Post by Jex »

P.S. - Unofficial Vote Count since our mod hasn't been responding:

OhGodMyLife (3) - Jex, the jester, dahill1
avinashv (1) - Springlullaby
springlullaby (1) - avinashv
dahill1 (1) - ohgodmylife

Also
unvote
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:45 am

Post by dahill1 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Better reasons for voting you, dahill:

1. You're doing something I call "active-lurking," which is where you pop in from time to time and post, but never really add anything of substance.
2. A continuation of the first point, since March 31st all you've done that is actually game impacting is announce an intention to vote me and respond to a question on this topic asked of you.
3. Announcing an intention to vote for somebody but not actually doing so is scummy. It reads as testing the waters, but not jumping in til it has become popular to do so. This is exactly what you did.
4. Until just now you had never actually voted for anybody all game. Were you afraid of leaving a voting record to tie you back to your scum partners?
5. No, what I gave was not a poor reason, it was a meta/psychological read of sorts rather than an actual game play read. In the ensuing time I went back and looked at your actual gameplay and viola! Its scummy.
1) if you are accusing me of lurking and not including everyone else in this game (yourself included) then you are mistaken. also, my first post of the game was my analysis so far and the game somewhat died soon after that.
2) nope, reread my posts
3) i don't think so. at that moment, i was going to either vote for avi or you, but i couldn't decide. i was leaning towards you so i announced that i probably would but i hadnt made up my mind yet
4) i only just replaced in
this day
, and so far you are the only one that i find scummy enough for a vote
5) you could've just said "this is mainly a meta read, etc."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:59 am

Post by farside22 »

dahill1 wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:Better reasons for voting you, dahill:

You're doing something I call "active-lurking," which is where you pop in from time to time and post, but never really add anything of substance.
2. A continuation of the first point, since March 31st all you've done that is actually game impacting is announce an intention to vote me and respond to a question on this topic asked of you.

3. Announcing an intention to vote for somebody but not actually doing so is scummy. It reads as testing the waters, but not jumping in til it has become popular to do so. This is exactly what you did.
4. Until just now you had never actually voted for anybody all game. Were you afraid of leaving a voting record to tie you back to your scum partners?
5. No, what I gave was not a poor reason, it was a meta/psychological read of sorts rather than an actual game play read. In the ensuing time I went back and looked at your actual gameplay and viola! Its scummy.
1)
if you are accusing me of lurking and not including everyone else in this game (yourself included) then you are mistaken. also, my first post of the game was my analysis so far and the game somewhat died soon after that.

2) nope, reread my posts
3) i don't think so. at that moment, i was going to either vote for avi or you, but i couldn't decide. i was leaning towards you so i announced that i probably would but i hadnt made up my mind yet
4) i only just replaced in
this day
, and so far you are the only one that i find scummy enough for a vote
5) you could've just said "this is mainly a meta read, etc."
I forgot you replaced. :lol:, but seriously the first part alone makes me question OMGL more. It looks like a desperate attempt. FOS OMGL. We have a couple of days more discussion would be good. I was looking for Spring to comment on Avi's comment.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:01 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

OK, so you don't think the way he's lurking is a tell. What do you think of points three, four and five?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:17 am

Post by avinashv »

Sorry for the lack of activity, I have exams and haven't had time for this site.

Spring still hasn't replied; I'd like to point out this is exactly what I was referring to.

Has someone PM'd the mod directly? I am going to do that.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:23 am

Post by dahill1 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:OK, so you don't think the way he's lurking is a tell. What do you think of points three, four and five?
again i was "lurking" as much as anyone else was
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:41 pm

Post by springlullaby »

avinashv wrote:Call it OMGUS if you want, but that was a big deal. This is your first post since March 20. That was to request a prod. Before that, you posted on March 13. One month ago. To vote for me based on lack of input is an insult. Moreso, it's scummy as hell. Add to that the false quotes, carefully inserted exclamation marks and the shifty play D1, I'm sold.

Unvote, vote: springlullaby
I don't post when I have nothing to say. If you imply that you are voting me because you find me lacking on putting input forth, what about my last which was my vote on you?

Plus I'm not voting you solely on your history of spammy, content-lacking, 'oh hai, I'm noob, how do i shooted lazer' posts.

I believe that your repeated cry of 'overeaction' ' condescensions' and such are inherently scummy as I see them as bid for sympathy while avoiding the point.

False quotes? Do you seriously mean to claim that you truly believe my intent was to forge false quotes?
I intended those as paraphrases, hence the exaggeration, and I think it was clear enough.

Shifty play on day 1? Quantify now.

I see no reason to change my vote atm.

Farside, if you have qualm with my play, I'd like you to state them clearly instead of QFTing.

OMGL,
OMGL wrote:If I get any closer to being lynched though I will claim and give the town my information. I don't want to have to do this however, because I am a very, very useful role for the town and I think that I would probably draw the nightkill if I claimed. If I remain unclaimed I'm much more likely to remain alive because the scum will (rightly) percieve me as an easy mislynch in coming days.
This struck me as strange, haven't you indicated to scum by this post alone that they have lot to gain in killing you anyway?
Her alignment will be most helpful I think in orienting our thoughts, or at least orienting my thoughts. I know its incredibly hypocritical of me to go after the other person who was bandwagoning with thinktank yesterday, but IMO she's a better lynch today than Avi, who I just don't buy being on team evil anymore.
I don't understand this. From my POV I don't see how my alignment would be at all helpful, beyond the obvious certainty of my cardflip, to help town orient their thoughts.

Prod: Jalathas, Deathguise

Justin Playfair, you've been needling at avinashv extensively, any impression on whether he is scum or not?
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Jennar »

Avinashv (1) - Springlullaby
OhGodMyu Life (3) - Jex, Jester, dahil1
Springlullaby (1) - Avinashv
dahil1 (1) - OhGodMyLife

Prods going out soon to those without votes in.

-Geoff
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by farside22 »

Jennar wrote:

Avinashv (1) - Springlullaby
OhGodMyu Life (3) - Jex, Jester, dahil1
Springlullaby (1) - Avinashv
dahil1 (1) - OhGodMyLife

Prods going out soon to those without votes in.

-Geoff
Can we have an extension please!!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

Springlullaby,

I’m sure not positive enough that Avinashv is scum at this point to vote him, much less actively advocate his lynch. There is a school of thought that you should lynch all liars, and I feel absolutely certain there is a lie in Avaniashv’s response about bussing. I was made more certain of this by his original deflecting post to me and by his silence on the subject since. However, in my short time here I have already seen lies, and admitted lies, told by folks who ended up town.

What makes me less likely to vote for Avinashv for the above is that I have now metaed him and found his attitude in other games to exhibit the same characteristics he has displayed here. Since these games are ongoing this is essentially a non-tell, but since my reasons to be suspicious of Avinashv center on this it makes me less likely to vote him without additional information. This includes his rather silly claim of false quotes against you for what was obviously paraphrasing, and not only obvious paraphrasing but paraphrasing that didn’t even exaggerate his initial tone. In short, I am suspicious of Avinashv, but unless some other information arises he will not get my vote today.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Vote: OhGodMyLife

Since I questioned you last your actions have only made me more suspicious of you.

The issue of a claim bothers me a bit. Only one claim you could make would seek to define your alignment. That role has no investigative power, so a claim of it would not allow you to claim an alignment. Your soft claim would have the same result of drawing a scum night kill to you as a hard claim would, and setting up an incipient reason for not being night killed in spite of this makes me uneasy.

Your votes for both Jex and Dahill1 seemed opportunistic in a way that doesn’t conform to town play. But your worst vote has to be the one on Springlullaby, because it seems to reveal plainly what troubled me earlier about your defense of those who were on the day one Avinashv wagon.
OhGodMyLife wrote:Her alignment will be most helpful I think in orienting our thoughts, or at least orienting my thoughts.
Why? What would Springlullaby being town tell you? What would Springlullaby being scum tell you? And why, when just earlier you stated your belief that Springlullaby was town, based on her presence on the day one Avinashv wagon, would you choose her as your lynch target, with no other expressed opinion which would show a change in your opinion of her?

Your behavior on the topic of Dahill1 also bothers me a great deal. Your initial vote on Dahill1 was for Dahill1 mistakenly assuming the game was monsters vs. humans, in the same way your vote on Jex was for her unfortunate assumption about Mr. Green. Of the two, the Dahill1 vote makes even less sense than the one on Jex, unless you can provide us a reason why Dahill1 being mistaken about this would serve a purpose for the scum in this game.

You later provided five additional reasons for your vote. The first two being discounted by Farside you then asked her about the remaining three. But the remaining three were:
OhGodMyLife wrote:3. Announcing an intention to vote for somebody but not actually doing so is scummy. It reads as testing the waters, but not jumping in til it has become popular to do so. This is exactly what you did.
Number three I asked Dahill1 about, and although his answer was moderately satisfactory this is probably the best of the list. Number four isn’t a reason at all, of course, as Dahill1 only replaced in on day two and plenty of us haven’t cast a vote yet today. For instance, I didn’t until the vote on you above. And number five isn’t even a reason. You’re just claiming Dahill1 looked scummy to you.

At this point in the game I don’t feel great about Dahill1 myself. But your jumping from one target to the next in the way you are bothers me more than anything anyone else is doing. There is still time for me to move this vote off you, and I will consider carefully whatever answers you provide for the above. With the scant participation in this game there hasn’t been a whole lot of evidence to sift through, but from what I have been able to dig up more seems to point toward you being scum than anyone else.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

OK guys, I'm town but there is no way to prove it through a claim. Here it is anyway, the information I have will still help the town.

I am Frekenstein's Monster. Here is my useful information.

Thinktank was Daniel Ocean.
Greasy Spot was Mr. Green.

unvote: dahill

When I voted dahill, I thought I had caught him on something, but looking back at my own private information it seems more a town tell than a scum tell because scum would already know that there had been a human in the scum group. Sorry, it was late, I was trying to find some reason for someone else to be lynched because the role I have really is quite useful for the town. For instance, were I to survive another night, I would have been absorbing Mr. Green's powers. However, that won't be the case, I'll likely be lynched today regardless since, as I am more than aware, this claim in no way proves my alignment one way or another.

I would still like to get the information I have out to the town for your benefit, however, so take it for what it is. Those are the roles of the players who have died so far. If I don't get lynched and live through the night, I will continue reporting on the roles of dead players. I don't foresee this occurring, but I'll stand by this statement if it does.

I've had a long day of drinking so I am in no state to do any investigating right now.

Mod, I second the request for a deadline extension

If we get one, good, I'll find a better suspect tomorrow. If not, then I'm the deadline lynch and bah go town.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Mod, if we are going to need replacements for Jalathas and Deathguise, please add my voice to those asking for a deadline extension.

Unvote

Want to think on this.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Justin Playfair wrote:
Mod, if we are going to need replacements for Jalathas and Deathguise, please add my voice to those asking for a deadline extension.
3rd'd
also
unvote
for right now as well
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by dahill1 »

EBWOP:
unvote
for now
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by dahill1 »

if you are town, there's still a way you can survive through the night. i think you should use your absorbing power to steal Daniel Ocean's "Con"
this way you kind act as a one shot redirector
we can vote on who your targets can be for tonight
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by The Jester »

Unvote

OGML proved to be the Monster.

Hmmm, have to think on this.

Wouldn't revealing dead player's roles help mafia more? I'd imagine so.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by avinashv »

How could you out Mr. Green?! The scum can now take away the one confirmed townie we have.

Justin: I apologize that I missed something; I was away for a few days and must have missed it since then. I've been lynched already, shown to be Town Cop in other games; yes, this is my playstyle--I do not, however, lie. There's no way for me to prove this, just as you are going purely on gut instinct. I don't have time right now, but I'll look back over your posts to address what questions you had with me.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

ATTENTION AVI: PLEASE LOOK AT WHO I SAID WAS MR GREEN BECAUSE HE IS ALREADY DEAD. THAT IS HOW I KNOW HIS ROLE. THANK YOU.

Revealing the role of thinktank helps the town since the mafia already knew this information. Revealing that Mr Green is dead helps the town because we now know that we can not count on his one shot ability to kill a member of team evil if the numbers equalize.

I have a crazy theory that jack sparrow is a bad guy and figured out who Mr Green was by using the pick a role with your compass and find out who he voted for schtick. I know I'm already in hot water over blatant WIFOM etc, but here's some more along with some night kill speculation. Why on earth did they greasy spot get killed? He looked scummy, he was backing up thinktank all day long and talking about how bandwagoning was a good thing blah blah blah. Greasy Spot happned to be the only person voting for farside (it so happens his vote didn't actually count, but it probably still triggered jack sparrows information gathering trick), so it would have been clear who it was. Just a thought.

Instead of taking a break from drinking I went to a sorority formal and continued drinking heavily so I'm still in no shape to figure out anything about who could be guilty at this point. Cross your fingers for a deadline extension because we sorely need one.
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Jennar »

I am extending the deadline until April 27th for now. I may extend it one more week depending on replacements if they are available.

-Geoff
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:47 am

OhGodMyLife,

I may just be being dim here, but could you explain your thinking about Greasy Spot's death and the possible Jack Sparrow implications in a bit more detail? I'd been considering the implications of Greasy Spot's death and was on the edge of an opinion that he had been killed by a pro-town Van Helsing, due to the likely implications of his day one actions.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:57 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Sure Justin,
Greasy Spot was the only person voting for farside22 at the end of day (disregard the fact that his actual Mr. Green vote had not been cast).
Jack Sparrow's second ability, beyond casting a secret vote, is to name one role each night with his compass and find out who they voted for. As Greasy was the only person voting for farside, the compass would have narrowed down the possibilities for Mr. Green to only him, had this been the role jack sparrow searched for.
I admit it is a wild-eyed theory, and pro-town van helsing killing him probably makes more sense. There were three kill attempts last night according to the dawn scene - one dead greasy spot and two locations with evidence of a struggle. However, there are not just multiple roles that don't die the first time they're killed, there is also somebody out there totally immune to werewolf (SK) death, and van helsing could have targeted a monster type with the wrong killing weapon. I'm just musing on all of the possibilities.

@dahill: absorbing danny ocean's power to try to redirect kills away from me seems like too much of a shot in the dark, and a waste of my absorbing powers if I do survive the night. I was thinking of absorbing Mr. Green's power, though y'all knowing its me casting the secret Mr. Green vote would make it slightly less good so I might wait until closer to LyLo if we're approaching it and just absorb it for the killing power of Mr. Green, and there are a couple of other human roles that I have in mind to be my second absorption if they die before I do.

Deadline extensions are good, thank you mod.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:02 am

Post by dahill1 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:@dahill: absorbing danny ocean's power to try to redirect kills away from me seems like too much of a shot in the dark, and a waste of my absorbing powers if I do survive the night. I was thinking of absorbing Mr. Green's power, though y'all knowing its me casting the secret Mr. Green vote would make it slightly less good so I might wait until closer to LyLo if we're approaching it and just absorb it for the killing power of Mr. Green, and there are a couple of other human roles that I have in mind to be my second absorption if they die before I do.
i agree that danny ocean is a shot in the dark, and that mr green would be a better absorption for the long run. but you are a pretty powerful role in terms of information, and i believe the scum would want you dead. you're free to make whatever choice you feel is best, but i just think that if you do nothing, you will most likely die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:34 am

Post by farside22 »

I agree with dahill1 on this one OMGL. You have no clue how long you will last and if you are not scum you shouldn't assume you will be alive long enough to be at a LyLo situation.
Thank you Jennar for the extension.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:50 am

Post by springlullaby »

OMGL, explain your vote on me as previously asked please.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”