OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

The Jester wrote:
FoS: Clayman

Seriously, Clayman? That's not a human!
An FoS? Seriously? Are you afraid of having a voting record?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Like so:

Unvote, Vote: avinashv
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:27 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Still liking my vote on avinashv, I need to hear something good from him before I'm switching it. He's trying to squirm his way out of the limelight without answering for the scummy things he's already done.

Springlullaby and Justin Playfair are both looking markedly pro-town to me. Everyone else I've got a generally neutral read on, but at some point I'll take a look at some peoples posts in isolation and see if anything can be illuminated by that.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:34 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Jex, my vote on avi (hope you don't mind that I'm giving you a nickname to make my life easier) was initially random, but given the case built against him by others and what I see as a failure to answer for it, my vote is doing the most to help by simply continuing to pressure him. If he doesn't come up with something soon I endorse further votes being placed on the bandwagon until he does.

Also, HAI FARSIDE!!!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:36 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

A mass claim will only result in the death of our one confirmable townie, Mr. Green. Other than that, any role can have any alignment so a mass-claim is stupid.

More after I get some lunch.

Warning now, I will be out of town with no internet access from wednesday until saturday.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:59 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Jex wrote:I was reading through roles again and Mr. Green's public vote does not count toward a lynch. Also, Mr. Green is the only confirmed innocent. Therefore, if my thoughts are right, these ppl could not possibly be Mr. Green:

the_cat_herder
Deathguise
Farside22
Avinashv
The Jester
thinktank
Jex

I added thinktank to the list even though he is dead because roles are not being revealed to us. Since thinktank was evil, he can not be Mr. Green.

The others are on the list because they successfully lynched thinktank which means that they're votes counted.

I dont' know how much this information helps us at this moment, but it may help us later down the road. Who knows.
Why would you ever publicly narrow down the possible people who could be Mr. Green? Are you trying to help the scum aim their night kills? Mr. Green is a powerful pro-town role and the only one that can be confirmed to be innocent.

I'll have something to say about the accusations of me later I'm at work right now and can't make a long post. For now,

Vote: Jex
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #144 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I hate to be the one to point this out, Justin, but
The last vote count of day one wrote:Avinashv (4) - Ohgodmylife, Springlullaby, thinktank
So her conclusion is valid and damaging
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #148 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:01 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Justin, the precision you speak of is because I haven't had the chance yet to read the several pages of development at the end of day one that I missed while v/la, but I did read the posts on this page and felt the need to respond to them. My vote on jex is because what she did with the Mr. Green thing is very scummy, and one vote is not putting her in any danger. I don't FoS people unless my vote is already on somebody else.

I'll catch up and comment on all I missed later today.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #152 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:39 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

OK, for starters
Unvote: Jex

There was one other moderately scummy thing she did early on, which was lurkerhunting on Ration before he was replaced, but otherwise she's looked pro-town, and she got the message from my vote that her Not Mr. Green list was a bad move. I will no longer cry over that spilt milk.

I think the manner in which thinktank wagoned avi is indicative that they were not scum together. He was altogether too insistent, and IMO if it had been a distancing tactic he wouldn't have stuck so hard to his guns on it. This doesn't discount the fact that avi could still be The Beast (SK).

I also believe thinktank chose avi as his wagoning target not just because avi wasn't scum but because those who had started the wagon weren't either. I have mixed feelings about springlullaby, she made some similar comments to thinktank about wagoning for the sake of wagoning, but I seriously doubt that more than one scum would be on the avi wagon. Scum tend to spread their votes out more than that. Thinktank could also easily have been trying to buddy up to both springlullaby and myself by joining us in voting avi.

Its interesting that there were two failed night kills, it means that van helsing was active as well as the beast and team evil. However there are an awful lot of ways for people to not die in this game so I'm not sure there's any information to be learned from this, at least not yet. Its something to keep in mind though.

More in a while, I'm at work and have things here to get done.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #155 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Justin,
Part of my reason for defending springlullaby on this point is indeed the fact that I was also on the wagon. Knowing only my own alignment and that of the dead, I have presented my thought process as to why thinktank's actions lead me to believe what they do about SL. I did try to present it in such a way that people can understand how it also applies to me, since obviously I'm the only one that can be 100% sure of my alignment. It is in my best interest as town to see neither myself or SL lynched for the apparent thinktank connection.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #160 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:16 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

farside22 wrote:OGML could you please answer the questions I asked of you?
farside22 wrote: Now granted I saw OGML was on vacation for a bit, but I believe he was back in time to read the discussion. As much as I agree that Jex's comment was a bad, bad play. I would like OGML to please discuss one did you come back to read the game? 2) Have you read what was said and did you have thoughts based on the lynch of thinktank.
As for Avi. It's a sad day when I see someone who hasn't been on this site as long as you have been tells you what bussing is about. I found your vote against thinktank odd. It really had no meaning behind it and wouldn't be surprised to find out that you are faking not knowing what bussing actually is.
FOS: Avi and OGML
1) I hadn't yet read whole of what I missed when I voted Jex for that Mr. Green thing. I have now.
2) I believe my more recent post about the avi wagon w/ regards to thinktank cover my thoughts on him.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #166 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Hm. Roleclaims in this game will not be very useful since everyone but Mr. Green is not of gauranteed alignment. If I get any closer to being lynched though I will claim and give the town my information. I don't want to have to do this however, because I am a very, very useful role for the town and I think that I would probably draw the nightkill if I claimed. If I remain unclaimed I'm much more likely to remain alive because the scum will (rightly) percieve me as an easy mislynch in coming days.

..WIFOM, I know, but thats how things are for me. The fact that my roleclaim wouldn't actually clear me is making this much more difficult than your average game of mafia.

vote: springlullaby

Her alignment will be most helpful I think in orienting our thoughts, or at least orienting my thoughts. I know its incredibly hypocritical of me to go after the other person who was bandwagoning with thinktank yesterday, but IMO she's a better lynch today than Avi, who I just don't buy being on team evil anymore.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #167 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Also, in advance of the impending deadline

mod: prods and an official votecount please?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Mr. Green is gauranteed town, didn't mean to make it sound otherwise if I did.

Sigh. I'm gonna wait for an official votecount and see how close to a lynch I am before I claim.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #171 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

.... no its not
The Mod, in the 1st post wrote:After all roles have been decided players will be labeled as League (town), Evil (Mafia) or Werewolf (SK).
----
I give no guarantees for alignment for a role with the exception of Mr. Green. Mr. Green is always town. All other alignments are up in the air for any role.
Have you been reading the game? Somebody else, I believe The Jester, mistakenly believed the same thing earlier until that was cleared up.

I'm a little confused why people would assume that this was human-town vs monster-scum unless they are monster-scum.

Even more interesting is you pointing out what you think is an exception for Eric Draven. Is this because you are in fact EricDravenScum?

unvote, vote: dahill1
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #173 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Better reasons for voting you, dahill:

1. You're doing something I call "active-lurking," which is where you pop in from time to time and post, but never really add anything of substance.
2. A continuation of the first point, since March 31st all you've done that is actually game impacting is announce an intention to vote me and respond to a question on this topic asked of you.
3. Announcing an intention to vote for somebody but not actually doing so is scummy. It reads as testing the waters, but not jumping in til it has become popular to do so. This is exactly what you did.
4. Until just now you had never actually voted for anybody all game. Were you afraid of leaving a voting record to tie you back to your scum partners?
5. No, what I gave was not a poor reason, it was a meta/psychological read of sorts rather than an actual game play read. In the ensuing time I went back and looked at your actual gameplay and viola! Its scummy.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #178 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:01 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

OK, so you don't think the way he's lurking is a tell. What do you think of points three, four and five?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #186 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

OK guys, I'm town but there is no way to prove it through a claim. Here it is anyway, the information I have will still help the town.

I am Frekenstein's Monster. Here is my useful information.

Thinktank was Daniel Ocean.
Greasy Spot was Mr. Green.

unvote: dahill

When I voted dahill, I thought I had caught him on something, but looking back at my own private information it seems more a town tell than a scum tell because scum would already know that there had been a human in the scum group. Sorry, it was late, I was trying to find some reason for someone else to be lynched because the role I have really is quite useful for the town. For instance, were I to survive another night, I would have been absorbing Mr. Green's powers. However, that won't be the case, I'll likely be lynched today regardless since, as I am more than aware, this claim in no way proves my alignment one way or another.

I would still like to get the information I have out to the town for your benefit, however, so take it for what it is. Those are the roles of the players who have died so far. If I don't get lynched and live through the night, I will continue reporting on the roles of dead players. I don't foresee this occurring, but I'll stand by this statement if it does.

I've had a long day of drinking so I am in no state to do any investigating right now.

Mod, I second the request for a deadline extension

If we get one, good, I'll find a better suspect tomorrow. If not, then I'm the deadline lynch and bah go town.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #193 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

ATTENTION AVI: PLEASE LOOK AT WHO I SAID WAS MR GREEN BECAUSE HE IS ALREADY DEAD. THAT IS HOW I KNOW HIS ROLE. THANK YOU.

Revealing the role of thinktank helps the town since the mafia already knew this information. Revealing that Mr Green is dead helps the town because we now know that we can not count on his one shot ability to kill a member of team evil if the numbers equalize.

I have a crazy theory that jack sparrow is a bad guy and figured out who Mr Green was by using the pick a role with your compass and find out who he voted for schtick. I know I'm already in hot water over blatant WIFOM etc, but here's some more along with some night kill speculation. Why on earth did they greasy spot get killed? He looked scummy, he was backing up thinktank all day long and talking about how bandwagoning was a good thing blah blah blah. Greasy Spot happned to be the only person voting for farside (it so happens his vote didn't actually count, but it probably still triggered jack sparrows information gathering trick), so it would have been clear who it was. Just a thought.

Instead of taking a break from drinking I went to a sorority formal and continued drinking heavily so I'm still in no shape to figure out anything about who could be guilty at this point. Cross your fingers for a deadline extension because we sorely need one.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #196 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:57 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Sure Justin,
Greasy Spot was the only person voting for farside22 at the end of day (disregard the fact that his actual Mr. Green vote had not been cast).
Jack Sparrow's second ability, beyond casting a secret vote, is to name one role each night with his compass and find out who they voted for. As Greasy was the only person voting for farside, the compass would have narrowed down the possibilities for Mr. Green to only him, had this been the role jack sparrow searched for.
I admit it is a wild-eyed theory, and pro-town van helsing killing him probably makes more sense. There were three kill attempts last night according to the dawn scene - one dead greasy spot and two locations with evidence of a struggle. However, there are not just multiple roles that don't die the first time they're killed, there is also somebody out there totally immune to werewolf (SK) death, and van helsing could have targeted a monster type with the wrong killing weapon. I'm just musing on all of the possibilities.

@dahill: absorbing danny ocean's power to try to redirect kills away from me seems like too much of a shot in the dark, and a waste of my absorbing powers if I do survive the night. I was thinking of absorbing Mr. Green's power, though y'all knowing its me casting the secret Mr. Green vote would make it slightly less good so I might wait until closer to LyLo if we're approaching it and just absorb it for the killing power of Mr. Green, and there are a couple of other human roles that I have in mind to be my second absorption if they die before I do.

Deadline extensions are good, thank you mod.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #201 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:20 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

springlullaby wrote:OMGL, explain your vote on me as previously asked please.
Honestly in large part its a better you than me reflex. We are both guilty of many of the same transgressions, and they are indeed scummy. I made a case earlier for why I think that what thinktank did should clear us, but at this point I don't see a viable lynch for the town aside from me, you and possibly avi. Knowing your alignment will either give me personal validation in knowing I was right about you/us or it will teach me not to be such an idiot and bandwagon somebody with the scum in the future. Given the deadline extension we recieved, I will in the near future be taking the time to go over the thread in detail and try to find something better, or see if I think avi is a better lynch.
Jex wrote:First off, why the big blow up at me for the Mr. Green thing if you already knew Mr. Green was dead? Seems pointless.
Me knowing Mr. Green was dead does not mean that 1) the scum knew who they killed or 2) what you did wasn't still definitely ill-advised and possibly scummy. It was also a way for me to gauge reactions based on the inside information I did have.
Jex wrote:I understand that OGML's claim is solid and sounds all nice if he is town, but everyone should remember that there is no way to prove anyones allignment and therefore every town claim needs to be taken with a giant grain of salt.
You are of course right about this, as I said when I first claimed my role is in no way indicative of my alignment. That being said, I think my willingness to share my information with the town (something I will continue to do if I continue to be alive) IS a pro-town thing to do, as it will narrow down possibilities for the town to consider down the line when the living will at some point have to untangle the mess of night interactions that are going on in this game to find the liars.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #206 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I only count three votes on avi, so he's still a ways from a lynch.

I'm not planning on absorbing the danny ocean power, because its such a low probability of successfully stopping my death that the pros of holding off and possibly being able to absorb more useful powers outweighs the basically 1 in 8 (since it'll be minus whoever is lynched and obviously minus myself) shot that I'd have of redirecting a kill aimed at me. The bus driver ability also has the drawback that I might unknowingly redirect an information role and further confuse the town.

Additionally, farside, I agree it is quite a stretch to presume I'd survive all the way to endgame, but if I do absorb Mr. Green's power I am a person the town will want to have in an endgame scenario if at all possible. Since I can prove to the town beyond a doubt when I do absorb the power (by directing Mr. Green's secret vote) there is no way I could lie about having gotten it, and I'm not sure about how it would work rules wise but I think, for the purposes of everybody else who's trying to reason this out without being 100% sure of my alignment, that regardless of me being evil or not if I have Mr. Green's power I will auto-kill a scum if the numbers are ever tied.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #209 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Yep there are still ten of us, it takes six to lynch.

Though I can see why you'd forget about some of them, what with the heavy lurking going on around here.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #212 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

unvote, vote: Avi

This is a better plan of action at this time.

I still think its not very likely that thinktank was bussing him, but there is that possibility, given credence by his playing the newbie card around the question of bussing.

I also think he could easily be werewolf, and that would make for a stellar lynch as well.

Would still very much like to hear from him and others before deadline.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #214 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:17 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

This deadline is quickly approaching. Where is everybody?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #228 (isolation #27) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:40 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I am not able to both absorb a power and use it in the same night unfortunately so I didn't bother absorbing Danny Ocean's ability.

Avi was telling the truth about being imhotep.

For the moment I'm going to keep justin's and dahill's roles to myself, at least one of them was human and something I will probably absorb in the coming night, but I don't want bad guys to start planning for me having the ability.

Also, perhaps it is time for a massclaim? While roles don't indicate alignment, there are a lot of info gathering roles still alive and sorting through that info might lead us to the identity of some of the people making the night kills.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #230 (isolation #28) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:05 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Van Helsing's ability to kill claimed Dracula is an interesting point which I didn't consider. However, there isn't much for drac to worry about at this point, as Van Helsing died last night. This was the ability I was thinking of absorbing, but its probably better just to give the town all the info I can at this point.

Justin Playfair - Indiana Jones
dahill1 - Van Helsing
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #238 (isolation #29) » Wed May 14, 2008 10:38 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

God I hate my play in this game more every day.
farside22 wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:Van Helsing's ability to kill claimed Dracula is an interesting point which I didn't consider. However, there isn't much for drac to worry about at this point, as Van Helsing died last night. This was the ability I was thinking of absorbing, but its probably better just to give the town all the info I can at this point.

Justin Playfair - Indiana Jones
dahill1 - Van Helsing
You are just helping the scum out with this post.
FOS OMGL
Not true. If I were scum then the scum would already know everything I know because I would be able to communicate all of my information to them privately.

I graduate from college on Saturday and already have family in town. As such, my posting will be light until next Monday or Tuesday.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #368 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:There was no skill involved in the mafia win. One scum was NK immune, and the other I couldn't kill because I would die as well.

There was simply no way for me to win this game, and I declare the game broken.
I declare you a whiner.

Good game scums, sorry town for my horrible self-destruct.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”