through and then read through again and try to find the things I want to respond to again.
In post 1414, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1410, DOMO wrote:
In post 1405, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I know I'm town but I don't think I'm likelier to pick up on crumbs as town than I am as scum.
Sorry I missed it, it didn't come up in pedit.

I don't buy it. I'd be a lot more assertive if someone was claiming something I just did as town was a scum tell. I have been in this very game. Yeah you're scum.
I'm not as assertive as you and Tammy are about my towniness. I don't think that me not picking up on crumbs is a scumtell or a town tell or why ffery was thinking that it was. It could be one of those scumtells that I don't know about, so it's not the type of thing I can reject outright. I don't think it is, though.
In post 1416, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Tammy saying that she is town is a town tell for her. Saying it doesn't mean she is town.
In post 1420, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1418, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Nacho, what is your read on Geists considering their case on you? Do you think they are town and wrong, or are they scum for it?
Town and wrong. Pushing me is one of the most reliable town tells ffery has, and this feels like a decent push.
In post 1425, Casso the King of Seals wrote:-This is fair.
-Why didn't it make sense before?
-He usually has a better eye for things like that.
-I can't say I can call it a "hard edge", but I felt something was off about him initially. I thought his later posts cleared up him not picking up on what I expected him to, so I began the process of backing off. What are you talking about?
-Usually an open ended query to a strong scumread is the beginning of a major momentum shift, which would be caused by something like a smoking gun scumread on SSK from Nati. Why is misinterpreting your intentions a scumtell?
In post 1427, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1422, geists wrote:
In post 1414, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1410, DOMO wrote:
Sorry I missed it, it didn't come up in pedit.

I don't buy it. I'd be a lot more assertive if someone was claiming something I just did as town was a scum tell. I have been in this very game. Yeah you're scum.
I'm not as assertive as you and Tammy are about my towniness. I don't think that me not picking up on crumbs is a scumtell or a town tell or why ffery was thinking that it was. It could be one of those scumtells that I don't know about, so it's not the type of thing I can reject outright. I don't think it is, though.
Like I said above, missing the crumbs almost pales compared to missing the effect the crumbs had on other players.

I flew by one, got FoSed for it, went back, over-estimated what it was about, tested that, and eventually had a working hypothesis. That was one ripple of many.

You didn't react to any of that.
I didn't react to any of it because I didn't notice it. I picked up on some of the waves crashing on shore but missed the ripples, meaning that the majority of my reactions are questions, which are the types of things I would rather keep to myself.
In post 1428, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1426, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1418, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Nacho, what is your read on Geists considering their case on you? Do you think they are town and wrong, or are they scum for it?
Town and wrong. Pushing me is one of the most reliable town tells ffery has, and this feels like a decent push.
Can you give examples where you were both town and ffery was wrong about you? I want to compare.
I'm not sure these examples exist. Ffery and I are hitting a bit of an uncharted territory in our relationship.
In post 1429, Casso the King of Seals wrote:She would know better than I would, though.
In post 1436, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1432, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1401, Casso the King of Seals wrote:-I am picking up on less crumbs than I normally would because iPad. I also don't think that's a scumtell for me.
...an iPad makes you worse at reading?

dafuq?
I am not as careful as I would be on a bigger screen/when I would have more time to read and play mafia. iPad takes longer to post and thus I rush a little more when I play on it.
In post 1437, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1433, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1428, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1426, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Can you give examples where you were both town and ffery was wrong about you? I want to compare.
I'm not sure these examples exist. Ffery and I are hitting a bit of an uncharted territory in our relationship.
Okay. And what are those "waves crashing on the shore" that you picked up while missing the "ripples?" Which players were you referring to?
I won't comment, considering crumbs.
In post 1446, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Domo is meh; I have liked a lot of his posting but nothing in it so far stands out and a few of his pushes seem a bit strange (see: push on me where he kind of follows your push on me but not really).

Stuffed Crust is higher considering Mactown.

Sakura/Muffin lower, Sakura mainly based on lack of doing things and Muffin because I didn't like talah posts and muffin has been pretty underwhelming so far. Brian meh leaning town based on his reaction to the gambit, F-16 town because of the gambit.

The lurkers are all in the scum slot for me, with a few maybe not push moments for good morning.
In post 1681, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1448, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1446, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Sakura mainly based on lack of doing things
Well sorry but i haven't been motivated to play much mafia in general, lately i dont get as much fun as i used to, and it doesn't help bundled up with my real life issues (which is why im on V/LA)
You can always rant about real life things to me! I know we are not hydraing, but the Mononoke QT is always open!
In post 1682, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1461, MC Maraca wrote:I would like each player that reacted to my fakeclaim to claim if they were playing along, or if they thought I was actually claiming masons, though.
I thought you were serious :(
In post 1689, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1522, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1519, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1518, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1462, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1451, BROseidon wrote:Anyone from Xenogears who didn't catch it deserves scrutiny, though.
Why do you expect town to "catch it?" From experience, I find town are a lot more oblivious to PR claims although it depends on the player.
was pretty explicit
I think I am missing something. Why wouldn't scum who played the gears game catch the same thing?
If I were scum reading that, I would try to ignore it as much as possible, townread the two people masoning for other reasons, then shoot it at night in the midgame before they're revealed. Especially since they might have also picked up that I crumbed mason-bodyguard, not just mason, so they'd assume I might die protecting a target anyways.

That's the point; anyone who didn't phone in on it seems like they were trying to ignore it b/c it was fairly explicit.
Scum picking up on masons can go "hey guys I see you", leave them alive if they wouldn't warrant a night kill normally then kill them when revealed so it looks like scum didn't know. That's a hell of a lot better than feigning ignorance.
In post 1691, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1542, DOMO wrote:
In post 1524, Stuffed Crust wrote:No, I'm saying that legitimately thinking/perpetuating the idea that I'm scum when you've got no evidence for it and haven't articulated a case for it is awkward.
No evidence? Jesus Christ dude, it's d1. Where's your "evidence" that I'm scum? I have a gut read you're scum. That's as good as anyone is getting today because there's nothing else to go on. Welcome to d1. So no, I haven't got any evidence, no more than anyone else has on anyone. I've explained what makes me *think* you're scum. I notice you're asking people to sheep you onto me. This is something else I don't like, that I consider scummy. I'll tell people who I think are scum, but I won't try and move other people vote's onto the wagon I'm on, because that's not very pro-town, it's effectively like saying "I'm right you're wrong". How can you be so sure?
In post 1524, Stuffed Crust wrote:You're pretty predictable, too. I knew you'd respond with the whole "lining up mislynches" thing as I was writing that.
Well why don't you explain how me flipping town suddenly looks bad for desperado, when it's his case you seem to be jumping on?
In post 1524, Stuffed Crust wrote:Given this and the fact that you're grasping at commenting on anything else that's happening as of late makes me believe that you're trying to escape my persecution. You won't. I'm clamped onto your ass like a pitbull.
This is chest beating. I don't consider this to be much of a town tell. If you were town, there's no way you can feel this confident you bagged scum on d1.
In post 1524, Stuffed Crust wrote:I'm very confident that you are scum based on your interactions with me
Well you better start thinking about how you're going to pretend to be shocked.
In post 1524, Stuffed Crust wrote:and then, yes, I'd be pushing a wagon on Desperado
This doesn't make sense to set up your target a day in advance when there's lots that can happen overnight. I haven't got a clue who I'm going after tomorrow if we lynch you and you flip town. There's too many factors for me to consider that now. So why are you thinking so far ahead? When you first put your vote on me, you're already thinking in terms of DOMO vs desperado.

Yeah I think you're scum who seized on a town vs town war.
Asking someone to sheep you isn't actually that scummy; it demonstrates conviction in reads which is pretty much never a bad thing. You know for a fact that you can have more than vague gut D1, as evidenced by Xenoblade and strong confident scumreads on 2.

I see your point in lining up lynches, but that's more of a Varsoon thing as opposed to anything else (he did the same thing in Ngame).
In post 1692, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1546, Stuffed Crust wrote:I don't care if I die in the process, I'll expose you and your scum-buddies.
I don't care if I look retarded or idiotic or whatever, I'm going to pin scum.
DOMO, I think you're scum. Your defense of yourself keeps pushing an offense of me, setting me up as some kind of opponent of yours. You're actively scumpainting me with your posts.
Instead of defending yourself, you're attacking me.
And, really, what threat do I pose to you?
I'm town. All I can fucking do is vote and make noise.
So, why are you trying to quell that noise?
What about it is so threatening?
If you're town, wouldn't you just brush it off?

P-EDIT:
I am town, so you can stop being an asshole and saying otherwise.

-V
DOMO, I am surprised that you didn't townread this. It has all of the "I am town I am town" conviction that you talked about earlier, doesn't it?
In post 1693, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1558, MC Maraca wrote:Nacho, what did you do? why is C calling you guys scum?
I didn't pick up on his crumb.
In post 1694, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1569, Sakura Hana wrote:Also i'm not liking how Varsoon has to repeat in each of his posts "I'm town" "I'm gonna flip town" rather than actually being town >_>

PEd: Convenient for me unconvenient for you.

PEd2: That's looking good to me, all those people will be obvtown to me when you flip scum :P
A lot of people do that. Why do you think it's suspicious? Why isn't he being town?
In post 1695, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1571, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1566, Stuffed Crust wrote: On the other, DOMO feels really genuine in response.
Gurl lookit dat 180
I find magical 180s for no real reason to be pretty town, actually.
In post 1696, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1649, Desperado wrote:
In post 1567, Stuffed Crust wrote:EBWOP:
Add Sakura to the people I'm suspicious of.
If I had to make a scum-pool now, though?

Pieguyn,
Sakura,
Desperado,
Casso.

Feels right to me.
Vote: Stuffed Crust

what happened to you being sure that one of Korean/SSK was scum Varsoon?

you know who likes to create arbitrary dichotomies? scum.

what's weird about my voting pattern?

and you saying this reeks of scum-desp is seriously the fucking dumbest thing you have ever said. justify it
He also created arbitrary dichotomies in Ngame.
Why are you voting them?
In post 1697, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Sakura playfulness makes her look better although it isn't the sort of thing I should be toe reading.
In post 1699, Casso the King of Seals wrote:If I were a voting man, I'd vote pitoli desperado or muffin (desperado).
In post 1703, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I expected muffin to come in with more blazing glory. Right now he feels more like he did in touhou as opposed to him as the tracer of rails.
In post 1704, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1702, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Nacho, have you developed the full Nacho-reads-list yet (complete with "town+", "town" and "leftovers?"

Also, why Pitoli, or Muffin (Talah)?
It's in my head but it's not written down anywhere!
Pitoli is still concerning me for not even showing up.
In post 1708, Casso the King of Seals wrote:No. I wouldn't cry if you responded to the other things though!
In post 1709, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1705, Stuffed Crust wrote:I don't think him being lazy is a particular scumtell and I find it weird that you would think it is.
It's a scumtell in certain situations. This might be one of them.
lol, Thor is more than a little confident and stuff. this isn't as bad as what I remember him being. Might be the seals

Here are your Nacho posts
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:13 am

Post by MC Maraca »

holy shit, I should have spoilered that
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:14 am

Post by MC Maraca »

I can be a wingate, if that's what you want

because they are the gateway to winning?
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:15 am

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 1833, Generic wrote:
In post 1820, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Okay, we'll toss Tammy off the board for a while and I will live in continued awareness that one of my foibles in being town is I expect everyone to be able to do what I do when I'm scum, and apparently that's actually quite rare.
You should scrub yourself til you bleed after you posted that.

I felt dirty just requoting it :(
Why?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

I don't even feel like I want to debate Desp.
His case is silly - anyone who thinks otherwise can tell me why.
I don't expect a bunch of feet stampeding towards my door on that one.

Can we just get a Dayvig in here to end this all, the day is monstrous and I don't think anyone is being functional anymore. We need consensus and an L-1.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:25 am

Post by MC Maraca »

Now look at who's running away!
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:26 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

Jeepers Creepers, put that behind a spoiler= tag or somethin'!~

In post 1838, Desperado wrote:
In post 1837, Stuffed Crust wrote:My initial call of SSK/BBQ having scum in it wasn't arbitrary, either.
so what else do you have to justify the stance
other than it reminds you of xenogears
?
When I came into the game, there was a 4/4 split between two wagons with strong, vocal players on both.
The wagons were cross-voted.

I don't even mention that it reminds me of Xenogears until post 1111.
I guess you ignore how I mentioned ISO-diving both players in the same post, as that wouldn't be very conducive to mention given what I've bolded in your quote.

In retrospect, it's pretty obvious that I was trying to pressure a wagon and get consensus on the state of affairs way more than I was trying to make a strong push against a player, so there's that to consider, too.

But hey, like I said in 1117, If I give you purpose, then I'm happy. :3

-V
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Empire »

Ser Arthur Dayne replaces pitoli.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In fact, looking over a lot of my interaction when I came in, it feels really telling. I pressured a couple of players who then crossed their arms and hopped on my wagon for pretty poor reasons.

YOU CAN'T SHUT ME UP, H8RS
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:28 am

Post by geists »

Happy Birthday Empire!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”