Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

716 is :goodposting:.

My opinion of Nicodemus? I thought he was pretty scummy for active lurking, as well as a few other less important things. I wanted to see if he improved at all on Day 2, though.

Slaxx: Wish you hadn't hammered, I would have preferred to have heard more from Dragonfly13 before the Day ended. I think it would have been particularly interesting to see who Dragonfly chose to hammer. Also, obviously I wanted a Sniper lynch, not a Nicodemus one.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Slaxx »

True, but you said yourself discussion was waning. I think it was time, even with the deadline extension and whatnot. I do agree it would have been interesting, but I still have a strong scum read on that slot regardless.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:01 am

Post by Pulindar »

So, a Nico lynch. I must say I'm a bit disappointed, but if we get scum then I'm sure my mood will turn around. And who knows, maybe sniper will be NKed
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:46 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Final Day 1 Vote Count

(7) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel, Sniper, Haylen, Furry, Max, Slaxx

(5) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, SFG, LordChronos, Nicodemus
(1) SFG: Dragonfly13

Not Voting: none

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Flavor and reveal coming up shortly.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:06 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

When Nik and Sarah returned to the meeting room, they found the rest of the board waiting for them. The two guards she'd assigned to guard the room held Nicodemus by the arms. As soon as he saw Sarah, Nicodemus began to struggle valiantly.

"Please, you have to stop them!" he pleaded. "I'm no Arkon, and I'm not a bloody rebel, either. It's all a misunderstanding! You've got to help me! Please!"

Sarah looked at the others quizzically. "What has he done?" she inquired.

One by one the others presented evidence indicating Nicodemus' guilt. How he kept mostly to himself, had little interest in helping find the Arkons, and so forth. Sarah listened intently. By the time they were finished, she was convinced.

"There's only one way to find out for sure," Sarah said quietly. The next few words almost refused to come out of her mouth, but she said them anyway. "Guards, execute him."

Nicodemus' eyes widened. "You can't believe those lunatics!" he screamed. "I'm loyal to Liten, loyal to
you
!"

One of the guards released Nicodemus just as the other one grabbed both of his arms. The free guard took out his laser pistol and aimed. Sarah forced herself to watch, to accept responsibility for what she had ordered.
I will not cower and turn away from what I've done.

The guard fired straight into Nicodemus' heart, and immediately the man went limp in the holding guard's arms. Sarah stared intently. There was no change forthcoming.

Nicodemus was human, then. And judging by what he had said, he wasn't a Rebel, either. Suddenly, the reality of what she'd done hit her like a mass driver.
I ordered the death of an innocent man...
Forcing the tears to stay out of her eyes, she turned back to the others.

"I...I think we all need some rest after this. Nik, have some of your guards protect the entrances to our quarters. Hopefully that'll deter anyone trying to kill us overnight."

"Aye, ma'am," Nik replied. Silently everyone left the room, until Sarah was left alone. Only then did she allow herself to weep for poor Nicodemus.

Nicodemus. An innocent man, slaughtered by Sarah's own words.
Can I ever forgive myself for this?

She shook her head. There would be time for forgiveness later. Gruesome and appalling as it was, she knew that she had little choice but to continue down this path of death. Even if she lost her soul to the devil along the way...

Nicodemus,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 1.

Night Actions due Sunday, March 14th, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. CST.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:17 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

It has been pointed out that my rules clearly state that night will only last 48 hours, while I set Night 1 to last 72 hours. This was an error on my part, for which I apologize.

Since I've already stated how long Night 1 would last, and a change would shorten that amount of time, I won't alter the deadline for Night 1. All future nights, however, will last the rule-stated 48 hours.

My apologies for the mistake.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:16 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Nicodemus stared up at her, his eyes widened in dismay. "Don't do it, Sarah!" he pleaded, desperation embedded into his voice. "Please, don't kill me!"

Sarah shook her head. "I have no choice," she said simply. She took the dagger in her hand and plunged it deep into Nicodemus' heart. Dark red blood gushed out, splattering her hand, her arm, her face, and it was warm and runny--

Sarah shot up in her bed, beads of sweat clinging to her face and arms, her breaths coming in shallow and fast. Gradually she calmed herself down, forced her breathing to regulate itself.
It was only a nightmare, Sarah.

But what a horrific nightmare it had been. She thought she'd pushed all thoughts of guilt from her mind. Apparently her subconscious wouldn't let her get away from this unscarred--

The vidcom beeped. Immediately Sarah went rigid with fear.
Has one of us died?
Forcing herself out of bed, she stepped stiffly over to the vidcom and pushed the answer button.

Nik was on the other end. "I'm afraid I have--" Suddenly he averted his eyes. "Um...you forgot something, ma'am."

Sarah looked down and blushed. All she had on was her underwear. Quickly she dashed over to her robe, which was folded over the chair next to her desk. Then she returned to the vidcom.

"Sorry about that," she apologized. "Now, what were you saying?"

"I have bad news," Nik reported. "My guards did a patrol sweep, and...well, they found bodies, ma'am. The guards protecting Lord Chronos and McDragonfly's quarters were dead, slaughtered at their posts."

Chills went down Sarah's spine. "And the people they were protecting?"

Nik sighed. "Dead as well."

Is there anywhere that is safe?
"Wake everybody up," Sarah ordered. "If your men can't protect them, then we can't afford to sleep. We've got to figure this thing out."

"Aye, ma'am." Nik switched off his vidcom.

Sarah yawned and got dressed, making sure she was armed with her laser pistol. She didn't want anyone jumping her on the way to the meeting room.

Dragonfly13,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1.
LordChronos,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1.

It is now Day 2. Day will end on Saturday, March 27th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Also, sorry about being an hour late. I forgot about Daylight Savings Time. :oops:
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:31 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The First (2) Vote Count

Not Voting: Haylen, Max, Pulindar, Alduskkel, Nikanor, SFG, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx, Furry, Sniper

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: March 27th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Vote: Max
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Max »

I'm up for an Alduskkel or Furry Lynch. I'd prefer the first though the actions at the end of Day 1 definitely set Furry back quite a bit.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Max »

On a side note sniper has been replaced in a newbie game I just did a quick search
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:36 am

Post by SFG »

SPS, why are you voting?

On a second note, because the two people who were nightkilled are not the people I would have expected to be nightkilled, I will go back and look and what was going on with them. The LordChronos kill seems especially odd since he was under large suspicion of the town - I expect that it was a case of one scum group attempting to kill the other and I would like to go back and look at who suspected him.
The textwaller of d00m
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Bah! So much for reading and catching up. Go town.
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:17 am

Post by SFG »

Looking at LordChronos' posts and summarizing important information. All posts are ISO unless otherwise noted. Not much point in trying to analyze the two posts by Sanhora.

#1 - slightly for Ald, slightly against crypto. Gives Sniper benefit of doubt.
#2 - votes Sniper
sorta tunnels on Sniper until post 7
#7 - votes Max. Against Nico lynch.
#11 - defense against Nik
#13 - anti-Hay
#18 - concedes scumminess of Max, but votes Sniper

(breaking ISO)
Post #510 shows Nikanor's suspicions of LC despite his given defense
I acknowledge that I also found LC to be scummy

So in essence, I think LC's death makes Max, Sniper, Nikanor, and I scummier.
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:18 am

Post by SFG »

Also Max, if you would be so kind as to give me a link to the game he replaced out of? :)

Going to do a quick analysis of dragonfly but don't expect to find much (thats why I did LC first).
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:36 am

Post by SFG »

Starting with crypto in ISO. I'd forgotten that Dragonfly was replacing crypto, and that gives some evidence that this was also an attempted scumVscum.

#6 - votes SPS (serious?)
#16-18 - random flicker of suspicion on me that quickly goes away
#22 - anti-SPS
#30 - anti-Ald
#31 - anti-me
#37-41 - anti-Sniper
#51 - back to me. He keeps clearing me and then voting me again.
#56 - anti-SPS, pro-me

on to Dragonfly
#1 - still against SPS, also against Sniper and Nico
...and that's all.

People who would want him dead because they think he is dangerous town: Sniper, SPS
People who would want him dead because they think he is the other scum team: Max, Slaxx, (maybe Furry?)
The textwaller of d00m
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Nikanor »

@SFG: NK analysis isn't going to get us anywhere. In this game, I deliberately called someone town before nking them. That way I wouldn't be looked at when that person was killed.
I need to reread. Apparently someone agreed with me that LC was scummy, and now my main suspect is dead (and a townie. Awesome).
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Haylen »

Uh...ehy did two people die? O.o
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:48 am

Post by SFG »

To assimilate, two scum groups killed Dragonfly and LC because they thought they were either dangerous town or part of the other scum group. Since no person can be in both groups and I pointed out who would be in each group, I'm going to try and synthesize.

Both NK targets were threats to Sniper. However, since most of the town is anti-Sniper, that isn't much to go on.

If Max is scum, then he would have wanted LC dead because LC was a town threat to him, and crypto/Dragonfly dead because he thought Dragonfly was on the other scumteam.

If Nikanor is scum, he must have targeted LC because he thought that LC was scum and was trying to eliminate the opposing scum team.

If SPS is scum, he must have targeted Dragonfly because Dragonfly was a threat to him.

If Slaxx is scum, he must have targeted Dragonfly because he thought Dragonfly was on the other scumteam.

Potential scumpairs imo:
Max/Slaxx
Max/SPS
Slaxx/SPS
Sniper/Nika
Nika/Max

Does anyone have a problem with my analysis?
The textwaller of d00m
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Nikanor »

SFG, putting NK analysis aside, who do you actually think is scum?
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 am

Post by SFG »

Nikanor: I analyze NK's if and only if they were surprising to me. I also highly disagree with the fact that we should ignore them, although perhaps I have been giving them a bit too much credit. Second, they are much more fruitful to analyze in games with two scum groups because each group has two goals - kill the town and kill the opposing scum - rather than genuine freedom to choose whoever they wish to kill.

Oh that reminds me, there is a possibility that I left out. I assumed when compiling the list of scumpairs that both members of a pair were interested in the kill they made. There is also the possibility that one member of the team is controlling the actions and the other is just going along for the ride.

At any rate, I've had good success in the past with analyzing nightkills both by figuring out what level of WIFOM they are on and figuring out who had the best motive for the people who died to have died. In my first game on MS, I used only the information of the nightkill to name three names, two of which turned out to be the two scum. So don't tell me that it isn't valuable information, because it is.
The textwaller of d00m
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Nikanor »

Okay then. You go ahead and analyze nks all you want. In the meantime, I'm going to stand here and do some real scumhunting (once I'm finished my reread).
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:08 am

Post by SFG »

Okay, putting aside the nightkills, insomuch as I can, although I would prefer to see more people reacting to this before posting a suspicion list, I know from experience that if I actually say I am going to withhold that information until later, I will end up having to waste valuable time defusing a resultant wagon on me. So, because you guys are impatient idiots, I will indulge you now.

Max/SPS is my favored scumpair at the moment. Both had motivation behind the nightkills, but they've also both been doing some really awkward distancing. Max starts off the game with an unfounded "knowledge" that SPS is scum, and again in ISO 5 his weakest case seems to be on SPS. Nevertheless, he never votes for SPS and SPS begins the day with a completely unfounded vote against Max.
SPS is not much better, FoS's Max in ISO 15, but in 17 he is teaming with Max a little, in 19 Max is listed as the least of his scum suspects, 32 is a bit of a break to the pattern, 41 he is wheedling with Max to wagon someone, aaaand finally they both ended up being on the same wagon.

fff, this is sucking up more free time than I have available. Its a good start but gives nothing as to what pair would be opposing them...
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:16 am

Post by SFG »

Oh right, if there is a pair where the second is just sort of being dragged along for the ride, I think Haylen would be a part of it. Her recent "wait why were there two kills?" post strikes me as a noob-card type appeal, especially considering that the presence of two scum groups has been discussed strongly and referred to in the flavor, ESPECIALLY in the lynch scene at the end of the first day which any townie worth their salt should have read.
The textwaller of d00m
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Slaxx »

Yes, SFG. I agree. I'm going to reread later today after I finish up homework, but my eye for the scummiest goes to Haylen. I love how my Cypto case was wrong @_@

Return to “Completed Open Games”