ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:31 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Mod:
May we have a deadline extension as to have a bit more discussion before deadline such as a claim?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:50 am

Post by geraintm »

Just checking in quickly, sorry not been around much over the holiday period.
Re Ozy - (this is my first game outside a newbie game, so excuse the silly question) why the push towards a claim now though, ozy has been on 4 votes, enough to get him lynched if we go to a deadline, for ages. If Ozy had felt under threat wouldn't he have mentioned a role earlier?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:56 am

Post by Patrick »

Not really. If he has a powerole, he would try and keep it hidden if at all possible, not reveal it the minute he has a few votes. As with a newbie game, a claim should be the last line of defence so to speak.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:34 am

Post by Patrick »

Mod, I second the request for a deadline extension.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Deadline extension requests granted :D , new deadline:

8 PM EST on Wednesday, January 10th, 2007
The end justifies the means.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

MBL has picked up his prod while Rosso and friday-13th did not. I won't take any action yet because it's still New Year's Day.
The end justifies the means.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Adele »

That's only a week, though; it's not like Ozy's out of danger now, since it's unlikely anyone's gonna do anything extraordinarily scummy in say the next 72 hours. With that in mind, and the point that we want to avoid a no-lynch so if Ozy's got something to turn us off him we need to know now to have time to change direction on this. So, I'd like to request that Ozy claim now.
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:05 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

geraintm wrote:Just checking in quickly, sorry not been around much over the holiday period.
Re Ozy - (this is my first game outside a newbie game, so excuse the silly question) why the push towards a claim now though, ozy has been on 4 votes, enough to get him lynched if we go to a deadline, for ages. If Ozy had felt under threat wouldn't he have mentioned a role earlier?

I wasn't sure if a claim was nessecary at that point, and I didn't think claiming would help me if I was not asked to claim. I've seen someone have problems when they claimed prematurely. I also realize that your question was before the deadline, and I was likely to be lynched soon, but now the deadline has been extended again. It's a valid question though, the way I see it. I'll claim if more people want me to, which I expect is the case, but I want to hear it.

I really think Rosso is MIA, but I suppose we can wait a bit longer since it is New Year's Day.

Happy 2007 everyone!
DICE ... and by DICE I mean 2... well I guess it somehow went to 1...
[dice]1d6 = 167104421 = Fixed[/dice]

Somehow I'm back.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:20 am

Post by geraintm »

if ozy does end up getting lynched, it will be one of the worst lynches i have seen. just a truly poor game to try and get a 'fair' lynch from, if that makes sense. i'll be very disappointed if ozy goes (unless he turns up scum of course)
and if we get two new players, they'll have like 5 days to actualyl post, almost worthless :-( this game makes me sad.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Turbovolver »

geraintm wrote:if ozy does end up getting lynched, it will be one of the worst lynches i have seen. just a truly poor game to try and get a 'fair' lynch from, if that makes sense. i'll be very disappointed if ozy goes (unless he turns up scum of course)
and if we get two new players, they'll have like 5 days to actualyl post, almost worthless :-( this game makes me sad.
I don't know what you mean about a 'fair' lynch, but what is wrong with an Ozy lynch. Are you saying you think he is town? What is wrong with the arguments that have been raised, then?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:01 am

Post by geraintm »

i think it would be an unfair lynch because too many people would have been able to stay effectivly silent for the whole of today, giving up little info for tomorrow. i dislike it strongly if people are able to not get involved in a lynch. a fair lynch is if there is plenty of discussion and everyone has had they say.
in this case, i think it wouldn't be good if ozy ends up lynched when at the same time mod is sending out prods to 30% of the people playing...
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:02 am

Post by Patrick »

I have had a few vibes of geraintm defending Ozy, which I'll look back on tonight when I get in. I've noticed that when scum are under pressure they often become the world's biggest lurker hunters. Not that geraintm himself is under any pressure, but he is indirectly defending Ozy by attacking the inactives/lurkers.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Patrick »

So geraintm, at this point you would lynch Rosso Carne instead of Ozy, assuming you had the power to choose? Is there something that sticks out about Rosso, that sets him apart from the other ppl not posting?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I feel that is a misrepresentation, Patrick. geraintm doesn't seem to be defending Ozymandius much at all (though he did conveniently fail to take much of a position on his scumminess, at least in the recent posts that I saw).

His point about a 'fair' lynch would apply to anyone, he doesn't want to lynch whilst players are inactive. It's not Ozymandius-specific.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Patrick »

Turbo wrote:His point about a 'fair' lynch would apply to anyone, he doesn't want to lynch whilst players are inactive. It's not Ozymandius-specific.
How do you know that? Yes, if he's a genuinely concerned townie it would apply to anyone. If he's scum with Ozy, I imagine it only applies to Ozy.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by geraintm »

Patrick wrote:I have had a few vibes of geraintm defending Ozy, which I'll look back on tonight when I get in. I've noticed that when scum are under pressure they often become the world's biggest lurker hunters. Not that geraintm himself is under any pressure, but he is indirectly defending Ozy by attacking the inactives/lurkers.
Patrick, as we have both just been in Newbie 289 my postings in this game are very consistent in my actions back there. Look at post 61 from that game. And i have my vote on Rosso because i placed it there for a reason, and i tend to neeed a good reason to move my votes. I now have a reason
vote patrick

turbo - i know i didn't make much of a claim on my thoughts of ozy's scumminess. i didn't think my thoughts on the matter were especially important compared to the question on what i thought a fair lynch was.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:30 pm

Post by Adele »

Fair lynches become tougher under deadline. At some pint, you have to switch focus to "best" lynch. What's the best lynch we can make right now, given that the info we have right now might be all the info we'll have by day's end?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:14 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Patrick wrote:
Turbo wrote:His point about a 'fair' lynch would apply to anyone, he doesn't want to lynch whilst players are inactive. It's not Ozymandius-specific.
How do you know that? Yes, if he's a genuinely concerned townie it would apply to anyone. If he's scum with Ozy, I imagine it only applies to Ozy.
It seemed a genuine enough statement to me. I don't know that geraintm's intentions were good with that post, but I see no reason to assume otherwise at this time.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:20 am

Post by Turbovolver »

geraintm wrote:turbo - i know i didn't make much of a claim on my thoughts of ozy's scumminess. i didn't think my thoughts on the matter were especially important compared to the question on what i thought a fair lynch was.
OK, now this I don't like. You don't want to lynch people until everyone can weigh in, but you don't think weighing in on the possible lynchee is particularly important. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:24 am

Post by Patrick »

geraintm wrote:Patrick, as we have both just been in Newbie 289 my postings in this game are very consistent in my actions back there. Look at post 61 from that game. And i have my vote on Rosso because i placed it there for a reason, and i tend to neeed a good reason to move my votes. I now have a reason vote patrick
The reason for that vote switch is what exactly? And I still don't see what was pressing to vote Rosso Carne. He's pretty obviously been away from the site for ages now.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:33 am

Post by kilmenator »

ok, lots going on here now. yay! my thoughts... i dont really like ozy's play much but am not comfortable with him not being around, so i really dont want to put a vote on him especially not knowing his role. i also dont like that patrick doesnt find it a big deal to put a vote on him and uses the logic that if ozy had a power role he would have told us already.

my biggest concern of all is MBL who has posted once or twice, has now picked up his prod and yet still has nothing to say with all of this going on. we didnt even get a "hey guys im busy, will post later". so while i am not a huge fan of going after lurkers, MBL really needs to put some kind of opinion in here, we know he is around yet he fails to post...
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Patrick »

kilmenator wrote:i also dont like that patrick doesnt find it a big deal to put a vote on him and uses the logic that if ozy had a power role he would have told us already.
Actually I said the opposite:
Patrick wrote:Not really. If he has a powerole, he would try and keep it hidden if at all possible, not reveal it the minute he has a few votes. As with a newbie game, a claim should be the last line of defence so to speak.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:10 am

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote:
geraintm wrote:turbo - i know i didn't make much of a claim on my thoughts of ozy's scumminess. i didn't think my thoughts on the matter were especially important compared to the question on what i thought a fair lynch was.
OK, now this I don't like. You don't want to lynch people until everyone can weigh in, but you don't think weighing in on the possible lynchee is particularly important. Doesn't make much sense to me.
ok, i thought i had made comments in the past on Ozy, i think i said i found him a little suspicious, i did consider voting for him but i have always found those who are lurking in this game much worse. I think i said i felt Ozy was being penalised for actually taking part and raising his head above the parapet whilst others were sitting there doing nothing.
Patrick wrote:
geraintm wrote:Patrick, as we have both just been in Newbie 289 my postings in this game are very consistent in my actions back there. Look at post 61 from that game. And i have my vote on Rosso because i placed it there for a reason, and i tend to neeed a good reason to move my votes. I now have a reason vote patrick
The reason for that vote switch is what exactly? And I still don't see what was pressing to vote Rosso Carne. He's pretty obviously been away from the site for ages now.
Patrick, i have said before i voted Rosso because he was being a horrible townie. Just not posting. at the time i think it was an effective tossup between MrBuddyLee and Rosso, i went with Rosso. I tend to keep my votes on people for a long time, until i see a good reason to switch them. Until your recent posts, i hadn't seen any cause to move my vote.

you asked for the reason or the vote switch, it was because i felt you deliberately tried to make it out like i was defending Ozy when a) i don't think i ever was, b) you should know from previous games between us that i dislike strongly people getting lynched when there are inactive players and that situation is exactly what is going on at the moment here.

Frankly, Rosso needs replacing
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Patrick »

geraintm wrote:you asked for the reason or the vote switch, it was because i felt you deliberately tried to make it out like i was defending Ozy when a) i don't think i ever was, b) you should know from previous games between us that i dislike strongly people getting lynched when there are inactive players and that situation is exactly what is going on at the moment here.
I don't think you mounted a strong defence of Ozy. I said I thought you were indirectly defending him by going after lurkers. As for the single game we have played together, in that case you pretty much were trying to stop conversation until the two stragglers arrived. I can see a similarity to what you did there and what you are doing here, that is a good point. I still think you would use that as scum to look out for a scumbuddy, though I don't think I've ever read a game with you as scum. Rosso needs replacing.
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Ozymandius »

I third the request to replace Rosso ASAP, although I suppose that's pretty unnessecary at the moment.

I'm not sure what to make of this geraintm - patrick -fair lynch deal

gotta go more later.
DICE ... and by DICE I mean 2... well I guess it somehow went to 1...
[dice]1d6 = 167104421 = Fixed[/dice]

Somehow I'm back.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”