The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

can you hook me up with the scum QTs?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by Andrius »

I'm not sure if we were going to post those or not... check the Role PMs though; they might be in there.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Fate »

PAGE BY PAGE DEAD QT LULZ IN ORDER OF PROGRESSION:

1. FIRST LULZ- gandalf thought he was killed by scum LOL
2. First awesome points to SSBF and LMP who's reads were right for that point in time
3. NEXT awesome goes to MoI for nailing what happened N1 AND calling Glork, rewq, Sly and Katsuki scum. FFFFFFFFFF
4. (if finally dawns on me that rewq got recruited when Frodo died. SO THATS HOWA)
5. OK LULZ TIME MoI apparently stops reading the game and comes up with this gem of a scumteam:
Wraith, Spyrex, Edge, ???
Mehhhh. Fakeclaiming cop=scum? I dun get. I'll give MoI a pass on the dumdum factor cause he wasn't too invested at this point in time.
6. +10 Winpoints to Glork for his stance on lynching bad play regardless as that is my philosophy as well (and ultimately why Wraith died over Dekes even though Dekes' claim was much shoddier).
WeirdRa wrote:Oh silly Magna. Rewq isn't our partner. No, if he were I'd be in deep despair.
KEKEKEKEK
God its Edge.
9. "only sane person left"-WELL YOU CERTAINLY DIDN'T TRY LIKE A SANE PERSON. LL WAS SANE, YOU WERE SCUM.
10. @MoI Hate: My radar gets fucked up when people play terribly. Mariyta self-voting? VV wanting to lynch Gollum AND suspecting me? Wraith not having done a single thing with the palantir? YEAH IT DISTRACTED ME FROM DEKES SCUM. SORRY. IM FUCKIN HUMAN.
Fate? Re-evaluate? He'll just blame someone else in the game like me or VV and continue being a pretentious douche.
I constantly re-evaluate my reads so I'm not sure how this even makes any sense.
12. I have NO IDEA why the masons didn't out Dekes as RB'd the final day. Like I said it made very little sense for Dekes scum NOT to kill hence my Mariyta theory.... Meh it all worked out in the end.
Is Fate Psychic? O_o
Yes. Now you see why I have to make my play entertaining. Its far too easy to just lynch scum when Iknow all.
That's not Reaper. Reaper's not that retarded.
It was >_>
For all the "Ohh SpyreX and Edge are just making noise" if they kill Edge right now I give a HUGE boost to the scum odds because, mark me, the activity is going to go way down.
<3 as always
15. THE END. MUCH <3
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Sajin »

Nero Cain wrote:can you hook me up with the scum QTs?
Loot at the scum PMs.

The One Ring passes hands in the following ways:

* If the bearer of the One Ring is lynched, the One Ring passes to a random member of the lynching party.

Was this randomized or was it a gimme for gollum :P

Did the ring search powers just get underutilized? Both gollum and isenguard mafia did not use them every night it seems.

Looking at the mafias I would say the isenguard mafia was slightly stronger (no bulletproof but ring search not tied to a individual, and 4 strong all game)
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Fate »

rewq claimed his name in the Frodo QT???

....1?!!?!?
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Plum »

Yeah, that . . . was probably a misplay.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Andrius »

Sajin wrote:The One Ring passes hands in the following ways:

* If the bearer of the One Ring is lynched, the One Ring passes to a random member of the lynching party.

Was this randomized or was it a gimme for gollum :P

Did the ring search powers just get underutilized? Both gollum and isenguard mafia did not use them every night it seems.

Looking at the mafias I would say the isenguard mafia was slightly stronger (no bulletproof but ring search not tied to a individual, and 4 strong all game)
Yeah, we changed the Role PM right before sending it; sorry for not editing it into the old pm. :/

RingSearch was under-used IMO.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Andrius »

Fate apparently missed the part of the Dead QT where I called him God. :P
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by Fate »

"The Witch-King (MagnaofIllusion)"

oh HOHOHO
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by Fate »

Andrius wrote:Fate apparently missed the part of the Dead QT where I called him God. :P
!!!
YOU WIN THE DEAD QT THEN, SIR!

>_>
<_<
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by Andrius »

Oh yeah, MoI, you were originally the Witch-King until you hydra'd with SSBf.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Wait what?

Fate how did you claim mason when you aren't the mason?

Otherwise, EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC GAME ANDY AND PLUM. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3. This is hands down the best game I've ever played in this site so far. So memorable! :D
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Plum »

Wow, glad you liked it so much :D
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by jenniwren »

It really was a lot of fun. I learned a lot in it (it was my first large game) and my regret is that I hadn't been so busy IRL so that I could have been more involved. Great game, great flavor, lots of twists and turns. :D
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by jenniwren »

And I am also curious about why Fate claimed mason...
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by Fate »

[quote="Glork]Busing D1 is bad play[/quote] BUT WHEN THE WINDS BLOW...KEKEKKE
Fate how did you claim mason when you aren't the mason?
>_>
<_<

OH THE THINGS YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH AS OBVTOWN.

It was obvious to Jenni and Katy that I was buying them time.
P-Edit: Apparently not obvious to Jenni, even though she went along with it <3
(If I read the mason QT and see you girls were planning to CC me tomorrow there will be words!)

It should've been obvious to everyone else that I started the mass claim, Katy STOPPED me because I had no knowledge of the rings, and that I was nowhere near a mason (even less a mason than my horri-bad cop claim) BUT I MIGHT JUST real-claim next time out of nowhere so SCUM BETTAH BE ON THEIR TOES
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by jenniwren »

I thought you were either being really good or really evil, lol.
Daughter of the Forest
~
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by Andrius »

<3 Vas
Sorry you pulled Tracker AGAIN
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by jenniwren »

My biggest problem is that I live in a state of WIFOM all the time. I think way to much, overthink even more. So I usually start off right, then think of ten other possibilities, and chase rabbit trails.
Daughter of the Forest
~
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by Fate »

Um.

So.

Plum gave Mordor scum a very generous deal but shafted the purple teams Roleblock and Ringsearch N1?

I saw no difference in those two situations, as both were "heavinly implied/suggested" if not officially submitted.

I call shenanigans...
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by Katy »

Fate wrote:
Katy Roleblocks Dekes
Dekes Kills Locke Lamora
PWNAGE SUCCESSFUL.
DAT'S RIGHT *highfive*

I'm totally happy for Gollum too, whatever, even if we don't win by ourselves. I was really hoping he would be some kind of survivor type so I kind of put him to the wayside. Glad that wasn't a huge mistake.

Awesome game ... this was the most fun I've had in mafia for a long time. I loved our mason thing and there were enough twists and turns that the game was challenging and always entertaining. I was kind of dumb at the beginning but I think I got it together in the end. :)

I would have outed our roleblock if it looked like Dekes wouldn't get lynched, but I wanted to try not to, on the off chance there was more scum we could have a chance to try our roleblock again while scum went doc-hunting.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Fate »

I too want to know what would happen if Dekes got Gollum as his backup role >_> ONE SHOT DAYKILL FTW?

ReMordorQT: GLork you have very strong principles, but then you went and deviated from them all the entire game:
-Not bussing D1
-Not going into day with a pre-conceived plan: (you went in knowing you would push Mari/Sly/Edge) and that pinged all sorts of things for me (even if the RB gambit turned out to be reversed and wrong).
Breaking news: As I'm writing this, I see Edge reading topics in Theme Park. Why would either RC or Fate log in to the hydra account just to read the thread. That makes no sense...unless they actually have a night action which would rule them out as the SK....WAAAH, overthinking alert!
LOL RC READING THE PALANTIR QT. EPIC IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE.

Now onto the mason qt, the last frontier
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Yeah, have fun with that one. All those words I didn't say in thread...are there. In all their ADHD glory.

Also, I second Katy's thoughts on Gollum. GG Nero. You did a good job.

And I think mason might be my favorite role I've had so far; it's nice having a safe place to talk.
Daughter of the Forest
~
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by Katy »

Fate wrote:.

It was obvious to Jenni and Katy that I was buying them time.
P-Edit: Apparently not obvious to Jenni, even though she went along with it <3
(If I read the mason QT and see you girls were planning to CC me tomorrow there will be words!)
I went along with it, but I didn't trust you, so that post I made right after the mod's green post was coding my actual mason. It says Jenni in the first letters! That was just in case there were some shenanigans going on and she needed proof of who she really was if we had to go after Gollum, but I figured it was most likely you were trying to do some Fate-style crazy gambit for whatever reason, so I let it slide for this day for fun.

I liked being mason partners with Jenni a lot, but I think we share the "overthinking" disease. We got there in the end though. :)
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by Andrius »

Masons are some of the best roles I've ever had. Its nice to bounce ideas off someone, and its HEAVENLY to have someone you know is confirmed town and they know you're confirmed town at all times.

<3's to TheLonging and MPR.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”