Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Jex »

I am not convinced that OGML is innocent by any means.

First off, why the big blow up at me for the Mr. Green thing if you already knew Mr. Green was dead? Seems pointless.

Second, just because you have this powerful role that gives us information it does not mean that you are by any means town. We could all claim our roles and claim town and there's no way to prove who is town and who is scum based on our claims. No one is going to go "hey i'm the werewolf and i'm scum, guess you should lynch me guys." Your claim comes when you are close to lynch yet doesn't really help your case at all.

I understand where you are coming from with the Jack Sparrow theory but you can't tell what happened ever at night based on the various roles and the fact that you can't read the mafias mind unless you are one of them. This makes me not want to jump to conclusions about calling Jack Sparrow scum necessarily. However, everyone is scum in my head so I won't outrule him either.

I understand that OGML's claim is solid and sounds all nice if he is town, but everyone should remember that there is no way to prove anyones allignment and therefore every town claim needs to be taken with a giant grain of salt.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:20 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

springlullaby wrote:OMGL, explain your vote on me as previously asked please.
Honestly in large part its a better you than me reflex. We are both guilty of many of the same transgressions, and they are indeed scummy. I made a case earlier for why I think that what thinktank did should clear us, but at this point I don't see a viable lynch for the town aside from me, you and possibly avi. Knowing your alignment will either give me personal validation in knowing I was right about you/us or it will teach me not to be such an idiot and bandwagon somebody with the scum in the future. Given the deadline extension we recieved, I will in the near future be taking the time to go over the thread in detail and try to find something better, or see if I think avi is a better lynch.
Jex wrote:First off, why the big blow up at me for the Mr. Green thing if you already knew Mr. Green was dead? Seems pointless.
Me knowing Mr. Green was dead does not mean that 1) the scum knew who they killed or 2) what you did wasn't still definitely ill-advised and possibly scummy. It was also a way for me to gauge reactions based on the inside information I did have.
Jex wrote:I understand that OGML's claim is solid and sounds all nice if he is town, but everyone should remember that there is no way to prove anyones allignment and therefore every town claim needs to be taken with a giant grain of salt.
You are of course right about this, as I said when I first claimed my role is in no way indicative of my alignment. That being said, I think my willingness to share my information with the town (something I will continue to do if I continue to be alive) IS a pro-town thing to do, as it will narrow down possibilities for the town to consider down the line when the living will at some point have to untangle the mess of night interactions that are going on in this game to find the liars.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Unfortunetly roles reveal do not detect scum. I'm willing to give OMGL a bennift of the doubt for now, but to assume you will be alive at the end of the game really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That is a big WIFOM thought. At this point the only other person on my list is Avi and that was the whole I voted for thinktank and I don't think he would push hard on me. Yes it is day one, but some scum will just try and out their partners. Plus did it really look like thinktank was trying hard. All he talked about was BW Avi and really most people thought he was scum because of a conversation with Jester.
@Spring: I really haven't seen much of you hunting scum. You seem to just be asking questions and not offering much in regards to the game. IGMEOU right now.
Vote: Avi
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:42 am

Post by dahill1 »

i agree
now that OGML's claimed, Avi was my second suspect as well, and i want a claim out of him
avi said jester had a gross overreaction when saying avi had false info. it seemed to me like he was trying to get jester to overreact to that post so he could support his accusation. also, he's had a couple seperate occasions of playing the newbie card. the second time even seemed fake ("what is bussing?"). sorry, but you really should know by now what that is. you've been here longer than me! also, (it could have been unintentional) in that same post he said something along the lines of "i thought thinktank trying to get me lynched would have cleared me by now" :roll:
seems to me that thinktank was just trying to blantantly bus avi in order to semi-clear himself
vote avi
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:44 am

Post by dahill1 »

also
Mod can we get a Vote Count?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think avi's at L-1 so no one hammer until he claims
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Jex »

dahill1 wrote:also
Mod can we get a Vote Count?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think avi's at L-1 so no one hammer until he claims
if you're worried about a hammer why don't you remove your vote to ensure it doesn't happen? Seems a little risky to me to leave his fate in another's hand when you still want to hear a claim.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I only count three votes on avi, so he's still a ways from a lynch.

I'm not planning on absorbing the danny ocean power, because its such a low probability of successfully stopping my death that the pros of holding off and possibly being able to absorb more useful powers outweighs the basically 1 in 8 (since it'll be minus whoever is lynched and obviously minus myself) shot that I'd have of redirecting a kill aimed at me. The bus driver ability also has the drawback that I might unknowingly redirect an information role and further confuse the town.

Additionally, farside, I agree it is quite a stretch to presume I'd survive all the way to endgame, but if I do absorb Mr. Green's power I am a person the town will want to have in an endgame scenario if at all possible. Since I can prove to the town beyond a doubt when I do absorb the power (by directing Mr. Green's secret vote) there is no way I could lie about having gotten it, and I'm not sure about how it would work rules wise but I think, for the purposes of everybody else who's trying to reason this out without being 100% sure of my alignment, that regardless of me being evil or not if I have Mr. Green's power I will auto-kill a scum if the numbers are ever tied.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by dahill1 »

because he might feel there isn't enough pressure to claim, or he could say "i'm not claiming until i'm at L-1". i trust the players in this game enough not to hammer, but i just wanted to give a warning in case they miscounted the votes
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by dahill1 »

oops! sorry folks ignore the "don't hammer" post
jennar didnt include the people not voting in the VC so i forgot to count them as well
sorry!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Yep there are still ten of us, it takes six to lynch.

Though I can see why you'd forget about some of them, what with the heavy lurking going on around here.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:07 am

Post by springlullaby »

farside22 wrote:@Spring: I really haven't seen much of you hunting scum. You seem to just be asking questions and not offering much in regards to the game. IGMEOU right now.
Tell me, what does qualify as scumhunting for you?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:11 am

Post by springlullaby »

Hit submit.

I'm inclined to believe OMGL now and I'm happy with my vote on avinashv atm. Didn't see him reply to my post, and his vote is still on me while I think I made good points as to how his reasons to vote me are crap.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

unvote, vote: Avi

This is a better plan of action at this time.

I still think its not very likely that thinktank was bussing him, but there is that possibility, given credence by his playing the newbie card around the question of bussing.

I also think he could easily be werewolf, and that would make for a stellar lynch as well.

Would still very much like to hear from him and others before deadline.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

springlullaby wrote:
farside22 wrote:@Spring: I really haven't seen much of you hunting scum. You seem to just be asking questions and not offering much in regards to the game. IGMEOU right now.
Tell me, what does qualify as scumhunting for you?
Really I haven't seen you come up with anything that no one else has stated. Nothing really grabs me as far as actual comments made when voting. You just seem quiet and non (what is the word) a non entity. I'm not familiar with you as a player, but the low radar types usually ring my scum radar.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:17 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

This deadline is quickly approaching. Where is everybody?
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:57 am

Post by The Jester »

Here, forgot the 27th was that close, my concept of dates is rather poor.

Not sure about Avi right now, will decide tomorrow hopefully.

Re-reading I came to suspicions of Deathguise, but I being dumb only wrote I think he was acting suspicious and not why. I'll have to look at him later.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by Jex »

having the deadline be tomorrow I'm going to
unvote vote avi
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by The Jester »

Haven't come to a conclusion about whose more suspicious but deadline is today where I am so.

avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by avinashv »

Dammit, all my games went to crap over finals. I'm sorry I didn't post that I'd be away for so long.

Too little too late? I am Ihmotep, but was killed night 1. I am now resurrected as mummy.
Mod
--did I make it?
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Unfortunately, I feel like I’m in much the same position as Farside. If I were to make a scum list from first to third of the three people I currently feel the most uncomfortable with based on their day one and two behavior it would be:
OhGodMyLife
Jalathas
Avinashv

OhGodMyLife has had a bad day two, and the more I think on his Jack Sparrow as scum theory the less comfortable I am with it. Jack Sparrow swung the hammer on Thinktank, who proved to be scum, and though this may have been the most super attenuated case of distancing in the history of this game (eventually they will discover I am Jack Sparrow, and then I can point to hammering my scum buddy with my secret vote on day one) it certainly doesn’t seem very likely. And it is hard to envision to repeated wild “anyone but me” attacks with league behavior. At the least they are not pro-town. All that said, I still don’t feel like OhGodMyLife is the vote for today.

Jalathas was terrible day one and vanished under questioning. New player though, so I would at least like to see what a replacement can offer before pursuing this further.

Avinashv is very difficult for me. He has put himself in a position where it would be impossible for me to ever trust a town read on him, but at the same time I’m just not convinced he’s scum. In addition, because of the generally combative and OMGUSy nature of his responses I’m far from sure we will gain reliable information from lynching him.

Quick thoughts on some others before we go to night, just in case I don’t wake up in the morning.

Farside22: Extraordinary job day one focusing on Thinktank. You can’t discount the possibility of a day one scum sacrifice, but her lack of day two follow-up is mitigated by two factors: Her second suspect died night one and there has been very little day two information to go on. Normally I would consider the differential between her day one and day two activity suspicious, but I don’t think you can do so in the conditions we find ourselves.

The Jester: This is one point where a lynched league Avinashv might point a possible direction for day two suspicions. I’ve read and reread the early Avinashv/TheJester/Jalathas exchanges, and I feel certain there is at least one scum in that mix. My current feeling is: Jalathas/Avinashv/The Jester, but The Jester didn’t help himself by picking Deathguise of the four total posts, only two with any content at all, as the person who had attracted his suspicion.

Springlullaby: Springlullaby has only cast votes on Avinashv since the game began. She cast votes on him twice on day one without ever even unvoting in between. She has been pursuing a lynch on him with an almost evangelical zeal. Whether Avinashv turns up league or scum I find it hard at this time to envision Springlullaby as scum. This kind of over-committing is usually found in town.

Jex: I don’t have a firm read on Jex at the moment. I consider the speculation on Mr. Green to be a nulltell, for a number of reasons. I also like her stand on OGML and find her day one transition from OhGodMyLife to Thinktank to be reasonably solid. The only question I see in her play to this point is whether she is demonstrating fairly circumspect town behavior or subtly opportunistic scumminess. Also, while Jex and OGML may both be league, if one is scum the other almost certainly is not.

Dahill1: Rereading Dahill1 in isolation I am less suspicious of him than previously. Less suspicious, however, does not mean not suspicious. Although his behavior in calling out his future vote on OGML and his warning not to hammer Avinashv may both be innocent, they could equally be seen as scum calling out to partners in thread. OGML’s attack on Dahill1 was largely baseless, as have been most of OGML’s “self-preservation” posts, but Dahill1’s actions to date leave his alignment in serious question.

Deathguise: Four posts. Liked me as league so he couldn’t have been all bad. In his two posts with content he arrives at a reasonable position in FOSing instead of voting The Jester early, then votes Thinktank, expresses suspicion of Avinashv, clears The Jester softly and Jalathas and Sprinlullaby more solidly. The vote on Thinktank serves to clear Deathguise less than it might otherwise because Deathguise never appeared again.

Since we do not want to go to night without a lynch:

Vote: Avinashv

Back to digging in the morning.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

By the way, I would ask that anyone who checks in before nightfall do a similar summation of their thoughts. We have multiple possible night kills, so if you have anything you think may help town get it in before the sun sets.
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Jennar »

Final Vote
Avinashv (7) - Springlullaby, Farside 22, dahil1, ohgodmylife, Jex, The Jester, Justin Playfair

Springlullaby (1) - Avinashv

Avinashv does pirouettes in the air from the hangman's noose. You each watch in turn till the movement stops even waiting a second to make sure that he's dead. Once convinced you begin the process of checking his belongings. To your dismay you find that you have killed one of your own.

Avinashv - League

Night 1 Begins now and ends on May 7th at noon-ish. I have no reply from prods on Deathguise and if I am unable to locate a replacement before day break I am leaning towards a mod kill.

-Geoff
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Jennar »

Albert B. Rampage replaces Deathguise
Miffinhead replaces Jalathas

Due to replacements I am extending the night deadline until May 10th to allow for rereads by new players.

Thank you for replacing in both of you.

-J
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Jennar »

You awake this morning to a bloody and grisly scene of death.
Justin Playfair
lays in a pool of his blood sprawled across the stairs to the second story. Nearby in the hall
Dahill1
lays dead crumpled in a mass of carnage. And again the Leagues must bruy two of thier own in the ever growing cemetary in the conservatory.

Justin Playfair - League - Dead Night 2
Dahill1 - League - Dead Night 2

Begin Day 3. It ends on June 1st at noon-ish.

With 7 Alive it will take 4 to lynch.

-Geoff
Last edited by Jennar on Sun May 11, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:45 am

Post by muffinhead »

Hello everybody, this is the frist time i have replaced into a game. I have played with about half the people here but for those who i havnt, I hope to get to know.

Im here to contribute as much as possible hoping to post once per day and get a move on with this game. Since i have school soon, ill re-read when i get home.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”