semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:23 am

Post by semioldguy »

Boost: MissTake

I like puns.

Boost: OhGodMyLife

Someone with that username sounds like they could use a boost.

Vote: Mufasa

He died in The Lion King.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by semioldguy »

The rules in the first specify that a player cannot boost himself. There is no such clause in the rules for this game, so I'd assume that you could.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:12 am

Post by semioldguy »

My random vote can now be considered a serious vote.

Unboost: MissTake
Unboost: OhGodMyLife
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:35 am

Post by semioldguy »

That's not necessarily true as you could have chosen a pattern that benefited your buddies instead of a pattern that didn't.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 am

Post by semioldguy »

EBWOP: Post 105 was in reference to 102.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 am

Post by semioldguy »

@ConsonantM
I didn't answer your lurking accusations because they were already addressed and I thought the accusation was baseless to begin with. I am in seven games (six as of a couple hours ago). Not every time I am logged into the site am I able to update in every game.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:46 am

Post by semioldguy »

Wiirdo wrote:NOTE: Also, am I able to edit a post, as it's much easier than waiting for someone to reply and then post.
No, editing your posts is against the rules in any game on this site.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:56 am

Post by semioldguy »

ConsonantM wrote:Yet u were online 4 HOURS and STILL failed 2 comment.

THAT seemed like lurking 2 me.

Not an adequate response; i still have concerns over Semi.
I wasn't sitting online for four consecutive hours. I was on and off the computer for most of last night as I was doing other things too like showering, walking to Ralphs to buy groceries, cooking and eating dinner.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Prod received. Rereading and I will try to get a post up by tonight, or sometime tomorrow if not tonight.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:38 am

Post by semioldguy »

Kise wrote:M called you a lurker. True or false?
It’s been largely true in the majority of my games this past week, not just this one. I’ve made less posts this past week in all of my games when compared to my usual amount of posting. When I only have 10-15 minutes at a time to read and post, quickly looking at all my games I am going to choose the one that I can actually read and post during that 10-15 minutes. This game (as well as Death Note which I have also been horribly inactive in) haven’t been games that take 10-15 minutes to catch up and post in due to the amount of posts and the massive length of posts like ConsonantM’s.

@ConsonantM
I know for a fact I couldn’t have been on for those four hours straight. I always leave my browser open, it’s still on at home even when I am currently at work. Times when I am at my computer, posting on this site is not ever the only thing I am doing. If I have to I can find and take a picture of the receipt from buying bread, muffins and pumpkin pie at Ralph’s when I get home which has the time printed on it from during those four hours, proving that I couldn’t have been online that entire time.

When you quote-respond to this, please keep all complete sentences intact when you quote them.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Kise wrote:Yes. Show us the receipt.
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/semioldguy/IMAG0015.jpg
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:07 am

Post by semioldguy »

Prod received. I have had no internet at home for several days, am at work and will catch up/post during lunch and/or breaks.

Apologies to all.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Sorry. Work today has been hectic and I am working through my breaks and was not able to catch up in all my games. I hope to get a chance to update either tonight or tomorrow morning. If there are any questions you have of me, please ask and I will try to get to them first.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:51 am

Post by semioldguy »

As posted in my other games yesterday, I unexpectedly lost my internet last week. I am back and catching up.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:33 am

Post by semioldguy »

Through to page 21 at the moment, and will be posting every few pages as I go.

I don't like ConsonantM coming only to say that he won't be posting in this game. Saying that he has been working on a post, but then going back and saying that he didn't work on it at all despite being online to do so. As in all my past two games with Mastin, I don't like his style of quoting in his posts, and I think his posting is anti-town as it is hard to follow and seems to commonly misrepresent.

I dislike Kise's playing dumb in general and not picking up on the need to boost two more people on Day One.

Sajin seems to have a level head about things thus far and doesn't seem scummy to me. Likely town in my opinion that if boosted would use any potential abilities well.

Boost: Sajin
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:59 am

Post by semioldguy »

Through page 24 now,

I agree with Sajin about spreading out the boosts so we don’t either superpower a scum player or paint a huge target on a potentially powerful town player. Plus the more boosts are spread out the more difficult it will be for scum to pick off all the town who have received boosts.

Strongly dislike Kise’s softclaim on page 22, and his full claim reeks in my opinion. It’s testable, but not in a way that the town would want to test. As pointed out by several, his claim is not very useful for his role by the way that he went about it. I also dislike his speculation about his own role and possible boost powers he might get. I don’t like Sir Tornado’s vanilla claim on the same page, as reasons for such were pointed out.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:27 am

Post by semioldguy »

Page 27, next post will be back to current page.

Obviously I would like to hear from BM
after
he receives his role rather than before.

Requested by Papa Zito when I wasn’t able to catch up earlier; my top scum candidates as of that post request are Mufasa (who was lynched), Kise and to a lesser extent Wiirdo.

I forgot Zwetschenwasser was in this game as I was reading. I find it odd how his posting isn’t as frequent as I have seen of him in other games. I don’t like how millar13 criticizes others and lumps himself into that same group. He looks bad since the final boost hadn’t been resolved yet when he was asking people to choose sides, when it had already been discussed multiple times why boosting needs to come first.

@ Sir Tornado and Miss Take:
Why do you find Kise to be likely town? I find him suspicious for his playing dumb when I know he is a better player and his poor handling of his role/claim.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:59 am

Post by semioldguy »

Cateraction’s explanation makes no sense as he says he is not voting for Mufasa because it has been decided that the boosts should be resolved first, which is a good reason, but his vote is on another player. If that was your reason for not voting Mufasa, then why hadn’t you already unvoted to reflect not voting until all boosts resolved?

millar13 seems very jumpy as the day comes to a close. Willing to help in letting the hammer fall on the player he doesn’t find suspicious and believing that it doesn’t implicate him at all is total crap. The actual hammer from millar13’s point of view was dumb as well, especially in light of his willingness through to today to jump onto a Mastin wagon when it forms. There was a Mastin wagon yesterday, what was wrong with that one if you were so sure that Mufasa was town?

Vote: millar13

_ _ _ _ _

I’d like to see more from Battle Mage. I liked his first post, but he hadn’t received his role at that point yet and I’d like to see him expand upon what he began in his first post a little more.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:59 am

Post by semioldguy »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Sir T claimed vanilla?
Yes, page 22.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:33 am

Post by semioldguy »

millar13 wrote:considering Mufasa was town you can normally count on good calls after-death
No. This is bad logic.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:54 am

Post by semioldguy »

millar13 wrote:The fact that you almost seem to be backing-up/coaching Cateraction but he ignores you, is quite a classic move.

You were bussing ConsM/Mastin, whilst Cateraction jumped off the scum-bus and jumped on the wagon.
Can you point out examples of these?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:59 am

Post by semioldguy »

I don't have a problem so much with the moving of your vote or when you did it. But the reason you gave for not doing it sooner would have seemed to me like you should have removed your initial vote earlier as there was also risk of ConsonantM being lynched prior to resolving all the boosts. If you were withholding changing your vote for fear of getting to lynch to soon it would make sense to me that under that same logic you would have removed your vote on ConsonantM who was also close to lynch.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:49 am

Post by semioldguy »

@millar13
If I am lurking in every other of my games as much as I am in this one, what makes it a scum tell for this game? The excuses I've used in this game I have used in my other games as well. Feel free to go and check my posting history/frequency in my other games relative to this one.

And how would I know that Mufasa was likely going to become a wagon before he even posted or before anyone else even voted for him?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Prodded and reading.

Of those who have said that they get a town read on MissTake, some of you aren't boosting her. If you think she is likely town then why aren't you?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 pm

Post by semioldguy »

EBWOP:
In my last post I meant of those getting a town read on
Kise
(not MissTake), and why aren't people boosting him who get town reads on him? (MissTake happened to be one of the ones getting the town read on him but isn't bossting him. Sir Tornado being another)
Porochaz wrote:Semi, I want at the very least clear opinions from you where you are in regards to the major cases in this game.
I agreed with the mufasa wagon on day one, which is why I kept my vote there, though I was not around at the end of the day when the lynch went through I wouldn't have taken my vote off of him at that point either.

As far as Mastin, the last two games I played with him He was lynched/killed on the first day, the first of which I was suspicious of him for some of the same things that others are suspicious of him and placing votes for in this game. What I am seeing in this game feels the same as it did in the other games where he flipped town. I don't like his playstyle at all, and I'd agree that he misrepresents often. I don't see a reason that he is scum much different from the cases put upon him in the other games where he turned out to be town.

cateraction and millar13 are on the top of my scum suspects at the moment (and I didn't miss your case tajo). I find millar13 to be scummier at the moment so I am voting for him.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:01 am

Post by semioldguy »

The only problem I have with BM's boost at the moment is that a lot of the content of his posts were admittedly written before he knew his alignment. I'd like to hear some analysis from him of whats happened since he's joined the game.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:46 am

Post by semioldguy »

Boost: MissTake

She seems town to me. Though I am
still
surprised that despite my pointing out that several people have been thinking she is town, not nearly all of them are boosting her.

I still like my boostvote on Saijin.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:56 am

Post by semioldguy »

@BM
What happens if we boost only one person and that player happens to be scum? That is putting the town way way behind. We are voting for people who we see as town, so it's not likely to happen that we are helping the scum more than the town regardless, but boosting more both gives us more information when players flip and increases our chances of having town power roles active and boosted as the game gets to the later stages.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:00 am

Post by semioldguy »

Mastin please boost someone in your next post. Some reasoning with it would be nice too.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 am

Post by semioldguy »

Ether wrote:Can you elaborate on your thoughts on Mastin and Kise? Not taking any initiative here.
I give thoughts about Kise in my ISO 14 and 15 and Mastin in ISO 24. What specifically would you like me to elaborate on?

I don't believe Kise's claim, And I don't see the speculation about his own role as protown, as if he is trying to attract a boost to himself. I disliked his playing dumb prior to the claim and I especially don't think playing dumb is the way a paranoid gun owner should seek to play to begin with.

I dislike the way Mastin plays in general, but the reasons I see people voting for him here are largely the same reasons he was being suspected in the last two games I was in with him where he flipped town in both.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:46 am

Post by semioldguy »

Misrepresentations
Posting infrequently (besides from the beginning of the game)
Not actually answering posts directed at him
Huge scum-suspect list
OMGUS-ery
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:02 am

Post by semioldguy »

Ether wrote:Answer my other two questions as well.
What other two questions?
Ether wrote:Link to a game where he lurked for two weeks as town after being run up for a claim.
He hasn't that I am aware of.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (isolation #32) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:28 am

Post by semioldguy »

(1) I did say my opinions before you asked me... in my ISO 14 & 15 for Kise and ISO 24 for Mastin. My opinions in my post after you asked me were the previous posts restated, I thought your question was sarcasm from not having remembered/seen my previous posts.

(2) Top suspect list in descending order:
millar13
cateraction
Kise

(3) Two weeks is an exaggeration, it's only been one week since he was run up, which I don't feel is out of character for him. If he continues posting and ignoring it for much longer I would say that it isn't in-character for him.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (isolation #33) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Ether wrote:Under what circumstances would you think Kise is town? Do you think I could be wrong about Patrick's modding style?
If there was some sort of investigation or mod confirmation of his role I would believe him. Though with the role he has claimed that seems unlikely to happen. If his play starts and continues to appear much more pro-town I would be more inclined to believe his claim.

I think it's possible you could be wrong about the mod using that role. I don't really know anyone on the site like others of you seem to, you have a better idea of what Patrick would be more likely to do than I would.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (isolation #34) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:15 am

Post by semioldguy »

Battle Mage wrote:As i said above, boosting 1 player a day is preferable, as we'll take it far more seriously, and the boosted person will have for more attention on them, if they are scum. Plus, if we boost 1 person, we are statistically less likely to boost scum, then if we give 3 boosts. I guess nobody is gonna bite here, but i stand by my judgement.

BM
Does this mean that once someone is boosted you aren't going to boost-vote any more people for that day?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (isolation #35) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by semioldguy »

"Mastin" and "brief" are not a match.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:02 am

Post by semioldguy »

Battle Mage wrote:Lol, i thought boosts were distributed during the day? Surely a role cant give players boosts in the night phase, as that would be the same time boosts are being used. Seems pretty odd to me.

BM
The last Boost Mafia had a role that distributed boosts during the night phase, so I don't see why it wouldn't happen again here. That doesn't keep Mastin's claim from being a load of BS though.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (isolation #37) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:06 am

Post by semioldguy »

@Ether
You only have two boosts now that the first one was resolved and your two are already on MissTake and OhGodMyLife, you can't also be boosting Battle Mage unless you unboost one of the other two.

I also don't like the boosting of Battle Mage currently as I don't think he has contributed much to the game, aside from posts where he admits to making the analysis before knowing/reading his role.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (isolation #38) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:24 am

Post by semioldguy »

Battle Mage wrote:why do you think his claim is false?

BM
Mastin isn't brief by any means and I would expect any claims from him as town to follow suit of past town claims, which are super elaborate, point to breadcrumbs, etc. His being brief also just doesn't fit with him in general. This claim was not that at all. His role also does not match up with the kind of roles given out to town in the previous Boost Mafia game, and although this isn't the most solid reasoning as the way roles work aren't necessarily going to remain unchanged, I still find it to be a point against his claim. Also apparently what Ether just said in 1145, though that was not part of my initial reasoning.
Battle Mage wrote:to add to this. Did Mastin play in the first game? Would he have any way of knowing of the existence of this type of role? Did Patrick say the role was a success when he used it last time?

BM
No, I don't think he played in the first one (neither did I). Anyone could read through the first game and know all the roles from it. Porochaz even linked the role list from that game a page or two back.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:32 am

Post by semioldguy »

Ether wrote:Semioldguy, why are you boosting Sajin?
I thought that he was pretty logical and agreed with the way he thought boosts should be handled. I felt that he was likely town who would use a potential power well if he had one. He has been V/LA much since then and will be for several more days. If the day is going to end soon, which it looks like it might, I would prefer to boost someone else today and save him possibly for tomorrow as if Sajin does have a power he may miss his chance to use it during this upcoming night phase due to being V/LA.

(I didn't miss your question the first time. I am at work at the moment and can only get to a little bit at a time.)
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:46 am

Post by semioldguy »

Battle Mage wrote:"admits"? You make it sound like a such a bad thing. If anything, it's a sign of outright open-ness of character.
It's not a bad thing that you admit to that if it's true, what concerns me is that you haven't done much of that sort of analysis since then.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:55 am

Post by semioldguy »

Let's get two more boosts done so Mastin can be lynched for his fake-claim. If you aren't boosting please explain why you are not boosting.

Mod: Round of prods please

There has been very little activity the past few days. Sir Tornado, Cateraction, Battle Mage, MissTake, Kise and Mastin all have not posted in more than three days. Ether, Kmd4390 and OhGodMyLife are almost to the three day mark.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Porochaz wrote:Why are people not boosting tajo?
I am not currently boosting him because he was boosted yesterday and other players feel protown enough to me have who not been boosted that I don't feel it necessary to go back to already boosted players yet.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Porochaz wrote:
semioldguy wrote:
Porochaz wrote:Why are people not boosting tajo?
I am not currently boosting him because he was boosted yesterday and other players feel protown enough to me have who not been boosted that I don't feel it necessary to go back to already boosted players yet.
like who?
Like the two players I'm voting for boosts, Sajin and MissTake. My concern that Sajin would still be V/LA into night isn't necessary any longer since he is back in a couple days.

@MissTake
You said the other day that you had a neutral read on Ether but would be reading games she linked to help your decision on her. What in your reading or since then has changed your view from neutral to willing to boost her?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Pretty much everyone is boost-voting, and twice in most cases. We just need to come to a better consensus as for who to boost. I am guessing of the Kmd4390 boosters you all are not opposed to multi-boosting the same player twice early in the game? I am against boosting populartajo or Kmd4390 for reasons already mentioned in the thread as they were boosted yesterday. I think there are enough pro-town-appearing targets to not have to centralize power which could either be wasted if they don't have boosting capabilities or wasted because scum kill them tonight because they are attractive targets with potential power. If you disagree with this stance, would you mind explaining how you see it or why you are okay with re-boosting a player?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:41 am

Post by semioldguy »

Unboost: Sajin

I don't really understand why your boost remains on Kise when it seems clear he will not be getting boosted. Further, since you've said you feel that Ether is town (although tunneling) I don't see why you wouldn't switch a boost to her. This is suspicious to me, especially considering your stated stance on boosting. In this game boosting someone is a clear representation of your thought of a player as town, much like normal voting is an indication of who you think is scum. As such, when players are saying they find another player scummy without voting for them I become suspicious and I think the same would apply for the boost votes and townie-ness.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (isolation #46) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 am

Post by semioldguy »

Sajin wrote:@semi- I think a bunch of people are town. Just because I think 1 is town and they happen to get a couple of boost votes does not mean I should automatically switch. That view is like saying oh someone got a few votes so they should automatically be wagoned. Thats ridiculous.
I don't think that those are the same thing. Just because someone is getting wagoned does not mean you should jump on. But thinking that someone is town is entirely different. If Ether was getting wagoned and you didn't think she was town it would make sense for you not to hop on the wagon, because you don't think she's town. However, by your own admission you think she is town. What reason do you have for not wanting to give a boost to a player whom you think is town aside from that player having already gotten a boost, which does not apply to Ether?

I never said you should automatically switch because someone got a couple votes. I am surprised you aren't switching to a player who you see as town without providing a reason for keeping your boost where it is.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (isolation #47) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:47 am

Post by semioldguy »

Kmd4390 came out behind in that exchange.

Boost: Ether

Unvote
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (isolation #48) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Ether wrote:
Post 1333, Semioldguy wrote:Kmd4390 came out behind in that exchange.

Boost: Ether

Unvote
Why did you boost me over this in particular? What are you implying about Kmd?
I didn't boost you because Kmd came out behind. It was an observation that he didn't look good based on the exchange. The day was dragging on and I don't feel that you are scum, I have a neutral leaning slightly toward town read.

Vote: Mastin
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (isolation #49) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:50 am

Post by semioldguy »

As mentioned in my other games and Pm'ed to the mod during night, I will be V/LA until the 8th. I have my laptop (and phone) with me so I may be able to make a few posts during the week if time allows and will do my best to keep up.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1520 (isolation #50) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:22 am

Post by semioldguy »

Please stop the speculation on Sajin's target and the claiming of it.

Boost: Sajin

Further boosts could help confirm his role and also make it more useful without further speculation as to what he might gain.

Boost: zwetschenwasser

Mostly gut feeling that he isn't scum. His posts/suspicions don't feel like scum-zwet.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:41 am

Post by semioldguy »

Mod: If a vanilla role received a boost during nighttime, would that player be notified of getting a boost despite it having no effect on that player?

Can we be sure that MissTake's role actually gave out boosts?

Even assuming we can be sure of that, there is no way to know that MissTake boosted someone each night (or if she had more than one boost to give regardless). We can't know if any of the players she boosted have since been killed. If MissTake chose to boost someone, it doesn't confirm that player as town. Do we assume that her role would be the only town role to give out boosts? There is much more potentially wrong with handling these boost claims as confirmation, but I don't see it going anywhere but becoming pointless speculation and distraction. Confirming other players in this way is not entirely reliable, nor do I think it to be wise. Too much speculation is involved in my opinion.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (isolation #52) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:47 am

Post by semioldguy »

Kise wrote:
semioldguy wrote:Why do you find Kise to be likely town? I find him suspicious for his playing dumb when I know he is a better player and his poor handling of his role/claim.
You're referring to the game I was scum?
I am referring to games in general, we've been in a couple together and I've read yet a couple others that you were in. The game you were scum in though is a mark against you in this case though, but it wasn't what I was referring to then. I think that your playing dumb (admittedly and intentionally) is not how a paranoid gun owner would be likely to play, regardless of whether or not Ether believes the mod would never use the role.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:48 am

Post by semioldguy »

Prod received, quickly catching back up.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:05 am

Post by semioldguy »

Zero
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:49 am

Post by semioldguy »

I have no explanation for why you would think it is me. How would you not know which of us is lying to you?

Either you are lying or Porochaz is (or you have incorrect sense information). Still haven't read the between pages yet, but based on yesterday I am more inclined to believe you than Porochaz.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 am

Post by semioldguy »

Sajin wrote:Thank you very much porochaz. I need SOG to claim now. Then I will tell you why.
Now that I've read I'd like to see this explanation as well.

I saw millar13 as scummy, korejora hasn't done anything to rectify that in my mind. Porochaz seems slightly scummy to me more recently, partially due to his overreaction to OhGodMyLife.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1700 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:14 am

Post by semioldguy »

There really isn't anything to defend from, I have zero boosts (private and public), and an explanation of your ability isn't going to change that.
Sajin wrote:Why would you not support me getting possibly incriminating or verifying information? I am happy to share it in public. If I was scum, would I not want to keep this information to myself? I am trying to verify people here.
The above quote is not in line with your current behavior.

Boost: zwetschenwasser
He is still boostworthy.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1705 (isolation #58) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:45 am

Post by semioldguy »

@Sajin
I disagree. What makes you think the inconsistency is with me?

I'd like to hear what others think of withholding both his current information and how he is also now ignoring the result claim he was trying to get yesterday.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1708 (isolation #59) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I will be on limited access until Sunday.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (isolation #60) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by semioldguy »

zwetschenwasser wrote:semioldguy, are you going to say anything?
Empking wrote:Is semi still here?
Did anyone read that I'd be gone until Sunday?

Vote: Sajin

Why would I have been your target?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:03 am

Post by semioldguy »

@Sajin
Yes I would mind if you saved it until endgame, because you are lying and hiding yourself keeps me from being able to point us to that lie and save the town from a mislynch today. If you weren't lying you shouldn't of had any problem sharing your reason, knowing that yours was the truth rather than stalling so you can create a fake reason that sounds plausible. If you did have truth on your side, you wouldn't have anything to lose from sharing your reasoning.

Even if you did have that ability, you wouldn't be trying to get boost-claims from town players as it has nothing to do with your now changing claim. You are lying about your claim and when it becomes obvious you are lying you modify that lie for your own benefit.

If you were so sure I was guilty, why wouldn't you have pressed that issue sooner and harder?

You are lying about your role. Cops don't get guilty results on innocent players. Nothing from your claim has been proven, it is all fabricated and only more obviously so the more you refuse to give anything concrete.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:08 am

Post by semioldguy »

Scum-reads:
Sajin
Cateraction
Battle Mage

Neutral reads:
Empking
OhGodMyLife
Porochaz
Korejora

Town reads:
zwetschenwasser
Kmd4390
Ether
Shanba
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2402 (isolation #63) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:20 am

Post by semioldguy »

My inactivity at times was due to being out of town more than expected on weekend (and slightly longer) business trips, which all of my games suffered from during that time. A couple times I didn't know they were sending me until the day before.

It was difficult for me though because I knew that I couldn't play to be the last mafia standing due to my role since it didn't look like I would be getting two boosts to become a normal goon.

When Sajin initially claimed between myself and Prorchaz having an extra boost between us I was confused because I knew Sajin was lying about his role/ability, but I obviously couldn't prove it without condeming my partner and myself.

Kind of disappointed at all three of my scumbuddies' fake-claims. I thought I had a decent claim ready for myself had I not been an investigation target.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (isolation #64) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:33 am

Post by semioldguy »

Yeah, but I don't have the link to it anymore.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”