Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Slaxx wrote:Any particular reason you're connecting me and Sanhora?

Any particular reason that the case on me is the same as Sanhora despite a totally different playstyle, post count, and suspicions?

So you're okay with a sniper policy lynch?
1.You were the two other two people who felt suspicious after my readthrough.

2. Both of your catch-up/player analysis posts seemed off to me, like you were leaving yourself a lot of outs or something.

3. I'm voting for Sniper because I think he's scum. If I thought he was trolling town I would rather have him replaced than lynched.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:47 am

Post by crypto »

SFG wrote:@crypto, why are you accusing me of trying to get out of scumhunting when at least volume/effort wise I've done more scumhunting than more than half the town? That makes no sense.
I'm saying you may be setting yourself to get out of scum hunting. I don't think you are currently active-lurking.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:13 am

Post by crypto »

Furry wrote:(17) - What is the point of this survey?
For reference.
All I see is noise potential (also correct answers to 5-8 are yes, yes [in nearly all instances], no, no. There is no debating this. If everyone followed those, town would win far more games)
I strongly disagree with your stance on Lynch All Lurkers. Ta-da, debate! (Hopefully we can agree not to have said theory debate in-game.)
(43) - Someone understands baseless wagoning. That said it makes him probably town.
Town are more likely than scum to wagon in RVS? Oh,
really
?
(53) - No seriously. This is a bad vote. I can come up with at least some justification to vote three or four people here, SPS is not one of those.
I came up with some justification. Also, you're wrong.
(61) - Scum or inability to understand usefullness of bandwagons? Interested to see how this develops as the game continues.
Neither. My turn: Scum or inability to grasp the concepts that (1) utter lack of content is anti-town and often scummy and (2) not all wagon votes are equal?
Too many newbies now adays completely fail to understand this.
Is this referring to me?
(115) - Waiting for reasoning here, always love it when a scum read wants a town read dead.
Reasoning's been given.
(118) - What is the point of this question?
1. Why do you want to know? (See, I'm doing the same thing here.)
2. Why do you find it scummy? (Or don't you?)
3. What does whether or not I have a reason have to do with my alignment?
4. The point of the question? Odds are it has something to do with the last line of post immediately above . . .
(124/128) - I still want an answer to why you asked (118). This isnt one.
In my defense, sir, I didn't say 118 was an answer.
(crypto 180/181) - This policy?
Huh?
Also explain your read here. You seem to just wave your hand and expect us to get it. What other site meta are you looking for though.
I don't have a town read on Sniper. I'm very cautiously leaning scum. I was trying to ease up and hint at a null/town read, because I figured that he'd be more likely to guilelessly answer my question if he felt comfortable. (It's worked before.) But he refused, so what the fuck.
(crypto 208) - Having a similar thought process is usually somewhat indiciative of similar alignment. Go back and look at your past games, people you agree with usually share an alignment.
Yes, "somewhat." A very, very perilous "somewhat." I don't need to go back and look at my past games, thanks very much: Off the top of my head, I can recall plenty of instances where scum have agreed with me.
SPS is town
Hmm, how to answer this?

:idea:
Waiting for reasoning here, always love it when a scum read wants a
town
scum read
dead
alive.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sarah could hear the grumbling about her decision, and she hardly blamed them. What they were about to do could be labeled as monstrous, horrific, terrifying. But there was naught else to do, other than wait around for the Arkons to kill them all.

The best way to stop them was to kill them first. At least, that was what she kept telling herself...

Meanwhile, a flurry of hands pointed at Gerald Sniper. "He's been acting very strange as of late," Nicodemus Torr remarked. "It just doesn't seem...
human
."

The College is a Waste of Time Vote Count

(2) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel
(2) Pulindar: Sanhora, Sniper
(5) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, SFG, Haylen, Nicodemus

(1) SFG: Crypto
(1) Steam-Powered Shovel: Slaxx

Not Voting: Max, Furry

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: March 11th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:49 am

Post by crypto »

(slides Nicodemus toward scum read)
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Slaxx »

Nic you're avoiding the question. Just sayin I rubbed you the wrong way isnt very great, and connecting me with someone else based on the same behavior is terrible.

I identified three possible scum. I dont know how thats leaving outs. Your attack on me however, makes me think you aren't necessarily scummy. There are much easier targets to go after, and sinced you know I'm a vigorous debater from past experiences, you either are really trying hard to blend in less or you really are giving your honest opinion.

That being said, every game I've been in usually winds up being a policy lynch D1 due to on Village Idiot, but as you know from another game keeping them around for D2 so they can fake claim doc as townie...cough...is more troublesome for town anyway. This being said, I will
vote sniper to L-1

L1. L1. L1.

Dont say you didnt know
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Ruleset has been modified.

From Article I: Day

8b. If a player has received a total of three prods and is in need of another prod, they will be automatically replaced.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by crypto »

Sniper, are you KingTwelveSixteen? If not, are you from Kongregate or Trench Wars?

Now's the time to answer, before one of us hammers your ass. :)
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

I don't particularly like how easily this Sniperwagon came about. But I feel that if he's scum, his partner would be quite willing to vote for him, so that doesn't tell us anything about his alignment.

Yeah, I'm not going to fight against this lynch. It's going to happen eventually and he's essentially said nothing so far.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Furry »

(Plun 239) - The part regarding SFG seems off. He explicitly is called town, but it looks like he still wants a case on him to decide for sure.

(Max 267) - This isnt really an expanded case on anyone. A case is a more indepth post with quotes and reasoning. This is just a list of posts. Also you should always be voting.

(Max 269) - You are one of those very annoting people who flat out refuses to vote as long as possible arent you? There is zero justification to holding onto your vote, being afraid of a quicklynch doesnt count since you should be voting who you want dead at the current point in the game.

Max (283) - NO. The more you try and get ahead of yourself the more you trip yourself up. Speculating publicly about who partners are only will allow scum to make better moves.

Thats actually about caught up...

I would like to see a crypto, max or nico lynch today. Need to go back and read through them again before a case and vote.
Temporary unretired alt
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Slaxx »

To me, speculating partners is a disadvantage, but so is giving people a 'scum list' from top to bottom. That literally puts townies up in a nice convenient death row order for the scum, or lets scum know their biggest threats. All you need to know is who I think is scum.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Slaxx »

erm,
unvote

vote sniper to L-1

Sorry Saint.
Don't worry, the vote will show up in the next vote count. I tend to only do one vote count per page.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by SFG »

WHOA WHOA WHOA

unvote unvote unvote unvote unvote unvote

we are not ready for a lynch yet! Even if we know who we are going to lynch, we need more content to feed off of before we go into Day 2.

Geez, I leave for one day and everyone tries to wagon.
The textwaller of d00m
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Nicodemus wrote:OK, just reread the thread, and here are my scum reads:

1. Nikanor

I'm pretty sure that Nikanor is scum. Voting for horrordude for accusing slaxx of naming his scumpartner seemed really off compared to how defensive she got over crypto's RVS case against her. I realize that it won't carry as much weight when I say this, since I'm the one who she attacked, but the way she voted for me seemed suspicious too. She posted once, saying I looked scummy, and then posted a second time with the actual vote. We were so close to the start of the game there (page 4 iirc) I see no reason to refrain from voting for someone that you see as scummy. Various posts throughout the day have struck me as suspicious as well.

[snip]

3. Sanhora

Not nearly as confident on this one as I am of the first too, but I'm getting scummy vibes from Sanhora as well. The catch-up post that he posted just seemed off to me.

4. Slaxx

Basically see above, and substitute Slaxx in for Sanhora. I'm not feeling like I'm getting the full story in Slaxx's posts, and I'd like to see more from him.
You're going to have to flesh these suspicions out for me to give them much consideration. Where are your quotes? What "various posts" of Nikanor do you find suspicious, and what is it about them that is scummy? What is scummy about Sanhora/Slaxx's catch-up posts (since you are lumping them together)?
SFG wrote:Honestly, I'm starting to thing Haylen is town because she's playing so badly
Give me a break.
Slaxx wrote:That being said, every game I've been in usually winds up being a policy lynch D1 due to on Village Idiot, but as you know from another game keeping them around for D2 so they can fake claim doc as townie...cough...is more troublesome for town anyway. This being said, I will vote sniper to L-1
This doesn't apply at all. NO ONE is going to claim Doctor in this game, at least not seriously. Don't care if the person is a complete VI, they won't seriously fake claim Doctor. Plus this seems like a pretty weak case. It sounds like you just want to policy lynch Sniper actually. Not a very good L-1 vote.

FoS: Slaxx
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I do want a policy lynch on Sniper. He's territownie or troll. Problems?
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by SFG »

lynching scum > lynching trolls > lynching territownies

obv. we should be trying for a scum lynch today. At the very least, we should settle for some good leads on who might be scum and if we run into deadline problems, thats when we might need to pull a policy lynch. I may agree to policy lynching Sniper eventually, but now is NOT the time for it guys.
The textwaller of d00m
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Slaxx »

That was an inside joke between me and Nic from a newbie game we played. Point is, the VI is a day 1 must.
Really, you must calm down. Evidently you've never played a good game of maf. Actually, maybe you have, idk. Catering to this town's needs is on my top priority list. Today's lynch should be one that outs the biggest threat to town, whether it be of scum, or terrible townie.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Why is everyone so quiet? You guys should talk more.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

So Slaxx, since apparently your answer to my question was a joke, care to post a serious answer?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I put the L-1 vote their on purpose. I got a few things from it.

I dont think SFG is scum anymore.
I dont think you're scum.

Remind me next time to place a controversial vote at a more peak time of activity so I can get better reactions.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by SFG »

I've played nine games offsite where it eventually became policy to lynch/nk me in the first couple days because I was too much better than the other players, and then the game devolved into lurker haven and the scum always won because the town was lazy.

I've played two games onsite, one of which I fell into a puddle of scum shortly after replacing in and was lynched in lylo for it because the other townie was tunneling on my early scumminess. The other one, I spent most of the game I was alive for focused on a townie who had also taken a scumbath recently, and once I realized he was actually town, I picked out the other scum and convinced the others to take the strategy of "just lynch us both," and won.

You decide if that counts as playing a good game of mafia :P

Also apologies for not being on more, today is my run-around-everywhere day and now I've coughed up about 60 lungs and counting (they sell nice on ebay, at least) and am completely exhausted. I should go back and ISO people again soon cus there's been more activity now, but something in the back of my head says there are like 3 people who need prodding. Can't be arsed to figure out who.
The textwaller of d00m
Sniper
Sniper
Townie
Sniper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Sniper »

I don't really like the roles in this game. Nobody has the chance to find out about other players. I like games with more specialized roles better.

So I did not really get into it that much.

Plus, 2 weeks is way too long for a day phase...I don't want to sit here and play this same game for 6 months. :lol:

I am just a normal townie like I said. But go ahead and believe otherwise if you want.

Unvote. Vote: Sniper
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Slaxx »

That was just part of my reaction test. Notice the first letter of every sentence in paragraph 2 spells REACT. I couldn't come up with the E. lmfao.
However, my test was ill timed. I'm waiting till a busier time next time.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Sniper wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Sniper
Unvote

@Mod: What's your policy for replacements/modkills if players play against their wincon?
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Quiet quiet nic. Give your opinion on what has gone down.

Return to “Completed Open Games”