The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:30 am

Post by jenniwren »

I've read
The Hobbit
LotR
The Silmarillion
, and a couple of the other Tolkien books as well as seen the films. I've also presented a paper about Galadriel at an academic conference, for what it's worth.

Vote: Zwet.
Re: Castlevania, the vote I never got to cast. :twisted:
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:06 am

Post by jenniwren »

Wraith's Questions:
1. Books or Movies? They are separate but equal, and I love them both for what they are.
2. Favorite Book?
The Return of the King
(because it all finally comes together)
3. Favorite Movie?
The Return of the King
(^^)
4. Favorite Character(s)? Sam (my favorite character in all of literature), Eowen, Galadriel, Merry, and Pippin
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:11 am

Post by jenniwren »

I also have a cat who is half grey (top half) and half white (bottom half). His name is Gandalf.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:43 am

Post by jenniwren »

rewq455 wrote:I agree that it was probably a joke.

Even if you were to try and analyze it, scum would not have claimed this huge of a power role, because Gandalf is such a major character in the LOTR series, I would be surprised if he were not in this game.
Given that his actual player-name is Gandalf, he was most likely having fun and only that. But, don't discount the idea that someone could fakeclaim a PR like that early on just to see what reactions are stirred up.

Wraith wrote:Is this an LOTR convention or a mafia game, guys?
IDK, you tell me?
Wraith wrote:Couple questions of my own:

1. Books or Movies?
2. Favorite Book?
3. Favorite Movie?
4. Favorite Character(s)?

My username actually stems from when I first saw Two Towers back in '02, where I loved the Ringwraiths :D
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:29 am

Post by jenniwren »

Nero: Nothing Zwet claims should ever be taken seriously. VV linked to the Castlevania game as proof. (Zwet, VV, LMP, Katsuki, and I were all in that game together, and MoI was the back-up mod.) On D1 Zwet claimed Townie Lyncher (false) named Jonathan Morris (true). He later fake-claimed being a cop with a guilty verdict on the claimed tracker, who was summarily lynched. Zwet was not a lyncher, a jester, or scum, and he confessed his crime of fakeclaiming only after the hammer fell.

Most of us in that game have at this point referenced it already, so it kind of makes your post about Zwet's claim (and no mention of what anyone else has said) look like you're not paying attention, or that you're just trying to look active. Either way, bad.

Unvote
Vote: Nero Cain
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by jenniwren »

[quote="Nero Cain"
Katsuki wrote: In a game as large as this, it helps to find pro-town players as well. Early D1, when scum are doing their best to blend in, it is far easier to find who is town. It also helps narrow down the list later on.
but you don't know who is town and who is scum unless...

Most importantly why do you feel Locke Lamora and jenniwren are town?

[/quote]

Hey Nero, why are you only asking Katsuki why LL and I are town...is it because we're the only two on her list that have votes on you right now?
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by jenniwren »

EBWODP:
Derp, bad quote tags there.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:24 am

Post by jenniwren »

@Mariyta: I generally start slow, and this is my first large game, and it's moving pretty quickly for me. I also don't have a lot of time, and spent too much time with another game earlier in the week, which has left me less time for others. I caught up with another game the next night, and now I'm working on this one. Also, one of my games has just ended, and I am done in another one, and a third is about to end, so I'm down to this one and two others, and I'll have more time to focus on this one. (And I am not joining any more anytime soon.)

@Nero: Finally you answered.
Nero_Cain wrote:
jenniwren wrote: Hey Nero, why are you only asking Katsuki why LL and I are town...is it because we're the only two on her list that have votes on you right now?
very nice way to discredit my question/defend your scum buddy. Other than maybe Fate you two had the least game related content posts and I find it hard for someone to get a 100% town read off of so little . Now why are you afraid to let Kat explain your towness?
You know, a shit ton of people have questioned Katsuki's list, but you're the only one who specifically questioned why the people voting for them and ONLY them were on it. I don't know where you got that I was "afraid to let Kat explain my towness." I didn't ask her to put me on the list, and she explained a few posts back, or otherwise I wouldn't know why she did.

Also, very lame attempt to say you were only questioning those with the lowest post content because when the list was made, inHim, also on the list, had posted THREE times...once to confirm, once to answer questions, and once to call someone scum.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by jenniwren »

SlySly wrote:
MemoriaEsponia wrote:...the scum are easily identifiable by their race-claim, and the flavor of the source ties closely to the flavor of the game.
Only scum could know this.

UNVOTE: Drippereth

VOTE: MemoriaEsponia
MemoriaEsponia wrote:Mass-claiming race would really only be effective if scum don’t have fake-claims or can’t think enough to manufacture their own fake-race, the scum are easily identifiable by their race-claim, and the flavor of the source ties closely to the flavor of the game.
I think you took that out of context. ME was making a rather awkwardly worded list, and the subjunctive half of the sentence (consisting of three separate clauses) is modifying the adverb "effective." He's not actually saying that scum are identifiable by their race-claim (etc.), he's saying that mass-claims are only effective if that's the case.

Mass-claiming race would really only be effective IF
A) IF scum don’t have fake-claims or can’t think enough to manufacture their own fake-race
B) IF the scum are easily identifiable by their race-claim
C) IF the flavor of the source ties closely to the flavor of the game.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Glork wrote:Quick, Jenni, if you're still here!

Who are your top three scum candidates at this moment in time? Why?
Nero and Rewq. I'll give you two of them.

Nero: Because the only people he questioned being on Kats' town list were people who had votes on him; his attempt to pass that off as questioning lurkers in his latest post is also BS because inHim had the fewest posts of anyone on the list; and finally, his overreaction to my question about his behavior indicates to me that he has something to hide
Rewq: Who has the uncanny and unremarkable ability to say everything that's already been said appears to be a disingenuous attempt to make everyone think he's legitimately scumhunting.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Nero Cain wrote:I've done lists when I've played-off site but they can be pretty anti-town as well. Hypothetically, Kat flips scum and I guarantee you folks will say
Oh lets look at her list. Did she put the scum members under the town tag? Are the scum members even listed?
Its all a bunch of WIFOM.

Your vote against me was crap.
ZOMG, Nero isn't allowed to use his own mind and vote who he thinks is scum/is a distraction to the town.He's not doing what others tell him to do. SCUM, SCUM, SCUM!!!

Your ISO #5 was the definition of chainsaw defense.
a player who defends another player by attacking the other player's attacker is very probably scum
. It was definitely an attempt to discredit a valid question by claiming it was an OMGUS 'cause you and Locke were voting me.

Kat said that you were town 'cause of meta. What meta? Provide links.
1) So I can't use MY own mind and vote who I think is scum? My vote isn't crap, and it has resulted in an overdefensive reaction, which raises questions as to why you're so upset over a vote and some questions about your intentions. (BTW, if you notice, my vote on you isn't exactly following the herd, either.)

2) Did you forget you were attacking
me
? A chainsaw defense is made on behalf of someone else; I was questioning you because you were attacking me. I was asking for
MY
benefit, and it just so happened someone else was in the same position. It's an amazing coincidence to me that the only two people you specifically question being town on that list were people who were voting for you. Also, an OMGUS situation is one in which Person A attacks Person B because B first attacked A. I already had a vote on you when you questioned my alignment, and so from my standpoint, it appeared to be that you were questioning if I were town only because I had voted you--which would be the actual OMGUS situation if it is true.

3) If you want the meta Kats is talking about, you should ask Kats. I'm not a mind-reader. I didn't put myself on that list, she did, so how am I supposed to know why? Look up the Castlevania game in mini-themes; a lot of us were in that one: me, Kats, LMP, VV, Spyrex, and Zwet, to be exact; it might help you with reads on all of us, if you like. VV linked it earlier in the thread.

I'm also disinterested in the list as I think its arbitrary, but people make lists all the time; like you said, they won't matter until there are flips and then the real WIFOM will begin. Since you have said that it's WIFOM and will really only kick in when and if Kats flips scum, why spend time questioning who is on it now?
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by jenniwren »

First: Nero (and whoever else is curious)…I have a dissertation (in English Literature) due by January. There are days I have time to play a lot of mafia, and others where I don’t. This is my first large game and it's moving a lot faster than I am used to, so while I try to keep up with reading the games, I can’t always get a good post in to all of them at the same time because solving the mysteries requires critical thinking skills, and switching gears between what I'm working on IRL and each different game sometimes takes effort. Also, sometimes I just have to get away from the computer and stop working on anything for awhile because I can't think about anything anymore. Kats is also right that at the beginning of the semester I had some access issues, and now it’s more of a time commitment. Now back to the game.

Response to Nero (Post 613)

Nero Cain wrote:1.) Oh wow, using my same words against me. If anyone's been over-defensive, hun, its you.
It's more that my curiosity was piqued after your initial question to Kats than anything.
Nero Cain wrote:You said her list arbitrary so do you think that is anti-town play? What are your feelings on Kat?
It's hard for me to read Kats, period. On N2 in Castlevania, I hid behind her (I was a Hider), and as it so happened, she was Dracula. I don't think lists are necessarily anti-town, but I personally prefer not to make town lists (because if a lot of people label the same person as town, it makes them vulnerable for NKs), or to make long scum lists (because I want to focus on someone until my questions are answered).
Nero Cain wrote:You also make a good point about Inhim what do you think of him and his list?
I would like to see more from him than lists and accusations. I also think his lists are arbitrary until or unless he explains them. (The same goes with any list.) He hasn’t really posted much.
Nero Cain wrote:2.) How was that an attack on you? I'm asking her to clarify a "read". I'll talk about this more in a lil'. For the record, I never thought you or Locke were scummy. I don't agree with it. I'm disappointed that Glork and Gandalf got a pass for voting Zwet yet me and Rewq are scum for it. 'Cause I wasn't attacking you it deffo looks like a potential chainsaw.
It piqued my curiosity that you specifically asked about the people voting for you, which from my perspective looked like a rather sneaky and indirect OMGUS, and I wanted to probe it a bit more. You also used the word “attack” in your description, saying that I was attacking you to defend LL.

I think I see where you’re coming from now.

Rewq
Rewq455 wrote: Sorry, posting about something a week ago doesn't leave you with many new things to add. I make my posts as I read then press submit. If you want, look @ my other games. I have not been scum in any of them and do that in all of them.
Got it.

MemoriaE
Memoria Espania wrote: @Everyone – Does anyone else get the feeling that the Nero versus Jenni sandbox fight looks like it could be safe, early game distancing from partners?
No. It was Jenni noting something fishy and pursuing it before it disappeared under the radar while everyone is focusing on Wraith, Kats, Gandalf, MemoriaE, etc.

More coming; I am working on this game tonight.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 am

Post by jenniwren »

I've been working through the thread backwards, forwards, and sideways today to try to put together the pieces and patterns from D1.

It's pretty obvious that there was an extra death last night, but I think the extra death was NOT LMP. I think ME and LMP were the scum targets, Gandalf was vigged, and Drippereth was protected by a CPR doctor (the flavor that said he wasn't supposed to die because he was pure makes me feel that someone protected him and killed him instead.). LMP was a one-shot weak doctor, which makes me think he would have waited to try his ability, and he was also a power player, which is why he suspected he might be killed and left a list. His reads give us something to work with today, especially since ME had some of the same reads, but...

Today (D2), Mariyta said this:
Mariyta wrote: "Filled with arrows" screams orc (or Urak-hai), IMO, which would be scum, not vig. Bleeding to death could be scum or vig, depending on who did it. I haven't figured that one out yet.
If it was a Morgul blade, it would cauterize immediately
I googled Morgul blade and found this: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Morgul-blade. Note that the Morgul blade is the weapon of the ringwraiths, and it is a poisonous blade that corrupts its victims. (Thanks for that, Mariyta.) By the way...what makes you think being stabbed by a Morgul blade would specifically cauterize? Why be so specific about the blade of the ringwraiths and NOT point out that "corruption" is more likely the cause of death by Morgul blade than by normal blade?

LMP and ME both found Mariyta scummy, and LMP focused a lot of attention on the relationship between Mari and Kats. Reading Mari's ISO shows that she dismissed and/or deflected as much of the suspicion about Kats as she could get away with, and TODAY, with LMP's list on the table and under scrutiny, acknowledges that she and Kats are his biggest suspects, but that she will be investigating Rewq and not Kats. Now, their relationship is only circumstantial, but her consistency in not committing to a stance about Kats even today and her problems with VV because of his focus on Kats is questionable at
best

Finally, Mari is a bit contradictory in some of her posts.
Mariyta ISO 28 wrote: Gandalf's "slip" is, as Edge put it, "careless, moronic town," IMO.
Mariyta ISO 29 wrote:I'm not 100% sure gandalf is town, but since the fake-claim, he's seemed mostly town. I don't think his "slip" was as telling as others seem to think it is.
Mariyta ISO 31 wrote: We can lynch gandalf tomorrow if nothing better presents itself (though I have a few other folks in mind).
I have to ask why Gandalf would be the best lynch of D2 if you think he's town, or that nothing better would present itself?

Vote: Mariyta

In addition to these things, Mari said this in response to be questioned about the Gollum/SK connection:
Mariyta ISO 16 wrote:inHim, I haven't watched the movies or read the books in a year or so. My apologies for not being absolutely 100% on the ball all the time.
...yet she remembers the ringwraiths use the Morgul blade? I saw TTT seven times in theaters, ROTK six times in theaters, all three several times on TV, read all the books, presented an academic paper at an professional academic conference, and I didn't remember that. Someone who forgets Gollum doesn't randomly call out the Morgul blade as the weapon of choice for ringwraiths.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:06 am

Post by jenniwren »

I neglected the bold part because you said you would be willing to lynch Gandalf; you said you had others in mind, but you still said you would be willing to lynch him. Seeing those three posts back to back seemed like, first, he was bad town; then,he's just mostly town; and finally, well, we'll lynch him. I also read the second part (the bolded part) as fence-sitting and distancing in case he turned out to be a mislynch.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by jenniwren »

rewq455 wrote:
I honestly do not trust MEs claim to vote in an hr. For example, the day has begun and ME hasn't even posted yet.
We have many lurkers and I didn't want to rely on one of them to hammer. I realize that my posting habits are not the best, as I tend to start from my last post and respond to things as I go, unless something jumps out at me when I skim over the newer stuff, such as WierdRa being asked to claim. But with that posting style, I do not know what others have said until later when I read it, and I usually won't think to take it out of my post.
You do know that ME isn't posting because he was killed during the night?
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:42 am

Post by jenniwren »

Yeah...you are at L-1. I know who you're claiming. Why Glork?

Unvote
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:57 am

Post by jenniwren »

Happy Birthday, Glork.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:52 am

Post by jenniwren »

My head hurts. Just saying.

So what ever happened to Rewq? He was on the hotseat, and then attention was shifted elsewhere. Even now no one is talking about him and he was one of the top three candidates when the day began. The fact that he has faded into the background with no further question is also curious.

In addition to all the stuff that has already been mentioned about him, the things about his play that stand out to me are:

a) He never mentioned Katsuki until D2, and then ONLY to defend her (aside from one little comment about her having a scum NK, ISO 5):
Rewq ISO 68 wrote:@ Wraith- is the only scummy thing you have seen from Katsuki the thing with him not answering the question about VV, or is there more to it? I realize that his reasons for voting VV are scummy, but I don't see enough there for a lynch.
Katsuki did have him on her scumlist, and on D2 she did vote him, but she could have been bussing him at that point.

b) Today he has voted for five wagons in a row, which others have also done, but he contradicted himself with statements like these, which makes me think he was just looking for a good wagon and didn't really care who was being lynched.
Rewq ISO 99 wrote:VOTE: SlySly I realize that SlySly had little reason to lie, but I am thinking that bv has even less.
Rewq ISO 101 wrote:Your right. However, it is apparent though that either BV or SlySly is lying. I see no way for them both to be on the same faction though, as they are directly contradicting each other. I see no reason for us not to lynch one of them today.

UNVOTE: SlySly
VOTE: bv310

I did an ISO of each, and I noticed that bv is seriously inactive. If we are going to take out a useless player, which is most peoples reasoning for lynching Zwet, we might as well kill two birds with one stone and kill bv.
Vote: Rewq

I will also be around and online for a while, for whatever it's worth.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by jenniwren »

VasudeVa wrote:(Do what I do! Read Fate's posts in Gilbert Gottfried's voice. It is 1000x more hilarous. You'll actually have
fun
reading Fate's ISO! I sometimes do this in my spare time.)
Thanks for the tip...I just laughed so hard I shot Dr. Pepper out of my nose. It freaking hurts.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Did Zwet just get hammered?

Also,
V/LA
for a few days. My parents are visiting and I've been getting ready (read: cleaning house) for them for a couple of days already, and they will be here all week. Since I think Night has just fallen, it may not be an issue, but I wanted to give a head's up nonetheless.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 am

Post by jenniwren »

jenniwren wrote:Also, V/LA for a few days. My parents are visiting and I've been getting ready (read: cleaning house) for them for a couple of days already, and they will be here all week. Since I think Night has just fallen, it may not be an issue, but I wanted to give a head's up nonetheless.
I apologize for not being very active, but I've been swamped IRL; my birthday's this week and my family came up to visit, and I spent a lot of time last week trying to get ready for their visit. Between that and school work, I've been a bit busy lately. (I did post earlier in the thread that deadlines for my dissertation are imminent.) Also, don't forget that a lot of people weren't able to post on D3

Working on a longer catch-up post, but this is what I'm thinking so far today:

1) MC is a terrible idea with the rings in play; too many unknown factors, and any protective roles should stay hidden so as to keep Katy (and possibly the other mason if revealed) covered. The only people who should claim are those who've already made claims of some sort; everyone else should stop feeding information to the remaining scum.
2) Locke's latest post seems a bit townish, but his previous posts were not so much; consider his entire case on Katy was a complete rip-off of VV's, which makes it seem as though he were only posting something to make it look as though he were posting. Therefore his latest post is not enough to clear him for me.
3) Wraith, if you knew you were communicating with scum the entire time, and you knew they were scum but you didn't know who they were, what was there to communicate about? Can you share any of that information?
4) I agree that Dekes is most likely town; he's playing to his town meta (see Castlevania) as opposed to his scum meta (see LOST: S1).
4) inHim stands out to me right now; when he has posted.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:43 am

Post by jenniwren »

Oops, tabbed to the submit button and didn't get to finish that one; finishing now...
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 am

Post by jenniwren »

5) inHim stands out to me right now; he spent much of D1 making lists (with VV always at the top of the scum list), and yet never really presented a case on VV. He keeps his vote on VV for most of D1, while accusing others (e.g., bv, Mari, Kats, LMP, ME) If he is scum, though, then he would have had to have bussed Weird
and
Glork, which is risky. However, Weird was the obvious lynch later in D1, so bussing would be prudent; and no one could have anticipated Glork's DK, so maybe the Weird bus was inevitable, and the Glork bus just fortunate for him (as I don't think Glork was really garnering much suspicion on the whole, so if inHim is his buddy, then it just worked out that he happened to cast some doubts on him before the DK). Anyway...why vote VV and never explain it or mention it again? (It wasn't RVS, and VV stayed at the top of inHim's D1 list.)

I'm still rereading, but I have to cut it short for now; I have some family stuff going on; I'm not sure when I will be able to post more.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:40 am

Post by jenniwren »

Vas:
Working on it...

Dekes:
Dekes wrote:Jenni:
VV, yeah, I still remember the Castlevania game. And I remember jenni being more inquisitive and sharper as well.
- Not posting because being helluva busy, I can live with. But then posting twice right before the lynch scene with nothing useful at all (last-minute thoughts or something like that would've been neat)? Looks like she's been following the thread rather closely after all. Might have well made yourself visible once or twice during the days to let people know where you stand.
-
jenniwren wrote:Also, don't forget that a lot of people weren't able to post on D3
Why post that? Already pointing at others for doing the same thing you're being accused of?
- The Inhim case seems forced (see above) to justify her hopping on a wagon that was the most promising at that time. Edge called Inhim/jenni, so it must be right, right? And since you don't want to build a wagon on yourself you chose the other good option...but:

Two questions for you as well:
What happened to your suspicions on rewq and Nero Cain? You pursued both of them on D1 and made a case on rewq again on D2. Guess, it's time to follow the popular wagon now that suspicion is on you. Seriously, what do you think of rewq and Nero Cain now?
Do you believe Nero Cain's claim?
I'm addressing your points in order; and the answers to the questions are embedded in those responses rather than listed separately, but they ARE answered.

1) Castlevania=beginning of semester, less school, more time to think about the game. Also, this game has been a bit overwhelming. As for following the thread, reading takes a lot less time than posting. I try to keep up with the reading, but can't always post.

2) Um, I
did
post during the days? You even ASK me about it, so I had to have done SOMETHING to be visible. (i.e., make cases on Nero, Mari, and Rewq--those were all pretty clear about where I stood on D1 and D2.)

On D1 I was pursuing Nero; however his discovery at the end of D1 made me think he was town. As for his claim, I don't know; I'm still thinking about it. I would think Tom Bombadil would be more than a VT, but at the same time, he didn't really interact with anyone other than the Hobbits, so it could also make sense as he didn't really actively affect the outcome of the War of the Rings in a significant way (other than helping the Hobbits along, but he wasn't alone in that).

About Rewq, on D2 I hadn't been satisfied that he was town, either, and I thought that it was weird everyone moved away from the list of three, Kats, Rewq, and Mari, just because Kats flipped scum and Mari claimed, and Rude claimed (and I believed him). Everyone seemed to forget about Rewq and was proposing a new or different lynch candidate, but time was running out and he hadn't really been cleared. During the night phase, I reread his ISO and felt like he was more likely town than scum for various reasons.

As for posting right before lynch scenes, there wasn't much to say. The first time I had made a case on Rewq not long before the lynch, and I worked on his case during the night and D3, only to decide I was wrong after post 1379. (There was another, one, but that one really made me question my read and decide I was probably wrong about him.) The second time was to post a V/LA. I wasn't even sure if my vote count was correct and Zwet had been lynched, but I just didn't have time to do anything substantial on D3 because of real life.

3) As to why I pointed out not many had posted on D3, I was just saying that I and others didn't have a chance to post more before the day ended so we shouldn't be held accountable for D3 since it ended rather abruptly; I was actually defending those of us who posted little or even nothing then. I'm not sure how you see that as an accusation towards anyone? Also, Zwet's lynch was a given on D3 after he was rescued on D2, but the day still ended much too soon.

4) inHim has been someone I've been suspicious of for a while. My list as of last night was CES (obviously wrong), inHim, LL, Sly, and Spy (again wrong, but I wasn't sure about his claim). By the time I had a chance to even post on D4, everyone had already started talking about suspects, and yeah, there is some overlap. (However, inHim's claim has given me reason to reevaluate my read on him, too.)

Anyway, I'm still catching up with this day and trying to sort through the new information as all of the claims and clears have thrown off my reads a bit. My parents left a little while ago, and so I am planning on spending some time tonight working through this thread and figuring out what's what.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1729 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:08 am

Post by jenniwren »

1) Confirming VV's claim that I did target SpyreX on N2. I had a one-shot ability and used it on him. VV, can I ask why me?
2) I wish Katy had used her powers on someone else because then maybe the end of this day would be less chaotic.
3) Also, people should be more wary of claims these days. If you're town, and you're under suspicion, try to find another way to divert attention from yourself. Claiming means you're helping scum PoE their way to the hidden mason, so STFU already.
4) LL completely turned my head around with his recent posts.
5) Edge...well, Fate...easy, killer. (and I mean that in the generic sense of the word.)
_____

I'm still thinking through everything, but so far I'm leaning scum on Dekes and Mari.

Dekes: I was leaning town on him until he attacked me; in that one post, he made me question that read. Since then he has tried to repair the damage, but I'm still iffy about him. (Mainly the stretching it with the comment about making myself visible; I'm quiet, but I've made decent cases even if I've changed my mind about them later..)

Mari's AtE is epic. I know what this girl is eating, when she sleeps, what she watches on TV. If she's scum, she's getting away with it by having meltdowns.

Basically, however, I haven't decided how I feel yet, and I want to be a lot more sure of the guilt of whom I vote because of the ring situation.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1971 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:27 am

Post by jenniwren »

So...yeah.

I want to get this comment in before the thread is locked; I was working on a longer post and will try to finish it before they do lock it, but first, wtf?

Next...I had a one-shot investigative ability which I used on SpyreX on N2 and now I have nothing. Basically all I found out about him that night was that he wasn't home, and after his vig claim, I assumed he had been roleblocked.

Finally, if there is a protective role left, Katy should be protected no matter what, because inHim's alignment is not certain, and hers is. As long as she has one of the rings, she should be protected. Do NOT fuck that up.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2123 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:47 am

Post by jenniwren »

Mariyta wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:Although meh. No deaths last night is putting me off. :|. I'm not sure what to think of it.
Agreed. I've come up with
four
five possible reasons, listed in the order of likeliness (IMO).

1. They targeted Katy and she was protected.
2. They targeted Edge and he was protected.
3. rewq assumed he would be tracked and decided not to kill.
4. Someone decided not to kill to frame rewq.
5. Scum was RBed.

4 may actually be more likely than 3, considering the game rewq has played.
Considering there are probably two Mordor scum left, #3 is highly unlikely; with everyone calling for Rewq to be tracked yesterday, if he were one of the scum, he would be pretty bad to turn in the kill himself.

The fourth option would hinge on it being confirmed that there was only one Mordor scum left.

I think options 1, 2, and 5 are most likely.

I would be happy with a Dekes or Rewq lynch today, but I'm leaning more for Dekes at the moment.

Prev. Edit: Katy's point about #2 is good. So, options 1 and 5.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2199 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:43 am

Post by jenniwren »

I've never played with a traitor mechanic before; is it possible there are still two Mordor scum left and that Rewq could have been recruited by either team at some point, but ultimately ended up with Mordor?

Anyway, I've had a gut feeling about Mari for the entire game, and in the past, ignoring my gut has been bad (Castlevania, Lies of Lock Lamora) and paying attention to it has been good (Lost: S1, though no one would listen to me...sigh). Just a thought about Mari that is giving me a hang-up, though: she seemed to subtly defend Rewq in her ISO 24, but spent most of the third page of her ISO attacking him. If she is Mordor-scum, at what point would she have known Rewq was a traitor? And if she knew in 24, why turn around and attack him so much (especially given that Mordor-Mari also bussed Weird)? If Mordor-Mari didn't know, then that makes more sense. (And if she didn't know in 24, why defend him as Mordor-Mari?)
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2227 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:44 am

Post by jenniwren »

Dekes wrote:
Lynch me? Thou fool. No living man may lynch me!...What say you? You be no man but a little girl, Nero? Aww, crap."

(incidentally, how hilarious would it be if I really couldn't be lynched by a male person/character :lol:)
Are you claiming then?
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2229 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:49 am

Post by jenniwren »

Yeah. Nero is bad. I was going to hammer. :(
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2232 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:52 am

Post by jenniwren »

You hammered him Nero...
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2235 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 am

Post by jenniwren »

I really wanted to hammer Dekes. He deserves it after Lost S1.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2239 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:11 am

Post by jenniwren »

Not the kill, you were mean to me. :(

JK...I was just really mad that I had you dead to rights and no one believed me, lol.

I'm very curious about how the mechanics for the rest of this game will play out.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:18 am

Post by jenniwren »

Nero, I do believe VV was being sarcastic. Just saying.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2246 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 am

Post by jenniwren »

I am generally used to gaming behaviors (I was in a hardcore endgame raiding guild in Warcraft for two years), but it still stings. I'm a sensitive snowflake. :P

Nero:
Nero Cain wrote:I disagree that Rewq was innocent.
I wasn't sure...
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:01 am

Post by jenniwren »

Whoever it is doesn't need to claim until the mods post the lynch scene and maybe give us more info about the DK.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2263 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:11 am

Post by jenniwren »

This mason fishing is making me wonder if I might have been right about 4-4 with Rewq tipping the favor to 5-4 either way...after all, that is what the ring did... :igmeou:

Mason, don't claim, don't even hint at who you are yet.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2267 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:17 am

Post by jenniwren »

He could be making a gambit to get the mason or Gollum to reveal. He would have to be confident his last partner was closeted well though.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2270 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:25 am

Post by jenniwren »

I prefer to err on the side of caution. Always.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2303 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:09 am

Post by jenniwren »

I so believed LL was the other mason. Sigh.

Also, I didn't protect SpyreX. I had a one-shot investigation that I used on him, but all it told me was he wasn't home, which didn't really tell me anything at the time; now I know he was out trying to vig but was prevented from doing so.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2311 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 am

Post by jenniwren »

Lobelia Sackville-Baggins. "Town Busybody" (Reporter). I am also cowardly. I didn't think it necessary to share that part.
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Reporter
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2317 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:31 am

Post by jenniwren »

Lobelia is a pretty lame character, but she has one moment of bravery, which is why I guess she got a one-shot ability here.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2330 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by jenniwren »

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! YAY! WE WON!

AND BY THE WAY EDGE,

YOU PEOPLE WERE IN
MY
HOUSE!

<3 TO KATY
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2333 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by jenniwren »

I would like to point out that I was the first to suspect Nero of being anything at all. :P
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2335 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Plum and Andrius...this game was awesome. <3 to you both for your hard work!
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2336 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Lol, well, it worked didn't it?
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2346 (isolation #46) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by jenniwren »

I talked a lot more in our QT...and I thought ours was long...
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2356 (isolation #47) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by jenniwren »

My first comment on the Dead QT: Zwet, why miller? Why not Arwen--Beloved Princess? (If they post the Mason QT, you'll see we talked about that, but it would have made more sense than Miller.)
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2359 (isolation #48) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by jenniwren »

But it would have required a guard...Aragorn was dead, and thus the only logical guard for Arwen would be Elrond, which could have motivated Elrond to CC, which would have still gotten Zwet lynched, but would have outed a PR and a ringbearer.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2388 (isolation #49) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by jenniwren »

It really was a lot of fun. I learned a lot in it (it was my first large game) and my regret is that I hadn't been so busy IRL so that I could have been more involved. Great game, great flavor, lots of twists and turns. :D
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2389 (isolation #50) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by jenniwren »

And I am also curious about why Fate claimed mason...
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2391 (isolation #51) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by jenniwren »

I thought you were either being really good or really evil, lol.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2393 (isolation #52) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by jenniwren »

My biggest problem is that I live in a state of WIFOM all the time. I think way to much, overthink even more. So I usually start off right, then think of ten other possibilities, and chase rabbit trails.
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2397 (isolation #53) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Yeah, have fun with that one. All those words I didn't say in thread...are there. In all their ADHD glory.

Also, I second Katy's thoughts on Gollum. GG Nero. You did a good job.

And I think mason might be my favorite role I've had so far; it's nice having a safe place to talk.
Daughter of the Forest
~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”