NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:51 am

Post by Generic »

Hey Nacho, you got a new laptop now?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 11, Brian Skies wrote:F-0 is scum too.
Casso and I agree that your push here was pretty sad. It saddens me because your reaction to it is the complete opposite to my reaction, and it saddens my lovely bearded partner because you didn't drop your RVS push for something better when you found it.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:52 am

Nope. I only have a tablet.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:54 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 322, geists wrote:I''m not sure if it was Nero or GiF who asked the question about how quickly I read him. I kinda think Nero.
It was the Korean spy.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Generic »

Why do you think my grammar 90% of the time is shocking? Im playing the majority of the time off the iphone.

Anyway, since this is the 27 game in a row we have both signed up for you whats your opening feelings on our Mara? You and I fell out over the reading of her in a previous game so im wondering if we are heading for something similar here... I will get my kickboxing gear on if necessary ;)
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Generic »

The above post was to Nacho
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:59 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

generic, what is your main account?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 am

In post 13, Brian Skies wrote:You're scum doing this with only your best intentions in mind. It's anti-town. You need rope, but I'm already voting my other scum-read.
How is it antitown? The plan essentially gives him three days freedom as scum. This freedom is also time that I'm left alive to rampage all over the scumteam in typical Nacho fashion when he could instead just dodge me for a day and kill me in a night. He has also demonstrated the capacity to read me pretty fucking well based on the past few times we've played together, so it makes sense he would want to buy extra time to figure me out (considering he tends to be a kill priority for scum-Nacho).
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 am

Calm your horses generic, still reading.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:01 am

Post by Generic »

In post 331, KoreanBBQ wrote:generic, what is your main account?
This one :neutral:
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:03 am

In post 29, BROseidon wrote:Just to let everyone know this game is a town win.
I was hoping you drew scum :(
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:04 am

In post 39, Cephrir wrote:Brian Skies is town.
geists is town.
F16 is town.
Generic is town.

Discuss.
Why geists and Brian town at this point?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:07 am

Thor liked MC's opening but it wasn't actually that great.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:13 am

In post 55, Tammy wrote:So, the first person to correctly guess what I imagine empires reaction was when he saw what random.org assigned me gets a special super secrettm prize.

I'd appreciate the guesses in gifs by the way!

VOTE: casso king of the seals

Two quote stripers is not better than one:(
He was probably looking forward to seeing your emotional breakdown in the scum QT when I nailed the hell out of you, then had his hopes dashed when he saw you rolled town. I told him to give you scum regardless of what the numbers said but empires a better man than I am I guess :(
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:14 am

In post 73, Tammy wrote:
In post 17, Generic wrote:
vote tammy

Because she hates me.

How many times do I have to tell you I don't hate you.

I've gotten aggravated with you, but if you can find one person on this site I haven't gotten aggravated with, I'll bake you cookies. ( that kinda makes me feel like a bitch saying that actually when I'm just really a fucking sweetheart who has a tendency to get a tad emotional)
You've never been even mildly aggravated with me!
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:16 am

Post by geists »

In post 324, Generic wrote:
In post 322, geists wrote:You invoked me, and I'm here. I assumed you wanted back and forth, not a wall.

1. The early pages of a game make me think of a pack of dogs checking each other out, sniffing butts, etc. They hold still for a moment, and then either they bare teeth and growl, or the ears go back and they're friends. This game, for whatever reason, I feel like I'm first in line to be checked out and I'm putting up with it in fairly good humor so far. I stress "so far" because overall my mood this weekend is pretty stormy, and that's going to bleed into most if not all of my games.

2. I''m not sure if it was Nero or GiF who asked the question about how quickly I read him. I kinda think Nero. The stuff of reads comes under my personal heading of "arms race". Unless I am actually making a case for someone being town or scum, I don't get very specific about exactly how easy players are to read or specifically what I"m looking for in players I am familiar with.

3. Also, both players know me and know how accurate my reads have been historically. GiF knows me quite well, given the number of games we've played, including our hydra games. I'm not giving him anything more than I must in terms of how to go about getting townreads from me. He's already too good at it. There are a couple of recent games where I townread him when he was scum. Though in one, he was hydraing with Nacho, and the townread had a pretty high nacho component. :/

4. Anyway. Any player who asks me in the early game how easy they are to read is going to get handwaving and bullshit when I'm town. When I'm scum, I might actually make something plausible up because it's the easier, less attention-attracting path.

1. You are preaching to the choir on that one, I am mr emotional play, ask natirasha on that front. So if you feel like getting snarky with me go ahead, just be prepared for me to bring similar back if im on a dark cloud day :p
Snark is pretty much one of my signatures as a player. Nacho has some theories about how the nature of the snark correlates with my alignment, but I feel like it's actually a moving target atm, and is always pretty context-specific.
2. OK, that sort of explains the vagueness of the response. I would point out I agree at such an early stage in the game full reads on people are pointless and you can only get gut reads or leanings at best (even worse that most of the day so far has been RVS)... It was however only a question of how quickly you read them rather than what your read currently was so you could have just left it at 'fairly quickly, will tell you when I have something of note on you'.
I could have, but this isn't just about answering them (or in this exchange, just about answering you). I'm putting down some data about my approach to the game for players who don't know me that well.
3. Again this is good to know and seems from the heart, but completely irrelevant to the situation you were answering at the time. These guys who know how accurate you have been in the past have asked you how quickly you read them and you didn't just answer that but create a series of get outs that covers you in case you are put on the spot over it later.
I guarantee I'll have an emphatic read on them well before this game day ends. I hope it's also an accurate read.
4. THIS is closer to an actual explanation, and does begin to explain the comments of others pointing to my lack of play time with yourself... Why bother with 2 and 3 when 1 and 4 would have covered a starting point to our discussion?
Because that's how my thought process works. And because as I mentioned in answer to your (2) I'm not answering this only for you.
Laughably I actually am starting to think you ffery and I have similar mindsets with regards to mafia games and how we approach them/post in them... I wonder if that will translate into a better understanding of eachothers mindset as we move forwards.
Maybe. I'm a pretty un-self-aware player in terms of understanding specifically what I do that leads to particular players townreading or scumreading me. I play in body-of-work mode. I don't expect someone to read a single post and think TOWNTOWNTOWN. I make up for it with trajectory, mostly. Except where it doesn't make sense, I keep my stances pretty transparent. Though incoming stance changes sometimes aren't well telegraphed, they are usually well-formed once they hit the thread.
Answer me this as best as you can. If I had posted the following would you have raised an eyebrow:

"I think I can get a good read on Mara because I have played many games with her and generally can tell her alignment withing the first day or so... but then again I usually misread her scum games as town."

Because that above is me basically saying I can read Mara but only when she is town... and therefore basically always townread her. And that's exactly how your comment on GIF felt.
It depends on where in the thread a comment like that happens. I do tune in when I sense hedginess in an actual read. But, ability to read is something that's verifiable either via other players, or via meta dive if I think it's research-worthy. And it depends on whether Mara objects to the statement.

And that's probably the main driver to why I said what I said the way I said it. Nero knows that I've never played with him when he was scum. he knows I usually get a decent townread early unless there's something that seems off about his game. He also knows that until I figured some things out about his town game I was by default scumreading him, and I actively pursued his lynch during the first game day of our first 2 games together. If I were to express confidence that I'll easily spot scum-him I'd expect him to challenge me.

Same with my comments about GiF. If they aren't accurate or at least defensible, then I expect him to take me to task.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:16 am

Oh wait wait wait golden quote from hydra QT (paraphrased, of course): "Tammy vote on us is probably just because she wants attention". This is going to be an amazing game.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:22 am

Post by geists »

Oh hell you drew scum.

VOTE: Casso
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:27 am

In post 145, Cephrir wrote:
In post 140, BROseidon wrote:pedit3: Ceph, don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you.
Maybe I can do that. We'll see.

This is also my shtick :(
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:27 am

In post 342, geists wrote:Oh hell you drew scum.

Nope!
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:30 am

Post by geists »

In post 344, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 342, geists wrote:Oh hell you drew scum.

Nope!
Strongest off notes since Buzzword, Nacho. "Nope!" doesnt' offset that.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:31 am

Where are my off notes?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:35 am

Post by geists »

In post 346, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Where are my off notes?
Your focus on Brian.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:35 am

In post 220, Cephrir wrote:
In post 218, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 215, Cephrir wrote:Oh boy, Ms Marangal has arrived.

How long will it take her to stop voting me this time?
Maybe, if you learned how to make yourself Obv town, I wouldn't be voting you!
If I ever obvtown this early, I'm probably scum.

It's like you forget about the past every time I start another game with you.
This felt town.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:38 am

In post 347, geists wrote:
In post 346, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Where are my off notes?
Your focus on Brian.
What about it?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”