NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Desperado »

but that's the 2nd time Varsoon has been "certain" that an arbitrary 1v1 was town/scum

it's bullshit
;)
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:18 am

Post by geists »

In post 1652, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1526, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:And why would the optimal response from town who caught the crumb be any different? Wouldn't they also townread the two players for other reasons and leave it be? It is suboptimal to say anything about the crumb. What exactly do you mean "phone in on it?"
Respond the way ffery did, which is to acknowledge it subtly enough that the message would slip through only to me/Cabd/other townies in the know.

You're talking to the guy who used a cross-game reference to slip a large amount of information about an incredibly relevant setup issue to one person in a 19 person game. There are ways of doing this sort of thing in a way that's obfuscated enough that most people won't pick up on it.
You understand that I would have to respond pretty much exactly that way no matter what my alignment, right?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:19 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1673, Desperado wrote:nope
Then why are you using the same argument against Varsoon that scum-you used against me in Xenogears?

pedit: not really, I play day 1 predominantly by small-scale associative tells to try to build out the larger game narrative.

pedit2: that's because you're forced to respond in the pro-town way to avoid looking scummy. It's like how I can't question day 1 miller/pgo/hated/etc claims until at least day 2-3 because if I do it day 1 then I'm obviously scum.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 1343, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1341, Stuffed Crust wrote:
In post 1147, Cephrir wrote: Whaddaya know, SSK is posturing to suspect me later.
coming back to this, why did you say later in this phrase, cephrir?
Because...that's...what happened...???
why would SSK be posturing to suspect you later, rather than now? later is defined as a period of time, so what are you expecting to happen "later" ?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:20 am

Post by geists »

Cabd, how are you feeling about Sakura?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:21 am

Post by BROseidon »

woohoo am now fully caught up, just in time to board my plane!
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 1448, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1446, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Sakura mainly based on lack of doing things
Well sorry but i haven't been motivated to play much mafia in general, lately i dont get as much fun as i used to, and it doesn't help bundled up with my real life issues (which is why im on V/LA)
You can always rant about real life things to me! I know we are not hydraing, but the Mononoke QT is always open!
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:23 am

In post 1461, MC Maraca wrote:I would like each player that reacted to my fakeclaim to claim if they were playing along, or if they thought I was actually claiming masons, though.
I thought you were serious :(
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Well i can rant about you how my boss has been harsh on me the past couple weeks and sometimes even threatening with firing me and has been keeping me really stressed and the fact that im not going to get any sort of vacations until next year isnt really reasurring.

Tho at least he had the heart to let me take a few days off when i was stricken with a cold.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:26 am

In post 1468, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1467, MC Maraca wrote:Nacho missing it even though I was overly obvious about it in several different posts is what gives me shivers about him.
Especially given how MAJOR it was as a part of the victory in said xenogears game.
I was pretty slow to pick up on it there as well. Why does a victory in another game mean that I'm more likely to pick up on similar crumbs in the next one as town but not as scum?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:26 am

In post 1683, Sakura Hana wrote:Well i can rant about you how my boss has been harsh on me the past couple weeks and sometimes even threatening with firing me and has been keeping me really stressed and the fact that im not going to get any sort of vacations until next year isnt really reasurring.

Tho at least he had the heart to let me take a few days off when i was stricken with a cold.
Your boss sounds like a massive dick.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1669, Stuffed Crust wrote:CEPHRIR WHY DO YOU KEEP TRYING TO SHUT ME UP OR DISENFRANCHISE MY VOICE EVERY TIME I WRITE SOMETHING IN REGARDS TO OTHER PLAYERS WHO I AM PUSHING?
ITS BUGGING ME.
Hi, I'm Cephrir. I like to jump in the middle of other people's lines of questioning.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:32 am

In post 1485, zMuffinMan wrote:
pieguy wrote:if there's one person in this game I can trust to read you correctly, who do you think it probably is?
*shrug*

i expect once i actually get in the game, some players should be able to pick up on obvious cues i'm town, but your guess is as good as mine
In post 1488, Desperado wrote:
In post 1404, DOMO wrote:
In post 1401, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I also don't think that's a scumtell for me.
Nice scumclaim. Don't think? You should KNOW if you're town.

Yeah I feel really good about this lynch now.
this is so bad

but nacho's meek response to such a retarded accusation did not sit well with me either

why did you even entertain Domo on this Nacho?
I understood why my reaction bothered him, meaning there was a point that could be addressed behind the dirty words.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:34 am

In post 1496, DOMO wrote:I think I'm wrong about desperado.

Not SC though.

vote stuffed crust
Why on both?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:38 am

In post 1522, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1519, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1518, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1462, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1451, BROseidon wrote:Anyone from Xenogears who didn't catch it deserves scrutiny, though.
Why do you expect town to "catch it?" From experience, I find town are a lot more oblivious to PR claims although it depends on the player.
was pretty explicit
I think I am missing something. Why wouldn't scum who played the gears game catch the same thing?
If I were scum reading that, I would try to ignore it as much as possible, townread the two people masoning for other reasons, then shoot it at night in the midgame before they're revealed. Especially since they might have also picked up that I crumbed mason-bodyguard, not just mason, so they'd assume I might die protecting a target anyways.

That's the point; anyone who didn't phone in on it seems like they were trying to ignore it b/c it was fairly explicit.
Scum picking up on masons can go "hey guys I see you", leave them alive if they wouldn't warrant a night kill normally then kill them when revealed so it looks like scum didn't know. That's a hell of a lot better than feigning ignorance.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:41 am

Post by geists »

Hey why are we voting for based Varsoon again?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:44 am

In post 1542, DOMO wrote:
In post 1524, Stuffed Crust wrote:No, I'm saying that legitimately thinking/perpetuating the idea that I'm scum when you've got no evidence for it and haven't articulated a case for it is awkward.
No evidence? Jesus Christ dude, it's d1. Where's your "evidence" that I'm scum? I have a gut read you're scum. That's as good as anyone is getting today because there's nothing else to go on. Welcome to d1. So no, I haven't got any evidence, no more than anyone else has on anyone. I've explained what makes me *think* you're scum. I notice you're asking people to sheep you onto me. This is something else I don't like, that I consider scummy. I'll tell people who I think are scum, but I won't try and move other people vote's onto the wagon I'm on, because that's not very pro-town, it's effectively like saying "I'm right you're wrong". How can you be so sure?
In post 1524, Stuffed Crust wrote:You're pretty predictable, too. I knew you'd respond with the whole "lining up mislynches" thing as I was writing that.
Well why don't you explain how me flipping town suddenly looks bad for desperado, when it's his case you seem to be jumping on?
In post 1524, Stuffed Crust wrote:Given this and the fact that you're grasping at commenting on anything else that's happening as of late makes me believe that you're trying to escape my persecution. You won't. I'm clamped onto your ass like a pitbull.
This is chest beating. I don't consider this to be much of a town tell. If you were town, there's no way you can feel this confident you bagged scum on d1.
In post 1524, Stuffed Crust wrote:I'm very confident that you are scum based on your interactions with me
Well you better start thinking about how you're going to pretend to be shocked.
In post 1524, Stuffed Crust wrote:and then, yes, I'd be pushing a wagon on Desperado
This doesn't make sense to set up your target a day in advance when there's lots that can happen overnight. I haven't got a clue who I'm going after tomorrow if we lynch you and you flip town. There's too many factors for me to consider that now. So why are you thinking so far ahead? When you first put your vote on me, you're already thinking in terms of DOMO vs desperado.

Yeah I think you're scum who seized on a town vs town war.
Asking someone to sheep you isn't actually that scummy; it demonstrates conviction in reads which is pretty much never a bad thing. You know for a fact that you can have more than vague gut D1, as evidenced by Xenoblade and strong confident scumreads on 2.

I see your point in lining up lynches, but that's more of a Varsoon thing as opposed to anything else (he did the same thing in Ngame).
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:45 am

In post 1546, Stuffed Crust wrote:I don't care if I die in the process, I'll expose you and your scum-buddies.
I don't care if I look retarded or idiotic or whatever, I'm going to pin scum.
DOMO, I think you're scum. Your defense of yourself keeps pushing an offense of me, setting me up as some kind of opponent of yours. You're actively scumpainting me with your posts.
Instead of defending yourself, you're attacking me.
And, really, what threat do I pose to you?
I'm town. All I can fucking do is vote and make noise.
So, why are you trying to quell that noise?
What about it is so threatening?
If you're town, wouldn't you just brush it off?

P-EDIT:
I am town, so you can stop being an asshole and saying otherwise.

-V
DOMO, I am surprised that you didn't townread this. It has all of the "I am town I am town" conviction that you talked about earlier, doesn't it?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:47 am

In post 1558, MC Maraca wrote:Nacho, what did you do? why is C calling you guys scum?
I didn't pick up on his crumb.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:51 am

In post 1569, Sakura Hana wrote:Also i'm not liking how Varsoon has to repeat in each of his posts "I'm town" "I'm gonna flip town" rather than actually being town >_>

PEd: Convenient for me unconvenient for you.

PEd2: That's looking good to me, all those people will be obvtown to me when you flip scum :P
A lot of people do that. Why do you think it's suspicious? Why isn't he being town?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:52 am

In post 1571, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1566, Stuffed Crust wrote: On the other, DOMO feels really genuine in response.
Gurl lookit dat 180
I find magical 180s for no real reason to be pretty town, actually.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:55 am

In post 1649, Desperado wrote:
In post 1567, Stuffed Crust wrote:EBWOP:
Add Sakura to the people I'm suspicious of.
If I had to make a scum-pool now, though?

Pieguyn,
Sakura,
Desperado,
Casso.

Feels right to me.
Vote: Stuffed Crust

what happened to you being sure that one of Korean/SSK was scum Varsoon?

you know who likes to create arbitrary dichotomies? scum.

what's weird about my voting pattern?

and you saying this reeks of scum-desp is seriously the fucking dumbest thing you have ever said. justify it
He also created arbitrary dichotomies in Ngame.
Why are you voting them?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:56 am

Sakura playfulness makes her look better although it isn't the sort of thing I should be toe reading.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

so I'm still back on page 23 or something ridiculous. DOMO's attack on SSK upon entry wasn't good; it was pretty fucking plausible that SSK had been keeping up with the game up until his replace-in (unlike some of us...) and yet DOMO decided to push that his reads were bullshit based on them coming 16 minutes after replacing in.

and fuck it I'm skipping 40 pages. DEALWITHIT

domo's push on casso is absolutely fucking terrible for "scumclaiming" :/
In post 1411, MC Maraca wrote: This is not what I expected you to respond with. I'm sorry not-sorry you're gonna get to be 2 a la xenoblade this game.
this was my first thoughts about Thorcho when I seen Nacho spamming the thread up.
In post 1479, pieguyn wrote:holy shit you rolled scum didn't you
what about those 2 posts made you think he was scum? because I thought his laidbackness felt quite town but I can't read muffin for all the money in the world.
In post 1562, Sakura Hana wrote:So varsoon's lining lynches and thinks that's a pro-town move to do? jesus

Unvote
Vote: SC

You're lining up lynches by putting doubt into your own read on DOMO, "if he's town desp is scum" then you question him when he says that he doesn't
know
that you're scum but rather
thinks
you're scum?
yuck

yada yada yada. these last few pages have bored me. when can we start lynching scum rather thank making pushes on varsoon for being varsoon?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:00 am

If I were a voting man, I'd vote pitoli desperado or muffin (desperado).

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”