Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:59 am

Post by Creature »

imo it usually helps as being wagoned, even if for pressure, could mean you're under the risk of being lynched. If I am not town reading someone, I don't have a reason to refrain from voting them if their wagon is small but promising.

What harm causes a vote when a wagon is barely formed?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Creature »

I am disappointed there was no scumslip in MissTerry's ISO.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:32 am

Post by Creature »

Maybe scum is just Shadow and Penguin, with lucca261's slot as a third candidate.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:33 am

Post by Creature »

And apparently nobody wants to replace in lucca261's slot.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Creature »

If you want to know why I was town Reading MissTerry and lucca261 early, it's because of a gut feeling.

It seemed like they were trying to contribute even if they didn't have much to say.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:32 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Shadow_step

so Thor doesn't complain my vote isn't in the place he wants it to be.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:32 am

Post by Creature »

Apparently MissTerry didn't care if Hark found a possibly major scumslip in her ISO.
Sigh
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:42 am

Post by BlankFace »

In post 444, Loopdan wrote:@BlankFace-- Your vote is on Thor. Updated read there? Your take on his newbie replacements stats answer?

@Shadow-- In 376 you said MissTerry's ISO looks "horrible." In 377, you pointed out two of her posts that you have problems with. What do you make of MT's more recent posts?

@Thor-- IC question: I've read games where players vote no lynch. In what situations is this a good strategy for town in a newbie game? Non-IC question: If you can't have a Loopdan lynch, who is your next option at this point?
My phone is borked, as a wae ing to everyone so my activity my drop a little bit.

It wasnt much of an answer, if i recall correctly it was Agar's stats but he didnt give me much in the eay of his thoughts on it.

MT's "scumslip" did not read like much of a scum slip to me. I feel like the lack of reaction to it could be town too. Normally I'd see scum flail at that, especially newbie scum.

Im torn on Shadow though. At first I really hated that entrance but I kind of get it now. I'll have to tear apart his posts in a bit.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Creature »

Town: Harkonnen97, Loopdan, BlankFace (moved up)
Townleans: Thor665, MissTerry (moved up)
Null/scum: lucca261
Scumleans: PenguinPower, Shadow_step
Sigh
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:28 am

Post by MissTerry »

In post 457, BlankFace wrote:MT's "scumslip" did not read like much of a scum slip to me. I feel like the lack of reaction to it could be town too. Normally I'd see scum flail at that, especially newbie scum.
Wait, didn't Hark say saying there was a slip was to get me to respond. Are you saying you found one or just referring to the whole ordeal as "scumslip". And by reaction do you mean frustration or emotion or simply responding?
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:29 am

Post by MissTerry »

In post 456, Creature wrote:Apparently MissTerry didn't care if Hark found a possibly major scumslip in her ISO.
Hm, nope :lol:
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 447, Thor665 wrote:
In post 446, Loopdan wrote:I just read Lucca's other game here on MS, and am liking my vote on that slot even more, now.
Why is that?
In 1706, townLucca showed a much deeper level of analysis and was much more accusatory early on than Lucca has been in our game.
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 am

Post by MissTerry »

In post 407, Thor665 wrote:
In post 406, Harkonnen97 wrote:MissTerry, what do you find wrong with Creature's reads?
Remind me to answer this one after she does.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Creature »

Thanks for making me more confident in a lucca lynch.
Sigh
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 459, MissTerry wrote:
In post 457, BlankFace wrote:MT's "scumslip" did not read like much of a scum slip to me. I feel like the lack of reaction to it could be town too. Normally I'd see scum flail at that, especially newbie scum.
Wait, didn't Hark say saying there was a slip was to get me to respond. Are you saying you found one or just referring to the whole ordeal as "scumslip". And by reaction do you mean frustration or emotion or simply responding?
Yeah, I'm not sure if BF is referring to Hark's claim of finding a scumslip, or this...

Spoiler:
In post 419, Loopdan wrote:And I know I just made a point to call this post town, but I missed something the first time I read it:
In post 405, MissTerry wrote:
Readlist:

Town: Hark, Penguin
Leantown: Thor, Shadow, Blank
Null: Lucca
Leanscum: Creature, Loopdan

Reasonings for the ones I feel will be asked about, feel free to ask about someone I haven't included here

Thor:
Seems to me like he is genuinely scumhunting, and has let up on nitpicky questioning and explaining his logic.
Shadow:
Here we go, he comes in and immediately puts the loop wagon at L-1, and says he did it without reading the thread. I don't think this is a scummy
thing to do because judging from how he has played so far (calling people stupid, saying outright that he was reading through and was bored, voting for
the person with no votes) he likes an interesting game. I think that voting for me is indicative of active scumhunting, getting a reaction from me when I
previously hadn't been pressured much and don't think doing that is being scummy. His reasons for voting for me are my lack of reaction to his L-1 (which is a valid
complaint since I didn't react with a post) and that my reason for voting for Loop was ridiculous (this has already been voiced by many players). Do I agree with
his reasonings for calling me scum? No. Do I think they make him scummy, also no.
Creature:
Creature is a player i'm having a very hard time reading. I had him scum, town and now again scum. His reads are very conflicting for me and I think this has been clear since the beginning of the game
and should not be something I can be scummed for.
That last sentence. "...should not be something I can be scummed for." Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but The subtext of that reads like scum saying "yeah I'm scum, but that's a bad reason for scum reading me."
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Thor-- If you haven't yet realized that I'm town, you should at least have recognized that I'm not the lynch today. And Creature looks safe, too.

Let's get some votes on Lucca before some hotshot veteran replaces into that scum-slot and sows confusion in the game.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:56 am

Post by Creature »

Thor already did when he finally realised this game existed, yet I think he's town.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Creature »

The only reason you'd vote an empty slot is if you're planning to lynch, so:
Is everyone fine with lucca lynch?
Do you think we should end the day now?
Sigh
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:01 am

Post by BlankFace »

In post 464, Loopdan wrote:
In post 459, MissTerry wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure if BF is referring to Hark's claim of finding a scumslip, or this...

Spoiler:
In post 419, Loopdan wrote:And I know I just made a point to call this post town, but I missed something the first time I read it:
In post 405, MissTerry wrote:
Readlist:

Town: Hark, Penguin
Leantown: Thor, Shadow, Blank
Null: Lucca
Leanscum: Creature, Loopdan

Reasonings for the ones I feel will be asked about, feel free to ask about someone I haven't included here

Thor:
Seems to me like he is genuinely scumhunting, and has let up on nitpicky questioning and explaining his logic.
Shadow:
Here we go, he comes in and immediately puts the loop wagon at L-1, and says he did it without reading the thread. I don't think this is a scummy
thing to do because judging from how he has played so far (calling people stupid, saying outright that he was reading through and was bored, voting for
the person with no votes) he likes an interesting game. I think that voting for me is indicative of active scumhunting, getting a reaction from me when I
previously hadn't been pressured much and don't think doing that is being scummy. His reasons for voting for me are my lack of reaction to his L-1 (which is a valid
complaint since I didn't react with a post) and that my reason for voting for Loop was ridiculous (this has already been voiced by many players). Do I agree with
his reasonings for calling me scum? No. Do I think they make him scummy, also no.
Creature:
Creature is a player i'm having a very hard time reading. I had him scum, town and now again scum. His reads are very conflicting for me and I think this has been clear since the beginning of the game
and should not be something I can be scummed for.
That last sentence. "...should not be something I can be scummed for." Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but The subtext of that reads like scum saying "yeah I'm scum, but that's a bad reason for scum reading me."
Was refering to this.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Creature »

That sounds like "I don't like being scum read for X".

She's not saying she's scum, she's saying she disagrees with that reasoning.
Sigh
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 450, Creature wrote:What harm causes a vote when a wagon is barely formed?
It complicates VCA and also serves to distance you from justifying a vote you're making. You have repeatedly had a vote on a soft scum read, or even a town read, and you keep explaining it off with this comment of 'I'mma different' yet you also appear to state belief in the idea that a vote is a weapon and adds pressure, which makes it not appear to jive with your willingness to not really use it on scumreads.

Even now your shift, you're now tossing it onto a supposed scumread, but now you're not pressuring him - which is the reverse of what you just got done telling me is how you use your vote.
I don't feel like you're actually trying to find scum.
In post 461, Loopdan wrote:In 1706, townLucca showed a much deeper level of analysis and was much more accusatory early on than Lucca has been in our game.
Lucca hasn't really been in our game, though.
His last time on site was concurrent with his last post in this game.
Why would you think this is strategic?
In post 462, MissTerry wrote:
In post 407, Thor665 wrote:
In post 406, Harkonnen97 wrote:MissTerry, what do you find wrong with Creature's reads?
Remind me to answer this one after she does.
It's actually what I've been digging at him over for some time now - he doesn't vote in accordance with his reads.
Also, he dings people for not trying to "solve" or "push" the game.
Please go look over Creature's iso and describe to me the posts that look like pushing the game forward or trying to solve anything.
He basically generically attacks lurkers, sits on a town read voting them for a few days, pokes at people over activity while he's not saying anything for multiple days, and then starts 'pressuring' MissTerry because she 'just looks like he's doing something' (aka - doing something...right? Because I can't describe how Creature backed up that claim, can you?)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 465, Loopdan wrote:@Thor-- If you haven't yet realized that I'm town, you should at least have recognized that I'm not the lynch today. And Creature looks safe, too.

Let's get some votes on Lucca before some hotshot veteran replaces into that scum-slot and sows confusion in the game.
:neutral:
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Creature »

In post 470, Thor665 wrote:It complicates VCA
If you don't use VCA that's no problem.
and also serves to distance you from justifying a vote you're making.
If I voted, I felt I could be voting a potential scum. It's very justified.
You have repeatedly had a vote on a soft scum read, or even a town read,
I was conflited at Loopdan.
and you keep explaining it off with this comment of 'I'mma different'
I have different opinions, what looks useless for you could be useful for me. I could also say VCA is useless, but you'll disagree with it.
yet you also appear to state belief in the idea that a vote is a weapon and adds pressure,
If someone votes you, you're one vote closer to getting lynched, and if you react bad it might go past the point of being just a pressure wagon.
which makes it not appear to jive with your willingness to not really use it on scumreads.
I'll use it when I feel that person deserves pressure or when we're going to lynch.
Even now your shift, you're now tossing it onto a supposed scumread, but now you're not pressuring him - which is the reverse of what you just got done telling me is how you use your vote.
Thor: You're voting MissTerry, whom you're not scum reading as much as Shadow.
Creature: Because I think MissTerry is looking more defensive.
Thor: But you should be voting Shadow as he's your biggest scum read.
Creature: But I want to pressure MissTerry.
Thor: Now that you said it's pressure, that vote is pointless.
Creature: Fine *votes Shadow*
Thor: You changed your vote to your biggest scum read even though you wanted to pressure your other scum reads. Die scum!
I don't feel like you're actually trying to find scum.
I am trying to get a read on everyone, isn't that good already?
Sigh
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

You can't disagree with me, and then also claim that you're changing your playstyle to appease me and not have me feel like you're lying to my face.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 467, Creature wrote:The only reason you'd vote an empty slot is if you're planning to lynch, so:
Is everyone fine with lucca lynch?
Do you think we should end the day now?
I'm definitely not okay with lynching someone who can't even defend themself. An exception to that would be if the slot is blatant and obvious scum - which in this case, it isn't. Waiting for lucca's replacement and judging the slot by that is better.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”