Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:25 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Still Among the Living

: SaintKerrigan
Co-Moderator
: Haylen

(Bold means confirmed)

-
Steam-Powered Shovel,
Arkon
Mafia Group B
, survived to a draw.

-
Furry
horrordude0215
Rebel
Mafia Group A
, survived to a draw.

* = prod

Joined the Ranks of the Dead

-
Nicodemus,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 1.

-
Dragonfly13
crypto
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1.

-
LordChronos
Sanhora
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1.

-
Nikanor,
Rebel
Mafia Group A
, was lynched Day 2.

-
Max,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 2.

-
Pulindar,
Arkon
Mafia Group B
, was lynched Day 3.

-
SFG,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 3.

-
Slaxx,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 3.

-
DeathNote
Haylen
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 4.

-
xRECKONERx
Sniper
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 4.

-
Alduskkel,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 4.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon May 17, 2010 7:57 am, edited 30 times in total.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:36 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

In the distant future, humanity has reached out for the stars. Multiple colonies had been established on various planets, from the stable, tranquil world of Shizuka to the tumultuous, volcano-ridden mining world of Big Rock. Most of humanity was united under one government, referred to as the Union of Terran Planets, or UTP, for short. There were a few outlying colonies that were under private control. The tiny colony of Liten was one such world.

The course of human history changed forever on April 13th, 2486. First contact was made by a UTP exploration team on the planet Vasten with an alien race, soon named the Arkons. The Arkon's response to the team? Brutal, merciless slaughter. Not long thereafter, multiple colonies on the Fringe were assaulted by Arkon warships and utterly annihilated. The most sinister of the Arkon hostilities, however, was the infiltration of human colonies by the shape-shifting Arkons and decimation from the inside. The prominent UTP planet Tahego fell to this subtle infiltration technique.

At an emergency assembly of the UTP Congress, war was declared on the Arkons by unanimous vote. A side effect of the war declaration was that the UTP declared all human planets under its jurisdiction, and as such, all non-UTP colonies were required to declare allegiance to the UTP, or suffer the consequences. The motive behind this move was that many of the colony worlds were rich in resources, which the UTP would need to fight the war against the Arkons.

Meanwhile, on the planet Liten, the governing authorities struggled to make a decision. Would they comply with the UTP, or try to resist. Some of the members of the Liten cabinet favored open rebellion, while others favored to side compliantly with the UTP's demands.

And then the unthinkable happened...

August 5th, 2486 Space Calendar
Day 10, Month 9 Liten Local Calendar
0530 hours Liten Local Time

Bzzt!

The vidcom buzzed loudly. Governor Sarah St. Kerrigan opened one eye regretfully to check the clock. 0530.
Why would anyone be calling me before official working hours? I didn't get enough sleep last night as it is...

Bzzt!

With a sigh, Sarah pushed back the pseudo-silk sheets of her bed and sat up, making a feeble attempt to rub the sleep out of her eyes. Next to the bed was a shiny aluminum folding chair, with a crimson robe draped over it. Grabbing the robe, Sarah slipped it on, covering up her underwear.

Bzzt!

Sleepily she ambulated over to the wall where the vidcom was fastened and lightly punched the answer button. Nothing happened. Then she realized she had accidentally hit one of the number keys. Again, she hit the answer button. This time, a familiar face popped up on the screen.

Dr. Haylen York. The lead scientist on Liten.
Why is she calling me at this hour of the day?

"Ma'am, we have a problem," Haylen reported.

Sarah yawned. "Can it wait? I'm tired."

"No, ma'am, it can't." Haylen's words held a tinge of fear in them. Sarah became more alert.

"What is it?" she inquired.

"Well..." Haylen took a deep breath. "I came in early to work, as usual, and I found Simmons there, too."

One of Haylen's assistants. "What of it?"

"He tried to attack me, ma'am."

That got Sarah's attention. "What?"

"Luckily, I had my laser pistol on me, and I shot him before he could kill me. But when I shot him...his body changed."

"Changed how?"

"It morphed into something...alien. I checked the data we recently received from the UTP when they sent us the proclamation. The profile matches that of the aliens the UTP recently declared war on. The Arkons."

"Dear lord..." Sarah found herself at a loss for words. "Has he killed anyone else in the lab?"

"No, he was the only other person here. But if there was one Arkon...ma'am, I think it's possible that there's more of these things on Liten."

Chills coursed down Sarah's spine. Arkons...on Liten. But why? Liten had nothing of value, and they were far away from the Fringe. What could the Arkons possibly want with Liten?

"All right, get to the Government Center and head for Meeting Room 1," Sarah told Haylen. "We need to figure out what we're going to do here."

"Aye, ma'am." The video feed switched off.

Five minutes later, Sarah was fully dressed in her olive-colored uniform. For added measure, she fastened her laser pistol's holster around her waist. With aliens likely running around, it was better to be armed.

Without warning, the doorbell to her quarters rang. Sarah felt the fingers of fear clasp her brain.
Is it an Arkon, sent to assassinate me?
She went over to her desk and accessed the security camera feeds on her computer. Selecting the camera watching the outside of her door, she found a man standing in front of the door. In his hand, he held a pistol.

Beads of sweat trickled down Sarah's forehead. They had come for her.

The doorbell rang again.
He's not going to go away. Well, I've only got one choice, then.

Cautiously Sarah stepped toward the door. She flattened herself against the side wall and slapped the "Open Door" button. Immediately a bolt of light streaked into her room, burning a hole in the wall on the far side. Whipping around to face her attacker, Sarah took quick aim and fired. Red light hit the man squarely in the chest, and he collapsed to the ground. His laser pistol clattered to the ground.

Panting heavily, Sarah quickly ran up to her attacker and kicked his weapon away, while keeping her own pistol aimed at him. Strangely, he wasn't transforming. Was he human, then?

"What do you want?" Sarah demanded to know.

The man grimaced. "I'm not...the only one," he grunted. "We can't...join...the UTP. It spells...our doom. You...must die!"

Desperately he lunged up, pulling a knife out of its sheath. Quickly Sarah fired her laser pistol again. This time, the man collapsed to the floor and didn't move. He was dead.

But what he had said was disconcerting. Sarah had known some people disagreed with her stance on joining the UTP, but to openly try and assassinate her? This was a step she had not thought anyone would take. This was supposed to be a civil world, not some barbaric, backwater colony. Stuff like this wasn't supposed to happen!

But like it or not, it was happening. The question was how to deal with it?

Holstering her pistol, Sarah turned to stride down the corridor, en route to meet Haylen and the rest of the governing board in Meeting Room 1. Hopefully, together, they could figure this nightmare out.
Or will we tear ourselves apart...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:44 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

SaintKerrigan's Mafia Ruleset

Article I: Day

1. The game is a day start.
2. Day shall last two weeks.
3. Scum may not use their quicktopic during the day.
4. During the day, you may place votes on a person using this format:
Vote: Player-X.

4a. Unvotes are not required, but are very helpful.
5. When a player receives more than half of the total votes at any point during the day, that player is lynched.
6. Once a player is lynched, twilight begins.
7. If the deadline has passed and no one has received more than half the total votes, the person who has the highest number of votes is lynched.
7a. In event of a tie for highest number of votes at the deadline, the one who reached the tying amount of votes first is lynched.
8. If a player has not posted within 72 hours, they will be prodded.
8a. Failure to reply to the prod in thread (or by PM during the night) in 48 hours will result in replacement of that player.
8b. If a player has received a total of three prods and is in need of another prod, they will be automatically replaced.

Article II: Twilight

1. Votes and unvotes will not be counted during twilight.
2. The lynchee may continue to talk during this time, as well as any other living player.
3. Once the lynch scene has been posted, the mod will lock the thread and night will commence.

Article III: Night

1. Night will last 48 hours.
2. During the night, scum may communicate using their provided QuickTopic.
3. During the night, any roles or factions with night abilities may choose to use them by PM-ing the mod (see the Role PM for role-specific instructions).
3a. If the role or faction chooses not to submit an action, a PM to the mod stating such is preferred.
4. Once the deadline for night has passed, all actions not received will count as a No Action.

Article IV: Capital Offenses

1. Do not quote your Role PM.
2. Do not use invisible text, codes, cryptography, etc.
3. If you have the power to edit your posts, don't.
4. Do not insult other players personally.
5. Do not test the mod by experimenting to see what he considers a personal insult.
Dark Red
is the mod's color. Don't use it.
7. Do not talk about ongoing games.
8. Do not quote any QuickTopics you may have access to, unless the mod has given you permission.
9. If any of these offenses in Article IV are committed, the first action taken will be a warning against the player (unless the rule infraction results in a damaging of the game, in which case modkill will occur).
10. Any further offenses committed will result in one of three things: a sterner warning, forced replacement, or a modkill, to be determined at the mod's discretion.
11. Modkill means you are removed from the game and autolossed.

Article V: Miscellaneous

1. The mod has the final say on any issue.
1a. However, the mod can make mistakes. If he does, please point them out either in a PM or in thread.
2. If something is missing from this ruleset, do not exploit the loophole. Instead, point it out to the mod so it can be corrected. Taking advantage of a loophole will result in a modkill.
3. If you need any help, or have questions, or just want to talk in general, feel free to PM the mod.
3a. Obviously, there are certain things the mod can't comment on, like "Who is the scum."
4. In some games, dead people can talk. This doesn't happen to be one of them.
5. The mod reserves the right to edit this ruleset as he deems necessary.
6. Remember, this is a game. Don't forget to have fun!
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

This is an Open Game. The following Role PMs will be used in this game.

Nine people will receive this Role PM.

You are a regular citizen of Liten, in the service of the government. You find the prospect of Arkons and Rebels frightening. Hopefully, you and your fellow citizens can solve this mystery and come out alive. If you can figure out which of you are actually citizens, that is...

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have your mind, and your vote. Use them wisely.

You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated.

Please confirm via PM. Game thread can be found [here].

Two people will receive this Role PM.

You are a Rebel. Many of the governing officials on Liten favor simply giving up their freedom and becoming part of the UTP. You know better than they do, of course. Joining the UTP will mean the downfall of little Liten. You're prepared to go to any length to ensure that Liten remains a free world. This includes killing those in favor of joining the UTP, as well as the Arkons who are masquerading as citizens.

You are a part of
Mafia Group A
. Your partner is [partner's name]. During the night, you may communicate via this [QuickTopic], and collaboratively you may decide on a person to nightkill.

You win when all other factions are dead, or nothing can prevent such from occurring.

Two people will receive this Role PM.

You are an Arkon. You and your brethren have successfully infiltrated the colony of Liten. Your mission: find what the Arkonian government sent you to find, and in the process decimate the pitiful human colony. With the superiority of Arkons to the human race, it shouldn't be too difficult, right?

You are a part of
Mafia Group B
. Your partner is [partner's name]. During the night, you may communicate via this [QuickTopic], and collaboratively you may decide on a person to nightkill.

You win when all other factions are dead, or nothing can prevent such from occurring.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:02 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Roles have been assigned.
PMs going out now...
All PMs have been sent. The game will begin when I have at least 11 confirmations.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:23 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ten's close enough. Unlocking the thread now.

The First! Vote Count

Not Voting: Haylen, Sanhora, Max, Pulindar, Alduskkel, crypto, Nikanor, SFG, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx, horrordude0215, Nicodemus, Sniper

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: March 11th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST

And...go!
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:51 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sarah stared down the long, oval, Litenwood table at the various men and women seated before her. Standing at attention by the entrance to the meeting room were armed guards, in case something went...wrong.

It was hard to stay calm, knowing that, in all likelihood, some of these people were actually Arkons, or possibly even Rebels. Although it wouldn't be easy for the actual citizens to take this news, Sarah had to tell them.

"I'm sure you're all wondering why I had you get up at 0600 to come to a meeting," Sarah began. "Unfortunately, I have some very bad news..."

The Game Has Not Enough Fish Vote Count

(1) Nicodemus: Slaxx
(2) Slaxx: Horrordude0215, Nicodemus

(1) Nikanor: Crypto
(2) Haylen: Pulindar, Haylen
(1) Crypto: Nikanor

Not Voting: Sanhora, Max, Alduskkel, SFG, Steam-Powered Shovel, Sniper

Mod Note: All vote counts are accurate up to the post of the vote count. Any vote that follows the current vote count will not be included until the next vote count.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:51 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Bump for a vote count...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #50 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:51 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sarah finished telling the others about the Arkons and the Rebels. Silence permeated the small meeting room. Expressions of shock and horror traipsed everyone's faces. In the back of Sarah's mind, she couldn't help but wonder just how many of those expressions were fake.

"Dr. York, can you devise a way to scan our people and see whether or not they're Arkons?" Sarah inquired.

"I'm...I'm not sure," Haylen replied. "I'll check the data sent to us by the UTP."

Sarah nodded. "You do that."

The Talking Smiley :lol: Vote Count

(3) Slaxx: Nicodemus, Pulindar, Steam-Powered Shovel
(1) Nikanor: Crypto
(4) Haylen: Haylen, Nikanor, Slaxx, Horrordude0215

Not Voting: Sanhora, Max, Alduskkel, SFG, Sniper

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #68 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Sniper: In order to vote for someone, you need to have it in this format:
Vote: Player X

You can bold your posts by adding the tags [ b ] [ /b ] (delete the spaces).
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #81 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

People glanced at each other nervously, uncertain of who to trust. Then, ever so slowly, a hand was raised, a finger pointed.

"He's been acting rather strange as of late," said Aegis Crypto, indicating Steam Powered Shovel (nobody knew exactly how he came by that name). "Maybe he's been switched for an Arkon!"

Steam's eyes widened. "That's preposterous!" he exclaimed. "I'm no Arkon!"

"Yeah, but who's to believe you?" Crypto replied. And therein lay the source of the problem, reflected Sarah...

Were any of these people trustworthy?

The Red Dead Tired Vote Count

(3) Slaxx: Nicodemus, Pulindar, Steam-Powered Shovel
(5) Haylen: Haylen, Nikanor, Slaxx, Horrordude0215, Alduskkel

(1) Steam-Powered Shovel: Crypto
(1) Sanhora: SFG
(1) Horrordude0215: Sniper

Not Voting: Max, Sanhora

Mod Note: Just so we're clear, what I say in the flavor has no indication as to people's alignments.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #103 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:25 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

With Aegis Crypto seeming to have broken the ice, accusations began flying more freely across the room. Each person seemed to think something about his fellow citizen was peculiar as of late, and that is was sufficient grounds to ponder whether they were, in fact, actually human.

Meanwhile, blissfully unaware of the debate going on around her, Dr. Haylen York studied the data from the UTP on her pocket-PC. She came across some interesting information.

Data Entry: Arkons
Excerpt

Physically, the Arkons look similar to humans. They are slightly larger, but to compensate their bodies possess less mass than the average human. When shapeshifting into human form, they are capable of condensing their total mass so that their size becomes identical to that of a normal human.

In natural state, their skin is dark green, their eyes look almost feline, with black vertical slits for pupils, purple irises, and orange "whites." Their scalp hair and facial hair is as diverse in texture and color as that of a human, although they also naturally possess shades of blue and violet. Their noses are slightly pointier and longer than the average human, while their lips are thinner, and colored purple. [Skips over the description of their bodies, which basically had some minor differences with humans, but were otherwise similar.]

All of these traits can be modified via their shapeshifting, although thus far the UTP is uncertain exactly how they biologically accomplish this. In theory, they can mimic anything they have physically contacted that is of similar mass (prompting speculation as to whether the Arkons have the capability of biologically "reading" human DNA).

For attire, the typical Arkon warrior wears a battlesuit made of black Arkonite, which is very hard to penetrate with conventional laser weaponry (although mass driver weapons have proven effective against them). As for the officers, they wear bright pink one-piece uniforms made out of some form of organic cloth, that tears and reassembles easily. Small, artificially-shaped pieces of Arkonite often adorn these uniforms, and it is believed that these are similar to our own rank and award indications...

End Excerpt

"Fascinating," Haylen mumbled to herself. But this wasn't what she was looking for. Was there a way to detect who was an Arkon with scanners?

The Great Globs of Flavor Vote Count

(1) Slaxx: Nicodemus
(4) Haylen: Haylen, Slaxx, Horrordude0215, Alduskkel

(2) Sanhora: SFG, Pulindar
(2) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel

Not Voting: Max, Sanhora

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:12 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

In light of a recent situation in an ongoing game, the Ruleset has been modified.

From Article IV: Capital Offenses

8. Do not quote any QuickTopics you may have access to, unless the mod has given you permission.
9. If any of these offenses in Article IV are committed, the first action taken will be a warning against the player (unless the rule infraction results in a damaging of the game, in which case modkill will occur).
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #132 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:25 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

"What about Dr. York?" Nik Anor asked. "How do we know that she didn't just kill Simmons herself?"

Actually, that's a good question,
Sarah thought. "Dr. York, what did you did with the Arkon body found in the lab earlier?"

"I have some of my scientists analyzing the body now," Haylen replied. "They'll report any findings to me."

"I'll want to see the body later," Sarah remarked. "Have you found anything regarding the detection of the Arkons?"

"Not yet. I'm working as fast as I can."

"How do we know she isn't stalling?" inquired Nik.

Haylen glared at him momentarily, then resumed staring at the data on her pocket-PC. The fact that Haylen hadn't found anything yet was...not good. If they couldn't find a way to detect the Arkons, how were the colonists supposed to defeat them?

And there were still the Rebels to think about...

The Holy Aunt Toledo! Vote Count

(4) Haylen: Haylen, Slaxx, Horrordude0215, Alduskkel

(2) Sanhora: SFG, Pulindar
(1) Pulindar: Sanhora

Not Voting: Max

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #136 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:44 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

All players have confirmed.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #152 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:35 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

"Um, guys, I have bad news," Haylen reported. "I've searched the entire data cache the UTP sent us and...it looks like there is no known way to detect a shapeshifted Arkon with scanners."

Once again, silence filled the room. Sarah could feel the fear permeating everyone else; it was gripping her as well.

"Well, what now?" asked Sharon Faith Goddard, nicknamed SFG. "Is there anything we can do?"

The I Wish I Had Access to the StarCraft 2 Beta Vote Count

(2) Haylen: Slaxx, Alduskkel

(1) Nikanor: Haylen

Not Voting: Max, SFG, Horrordude0215, Pulindar

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #193 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:09 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Haylen put her pocket-PC in her pocket. "Well, we could take people down to the lab and physically examine them. We've still got the old-fashioned tools--"

A large
boom!
cut off the rest of her sentence. "What was that?" asked Al Duskkel nervously.

"It sounded like an explosion!" exclaimed SFG.

The Oooh! What Happened? Vote Count

(2) Pulindar: Sanhora, Sniper
(1) Sniper: Pulindar

Not Voting: Max, SFG, Horrordude0215, Crypto

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #201 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:54 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

At that moment, Nik Anor's wristcom beeped. Holding his left wrist up to his mouth, he said, "What is it, Officer Fitz?"

Everyone waited patiently. As Chief of Security, Nik would undoubtedly be receiving news on what that loud boom was. They couldn't hear the other side of the conversation due to the wristcom's directional sound.

Nik's eyes widened slightly. "Are you sure?" Silence as he listened to Fitz speaking. "Ok, I'll inform the governor. Thank you."

Nik lowered his wrist and turned to face Sarah. "More bad news," he reported. "The science lab's been blown up."

The No Change Vote Count

Not Voting: Max, SFG, Horrordude0215, Crypto

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #227 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Everyone was shocked by Nik's announcement. "Are- are you sure?" Haylen asked, her voice quavering.

Nik nodded. "As far as we know, there are no survivors.

"Dear lord," murmured Haylen. "Davies...Jackson...Mossman..."

Sarah went over and put a comforting arm around Haylen as she broke into tears.
God help us all,
she thought.

The Zergling Rush Vote Count

(1) Haylen: Slaxx

(2) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel
(1) Steam-Powered Shovel: SFG

Not Voting: Max, Horrordude0215, Crypto

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #242 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:02 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Liten's local currency is called pengrah.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #245 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:24 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Steam-Powered Shovel: Peng-rah.

Max: Don't use dark red please, that is the mod's color. Consider this a warning.

Also, guys, I'm going to be gone for most of the day. Just letting you know.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #257 (isolation #21) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Gradually, Haylen collected herself. "All of- all of the old-fashioned equipment was in the lab," she stated blandly. "Without them, we can't detect the Arkons."

"There is still one possible solution," said Nik Anor.

Sarah glanced at Nik. "And what is that?"

Nik took a deep breath. "According to Dr. York, an Arkon changes back into human form once it is killed. So, the solution is obvious. If we think someone is an Arkon, we kill them."

The Flavor is Getting Tense Vote Count

(1) Steam-Powered Shovel: SFG
(1) SFG: Slaxx

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #265 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:52 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sanhora has been prodded.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #278 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:04 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

For a moment, every jaw in the room dropped to the floor. Then SFG exclaimed, "Are you crazy? We aren't killers!"

Sarah pondered the suggestion in her mind.
Did he really just suggest that? How could we possibly be so barbaric as to kill people based on suspicion?

...and yet, the idea made sense. With no other method of detecting Arkons at their disposal, the only way to find out who was an Arkon was through death. If they simply did nothing, the Arkons would slaughter the colonists easily. Thus, the only chance the citizens of Liten had was to fight back.

"I think he may be right," Sarah said quietly.

The Morality Vote Count

(3) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, SFG

(1) SFG: Slaxx

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #292 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:56 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I potentially have a replacement already lined up for this game. I just need to confirm that this person still wants to replace in.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #301 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Furry replaces Horrordude0215, effective immediately. Give Furry a big round of applause!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #302 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Max Willis, lieutenant governor of Liten, stared angrily at Sarah. "How can you say he's right? What he's suggesting is murder, plain and simple. It's not right!"

"And what happens when the Arkons try to murder us themselves?" inquired Leslie Hampton, the economics advisor for Liten, nicknamed "Furry" due to her affection for wearing synthetic fur coats. "No, the Governor and the Security Chief are correct. Preemptive striking is our only option."

"I must protest--"

"Max, I have spoken," Sarah told him calmly. "I have made my decision, and it is final. Now, we must get on with determining who is or isn't an Arkon."

The First Replacement Vote Count

(4) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, SFG, Haylen

(1) SFG: Crypto
(1) Steam-Powered Shovel: Slaxx

Not Voting: Max, Furry

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #316 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:30 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I'm giving Pulindar five days of V/LA (the normal amount of time someone has to post before they get replaced). If he hasn't returned by then, he'll be replaced.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #328 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sarah could hear the grumbling about her decision, and she hardly blamed them. What they were about to do could be labeled as monstrous, horrific, terrifying. But there was naught else to do, other than wait around for the Arkons to kill them all.

The best way to stop them was to kill them first. At least, that was what she kept telling herself...

Meanwhile, a flurry of hands pointed at Gerald Sniper. "He's been acting very strange as of late," Nicodemus Torr remarked. "It just doesn't seem...
human
."

The College is a Waste of Time Vote Count

(5) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, SFG, Haylen, Nicodemus

(1) Steam-Powered Shovel: Slaxx

Not Voting: Max, Furry

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #331 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Ruleset has been modified.

From Article I: Day

8b. If a player has received a total of three prods and is in need of another prod, they will be automatically replaced.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #367 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:35 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

More fingers began pointing at Sniper. Glares accompanied them.

"I'm innocent! Honest!" Sniper protested. "But if you don't believe me, I'll sacrifice myself for the good of Liten."

"Bah, you're crazy," grumbled Nicodemus under his breath.

The I Have to Write a Script Vote Count

(4) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, Haylen, Slaxx

Not Voting: Max, Furry, SFG, Nicodemus, Sniper

Regarding Sniper voting himself: I'm going to give him an Official Warning for this. Playing against your win condition is not in keeping with the spirit of the game. Since you are relatively new, I won't modkill/force replace you yet. But please, try to avoid such behavior in the future if you wish to keep playing this game.

Also, I am searching for a replacement for Sanhora. If he manages to return before a replacement is found, he can keep his spot.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #369 (isolation #31) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:13 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Ruleset has been modified.

From Article IV: Capital Offenses

10. Any further offenses committed will result in one of three things: a sterner warning, forced replacement, or a modkill, to be determined at the mod's discretion.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #375 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

A moment later, Max remarked, "What about Al Duskkel? He's not been doing anything at all thus far."

Dr. York's head nodded in agreement. "And Nik is just acting...weird."

The EEG-MRI Vote Count

(4) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, Haylen, Slaxx

(1) Alduskkel: Max

Not Voting: Furry, SFG, Nicodemus, Sniper

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #394 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

LordChronos replaces Sanhora, effective immediately. Give him a big round of applause, everyone!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #395 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Also, Slaxx, are you aware that the color of your sig keep changing? ;)
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #400 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

"Hey, everybody! Listen up!" called Jerome Slaxx. Everyone quieted down and looked in Slaxx's direction. "I think Nicodemus looks rather suspect. And what about Crypto, the guy is just full of himself. And what about..."

And so he went on and on, detailing his suspicions in full. Everyone was enraptured by his words.

The I Fail At Bumping Vote Count

(3) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx
(1) Pulindar: LordChronos
(3) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, Haylen

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #405 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:58 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Prodding Nikanor early because I'm going to be V/LA from now until sometime late Friday. If he manages to post here before 11:00 a.m. CST today, his prod won't count towards the three-prod limit.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #425 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:50 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Lord Phillip Chronos was a wealthy man, if a bit ill-mannered and lackadaisical. Originally he and his family had come to Liten to escape the UTP's tax structure. Since joining the colony, the Chronos family constantly tried to work themselves into the center of power. The closest they had gotten thus far was Phillip, who was the head of the Department of Transportation. It wasn't much, but it was the best the Chronos could get. At least it ensured a place on Governor St. Kerrigan's cabinet.

For the most part, Lord Chronos kept to himself while the whole debate about Arkons and Rebels was going on. Suddenly, however, he stood up and said,

"I have an announcement to make." Everyone turned to face him. "I just want everyone to know that there's going to be a party at the Chronos residence in three days. All of you are invited.

"That is all."

He sat back down. Sarah's palm went to her forehead. Sometimes, she had to wonder whether the guy was even paying attention to what he was supposed to do...

The Mod Is Not Yet on V/LA Vote Count

(3) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx
(1) Pulindar: LordChronos
(3) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, Haylen

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #439 (isolation #38) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:39 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ok,
now
the mod's going V/LA. See you guys on Friday!
:D
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #506 (isolation #39) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:21 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Not officially back from V/LA, but I had some spare time. And sheesh, why is that you guys get busy whenever I'm not around?
:P

Thanks Hayl for the interim vote counts. And welcome back, Pulindar! :D Nico, sorry if the game bores you. :(
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #507 (isolation #40) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:35 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

"You idiot!" Slaxx hissed. "How could you possibly be thinking of your stupid party at a time like this!"

"Well, he probably isn't an Arkon," SFG remarked. "Unless Arkons know how to party."

Nicodemus shot her a dirty look that clearly stated the witty comment was unappreciated.

"What?" asked SFG. "We're in a matter of life and death, here. If we don't try for a few laughs, we'll all die of sheer boredom."

"Oh, so you think the taking of another man's life is funny?" Nicodemus growled. "What have you been smoking lately?"

SFG gasped. "I do
not
smoke!"

"Not so hilarious now, is it?"

The I Wish Nicodemus Wasn't Bored With My Game Vote Count

(5) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx, Sniper, Haylen

(2) Max: Furry, LordChronos

Not Voting: SFG, Nicodemus

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #530 (isolation #41) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:06 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Crypto has been prodded. I'm going to start the replacement countdown timer from the time on this post.

Also, I stole Steam's vote count and I'm officially back from V/LA.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #550 (isolation #42) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:00 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

"Wait a minute, where's Crypto?" asked Nik.

Sarah looked around. Sure enough, Crypto had disappeared. "Get a search team together," Sarah ordered Nik. "Find him, before something bad happens to him."

Nik nodded and lifted up his wristcom to give the order.

Sarah looked at her own wristcom, to check the time. It was late in the day, and so far nothing productive had been done. "Let's hurry this up," Sarah mentioned to the others. Although, considering what they were going to do, who could blame them for wanting to take more time?

The Cookies are Scummy Vote Count

Not Voting: SFG, Nicodemus

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #567 (isolation #43) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:04 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

In about an hour Crypto will be up for replacement. I potentially have the slot already filled, I just need the person to confirm that they still want to replace in.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #571 (isolation #44) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:35 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Crypto is now up for replacement. If he manages to show up before my slated replacement confirms, he can keep his spot.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #575 (isolation #45) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

"Excuse me for a moment," Nik said politely. Sarah nodded. "Um...you might want to see this, too," Nik added. "It's about Crypto."

Sarah raised her eyebrow. What could possibly be wrong? Standing up, she told the others to continue the discussion without her and Nik. She followed Nik out the door and down the hall.

"Okay, what's this about?" she inquired.

The Where's
Waldo
Crypto? Vote Count

(1) LordChronos: SFG

Not Voting: Nicodemus

Deadline's coming up soon, guys. Just reminding you.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #579 (isolation #46) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The first person I had lined up to replace couldn't do it. I have one more option that I'm trying before I go to the replacement queue. Stand by...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #600 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:33 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sarah and Nik continued walking down the hall towards the men's restroom. Standing outside were two security guards.

Sarah raised an eyebrow. "What happened in here?"

Nik nodded to the guards, and they opened the door...

The What's in the Bathroom Vote Count

(4) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel, Sniper, Haylen

(4) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, Slaxx, SFG

Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #639 (isolation #48) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

...and inside the bathroom was a human body, lying face-down on the floor in a pool of dark red blood. Although she couldn't see the face, Sarah recognized the clothing. It was Aegis Crypto.

"Oh my god," she whispered.

Nik nodded. "Definitely not a laser weapon. My guess is that they used a knife."

Sarah crossed herself. "God have mercy on his soul."

"Amen," Nik echoed.

As Liten's Secretary of the Treasury, Crypto had played an important role in her cabinet. She held back the tears in her eyes. There would be time for mourning later. Right now, she had a job to do.

Lifting her wristcom to her face, she stated, "Wristcom, contact Marty McDragonfly."

McDragonfly. Formerly Crypto's assistant, now Secretary of the Treasury. She wondered how he would take the news.

Soon she heard a voice. "Marty McDragonfly here. You wanted me, governor?"

She filled him in on the situation. "Sweet Mary," he breathed. "I can't believe this is happening."

"Neither can I," replied Sarah. "I need you to go directly to Meeting Room One immediately. And don't breathe a word about this to anyone. We need to try and keep the general population from panicking."

"Aye, ma'am. I'm on my way."

The Four Hours of Sleep Vote Count

(5) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel, Sniper, Haylen, Furry
(5) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, Slaxx, SFG, LordChronos

(1) SFG: Dragonfly13

Dragonfly13 replaces Crypto, effective immediately. Give him a hand, folks!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #673 (isolation #49) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Vote Count will appear on the next page because I don't want two so close to each other.

And as a reminder, I extended the deadline to Saturday, March 13th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #677 (isolation #50) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:11 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

"Let's head back," Sarah told Nik quietly. "We can't do anything more here."

"Agreed," Nik replied. The two of them started walking back to the meeting room, painfully aware of every step they made. This was supposed to be a quiet, peaceful colony, Sarah thought. Now everything was being turned upside down. The one recourse they had against this invasion was almost as barbaric as the invasion itself.

Don't second guess yourself, Sarah. It's the correct decision, and like it or not you've got to stick with it.

The Movie Script Vote Count

(6) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel, Sniper, Haylen, Furry, Max

(5) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, Slaxx, SFG, LordChronos

Deadline: March 13th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #728 (isolation #51) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:46 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Final Day 1 Vote Count

(7) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel, Sniper, Haylen, Furry, Max, Slaxx

(5) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, SFG, LordChronos, Nicodemus

Not Voting: none

Flavor and reveal coming up shortly.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #729 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:06 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

When Nik and Sarah returned to the meeting room, they found the rest of the board waiting for them. The two guards she'd assigned to guard the room held Nicodemus by the arms. As soon as he saw Sarah, Nicodemus began to struggle valiantly.

"Please, you have to stop them!" he pleaded. "I'm no Arkon, and I'm not a bloody rebel, either. It's all a misunderstanding! You've got to help me! Please!"

Sarah looked at the others quizzically. "What has he done?" she inquired.

One by one the others presented evidence indicating Nicodemus' guilt. How he kept mostly to himself, had little interest in helping find the Arkons, and so forth. Sarah listened intently. By the time they were finished, she was convinced.

"There's only one way to find out for sure," Sarah said quietly. The next few words almost refused to come out of her mouth, but she said them anyway. "Guards, execute him."

Nicodemus' eyes widened. "You can't believe those lunatics!" he screamed. "I'm loyal to Liten, loyal to
you
!"

One of the guards released Nicodemus just as the other one grabbed both of his arms. The free guard took out his laser pistol and aimed. Sarah forced herself to watch, to accept responsibility for what she had ordered.
I will not cower and turn away from what I've done.

The guard fired straight into Nicodemus' heart, and immediately the man went limp in the holding guard's arms. Sarah stared intently. There was no change forthcoming.

Nicodemus was human, then. And judging by what he had said, he wasn't a Rebel, either. Suddenly, the reality of what she'd done hit her like a mass driver.
I ordered the death of an innocent man...
Forcing the tears to stay out of her eyes, she turned back to the others.

"I...I think we all need some rest after this. Nik, have some of your guards protect the entrances to our quarters. Hopefully that'll deter anyone trying to kill us overnight."

"Aye, ma'am," Nik replied. Silently everyone left the room, until Sarah was left alone. Only then did she allow herself to weep for poor Nicodemus.

Nicodemus. An innocent man, slaughtered by Sarah's own words.
Can I ever forgive myself for this?

She shook her head. There would be time for forgiveness later. Gruesome and appalling as it was, she knew that she had little choice but to continue down this path of death. Even if she lost her soul to the devil along the way...

Nicodemus,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 1.

Night Actions due Sunday, March 14th, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. CST.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #730 (isolation #53) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:17 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

It has been pointed out that my rules clearly state that night will only last 48 hours, while I set Night 1 to last 72 hours. This was an error on my part, for which I apologize.

Since I've already stated how long Night 1 would last, and a change would shorten that amount of time, I won't alter the deadline for Night 1. All future nights, however, will last the rule-stated 48 hours.

My apologies for the mistake.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #731 (isolation #54) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:16 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Nicodemus stared up at her, his eyes widened in dismay. "Don't do it, Sarah!" he pleaded, desperation embedded into his voice. "Please, don't kill me!"

Sarah shook her head. "I have no choice," she said simply. She took the dagger in her hand and plunged it deep into Nicodemus' heart. Dark red blood gushed out, splattering her hand, her arm, her face, and it was warm and runny--

Sarah shot up in her bed, beads of sweat clinging to her face and arms, her breaths coming in shallow and fast. Gradually she calmed herself down, forced her breathing to regulate itself.
It was only a nightmare, Sarah.

But what a horrific nightmare it had been. She thought she'd pushed all thoughts of guilt from her mind. Apparently her subconscious wouldn't let her get away from this unscarred--

The vidcom beeped. Immediately Sarah went rigid with fear.
Has one of us died?
Forcing herself out of bed, she stepped stiffly over to the vidcom and pushed the answer button.

Nik was on the other end. "I'm afraid I have--" Suddenly he averted his eyes. "Um...you forgot something, ma'am."

Sarah looked down and blushed. All she had on was her underwear. Quickly she dashed over to her robe, which was folded over the chair next to her desk. Then she returned to the vidcom.

"Sorry about that," she apologized. "Now, what were you saying?"

"I have bad news," Nik reported. "My guards did a patrol sweep, and...well, they found bodies, ma'am. The guards protecting Lord Chronos and McDragonfly's quarters were dead, slaughtered at their posts."

Chills went down Sarah's spine. "And the people they were protecting?"

Nik sighed. "Dead as well."

Is there anywhere that is safe?
"Wake everybody up," Sarah ordered. "If your men can't protect them, then we can't afford to sleep. We've got to figure this thing out."

"Aye, ma'am." Nik switched off his vidcom.

Sarah yawned and got dressed, making sure she was armed with her laser pistol. She didn't want anyone jumping her on the way to the meeting room.

Dragonfly13,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1.
LordChronos,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1.

It is now Day 2. Day will end on Saturday, March 27th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Also, sorry about being an hour late. I forgot about Daylight Savings Time. :oops:
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #732 (isolation #55) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:31 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The First (2) Vote Count

Not Voting: Haylen, Max, Pulindar, Alduskkel, Nikanor, SFG, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx, Furry, Sniper

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: March 27th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #750 (isolation #56) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sarah arrived at the meeting room. She sat at the head of the table, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. Her nightmare of Nicodemus refused to leave her mind. And this morning two more people had died...

Why did this have to happen to me?

The Petunia that Cried Venus Flytrap Vote Count

(1) Max: Steam-Powered Shovel

Not Voting: Haylen, Max, Pulindar, Alduskkel, Nikanor, SFG, Slaxx, Furry, Sniper

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #827 (isolation #57) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:45 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile, guys, my life is getting rather busy. I'll an official vote count up for you ASAP.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #828 (isolation #58) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:58 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

"...wake up, Sarah."

Sarah opened her eyes. Someone was shaking her. Had she dozed off? "What is it?" she mumbled sleepily.

"The...surviving members of the Cabinet are here," Max replied. "Our meeting can begin."

Sarah rubbed her eyes and looked at the people seated around the table. "I'm sure you've noticed by now that we have two more vacant seats," Sarah stated. "Unfortunately, there is ill news behind that..."

The Future Film Director Vote Count

(4) Max: Steam-Powered Shovel, Furry, Nikanor, Sniper

(2) Sniper: Pulindar, Haylen
(3) Haylen: Alduskkel, Slaxx, SFG

Not Voting: Max

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #995 (isolation #59) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:45 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I'm sorry I've been absent, guys. My life is really going to hell as of the moment, and I've been trying to cope. Thanks to Haylen for taking over for me, and I'll uphold the deadline extension she gave. She'll remain my backup mod.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1043 (isolation #60) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Due to the arrival of Deathnote, I will extend the deadline until Saturday, April 3rd, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1077 (isolation #61) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Final Day 2 Vote Count

(5) Nikanor: Slaxx, SFG, Max, Alduskkel, DeathNote

(4) Max: Steam-Powered Shovel, Furry, Nikanor, Sniper

Sarah couldn't believe what she was hearing. Nik, Chief of Security, one of the people she thought she could trust with her life. How could he have turned his back on the people of Liten? Or was he...Sarah shuddered.

"You had access to the weapons," Jerome Slaxx accused Nik. "The guards trusted you. Who better to betray and murder them than you?"

"That is the most preposterous accusation I have heard in my entire life!" Nik exclaimed indignantly. "Just because I can access the colony's weaponry doesn't mean I used them for ill intentions. And you have the
gall
to imply that I would murder my own men! These accusations are slanderous--"

Suddenly, the door to the conference room opened. Sarah turned her head to watch as a man wearing the Liten Security uniform strode in toward where Nik was seated. In his hand he held a datachip.

"Hello, Officer," Nik greeted. "So what do you have for--"

Officer Ratliff walked straight past his Chief of Security and stopped next to Sarah, on her right.

"What is it, Officer?" Sarah inquired.

"Governor, ma'am, I'm Officer Ratliff. My job is to watch the security vids for anything unusual. Last night most of our security cameras went offline for about an hour."

"You never told us that," Sharon Faith Goddard said pointedly in Nik Anor's direction. She was met with silence.

"Go on," Sarah told the officer.

"However, my team and I later discovered that one of the cameras was still online. So I looked at the footage, and--"

Suddenly, a laser bolt struck Officer Ratliff in the back, and he collapsed to the ground. Sarah immediately glanced at Nik, and sure enough, he held a laser pistol in his hand. Slowly he replaced it in his holster.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but that datachip was actually a miniature explosive," Nik explained. "He was planning on blowing us up, and taking out the top levels of government!"

"Horsepucky!" growled Deth Noht. "You know full well what was on that datachip. It incriminates you as a murderer!" Around the room, a chorus of ayes followed that remark.

The guards from outside the door rushed in. "We heard a laser blast," one of them told Nik. "Is everything all right?"

Nik turned to indicate the dead body on the floor. "How did this guy convince you to let him in here?" he shouted indignantly. "Do you know how close he came to blowing us to smithereens?"

"Don't listen to him!" Max protested. "He's a murderer, and Officer Ratliff had the evidence to prove it! Why don't we just play the video on the datachip and prove it?"

"That's not a datachip!" retorted Nik. "It's an explosive!"

"I don't believe you," said Al Duskkel. Heads nodded in agreement. Desperately Nik turned to Sarah.

"You don't believe these morons, do you?" he asked. "I've never let you down, you know you can trust me."

Slowly Sarah shook her head. "I'm sorry Nik, but I'm not sure if I believe you. Nik Anor, you are hereby relieved of duty as Chief of Security. Guards, take Mr. Anor into custody--"

"Screw you." Suddenly Nik's laser pistol was in his hand again, and everyone gasped. "Screw all of you!"

The guards immediately trained their laser rifles on their former boss. "Don't do it, man," one of them warned Nik. "It'll break my heart to shoot ya, but if you make me I will."

"You think I'm a traitor? Nay!" Nik exclaimed. "It is
you
who are traitors! Joining the UTP is a mistake. We should never have even considered it as an option." Keeping his body still, Nik turned to Sarah. "They may offer us protection now, but when the Arkon invasion is over, the UTP will become a tyranny, grinding us into the dirt and making us slaves to the bureaucracy!
Nothing
will make me agree to join the UTP. I'd rather die!"

Before anyone could stop him, Nik shoved the laser pistol under his chin and pulled the trigger. The echo of the laser blast permeated the conference room as Nik slumped limply to the floor with a
thud
. Everyone looked at Sarah, uncertain of what to do.

"Take care of the bodies," Sarah ordered the guards. She stood up from her chair, then bent over to pick up the datachip lying on the floor. "The rest of you, get some sleep."

Nikanor,
Rebel
Mafia Group A
, has been lynched on Day 2.

Night will end on Monday, April 5th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST. Bad guys, that's how long you have to submit your actions to me.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Sat May 01, 2010 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1078 (isolation #62) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

It was a long, terrible night. Some slept fitfully. Others found no sleep at all. The next morning, Sarah and the surviving members of her cabinet arrived in the conference room for a fresh round of heated debate.

When Sarah did a head count, however, she found that one person was missing: Max, the lieutenant governor of Liten.

Calling up the new Chief of Security on her wristcom, Sarah ordered him to send a squad to check Max's quarters. Tensely she waited for their reply, as did the others. Ten minutes later, the Chief of Security replied,

"Ma'am, I'm sorry to report that the Lieutenant Governor is dead."

Sarah nodded. She had feared this. "Thank you," she stated numbly. "Take the body and examine it for whatever evidence you can use to catch the perpetrators."

"Aye, ma'am. Over and out."

Blankly Sarah lowered her wrist. Would this insanity ever end?

Max,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 2.

Deadline is on Monday, April 19th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST. With eight alive, it takes five to lynch.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Sat May 01, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1297 (isolation #63) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

SFG and Deathnote, I'm issuing both of you with an official warning for violating Ruleset Article IV, Point 7 (namely, the rule forbidding discussion about ongoing games). It may be okay to talk about that game in other places, but this game isn't one of those places. Please keep that in mind.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1365 (isolation #64) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:37 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Because I haven't been paying as much attention to this game as I should have due to other concerns, I'll grant a one-week deadline extension. The new deadline is now Monday, April 26th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST.

The Mod is Doing a Terrible Job Vote Count

(3) DeathNote: Steam-Powered Shovel, Alduskkel, Sniper

(1) Slaxx: DeathNote
(3) Sniper: Pulindar, Slaxx, Furry

Not Voting: SFG

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch.

Deadline is on Monday, April 26th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST.

I should hopefully be able to be more involved in this game from hereon out. Adding in flavor will take awhile, though, and I'm no longer going to present flavor with vote counts, as it is too demanding on my brain at this point in time.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1387 (isolation #65) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:11 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Dark Satanic Monster that Lives in My Computer Vote Count

(1) DeathNote: Steam-Powered Shovel
(4) Sniper: Slaxx, Furry, Alduskkel, Sniper

Not Voting: SFG, Pulindar

Deadline is on Monday, April 26th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST.

Since Sniper was already given an Official Warning for doing the exact same thing he just did in Post #1381, he will be force replaced. There will not, however, be a deadline extension, since I've already given one.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1419 (isolation #66) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:39 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Deadline is in two days. I would put a vote count here, but there already is one on this page and I think you guys can do the math.

I have not yet been able to procure a replacement for Sniper. If one isn't found before the deadline, then night will either last four days (twice as long as normal) or two days after the slot is replaced. If after four days the slot isn't filled, it will be modkilled.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1425 (isolation #67) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:26 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

xRECKONERx replaces Sniper, effective immediately.

The deadline will receive one more extension. The final deadline is Friday, April 30th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST. In other words, you have four extra days.

The Undead Vote Count

(2) xRECKONERx: Alduskkel, xRECKONERx
(3) Alduskkel: SFG, Slaxx, Furry

Not Voting: Pulindar

Deadline is on Friday, April 30th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST.

DeathNote and Pulindar have been prodded.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1426 (isolation #68) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:32 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I just realized that DeathNote has ventured well into replacement range. Since I didn't realize this until now (and I'm really not looking forward to replacement hunting again), I'll still give him the 48 hours to respond to my prod.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1440 (isolation #69) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Slaxx wrote:Bleh I kinda was hoping for a modkill.

Is that bad?
Slaxx,
Chuck Norris
Unlimited Daykill Lynch Immune Bulletproof Serial Killer
, has been modkilled Day 3 by request. After winning the weekly celestial poker tournament between God, Satan, and mith, the mod got God to resurrect Slaxx and reassign him with a brand-new role.

The mod almost modkilled Alduskkel as well for ninja infringement, but was persuaded otherwise for reasons known to a certain female individual. Anyways, carry on.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1461 (isolation #70) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:09 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The SC2 Beta is DLing Vote Count

(1) Pulindar: xRECKONERx
(1) xRECKONERx: Alduskkel
(2) Alduskkel: SFG, Furry

Not Voting: Pulindar, Slaxx

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1473 (isolation #71) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:54 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I deleted Sniper's new post and gave him a warning for it. If he does it again, I told him Mith would hear about it.

Carry on.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1482 (isolation #72) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Mod Has a Wicked Idea for the Ultimate Bastard Setup Vote Count

(2) Pulindar: xRECKONERx, Steam-Powered Shovel
(1) xRECKONERx: Alduskkel
(2) Alduskkel: SFG, Furry

Not Voting: Pulindar, Slaxx

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1493 (isolation #73) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Deadline is two days away. There will be no further deadline extensions. You have been reminded.

The What the Hell, I Might as Well Do a Vote Count

(2) Pulindar: xRECKONERx, Steam-Powered Shovel
(3) Alduskkel: SFG, Furry, DeathNote

Not Voting: Pulindar, Slaxx, Alduskkel

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1495 (isolation #74) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:06 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Pulindar has received his second prod.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1531 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The What the Hell was the Mod Thinking When He Decided to Procrastinate on His Art Paper Which is Due Today at Ten in the Morning so He Has to Pull an All-nighter in Order to Get it Done Vote Count

(3) Pulindar: xRECKONERx, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx

(2) Alduskkel: SFG, DeathNote

Not Voting: Pulindar, Alduskkel, Furry

Less than 24 hours to deadline.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1535 (isolation #76) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:47 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Deadline in eight hours plus change. And I still haven't gotten any sleep. :P

On the upside, I did get that paper turned in on time...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1539 (isolation #77) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:59 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Deadline is in three hours.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1543 (isolation #78) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Final Day 3 Vote Count

(4) Pulindar: xRECKONERx, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx, Furry

(2) Alduskkel: SFG, DeathNote

Not Voting: Pulindar, Alduskkel

Since five votes were not acheived, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched. Pulindar, with a total of four votes, has been lynched.

As the day drew to a close, the name of Algernon Pulindar came up more and more often as an acceptable choice for today's murder ritual.
And make no mistake, we are committing murder,
Sarah thought darkly.
I can only hope that this is actually worth it in the end.

"I insist, it can't be me!" Pulindar pleaded. "I mean, look at my face! Does this look like the face of a murderer?"

"Arkons can look like whatever they want," replied X. Reck, the newly-elected Chief of Security. "And you've not been acting like yourself lately."

"Oh, but what do
you
know? How is it that you can tell whether or not my behavior is normal?"

Heads began to nod in accord. Resolutely Sarah lifted her wristcom to her face to call in the guards.

"Daktog wes sore, hitoslik!" Pulindar snarled in a guttural voice, leaping out of his chair and onto the table. Jagged, sharp claws emerged from his fingertips, and his eyes took a feline appearance. Everyone bolted to their feet in fright. "Voragari dzom feisig ewigrinai kuroker!"

The conference room doors opened, and the two guards walked in. "What was that noi- hey, what the hell?"

Shrieking an alien warcry, the Arkon hurled itself at the guards, taking one of them down to the floor and ripping his throat out. The other guard attempted to bring his rifle to bear, but the Arkon was too fast, too strong, ripping the weapon out of the guard's hands before tearing out his throat as well.

Sarah reached for her pistol, but in her attempt to get it out of the holster she fumbled it onto the floor.
Move, move!
she hissed at herself, crouching to pick the weapon up. Glancing up, she saw the Arkon turn in her direction and leap into the air.

Time seemed to slow to a trickle. Sarah slowly reached for the laser pistol, simultaneously tensing up her leg muscles to push herself away from the horrific Arkon. The alien menace homed in on Sarah, its body now fully transformed into Arkon form, yet still wearing Pulindar's gray business suit. Red blood stained the front of the shirt and suitcoat. She had the pistol, but it was too late. The Arkon was too close. Any moment now those deadly claws would puncture her throat, bringing a painful end to her life...

...and suddenly, a body flung itself in the path of the Arkon, knocking it away from Sarah and pummeling it against the wall. Both Arkon and human toppled to the floor. Reacting purely on adrenaline, Sarah trained her weapon on the Arkon and pulled the trigger. Red energy seared the Arkon's flesh, cooking the organs within. It uttered a primal scream. Sarah shot it again. The Arkon fell silent, unmoving.

It was dead. Thank god.

Only now did Sarah look to see who it was that had saved her from the Arkon.
Haylen.
She too was lying silently on the floor, motionless, her back turned to Sarah.

"Oh, god..." Sarah scuttled on her hands and knees across the floor to where Dr. Haylen York lay, anxiously turning her body over to expose the face.

Her throat wasn't slit. But the front of Haylen's body was gouged and torn, with blood gushing out onto the floor, onto Haylen's clothing, onto Sarah's hands. Tensely Sarah reached for Haylen's hand to check her pulse...

...it was very faint, but present. Haylen was alive.

Shakily Sarah held up her wristcom. "Medical, this is Governor St. Kerrigan. Get a medic to Meeting Room 1 right now!"

Pulindar,
Arkon
Mafia Group B
, has been lynched on Day 3.

Since night will occur over a weekend, I'll extend the length of night from 48 hours to 72. Night will end on Monday, May 3rd, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST.

I can't access the Quicktopics at the moment, so scum, you can go ahead and post there if you feel so inclined.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Tue May 04, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1544 (isolation #79) » Sun May 02, 2010 8:25 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

All of the lynch and night scenes have been added in for your viewing pleasure.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1545 (isolation #80) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sarah couldn't sleep that night. Visions of Dr. York, the dead bodyguards, and that dreadful Arkon kept flooding her mind, grinding away at her sanity.
Come to the darkness,
a voice whispered in her head.
Embrace the blackness that consumes.
Soon the very walls seemed to be oozing with Arkons, crawling slowly but surely across the floor, eager to tear her apart. There was no hope, no escape--

Sarah screamed and slammed the light switch. The phantoms vanished back into the recesses of her mind. She glanced at the clock. Five hours until morning. Giving up on sleep, she got out of bed, threw on a set of clothing, strapped on her laser pistol, and departed for the security wing of the Government Center. Twelve minutes later, she was inside the surveillance room, accompanied by one of the Night Watch, a nice-looking young man.

"Couldn't sleep?" the guard asked.

Sarah nodded. "Where's X. Reck?"

"He said he was too stressed out to work effectively, so he went to get some shut-eye. I'm in charge while he's gone."

He shouldn't disappear at a time like this...
Sarah dismissed the question from her mind and looked at the vast array of video screens lining the wall in front of her. "You can see everything with these?"

"Nothing gets by us!" the guard proclaimed proudly.

The woman monitoring the security feed turned in her chair. "Unless you get equipment malfunctions, like we seem to be having lately."

Suddenly, every single screen on the wall displayed static. Every muscle in Sarah's body tensed up fearfully.

"I'm sorry about this," apologized the male guard. "We'll fix things up right--"

"Forget that!" Sarah interrupted. "Send men to check on all the sleeping quarters, now!"

"But ma'am, we've got bodyguards outside to ensure--"

"I don't care! Just do it!"

Resolutely, the guard nodded and dashed out of the surveillance room.
Oh please, god, not again,
Sarah begged silently.

Thirty minutes later, the guard came back. "Um, ma'am...two more people have died."

Sarah slammed her fist against the wall. "Dammit! Who?"

"Sharon Faith Goddard and Jerome Slaxx."

I've had enough of this crap!
"Is everyone awake?"

"Of course, but we told them to go back to--"

"Get everybody up, and bring them to the meeting room," Sarah commanded. "We've got to get rid of this nightmare once and for all!"

The guard didn't move. Sarah glared at him. "Well? Do as I say!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

SFG,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 3.
Slaxx,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 3.

With five alive, it takes three votes to lynch. Deadline is on Monday, May 17th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST.

Additionally,
Furry is on V/LA until May 11th.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1546 (isolation #81) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I can't win. :P

Also, I know there's at least one typo in the night scene and that the topic still says Night 3, but for some reason MS is being a [censored by Mith] about letting me edit posts today, so I'll deal with them later.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1554 (isolation #82) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:09 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Insanity Vote Count

(2) DeathNote: Steam-Powered Shovel, xRECKONERx

Not Voting: Furry, DeathNote, Alduskkel

With five alive, it takes three to lynch.

Deadline is on Monday, May 17th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1570 (isolation #83) » Wed May 05, 2010 2:27 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Final Day 4 Vote Count

(3) DeathNote: xRECKONERx, DeathNote, Steam-Powered Shovel

Not Voting: Alduskkel, Furry

With five alive, it takes three to lynch.

Lynch scene forthcoming.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1571 (isolation #84) » Wed May 05, 2010 2:51 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Almost immediately after everyone gathered into the room, accusations flew out. Most of them were directed at a single person: Deth Noht.

"Look at the way he's been behaving," proclaimed X. Reck. "He's just not interested in Liten's survival at all."

"And he has associations with the dead Arkon," Al Duskkel added.

"Something just isn't right about him," concluded Furry, drawing her synthetic mink shawl across her shoulders.

"Hey Deth, why don't you just kill yourself and do us a favor?" asked Steam Powered Shovel.

Sarah watched silently throughout the day as the accusations piled on Deth thick and heavy. Suddenly, Deth leaped out of his chair and drew a laser pistol. Everyone else sat tensely in their seats.

"Shut up!" Deth screamed. "I know you all hate me and suspect me and want me dead! Well, fine! I'm sick of all this crap anyway! Good-bye, and good riddance!"

With those words, he held the gun to his forehead and pulled the trigger. A burst of red light shot out from the back of his head and singed the wall behind him. Horrified, Sarah and the others stared as Deth slowly collapsed to the floor, as dead as the other victims of this catastrophe had been.

"Oops," Steam remarked.

Sarah glared at him. "Shut up," she snarled. "All right, every, back to your quarters."

"But--it's still evening," Furry protested. "How are we supposed to--"

"I don't give a damn! Everyone, go! Now!"

Silently the others stood up and departed the room. Sarah sighed. She knew she was short on sleep. She knew her sanity was being eaten away. The only way to stop this debacle was to find those Rebels and Arkons and deal with them once and for all. But with four officials left and two killers, what hope did Liten have for survival?

You aren't doing yourself any favors sitting here and brooding about things that are beyond your control.

Sarah stood up. Might as well go ahead and check on Haylen's condition. At least the walk to Medical would be good exercise...

DeathNote,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 4.

Night has begun. All actions due Friday, May 7th, 2010, at 9:00 a.m.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Wed May 05, 2010 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1572 (isolation #85) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sarah entered the Medical Center and stepped briskly up to the receptionist's desk. The blonde woman manning the desk glanced up sharply and gasped,

"Governor St. Kerrigan! Um, how may I help you?"

"I'd like to visit Dr. Haylen York's quarters," Sarah replied.

"Uh, let me get Dr. Krogansteen." The receptionist turned in her chair and punched some numbers on the intercom keypad and pressed her free hand against her earpiece. "Dr. Krogansteen? Governor St. Kerrigan wants to see you regarding Dr. York."

"But I don't want to--"

"All right, sir, I'll tell her." The lady turned back to face Sarah. "He'll be out to see you shortly."

"That's not what I wanted!" Sara snapped. "I want to see Haylen!"

"Well, um...I think I should let him explain that."

What does that mean?
Before Sarah could press further, the door to her left opened, and a middle-aged man with salt-and-pepper hair and a white hospital coat strode in.

"Hello, Governor," he said. "I'm Dr. Krogansteen. I was the one in charge of Dr. York's care--"

"I remember. I want to see my friend." She paused. "Wait. What do you mean
was
?"

Dr. Krogansteen sighed. "Ma'am, I'm sorry to say this, but Dr. Haylen York died at 1555 hours."

Haylen,
Lead Scientist
Backup Mod
, died Night 4.

The shock impacted Sarah like a cannon shot.
Haylen's dead? Oh god, no! Please, god, no!
Tears welled up in her eyes. More and more good people were dying, and she was supposed to protect Liten, and she was failing her duty, dammit--

Suddenly, her wristcom beeped. Reluctantly, she held her wrist under her mouth. "W-what?"

"Governor, ma'am, it's X. Reck!" In the background, she could hear bloodcurdling screams, laser blasts, and primal growling. "We're under attack! It's the damn Arkon- oh, crap!" A loud
thud
. "Aaaauuuugh!"

Silence.

xRECKONERx,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 4.

Immediately Sarah dropped her arm, drew her laser pistol, and bolted out of the Medical Center.
I'm going to find that Arkon and fry his alien brains into a crisp, even if it's the last thing I do!
She had barely gone down a few corridors, however, when she took a turn and saw Al Duskkel standing in the middle of the hall. She skidded to a halt. Suddenly Al slumped ignobly to the plastiphane floor to reveal Furry, a laser pistol in her hand.

Alduskkel,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 4.

Sarah stared in shock as Furry glanced down at Al's dead corpse, and then at her. "Hi, honey," she said sweetly as she took aim and shot Sarah's right hand. Skin seared and sizzled as the intense energy liquefied and charred it, causing Sarah to drop her weapon and clutch her wrist in agony.

"You..." Sarah gasped. "It...it was you..."

"Uh-huh." Furry then shot Sarah in the left leg, dropping the Governor to the floor. "You know, it didn't have to turn out like this. Nik Anor hated what the mistake you were making, but he didn't want to kill you." Then Furry frowned. "But then you had to force him to kill himself. I loved Nik, you know. He was the love of my life. Now my soul feels empty, purposeless. So it seems only fitting that I be the one to end your life..."

Casually she lifted her pistol and took aim at Sarah's head. Sarah closed her eyes and smiled. After all the death, pain, and treachery she had witnessed, she was glad that should wouldn't have to bear that agony any longer.

Furry pulled the trigger.

Sarah St. Kerrigan,
Governor of Liten
, was killed in the endgame.

A moment later, Furry entered the security wing. She needed to get her feed scrambler out of the surveillance room before someone happened to discover it. To her surprise, she found dead bodies lying all over the place, drenching the floor with blood.
Was the Arkon here?
Cautiously she stepped around the cadavers and entered the surveillance room.

The room was filled with static screens and a few more dead bodies. Carefully Furry located the place in the circuit-board where she had hidden the scrambler and disengaged it. All the screens became clear again, and a particular feed caught her eye.

It was the Arkon, dressed in the clothes of Steam Powered Shovel, using the Government Center's communications array. He was speaking to another Arkon in a language she couldn't understand. Then suddenly, the Arkon cut the signal and speedily vanished from the camera's sight.

Furry frowned. That hadn't looked good. Hopefully this wasn't a precursor for worse things to come...

The
Rebels
(
Furry, Nikanor
) and
Arkons
(
Steam-Powered Shovel, Pulindar
) have reached a draw!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1573 (isolation #86) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:34 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Roles

- Alduskkel,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie

- Steam-Powered Shovel,
Arkon
Mafia Group B

- Furry
horrordude0215
Rebel
Mafia Group A

- xRECKONERx
Sniper
Citizen
Vanilla Townie

- Nicodemus,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie

- Dragonfly13
crypto
Citizen
Vanilla Townie

- LordChronos
Sanhora
Citizen
Vanilla Townie

- Nikanor,
Rebel
Mafia Group A

- Max,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie

- Pulindar,
Arkon
Mafia Group B

- SFG,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie

- Slaxx,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie

- DeathNote
Haylen
Citizen
Vanilla Townie

Night Actions

Night 1
Arkons
kill LordChronos
Rebels
kill Dragonfly13

Night 2
Arkons
kill Max
Rebels
kill Max

Night 3
Arkons
kill SFG
Rebels
kill Slaxx

Night 4
Arkons
kill xRECKONERx
Rebels
kill Alduskkel
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Thu May 06, 2010 3:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1596 (isolation #87) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:56 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Here is the Ghost Realm. Mafia can post their Quicktopics if they so wish. Also, sorry if the end seemed a bit rushed, a friend of mine came over earlier than I expected so I had to crank things out post-haste. I
think
I corrected all the mistakes, but if there are still any there feel free to point them out.

I sincerely apologize for disappearing for much of Day 2 and the beginning of Day 3. My personal life really wasn't going well for me at that time, and even though I pulled out of all my games to focus on modding, real life still got in the way. I really appreciate Haylen taking it on herself to hold things together while I got my life straightened out. I also thank you guys for sticking with the game despite me not being around (and having to cut out vote count flavor due to lack of creative energy).

Speaking of which...I can't believe the Arkons and Rebels ended up drawing the game. I thought that SPS at least would be obvscum after suggesting that town could afford to mislynch in near-Lylo. Only Reck seemed to catch the slip, and then he went for DeathNote instead. Even though SPS wasn't lynched or NKed, I still can't believe both the mafia factions happened to target the two surviving townies, especially since I didn't think Alduskkel was scummy enough to be considered a target. Oh well, at least it allowed me the opportunity to set things up for the sequel...

Speaking of the sequel, I am planning on making a Large Normal in the near future that is based off of how this story ended. Anyone who wants to pre-in for that may do so.

Overall, it was a fun game for me to mod, and I hope it was a fun game for you guys too (despite my shortcomings).
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1605 (isolation #88) » Sun May 23, 2010 5:43 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:No, your self-vote suggestion was stupid.
Consider for a second the scenario in which DN and X are scum (B and A respectively). If we lynch DN, then you have to convince the town to lynch X. If we lynch you, X'd kill DN (I would've thought he was scum if I didn't know he couldn't be B) and all it takes for the town to win is for DN to kill correctly out of me/Furry/Alduskkel. I'd estimate the winning percentage of the first scenario as about 10% (if X isn't me, you'd definitely get lynched, so X has to be me and you have to get me lynched.) and the winning percentage of the second scenario as at least 33%. So yeah, I don't see how it's stupid.

I probably would've pushed it more if I'd been town.
I would've lynched you over this, actually. :D

Return to “Completed Open Games”