NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 1399, Cephrir wrote:I'm not feeling great about Casso either at present, but my current vote is superior.
In the WRONG category!
WHAM!
BLIZAM!~

-V
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 1384, geists wrote:Laptop died and I'm posting on a crappy netbook so this is not going to be as detailed as I'd otherwise make it.

At the time when Nati and I first started to feel suspicious of Nacho it was for a bunch of reasons, none of which was really a clincher but together make a constellation that we feel is trouble.

We don't like how he apparently missed a ton of crumbs

We don't like how he seems to be currying favor with players rather than sorting them

We don't like the pitoli vote and especially don't like its timing. It came off like he was trying to deflect attention after we first went after him.

We don't like how he tried to push the non-aggression pact on us.

We don't like the whole tone of the exchange with Brian. The whole tone of that sounded off.

And we found Thor's posts pretty damn close to null content.

And finally, we don't like that when we asked him what he thought about SSK, he said that he was thinking about moving his vote there if Thor agrees. That was off for two reasons: the assumption that we were scumreading, not trying to sort SSK, and because he deferred the decision waiting for a catch up. That's not something he typically does as a hydra.
-I am picking up on less crumbs than I normally would because iPad. I also don't think that's a scumtell for me.

-I am currently considering going back to the Pitoli vote. The timing coincided more with my entrance in thread than your suspicion of me, though.

-Why not? The only advantage it offers me as scum is the towncred. I offered it originally because I thought Cabd would appreciate the gesture, but he apparently didn't get it.

-don't understand where tone was off there.

-I thought Nati was scumreading SSK and I was pretty ready to move forward on that. I'm no better at sorting him than ffery is and so thought the method of approach to him this game was to leave him in Nati hands. You are correct that I usually don't wait to sync up as a hydra. Thor is not my usual hydra partner; my usual hydra partner is someone like you or GiF who can see why I'm thinking what I'm thinking and doesn't diverge on my most basic of reads. There are other hydrate where i take primary control and thus don't differ much from my usual play. Then there are hydrate like Majiffy where our approaches differ in a way where my play needs to change significantly. With him, I tend to exert my personality over his since my reads are superior to his, hence Vegito and ridiculous aggression. With Thor, the biggest thing I want this hydra to give me is a greater understanding of him and for him to understand these pieces of our meta a little more. I don't think playing in the usual way will help me with that, and am much more comfortable with waiting for him than I am not waiting for him.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 31
DOMO (5)
-
BROseidon, Desperado, Sakura Hana, Stuffed Crust, Generic

KoreanBBQ (3)
-
MafiaSSK, Casso the King of Seals, roflcopter

Stuffed Crust (3)
-
pieguyn, Cephrir, KoreanBBQ

Casso the King of Seals (2)
-
geists, DOMO

roflcopter (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

MC Maraca (1)
-
pitoli

Generic (1)
-
goodmorning

Not Voting (4)
-
zMuffinMan, MC Maraca, Brian Skies, Tammy

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 20th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-20 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Ms Marangal head of MC Maraca is V/LA for a week. Sakura Hana is V/LA until Monday. pieguyn is V/LA until Friday.
Last edited by Empire on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:58 pm

In post 1398, DOMO wrote:Do we really have to post walls and put a question mark up to make it look like you're scumhunting? This is bullshit.

I like ffery's post on casso, and this flurry of activity does not look like town trying to catch up, it looks like someone trying to present themself as a busy townie.

vote casso

I'm feeling better about ffery right now, and a casso scumflip would cement that.
Cabd or ffery should understand what the question mark was about.

The "flurry of activity" is me catching up on an iPad.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 1401, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I also don't think that's a scumtell for me.
Nice scumclaim. Don't think? You should KNOW if you're town.

Yeah I feel really good about this lynch now.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:03 pm

I know I'm town but I don't think I'm likelier to pick up on crumbs as town than I am as scum.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 1403, Casso the King of Seals wrote:The "flurry of activity" is me catching up on an iPad.
When I catch up I just read, and reply to posts that are directed at me, or highlight posts that ping. That might just be a style thing, but ffery's case plus your "don't think" comment has me liking this more than varsoon, who I could just have problems reading.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:07 pm

I don't just read when I catch up. It's inconvenient to read through and then read through again and try to find the things I want to respond to again.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by DOMO »

Well that point is whatever.

Why do you "think" that not picking up on crumbs is not a scum tell?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Imperium »

We'll your flurry of activity is just adding more pages to the already behind pages i am and will have to catch up with when I stop grading for the night.

But they're better than quote stripes >_>
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 1405, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I know I'm town but I don't think I'm likelier to pick up on crumbs as town than I am as scum.
Sorry I missed it, it didn't come up in pedit.

I don't buy it. I'd be a lot more assertive if someone was claiming something I just did as town was a scum tell. I have been in this very game. Yeah you're scum.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 1397, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1274, MC Maraca wrote:
Town:

1. Tammy - More mara's read than mine.
2. geists (fferyllt + Natirasha) -mostly cabd head; you should be ashamed I beat you to a reads list.
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) oh hey these scumfucks snuck into my townblock?
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - mara's read
11. BROseidon - I have my reasons
10. pieguyn - you're not nearly as innocent child status as i'd like though
19. Cephrir - Mara has him down as super duper town
18. DOMO - Meta; being scum with him in 165

Meh:

6. Generic- not as obvtown as I would have hoped, will make mara sort later
9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - Half of varsoon's shit has pinged me, I dunno.
8. MafiaSSK - the higher level of activity here as opposed to his past town games makes me wonder things.
15. Sakura Hana - Do something super town so I can put you up a rank please.
17. zMuffinMan- I can't read you for shit so I guess I'll just have to wait and see; nothing jumps out so far.

Not so Town:

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - Mara disagrees slightly
12. Brian Skies - The dismal amount of effort you're bringing here scares me.
20. Desperado - I'm not seeing the OMG PASSION town desp brings to games. I see "meh make a few posts" then coasting from the Atlantic to the Pacific
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - the lack of effort here is surprising me and actually kind of making me sad, worried the fuck out of me

In this game?

7. roflcopter - Bitching about large amounts of posts when that's how some players read each other won't get you anywhere
14. goodmorning - START DOING SHIT LIKE OMG
16. pitoli - SEE GOODMORNING
...?
This is not what I expected you to respond with. I'm sorry not-sorry you're gonna get to be 2 a la xenoblade this game.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by Imperium »

OMG. Why would not picking up crumbs be a scum tell in the first place. It's mostly a player tell. And scum have more reasons to pick up crumbs because you know crumbs. And anyone who even minutely knows cabd's play knows to take that shit with a grain of salt. So end the dumb discussion already.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1409, Imperium wrote:We'll your flurry of activity is just adding more pages to the already behind pages i am and will have to catch up with when I stop grading for the night.

But they're better than quote stripes >_>
In post 1412, Imperium wrote:OMG. Why would not picking up crumbs be a scum tell in the first place. It's mostly a player tell. And scum have more reasons to pick up crumbs because you know crumbs. And anyone who even minutely knows cabd's play knows to take that shit with a grain of salt. So end the dumb discussion already.

Who is that chic?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:16 pm

In post 1410, DOMO wrote:
In post 1405, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I know I'm town but I don't think I'm likelier to pick up on crumbs as town than I am as scum.

I don't buy it. I'd be a lot more assertive if someone was claiming something I just did as town was a scum tell. I have been in this very game. Yeah you're scum.
I'm not as assertive as you and Tammy are about my towniness. I don't think that me not picking up on crumbs is a scumtell or a town tell or why ffery was thinking that it was. It could be one of those scumtells that I don't know about, so it's not the type of thing I can reject outright. I don't think it is, though.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 1401, Casso the King of Seals wrote:-I am picking up on less crumbs than I normally would because iPad. I also don't think that's a scumtell for me.
How else am I to interpret this? I keep looking at it and I'm seeing the same thing over and over. From a town pov, you would KNOW it is not a scumtell for you. "Don't think" is not the kind of language I expect any townie to use in this context.

You scumslipped imo.

I'm interested in how ffery interprets it.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Tammy saying that she is town is a town tell for her. Saying it doesn't mean she is town.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by DOMO »

Not reposting hydra slips is also a scum tell *hint hint*
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Nacho, what is your read on Geists considering their case on you? Do you think they are town and wrong, or are they scum for it?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1401, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1384, geists wrote:Laptop died and I'm posting on a crappy netbook so this is not going to be as detailed as I'd otherwise make it.

At the time when Nati and I first started to feel suspicious of Nacho it was for a bunch of reasons, none of which was really a clincher but together make a constellation that we feel is trouble.

We don't like how he apparently missed a ton of crumbs

We don't like how he seems to be currying favor with players rather than sorting them

We don't like the pitoli vote and especially don't like its timing. It came off like he was trying to deflect attention after we first went after him.

We don't like how he tried to push the non-aggression pact on us.

We don't like the whole tone of the exchange with Brian. The whole tone of that sounded off.

And we found Thor's posts pretty damn close to null content.

And finally, we don't like that when we asked him what he thought about SSK, he said that he was thinking about moving his vote there if Thor agrees. That was off for two reasons: the assumption that we were scumreading, not trying to sort SSK, and because he deferred the decision waiting for a catch up. That's not something he typically does as a hydra.
-I am picking up on less crumbs than I normally would because iPad. I also don't think that's a scumtell for me.
Maybe not, but it also meant you missed a ton of subtext around other players' reactions. That's a degree of not thinking like I'm thinking that scares me.
-I am currently considering going back to the Pitoli vote. The timing coincided more with my entrance in thread than your suspicion of me, though.
A pitoli vote makes more sense coming from you at this juncture.
-Why not? The only advantage it offers me as scum is the towncred. I offered it originally because I thought Cabd would appreciate the gesture, but he apparently didn't get it.
Why Cabd?
-don't understand where tone was off there.
Brian came into the game with a hard edge. That's unique in the games I've played with him. You interacted with him, but didn't seem curious about the hard edge in his posting.
-I thought Nati was scumreading SSK and I was pretty ready to move forward on that. I'm no better at sorting him than ffery is and so thought the method of approach to him this game was to leave him in Nati hands. You are correct that I usually don't wait to sync up as a hydra. Thor is not my usual hydra partner; my usual hydra partner is someone like you or GiF who can see why I'm thinking what I'm thinking and doesn't diverge on my most basic of reads. There are other hydrate where i take primary control and thus don't differ much from my usual play. Then there are hydrate like Majiffy where our approaches differ in a way where my play needs to change significantly. With him, I tend to exert my personality over his since my reads are superior to his, hence Vegito and ridiculous aggression. With Thor, the biggest thing I want this hydra to give me is a greater understanding of him and for him to understand these pieces of our meta a little more. I don't think playing in the usual way will help me with that, and am much more comfortable with waiting for him than I am not waiting for him.
Nati's not feeling all that confident about reading SSK correctly, but we were both thinking maybe town due to how he handled the pressure he was put under. We were looking for external impressions both to test our thoughts and to sort the thinkers.

I like open ended questions because the answers tell me more about the mindset and thought process of the answerer. It bothers me that you took an open ended query as a scumread, especially when I had been expressing discomfort about all the main wagons at that point.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:34 pm

In post 1418, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Nacho, what is your read on Geists considering their case on you? Do you think they are town and wrong, or are they scum for it?
Town and wrong. Pushing me is one of the most reliable town tells ffery has, and this feels like a decent push.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1415, DOMO wrote:
In post 1401, Casso the King of Seals wrote:-I am picking up on less crumbs than I normally would because iPad. I also don't think that's a scumtell for me.
How else am I to interpret this? I keep looking at it and I'm seeing the same thing over and over. From a town pov, you would KNOW it is not a scumtell for you. "Don't think" is not the kind of language I expect any townie to use in this context.

You scumslipped imo.

I see what you're saying but personally eh.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1414, Casso the King of Seals wrote:

I'm not as assertive as you and Tammy are about my towniness. I don't think that me not picking up on crumbs is a scumtell or a town tell or why ffery was thinking that it was. It could be one of those scumtells that I don't know about, so it's not the type of thing I can reject outright. I don't think it is, though.
Like I said above, missing the crumbs almost pales compared to missing the effect the crumbs had on other players.

I flew by one, got FoSed for it, went back, over-estimated what it was about, tested that, and eventually had a working hypothesis. That was one ripple of many.

You didn't react to any of that.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1415, DOMO wrote:

You scumslipped imo.

No, I totally get that statement and it's not scummy per se. I feel like there's an entire submerged iceberg's worth of behaviors in my scum game that I'm not aware of. I reverse engineer what my scum game looks like externally from foses, votes and the occasional (but too rare) discussions that actually talk about what pinged in enough detail for me to get past "but I do that all the time as town????"
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1422, geists wrote:
In post 1414, Casso the King of Seals wrote:

Like I said above, missing the crumbs almost pales compared to missing the effect the crumbs had on other players.

I flew by one, got FoSed for it, went back, over-estimated what it was about, tested that, and eventually had a working hypothesis. That was one ripple of many.

You didn't react to any of that.
And this is scummy because:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”