Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:52 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 671, Shadow_step wrote:Oh ffs, are you seriously going to call every scummy thing newb town then we can make no fucking case on anyone.

Why isn't loop newb town then? Why is he scum ?
It's not his first game, is it?

I've given my initial reasons. He has not given me a reason to change my thoughts on him, and no one else has made a truly convincing argument for any other candidate. LoopDan has been calling out little details of seemingly little import, harped on an inactive slot, brings in meta and tunnels on it despite it's only from one other game (which I truly do not believe is possible to make an accurate conclusion from)...he's my scummiest read at this point.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 652, Thor665 wrote:
In post 640, Creature wrote:
Thor665

Are you town reading lucca261/serrapaladin (not considering relations)?
Not enough info to really make a call there in my opinion. If you obligated me to, I'd say town, but wouldn't want to have to justify the read.

You didn't answer my question about Lucca's meta - intentional dodge or did you just forget/miss it?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Creature »

In post 618, Thor665 wrote:What was your take of my dismissal of that meta?
tbh I think what Loop pointed is valid. There's a large difference in his posts there and in that game. I don't see someone acting like "i already posted/analysed a bunch in my other game, i won't do much in that game then"
Sigh
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

Did you actually pay attention to the relative days though?
On a surface level Loop's claim has merit (presuming you buy one game meta source)
But if you pay attention to the actual game days it falls super flat on its face.

You don't see that?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

By game days I mean real life days.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Creature »

I don't know what you mean.

He posts something lengthy, gets prodded, makes another lengthy post...
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Creature »

3 days and 10 hours left.

Time to start planning the lynch.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Creature »

Lynch priorities now

serrapaladin > Thor665 > PenguinPower > Shadow_step > MissTerry > BlankFace > Loopdan > Harkonnen97 > Myself
Sigh
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 648, serrapaladin wrote:Maybe later, Loop.

I want to figure out who to lynch first. I'm leaning towards MissTerry. Thoughts?
OK, here's my MissTerry breakdown. This is every single post MT has made (although I cheated on the first five):

Spoiler: MT's posts linked with short summaries
MT's first five votes aren't really anything helpful, but it's MT's first game, so I wouldn't expect much, anyway.

Post 95 is kind of odd with the formal greeting of a new player. A bit of analysis on the Thor situation, which I didn't necessarily agree with, but it shows an effort at trying to solver the game.

Post 96 is about needing a profile pic.

Post 110 is an excuse about needing sleep.

Post 155 is a defense of why Thor isn't scum, and a Loopdan is scum read.

Post 157 is the infamous Loopdan is scum because he said he was town post.

There is a lot going on in post 184. MT continues arguing that saying you are town is a scumclaim, says we can stop discusses Thor's absence because he is now in the game, gives Thor a cookie, and drops this brilliant analysis about scum!Loopdan: "After the beginning he stopped posting and is now mainly answering and asking questions. I mainly suspect him as scum because of his claim that he wasn't."

Post 186 points out another scum claim by Loopdan, when he said he was town again!

In post 248, MissTerry"], MT claims to be "very very confused" and talks about needing sleep, while promising to write the next day ASAP.

Post 265 goes back to the reasoning behind the vote on Loopdan, and surprise its still because Loopdan said he was town.

For Post 267, MissTerry"], MT says that Creature's attack on Thor is scummy because Thor answered with "valid logic." Creature is now more scummy and is a likely scum-partner for Loopdan.

Post 269 contains a scum-claim by MT. I can't believe we all missed it!
In post 269, MissTerry wrote: This is my first game of forum mafia, I have not played scum. There you go, I say I am town.
:lol:

Also in 269, MT says that my responses to Thor has lessened my scum-read.

Post 272 is an explanation of why MT is feeling confused.

Post 363, MissTerry"] has a lot of responses to several players. One interesting part is that MT's Loopdan read continues to change: "By this I meant you looked less scummy to me based on your responses to the pressure. Your frustration with Thor's repetitive questions leans more town than scum to me."

Then we have a bunch of posts where MT defends against the accusation from Shadow that MT is scummy for not reacting to Shadow putting Loopdan at L-1. I don't particularly like this part of post 404:
In post 404, MissTerry wrote:
In post 379, Shadow_step wrote:VOTE: MissT
Aha, getting interesting now are we?
Post 405 is a readslist that puts me back in the scummiest tier. That one is confusing. MT spent a couple posts talking about how my interactions with Thor made me look more town, then stood by with the vote on me anyway while Shadow voted me to L-1. Then the next reads list shows me as leanscum (with nobody in the scum tier).

Post 430 is MT's reaction to the fake scumslip claim from Hark. This is the post where MT finally unvotes Loopdan and moves the vote to Creature.

In post 432, MissTerry"], MT mentions the need to sleep yet again.

Post 459, MissTerry"] is trying to figure out the confusion around the scumslip Hark claimed and the one I asked about.

I like this post a lot:
In post 460, MissTerry wrote:
In post 456, Creature wrote:Apparently MissTerry didn't care if Hark found a possibly major scumslip in her ISO.
Hm, nope :lol:
462 is a reminder to Thor to talk about Creature's reads.

481 is MT asking why Shadow didn't attack Lucca and Blank for not reacting to his L-1 vote.

In 488 MT votes Shadow and calls the current vote list ridiculous.

Post 489 is correcting the mod for an inaccurate vote-count.

491 is questioning why Loopdan is voting lucca when he is not here.

494, MissTerry"] is an argument with Shadow about Shadow's lack of reads and "tunneling" being scummy.

And then three posts (501, 505, 508) for Shadow about stuff (This is taking longer than I thought it would :neutral: ).

521 is simply:
In post 521, MissTerry wrote:If we all keep playing like this, Day 1 is going to end with no lynch.
Which is what scum wants.
524 is more of the Shadow stuff.

616 is where MT sheeps me on the serrapaladin vote to try and force some reads.

Overall, MT looks more like newbtown than newbscum. I will not support an MissTerry lynch today.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 659, Harkonnen97 wrote:What you are saying makes sense. But I am paranoid about something else - how would the two scumpartners read each other early on? Townreading and scumreading themselves both carry risks, while nullreading each other - or even better - not reading each other at all is really safe. It doesn't let us make any associations when one of them flips. I hope that you are understanding my reasoning for suspecting Shadow because of that. And for the exact same reason, I am also suspecting you.
The associations thing is only relevant when you get flips though. If I'm about to get hammered, I'll certainly give full reads on everyone, and I'll also definitely comment on the viable wagons, as I have. And if I make a habit out of ignoring my scummates, that's going to be as obvious as if I regularly buddy or bus them. You guys do, after all, have the advantage of being able to look at dozens of my completed games as all factions.

Anywho.
In post 667, Shadow_step wrote:@ Serrapaladin, if you find MT scummy, why aren't you voting them?
It's not long before deadline and you NEED TO VOTE MT NOW.
I'm aware of the deadline, but haven't made up my mind about whether MT or Creature need to pushed. Why do you think Creature is town?

I'd also like to hear Creature's response to .

@Loop: when many points against MT rely on reactions to stuff, an ISO isn't necessarily that useful. You seem to like the lack of reactions to Hark's reaction test, and shadow's L-1 vote (for she was notably there, whereas others weren't). I would suggest that as newb-scum, a genuine reaction is harder to come by, which leads to blanks. I don't like 460 at all - it reads to me as "haha yeah I ignored that and it went away". Note that this was after Hark had admitted he didn't actually have anything. 430 was her only genuine reaction to it, and I'm not convinced.
Wandering but not lost
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by MissTerry »

Tick tick goes the clock,
Are we going to lynch someone or not?
Or are we all going to stay on our one/two vote wagons and glare at each other?
Whoever scum is has done a very good job at sowing confusion seeds right from the start, I will say that.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 684, serrapaladin wrote:I'd also like to hear Creature's response to 484.
Thought I already answered. About the 48 hours thing, it's not just 48 hours now.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 682, Creature wrote:Lynch priorities now

serrapaladin > Thor665 > PenguinPower > Shadow_step > MissTerry > BlankFace > Loopdan > Harkonnen97 > Myself
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Creature »

Unless you're that kind of guy that believes that keeping town reads hidden is actually pro-town. In which case you should specify in order who you'd not mind lynching.
Sigh
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 684, serrapaladin wrote: @Loop: when many points against MT rely on reactions to stuff, an ISO isn't necessarily that useful. You seem to like the lack of reactions to Hark's reaction test, and shadow's L-1 vote (for she was notably there, whereas others weren't). I would suggest that as newb-scum, a genuine reaction is harder to come by, which leads to blanks. I don't like 460 at all - it reads to me as "haha yeah I ignored that and it went away". Note that this was after Hark had admitted he didn't actually have anything. 430 was her only genuine reaction to it, and I'm not convinced.
Make a case for MT. I'll listen.

And you still haven't voted. I get not giving up all your reads, but why no vote?
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by MissTerry »

In post 528, PenguinPower wrote:In post 488, MissTerry wrote:
Well that vote list is ridiculous...
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shadow
Looked fine before but now he's slipping.

Why? How is he slipping?
He enters the game and immediately puts a wagon at L-1, okay fine, I don't find that scummy, it pushes the game along and all that good stuff. Then he moves from that to just tunneling and ignoring my responses because they are "garbage"
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by MissTerry »

In post 621, serrapaladin wrote:Are you a Mr. Ree alt?
No, fist game on MS and everywhere besides RL.
I'm guessing he's another player, never heard of him.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

So Creature is annoying, but I think this needs to happen

VOTE: MissTerry

Repeated references to needing sleep and being confused bother me. This is definitely personal, but in early games, I was much more happy to give off-the-cuff remarks as town when tired or drunk, whereas I felt like I needed to be somewhat on it to play scum well.
In post 184, MissTerry wrote:Blank is the second most scummy right now. Since most of his posts are about Thor being inactive I am waiting to see how he reacts now.
This is one of a few cases of MT's trajectory being wonky, as this was the last reference of Blank before this:
In post 405, MissTerry wrote:Readlist:
Town: Hark, Penguin
Leantown: Thor, Shadow, Blank
Null: Lucca
Leanscum: Creature, Loopdan
If she flips scum, this is actually looking like decent scum-buddy potential, as Blank made some fairly large posts, including his case against thor in the meantime, which she basically ignored.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 686, Creature wrote:
In post 684, serrapaladin wrote:I'd also like to hear Creature's response to 484.
Thought I already answered. About the 48 hours thing, it's not just 48 hours now.
What?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 685, MissTerry wrote:Tick tick goes the clock,
Are we going to lynch someone or not?
Or are we all going to stay on our one/two vote wagons and glare at each other?
Whoever scum is has done a very good job at sowing confusion seeds right from the start, I will say that.
Ugh.
Wandering but not lost
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by MissTerry »

In post 692, serrapaladin wrote:Repeated references to needing sleep and being confused bother me. This is definitely personal, but in early games, I was much more happy to give off-the-cuff remarks as town when tired or drunk, whereas I felt like I needed to be somewhat on it to play scum well.
As a genuine question can you explain this more? I don't understand what you mean.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I'll do it tomorrow as I'm feeling a bit tired.
Wandering but not lost
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by MissTerry »

In post 692, serrapaladin wrote:Repeated references to needing sleep and being confused bother me.
Frequent needing to sleep remarks before I leave are because I catch up and reply at night, late when I'm lying in bed so when I leave, it's because I'm turning over and actually sleeping
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by MissTerry »

In post 696, serrapaladin wrote:I'll do it tomorrow as I'm feeling a bit tired.
At your leisure :wink:
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 693, serrapaladin wrote:
What?
Thor665 says lucca261 being different could be because it's just 48 hours from the day, but lucca should've done something by now.
Sigh

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”