Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Jennar »

Just to step in here. The mystical 4th vote on Avinashv at the end of the day is my mistake not any indication of a mysterious Mr. Green vote. Both Mr. Green and Jack Sparrow show up on the vote in the same manner. The transparent vote casts by Mr. Green will show up in a count as it should but would just not cause the person to be lynched.

I apologize for any confusion my oversight caused.

-Geoff
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Hmmm...

So we were all wrong about the Mr. Green thing. Is that really enough reason to stop posting entirely?

OhGodMyLife, have you finished your review yet? Any conclusions?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:39 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

OK, for starters
Unvote: Jex

There was one other moderately scummy thing she did early on, which was lurkerhunting on Ration before he was replaced, but otherwise she's looked pro-town, and she got the message from my vote that her Not Mr. Green list was a bad move. I will no longer cry over that spilt milk.

I think the manner in which thinktank wagoned avi is indicative that they were not scum together. He was altogether too insistent, and IMO if it had been a distancing tactic he wouldn't have stuck so hard to his guns on it. This doesn't discount the fact that avi could still be The Beast (SK).

I also believe thinktank chose avi as his wagoning target not just because avi wasn't scum but because those who had started the wagon weren't either. I have mixed feelings about springlullaby, she made some similar comments to thinktank about wagoning for the sake of wagoning, but I seriously doubt that more than one scum would be on the avi wagon. Scum tend to spread their votes out more than that. Thinktank could also easily have been trying to buddy up to both springlullaby and myself by joining us in voting avi.

Its interesting that there were two failed night kills, it means that van helsing was active as well as the beast and team evil. However there are an awful lot of ways for people to not die in this game so I'm not sure there's any information to be learned from this, at least not yet. Its something to keep in mind though.

More in a while, I'm at work and have things here to get done.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Jex »

OhGodMyLife wrote:There was one other moderately scummy thing she did early on, which was lurkerhunting on Ration before he was replaced, but otherwise she's looked pro-town, and she got the message from my vote that her Not Mr. Green list was a bad move. I will no longer cry over that spilt milk.[/quothe]

FYI - the vote on Ration was still during random voting and I was hoping he would start chiming in. Nothing substantial had happened and the mod hadn't yet said he was being replaced.
OhGodMyLife wrote:I think the manner in which thinktank wagoned avi is indicative that they were not scum together. He was altogether too insistent, and IMO if it had been a distancing tactic he wouldn't have stuck so hard to his guns on it. This doesn't discount the fact that avi could still be The Beast (SK).
I completely disagree. Avi could very well have been scum based on thinktanks actions (i'm not attacking avi as scum atm, but attacking the argument here). Thinktank could have started trying to distance and eventually turned into bussing of his partner in order to save face. I've found that it's incredibly common to bus a scum buddy on day one to save yourself later down the road. What his plan was we don't know because he is no longer with us and I don't really understand how it's go to help by trying to figure out his intent right now. It seems like a giant WIFOM argument to me and we can't draw any specific conclusions.

P.S. - HAPPY BIRTHDAY OHGODMYLIFE!!!
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

OhGodMyLife wrote: I also believe thinktank chose avi as his wagoning target not just because avi wasn't scum but because those who had started the wagon weren't either. I have mixed feelings about springlullaby, she made some similar comments to thinktank about wagoning for the sake of wagoning, but I seriously doubt that more than one scum would be on the avi wagon. Scum tend to spread their votes out more than that. Thinktank could also easily have been trying to buddy up to both springlullaby and myself by joining us in voting avi.

OhGodMyLife,

The above statement bothers me a bit. It presents itself as though it represents your thoughts about Springlullaby, but it works to defend you by proxy, since you were also on the wagon for Avinashv. Any particular reason why this was tucked into your view on Springlullaby this way?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Justin,
Part of my reason for defending springlullaby on this point is indeed the fact that I was also on the wagon. Knowing only my own alignment and that of the dead, I have presented my thought process as to why thinktank's actions lead me to believe what they do about SL. I did try to present it in such a way that people can understand how it also applies to me, since obviously I'm the only one that can be 100% sure of my alignment. It is in my best interest as town to see neither myself or SL lynched for the apparent thinktank connection.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by The Jester »

Hey, I'm here.

Catching up now.
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Jennar »

With ten days till deadline and little to no activity I will be issuing a general prod tomorrow if I see no advance in posts.

-J
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:44 am

Post by farside22 »

OGML could you please answer the questions I asked of you?
farside22 wrote: Now granted I saw OGML was on vacation for a bit, but I believe he was back in time to read the discussion. As much as I agree that Jex's comment was a bad, bad play. I would like OGML to please discuss one did you come back to read the game? 2) Have you read what was said and did you have thoughts based on the lynch of thinktank.
As for Avi. It's a sad day when I see someone who hasn't been on this site as long as you have been tells you what bussing is about. I found your vote against thinktank odd. It really had no meaning behind it and wouldn't be surprised to find out that you are faking not knowing what bussing actually is.
FOS: Avi and OGML
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by avinashv »

I'm here, although nothing's really happened.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:16 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

farside22 wrote:OGML could you please answer the questions I asked of you?
farside22 wrote: Now granted I saw OGML was on vacation for a bit, but I believe he was back in time to read the discussion. As much as I agree that Jex's comment was a bad, bad play. I would like OGML to please discuss one did you come back to read the game? 2) Have you read what was said and did you have thoughts based on the lynch of thinktank.
As for Avi. It's a sad day when I see someone who hasn't been on this site as long as you have been tells you what bussing is about. I found your vote against thinktank odd. It really had no meaning behind it and wouldn't be surprised to find out that you are faking not knowing what bussing actually is.
FOS: Avi and OGML
1) I hadn't yet read whole of what I missed when I voted Jex for that Mr. Green thing. I have now.
2) I believe my more recent post about the avi wagon w/ regards to thinktank cover my thoughts on him.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Vote: avinashv

TheJester calls him out on day one, he replies with 'overeaction!' 'stop patronizing me!'.

Justin Playfaire calls him out on day two, he replies with 'stop being condescending!'.

And then contribute nothing.

I don't know what to think of OGML analysis, I know I'll ignore who thinktank has voted for today.

Jex, I don't think her 'slip' regarding mister green is a tell one way or another.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by avinashv »

Call it OMGUS if you want, but that was a big deal. This is your first post since March 20. That was to request a prod. Before that, you posted on March 13. One month ago. To vote for me based on lack of input is an insult. Moreso, it's scummy as hell. Add to that the false quotes, carefully inserted exclamation marks and the shifty play D1, I'm sold.

Unvote, vote: springlullaby
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:39 am

Post by farside22 »

avinashv wrote:Call it OMGUS if you want, but that was a big deal. This is your first post since March 20. That was to request a prod. Before that, you posted on March 13. One month ago. To vote for me based on lack of input is an insult. Moreso, it's scummy as hell. Add to that the false quotes, carefully inserted exclamation marks and the shifty play D1, I'm sold.

Unvote, vote: springlullaby
QTF :!:
Not that I'm sold on your innocence, but you bring up a very good point. :wink:
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by The Jester »

I finished reading, and Ohgodmylife not having a case on his vote, and what was previously mentioned by Jex. The vote on Avin, which was explained as random, but was kept because of the case that was built on Avin; which I believe wasn't really a case at all.

Vote: OMGL
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Jex »

Wow this game has died. I still think OGML is the best lynch for today based on the actions I've already explained.

Mod
Can we get a vote count please?
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Hm. Roleclaims in this game will not be very useful since everyone but Mr. Green is not of gauranteed alignment. If I get any closer to being lynched though I will claim and give the town my information. I don't want to have to do this however, because I am a very, very useful role for the town and I think that I would probably draw the nightkill if I claimed. If I remain unclaimed I'm much more likely to remain alive because the scum will (rightly) percieve me as an easy mislynch in coming days.

..WIFOM, I know, but thats how things are for me. The fact that my roleclaim wouldn't actually clear me is making this much more difficult than your average game of mafia.

vote: springlullaby

Her alignment will be most helpful I think in orienting our thoughts, or at least orienting my thoughts. I know its incredibly hypocritical of me to go after the other person who was bandwagoning with thinktank yesterday, but IMO she's a better lynch today than Avi, who I just don't buy being on team evil anymore.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Also, in advance of the impending deadline

mod: prods and an official votecount please?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by dahill1 »

sorry for not posting in a while
i had already stated my intentions to vote OGML, and he did just breadcrumb town powerrole but it's WIFOM so
vote OGML

also OGML, i'm pretty sure Mr. Green is guaranteed town
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Mr. Green is gauranteed town, didn't mean to make it sound otherwise if I did.

Sigh. I'm gonna wait for an official votecount and see how close to a lynch I am before I claim.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by dahill1 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:everyone but Mr. Green is not of gauranteed alignment.
it's humans vs monsters
all the humans (w/ exception of Eric Draven) are town
all monsters are scum
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

.... no its not
The Mod, in the 1st post wrote:After all roles have been decided players will be labeled as League (town), Evil (Mafia) or Werewolf (SK).
----
I give no guarantees for alignment for a role with the exception of Mr. Green. Mr. Green is always town. All other alignments are up in the air for any role.
Have you been reading the game? Somebody else, I believe The Jester, mistakenly believed the same thing earlier until that was cleared up.

I'm a little confused why people would assume that this was human-town vs monster-scum unless they are monster-scum.

Even more interesting is you pointing out what you think is an exception for Eric Draven. Is this because you are in fact EricDravenScum?

unvote, vote: dahill1
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by dahill1 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:.... no its not
The Mod, in the 1st post wrote:After all roles have been decided players will be labeled as League (town), Evil (Mafia) or Werewolf (SK).
----
I give no guarantees for alignment for a role with the exception of Mr. Green. Mr. Green is always town. All other alignments are up in the air for any role.
Have you been reading the game? Somebody else, I believe The Jester, mistakenly believed the same thing earlier until that was cleared up.

I'm a little confused why people would assume that this was human-town vs monster-scum unless they are monster-scum.

Even more interesting is you pointing out what you think is an exception for Eric Draven. Is this because you are in fact EricDravenScum?

unvote, vote: dahill1
i missed that part, as others did as well
i said eric draven was an exception because when i assumed it was humans vs monsters it said Eric Draven (human/monster), so i wasn't sure
seems like a poor reason to be voting for me
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Better reasons for voting you, dahill:

1. You're doing something I call "active-lurking," which is where you pop in from time to time and post, but never really add anything of substance.
2. A continuation of the first point, since March 31st all you've done that is actually game impacting is announce an intention to vote me and respond to a question on this topic asked of you.
3. Announcing an intention to vote for somebody but not actually doing so is scummy. It reads as testing the waters, but not jumping in til it has become popular to do so. This is exactly what you did.
4. Until just now you had never actually voted for anybody all game. Were you afraid of leaving a voting record to tie you back to your scum partners?
5. No, what I gave was not a poor reason, it was a meta/psychological read of sorts rather than an actual game play read. In the ensuing time I went back and looked at your actual gameplay and viola! Its scummy.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Jex »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Mr. Green is gauranteed town, didn't mean to make it sound otherwise if I did.

Sigh. I'm gonna wait for an official votecount and see how close to a lynch I am before I claim.
I don't really see the point of claiming to save yourself in this case. No matter what you claim we can't prove that you are town or scum based on your role unless you are Mr. Green. Therefore, claiming is pretty much pointless.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”