Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Yeah pretty much, except notice my vote isnt on you, its on Pulindar, so why do you even care? I HAVE written up a case on Pulindar and I HAVE express concern on him for a while (although there was a point where I thought he might be town again, but it didnt last long). Overreaction much?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Slaxx wrote:Yeah pretty much, except notice my vote isnt on you, its on Pulindar, so why do you even care?
I care because you are obviously still suspicious of me for reasons I cannot fathom.

That and I'm pretty frustrated with everyone who suspects me without addressing my defense.

Furry's offline right now... hope he logs on soon.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I do too, I'm curious about his revelation.

Idk why he wanted me to vote though. It shouldnt make a difference.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Furry »

Alduskkel wrote:Furry's offline right now... hope he logs on soon.
You rang?

Well anyways, I just had a sudden problem in trying to find a partner to you, I really wanted to see what Slaxx would do over the vote on you, since he is one of the few people I can see as scum with you. Now it get wierd.

You can be scum with Slaxx or SPS. I dont see it with anyone else.
Puli can be scum with DN, which I dont think is even possible. He works well as A though.

Now I actually was convinced out of nowhere it was Slaxx-Puli untill that vote. I was why I wanted it, as if Slaxx voted you I would be right on the Puli wagon since he then jumps to top three both factions.

Sooo.... now we go off in a brand new direction since my top suspects are kind of tapped out on what actually works. I actually just have had SPS just WAY up on my list of wanting lynched.

GAH!

I just dont know right now. I was really hoping that Slaxx would just vote Adul and make this easy.

Something is nagging me over Adul lynch, but im not sure the alternative is the right move either. The fact that adul hasnt self-pres voted also is a point to him.
Temporary unretired alt
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I'm experienceing similiar frustrations. I'm just going to throw this out to Furry. Have you considered SFG/Puli at all for B?
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Furry »

Slaxx wrote:I'm experienceing similiar frustrations. I'm just going to throw this out to Furry. Have you considered SFG/Puli at all for B?
Pretty sure SFG scum isnt going to happen, it works, but I dont see it.
Temporary unretired alt
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The What the Hell was the Mod Thinking When He Decided to Procrastinate on His Art Paper Which is Due Today at Ten in the Morning so He Has to Pull an All-nighter in Order to Get it Done Vote Count

(3) Pulindar: xRECKONERx, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx

(2) Alduskkel: SFG, DeathNote

Not Voting: Pulindar, Alduskkel, Furry

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch.

Deadline is on Friday, April 30th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST.

Less than 24 hours to deadline.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:36 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Yay! We're lynching scum.

Furry, Pulindar-DN works. Deal with it.
Alduskkel wrote:Plus, you don't have to justify Town reads. Town read is the default read. You have to justify Scum reads.
The default read is a null read (you could call it a town read, but then what do you call it when you think someone is more likely to be town than he should be on average?). Town reads are less important, generally speaking, but still require justification.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:46 am

Post by SFG »

SPS/Ald buddying vibe grows...I would like both Ald and Puli to give a list of all of your strong reads or, if you don't have them, at least three reads on people. Look at it this way: if you're scum it gives you a chance to WIFOM the fuck out of the town and if you're town, it lets us take your views into account later on.

I DON'T WANT ANYONE POO-POOING ON OR FORGETTING THE IDEAS OF INNOCENTS THAT DIE K? Too many games have been lost because the person who got everything right was eliminated and no one bothered to remember that he pinpointed all the scum Day 2.

Also Ald, forgive me, but your defense looks a lot like you're sitting there and shouting "YOU'RE WRONG I'M INNOCENT ARRRGH I HATE YOU ALL!" over and over again.
Ald wrote:Sling mud? You're going to have to back up that statement or you're the one slinging the mud.
Go back and read your first four posts and you'll see that I've summed it up pretty well. This goes for everyone alive. If no one else sees it then maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it seems pretty damn obvious to me.
Ald wrote:Take it how you will, but my Nikanor vote was consistent with my lurker hunting.
That totally explains why you said in your next post that you were feeling uneasy about the lynch BECAUSE Nik was still lurking.
Ald wrote:Feels like I'm pushing against a brick wall here. I've responded to all the accusations against me, what else is there to do?
Is AtE normal for you?

Finally
Ald wrote:SFG, you have no concept of what lurking is. Lurking is not low post numbers. Lurking is lack of content. I do not lack content. So, I'm not lurking.
oreaally
?

I only picked out a few posts of the really bad ones and tried to spread them out over time, but you have a nice history of posting one-liners or posts where only one line is even tangential to the game. Nice "content."
Need to get back to hw now cya after lunch.
The textwaller of d00m
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

SFG
might
be scum, but I doubt it.

SPS, I really don't think DN is scum.
green shirt thursdays
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:47 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Deadline in eight hours plus change. And I still haven't gotten any sleep. :P

On the upside, I did get that paper turned in on time...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

MORE PULINDAR VOTES NOW
green shirt thursdays
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:17 am

As things stand, we're lynching Pulindar at the deadline, xReck.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Furry »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:Furry, Pulindar-DN works. Deal with it.
Ehhhhh

Yes I know it works, thats actually one of the reasons why I unvoted Adul (put Pul as default lynch). Looking at Pul-DN/Haylen I can see a connection, there are rare namedrops, but it almost seems too buddy-buddy. Im thinking Pul has a much higher chance of flipping A though than B.
Alduskkel wrote:Plus, you don't have to justify Town reads. Town read is the default read. You have to justify Scum reads.
The default read is a null read (you could call it a town read, but then what do you call it when you think someone is more likely to be town than he should be on average?). Town reads are less important, generally speaking, but still require justification.
Burden of proof is on the person presenting the scum read. If you cant prove someone is scum, they usually arent scum.

Will vote Pul before deadline at this point (~3 hours) but I dont want to hammer him before he gets a last post chance.
Temporary unretired alt
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:59 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Deadline is in three hours.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Furry »

Vote Pul

Lynch is better then no lynch. I think this is going to be an A lynch, which works pretty well.
Temporary unretired alt
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Puli is a good lynch. He works very well for either scum team. I'm fairly confident in his lynch.

If he flips B, SFG and Deathnote are likely partners.
If he flips A, then town has more work to do tomorrow.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

12 MINUTES TILL DL.
VOTE PLZ
green shirt thursdays
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Final Day 3 Vote Count

(4) Pulindar: xRECKONERx, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx, Furry

(2) Alduskkel: SFG, DeathNote

Not Voting: Pulindar, Alduskkel

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch.

Deadline is on Friday, April 30th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST.

Since five votes were not acheived, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched. Pulindar, with a total of four votes, has been lynched.

As the day drew to a close, the name of Algernon Pulindar came up more and more often as an acceptable choice for today's murder ritual.
And make no mistake, we are committing murder,
Sarah thought darkly.
I can only hope that this is actually worth it in the end.

"I insist, it can't be me!" Pulindar pleaded. "I mean, look at my face! Does this look like the face of a murderer?"

"Arkons can look like whatever they want," replied X. Reck, the newly-elected Chief of Security. "And you've not been acting like yourself lately."

"Oh, but what do
you
know? How is it that you can tell whether or not my behavior is normal?"

Heads began to nod in accord. Resolutely Sarah lifted her wristcom to her face to call in the guards.

"Daktog wes sore, hitoslik!" Pulindar snarled in a guttural voice, leaping out of his chair and onto the table. Jagged, sharp claws emerged from his fingertips, and his eyes took a feline appearance. Everyone bolted to their feet in fright. "Voragari dzom feisig ewigrinai kuroker!"

The conference room doors opened, and the two guards walked in. "What was that noi- hey, what the hell?"

Shrieking an alien warcry, the Arkon hurled itself at the guards, taking one of them down to the floor and ripping his throat out. The other guard attempted to bring his rifle to bear, but the Arkon was too fast, too strong, ripping the weapon out of the guard's hands before tearing out his throat as well.

Sarah reached for her pistol, but in her attempt to get it out of the holster she fumbled it onto the floor.
Move, move!
she hissed at herself, crouching to pick the weapon up. Glancing up, she saw the Arkon turn in her direction and leap into the air.

Time seemed to slow to a trickle. Sarah slowly reached for the laser pistol, simultaneously tensing up her leg muscles to push herself away from the horrific Arkon. The alien menace homed in on Sarah, its body now fully transformed into Arkon form, yet still wearing Pulindar's gray business suit. Red blood stained the front of the shirt and suitcoat. She had the pistol, but it was too late. The Arkon was too close. Any moment now those deadly claws would puncture her throat, bringing a painful end to her life...

...and suddenly, a body flung itself in the path of the Arkon, knocking it away from Sarah and pummeling it against the wall. Both Arkon and human toppled to the floor. Reacting purely on adrenaline, Sarah trained her weapon on the Arkon and pulled the trigger. Red energy seared the Arkon's flesh, cooking the organs within. It uttered a primal scream. Sarah shot it again. The Arkon fell silent, unmoving.

It was dead. Thank god.

Only now did Sarah look to see who it was that had saved her from the Arkon.
Haylen.
She too was lying silently on the floor, motionless, her back turned to Sarah.

"Oh, god..." Sarah scuttled on her hands and knees across the floor to where Dr. Haylen York lay, anxiously turning her body over to expose the face.

Her throat wasn't slit. But the front of Haylen's body was gouged and torn, with blood gushing out onto the floor, onto Haylen's clothing, onto Sarah's hands. Tensely Sarah reached for Haylen's hand to check her pulse...

...it was very faint, but present. Haylen was alive.

Shakily Sarah held up her wristcom. "Medical, this is Governor St. Kerrigan. Get a medic to Meeting Room 1 right now!"

Pulindar,
Arkon
Mafia Group B
, has been lynched on Day 3.

Since night will occur over a weekend, I'll extend the length of night from 48 hours to 72. Night will end on Monday, May 3rd, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST.

I can't access the Quicktopics at the moment, so scum, you can go ahead and post there if you feel so inclined.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Tue May 04, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 8:25 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

All of the lynch and night scenes have been added in for your viewing pleasure.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sarah couldn't sleep that night. Visions of Dr. York, the dead bodyguards, and that dreadful Arkon kept flooding her mind, grinding away at her sanity.
Come to the darkness,
a voice whispered in her head.
Embrace the blackness that consumes.
Soon the very walls seemed to be oozing with Arkons, crawling slowly but surely across the floor, eager to tear her apart. There was no hope, no escape--

Sarah screamed and slammed the light switch. The phantoms vanished back into the recesses of her mind. She glanced at the clock. Five hours until morning. Giving up on sleep, she got out of bed, threw on a set of clothing, strapped on her laser pistol, and departed for the security wing of the Government Center. Twelve minutes later, she was inside the surveillance room, accompanied by one of the Night Watch, a nice-looking young man.

"Couldn't sleep?" the guard asked.

Sarah nodded. "Where's X. Reck?"

"He said he was too stressed out to work effectively, so he went to get some shut-eye. I'm in charge while he's gone."

He shouldn't disappear at a time like this...
Sarah dismissed the question from her mind and looked at the vast array of video screens lining the wall in front of her. "You can see everything with these?"

"Nothing gets by us!" the guard proclaimed proudly.

The woman monitoring the security feed turned in her chair. "Unless you get equipment malfunctions, like we seem to be having lately."

Suddenly, every single screen on the wall displayed static. Every muscle in Sarah's body tensed up fearfully.

"I'm sorry about this," apologized the male guard. "We'll fix things up right--"

"Forget that!" Sarah interrupted. "Send men to check on all the sleeping quarters, now!"

"But ma'am, we've got bodyguards outside to ensure--"

"I don't care! Just do it!"

Resolutely, the guard nodded and dashed out of the surveillance room.
Oh please, god, not again,
Sarah begged silently.

Thirty minutes later, the guard came back. "Um, ma'am...two more people have died."

Sarah slammed her fist against the wall. "Dammit! Who?"

"Sharon Faith Goddard and Jerome Slaxx."

I've had enough of this crap!
"Is everyone awake?"

"Of course, but we told them to go back to--"

"Get everybody up, and bring them to the meeting room," Sarah commanded. "We've got to get rid of this nightmare once and for all!"

The guard didn't move. Sarah glared at him. "Well? Do as I say!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

SFG,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 3.
Slaxx,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 3.

With five alive, it takes three votes to lynch. Deadline is on Monday, May 17th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST.

Additionally,
Furry is on V/LA until May 11th.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I can't win. :P

Also, I know there's at least one typo in the night scene and that the topic still says Night 3, but for some reason MS is being a [censored by Mith] about letting me edit posts today, so I'll deal with them later.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

- DeathNote
- Alduskkel
- Steam-Powered Shovel
- Furry
- xRECKONERx

I have no clue at this point. Three town, two scum. I'm about to revoke my statement on DeathNote given the fact that he replaced out of another game he's in, yet remained in this game, and I think scum would be more likely to do that.

SPS is probably my most gut town read.
green shirt thursdays
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Furry »

As stated, basically V/LA due to finals this week.

Leaning to a DN vote at this point though, since even though it would be ego-boost to see Adul-Slaxx pairing, I doubt its the case. DN is only other option.
Temporary unretired alt
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Ok, so this should be easy.

So who do we want lynch first? xReck or DN?

Return to “Completed Open Games”