Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:05 am

Post by farside22 »

avinashv wrote:
Justin Playfair wrote:Avinashv,

Based on the evidence in thread so far, do you really believe you have found all the scum in town? If not, is there a specific reason why you have presented your suspects in the way you have?
All I've said is that my vote is on Jester and I have a few FoS's out---that's all they are. Fingers Of Suspicion. If I had to lynch three right now, yeah, that's who they'd be. My strongest candidate had my vote, but because I don't want to get lynched:
Unvote, Vote: thinktank
. Call that scummy, but self-preservation is important.

Care to elaborate why you feel I am a lynch candidate? The way this game is going, I'm getting the noose by the deadline.
Jennar it looks like you missed this vote.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Jennar »

farside22 wrote: Jennar it looks like you missed this vote.
That I did. Thank you.

Jex (1) - Jalathas
Jalathas (1) - Justin Playfair
thintank (7) - the_cat_herder, Deathguise, Farside22, Avinashv, Jex, The Jester, Jack Sparrow

Avinashv (4) - Ohgodmylife, Springlullaby, thinktank
Farside22 (1) - Greasy Spot

The noose cinches around the neck of Thinktank as he swings from teh oak tree behind the mansion. The assemblage waits with baited breath as his feet kick at the air looking for escape. An eerie silence falls over the world as a stillness overcomes where activity once was. A few moment pass to ensure that all the life has left his body before he is lowered to the ground and the process of rifling through his pockets begins. A cheer resounds from the looters as the proof is held high for all to see.

Thinktank - Evil - Lynched Day 1

The victory is short lived however when the sun sets into the horizon as a hasty burial is made. Night has come, and now its their turn to strike.

Begin Night 1. Ends March 30th.

-J
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Jennar »

dahil1 replaces the_cat_herder.

-J
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Jennar »

Light peaks over the nearby mountains as guests slowly make their way from their rooms. It takes but a moment to notice that casualties were had last night and thus a search begins of the premises.
Greasy Spot
is found in the hallway, a grizzly trail of blood and gore litter the tiles resembling his namesake. In two other rooms signs of blood and struggle are found but no bodies to attach them too.

Greasy Spot - League - Dead Night 1

-------

Day 2 Begins. Ends on April 20th at noon-ish.

-J
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:29 am

Post by dahill1 »

hello everyone, i'm doing a re-read
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:44 am

Post by dahill1 »

alright so far the main issue (in my opinion) seems to concern the jester and avi (i'm not going to attempt to spell your name). here are some events and my thoughts on them..
first, the jester says avi is giving "false information" which is kind of a stretch
avi then says the jester had a "gross overreaction". that caught my eye, and to me it seemed like avi was trying to make something more out of what the jester had intended. it might have been an overreaction on some level, but definitely not a gross overreaction.
avi then proceeds to play the newbie card

on a seperate note,
OhGodMyLife wrote:Still liking my vote on avinashv, I need to hear something good from him before I'm switching it. He's trying to squirm his way out of the limelight without answering for the scummy things he's already done.

Springlullaby and Justin Playfair are both looking markedly pro-town to me. Everyone else I've got a generally neutral read on, but at some point I'll take a look at some peoples posts in isolation and see if anything can be illuminated by that.
this is a very scummy post. he's trying to make himself look town by agreeing with most people about avi, and then offering his "analysis" on people so far. i don't think there's any need to say who you think is pro-town unless they are being considered for a lynch/attacked by another player and you want to defend them.

as a counterpoint for avi, thinktank did attempt to bandwagon him, but this could just be bussing.
so for now
Big FoS: Avi, Smaller (but not insignificant) FoS: OhGodMyLife
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by avinashv »

@dahill: Avi is fine--in fact, it's my nickname. I've already offered what I feel is more than enough--and honestly, all I have--discussion on the matter. If that isn't good enough, nothing I am going to say is going to change your mind. What's "bussing"? I assume it's a tactic where scum get votes for each other? That seems like a waste, especially this early. I honestly thought thinktank's actions would have cleared my name somewhat.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by dahill1 »

avinashv wrote:@dahill: Avi is fine--in fact, it's my nickname. I've already offered what I feel is more than enough--and honestly, all I have--discussion on the matter. If that isn't good enough, nothing I am going to say is going to change your mind. What's "bussing"? I assume it's a tactic where scum get votes for each other? That seems like a waste, especially this early. I honestly thought thinktank's actions would have cleared my name somewhat.
haha oh the irony of that last sentence just killed me :lol:
could have been an honest mistake but still..
ok, bussing is when one scumpartner leads the lynch for his other scumpartner just to clear himself. the logic they would present is, "I can't be scum because I just helped you guys lynch another scum."
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Jex »

I concur with dahill's thoughts about OhGodMyLife as he was my top suspect during day 1. I'm going to
vote ohgodmylife
for the same reasons as yesterday.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by dahill1 »

now looking back i'm leaning more towards avi is a newbie, but that doesn't mean i don't still suspect you!
also i'm going to
announce my intention to probably vote OGML later on
but i wan't to see his response first
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by Jex »

I was reading through roles again and Mr. Green's public vote does not count toward a lynch. Also, Mr. Green is the only confirmed innocent. Therefore, if my thoughts are right, these ppl could not possibly be Mr. Green:

the_cat_herder
Deathguise
Farside22
Avinashv
The Jester
thinktank
Jex

I added thinktank to the list even though he is dead because roles are not being revealed to us. Since thinktank was evil, he can not be Mr. Green.

The others are on the list because they successfully lynched thinktank which means that they're votes counted.

I dont' know how much this information helps us at this moment, but it may help us later down the road. Who knows.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Jex wrote:I dont' know how much this information helps us at this moment
neither do i..we don't need to be looking for pro-town roles right now..
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:52 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

THSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:59 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Jex wrote:I was reading through roles again and Mr. Green's public vote does not count toward a lynch. Also, Mr. Green is the only confirmed innocent. Therefore, if my thoughts are right, these ppl could not possibly be Mr. Green:

the_cat_herder
Deathguise
Farside22
Avinashv
The Jester
thinktank
Jex

I added thinktank to the list even though he is dead because roles are not being revealed to us. Since thinktank was evil, he can not be Mr. Green.

The others are on the list because they successfully lynched thinktank which means that they're votes counted.

I dont' know how much this information helps us at this moment, but it may help us later down the road. Who knows.
Why would you ever publicly narrow down the possible people who could be Mr. Green? Are you trying to help the scum aim their night kills? Mr. Green is a powerful pro-town role and the only one that can be confirmed to be innocent.

I'll have something to say about the accusations of me later I'm at work right now and can't make a long post. For now,

Vote: Jex
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:59 am

Post by dahill1 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Jex wrote:I was reading through roles again and Mr. Green's public vote does not count toward a lynch. Also, Mr. Green is the only confirmed innocent. Therefore, if my thoughts are right, these ppl could not possibly be Mr. Green:

the_cat_herder
Deathguise
Farside22
Avinashv
The Jester
thinktank
Jex

Why would you ever publicly narrow down the possible people who could be Mr. Green? Are you trying to help the scum aim their night kills? Mr. Green is a powerful pro-town role and the only one that can be confirmed to be innocent.

I'll have something to say about the accusations of me later I'm at work right now and can't make a long post. For now,

Vote: Jex
i agree with this it was a stupid move on her part, but to me, it looks like you're just trying to find a reason to vote her without making it look like an OMGUS vote
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Jex »

Yea, I wasn't really thinking when I put that post and realized it was a mistake right after I posted it. In my head I was thinking something completely different. However, I can't take back posts so there's not a lot I can do about it now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:14 am

Post by farside22 »

My problem with OGML was that orginally he voted for avi and when asked he really never said anything for himself. Here is one of the quotes were he explains his vote.
OhGodMyLife wrote:Jex, my vote on avi (hope you don't mind that I'm giving you a nickname to make my life easier) was initially random, but given the case built against him by others and what I see as a failure to answer for it, my vote is doing the most to help by simply continuing to pressure him. If he doesn't come up with something soon I endorse further votes being placed on the bandwagon until he does.

Also, HAI FARSIDE!!!
Now granted I saw OGML was on vacation for a bit, but I believe he was back in time to read the discussion. As much as I agree that Jex's comment was a bad, bad play. I would like OGML to please discuss one did you come back to read the game? 2) Have you read what was said and did you have thoughts based on the lynch of thinktank.
As for Avi. It's a sad day when I see someone who hasn't been on this site as long as you have been tells you what bussing is about. I found your vote against thinktank odd. It really had no meaning behind it and wouldn't be surprised to find out that you are faking not knowing what bussing actually is.
FOS: Avi and OGML
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:16 am

Post by farside22 »

By the way I forgot to mention I will be on V/LA from April 3rd to April 9th.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

If I could, may I point out that Jex's conclusions are most probably invalid. Jennar pointed out that Jack Sparrow's vote would appear in thread. He did not do the same for Mr. Green's, and in addition it would seem to me that it would likely not, since its presence there could then be used for precisely the sort of purpose Jex now supposes.

Since Mr. Green's public vote does not count and his secret vote would likely not be shown there is no reason to believe that any of the above people could not have publicly (no count) and secretly (counted) have voted for the same person. So overall, Jex, I don't believe you did any harm.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I hate to be the one to point this out, Justin, but
The last vote count of day one wrote:Avinashv (4) - Ohgodmylife, Springlullaby, thinktank
So her conclusion is valid and damaging
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Dahill,
Dahill wrote:also i'm going to announce my intention to probably vote OGML later on but i wan't to see his response first
Why? You know, why announce your intention to probably vote OGML later on? If his response would make any difference?

This might just be a curious construction, but I wouldn’t mind seeing your response.

That said,

OGML,

Your return to thread was serendipitous and precise enough to suggest lurking with purpose. I don’t think you have a whole lot to defend against from the initial case, because I can’t recall a game I’ve been in where I didn’t see multiple early game posts like the one you made, and they were made no more often by scum than town. But to dive back into thread the way you did, and not to defend but to attack one of your accusers on an ill-considered but not absolutely scummy action…smacks of deflection. Because I may be interpreting that incorrectly, though, could you explain to me why this single action by Jex was sufficient, on it’s own, to warrant a vote from you? Or if this incident was part of a larger pattern of suspicious behavior by Jex, could you explain it to us?

Avinashv,

I’m not positive yet whether your statement above on the subject of a bus was scummy or just the most overly-defensive newbie maneuver I’ve ever seen. But…
Avinashv wrote:What's "bussing"? I assume it's a tactic where scum get votes for each other? That seems like a waste, especially this early. I honestly thought thinktank's actions would have cleared my name somewhat.
Let’s break that statement down.
Avinashv wrote:What's "bussing"?
What is this strange thing you call “bussing”?
Avinashv wrote:I assume it's a tactic where scum get votes for each other?
Could it be exactly what I write in my next sentence? Who knows?
Avinashv wrote:That seems like a waste, especially this early.
But surely, even if such a thing exists, it would have never been done at this stage of a game. Not that I even know what it is.
Avinashv wrote:I honestly thought thinktank's actions would have cleared my name somewhat.
And to prove my innocence I will then openly put forth the conclusion that would be the only possible goal for scum engaged in this strange “bussing”, which I have outlined and provided a strategy statement about.

Avinashv, that post doesn’t exist in nature. It might be overeager defense, it might be scummy, but at the moment it’s bothering me more than anything else I’ve seen from you. Please give me some sort of explanation for that statement that doesn’t require me to believe that those four sentences were written in order by someone who wasn’t even sure what bussing was.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Justin Playfair wrote:Dahill,
Dahill wrote:also i'm going to announce my intention to probably vote OGML later on but i wan't to see his response first
Why? You know, why announce your intention to probably vote OGML later on? If his response would make any difference?

This might just be a curious construction, but I wouldn’t mind seeing your response.
I did not (and I usually don't) vote people without first hearing their response or defense first. If he made a compelling argument against voting him, I might unvote. So yeah, it was basically to see what he would say.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by avinashv »

@Justin Playfair: I'll let the extremely condescending tone go this once; maybe you didn't realize how it comes across in the written word. Check that next time.

I'm going to give myself enough credit that I worked out what bussing was in context of what dahill said it was: I wasn't sure, I asked. I gave it a guess, and based on that guess, I presented a conclusion. Instead of acting holier-than-thou, try giving dahill's post a read with an open mind, and see how I came to my conclusion contextually.

@farside22: Sad though it may be, have you ever thought to wonder that maybe in his shorter time here, he was introduced to bussing where I was not? Or maybe he "bussed" in RL mafia?

As for the Mr. Green controversy, I didn't catch that 4th hidden vote on me. Sneaky.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:01 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Justin, the precision you speak of is because I haven't had the chance yet to read the several pages of development at the end of day one that I missed while v/la, but I did read the posts on this page and felt the need to respond to them. My vote on jex is because what she did with the Mr. Green thing is very scummy, and one vote is not putting her in any danger. I don't FoS people unless my vote is already on somebody else.

I'll catch up and comment on all I missed later today.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:01 am

Avinashv,

I wasn’t being condescending. I was telling you that you’re asking me to believe too many impossible things before breakfast. It is certainly true that you could have picked up what bussing was, assuming you didn’t already know it, from what dahill posted.

But the four sentences you put together ask us to believe that:

1. You didn’t know what bussing was, thereby proving you couldn’t be engaged in it since you don’t even know what it was.
2. You guessed what it was, weren’t sure, didn’t look it up in the wiki or anywhere else but put your belief raised by context into your second sentence, even while still asking what bussing was in your first sentence.
3. Came to a conclusion, based on your “I wasn’t sure” contextual interpretation, that defends you from the charge of possibly engaging in bussing. So you’re still not interested enough to find out for sure what bussing is by the easy methods of finding it out, but oddly enough you are interested enough to use your interpretation, which you claim not even to be certain was right, to defend yourself against its implications.
4. Called out for the interpretation of events that any scum engaged in bussing or being unsuccessfully bussed would hope for.

So I’m left with either you being a new enough town player to think that this sort of disingenuous defense would work or you being scum.

Now maybe you’re right. Maybe you 1. still didn’t know for sure what bussing was…2. guessed it from context but wanted to post your guess instead of looking it up…3. mounted a defense in your next sentence based on the contextual assumption you made even though you weren’t sure your premise was even correct, and…4. after correctly guessing what bussing is and coming up with early game defense #1 on its use were still blissfully unaware that you were writing down the hoped for conclusion of the strategy you had outlined and defended yourself from.

And if I said, “Aw, let’s leave Avinashv alone on this, he’s just a newbie and probably doesn’t know any better”…

Then I would, in fact, be condescending. I am, instead, calling you out on what seems like pretty clear dishonesty on your part. Which is treating you as an equal.

I believe it’s possible you weren’t sure what bussing was when you first saw it and wanted to communicate that fact in your post. That’s why I haven’t voted for you yet. But I don’t believe that when you wrote those words you didn’t know what bussing was. The parts just don’t fit together. And they don’t fit together in a way that makes a conveniently self-serving stew of claimed ignorance and insouciant defense, which certainly does have scummy implications.

Do you have something further to offer on this topic or are you standing by what you wrote above?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”