Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc.

"Our mission here at Innocents, Inc. is to empower our community in the face of today's broken justice system. It seems that, too often, people who don't have the sufficient monetary resources to hire a competent law firm are far more likely to be found guilty than those who do. We specialize in meeting with such clients and help them with their legal struggles, at an extremely affordable fee. We ensure that everyone has the right to due process here. If, in the end, we can help even one innocent person from facing years in prison, then I think that our endeavor was well worth it."

-innocentvillager, C.E.O.

Game Setup:
Matrix 6

Game Status:
Game Over!

Player List:

1. PenguinPower
astroplants

2. MissTerry
3. serrapaladin
*lucca261

4. Harkonnen97
5. Loopdan
6. Creature (SE)
7. BlankFace (SE)
8. Shadow_step
Draynth
(SE)
9. *Thor665 (IC)

Spoiler: The Living
4. Harkonnen97

Spoiler: The Deceased
7. BlankFace (SE),
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 1.
6. Creature (SE),
Town Cop
, shot Night 1
1. PenguinPower
astroplants
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 2
5. Loopdan,
Vanilla Townie
, shot Day 2
9. *Thor665 (IC),
Mafia Roleblocker
, lynched Day 3
2. MissTerry,
Town Doctor
, killed Night 3
8. Shadow_step
Draynth
(SE),
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 4.
3. serrapaladin
*lucca261
, Vanilla Townie, was endgamed!

Spoiler: The Smitten
Hopefully no one, ever.

* indicates a prod
Last edited by innocentvillager on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:51 am, edited 24 times in total.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Rules

(References: Nobody Special, Equinox, Hoopla, Tierce, Vel-Rahn Koon, zoraster)

General
  1. Be familiar with the site-wide rules and guidelines.
  2. Please keep the game civil and avoid personal attacks.
    Use of homophobic, racist, sexist, or any other derogatory slurs will not be tolerated. Remember to attack the argument, not the person. Mafia is a game of argument, but the argument should always be about the game content. I will warn you if you do something like this the first time, and subject to my discretion after that I may have you force-replaced or modkilled if necessary.
  3. While this game is running, you may not discuss this game anywhere outside of the game thread unless you have been explicitly allowed to do so.
  4. Do not quote any private communication, including game-related PMs, instant messages, and QuickTopics. Quoting time stamps from any private communication is also forbidden. Paraphrasing is allowed; quoting from public sources is also allowed.
  5. If it is not visible to the naked eye, do not post it. This includes but is not limited to: invisible text, tiny text, encrypted text, and text hidden within tags. For cases of breadcrumbing where you aren't sure if this rule would be violated, please PM me beforehand.
  6. Do not edit or delete your posts.
  7. Do not use
    Bolded Blue
    . This is MY color. Impersonating the mod is mod killable, depending on my mood.
  8. For minor questions or vote count errors, please bold your concern in the thread and write . For all other issues, PM me.
  9. Exploiting loopholes in the rules or pretending to break the rules will be considered breaking the rules.
  10. Anything that can be interpreted as “flavor” is for entertainment purposes only and has no significance in the game.

Activity

11. Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 48-hour period. Players who have been prodded have 48 hours to respond in the game thread before a replacement is sought.
  12. Players who have been prodded 3 times are subject to replacement without further notice.
  13. If you anticipate being away for at least 48 hours, please PM me or post a V/LA notice in the thread with the expected date of your return. If it’s in the thread bold it and write @mod.

Days and Nights

14. Days will have a deadline of two weeks, and Nights will last 72 hours. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances.
  15. Lynches occur through simple majority (50% of living players + 1, rounded down). If no majority is reached at deadline or there is a majority of votes for No Lynch, Day will end without a lynch. Once majority is reached, no further votes or unvotes will count.
  16. Votes and vote revocations must be bolded (e.g., Vote: PlayerName and Unvote). Unvotes WITH NAME when switching votes are also very helpful for me and are HIGHLY encouraged. (e.g., Unvote: PlayerName, Vote: No Lynch). Use of the vote tags (e.g., VOTE: PlayerName) is HIGHLY encouraged as well.
  17. All players, including the lynched player, are allowed to talk in twilight phase until the thread is locked, at which point Day ends.
    Dead players are allowed one "bah!" or completely non-game related post, but after that may not post until the game has been officially declared over.

18. Actions not received by deadline will be considered forfeiting an action for that night. Actions may be submitted ahead of time and can be changed as many times as desired; at deadline, the last valid action that was submitted will be used. Actions may be submitted via PM or QuickTopic.
  19. Any situation not covered above will be handled on a case-by-case basis. I reserve the right to add, modify, or remove rules as necessary. I will notify you of any changes in the thread.
Please PM me if you need clarification on anything in the rules.

Remember: Have fun, and play to win the game
!
Last edited by innocentvillager on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Role PM's have been sent. I will unlock the thread when 8/9 have confirmed, or if this timer runs out (expired on 2016-07-09 01:03:44) (whichever happens first). I will also lock the scum communication private topic at the conclusion of this timer.
Last edited by innocentvillager on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:09 pm

Game Setup

This game is using the standard Newbie Game setup, Matrix6. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:08 pm

You stare out the window, reminiscing on your once young, idealistic self. You remember the pure desire you once had to change the broken justice system; the desire to at least give everyone a fair chance. So you studied up, got good grades in college, went to law school, and graduated in the upper echelon of your class.

Through excruciatingly hard work, many parties missed, countless exams crammed, you were living every law student's dream: you got offers from law firms everywhere, some even quite prestigious. But you set your sights on one of the least flattering of them: Innocents, Inc. You knew you wanted to help disadvantaged people who couldn't afford competent lawyers, which aligned exactly with Innocents, Inc.'s mission statement.

But was it really the right choice? You begin to wonder. Sure, you're living out your idealistic dream of helping people, but that's as far as the benefits go. Your hours are extremely tedious due to the long list of clients, you don't spend much time with your family, the pay is still far below what an average lawyer makes even though you've gotten on the 10-person board due to your dedication, and maybe worst of all, your not-so-bright law school friends are living it up at prestigious firms. You came with a lot of enthusiasm, but over time that enthusiasm has been waning.

"Hello, you awake? The fuck... anyway what do you think about this case?"

Innocentvillager and the rest of the board are looking squarely at you, as it's clear you've spaced out. He was always kind of a stingy guy, but you knew that if any C.E.O was true to their mission statement, it was definitely innocentvillager. Hell, it's even in his name!

You mutter a quick apology, and get back to the meeting. You're looking at one Mr. Smith's case, who's been convicted of assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest.

Before you're about 10 minutes into the discussion, you hear a couple of coughs and groans. Who was it coming from? You see in horror that it was none other than innocentvillager, coughing blood and convulsing on the floor. Someone else tries to help him, but it's too late. The scent of almond surrounds his now lifeless face.

"Seal off the building, now!" someone yells.
"Yo, don't a let a single bitch out of this place!"
"Hey someone call fucking 911. What the fuck man..."

So the police get here and it's pretty obvious what happened: someone put cyanide in the cup that innocentvillager was drinking out. No security cameras are allowed in the meeting room, so no one knew who it could've been. Who the hell could've done this, you think?

There's an answer creeping up inside you that you don't want to believe. It's just convenience, right? But a couple of days later, the police confirm your suspicions. No one could've possibly messed with the cups outside of the people with access to the board room, since security cameras are watching the rest of the place 24/7.

With this in mind, you know exactly who did it: one of the eight other board members.

Two, to be exact. Because later that day, you all notice a slip of paper with the following note scrawled on it:

"The two of us will fuck you all up too if you don't wake the fuck up."

Panic surrounds the room. You're all scared as shit, and you know the police won't be fast enough to arrest the suspects now. With no tangible evidence, this could take weeks to process. This had to be handled, here, and now.

You all hold a meeting to try and have a civil discussion about this. But what you learned in law school could never, possibly have prepared any of you for this.
Last edited by innocentvillager on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Day 1 has begun!

1. astroplants
2. MissTerry
3. lucca261
4. Harkonnen97
5. Loopdan
6. Creature (SE)
7. BlankFace (SE)
8. Draynth (SE)
9. Thor665 (IC)

With 9 eligible to vote, it's 5 votes to lynch.
Last edited by innocentvillager on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

VOTE: BlankFace
His scumpartner is IV, who is secretly telling him everyone's roles via PM.

I'm a bit frustrated with how I played my last game, so I plan to win this one no matter what.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:00 am

Post by Creature »

I would vote the IC, but I am afraid that'll make him be inactive, so I'll refrain from voting the IC and vote this ScumFace.

VOTE: BlankFace
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:10 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Hark, what was your alignment in your last game, and what about your play from that game are you dissatisfied with?

VOTE: astroplants for not capitalizing their name.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:18 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

I was a Vanilla Townie and I lost the game for town because of my stupidity. Hammered someone before two people even gave their opinions, and on the next day when it was MyLo I instantly threw down a vote on someone (who ended up being town), without waiting for anyone.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:07 am

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: Loopdan
Because I find the name funny for some reason
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Loopdan »

Says the guy with four consecutive consonants. :wink:
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Creature »

In post 7, Creature wrote:I would vote the IC, but I am afraid that'll make him be inactive, so I'll refrain from voting the IC
And yet he's inactive.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:50 am

Post by lucca261 »

VOTE: Creature

Hello, guys.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:51 am

Post by lucca261 »

Screwed up the vote:

Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:57 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Why Creature? Because he followed my vote on Blank, or for a different reason?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Creature »

Thor hasn't posted anything AFAIK.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

The game has only been up for 10 hours. Timezones are a thing.

What's your obsession with Thor? All of your posts mention him.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Creature »

Thor isn't my obsession, inactive ICs are my obsession.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:59 am

Post by BlankFace »

In post 6, Harkonnen97 wrote:VOTE: BlankFace
His scumpartner is IV, who is secretly telling him everyone's roles via PM.

I'm a bit frustrated with how I played my last game, so I plan to win this one no matter what.
In post 18, Creature wrote:Thor isn't my obsession, inactive ICs are my obsession.

Literally hasn't even been a day yet, how are you classifying this as inactive? What makes Thor worse than the SEs who haven't posted yet?

@Hark, :lol: Real question though, how much experience do you have outside of MS? How much here? And what're your thoughts on MS so far?
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:22 am

Post by MissTerry »

VOTE: Hark
For making accusations so early in the game.

@Hark
What makes you say that BlankFace is scum?

@Mod
What is a sweet post?
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

@Blank I've played 3 games outside MS, and I was much much worse than in Newbie 1717. This is my second MS game and I'm really enjoying it so far. People here are unbelievably kinder and more polite than on the other forum lol. Seeing someone apologize if he felt that he was rude in a FM game really caught me off-guard.

@MissTerry Do you think what I did was scummy? Because if you do, you should be suspecting not only me, but also Creature, lucca, Loopdan and Draynth. (leaving Blank out because I don't consider his vote a RVS one, but a meaningful one)

Out of all these people, what made you pick me?

Or is it that you don't think I'm particularly scummy, but instead you just don't like people accusing others for no reason?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 18, Creature wrote:Thor isn't my obsession, inactive ICs are my obsession.
Are you me?

And...
VOTE: Hark
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Creature »

In post 19, BlankFace wrote:Literally hasn't even been a day yet, how are you classifying this as inactive? What makes Thor worse than the SEs who haven't posted yet?
Did you ever play with an inactive IC? And was that IC town-aligned?
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Also, I have this gut feeling that Creature is trying to distance from his scumbuddy Thor.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”