The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:02 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Hey guys, just checking in to say that I've been sick for the past few days and I don't necessarily feel better right now.

V/LA for a few.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Nero Cain wrote:I've done lists when I've played-off site but they can be pretty anti-town as well. Hypothetically, Kat flips scum and I guarantee you folks will say
Oh lets look at her list. Did she put the scum members under the town tag? Are the scum members even listed?
Its all a bunch of WIFOM.

Your vote against me was crap.
ZOMG, Nero isn't allowed to use his own mind and vote who he thinks is scum/is a distraction to the town.He's not doing what others tell him to do. SCUM, SCUM, SCUM!!!

Your ISO #5 was the definition of chainsaw defense.
a player who defends another player by attacking the other player's attacker is very probably scum
. It was definitely an attempt to discredit a valid question by claiming it was an OMGUS 'cause you and Locke were voting me.

Kat said that you were town 'cause of meta. What meta? Provide links.
1) So I can't use MY own mind and vote who I think is scum? My vote isn't crap, and it has resulted in an overdefensive reaction, which raises questions as to why you're so upset over a vote and some questions about your intentions. (BTW, if you notice, my vote on you isn't exactly following the herd, either.)

2) Did you forget you were attacking
me
? A chainsaw defense is made on behalf of someone else; I was questioning you because you were attacking me. I was asking for
MY
benefit, and it just so happened someone else was in the same position. It's an amazing coincidence to me that the only two people you specifically question being town on that list were people who were voting for you. Also, an OMGUS situation is one in which Person A attacks Person B because B first attacked A. I already had a vote on you when you questioned my alignment, and so from my standpoint, it appeared to be that you were questioning if I were town only because I had voted you--which would be the actual OMGUS situation if it is true.

3) If you want the meta Kats is talking about, you should ask Kats. I'm not a mind-reader. I didn't put myself on that list, she did, so how am I supposed to know why? Look up the Castlevania game in mini-themes; a lot of us were in that one: me, Kats, LMP, VV, Spyrex, and Zwet, to be exact; it might help you with reads on all of us, if you like. VV linked it earlier in the thread.

I'm also disinterested in the list as I think its arbitrary, but people make lists all the time; like you said, they won't matter until there are flips and then the real WIFOM will begin. Since you have said that it's WIFOM and will really only kick in when and if Kats flips scum, why spend time questioning who is on it now?
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by SlySly »

MemoriaEsponia wrote: SlySly’s cherry picking of part of my statement is very poor. For the moment I’ll accept the reasoning based on the way it was cropped but I will be looking VERY closely at any quoted support he provides.
I think it is very obvious that I immediately accepted my misunderstanding of this and am not pushing a case based my initial understanding reasoning any further.

Actual quote:
MemoriaEsponia wrote:Mass-claiming race would really only be effective if scum don’t have fake-claims or can’t think enough to manufacture their own fake-race, the scum are easily identifiable by their race-claim, and the flavor of the source ties closely to the flavor of the game.
How I read it:
MemoriaEsponia wrote:Mass-claiming race would really only be effective if scum don’t have fake-claims or can’t think enough to manufacture their own fake-race(.) the scum are easily identifiable by their race-claim, and the flavor of the source ties closely to the flavor of the game.
How it was pointed out to me and I agreed with after review:
MemoriaEsponia wrote:Mass-claiming race would really only be effective if scum don’t have fake-claims or can’t think enough to manufacture their own fake-race, (if) the scum are easily identifiable by their race-claim, and (if) the flavor of the source ties closely to the flavor of the game.
---------------------
MemoriaEsponia wrote: Tampering with quotes to bolster a case is very scumtastic.
I didn't change a word. I just used the words that were relevant to the point I was making based on a misunderstanding.

---------------------
MemoriaEsponia wrote: Additionally spamming the thread regarding UFC as opposed to scum-hunting is scumtastic.
Sorry, I was reading pre-fight hype while the discussion was going on and I got overly excited about the fight coming up. It is kind of funny that, due to your omission of it during your slight-smearing of me, THE BATMAN talk appears to have been okay with you, but the UFC statement wasn't. Does this excusing THE BATMAN talk mean you are reaching for a chainsaw to protect one or both of your buddies Edge or SpyreX?
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by rewq455 »

LynchMePls wrote:Because only scum want to waste today with lynching Zwet. Zwet is for a vig kill, or barring that we can lynch him later. What purpose does lynching Zwet serve today? Do you think he was scum gambiting with Arwen=miller claim? Why would scum pick Arwen to claim as miller, when anyone with half a brain is going to question that miller claim?

It doesn't make sense. So I think your sudden pushing of Zwet once discussion has started heading in a positive direction is scummy.
Lynching Zwet takes the most obvious scum member out of the game. Yes I think he is scum gambiting with the Arwen=miller claim. The whole reason that scum would claim Arwen as a miller is to obtain the status of being viewed as a miller. The flavor reason for his being miller makes no sense. It is obvious that he is trying to pull wool over our eyes. That crime alone is enough for a lynch as it is the MOST ANTI-TOWN THING A PLAYER CAN DO.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by rewq455 »

jenniwren wrote:
Glork wrote:Quick, Jenni, if you're still here!

Who are your top three scum candidates at this moment in time? Why?
Nero and Rewq. I'll give you two of them.

Nero: Because the only people he questioned being on Kats' town list were people who had votes on him; his attempt to pass that off as questioning lurkers in his latest post is also BS because inHim had the fewest posts of anyone on the list; and finally, his overreaction to my question about his behavior indicates to me that he has something to hide
Rewq: Who has the uncanny and unremarkable ability to say everything that's already been said appears to be a disingenuous attempt to make everyone think he's legitimately scumhunting.
Sorry, posting about something a week ago doesn't leave you with many new things to add. I make my posts as I read then press submit. If you want, look @ my other games. I have not been scum in any of them and do that in all of them.

MemoriaEsponia
MemoriaEsponia
Townie
MemoriaEsponia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by MemoriaEsponia »

@WeirdRa: I can understand why you may have sporadic posting timeframe, but what about Me=Weird? He's a more active player on the site and has been posting frequently on this forum in recently days. Yet he's only posted once in this game which was on September 27, 2010.
Katsuki wrote:I like how you are coming to the protection of your buddy gandalf, but as noble as it is, gandalf is beyond hope.
I suppose you're implying a connection between gandalf5166 and Wraith with that post?

1. Looking at #576, I do not see anything significant from that post that would indicate that gandalf5166 and Wraith are scum buddies.

2. If #576 is enough to make Wraith a scum buddy to gandalf5166, then why aren't other people who have said that the slip wasn't particularly convincing to them {Edge, Katy, Maryita, others that I might have missed}.
Glork wrote:EBWOP: In fact, I'd like BOTH of your heads to compare Drippy to inHim. You can go first, assuming you're still here right now, but make sure your other head does the same.
I will be going first, especially considering my other head probably started his V/LA by now.

inHimshallibe: Taking a very passive approach to the game and looks to be coasting in this game, which I find suspicious (Which can be said for some other people as well). Both hydra heads here have played with him at least once in Mini 974: Thrillville Mafia and IIRC, he played a bit differently, although I'll need to reread his ISO in that game to see if he's following his town meta from there in this game. As for the list, he looks to be pretty open in terms of suspicion, which I can consider a slight town tell. Currently a null read to me.

Drippereth: Getting a town read off the hydra. First and foremost, it reminds me of their play in an ongoing game where they flipped town. Secondly, they have been contributed to helping to out quite a bit and shows genuine interest in scum hunting. Only post that doesn't really give me good vibes is Drippereth's vote for gandalf5166, which looks a bit like bandwagoning to me. As for the list, it is most likely outdated since I believe the list scum list Drippereth made was on September 26, 2010, so I do not have much of an opinion on it.
Remember the past, remember the 80s and 90s.

MagnaofIllusion and Super Smash Bros. Fan hydra.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by bv310 »

Hey guys, just checking in to say that I'm still here. I've had somewhat of a hectic life lately, plus I had two games here in LyLo, so this game got ignored. I did a quick readthrough earlier, but I don't have time to get my thoughts together in any coherent way right now, so I'll have to get the post up tomorrow.

Spoiler Alert: WeirdRa is scummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

rewq455 wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Because only scum want to waste today with lynching Zwet. Zwet is for a vig kill, or barring that we can lynch him later. What purpose does lynching Zwet serve today? Do you think he was scum gambiting with Arwen=miller claim? Why would scum pick Arwen to claim as miller, when anyone with half a brain is going to question that miller claim?

It doesn't make sense. So I think your sudden pushing of Zwet once discussion has started heading in a positive direction is scummy.
Lynching Zwet takes the most obvious scum member out of the game. Yes I think he is scum gambiting with the Arwen=miller claim. The whole reason that scum would claim Arwen as a miller is to obtain the status of being viewed as a miller. The flavor reason for his being miller makes no sense. It is obvious that he is trying to pull wool over our eyes. That crime alone is enough for a lynch as it is the MOST ANTI-TOWN THING A PLAYER CAN DO.
I think it's been posted many multiple times already that a miller post Day 1 from anybody is a nulltell at worst, and correct town play at best. Your case is gut, and as such is invalid.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Day 1 Vote Count 06

gandalf5166
- 6 - zwetschenwasser, Cogito Ergo Sum, Katsuki, SpyreX, WeirdRa, Drippereth

Haylen
- 1 - Haylen
Mariyta
- 2 - bv310, inHimshallibe
Wraith
- 2 - molestargazer, gandalf5166

Nero Cain
- 2 - jenniwren, Locke Lamora
Katsuki
- 4 - VasudeVa, Nero Cain, MemoriaEsponia, Wraith
zwetschenwasser
- 1 - rewq455
WeirdRa
- 4 - Mariyta, Edge, Glork, LynchMePls

Not Voting
- 3 - a2rudeboy, SlySly, Katy

Twenty four stand gathered, Thirteen votes will lynch.

Due to the fickle nature of record keeping and memory, sometimes the story starts to wander from the truth. Rest assured though that just like a Hobbit, it always finds its way home in the end.
Last edited by Bilbo Baggins on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by SlySly »

After a little ISO read, a few things about gandalf's game jumped out at me.
gandalf5166 wrote: Race claim would not be a good idea at all.
2 posts later, scumdalf encourages the opposite...
gandalf5166 wrote: I guess we COULD do a raceclaim, but I would by no means participate.
In other words, scumdalf would love to have everyone else reveal their information but scumdalf will not reveal his own.

--------------------
gandalf5166 wrote:By the way, did everyone else miss Wraith's obvbreadcrumbing of Denethor?
2 post later...
gandalf5166 wrote:Denethor is town if he's a real role, but since Wraith is claiming him, he's obviously a fakeclaim.
Out of the blue, scumdalf points out a spotted Wraith breadcrumb of a role that scumdalf follows up 2 posts later with his belief that the exposed role is a town role. I would think a townie would be more cautious of revealing a spotted breadcrumb of a role he believed to be town, if not avoid it all together if determined to be in the best interests of the town. After having scumdalf point it out, it is obvious Wraith's bread crumb attempt was rather shallow. Nonetheless, I missed it and I wouldn't find it shocking if others did too.

--------------------
gandalf5166 wrote:
VOTE: Wraith

The vig just needs to shoot zwet tonight.
It has been well documented that the popular belief is that zwet is vigbait. To me, this comes off as a scumdalf attempt to steer the town because instead of reaffirming his case on Wraith to justify his vote, he adds in a statement about zwet the he knows is generally believed to be truth.

1 post after building a case on Wraith over a series of several posts culminating with the dramatic Wraith vote, scumdalf hints at changing to an ME vote planting the seed to test for support of an ME wagon if the Wraith breadcrumb exposure fails to add any heat to Wraith's wagon.
gandalf5166 wrote:*fingers involuntarily start typing out a vote for ME*
No, that scum can be lynched tomorrow. He'll probably get NK'd tonight any ways ;)
Scumdalf tries to add town motive, which was absent during the initial discussion of the topic, to his reasoning behind pointing out his breadcrumb discovery.
gandalf5166 wrote:Also, I pointed out Wraith's "breadcrumbing" because I thought it was scummy as hell.
--------------

Since scumdalf's scumslip, the obviousness of his nervous, scummy squirming has grown to a point that can't be missed.
gandalf5166 wrote: Was saying he would get killed by the other scumteam.
gandalf5166 wrote:Umm....... I've only once been in a large with only one scumteam, and it was a bastard mod with three SKs. I kind of assume that larges have two scumteams.
gandalf5166 wrote:*sigh*
FTR, I never scumslip. It just doesn't happen. I look at my posts before I make them.
Reeling, scumdalf resorts to a little subtle AtE. Paraphrasing the following, "oops, I slipped, let me now provide a link to a game where I was town to distract from my scumslip."
gandalf5166 wrote:Better town meta for me would be here:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=15054
"Oops, I'm really nervous, I posted the wrong link, here's the right one..."
"Oops again!!! I get really scatterbrained when the pressure of making a scumslip is weighing down on me. Finally, here's the right link, believe me, I'm town, please!!!"
gandalf5166 wrote:Oops, wrong dram game. Meant this one: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=14592
Finally, "Maybe if I just keeping saying I didn't slip, everyone will forget about it."
gandalf5166 wrote:What open games are you referring to? I've only been scum in two opens, and while I did scummy things in them, I never "scum-slipped".
-----------

gandalf is scum.

VOTE: gandalf

-----------

Mod: You have SpyreX and LMP both voting twice on the votecount.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Post by Glork »

Had a busy Friday, will likely have a relatively busy Saturday and Sunday as well. Fortunately (actually, probably unfortunately), it looks like this thread got quieter in my absence.
GUESS I'M GONNA HAVE TO KICK IT UP A(NOTHER) NOTCH.

Re: Gandalf -- This has bene the one thing I've thought about extensively while not being able to read the game, because what he posted still bothers me quite a bit. I think I'm willing to take Fate's word for now and not lynch him yet. If there turns out to be only one scumgroup, then it was obviously an honest mistake, but if there are in fact two scumgroups I'll have to seriously reconsider. Gandalf situation is one that will probably resolve itself once we see a couple of bodies, so he's probably not the best lynch right now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: Just skimmed Page 25 before I go to bed (no idea why the fuck I'm still up at 5am here), and the Jenn/Nero exchange gives me bad vibes about Nero.

On a semi-related note, <Insert Obligatory Chainsaw Defense Is Crap Statement Here>.
The "Chainsaw Defense" is one of the least accruate "tells" in Mafia, because any decent protown player *SHOULD* be pointing out and debunking terrible attacks. I swear to god, somebody uses this to go after a townie in virtually every game I play, and they still seem to think it's legit. It's a non-tell.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by Katy »

MemoriaEsponia wrote:
@Katy
– Who do you think is scum now? You’ve unvoted Glork and not committed to any of the suspicions you listed in 562.[/i]
Unsure, although that may change by the time I finish this post. I have yet to look at Gandalf's town game, which I was waiting for and have now. It really depends on that, because him calling out two scum teams doesn't bother me as much as some similarities between the day one scum play in that game and his day one play in this game. If, after I read the Gandalf game, I'm not sure on him, then Rewq is my number two, and I expect to vote for one of them in this post.

Actually, while I'm on the subject,
@Gandalf
, since we're already well past that point, what do you see as the scumhunting purpose behind a day one fairly obvious joke fake claim such as the Gandalf claim you made in this game? What were you looking for in terms of reactions when you did that? If not looking for reactions, what is your point in doing that, since you claim that as standard meta for yourself?
Rewq wrote:Lynching Zwet takes the most obvious scum member out of the game. Yes I think he is scum gambiting with the Arwen=miller claim. The whole reason that scum would claim Arwen as a miller is to obtain the status of being viewed as a miller. The flavor reason for his being miller makes no sense. It is obvious that he is trying to pull wool over our eyes. That crime alone is enough for a lynch as it is the MOST ANTI-TOWN THING A PLAYER CAN DO.
I find this reasoning suspect. As town, I am not worried about someone like him, because if he is scum, he's come out and made himself a target for all manner of town actions that could possibly find him out. I can even think of a few reasons he MIGHT have claimed such as town. I think it was an incredibly stupid claim if he is mafia, because I can think of at least one or two roles that make a lot of sense as millers and at least one other where you can come up with all kinds of excuses to explain away night actions. Instead he's claimed as something that quite obviously makes no sense as a miller, placing a huge target on himself. I could easily see his scumbuddies rushing to bus him for it if he is scum, knowing that he is likely to be vigged or tracked, etc and maybe even out of frustration wondering what the heck he is doing. Also, if Gandalf is right and there are two scum teams, I can easily see a scumgroup that doesn't contain him jumping all over his weird claim.

All right, now having read the game Gandalf provided, what do you think that game has in common with this game? This is what I see:

(1) In this game, you made up a wild fake claim and then when people didn't just laugh it off, you got defensive saying of course you were joking, you always joke like that, and it was common.

(2) In the game Katsuki posted, same thing in early game - someone went after you and you fell to back to "I was joking! Everyone jokes at that stage!" and were able to fend of pressure on that basis. You were scum.

(3) In the town game you provided, while your tone is certainly light, you don't actually make any outrageous claims nor do you assert you are joking or use your joking as a defense when you come under pressure. In fact, while your tone remained light, your content was fairly serious, and your first claim was your actual role, not a wild fake claim, which is something you have claimed is common for you, but is something you did not actually do in the town game you provided to me.

VOTE: Gandalf

Although
FOS: Rewq
. As far as I am concerned they could both easily be scum.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

jenniwren wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:I've done lists when I've played-off site but they can be pretty anti-town as well. Hypothetically, Kat flips scum and I guarantee you folks will say
Oh lets look at her list. Did she put the scum members under the town tag? Are the scum members even listed?
Its all a bunch of WIFOM.

Your vote against me was crap.
ZOMG, Nero isn't allowed to use his own mind and vote who he thinks is scum/is a distraction to the town.He's not doing what others tell him to do. SCUM, SCUM, SCUM!!!

Your ISO #5 was the definition of chainsaw defense.
a player who defends another player by attacking the other player's attacker is very probably scum
. It was definitely an attempt to discredit a valid question by claiming it was an OMGUS 'cause you and Locke were voting me.

Kat said that you were town 'cause of meta. What meta? Provide links.
1) So I can't use MY own mind and vote who I think is scum? My vote isn't crap, and it has resulted in an overdefensive reaction, which raises questions as to why you're so upset over a vote and some questions about your intentions. (BTW, if you notice, my vote on you isn't exactly following the herd, either.)

2) Did you forget you were attacking
me
? A chainsaw defense is made on behalf of someone else; I was questioning you because you were attacking me. I was asking for
MY
benefit, and it just so happened someone else was in the same position. It's an amazing coincidence to me that the only two people you specifically question being town on that list were people who were voting for you. Also, an OMGUS situation is one in which Person A attacks Person B because B first attacked A. I already had a vote on you when you questioned my alignment, and so from my standpoint, it appeared to be that you were questioning if I were town only because I had voted you--which would be the actual OMGUS situation if it is true.

3) If you want the meta Kats is talking about, you should ask Kats. I'm not a mind-reader. I didn't put myself on that list, she did, so how am I supposed to know why? Look up the Castlevania game in mini-themes; a lot of us were in that one: me, Kats, LMP, VV, Spyrex, and Zwet, to be exact; it might help you with reads on all of us, if you like. VV linked it earlier in the thread.

I'm also disinterested in the list as I think its arbitrary, but people make lists all the time; like you said, they won't matter until there are flips and then the real WIFOM will begin. Since you have said that it's WIFOM and will really only kick in when and if Kats flips scum, why spend time questioning who is on it now?
1.) Oh wow, using my same words against me. If anyone's been over-defensive, hun, its you. I asked her to clarify her read on you. Then here you come
Nero is asking about the two that's voting for him. HUGE SCUMTELL!!!
Wich in turn lead me to ask you why you don't want me to ask that.

As per her second list, Glork, Katy and Mariyta seem town to me. I have no strong feelings about Fate or Inhim but I don't think they've played a anti-town game yet. Who does that leave on the list? Hence why I wanted to know why she thought you two were town. With such small samples I find it rather hard to understand why she has a town finger on you, but then again we are agreed that her list is arbitrary so I guess its a moot point.

You said her list arbitrary so do you think that is anti-town play? What are your feelings on Kat?

You also make a good point about Inhim what do you think of him and his list?

2.) How was that an attack on you? I'm asking her to clarify a "read". I'll talk about this more in a lil'. For the record, I never thought you or Locke were scummy. I don't agree with it. I'm disappointed that Glork and Gandalf got a pass for voting Zwet yet me and Rewq are scum for it. 'Cause I wasn't attacking you it deffo looks like a potential chainsaw.

3.) This one is answering your question...I'm pretty convinced Kat is scum so I wanted to put pressure on her so thats why I asked her to clarify two people that I don't see how she could really finger as town in hopes that she would scumslip.
Glork wrote:EBWOP: Just skimmed Page 25 before I go to bed (no idea why the fuck I'm still up at 5am here), and the Jenn/Nero exchange gives me bad vibes about Nero.

On a semi-related note, <Insert Obligatory Chainsaw Defense Is Crap Statement Here>.
The "Chainsaw Defense" is one of the least accruate "tells" in Mafia, because any decent protown player *SHOULD* be pointing out and debunking terrible attacks. I swear to god, somebody uses this to go after a townie in virtually every game I play, and they still seem to think it's legit. It's a non-tell.
I've heard this before and for the most part I agree, its not really chainsaw until Kat flips scum and even then it might not be.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:49 am

Post by rewq455 »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
rewq455 wrote:

I think it's been posted many multiple times already that a miller post Day 1 from anybody is a nulltell at worst, and correct town play at best. Your case is gut, and as such is invalid.
... Your right

UNVOTE: Unvote

WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:17 am

Post by WeirdRa »

LynchMePls wrote: This is the second time you call me scum (one you put me on your list 3 times) and this time you even list reasons, but then you vote someone else. What is up with that?

Unvote
Vote: WeirdRa

This needs to happen. Gandalf is for later.
Maybe the "holy 510" should've been in xl font and bold. We'll get to you when there's time.

Gandalf self-meta deserves rope.

My plurality is MIA. Huh.

~AGar
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:43 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I self-meta'd because somebody asked for it. The purpose of the claim D1 is to skip the RVS bullshit. I've had games where RVS went on for almost ten pages, and that's just not funny. Also, I strongly discourage any metaing of me. I'm in 10-12 games at any given point, so my playstyle evolves quickly. The way I played at the beginning of Alphabet or throughout CEBM is nothing like the way I play now. Like the claims. I could point you to several games where I did it, but they're all ongoing and my wiki isn't up to date. At the time of CEBM, I was fairly new to the site, so I took the game "seriously" as soon as RVS was over. What I found was that I was flying under the radar and not garnering any reactions. In other words, I was dead weight to the town. So I decided I would be a little more reckless, that way I can get reactions and do some of my own scumhunting. As far as what reactions I'm looking for, I don't look for specific things. I don't break down posts. I look at the post as a whole, the intent behind the post, and decide if it makes more sense strategically for town or scum to say.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:13 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Gandalf meta case is the only part of the case on him that is bullshit. Also, I can't tell if rewq is being strange or not.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:32 am

Post by WeirdRa »

That implies you joke-claimed because you thought rvs was going to last 10 pages. It didn't look like that to me. If not, then you had no good reason to do that. And why didn't you say meta was useless when you were asked for it? To me, it looks as if you're making this up as you go along. Where is your so called "scum-hunting"? After a look through your ISO, you haven't done much besides the joke-claim, and defending yourself. You've barely given opinions on other people.

As for why I(M=W) haven't posted much in this game is because until recently, we were running things by each other, and AGar was usually the one who posted it.
~M=W
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:56 am

Post by rewq455 »

gandalf5166 wrote:I self-meta'd because somebody asked for it. The purpose of the claim D1 is to skip the RVS bullshit. I've had games where RVS went on for almost ten pages, and that's just not funny. Also, I strongly discourage any metaing of me. I'm in 10-12 games at any given point, so my playstyle evolves quickly. The way I played at the beginning of Alphabet or throughout CEBM is nothing like the way I play now. Like the claims. I could point you to several games where I did it, but they're all ongoing and my wiki isn't up to date. At the time of CEBM, I was fairly new to the site, so I took the game "seriously" as soon as RVS was over. What I found was that I was flying under the radar and not garnering any reactions. In other words, I was dead weight to the town. So I decided I would be a little more reckless, that way I can get reactions and do some of my own scumhunting. As far as what reactions I'm looking for, I don't look for specific things. I don't break down posts. I look at the post as a whole, the intent behind the post, and decide if it makes more sense strategically for town or scum to say.
Why would you support claiming right out of RVS and not the mass race claim?

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:57 am

Post by rewq455 »

@ Wraith

What was the advantage to you heavily bread crumbing like that as opposed to flat out claiming?

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by LimMePls »

bv310 wrote:Hey guys, just checking in to say that I'm still here. I've had somewhat of a hectic life lately, plus I had two games here in LyLo, so this game got ignored. I did a quick readthrough earlier, but I don't have time to get my thoughts together in any coherent way right now, so I'll have to get the post up tomorrow.

Spoiler Alert: WeirdRa is scummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
But you leave your vote on Maryita why?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by LimMePls »

This recent surge against gandalf has me thinking one of the other wagons that is forming is on scum (WeirdRa most likely).
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Glork »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Gandalf meta case is the only part of the case on him that is bullshit. Also, I can't tell if rewq is being strange or not.
Who is most likely to be scum right now? Why?

Suppose I were to Dayvig that person right now, and they flipped as scum. Which player is most likely to be their scumbuddy. Why?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Drip wrote:Is that what your group is going to do? You claim scum again? You too are maintaining that there are 2 scum groups?

All the scum is saying it, so it must be true.

-DGB
Are you on the drugs this game?

I said that if he had actually insinuated that "the other group" meant the SK (i.e. the day kill) then there wouldn't be the inherent "I know something you don't" business with his comment.

I'm not sure what you're goin on about but keep on keepin on.

----

Rewq is drinking the crazy water now. The sheer adamancy that zwet is lying is something else.

The more ME posts the more town vibes I get. YEA THATS RIGHT.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”