Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:46 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

ShadowLurker wrote:I have a question though.
Mod: If there is a daykill of a player who is not voting while two person are already on a third person, will the daykill lower the amount to lynch and cause that person to be lynched? Or will a daykill reset the votes?
The daykill will lower the amount to lynch and cause that person to be lynched
The end justifies the means.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:18 pm

Post by geraintm »

ShadowLurker wrote:I've investigated all 3 of you already and got all innocent so it's unlikely for me to get anything else.

As for today, Norinel is DEFINITELY the lynch as we should use his ability to lynch two people rather one, now, we must decide whether Adele or geraintm is more scummy since I am cleared as if I was scum, Adele would have to be as well and 6 scum in a game would just be unbalanced. Norinel's being "cleared" does not apply today MBL and Norinel being both scum is a plausible possibility now.

This means that I should definitely be the first vote on Norinel and that Adele should unvote.

I have a question though.
Mod: If there is a daykill of a player who is not voting while two person are already on a third person, will the daykill lower the amount to lynch and cause that person to be lynched? Or will a daykill reset the votes?
did you send in an investigation anyways though shadow?
and do you think there is still scum let alive? my assumption is we have got all the scum (3 plus one recruited) and all that is left is a day killer who turns up innocent.

can i check if anyone doubts that i am the doc? i have made the assumption the last few (real time) days that people kinda assumed i was, but i would like to know if anyone didn't think that was the case?

me, i am leaning towards Norinel being the last bad guy in town. adele is the only other person i could see being the bad girl.
but, if adele is the last bad girl, then say me and shadow put the first two votes on, adele then kills one of us, gets norinel lynched and then day kills the last person tommorow.
annoying that the game seems to be a 50/50 shot
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Adele »

I'm in about the same place as you, geraintm; I think it's
probably
Norinel, but I do still have concerns that it might be you, and I don't want to bet the game on it. Which is what I'd be doing if I were to hammer Norinel (in case he turns out to actually be a bomb and you're the SK). For me, then, the ideal scenario is you hammering Norinel.

Norinel: given that you clearly aren't voteless, why didn't you ever vote in the game until late on yesterday?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:37 am

Post by geraintm »

so adele, you don't thinki am the doc?
doyou think this game would not have a doc in it, espeically with the lack of night kills?

if you make the assumption that there is a doc in the game, do you think then i would have claimed doc and norinel not claimed it?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Adele »

I think you're probably telling the truth, but I'm not certain; it was implied for a very long time without anyone reacting to it, which seems a fairly safe way for scum to potentially test the water and back down if necessary (which is kind of what MBL did). It's also noted that you waited until the roles of every other player in the game (save MBL's) were known or claimed.

The nightkills point might possibly be a useful one; why don't you tell us everyone you've protected? May as well put all cards on the table.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:20 am

Post by Norinel »

Adele wrote:Norinel: given that you clearly aren't voteless, why didn't you ever vote in the game until late on yesterday?
Lack of investment in the game/time to commit to it, to be honest. My impressions almost never lined up with where the votes were at any particular time, and I never had a good opportunity to make the case for someone where they weren't. It doesn't help that I'm relatively cautious with my vote in general in the mid-to-late game.

Are we all giving SL a free pass now?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Adele »

Norinel wrote:Are we all giving SL a free pass now?
...given that I'm the back-up cop, it seems
probable
that there is a cop in the game.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:49 am

Post by Norinel »

Well, this game is high-chaos, right? Could the exact wording of your PM be interpreted in such a way that there could be no cop?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Post by geraintm »

adele, i have already come out in a post and said who i protected
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:50 pm

Post by Adele »

geraintm wrote:night 3, the obvious thing was to protect shadow again, but i thought that was too obvious, the mafia knew i had protected him the night before and would almost certainly do so again, so i moved away from the cop and went with someone who had been cleared by the cop.
A mite vague...
Norinel wrote:Well, this game is high-chaos, right? Could the exact wording of your PM be interpreted in such a way that there could be no cop?
I'll doublecheck, post again in a few hours.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:13 pm

Post by geraintm »

sorry, i thought i had written who i protected. i fully meant to. it was norinel
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Norinel wrote:Well, this game is high-chaos, right? Could the exact wording of your PM be interpreted in such a way that there could be no cop?
Now you're really trying to stretch it :roll: What would be the point of a back up cop with no cop?

As for today, I think the right plan is to have Adele hammer Norinel. If me and geraintm put our votes on Norinel..
Case 1: Norinel is scum
If Norinel daykills Adele, he will be lynched and lose. If Norinel daykills geraintm, it will be 2 to lynch with one vote on him and Adele can still hammer.
Case 2: Adele is scum
If Adele daykills Norinel, then the votes on him no longer apply. If Adele daykills either geraintm or I, then there will only be 1 vote on Norinel.

As far as I see it, daykilling can't mess up our strategy. I'm much more inclined to believe a Doctor role over a Deputy role although a SK Doctor does not seem entirely out of the question.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by Adele »

That's great, SL, from your perspective. But for me, I know I'm innocent and if I hammer Norinel then I'm betting the game on him being the SK. Obviously I'd prefer if gertaintm hammered. Do you have other reasons for trusting him over me, and if so, what?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:41 pm

Vote Count is coming up shortly.

.................................................................................
.................................................................................

While everyone in the center of the town keeps discussing who should be lynched, ShadowLurker suddenly drops dead onto the ground...

The remaining 3 people starts to think, "Oh no! The daykiller struck again!"

This has already become routine, so nobody even cares to look for who might be the killer because it's a lost cause...

Sadly, after ShadowLurker was fully identified, the 3 remaining survivors of DOOMsville mourn deeply of SL's DOOM...

ShadowLurker, protown day cop, killed Day 5

Role PM wrote:You are the Day Cop. During anytime of everyday, you may choose to investigate someone by sending who to investigate via PM. You will get innocent or guilty results.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:43 pm

It's time for the second Vote Count of DOOM :twisted:

Not Voting: Norinel, geraintm, Adele

Remember with 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch!
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:52 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Go town!

And this happened right in the middle of a nice long post >_< wasted effort :(
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:56 pm

Post by geraintm »

argh, 50/50 chance now

vote norinel

i just don't like his role claim anywhere near as much as adele's
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:25 am

Post by geraintm »

if i have lost this, it is because i said i was leaning towards voting norinel and adele thought i would still vote that way once the vig came in.
i think it was too obvious i was going to vote norinel, and i can't see why if norinel is the vig why he would have killed the cop. makes me doubt myself totally...
sorry all if i have lost the game for us
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Adele »

Roleclaims aren't everything. I'm not willing to hammer Norinel, possibly get myself blown up, and hang the game on whether the only survivor - geraintm - is town or scum. I'm worried that if he were the daykiller he may have done this to detract attention away from himself ande encourage a quicklynch. Prior to SL's death we may have been able to get Norinel to self-hammer and possibly get another try in tomorrow.

I'm going to reread, but the entirety of what geraintm seems to have contributed to recent discussions has been "don't look at me, I'm the doc I can't possibly be evil". I'd like to hear a
lot
more from Norinel.

Geraintm, why did you vote so quickly after the daykill? That looks worryingly prethought-out.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:31 am

Post by geraintm »

adele i am town. do you really think that i am scum? the number of scum in the game would be frightening if that were the case.
i voted quickly as i didn't expect anything else to happen in the game other than you and norinel to vote for each other, i didn't think you two would both vote for me. i think norinel is scum, have done for a while, no sure what it going to change my thinking on that.
did you want me to vote for you then?? is that what you wanted?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:20 am

Post by Adele »

Whoa! That's a very threatening reaction to a completely normal worry, geraintm.
geraintm wrote:do you really think that i am scum? the number of scum in the game would be frightening if that were the case.
Not if you're the SK instead of Norinel.
geraintm wrote:i voted quickly as i didn't expect anything else to happen in the game other than you and norinel to vote for each other, i didn't think you two would both vote for me.
So you wanted to be sure that it'd be me that'd do the hammering. You realise that if Norinel's telling the truth then I'd die too - and you'd win the game regardless of your alignment? In fact, if I vote for Norinel now you are
guaranteed
to win, so I don't understand why you're acting like this is all so upsetting.
geraintm wrote:did you want me to vote for you then?? is that what you wanted?
No, thanks. That'd be odd, if you think Norinel's the SK; in fact, either way that's a sub-optimal strategy for you. I'd've just hoped you'd be interested in talking things through a little bit more. You've put me in a position where I have to decide who I trust more: you or Norinel. Why don't you help me decide? Is the only reason why you trust me over Norinel because of the claims?

If, in theory, Norinel were to think you're more likely to be the SK than I, would you consider unvoting, letting me vote, and hammering?

And finally, you seem to think it's nasty of me to want to slow down and make sure we're taking the best path we possibly can, seeing as we're in LyLo (that, at least, is definately true of all three of us). Do you?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Norinel »

And to think I just blasted Adele for going out of her way to get an early vote on me. I suppose you two are equal in that respect now.

I think the best strategy here if you both think I'm more worth lynching is first for me to decide on the second choice, then have that person place the second vote on me under threat of lynch.

I'll do a full analysis on the history here as soon as I can; don't know that I'll be able to convince either of you on not lynching me, but I need to make a decision on who's going to survive.

For starters, you all understand why I held off claiming as long as possible, right? It both wouldn't tell us anything about the night game since I haven't affected it and would have left open the possibility of a trap today.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:41 pm

As you can see in my sig, I will be away on vacation from Friday ~ Sunday. It would be a miracle if I get a chance to post while in Daytona Beach :D

If a lynch is reach while I'm away, just sit back and wait til I come back.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Adele »

Norinel wrote:I think the best strategy here if you both think I'm more worth lynching
I'm not certain anymore that you'd be the best lynch if it weren't for your role; what your role allows us to do is effectively lynch two people, and if the third left standing is pro-town (which from an outsider's perspective is a 2 in 3 chance) then it's a town win, and if not, then the SK wins.

I guess a sensible course of action is for geraintm and I to present cases as to why we're town and the other's SK. You're a shoo-in for the lynch, so now it's a matter of seeing who's the sensible runner-up.

MM, don't hit an internet cafe on our account - what's an extra 24 hours? And it's not like we need your input to make any more decisions.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

i have to present my case?
so far the only person to have doubted my role as far as i can tell is adele. she seems to beleive that there is no doc in the game which must be the conclueson from her wanting norinel to have me vote second?
but if she thinks i am not the doc, then why isn't she pushing to lynch me straight away? to me that don't make any sense.

the more i think about it, the more i am swinging to adele being the SK.
as i said, why day kill the cop unless you expected me to vote for norinel?
and if adele is the SK< then that would make norinels role claim true, and adele then can't win by lynching norinel now because she would die.

adele, i am in the same situation as you, having to trust one of you or norinel, so i don't think you can complain too much about being in that situaion.

i think i have talked myself into doing it. i can't see a good enough reason that adele hasn't voted for norinel if adele is town.

unvote vote adele

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”