geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:25 pm

Post by geraintm »

friday-13th wrote:god crack...geraintm is in my game....lol he was in my last newby game...o well

/confirm.
yeah, and you were a good scum in that too. I've only played with you and Turbo before, but this feels like a Sissyfight reunion.

Oh, and 3+8+8=19
1+9=10
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:26 pm

Post by geraintm »

friday-13th wrote:god crack...geraintm is in my game....lol he was in my last newby game...o well

/confirm.
yeah, and you were a good scum in that too. I've only played with you and Turbo before, but this feels like a Sissyfight reunion.

Oh, and 3+8+8=19
1+9=10
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:40 am

Post by geraintm »

vote sotto, as i said 10th person to confirm
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:37 am

Post by geraintm »

Sorry, i was rushing over my vote when i didn it, so sorry if it didn't count back then.

vote sotto

and lots of jumpy people in this game...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:35 am

Post by geraintm »

Sotty7 wrote:
geraintm wrote:Sorry, i was rushing over my vote when i didn it, so sorry if it didn't count back then.

vote sotto

and lots of jumpy people in this game...
Who's this sotto person you keep going on about?
You are silly!
Sotty7 wrote: I definitely agree that Friday's play seems like she is new to the game so I'm not about to jump all over her for that. Sadly this is
always
how Turbo plays so I have no read on him yet either.
Friday might look new to the game, but i just lost to her in newbie 278 where she was scum. Don't go giving her too much benefit of the doubt...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:51 pm

Post by geraintm »

Hello all, just signing in after the break to say i am around.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:46 pm

Post by geraintm »

This is my first game outside newbie land, so going from 7 to 12 people makes it harder to follow, too many voices.

Found it odd that Turbo and Shadow got such different reads on killmenator's post. One saying it was a good defence, the other using it to point a finger. One has to be wrong, don't they?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:27 am

Post by geraintm »

So far i have got that Rosso just jumps everywhere. Says he just always does it, but i really don't like it.

Shadow lurker, what was with the denying the vote on Kilmenator? What on earth is the point of getting caught in a lie like that? I still don't get the point of that post from Wednesday when you quoted lot of people and then randomly made a really strong vote on Kilmenator.
You need to do some explaining about that me thinks.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:31 pm

Post by geraintm »

Patrick wrote:I find it strange that you think scum would lie about something that is so easily disproven. That's addressed to kilmenator.
Why not me too? I wrote exactly the same...
And i can't work out at all why anyone would lie about where they had voted.
But Shadow's post 123 is just odd again. Trying to explain something about not having unvoted so it wasn't a real vote...
And then why do Sotty and PAtrick not care that Shadow has been found in a stupid, stpuid lie? And when Kilmentor, me and ozy all sit there and go huh?! to Shadow, Patrick thinks that it means Kil is just looking for a reason to vote for Shadow...that to me seems more like Patrick coming up with crappy reasoning for going for Kil. I was close to voting for Shadow for that stupid lie, would Patrick have voted for me in that case?

And why is Turbo so suspicous of Friday? Did Friday not answer you enough in her post on the 4th?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:50 pm

Post by geraintm »

But why get yourself caught up in a lie? And why when someone points out you have said an untruth, do you then say you haven't?
a townie should not make themselves look so bad so easily, it surely just confuses the issue andmakes it harder to find people are really scummy. I've been in enough games with Max to know that weird, odd townies can just make it impossible to know what is going on.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:59 pm

Post by geraintm »

I wasn't trying to get you to explain his actions, Shadow should do that. I wanted you to say why you felt Kil needed to be voted for. You have said your reason, that someone voting for a very simple obvious reason that might not be too detailed is suspicious.

Sometimes though, it is helpful to not have people around who make it hard to find the right people to lynch.

Not going to chat about this anymore now, needs more input from others on other topics
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:51 pm

Post by geraintm »

I want to write in this game, i really do. I have been following as best i can the Shadow/turbo/kil conversation, and right now i am finding they are just going round and round amoung themselves and not getting anywhere.
The issues they are discussing are (to me), minor ones and not going to be enough to convince enough other people to vote for a lynching, unless something comes up that hasn't been mentioned so far.

I know this might be weird me saying it as i don't feel i have said too much, but bird needs to be around more.
And does anyone know why you can't search for a person's posts anymore (says it is disabled) i can't work out if bird is lacking from the whole site or just this one game.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:48 pm

Post by geraintm »

I am here.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:32 am

Post by geraintm »

This game seems to have suffered awfully from the crash. Still missing 2 people?
Not sure what to write, Turbo-Friday just seems like nothing at all to me.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:40 pm

Post by geraintm »

Hello there Mr.
Patrick, i agree this whole thread just doesn't lead my thinking anywhere. For a 9 page game, i sadly haven't got anything on anyone and unless Mr's arrival sparks something. I keep checking in everytime i go to read the other game i am in, but i sit there and had nothing to say except pointless filler posts.

But SHadowlurker, why the thing on PAtrick?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:06 am

Post by geraintm »

I haven't been paying this game as much attention as i should have been. But i just got night killed in my other game (go go all townies in that one who are also playing here!) i have more time now.
i would vote kilmenator because of the couple of posts above where people have basically just gone?! but if that was all due to getting two games confused, then again i am sitting here with absolutly nothing to go on. And still a couple of people whoa ren't posting.
the only thing i didn't like the last few days was Ozzy's FOsing of Kilmenator. For so much self-admitted confusion, seemed a little strong to me.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:11 am

Post by geraintm »

Ozy, you filled your post with too much filler. Pointing out that more talk is good is just worthless, everyone knows that. Kil already said they were going to reread and repost and asked for time, but you FOSed within a few hours.

I am going to
vote bird111[\b]
picking up a prod and still not posting is just unforgivable. Especially as he still seems to be oretty active elsewhere on site.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:12 am

Post by geraintm »

vote bird111

i'll vote properly this time
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:55 am

Post by geraintm »

hello adele!
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:17 am

Post by geraintm »

I should have added before that MErt hasn't posted since the prod either, but MErt hasn't posted anywhere for ages.
I just didn't want to make it look like i was leaving one out and picking only on Bird
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:21 pm

Post by geraintm »

Firstly, that was some mod-kill. Getting a godfather so easy i hope makes the game much, much harder for scum to win. I think everyone would have trader a watcher for Mert...

Shadow - considering you haven't mentioned Friday in a post since the 11th, seems odd to try and get a quick band wagon going now.

I liked Kill's recap post, nice to know she is now paying attention.
With regards the few comments you made about me, it was just i was flicking back through the game and came across mod's post about having sent out prods and it got me thinking. I am not especially clued into who is lurking.

I have tried going back and seeing if anything can be gleaned from looking at voting records - both by Mert and at Mert. Got no clue but if someone else wants to try then go for it.

If i was going to move my vote now from Bird to anyone, then i think it would be onto Ozy. I didn't like his FOS on Kil, and he's gone a little quiet lately since then.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (isolation #22) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:35 pm

Post by geraintm »

More thoughts - Rosso seems a horribly lazy poster. I have no clue about him, he is refusing to give us anything to work with. If he was town, i would hope he would be writing more. But is this his normal play style?

MrBuddyLee - 6days to read and then come up with a one line vote. Again, if he were town i would want a lot more than that. Especially when the vote came on Kil who as far as i can tell doesn't deserve any votes at the moment except to punish admitted confusion.

Adele - one post, and has been on site since then on difference occasions but not added anything else to the game. Again lazy behaviour. (only partly fogiven for the cute picture :-)

as i just said, if i was going to vote someone i would have voted for Ozy, but right now there are 4 people i want to vote for.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:57 am

Post by geraintm »

ShadowLurker wrote:
geraintm wrote:Shadow - considering you haven't mentioned Friday in a post since the 11th, seems odd to try and get a quick band wagon going now.
What are you talking about? I've been pushing on Friday this whole game and she still hasn't answered questions. How am I trying to get a quick bandwagon going on her
now
?
its Xmas now, and i am away from work where i get teh most time to read through the thread and write long posts. Wife won't like me spending too much time on mafiascum so the lenght of my posts and stuff is going to slow down till after NEw YEars. Sorry for this.

Shadow - when i wrote that i think what i had done was look at all your posts and noticed that you hadn't mentioned Friday for a long time, ten days or so. so then you suddenly brought up Friday again i found it odd was all.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:12 am

Post by geraintm »

I posted a while ago that some people were being bad posters - Rosso, MrBuddyLee and Adele. One of these has posted one line, but the others haven't.
vote rosso

i don't want to vote Ozy just to penalise him for actually taking part, even though he doesn't look great at all.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (isolation #25) » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:04 am

Post by geraintm »

Patrick wrote:I think we probably should get the deadline changed or gotten rid of. Part or me says Turbo is making a mountain out of a molehill, but the other part says we really don't have too much to look at right now anyway with so few ppl saying anything. I think we might as well hear Ozy's suspect list.

Also, I don't like the vote on Rosso. I can't really see the basis for it.
the turbo ozy thing is the onyl thing going on, agree with this.

and the rosso vote. there is very littlegoing on in this game. i said before i dislike people not posting and that is true of all games i am in. rosso still hasn't posted, so i placed a vote there. that is the basis, ok?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:50 am

Post by geraintm »

Just checking in quickly, sorry not been around much over the holiday period.
Re Ozy - (this is my first game outside a newbie game, so excuse the silly question) why the push towards a claim now though, ozy has been on 4 votes, enough to get him lynched if we go to a deadline, for ages. If Ozy had felt under threat wouldn't he have mentioned a role earlier?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:20 am

Post by geraintm »

if ozy does end up getting lynched, it will be one of the worst lynches i have seen. just a truly poor game to try and get a 'fair' lynch from, if that makes sense. i'll be very disappointed if ozy goes (unless he turns up scum of course)
and if we get two new players, they'll have like 5 days to actualyl post, almost worthless :-( this game makes me sad.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:01 am

Post by geraintm »

i think it would be an unfair lynch because too many people would have been able to stay effectivly silent for the whole of today, giving up little info for tomorrow. i dislike it strongly if people are able to not get involved in a lynch. a fair lynch is if there is plenty of discussion and everyone has had they say.
in this case, i think it wouldn't be good if ozy ends up lynched when at the same time mod is sending out prods to 30% of the people playing...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by geraintm »

Patrick wrote:I have had a few vibes of geraintm defending Ozy, which I'll look back on tonight when I get in. I've noticed that when scum are under pressure they often become the world's biggest lurker hunters. Not that geraintm himself is under any pressure, but he is indirectly defending Ozy by attacking the inactives/lurkers.
Patrick, as we have both just been in Newbie 289 my postings in this game are very consistent in my actions back there. Look at post 61 from that game. And i have my vote on Rosso because i placed it there for a reason, and i tend to neeed a good reason to move my votes. I now have a reason
vote patrick

turbo - i know i didn't make much of a claim on my thoughts of ozy's scumminess. i didn't think my thoughts on the matter were especially important compared to the question on what i thought a fair lynch was.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (isolation #30) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:10 am

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote:
geraintm wrote:turbo - i know i didn't make much of a claim on my thoughts of ozy's scumminess. i didn't think my thoughts on the matter were especially important compared to the question on what i thought a fair lynch was.
OK, now this I don't like. You don't want to lynch people until everyone can weigh in, but you don't think weighing in on the possible lynchee is particularly important. Doesn't make much sense to me.
ok, i thought i had made comments in the past on Ozy, i think i said i found him a little suspicious, i did consider voting for him but i have always found those who are lurking in this game much worse. I think i said i felt Ozy was being penalised for actually taking part and raising his head above the parapet whilst others were sitting there doing nothing.
Patrick wrote:
geraintm wrote:Patrick, as we have both just been in Newbie 289 my postings in this game are very consistent in my actions back there. Look at post 61 from that game. And i have my vote on Rosso because i placed it there for a reason, and i tend to neeed a good reason to move my votes. I now have a reason vote patrick
The reason for that vote switch is what exactly? And I still don't see what was pressing to vote Rosso Carne. He's pretty obviously been away from the site for ages now.
Patrick, i have said before i voted Rosso because he was being a horrible townie. Just not posting. at the time i think it was an effective tossup between MrBuddyLee and Rosso, i went with Rosso. I tend to keep my votes on people for a long time, until i see a good reason to switch them. Until your recent posts, i hadn't seen any cause to move my vote.

you asked for the reason or the vote switch, it was because i felt you deliberately tried to make it out like i was defending Ozy when a) i don't think i ever was, b) you should know from previous games between us that i dislike strongly people getting lynched when there are inactive players and that situation is exactly what is going on at the moment here.

Frankly, Rosso needs replacing
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (isolation #31) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Post by geraintm »

ShadowLurker wrote:First of all, what is voting on Rosso helping? It is obvious he is NOT lurking, but rather hasn't been at the site judging by him being replaced in all his other games and his mini being abandoned. Voting him is not helpful, especially when we're under a deadline.
who is voting on rosso? i thought i was the only one who was, and that has been moved now
Adele wrote:Well, of course, that's a less dramatic statement than it would be for most; I've only been in the game for a couple weeks. At first, I wasn't liking what Ozy said and I wanted him to defend himself; now I'm apprehensive that unless he comes out in force it'll come down to Ozy or no-lynch, and I take major issue with no-lynch, so I want him to present the strongest defence that he can, including claim, as soon as humanly possible so everyone has a chance to respond
and
we have time to hunt out someone bettet
and
have enough time to build a bandwagon to the point that we don't end the day, not with a bang, but a whimper.

...run-on sentences ftw? Sorry
If i were really clever, i would start analysing letters after each comma and seeing if it spells out something :-)

am of the opinion that ozy needn't claim, and especially now we are waiting for 2 replacements. need them to chip in before anything drastic happens.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:58 am

Post by geraintm »

vote ozy

#mafia>#cops
cop has better odds of finding mafia than they do of getting him.
so lynch ozy and give the policeman time to do his thing.
And will test ozys claim...

Or is that logic awful?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:03 pm

Post by geraintm »

Hello all, am here. It went to day on Friday and i rarely post at weekends. So my lack of posting so far is the reason for that, not that i have been lurking.
Firstly, seems like so far this game couldn't have gone any better for townies. Got godfather day one through fluke, and then no kills last night.

Now, on with the game.
This is my first game outside the newbie room, so never been involved in a mass claim before. Not sure how to proceed, but i wouldn't want to be rushed into anything.
Right now, i'd like to to just plain lynch up Ozy again and let all the cops keep on going. If we have two cops and presumably only one night kill to worry about from the mafia, we will get at least one more investigation and possibly two if no one dies overnight. And even getting somone killed overnight is as good as an investigation.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:49 am

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote:Seems to me that, in a balanced game, mafia have the advantage in night-choices and town in day-choices, so throwing the lynch away (btw, we could just as easily go to night by voting "no lynch") seems foolhardy to me, regardless of whether we have 2 cops or (much more commonly in a mini) just the one.
Ozy - sorry if i seemed like i was advocating going to a lynch you right now, but if i remember i think i was the one who voted last for your lynch yesterday because i was very hapyp then in testing your claim and seeing what exactly we could get from the night. We seem to have got two cop investigations and no deaths.
Right now, i think we as a town would gain more from testing your claim again (because like someone else said, i am not for saying you are town 100%, i could see you as a scum who could get saved once) and seeing what our cops will tell us and if anyone turns up dead.

Adele - voting no lynch is much, much worse than lynching Ozy assuming his claim is true.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:17 am

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote:
geraintm wrote:Adele - voting no lynch is much, much worse than lynching Ozy assuming his claim is true.
??? I followed your point up to here - and you had a fair point. But this, I don't get at all. If Ozy's claim is
true
, how is lynching him functionally different from no-lynching? Or was that a typo; did you mean "a lie"?
if ozy's claim is true, then there is no difference between the two.
If Ozy's claim isn't true, it makes every bit of difference.
I would hope that even Ozy wouldn't mind us testing his claim a second time if the situation arose.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:34 am

Post by geraintm »

at the moment,i think i am siding with Turbo in his thinking...

right up till the point where he voted for klebian, i have no idea where that came from. i feel like i am in the dark with this game compared to everyone else
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:53 pm

Post by geraintm »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Kil can apparently only confirm my night target, at least that's what it reads like. Problem is, there could be other explanations for the lack of nightkill besides my action. So I don't see any way to confirm me or the alignment of my target today.
MrBuddyLee wrote:Kilmenator, I have a question for you.

You knew there was no kill last night, you knew my night target,
kilmenator wrote: i realized not only scum would target him but others also. Obviously someone else targetted the victim as well, so I was not sure in my own mind whether or not you were scum or something else. So, with all the being said, when you said you were not a vanilla, I layed off because now I know what your role is.
Having gone back and reread today, i am just confused. I feel so out of my depth here. When adele says she doesn;t want people to state their allegencies, i am sitting there going "well, won't everyone say they are pro-town?" I have just gone and read the set up for 373, and now i am even more confused :-) i believe none of you...

I have no idea what Kilm and MBL are on about, but they seem to have cleared themselves somehow from suspiscion. The last part there seems to me to indicate Kilm has gone from a 50/50 chance that MBL is scum to clearing him, and i don't know how.
The rest of the day so far just seems to be there to be a push for a huge claim that seems to have died down. No one to me looks especially naughty, i just wish i knew what Kilm and MBL were on about.

Am sorry if this post doesn't actually say much, but i don't feel like i have anything worthwhile to contribute
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:47 am

Post by geraintm »

Ok, wasn't expecting that. I leave for the weekend for some Choas and come back to another ded body.
I went back and looked over Patrick's posts quickly, and all i basically got from it was it felt like a townie without an especially powerful, active role just trying to stay out of the way.
Why whoever it was with a kill decided upon him, i can't think. Patrick seemed harmless to me...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:22 am

Post by geraintm »

kilmenator wrote: I almost thought him as a cop because of this post here
Patrick wrote:I still would like ppl to comment on whether or not a second cop should come out if there is one. I would like to confirm Shadowlurker's sanity. If we can do that, then we're virtually there unless the doc falls tonight.
Just because why would he ask such a question without assuming that there was another cop.
i found this odd, giving evidence to why you thought him town, when the way you were thinking had nothing to do with why PAtrick was actually town.
Kil's whole chat with MBL earlier in the game and then this buttering himsel fup to a dead townie sit oddly with me.
kilmenator wrote: I find it interesting that everyone else feels that it is a pro-town player who day killed him.
Not true.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:29 am

Post by geraintm »

kilmenator wrote: Could someone please explain to me why they think he would have been day vigged?
i don't, i think i said above that i don't think a protown player would have gone after him.
and what i meant wasi found it odd the way you linked yourself to Patrick's townness after the event it was proved.

Bu MBL seems pretty sure of where you stand, so i don't know what to think.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:54 am

Post by geraintm »

MrBuddyLee wrote:If Kil's scum she'd have to be scum with a tracking ability. .
this game (to me) seems like the kind of game where there would be no vanilla mafia...
kilmenator wrote:
geraintm wrote: and what i meant wasi found it odd the way you linked yourself to Patrick's townness after the event it was proved.
I guess I didnt realize that I linked myself to him, could you tell me where I did that.
your post 509, you went to great lenghts to tell everyone you thought Patrick was pro-town. i just found it odd after the fact that Patrick's towness is proved, you made it so clear to everyone you always thought he was town. you also throw in that you also found him scummy too. the whole tone of that post i found weird, but MBL seems happy with you so despite my weird feelings about you, i have nowhere to go with them.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (isolation #42) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Post by geraintm »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm concerned that you're so willing to trust me, gerain.
does it seem like i trust you? if i did, i don't think i would be bringing you and him up so much. If i was trusting, why would have i advocated lynching Ozy again tonight.

and i meant to post this yesterday byt my log in went screwy for 24 hours.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:45 am

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote:
geraintm wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm concerned that you're so willing to trust me, gerain.
does it seem like i trust you?
geraintm on Kilmeneter wrote:your post 509, you went to great lenghts to tell everyone you thought Patrick was pro-town. i just found it odd after the fact that Patrick's towness is proved, you made it so clear to everyone you always thought he was town. you also throw in that you also found him scummy too. the whole tone of that post i found weird, but MBL seems happy with you so despite my weird feelings about you, i have nowhere to go with them.
This post read very much like you trust MBL; why else would his support of Kil be relevant?
From what i remember, Kilm was the one who sorta came out and was happy about MBL, not the other way round. If Kilm and MBL are behaving oddly, i would expect the one who 'cleared' the other to be more likely to be a bad man than the other way round. That coupled with me finding Kilm's post about him thinking Patrick was a cop odd, would make it be true to say of the two, i think i trust MBL more than Kilm.

Does that make sense?

I have to say, i don't really trust anyone in this game. I feel like everyone else is playing with a ton more info than me about what is going on.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (isolation #44) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:14 am

Post by geraintm »

ShadowLurker wrote:
geraintm wrote:I have to say, i don't really trust anyone in this game. I feel like everyone else is playing with a ton more info than me about what is going on.
Did you miss a cop claim?
? nope. but that would account for merely one person...yourself.
MBL and kilm i could never work out what the two of them were on about either, but it was more a comment on how i felt out of my depth in this my first trip outside the newbie room.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:34 am

Post by geraintm »

ShadowLurker wrote: but it was more a comment on how i felt out of my depth in this my first trip outside the newbie room.

That would account for three.

And kilm and MBF have both claimed power roles.
did you miss the part how i said it was more a general comment on how i felt out of my depth, or are you deliberately missing that section?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (isolation #46) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:06 pm

Post by geraintm »

klebian wrote: Then geraint posts (kinda near a deadline)
geraintm wrote:if ozy does end up getting lynched, it will be one of the worst lynches i have seen. just a truly poor game to try and get a 'fair' lynch from, if that makes sense. i'll be very disappointed if ozy goes (unless he turns up scum of course)
and if we get two new players, they'll have like 5 days to actualyl post, almost worthless :-( this game makes me sad.
I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum seems like trying to cover up that he already knows ozy will be scum. I don't like this post, the points against ozy were fairly solid, and he doesn't really say why he doesn't like an ozy lynch.
geraintm wrote:i think it would be an unfair lynch because too many people would have been able to stay effectivly silent for the whole of today, giving up little info for tomorrow. i dislike it strongly if people are able to not get involved in a lynch. a fair lynch is if there is plenty of discussion and everyone has had they say.
in this case, i think it wouldn't be good if ozy ends up lynched when at the same time mod is sending out prods to 30% of the people playing...
Your post here is very lazy for someone who is doing a review of the game. I clearly say why i thought lynching Ozy was a bad idea in a later post where i explained what i thought an "unfair lynch" was. As that post i am quoting of myself was 4 hours after the one you quoted, i find it hard to beleive you missed it. How did you, or was your quoting just quiet selective?
klebian wrote:
geraintm wrote:
Patrick wrote:I have had a few vibes of geraintm defending Ozy, which I'll look back on tonight when I get in. I've noticed that when scum are under pressure they often become the world's biggest lurker hunters. Not that geraintm himself is under any pressure, but he is indirectly defending Ozy by attacking the inactives/lurkers.
Patrick, as we have both just been in Newbie 289 my postings in this game are very consistent in my actions back there. Look at post 61 from that game. And i have my vote on Rosso because i placed it there for a reason, and i tend to neeed a good reason to move my votes. I now have a reason
vote patrick

turbo - i know i didn't make much of a claim on my thoughts of ozy's scumminess. i didn't think my thoughts on the matter were especially important compared to the question on what i thought a fair lynch was.
I really don't like his point against patrick. Makes little sense to me. and his response to turbo doesn't make that much sense either.
what was wrong with my post to PAtrick? Patrick i felt was trying to make me look bad when i felt i wasn't and PAtrick should have known better, hence my vote.
And my point to Turbo was consistent with my thoughts at the time that the unfair lynch of Ozy would be very, very bad, and i wasnted it stopped. My thoughts on Ozy at the time i felt were not important comapred to trying to persuade peopel to give him more time.
Turbovolver wrote:
geraintm wrote:turbo - i know i didn't make much of a claim on my thoughts of ozy's scumminess. i didn't think my thoughts on the matter were especially important compared to the question on what i thought a fair lynch was.
kilmenator wrote:May I ask what everyone else thinks of ozy's alignment?
likely town, but i wanted to test it when we came out of night and found no one dead. No one else liked that idea though, it was pretty much shot down by the more experienced people around.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (isolation #47) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:59 am

Post by geraintm »

kilmenator wrote:the reason i ask is because if you look at the set up of the other game, once people were lynched they became on the opposite side instead of dying.
if this was the case, then i suspect ozy/colonel kutz would have told us of their alignment once they got lynched. that is pure guesswork on my behalf though.
i also think that mod wouldn't repeat himself so obviously...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (isolation #48) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:16 am

Post by geraintm »

every day i come in here to see what has happened over night. and it just seems to be people trying to outguess the mod.
i leave each day thinking we haven't got anywhere further
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (isolation #49) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:26 pm

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote:
You did fail to answer his first question here. However, considering that question says "sounds like he knows ozy will be scum", it isn't particularly valid. I was surprised you didn't mention this though.
I told him to go look at the post i made quoted below.
geraintm wrote:i think it would be an unfair lynch because too many people would have been able to stay effectivly silent for the whole of today, giving up little info for tomorrow. i dislike it strongly if people are able to not get involved in a lynch. a fair lynch is if there is plenty of discussion and everyone has had they say.
I think it is unfair of you to say i hadn't answered his question when i already had.

To norinel - seems a fair assesment to me
kilmenator wrote:I am NOT pushing for an ozy lynch, I am just making a point that ozy is not yet off the hook.
agree with this
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (isolation #50) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:59 pm

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote:Uhh geraintm, there's a reason I specified the
first
question. The post you linked too answered the next question.
What's teh first question? I can't find another one in here
klebian wrote:
Then geraint posts (kinda near a deadline)
geraintm wrote:if ozy does end up getting lynched, it will be one of the worst lynches i have seen. just a truly poor game to try and get a 'fair' lynch from, if that makes sense. i'll be very disappointed if ozy goes (unless he turns up scum of course)
I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum seems like trying to cover up that he already knows ozy will be scum. I don't like this post, the points against ozy were fairly solid, and he doesn't really say why he doesn't like an ozy lynch.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote:You mean you understood it?

I still don't.
I mean I still don't get it, you took three tries. I don't think the most likely explanation here is geraintm understood it and thought "nope, not worth responding to."
[/quote]

How can you make such a fuss of me not answering a question when you and Adele both agree what was written was very hard to understand and you think the most liekly explanation is that i didn't understand it?
Adele wrote: I mean, I think what klebian was getting at is that gerain's "I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum" looks like someone trying to oppose a lynch but hedge their bets for the eventual discovery that ozy's scum and therefore gerain was opposing a lynch on scum.
Putting words into Klebian's mouth aren't you?

And Adele, i was opposing Ozy's lynch at that point, i don't deny that at all. At that time, i thought lynching Ozy would be terrible.
But has anyone noticed that i actually the person who lynched Ozy? My post 373 was the final vote on Ozy. if as you are saying you think i could be scum because i already knew Ozy was scum, it seems pretty far fetched to me that the game would require both me and Ozy to be scum and Ozy to be an unlynchable mafia. I think that is what the Klebian hypotosis (sp?) would require for me to be a mafia.
And now i have acually gone through and understood what everyone is thinking, i am going to
vote klebian

Turbovolver wrote: I don't really see a way to discern from the two, so yeah, I guess I agree geraintm doesn't have anything to explain.
glad that you came round to this point of view in the end.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (isolation #52) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Post by geraintm »

ShadowLurker wrote:I have submitted my check of geraintm.
you are investigating me as your day cop activity? good :-) i'll come up as a good guy...
anyways, another good night.
i didn't like how yesterday ended. Autoload coming in and so quickly ending the day. I just am not comfy with Auto's claimed role and then that sudden behaviour.
kilmenator wrote: We are also waiting on someone who we basically confirmed innocent (autoload replaced ozy right?). I am pretty sure judging by his behavior thus far, he will not be responding anytime soon.

SL could you please tell us who you have checked as a daycop?
Why do yuo think Autoload won't respond? He came into the game and posted twice within the first 24 hours of replacing. That seems quiet quick tome.

And did you miss Shadow's post above yours saying who he was investigating?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (isolation #53) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 pm

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote:
geraintm wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:I have submitted my check of geraintm.
you are investigating me as your day cop activity? good :-) i'll come up as a good guy...
:sigh:
That's not good. An investigation of a bad guy is more useful than an investiagtion of a good guy, right? Big picture, geraintm.
i am town and want more confirmed townies. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to come up as scum being town, that would have been hard to explain...
if i were scum, i wouldn't have wanted to have been investigated at all. obv would have been more useful if he had investigated someone else and come up with a guilty verdict on them.

Adele wrote:
kilmenator wrote:I have been pointing out he could very well not be an unlynchable townie he could be a townie who was lynched and comes back as a scum.
Isn't vampire kind of a zebra?
What do you mean here? vampire zebra?
ShadowLurker wrote:I got geraintm as town, I really hope I'm not naive, but that leaves Patrick/Turbo unless we think by some logic that MBL and kilmenator are scum.

I g2g now, barely had time.
patrick? Patrick's gone Shadow...
Does that mean turbo is where Shadow thinks we should be looking at then?

vote turbo

too many of his posts just seemed to be him asking others their opinion (when i just went back over his posts) and his going after Klebian now justs seems poor.

anyways, i'll vote turbo and see where things go.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (isolation #54) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:46 am

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote:You want confirmed scumzars more than confirmed townies, right? And you (from your POV) are a townie. Hence, it's
bad
that you got investigated.
ah, i see what you mean fair enough. possibly thinking a little selfishly then, wanting to be cleared.
geraintm wrote: What do you mean here? vampire zebra?
Wikipedia wrote:Zebra is a slang medical term for an obscure and unlikely diagnosis from ordinary symptoms.
I guess "improbable role" would've been better, but it foolishly didn't occur to me that you'd be unfamiliar with it, since I've some across it several times in Scrubs, ER and (I think) Casualty, and have used it in casual discussion without trouble.
as i watch 2/3 of those, i should have heard it too then. i like the phrase.
this is my first time out of the newbie room so roles besides cop/doc/mafia are all new to me...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (isolation #55) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:29 am

Post by geraintm »

Ok, i have no idea what is going on now having seen Auto/Ozy's role...
I thought i did, but i don't...
Turbovolver wrote: Yes, I do ask a lot of questions. I'm a firm believer in giving people a chance to explain the things I find suspicious, because what I'm searching for is what motivates their replies. You need to probe to find scum.
You say I'm asking others their opinion too much, though?! Please, give me some examples.

And my going after Klebian was poor? Well you had plenty of chance to say that yesterday, y'know, instead of saying you agreed with the arguments against him and voting him.
Your post 68 on the 16th
Turbovolver wrote:
Vote: klebian

He's scum.
and you never let up on him from then on, even when you say you are backing off of him, you later find cause on about the 9th to keep on at him. In hindsight, it didn't look good to me when i reread your posts. and when looking at only certain people's behaviour, you vs klebian yesterday made me kinda go hmm...

And examples of you asking people's opinions...
Turbovolver wrote:
What do you think about Friday's hyper-defensiveness?
Turbovolver wrote:Friday-13th, I want to know who you suspect and why.
Turbovolver wrote: You say you don't know who to vote out of him, Friday or Patrick.
Why those other two?
Turbovolver wrote:I too was happy with Killmenator's reply, except for one thing: You didn't vote anyone after going back and re-reading all the players. Why didn't you vote anybody after all that work?
Turbovolver wrote: Go on then, explain how.
Turbovolver wrote:So Ozymandius, you didn't want to explain that weird post you made before you came back?
Turbovolver wrote: I would also like to know why you think MBL is scummy.
Turbovolver wrote: I'm still waiting for klebian's analysis, but I am just as keen for something more substantial from Norinel now.
I don't know where i am going with this though anymore. As i said, Auto's death has confused me.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (isolation #56) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:21 pm

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote:
geraintm wrote:I don't know where i am going with this though anymore. As i said, Auto's death has confused me.
So you are trying to use the death of another unrelated player as a reason to back down on your poorly formulated attack on me? Greeeat.
Nope, i was still voting for you, hadn't backed down when i wrote that post.

But having read Kilm's later post, i really, really want to know what MrBuddyLee does for a living. As in i really, really want MBL to say what he does.

Adele wrote:
Turbovolver wrote:The problem I'm having here is, it's doubtful there is an SK considering how the night's have gone.
I'm not certain, but I think there is an SK.
I am leaning towards that as well.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (isolation #57) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:33 pm

Post by geraintm »

Vote MrBuddyLee

you had ample oppotunity to say what you do, and you haven't
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
Original Role PM wrote:You are the Unlynchable Townie. You have immunity from lynches, so if you are lynched, the lynch will fail and night will proceed.
Newest Role PM wrote:You are a Mafia Goon. You have no special abilities.
I don't know if everyone is assuming this, but there is no mention in the Mod's post that him turning into a goon was due to his lynching. That might be what is meant to be assumed, but i think MBL is some sort of mafia recruiter.

If MBL is a mafia recruiter, picking up Ozy night one or Day 2,then i think i would expect there maybe to be another person recruited unless it was a one shot deal on the recruiter's behalf.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (isolation #58) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:56 am

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote:
geraintm, I highly doubt a mafia recruiter would be allowed multiple recruits. Even if the game started with just a mafia recruiter, that's still a cult with nightkills!

I don't see any evidence for or against a mafia recruiter here. Particularly notable is geraintm voting MrBuddyLee because "the mod's words don't rule out a recruiter". Which is a true statement, but says nothing of MBL's alignment!

This is more craplogic from geraintm, and now I am home I'll get to the earlier stuff.
i agree with the multiple recruiting part, but this seems an odd enough game to not rule it out.
i think MBL is a recruiter. To me it fits better with his known targetting of Ozy and Ozy's then subsequent change from town to scum than Ozy flipping into scum because he got lynched.

Turbo, you asked me to provide examples to back up when i said i got the impression from rereading your posts that you liked asking questions. i did this even though i knew at the time i was confused by how the day was going. You had asked me to respong and i felt obliged to.

Auto/Ozy died after my vote for you and before i responded to your post. there had been a significant change in the state of play. I voted for you because at the time i thought you were the best person to vote for. i hope you allow me to change my mind on where to vote when something as serious as another player dieing occurs. And to say Auto/ozy's death is unreleated is strange, everything in a game of mafia is related...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (isolation #59) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:47 am

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote: You are
clearly
tailoring your defense to the accusation here, saying whatever you can to get people off your back. And it doesn't add up.

I don't know how it fits into this confusing-as-hell game, but I see no way you are not scum at this point.

Unvote: kilmenator
Vote: geraintm
turbo, forget my vote for you, the game has moved on since i did. you are the only person who is going on about it when quiet clearly there are other people more in the firing line than you.
however, i am finding your now voting for me strange to say the least.I am finding your posts odd, and if i wasn't so fixated on MBL i would be back on you... Voting someone who our cop (who no one has claimed isn't) has said is town just to me is odd...

MBL, i have no idea what role are hinting at. I really don't, sorry.

Re: discussion on a possible SK - i don't have anything to add to this discussion and am going to have to leave it upto more informed people to work it out...

what is teh vote situation by the way, Shadow, me and Kilm on MBL, turbo on me?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (isolation #60) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:25 pm

Post by geraintm »

unvote

the conversation with MBL is interesting enough that i don't want him at an official one vote from lynch. But MBL, please don't think i am backing off you, i still want you to tell me what you did night 1
MrBuddyLee wrote:
Look back and see if anyone did that. I don't think they did, other than you. So when he was killed, it's a sign that someone sneaky did it, implying that the daykiller is an SK.
i believe i wanted to lynch Ozy on Day 2, but i got jumped all over saying it was a bad idea

Turbo, all i am getting from you is someone going around creaating sandstorms to blind people. you are not joining in with your throughts on the main topic of conversation, instead chatting with me or Kilm.

Question that is bothering me - how likely is it that the mafia could be daykillers?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (isolation #61) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:58 am

Post by geraintm »

kilmenator wrote: MBL- why have you gone from posting every other post to not posting?
agree, i unvoted because i thought we were all getting somewhere and didn't want someone to silence you prematurly. i unvoted and you have gone quiet, very disappointing
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (isolation #62) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:00 am

Post by geraintm »

MrBuddyLee wrote:So my claiming is the only thing that'll move this game forward?

Man you guys are lazy. :)
i am afraid with what i can work out that is going on, i need to know what you did night one.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (isolation #63) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:25 am

Post by geraintm »

[quote="Norinel"]

And even though you didn't ask, my take on you is that you're either puting off a doc claim as long as possible in hopes the scum might not hit you tonight or trying to figure out how much other people might know to fake a slightly twisted doc. Starting with two scum that can recruit once instead of kill isn't too out of whack, and recruiting the most cleared person on the first Night is a reasonable strategy when you lost the GF at random Day 1.
quote]
norinel, is what you are saying above that you would like MBL to explain himself too? or are you not asking him to do that?
i ask as MBL was waiting for a 4th person to ask for that before he did...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (isolation #64) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:15 am

Post by geraintm »

you say there is no SK, how do you explain Patrick's death then?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (isolation #65) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:05 pm

Post by geraintm »

very quick post. i want the otehrs besides Adele, MBL and KIlm to chime in.

Basically, Kilm, having had a read of what went on overnight, you seem odd. to me it seems MBL is being more honest than you, you seem to be lying to try and trap him and failing, and you come out of it at the end of the day looking like you are pushing very hard to get MBL lynched.
but i want to know what the others think now.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (isolation #66) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:17 am

Post by geraintm »

kilmenator wrote:I did not lie, I told the truth, I wanted to see how he would react. quote]

i thought you lied about the tracking him night 2?
kilmenator wrote: Honestly, I dont mind, and if you want MBL to vig me today, to prove my innocence, make sure you lynch him today. That might be the best play... what does everyone else think?
are you not paying attention, he can't vig you today? and i never like townies who advoate their own death

to turbo - i can see there being a mafia tracker in this game. wouldn't surprise me

am waiting for the silent people to chime in
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (isolation #67) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:41 am

Post by geraintm »

i don't want to join in too much, i am really wanting Shadow to actually post. but overall, i am leaning away from MBL. what he is saying seems to fut to me better than those trying to get him lynched
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (isolation #68) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:21 am

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote: geraintm: Said a week and a half ago he was waiting for silent folk to chime in. Has posted one sentence since. Hypocrite, lurking to avoid commenting on a controversial situation, or attending for some reason I don't know... not a huge fan.
yeah, i have been silent, but one player still hasn't turned up in all that time.

me, i am not going to vote for MBL depsite being in on the push for his activities. He explained, and i am happy enough.
And reading the exchanges since, i don't like Kilm or Turbo. Kilm, he seemed to me to attack too much and now the calling fo rhis own death, just weird.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (isolation #69) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote:
Also, I radically disagree with the suggestion that Ozy could've been recruited "anytime"; it makes so much more sense to me that the day 1 lynch was what went him over the edge, so your reasons for vigging Pat and Ozy seem contradictory to me. But I can see why they weren't contradictory from your perspective - kinda - so, okay.
i think i agree with Adele on this one, though Mod telling someone they are unlynchable townie and then turning them into mafia once they are lynched seems nasty. To me that is a very, very strong role that once that person becomes mafia is nearly impossible to defeat unless you get something lucky like them being killed another way.
this is why i strongly thought there was a mafia recruiter.
I still am tempted to think there might be one, and that the mafia get day kills. That to me explains MBL's actions just as well as him being this day/night vigging machine. but that is just wacky...

right now, as i said, i don't want to lynch MBL. I asked for an explanation, got one and it sits ok with me. The only way it doesn't is a game state that is very, very odd.

turbo, i don't like. His post on the 23rd Feb where he voted me as confirmed townie has never sat right with me.
seemed to switch back and forth between people easily today to me.
and his post on 5th where he said he liked MBLs response, but still kept his vote on. I don't like that he has gone quiet since MBL brought up the whole "follow the people who are pressuring me" thing

Kilm, i wish he hadn't offered to have himself lynched. Don't like that offer at all. I can kinda see why though he made it. And the whole bit where he tried to bluff MBL, i am of the opinion that townies need a very good reason to not tell the truth and i didn't think you had one there...

Where is the cop though?

Sorry if this post doesn't make a great deal of sense, i am trying to summarise my thoughts of the last week in one quick post.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (isolation #70) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:35 pm

Post by geraintm »

ShadowLurker wrote:What does everyone think about a scum group not being able to nightkill at all, but only daykill. I've sent in my investigation of MBL as I'm almost positive he's the last scum.

Vote MBL

Why vote before you get your result back?

And i put forward the day killing scum thing before, but bird's role was night based, Patrick's role was night based, klebian's role was night based and Kilm's role was night based.
It would seem odd that every town role was night based, but the mafia was skulking around in the day.

Though Mert as godfather didn't say when they killed...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (isolation #71) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:22 pm

Post by geraintm »

MBL, is there anything you have written during the game that had a shred of truth to it?
Why would you have come up as scum if you are a vigilante?
Why would you come up scum but Norinel, who you are claiming to be the day equivalent of yourself, come up town?

Turbo, can you explain what your double vote thing was?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (isolation #72) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:28 pm

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote:
geraintm wrote:Turbo, can you explain what your double vote thing was?
My role.

Can you explain what your horrible attack on me yesterday was?
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
Turbovolver, mafia double voter, killed Day 4

Role PM wrote:You are the Mafia Double Voter. During every day you may choose to vote a person twice by saying “Vote: X” twice, either at the same time or in separate posts. Or you can just conceal your double voting ability by voting and unvoting normally. You cannot vote for two different players at the same time. If you do double vote someone, your two votes will be seen by others in vote counts.
yeah, my horrible attack looks a little better now :-)

Anyways, MBL i hope you are happy with the way the game has gone.
You say you aren't scum, aren't SK or anything, then why did you turn up guilty when investigated?

the game seems horribly balanced. scum had a godfather, double voter, recruited Ozy? and am i right in thinking there is one left, or are we chasing the person who is doing the day kills?

Am i right in thinking Shadow has turned up innocent on all three of Norinel, Adele and me?

Does anyone have anything from their roles that would help us finish the game? i ask because i am assuming there are no vanilla roles in this game and 2/5 of the people around have given no indication at all of what they get up to each night/day
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (isolation #73) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:14 am

Post by geraintm »

MrBuddyLee wrote:If you haven't figured out my role at this point, it should be exceedingly obvious after my last post and the recent set of events. If I reference it in any way I get modkilled. Suffice it to say I'm not a threat in the least and it's been a blast lying my ass off.
yuo said something ages ago that was along the lines of "I can't spell it out any more for you guys"
i tried looking through your posts to see what you mean, but couldn't work out what you were on about.

CAn you explain what you meant?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (isolation #74) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:13 pm

Post by geraintm »

i am of the opinion that MBL has to die tonight. MBL claims to have a night killing roll, he turned up guilty under investiagation (and i don't understand that thing about why do godfather's come up innocent) and i don't want him able to use it. that takes us down to 4 for tomorrow and i think a 50/50 shot of getting it right.
norinal/adele are going to have to explain their actions throughout the game though, it is obvious neither will be vanilla so they much have been doing something all game.

this game seems weird. so far it looks like the mafia have not killed anyone in the whole game, yet it is a 50/50 chance that the town doesn't win!
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (isolation #75) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:43 am

Post by geraintm »

no, there are only 5 left. i don't trust MBL, i do trust shadow, that leaves you and norinel left.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (isolation #76) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:54 pm

Post by geraintm »

very quick.
i want claims from both norinal and adele.
i want to know exactly what both have been doing the whole game, every day and night.
you can do it in stages if you want, so not to give the other a disadavantage of going first, but i want both of you to tell us all exactly what has been going on.
i will gladly tell you all where i have been afterwards
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (isolation #77) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:55 pm

Post by geraintm »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Cmon geraint and SL, doc and cop, demand claims from the unidentified twosome. Norinel's the SK and will claim god knows what, Adele may be a roleblocker or something considering scum got their kills blocked or docced every night. I dunno, but you're in the driver's seat if you lynch Norinel and you're at lynch-or-lose or worse if you off me.
basically, i need to know what adele/norinel did each night to work out what went on each night

unlike most of the other players in this town, my role is not infomation gathering, so the only way i can work things out is if people say things that don't match up with the little i know.
this is why i went after MBL/Kilm so heavily once i knew where they had been that first night.

MBL, are you saying that mod will kill you if you tell us your role?

adele - departed is ok, but didn't deseve oscar. go see little miss sunshine which should have won, but the presteige and the will ferrel/emma thompson ones were much better than anything else.
or is your mentioning of the departed some hint at double roles within the mafia???

and adele/MBL, i hope your postings are just in character and you two aren't getting upset wih each other?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (isolation #78) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:39 pm

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote:
geraintm wrote:very quick.
Why, what's the rush?
i thought i wouldn't be able to post at all yesterday, today and tomorow due to work.
Adele wrote: Wait... did I miss the post where you got confirmed? I'm in the process of deciding whether I trust you more or less than SL, Norinel and even MBL, at the moment. Why is it you get to say that you'll effectively be the last to claim?
no, you didn't, i just thought people knew what i have been doing this game. as i said, i have a non information gatehring role and thus i want you and norinel to come forward to i can see if what you have both been doing tallys with what i know.
Adele wrote:Um, I work at Blockbusters :D . I've seen The Prestige, which is indeed very good (my boss said he didn't think much of it, but then we found out he hadn't understood it - a bit dim), and I've seen Little Miss Sunshine (which might well be the best movie I've seen in the last 12 months). I was v. miffed to miss Stranger Than Fiction in the cinema, and it comes out on DVD on the second of April so I'll get it out... on the 29th of March probably, and I can't wait.
enjoy STF then when it comes out. mafia feels like that film sometimes with Mod narrating our lives :-)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (isolation #79) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:46 pm

Post by geraintm »

agree with adele that norinel has to chime in, but i am still insisting on both of them telling us what they have been doing.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (isolation #80) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:28 am

Post by geraintm »

norinel, how many people need to ask you to claim before you respond? double standards otherwise with your vote on MBL?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (isolation #81) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:38 pm

Post by geraintm »

Norinel and Adele.
you have both been asked now to come forward with your roles.
i don't think either of you can avoid it now.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (isolation #82) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:15 am

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote:Sorry for my absence the last couple of days. I'm the deputy, which (obviously) means SL must be telling the truth. Sorry, no choices to declare. Any nighttime weirdyness is unrelated to me.

So, we have everyone in play claiming not-daykiller.

Norinel claimed bomb? Ouch, that's an enjoyable scumclaim but it's no flying pumpkin.

Geraintm, I'd appreciate a claim from you too now.
no flying pumpkin? what do you mean by that?
and frankly, i don't believe at least one of the claims.
one solution i see is that would MBL be willing to place the last vote on Norinel. :-)

Adele, i assumed my role was clear. I am the doc
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (isolation #83) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:55 pm

Post by geraintm »

Ok, am not the serial killer.
My three targets were Ozy night one - i put the lynching vote on him because i wanted to test him as unlynchable townie, and then knowing he was a town i went to save him. this is why i pushed at MBL so hard once i knew him where he had been night one.
knowing someone targetted Ozy who didn't die made me very curious.
night 2 i protected Shadow, he was cop.
night 3, the obvious thing was to protect shadow again, but i thought that was too obvious, the mafia knew i had protected him the night before and would almost certainly do so again, so i moved away from the cop and went with someone who had been cleared by the cop.

the thing that puzzles me, is that MBL has said previously that he can't reveal his role, otherwise he gets mod killed.
he just revealed his role, and didn't get mod killed. Explain

i think i have done the 2 things i was asked to do.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (isolation #84) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:38 pm

Post by geraintm »

that was a quick night. me thinks only one person had a night action...
4 of us left, shadow are you going to investigate one of adele/norinel and see what you get this time. i doubt you will get anything useful though
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #85) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:00 am

Post by geraintm »

just rereading, i would have been happier if norinel had never placed a vote during the game...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (isolation #86) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:18 pm

Post by geraintm »

ShadowLurker wrote:I've investigated all 3 of you already and got all innocent so it's unlikely for me to get anything else.

As for today, Norinel is DEFINITELY the lynch as we should use his ability to lynch two people rather one, now, we must decide whether Adele or geraintm is more scummy since I am cleared as if I was scum, Adele would have to be as well and 6 scum in a game would just be unbalanced. Norinel's being "cleared" does not apply today MBL and Norinel being both scum is a plausible possibility now.

This means that I should definitely be the first vote on Norinel and that Adele should unvote.

I have a question though.
Mod: If there is a daykill of a player who is not voting while two person are already on a third person, will the daykill lower the amount to lynch and cause that person to be lynched? Or will a daykill reset the votes?
did you send in an investigation anyways though shadow?
and do you think there is still scum let alive? my assumption is we have got all the scum (3 plus one recruited) and all that is left is a day killer who turns up innocent.

can i check if anyone doubts that i am the doc? i have made the assumption the last few (real time) days that people kinda assumed i was, but i would like to know if anyone didn't think that was the case?

me, i am leaning towards Norinel being the last bad guy in town. adele is the only other person i could see being the bad girl.
but, if adele is the last bad girl, then say me and shadow put the first two votes on, adele then kills one of us, gets norinel lynched and then day kills the last person tommorow.
annoying that the game seems to be a 50/50 shot
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (isolation #87) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:37 am

Post by geraintm »

so adele, you don't thinki am the doc?
doyou think this game would not have a doc in it, espeically with the lack of night kills?

if you make the assumption that there is a doc in the game, do you think then i would have claimed doc and norinel not claimed it?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (isolation #88) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Post by geraintm »

adele, i have already come out in a post and said who i protected
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (isolation #89) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:13 pm

Post by geraintm »

sorry, i thought i had written who i protected. i fully meant to. it was norinel
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (isolation #90) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:56 pm

Post by geraintm »

argh, 50/50 chance now

vote norinel

i just don't like his role claim anywhere near as much as adele's
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (isolation #91) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:25 am

Post by geraintm »

if i have lost this, it is because i said i was leaning towards voting norinel and adele thought i would still vote that way once the vig came in.
i think it was too obvious i was going to vote norinel, and i can't see why if norinel is the vig why he would have killed the cop. makes me doubt myself totally...
sorry all if i have lost the game for us
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (isolation #92) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:31 am

Post by geraintm »

adele i am town. do you really think that i am scum? the number of scum in the game would be frightening if that were the case.
i voted quickly as i didn't expect anything else to happen in the game other than you and norinel to vote for each other, i didn't think you two would both vote for me. i think norinel is scum, have done for a while, no sure what it going to change my thinking on that.
did you want me to vote for you then?? is that what you wanted?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (isolation #93) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

i have to present my case?
so far the only person to have doubted my role as far as i can tell is adele. she seems to beleive that there is no doc in the game which must be the conclueson from her wanting norinel to have me vote second?
but if she thinks i am not the doc, then why isn't she pushing to lynch me straight away? to me that don't make any sense.

the more i think about it, the more i am swinging to adele being the SK.
as i said, why day kill the cop unless you expected me to vote for norinel?
and if adele is the SK< then that would make norinels role claim true, and adele then can't win by lynching norinel now because she would die.

adele, i am in the same situation as you, having to trust one of you or norinel, so i don't think you can complain too much about being in that situaion.

i think i have talked myself into doing it. i can't see a good enough reason that adele hasn't voted for norinel if adele is town.

unvote vote adele
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (isolation #94) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:08 am

Post by geraintm »

but what do you expect me to do adele? i voted for norinel because i thought he was the SK mostly based upon the roleclaims, but you just didn't want to vote for him and the only reason i could think of was that you were the SK and feared norninel#s role claim. his role claim was either false and he was the SK and it didn't matter who voted second, or it was true which made yours false and you the SK and thus you couldn't vote for norinel because you would end up dead to norinel's parting shot. to me, your not voting for norinel gave me too many questions...
i don't know how you want this game to end? who do you actually think is the bad guy?
and where is norinel?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (isolation #95) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:37 pm

Post by geraintm »

Norinel wrote:I'm not going to swoop in and vote for either of you right now. Real post from me today, I sincerely hope.
if you didn't hammer eitehr one of us as soon as you came in the room, then i am very hopeful you are not the serial killer. i do hope you are not as distrusting as Adele over my claim, and if you beleive me then your vote must got to adele
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (isolation #96) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:37 am

Post by geraintm »

Norinel wrote: Let's suppose Mert/Turbo/autoload were the nightkilling scum, and geraint got some successful protects. We already know that they didn't nightkill N1, since they were recruting Ozy. But they went for the claimed cop Night 2, perhaps because nobody objected to MBL's not-quite-claim of doc. Night 3, they would've had to attack me, which is really unusual since I at that time made a lot of sense as a potential lynch target. Maybe MBL went so hard on me yesterday because he thought I was NK-immune?

Geraint's reactions to the Day 2 MBL/kilme exchange were more confused than anything else, which I could read as either sincerely not understanding because he hadn't decided on a doc claim or maybe newbieness.
why did it confuse you? the reason i latched onto kilm/MBl when i found out where Kilm said MBL had been was because i knew where i had protected, and finding out he hadn't died and someone had protected him made me very suspiscious.
the reason i was so happy to lynch ozy day one was because i was going to protect him if he came up as unlynchable.
Turbovolver wrote:I don't know about this mass claim stuff. I can see the
potential
to break the game open but that's only if things fall the right way, and it has the downisde of exposing the doc with a claimed cop already out there. Is it really worth leaving things to luck?
Also ShadowLurker I didn't understand your ordering post at all, it looked like there were three sepearate lists :?
geraintm wrote:at the moment,i think i am siding with Turbo in his thinking...

right up till the point where he voted for klebian, i have no idea where that came from. i feel like i am in the dark with this game compared to everyone else
Norinel, you said i hadn't thought about a doc claim. the above post of mine was the post where i early on hinted at my role, because i tried to say the reason i didn't want that mass role claim was because of turbo's thinking about it exposing the doc. i know this might seem very obscure way to do it, but i've not been a doc before in a game and things like breadcrumbing a role never really occurs to me.

adele, all your comments in post 986 are very, very hypocritical. you say that i have changed my thinking, but my reason to vote for you are exactly what you are claiming for me! you can't have your cake and eat it, you can't say it is unrasnable for me to assume you are the serial killer because you wouldn't vote for norinel, then say i am the serial killer because i wouldn't vote for norinel. misses the point that i had vote for norinel! and i was waiting for you to finish him off! the reason i think you are teh SK is because you wouldn't put teh second vote on norinel and you feared norinle's role.
Adele wrote: Entreaties to pay attention to the situation from my point of view, and observe that this is the only smart play for me, fell on dead ears. Instead he forced us into this face-off by voting for me (just a few short posts after you and I agree that it makes most sense for you to decide who's less trustworthy and that person should be required to hammer you) - why? It doesn't make sense for a townie to take such an extreme course of action over talking things through. He's running scared, because he
knows
that him hammering you would lose him the game - and he could only know that if
he's
the SK.
the paart above where you say "him hammering you would love you the same" never applied to this game, as i voted for norinel first. i never had to fear losing the game because of norinel's role.

And norinel, go back and check the ordering of the votes during this last day to see that i never had to fear voting you, the only person who did was adele

[PS: sorry not posted much last few days, work is blocking mafiascum so can only do this from home. i am not running scared and hiding from the game]
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (isolation #97) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:34 pm

Post by geraintm »

Norinel wrote:
Geraint, why do you think scum (MBL, by that point) attacked me Night 3, given that he used me as the main person to lynch?

Adele, if there's no doc or anyone with nightkill immunity except klebian or maybe the SK, why have there been no nightkills?

Both of you, if there's anything that you can point me to from the thread that shows you haven't been playing to survive, or the other one has, that'd expedite things as well.
i am not sure why MBL attacked you. the reason i chose you to save that night was i had saved teh cop the night before and blocked the night kill. i was expecting the mafia to assume i would save him again, remember MBL had guessed i was the doc (he was the person who outed me, i didn't claim doc until after i assumed everyone knew i was the doc), so i thought saving the cop again was too obvious and chose one of the people on the Innocent list. it was 50/50 between you and adele i think.

And Norninel, do you think with mine and adele's role claims which is more believable. mine as doc, when there has been no nightkills in the game at all, or "back-up cop", which is always the easiest claim for a bad guy, being so hard to disprove.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (isolation #98) » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:04 am

Post by geraintm »

Norinel, what do you mean, the day game factors?

Norinel, to me the game has come down to the roleclaims from the different players. At the start of today, i felt your claim was the weakest out of you two, and that was why i voted you to begin with.
But we have a tracker, watcher, copycat...i don't think there would have been a back up cop, there were enough pro town info gathering roles in the game.
and for adele to vote for you, she must have beleived your role wasn't true. and thus your bomb ability didn't matter. the only thing that stopped her from voting for you today was her fear of the bomb ability.
she now has it turned round that because i had voted for you, that somehow makes me the serial killer. her entire reason for me being teh serial killer is not letting her vote for you first and me being not willing to talk about how best to kill you. she doesn't seem to be debating my role claim or anything liek that, she is focussing on a very small part of today that to me has an equally good alternate explanation, her being the serial killer.

Norinel, go back through today and look at our actions and think WWSKD. See if what me and adele have done makes sense?
go back to the first night with my lynching of an unlycnable. why would i have tried to kill someone when if i was the SK, i would have known i could have taken them out at any time with my SK ability?

Dunno now, what else do you want from me norinel?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”