DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:20 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

It's been so long since I voted for chamber.

vote: chamber
for old times' sake.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:53 am

If yours is funnier, you can have it.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:06 am

OMG

Sarcastro is the Master.

He has caught scum on Day 1, as evidenced by MBL's smarmy squirming.

Twelve players, seven to lynch, he has four votes already. I'm tempted to put him at five but not until we've had more discussion to help us nail his buddies.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:16 pm

bluesoul wrote:I'd also like to hear more on DGB's thoughts on MBL, and whether she has serious thoughts on him or not.
Actually I like to play with Mr WhiteWhiskers quite a bit, and consider him a great player. Why else would I have shot him down right out of the barn in Space Pigs (please accept my insincere apologies, MBL ;-) )?

Sarcastro is a very astute player as well, so I thought it'd be fun playing along with the possibility that he might have caught scum on page 1. But hey, the game is young, maybe he did.

PJ is a Mafia hero that I try to emulate so clumsily that my efforts often go completely unnoticed. No matter how much I try to use numbered lists, logic continues to escape me. Need I add that I am totally awed by his post above? After catching up on the game, I was very surprised that my top of page 2 post was considered "damaging." It's not like I voted. If there was anything at all serious about that post, it was the reminder of how many players were needed for a lynch, and how many votes had already been cast for MBL.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:06 pm

petroleumjelly wrote:
Unvote: Bluesoul, Vote: DrippingGoofball
Hey, that ain't nice.

Just when I had decided not to drive you crazy in this game the way I did in Thespival.

May I beg to be entertained with an explanation for your vote?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:41 am

petroleumjelly wrote:You managed to butter up three people in the game with a single post.
I know, I'm sorry I didn't have enough butter to butter up every one else.

I don't remember saying that MBL couldn't be scum because I enjoy playing with him, to wit:
I wrote:Sarcastro is a very astute player as well, so I thought it'd be fun playing along with the possibility that he might have caught scum on page 1.
But hey, the game is young, maybe he did
In fact at the moment my favorite scum candidates happen to be (1) PJ for defending me with explanations as clever as they were long, then voting me without a word of explanation and then providing a "reason" as gratuitous as the ones he was condemning others for, then (2) elvis for buying into it. Caveat: I'm not sure how likely it would be for two scums to both go after a townie, one after the other. Thus I will refrain from voting either for now.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:04 am

bluesoul wrote:...so what's wrong with stating that DGB, assuming both conditions are met, may have hampered the town's efforts?
Are you kwayzeee?

All I said, on top of page 2, and I paraphrase myself, was "OMG could it be that Sarcastro has found scum on page 1?" - then I expressed a humorous intent to vote MBL, but mostly, I reminded the players that he had 4 votes and 7 were needed to vote. I also added as a joke that I wasn't going to vote yet, to pin down MBL's buddies.

How this has been misconstrued as "hampering the town's efforts" is causing me to bang my head against the wall until it bleeds.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:09 am

Bluesouls seems to jump from extremes of helpfulness to historical records of kraplogick.

vote: bluesoul

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #106 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:34 pm

bluesoul wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
bluesoul wrote:...so what's wrong with stating that DGB, assuming both conditions are met, may have hampered the town's efforts?
Are you kwayzeee?

All I said, on top of page 2, and I paraphrase myself, was "OMG could it be that Sarcastro has found scum on page 1?" - then I expressed a humorous intent to vote MBL, but mostly,
I reminded the players that he had 4 votes and 7 were needed to vote. I also added as a joke that I wasn't going to vote yet, to pin down MBL's buddies.

How this has been misconstrued as "hampering the town's efforts" is causing me to bang my head against the wall until it bleeds.
Emphasis mine. Odd that you didn't make either point until this long after the original post.
I did make that point, in my
THIRD
post of the game, not only that, but in the post immediately following the post about MBL:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 19#1152419

Once again you are misrepresenting people.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #107 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:37 pm

petroleumjelly wrote:Come again? If you think either EK or myself are scum, why would you then vote Bluesoul without pointing to an in-game reason?
I did point to an in-game reason right next to my vote. He alternates between helpfulness and kraplogick/misrepresentations. So far you are guilty only of misrepresentation.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #176 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:32 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:
FOS: bluesoul
Why?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #184 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:02 am

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #185 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:05 am

Ether wrote:DGB, what are your thoughts on Bluesoul, and MBL's interactions with him?
The scumbags no longer can claim Mason, that's for sure. That whole bit about percentages was a total red herring argument. There is no way this argument was about an actual scumtell, it seemed very contrived and planned. Bus'ing is definitely a possibility here.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #186 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:17 am

Patrick wrote:DGB: I don't get the timing of your bluesoul vote. The bit you quoted and called kwayzeee was something bluesoul had said more than once already, and he was only repeating it as part of defending himself. Why the hypereaction only now?
I'm not sure I can recall correctly how my brain worked on that day. It's one thing to mention the possibility, to get a discussion started, but to hang on to this twee, reaching idea like a pitbull on a ham bone and going on and on about it endlessly was just too much to be town behavior. I didn't view it as defending himself as much as I viewed it as pushing an idea. Do you think I misread him on that last part?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #188 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:45 am

bluesoul wrote:And we would have no reason to bus each other day 1 with no provocation and no prior suspicion. If you think it's "definitely a possiblity" you're out of your mind.
Hey, day 1 is the best day for bus'ing.

Right out of the gate.

Of course without provocation or prior suspicion. That's how you can tell bus'ing apart from scumhunting.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #189 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:46 am

^^^^^^

I'm not 100%.

But I think I actually made sense. Independent verification required.

>;p

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #190 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:46 am

EBWOP, er, not "100% SURE."

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #193 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:58 am

bluesoul wrote:Also what are your thoughts on 185?
Personally I like MBL's "time out" in 191.

MBL, what's the diff between indignant town and indignant scum?

MBL, how can you tell fake from true scumhunting from PJ? I desperately need to improve my meta on him. Please help.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #195 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:42 am

petroleumjelly wrote:DrippingGoofball. So far I have found her "suspicions" even less credible than usual.
Less credible than in Thespival? Woooooow-weeee...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #203 (isolation #19) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Sarcastro wrote:
bluesoul wrote::roll: Right. MBL and I contrived and planned a random argument about percentages that was eventually refuted by the other party...when? At night? There hasn't been a night.
How do you know whether or not the scum were allowed to talk before the game started?

OGML, please explain what it is that you expected to me to comment on and why not commenting on it makes me scum.

Anyway, DGB is scum.

Unvote, Vote: DrippingGoofball
Explain how your noticing this about bluesoul: "How do you know whether or not the scum were allowed to talk before the game started?" doesn't lead to a vote for bluesoul?

I'm just curious with your thought process here.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #204 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:56 pm

Er, I just read bluesoul's post, I guess he noticed the same thing I did...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #206 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:15 am

Sarcastro wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Explain how your noticing this about bluesoul: "How do you know whether or not the scum were allowed to talk before the game started?" doesn't lead to a vote for bluesoul?

I'm just curious with your thought process here.
See above. Why people think I was calling Bluesoul scum is beyond me. Why on earth would asking him a question lead to a vote for him? Don't you think I might want to know the answer to the question first?
I understand what you're saying, but if he knew whether the scum were allowed to talk before he game started, wouldn't that mean that he's scum? Maybe I didn't understand what you're trying to say then.

Bluesoul hasn't answered the question, though. Or did he, and I happened to miss his answer?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #235 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:02 am

Nice rebuttal, chamber, but what is your opinion on MBL's alignment?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #239 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:24 am

MBL, while reading your case on Patrick, I was exclaiming, in my head, "brilliant!" "OMG!" "I could never catch so many tells in a million years! What a stellar string!"

"I'm totally voting Patrick now!"

Then YOU don't vote Patrick.

Erm, why not?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #241 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:12 pm

Patrick wrote:I'm not entirely sure he was making a case against me, it seemed more like a balanced analysis of my play. If you think he was, and he pointed out so many good tells, why didn't you vote me? It kind of feels like you're asking for his approval, in a way.
It looked like a case against you. You don't think it was?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #259 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:03 pm

elvis_knits wrote:I like chamber.
You're not buttering him up now, are you?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #263 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:23 am

elvis_knits wrote:DGB, anything else to add to the game?
Yes.

First, more butter.

Second, people are talking, which is nice, but we're a bit slow on the voting. I'd prefer more voting, as in, putting your money where your mouth is. 'Cuz talk is cheap. We want real actions that we can weigh on later on. We're just going in circles at the moment. We need more wagoning.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #266 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:29 am

elvis_knits wrote:Interesting. You said nothing about who you think is scummy.
That wasn't your question.

With the anemic wagoning and voting I have trouble getting a grasp on things. I tend to look at people's actions rather than their words, especially on Day 1.

And now to answer your question, the only player that I find scummy is bluesoul. And even him, only borderline scummy. Everyone is looking pretty townie right now.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #269 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:36 am

Thanks for the vote, I consider that progress.

This being said, I am voting for bluesoul even if on mild suspicions to keep things happening. I have found no reason to switch my vote.

I am also not going to let myself be bullied by you. It so happens that no one really jumped at me. You can twist it any way you want, but I'm not scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #278 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:34 am

Who has considered the possibility that I have a power role?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #281 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:27 am

Patrick wrote:Please respond. I should probably explain that I found Post 239 fairly opportunistic, and I don't see how it's a townie thought process. It strongly implies you'd have voted me if MBL had, and didn't because he didn't. The follow up soon after which says you only find bluesoul even slightly suspicious baffles me more than I find it scummy, but I want to understand the thought process there too.
I'm getting bored here. Anything I do or don't do is interpreted as scummy. It's getting old.

I made a mental note to watch the two of you for evidence of bus'ing.

I'm still not sure what to make of that incident. MBL makes a case against you, does not vote you, I found THAT to be scummy. So no, I wasn't going to vote for you. That didn't jump at you as being scummy??? And then you react by claiming this was not a case against you at all. I've never seen that kind of behavior and I don't know if you're townies caught in your own pointless verbiage, or if you're scumbags trying to set up false trails for later confusion.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #282 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:28 am

And what's OPPORTUNISTIC about it, Patrick???

I didn't vote. I didn't trust MBL. Show me the opportunism.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #290 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:18 am

chamber wrote:Id be happy with dgb claiming after that post of hers.
I'm sure you would.

I too have issues with PJ's questioning.

First, PJ put a KRAP vote on me. Then elvis followed suit. What was the reason? Ah, I was "buttering up" to players, never mind that I find myself pleased to be playing with such a good crowd (though somehow this has turned into my least favorite game, go figure).

PJ just asks question after question to a slew of players, but he never unvotes me. So, what's the point of his annoying questions? His vote is parked early on on the leading wagon, nice place to hide. It's not like he's changing his vote over the "information" he's getting, I'm not seeing any thought process whereby he's drawing any conclusions whatsoever. It's like he's asking questions for the sport of pressuring players, and with all the complicated questions and all the answers he's getting, he's happy to keep his vote on me for "buttering up" until the cows come home. Am I the only one to see anything wrong with that?

Or are the rest of you continue to totally dismiss everything I post as scummy, so why am I wasting my time? I'm starting to thing you just want to get rid of me because I'm DrippingGoofball and no one cares about actually making an effort to truly assess my alignment.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #291 (isolation #33) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:22 am

bluesoul wrote:278 ("Who has considered the possibility that I have a power role?") irritates me on several levels.
Argh, just lynch me already. Heres's a good reason: I now I want the scum to win. Really. The scum is walking all over us.

I see a bunch of people getting caught in trivial, but lenghty verbiage, everyone speaks smart but no one draws any conclusions, except the easy lazy ones. You have some players that chime in "DGB must die" "as long as DGB dies today" and you're just going along with it.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the town isn't playing and letting itself be carried by the scum.

Enjoy the ride, you deserve to lose.

Now go ahead and lynch me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #293 (isolation #34) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:41 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:My ass we deserve to lose. Find us the scum and explain why they're the scum, and you won't get lynched.
Right. Brilliant suggestion, MBL. There isn't a single thing I said that people haven't jumped on as being scummy, from my second post onward. You want me to "find you scum" or "get lynched." Like any of you have given me one inch of wiggle room to hunt scum. And having a role where a good strategy is not to draw mega-attention to oneself.

Get lost.

Just lynch me.

And here's my goodbye kiss to you.

unvote, vote: MrBuddyLee
- here's your scum on a silver platter. Maybe I don't want YOU to win after all, scumbag. DIE SCUM DIE.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #296 (isolation #35) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:45 am

elvis_knits wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:what is the point of soft-claiming like that?
Lynch me and find out.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #297 (isolation #36) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:46 am

bluesoul wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:what is the point of soft-claiming like that?
Lynch me and find out.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #316 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:37 am

Lynch me.

I know it's unconventioanl, but it's BETTER for the town if I'm lynched without a claim. You'll have more clues tomorrow, trust me. When you see my role, you'll get it.

Hammer and enjoy.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #317 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:47 am

Here's a tool...

*** whistles while she waits ***

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #319 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:20 am

Bluesoul, do it. You know you want to.

I suspect deadline is far enough away, it appears that the mod won't cut us off without Elias having contributed sufficiently, and confirming the IH and OGML situations.

Don't use deadline as an excuse, scumbag. Come on. Look at that plump, colorful tool I have provided you with. Don't you just want to grab it and hammer me?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #322 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:41 am

bluesoul wrote:If your vote is on someone and you haven't built a convincing case, you're suspect.
You'll find a few such on my present wagon.

I hope you guys have a more productive day tomorrow.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #392 (isolation #41) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:43 am

Dont quite hammer yet.

There are things I must say before I go.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #393 (isolation #42) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:49 am

First of all, yes, I've been purposely keeping away from the game for a number of reasons. In no particular order, I feel that my presence has been detrimental to the rest of you finding scum, and that being put in a situation by some players where anything and everything I say is labelled 'scummy' hindered my own ability to properly observe other players' interactions and scum hunting.

I have stood back, yes, but all along I've been reading with keen interest to see what might develop. By not letting myself be dragged into a series of useless defensive posts before my lynch, I have gained an outsider's perspective on the game, if you will.

After I'm done, you should still hammer me, because it will be most important for you to know my affiliation. But at least I want to leave the game giving you as many tools as possible to find scum later in the game.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #394 (isolation #43) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:06 am

I have an analysis coming for each and every player.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #395 (isolation #44) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:45 pm

First, our lurkers, Elias and IH. 'Cuz the easy ones first.

IH has 7 posts in the game. Four of these seven posts contain excuses or no content at all. One actual post every five of days. These posts are reasonably sized, with some content, if a bit rambling and fuzzy but maybe that's my understanding.

Now, which players have called IH out for lurking, which haven't, etc?

MBL - quite aggressively.
Elvis - after MBL wrote: "elvis: "i like chamber", nothing on elias or IH"
pablito actually likes IH. In fact, pablitoo twice mentions how much he likes IH's post #159. pablito says: "I get this argument about everyone connecting everyone else together. In particular, e_k in 222." HOWEVER, pablito points to a post by OGML but not a post by IH! Even though pablito likes OGML's post, he actually says that OGML is on his radar, and IH is not!!! Interestingly, pablito is calling out Elias for lurking, but not IH. Why the unequal treatment?

This is uncharacteristically sloppy work by pablito. I want to know what he thinks of IH. And while he's at it, I want to know what pablito thinks of OGML.

Like pablito, Patrick also calls out Elias for lurking, but not IH. In this post,, Patrick makes what can almost be construed as excuses for IH's lurking. He later says: "I don't think any of them would make a good lynch today; I do think they need more heat early tomorrow so that they stop disgracing this game." Why not today, why tomorrow? What does he expect to change? Patrick does get townie points for pointing out that MBL seems to label IH & Elias as town for "no particular reason."

bluesoul complains about the lurking, he gives no names, but is willing to vote me for lurking and not claiming even though I've "lurked" far, far less than either Elias or IH, neither of which have responded satisfactorily to any pressure.

Neither IH or Elias have voted. IGMEOY, FOS's, top suspects, but no vote. That part I don't get. It's clear that Elias is not even following the game, but IH at least pretends to. Yet he has no found cause to park his vote somewhere.

I want it on record that some players are letting these two get away with lurking and not voting, and happily jumping on my wagon.

More to come, I have to decide who's next.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #396 (isolation #45) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:35 pm

MBL is townie-town-town. Which he would be regardless of his alignment. He recently fooled me quite thoroughly in mith's latest game but I can't really find flaw in his play here either. He's going to drive me crazy all game that way.

More to come.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #398 (isolation #46) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:02 am

Now that I've indulged in analyzing the two easiest players (I'm not counting MBL because he is way too wily for little old me to figure out), I'm going to move on to one of the most complex figures in the game.

Yes, I'm going to tackle elvis.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #399 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:47 am

Elvis:

Ether picks up on elvis' stiffling discussion by dismissing's MBL 'first content in the game.' Elvis immediately agreed that the criticism was correct.

Very, very early in the game, in post #41 to be exact, elvis imediately puts bluesoul on the defensive by asking if he thinks MBL is scum. It feels like a trap, because being this early, there's not much that bluesoul can answer that couldn't be misinterpreted as scummy. I note that he made a wishy washy answer and ducked successfully.

Again prematurely, there's this very scummy post:
elvis wrote:Patrick... MBL thinks you had ulterior motives to starting bandwagon on him. You have never addressed these concerns. Explain.
It's scummy because she's using MBL's argument/attack to herself attack Patrick while looking like she's supporting MBL, without having to make the argument herself, and being protected against a counter-attack from Patrick because heck, it's MBL's argument, not hers. This small little sentence is manipulative on a great many levels. It smacks of scum. Now let's see who pickedk it up and who let it slide.

Patrick didn't put up with it and voted elvis in the next post. Elvis responded in what I believe to be an indignant tone: "And that makes you want to vote me?" So here I have to consider the possibility of distancing. Interestingly, Patrick's take on elvis's post is a bit like mine: "Not in itself, you just seem to be on the sidelines a fair bit." Indeed, I agree.

Sarcastro, OGML and PJ totally ignore it. I'm not sure how to interpret it, but it is noted.

Elvis' next move consists in voting for me for "buttering up three people in a single post" - a quote by PJ. So once again, elvis shields herself from attack, counter-attack and criticism by hiding behind another player's action.

Once again, Patrick call out elvis, pointing out that she's not commenting on players' alignment (though I will add that she herself demanded it of others), and that she hangs on to details that are not relevant, and she recognizes are not relevant.

So either Patrick is bus'ing elvis on he's on her case more than anyone so far.

Finally in this post she relents and answers some of Patrick's questions. I can't put my finger on why, but the whole post reeks of post hoc. However she puts a lot of effort trying to ward off Patrick's attacks. This diminished the probability of bus'ing, in my book.

Also, she rails a lot against MBL, who I cautiously put on my town list in the game. I have to think about that. She wrote: "Patrick, now that you have forced me to pay more attention to this game I am realizing how much I don't like MBL." Then she unvotes me, and votes MBL. Hmmmmm...

bluesoul ignores the elvis issue, alons with Sarcastro, OGML and PJ previously, I'm adding him to the list. MBL FOS's elvis. I have to confess that I would have felt more comfortable if he'd voted elvis outright.

PJ finally addresses elvis in post 104 - shockingly by announcing that he's FINE with elvis' catch up posts. How could an intelligent player like PJ buy this? Were they that good? I'm not seeing it.

In post 105, elvis does bring up a good point against MBL.

At last OGML has something to say on MBL vs. elvis - OGML attacks MBL and ignores elvis.

Brilliant, Ether picks on "Why hasn't anyone but Patrick ever so much as commented on this?" about elvis. Yeah, that's a bloody good question.

Elvis responds to Ether's challenged with an other sneaky couter-attack in post 114 where she asks: "why do you still have a problem with the question I asked Patrick?" which is kinda worded like "when did you stop beating your wife?"

Sarcastro makes a substantial post and again ignores elvis, but places MBL on his suspect list.

elvis's 153 is pure unadulterated squirming. Look at this wishy-washy, say-nothing sentence: "He had a point about me not being involved enough, so, yes, he could be scum, but not necessarily." Yep. Everyone could be scum, but not necessarily. What a way to plump up a post without saying a thing. She's answering to MBL, and this time she's serious with it, she doesn't seem to hid behind other players the way she started the game.

In post 158, elvis produces this little gem to chamber: "Care to explain what you believe is strange and why that brand of strangeness = scummy? And why you vote bluesoul over MBL if they are both strange?" What??? I know she's beating the drum against MBL (though she's very very willing to vote for me too), but she quickly object to a vote on bluesoul. At this point I don't think elvis is bus'ing MBL. She's overdone it, to qualify as bus'ing.

As an aside, OGML makes 3 posts in row. None of them have an opinion on MBL or elvis. Nope. He's seeing what no one else is seeing: "Sarc, PJ and Ether" What??? Uh??? Elvis and OGML share some friendly non-game banter.

PJ still comes in and ignores elvis vs. MBL. PJ does it again. And again.

I'm up to page 10 with elvis. More to come.

SO far, Sarcastro, OGML, bluesoul and PJ -
totally giving elvis a free pass in the game.

And who was voting for me at that point in the game? petroleumjelly, bluesoul, Sarcastro, Patrick, elvis_knits. Elvis herself, and two of the player that keep giving her a free pass, Sarc and PJ. OGML is off the wagon. Speculation: if elvis is scum, she's scum with OGML and one of Sarc and PJ.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #401 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:16 am

Elvis, cont'd

Patrick keeps on the elvis pressure.

Really I'm surprised that elvis didn't rally more votes, I do think that the players attacking her are NOT bus'ing (and I see bus'ing everywhere). That would mean that, if she's scum, the buddies are steering clear of any nascent wagon, preferring to hop on mine, or to abstain. Hmmm. I'm beginning to think godfatheriffic here, a scummy player who appears not to be bus'ed, yet plays aggressive.

Somehow elvis managed to put Patrick on the defensive. Once again, not indicative of bus'ing by Patrick.

Later Patrick asks elvis what she thinks of PJ. She answers sitting on the fence. Recall that PJ studiously ignored elvis at every corner: "I don't have a problem with him. I haven't played with him in a long time, so there I'm not really going on meta at all. I just haven't read any of his posts and thought it was BS, or thought he was trying to be manipulative."

In this post, elvis is protecting PJ, while denying Patrick's accusation that they are connected. Meanwhile, PJ continues to either ignore elvis or give elvis a free pass like he's done all game.

Elvis, who's willing to hammer a supposed supersaint, chickens out and votes Patrick, her dogged attacker. Later, she accuses MBL of derailing my bandwagon, something she just did herself! All the while crying to be the hammer. Hmmm.

Now FINALLY, PJ says something about elvis, but ONLY after MBL voted for elvis. Coincidence? And what does PJ do? He sorta defends elvis kind'a.

In the meantime:

unvote, vote: elvis_knits

NEXT PLAYERS IN THE GOOFBALL GRINDER: the ones that are giving elvis a free pass: Sarcastro, OGML, bluesoul and PJ (pablito). The rest (lurkers Elias and IH excepted) I consider townies for now.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #407 (isolation #49) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:25 am

I note that PJ/pablito, who's been giving Elvis a free pass all game, unvoted me, but did not vote Elvis. Just a note for my files.

Right this moment I'm about to tackle Sarc.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #410 (isolation #50) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:44 am

Y'allright.

Sarc comes right out of the gate aggressive and blustery, going after MBL with much gusto right out of the holding pen. When these things happen out of the vacuum of day one, my keen if murky brain immediately tingles with the possibility of bus'ing. Interestingly, after the initial jokey pursuit of MBL, Sarc continues to hammer MBL relentlessly. That is unusual.

I note this post from Sarc "PJ, please stop trying to blind us with logic." Mostly because both Sarc and PJ are among the players giving elvis the daily free pass.

Then he write: "Since Ether asked, my top three suspects are MBL, OGML, and DGB. Acronyms are scummy. Except for PJ, who's obviously town, because even if he's scum" OK- that's kinda joking, once again. Note an exception is made for PJ.

Then suddenly, after a lover's tiff with OGML, another player that gives elvis a free pass, he bolts, decides I'm scum and firmly plants his vote on me. After that he makes a few quite lenghty posts dripping with indignation against bluesoul. But he forgives bluesoul, and maintains his vote on me. I must highlight this in my notebook.

chamber also noted this, called Sarc for it, then Sarc says that he tried to get a reaction but felt bluesoul was in fact not scummy, it's all very weird.

Later he posts some fluff, says I should die, and fluffs off again.

Sarc is not his usual astute self. He seems the be posting stream of consciousness, or perhaps stream of scumminess garbage. I no like.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #411 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:45 am

Next: OGML

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #412 (isolation #52) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:49 am

OGML mentions elvis only once.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 36#1161236

It's like elvis does not even exist for OGML in this game. Isn't that a s-t-r-a-n-g-e non-relationship between two players?

I haven't even started with OGML, but this was to cute to delay.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #414 (isolation #53) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:37 am

OGML, who has ignored elvis the whole game, starts out by voting Sarc, another player that's giving elvis a free pass. After Sarc makes a witty joke about bus'ing ("I know how tempting it is to protect your scumbuddy, OGML, but sometimes you're just better off bussing. This is one of those times."), OGML answers: "I'm not a particularly clever guy so I think I'll just stick to whats simple and keep voting you. "

Next on OGML's agenda is to join in on the anti-MBL sentiment. He also sees a Sarc-bluesoul connection. Mmm... if OGML is indeed bus'ing Sarc, it looks pretty good for bluesoul being town. Later on, OGML produces this gem: " Sarc is the one making it look like a connection." Mmmmm...

OGML writes: "I have a pet theory brewing that there's something going on between Sarc, PJ and Ether." Yes, I noticed something between Sarc and PJ, too!

Then, not much. OGML hasn't posted since Aug 3. But still voting for the player he voted for at the random voting stage. Interesting, isn't it?

So far... elvis, Sarc, OGML are looking pretty scummy. Next, bluesoul and PJ.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #417 (isolation #54) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:48 am

Not quite so cute as him ignoring your existence; he mentions you in non-game related banter only. Otherwise, you don't exist for him.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #418 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:59 am

bluesoul is a harder one to pin down.

He's all over the map. Mostly waging an uphill battle against MBL, and a downhill battle against me. He voted both MBL and myself.

This is all he ever says about the controversial elvis, and I really like the "it's not quite hot or cold, or black or white, it's kinda tepid and grey, but not quite."
bluesoul wrote:As for Elvis, last night I managed a full re-read of the game and elvis is now creeping up my scumdar a bit. A lot of that's been due to more recent posts as opposed to earlier in the day. Somewhere between an IGMEOY and a FOS, but not enough to convince me she's lynch worthy at the moment.
bluesoul has much more to say about PJ and Sarc and even OMGL than he says about elvis. So I'd say that out of Sarc, OGML, elvis and bluesoul, bluesoul is the least scummy, but he might just be more clever.

Plus, I haven't examined PJ yet, though I do remember agreeing with an analysis I read from someone else.

So, last but not least, PJ/pablito is next.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #423 (isolation #56) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Good point, elvis. IH and Elias are lurking, but OGML did not call either out for lurking.

Chamber's play has been so completely lukewarm that I totally forgot he was playing.

I'm placing Ether in the same category as MBL right now. While I was reviewing the other players history she repeatedly struck me as quite townish, except for that last point brought up against her. Still not in the same category as Elvis, Sarc, & OGML.

Maybe I'll check out chamber now. I'm really sorry kiddo. Maybe you need a flashier avatar, or start posting in capital letters or sum'thin'.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #424 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:25 pm

elvis_knits wrote:Also, talk about giving someone a free pass.
This is MBL we're talking about. He's playing a perfect townie game. With most players it means they're town. But with MBL, I'm not sure what that means regarding his alignment.

Meanwhile I'm sufficiently satisfied that we have enough solidly scummy players today for a good lynch.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #427 (isolation #58) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:07 pm

Alright. chamber.

chamber starts with votes for bluesoul and patrick, none of which seem to be part of the elvis axis of evil. Then chatters with MBL and Patrick, blah blah, votes bluesoul again.

Then, elvis pokes chamber a little too much, and chamber reacts: "The amount of explanation I've been giving this game is already over the top, I don't feel like giving any more. In short figure it out for yourself, and/or vote me. Either way its up to you." I sense genuine exasperation through the fog of the wording.

chamber is torn, insecure, unsure, hesitant, wavering... here's another one that tries very hard to be neither hot, not cold. He uses words like "perceive" and "feel" a lot. Also, wimpy lowercase "I".

Nothing here jumps at me as being overly scummy here. But I will make an effort to NOTICE chamber in the future. Maybe I should drink real coffee instead of decaf.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #428 (isolation #59) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:10 pm

elvis_knits wrote:What do you make of MBL's convenient chopping of people's quotes?
I do that all the time myself for the sake of brevity and increasing the chances that people will actually read the quote. If I remove something I'll usually replace with with the [...] convention. I don't see that as scummy, sorry. If you find anything else scummy about MBL, I'm all ears, though.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #429 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:43 pm

PJ:

Sarcastro wrote "PJ, please stop trying to blind us with logic."

Elvis votes me for the same stupid reason as PJ, starting a fresh wagon on a player that will be easier to lynch than MBL, which was Sarcastro's initial call.

In post 81 PJ was successful in putting Ether on the defensive.

As an aside, IH wrote: "PJ- After all of those large posts I also think it's slightly strange that you instantly switch your vote to DGB for her buttering three people up. Was your vote just not that deep (as I felt it was implied), or do you consider that a much larger scumtell than what you had found?" Which I find to be a townie reaction to PJ's actions.

Elvis is VERY defensive throughout with suggestions that she might be connected with PJ.

This is what elvis says about PJ: "I don't have a problem with him. I haven't played with him in a long time, so there I'm not really going on meta at all. I just haven't read any of his posts and thought it was BS, or thought he was trying to be manipulative."

But now, THIS is the post that nails the whole PJ contribution better than I ever could:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32#1181932

Here, PJ analyses 3 players. IH (the lurker), OGML and Sarc, two that keep ignoring elvis.

Methinks PJ is another candidate for the axis of evil.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #430 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 pm

I don't think I did Patrick yet. He doesn't strike me as urgently scummy, but I will take a close look, I might have missed something. His pursuing of elvis re-assures me. But I shouldn't let that blind me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #434 (isolation #62) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:58 am

Are we reading the same game? Patrick's is among the players calling out of elvis' scummy actions the most. He's practically been after her all game... why would he need an explanation now? Just read his posts, it's all there.

You may not like how I tie in elvis with other players, but what jumps at me is how some players are after her quite aggressively (Patrick and MBL) but others completely ignore the issues that the two are bringing up. It's unusual, I noticed it, I have to include the data in my calculations.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #447 (isolation #63) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:06 pm

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #449 (isolation #64) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:56 pm

pablito wrote:DGB, where did I ever say that I agreed with your analysis on e_k?
Uh? I said that???

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #494 (isolation #65) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:50 pm

I'm around, just waiting for the replacements to catch on, CBD, Elias...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #518 (isolation #66) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:55 am

bluesoul has been keeping a low profile and has not posted since Aug 11.
Same goes for Sarcastro, since Aug 13.

Elvis won't self-hammer.

Elias and pablito will have to stop being chicken shitte and vote for somebody. I find players that abstain from voting scummy. Both have been around and should park their vote where it counts, not in no-vote limbo.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #527 (isolation #67) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:46 pm

pablito wrote:DGB - are you basically saying that you want someone to hammer now? You seem awfully excited about that possibility.
[...]
DGB - Try convincing me why I should vote. It won't work, but I dare you to try.
This has to be among the most ridiculous things I've ever read. What are you saying?

"I'm not gonna vote, nener-nener-nener, you can't make me, your mother wears army boots! I dare you, if you try, I'm gonna tell the teacher!"

Seriously, scumbag. Somebody has to convince you that you should vote in a mafia game???

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #528 (isolation #68) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:50 pm

bluesoul wrote:I think one of the other invitational games had the same scenario, mneme the vote-leader deflected to pooky, the wagon got back on mneme who was in fact lynched as scum. I'm not equating the playstyle but I am equating the scenario and I'm not sure when exactly DGB stopped being the best lynch for the day. I'm not going to fight this particular wagon but I am going to be inspecting it rather closely, along with the original DGB wagon.

FYI: Not volunteering to self-hammer isn't scummy. Just sayin'.
Who said not volunteering to self-hammer is scummy? That's not me. You showed up only long enough to make things up.

So you're saying that the first wagon in another invitational game was on a scumbag, so I must be too? Hey you forgot that the first wagon was on MBL, how about that? That's your argument?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #530 (isolation #69) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:37 pm

Yeah, all I said was that elvis won't self-hammer. Where do I say this means anything regarding her alignment? You ARE making things up.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #536 (isolation #70) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:53 am

bluesoul wrote:Refusing to selfhammer isn't indicative of anything other than the refuser isn't a moron, so why bring it up at all unless you think it's telling of something?
Because I was looking at who wasn't voting for elvis for their motives if she turns up scum or town? I included her too for humor. Geez.

If you think anyone can me made to look scummy when they're constantly on the defensive, how come that excuse only works for elvis? The case on her is not even about being over-defensive. I have a feeling you're not really paying attention. Hmmm... food for thought.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #543 (isolation #71) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:18 pm

elvis_knits wrote:Also, I blame MBL for the dissolution of the DGB wagon.
He will be vindicated. He will have a parade. He will be the toast of the town. You will seethe as you watch it all from afar, within earshot of bugles and the off key din of the drum corps...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #544 (isolation #72) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:19 pm

^^^
Sarcasm is scummy, just to beat you all to the punch.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #545 (isolation #73) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:21 pm

bluesoul wrote:
Patrick wrote:
bluesoul wrote:Refusing to selfhammer isn't indicative of anything other than the refuser isn't a moron, so why bring it up at all unless you think it's telling of something?
I think you're reaching here.
That's fine. I'm not asking for agreement.
Erm, we're the ones who are going to judge whether you're reaching or not, and we're the ones who are going to decide whether the reaching is part of a case that makes you lynch-worthy. Whether or not you are asking for agreement is not relevant.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #548 (isolation #74) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:49 am

bluesoul wrote:Those are pretty big words when this goes back to a statement that you allege was made in humor so try getting off your fucking pedestal. Nobody else here is going to vote me because they disagree on the principles of self lynching.

FYI: Not volunteering to self-hammer isn't scummy. Just sayin'.
You're a funny one. You're still making it sound like someone said that not volunteering to self-hammer is scummy. No one did. Of course no one is going to vote you on 'principles of self lynching' because that's not what it's about. It's about you misrepresenting people's words to create suspicion and fuel a momentum against them.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #583 (isolation #75) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:50 am

bird1111 wrote:How is not voting scummy?
Not voting is a way to avoid scrutiny, it makes your record harder to track. Opinions are talk, but votes are actions.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #585 (isolation #76) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:32 am

Which parts? Your post was a long one and I'm bound to forget something.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #594 (isolation #77) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:51 am

elvis_knits wrote:Can we talk about how MBL said it would be ridiculous/impossible to have a SK in a minvitational, and I was stupid/misdirecting for suggesting it? Because Minvitational 8 had a SK.

I really think the SK is most likely to say there's no SK in the game.

Also, I blame him for the dissolution of the DGB wagon.

And where is he lately anyway?

unvote; vote MBL
Ugh? What's up with that?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #595 (isolation #78) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:53 am

bird1111 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Which parts? Your post was a long one and I'm bound to forget something.
All the points against you should be in the section under DrippingGoofball.
This bit?

"DrippingGoofball: Really do not like her throwing in the towel. Do not find it scummy. What I do find it scummy is her buttering up people, making a mountain out of a molehill in 98, and post 188. Also don't like her emphasis on people not voting. All that and the fact that I don't believe she is a SuperSaint, means I'm going to Vote: DBG"

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #599 (isolation #79) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:14 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:What I do find it scummy is her buttering up people, making a mountain out of a molehill in 98, and post 188. Also don't like her emphasis on people not voting. All that and the fact that I don't believe she is a SuperSaint, means I'm going to Vote: DBG"
Buttering up people, come on, with myself as an exception, the caliber of players is very high in this game. You find this scummy - you're entitled to your opinion, there's not much there to refute. My sentiments were genuine, but that's meaningless.

On the other hand, I always view non-voters with suspicion. The rest I've already addressed.

If elvis can accuse MBL of derailing my wagon, perhaps I can accuse you of derailing elvis' wagon? Just wonderin'

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #603 (isolation #80) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:42 am

* Who are your top three suspects in order, and why?

I have FOUR.
Elvis (for reasons I've explained at lenght), PJ (for reasons I've explained but another player made a much better case that I support), Elias for scummy slacking. Also bluesoul, also for reasons I've explained, but it seems no one feels the same way I do about him, so maybe it's just me.

* If DGB is not in that top three, why?

She's awesome.

* If elvis is not in that top three, why?

She is.

* Is there anyone who's skating to D2, and how can we get more info on them ASAP?

MBL has already named them all.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #608 (isolation #81) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:57 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Get lost.

Just lynch me.

And here's my goodbye kiss to you.

unvote, vote: MrBuddyLee
- here's your scum on a silver platter. Maybe I don't want YOU to win after all, scumbag. DIE SCUM DIE.
What was this all about? Why did you feel so strongly I was scum at the time? You seem fairly convinced at present that I'm town.
Mega OMGUS

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #625 (isolation #82) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:30 am

Well if we're not going to lynch elvis, might as well lynch her buddy:

unvote, vote: Elias

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #638 (isolation #83) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:19 am

Ooo, I love those matchmaker.com questions!
bird1111 wrote:If you don't think that you are nearly as good as the other players, then why do you think you are here?
'Cuz I'm all over the site? It's not my talent, that's for sure.
bird1111 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:On the other hand, I always view non-voters with suspicion.
Examples?
Good grief, I'm not about to build a meta on myself for other players, I just do, and I have for a long time.
bird1111 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:The rest I've already addressed.
Don't think you've explained why you think scum are likely to bus right out of the gate.
I don't know why they do it; but I've been scum often enough to have observed buddies doing it over and over again. After I noticed the pattern, I started to look for it. Day 1 is more important than you think - that's when bus'ing is in high gear.
bird1111 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:If elvis can accuse MBL of derailing my wagon, perhaps I can accuse you of derailing elvis' wagon? Just wonderin'
How did I derail the Elvis wagon?
'Cuz you're pressuring me right now and not elvis? Because you did not vote elvis, unvoted elvis, or voted another player? One of the above.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #639 (isolation #84) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:26 am

elvis_knits wrote:I find CDB much scummier ATM. He replaced in and did a reread, finding DGB scummiest, and not really seeing a case on me, but when he saw that others were against me, he changed his tune. He even uses DGB's analysis (who he says he thought was scummy) as a map to see if I was scummy. It makes NO sense to use a scummy player's analysis to base your next suspicions on.
That's exactly what Elias did.

How come it's scummy when CDB does it, but not Elias?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #643 (isolation #85) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Elias_the_thief wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I find CDB much scummier ATM. He replaced in and did a reread, finding DGB scummiest, and not really seeing a case on me, but when he saw that others were against me, he changed his tune. He even uses DGB's analysis (who he says he thought was scummy) as a map to see if I was scummy. It makes NO sense to use a scummy player's analysis to base your next suspicions on.
That's exactly what Elias did.

How come it's scummy when CDB does it, but not Elias?
Your case was bad. There were scummy things that Elvis did, but you picked up on few of them. Thats why I've "changed my tune".
The question was for elvis, not you.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #651 (isolation #86) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:35 am

Elias has killed the game.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #658 (isolation #87) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:23 am

HackerHuck wrote:I'm even more concerned about why that wagon stalled out.
Yes - why? I have a theory. What's yours?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #666 (isolation #88) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:38 am

pablito wrote:DGB, I'm still interested to know what really got you on the Elias train despite little to no mention of your suspicion on him earlier.
I still think elvis is the scummiest player, but the wagon was going nowhere. Elias needed to be pressured after lurking for so long. Did we have much reason to suspect Elias earlier on? He frekkin' wasn't posting AT ALL. I would still rather lynch elvis today, but Elias is a good second choice.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #672 (isolation #89) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:43 am

elvis_knits wrote:You've never noticed that DGB is a free scum buddy?
True that, but THAT much????? :cry:

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #673 (isolation #90) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:50 am

Elias_the_thief wrote:So...I'm the second choice for lynch based solely on the fact that I came back from lurking? I mean, lurking is a scumtell to some extent, and it certainly isnt believable when i say that I wasn't lurking as a scum strategy, but is it really enough to make me number 2? Also, you voted me AFTER I came back. If your reason was that I was lurking, why not get a wagon on me while I was gone? If you really believed I was lurking as scum strategy, you should have been pressuring me. This makes no sense.
Plenty of reasons. A wagon on a totally unresponsive lurker like you were is a pointless waste of time. Now that you're back, after so much lurking, I want to welcome you with my vote. You've gotten a free ride so far, except for some lurker cries from several players, and your lurking history makes you more deserving of pressure to give us the chance of seeing your true colors. Sure, that can mean exaggerating the case on you; but if under pressure, you can satisfy me that you have a townie agenda, I'll be delighted to switch my vote.

Delivering on the promised analysis of bluesoul might help. Might.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #679 (isolation #91) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:22 am

elvis_knits wrote:I love you... I just mean that if you're acting scummy anyway (which most people acknowledge), there doesn't seem to be much sense in keeping you alive on the chance that we're wrong and you *might* be town.
Perhaps, but I'm not always scum or vanilla townie.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #681 (isolation #92) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Elias killed the game
again

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #683 (isolation #93) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:30 am

Why aren't we lynching him? Are there compelling reasons not to?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #685 (isolation #94) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:49 am

Elias does have a point. When are we to expect your Bluesoul analysis?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #699 (isolation #95) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:23 pm

I forgot chamber was playing... again!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #707 (isolation #96) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:52 pm

I like how he's reduced my contribution to merely "more scummy than elvis."

I can't believe that he hasn't found bluesoul a teensy bit scummy after his PBPA.

Let's lynch Elias, and find out for sure.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #720 (isolation #97) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Let me know when the mood strikes you to lynch somebody.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #722 (isolation #98) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:54 am

Let's make the race interesting. I'm willing to move my vote to elvis to see how the votes will move.

unvote, vote: elvis

Now, they're 4:4.

Either one needs 3 to be lynched.

GO GO GO

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #728 (isolation #99) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:46 am

elvis_knits wrote:@dgb and hackerhuck, what was tying up the wagons supposed to accomplish? Seems like it just pushes us more towards deadlock.
Quite the opposite, I want to see who people will pick, because that's going to be hugely informative latter in the game. It's better that the cowardly non-voters have a choice between two players, rather than just one.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #756 (isolation #100) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:53 am

Finally!!! Someone sees that bluesoul is scum. Amen!!! I thought it was just me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #822 (isolation #101) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:20 am

chamber wrote:I'm less talkative cause this days gone on for far too long. Everything that can be said has been imo and we need to move on.
AMEN

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #828 (isolation #102) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:23 am

pablito wrote:DGB, you say that, but your last significant action was the move your vote from Elias to e_k. Why be so hypocritical?

You created a situation where we started to slow down and reversed the trend of progress we could've had. Now that you've seen how the votes went...ie you voted and Huck decided to actually vote, what do you think of so called progress??
I consider THAT a good investment of time. It will be much more informative than if we pile votes of the Elias auto-lynch wagon out of weariness.

If things are slowing down, it's probably because the scum doesn't know whether they should bus, or vote for the townie. Thus the slowing of the wagon is indicative of one of Elias and elvis being scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #844 (isolation #103) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:49 pm

elvis_knits wrote:You conveniently ignore that fact that your wagon also stalled.
That's different than when having two equal-size wagons.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #847 (isolation #104) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:21 am

Please note that I will have NO INTERNET ACCESS between Oct 5-11.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #854 (isolation #105) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:09 am

Is it my imagination, or has no one switched their vote to elvis or Elias since I made them equal?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #857 (isolation #106) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:11 am

Patrick should vote.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #930 (isolation #107) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:43 am

Hi, I'm back from vacation. Will post tomorrow.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #937 (isolation #108) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:05 am

Maybe CDB and Ether are disappointed that we're on page 38 and no nearer lynching someone than we were on page 2.

We could wagon them for sport.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #954 (isolation #109) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:08 am

bluesoul wrote:Finding her more actions more protown than previously doesn't mean I can't still think she's scummy. She went from very scummy to just scummy and there's really nobody moreso at the moment.
I didn't know you could tap dance.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #956 (isolation #110) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:09 am

Lowell wrote:Lowell in the hizzouse. List of scum upcoming. If you want to plead your case, you best do it before I add you to the list.
tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #958 (isolation #111) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:06 pm

pablito wrote:Elias' PBPAs were meant to be boring, long lists that were extremely esoteric.
It was made to help himself find scum
, not to persuade others. [...] And that to me shows more evidence to his
lack of scumhunting.
At that point he tried to portray that he was looking, but he really wasn't. He seemed like he was going through the motions. That sounds scummy.
Seems to me that you're contradicting yourself.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #962 (isolation #112) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:54 am

pablito wrote:DGB, when you read the sentence after the ones that you bolded, I say that he tried to look like he was scumhunting but was doing it all for show. And for you to say that, especially when he did a PBPA on you and suspected you - I find it interesting that you say that he actually was scumhunting.
You're putting words in my mouth, scumbag.

I didn't say whether he was scumhunting or not. YOU said he was scumhunting, then that he wasn't.

You said he made the posts TO HELP HIMSELF FIND SCUM. Thus he was scumhunting. But then in the same breath, you interpret the exact same thing as a LACK OF SCUMHUNTING.

YOU make up YOUR mind.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #965 (isolation #113) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:33 am

elvis_knits wrote:I don't agree with pablito's read of Elias, but I also think DGB is misreading pablito here.

[...] But I don't think pablito contradicts himself.
Really. Really.

Your defense of pablito is noted, scumbag.

I'm looking forward to the opinions of other players that are not so high on the scum list as you are.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #972 (isolation #114) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:52 pm

I'm going to burst your bubble here. Mega-WIFOM I know, but Xyl's posts convinces me more readily of his innocence than it does yours. His perspective is original and refreshingly candid.

Elvis, I think you had an evil smile on your face when you typed the word "innocence" in the post above.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #983 (isolation #115) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Hey bluesoul, thanks for confirming that elvis is your scumbuddy.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1014 (isolation #116) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:55 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:
unvote, vote: DGB.
I am sorely tempted to ask for a claim for several reasons:
1) If DGB is town, scum already knows she's probably telling the truth and is prepared to target her for NK for hinting at a claim. It wouldn't endanger her further.
2) If DGB is scum, she will have to pluck out a specific role to fill out her claim, and either she will overlap someone else's actual role or her chosen role will reek of an attempt to pick a unique one.
3) If she claims cop and isn't counterclaimed, it will probably end the DGB lynch speculation here and now and we get 8 days to work on a proper lynch. She probably gets a protect at night.

DGB, I'm tempted to say it'd be protown of you to claim right now. What do you think? What does everyone else think?
Hey MBL, how come you're not asaking the same of elvis??????????????????
??????????????????????????

???

???????????

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1015 (isolation #117) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:59 am

Also, MBL, if I were cop, I would have claimed
that.
That would be a no-brainer.

But really. I'm intrigued with your vote. At a time when both myself and elvis have 4 votes, the fourth and most recent vote on me being from elviscum herself, you decide, out of the blue, to find a reason to vote for me and put me ahead in the count.

USING A CRITERIA THAT APPLIES EQUALLY TO ELVIS.

Really I'm utterly fascinated.

But mostly I'm not as sold on your townieness as I once was.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1027 (isolation #118) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:55 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:As for your comparison of yourself to elvis, she hasn't claimed. And I don't find her terribly scummy, though her recent posts have been weak and not really scumhunty in nature.
That's right, she hasn't. I believe she had the same number of votes when she REFUSED to claim as I did when I soft claimed.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1028 (isolation #119) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:56 am

Xylthixlm wrote:It's time to consider voting your second or third choice. Last minute lynches hurt the town.
I heartily agree, especially as it applies to the people that are voting for me, at least 3 or 4 of which are scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1029 (isolation #120) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:04 am

Elias_the_thief wrote:I want a DGB lynch because DGB is scummier, less useful to town (even if town) and the vote leader.
Really... Really?

Now we have another vote leader. YOU. You must also be scummier and less useful to the town.

It gets more interesting now.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1061 (isolation #121) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:31 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:That's right, she(elvis) hasn't (claimed). I believe she had the same number of votes when she REFUSED to claim as I did when I soft claimed.
I could be wrong on this, because it plays into WIFOM to some extent. But you used a softclaim to get people off your back. elvis didn't. So I feel like you would owe us a full claim more than she does.
Seriously, scumbag, in your heart of hearts, you don't actually think that. My spidey sense is vibrating from an intense jet of of MBL-manipulation pheromones flooding my sensilla.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1062 (isolation #122) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:34 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:You're a molecular biologist and economist. Please live up to your intellectual reputation and make a real case after three months. I don't get the sense you've really tried to figure the kid out, which could very well mean you're scum.
Coincidentally, my previous post points to my qualifications as a biologist. The economist in me says $1.57.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1064 (isolation #123) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:Arguments against each other will only show who's better at saving their skin.

Elias and DGB, if you knew you had just been hit by a 24-hour delayed daykill with no way to save yourself, what last words would you leave to help the town?
Kill elvis, kill MBL, kill Elias, in any order you want, but kill them and kill them mercilessly. If even one of them turns up town, drink bluesoul's blood.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1065 (isolation #124) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:40 pm

Look CTD, I'm willing to vote bluesoul too, but it would distract from my Elias vote. If you can convince two people to vote for bluesoul, I'm on board.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1067 (isolation #125) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:42 pm

bluesoul is on my list of power role haters and murderers: Elias_the_thief, Patrick, elvis_knits, bluesoul, MBL.

BTW, good observation, Xyl, and I do believe you have the chat experience to back it up.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1078 (isolation #126) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:16 pm

bluesoul wrote:So now it's MBL, Me, Elvis, Elias,
and
Pablito as scum? Or do you make it a habit of calling anyone that talks to you a scumbag?
I do. I tried 'darling' and 'honeypumpkin' but I had to put a stop to it - too many matrimonial offers.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1096 (isolation #127) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:15 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:So I'm not going to go with my gut just yet. I want pressure on DGB to make a case she believes in, so there will be something to judge her on tomorrow.
I'm definitely not going to allow myself to be manipulated by the player most likely to fool me into thinking he's townie town town when he may in fact be scummy scum scum.

I've reached that boiling point with you MBL and if I make another crap case it's going to have your blood all over it. And nothing would please me more to be judged tomorrow on a case against you.

Also, elvis.

I feel a strong reaction against MBL at the moment, but in the back of my mind, there is that voice. "elvis is scum... elvis is scum... doggone it elvis is scum..." She's just coasting now, trying to blend into the crowd, like goldilocks, not too hot, not too cold. That's not town-elvis.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1098 (isolation #128) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:09 am

Xylthixlm wrote:MBL's behavior makes sense if he is scum and knows DGB isn't.
My thoughts exactly.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1113 (isolation #129) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:36 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:MBL's behavior makes sense if he's vexed by DGB's softclaim and her failure to scumhunt.
I found you, didn't I? I'm like a precision missile.

And you are not vexed by elvis's refusal to claim, so get lost.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1116 (isolation #130) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:55 am

At the moment I think the towniest player is Xyl. Evis jumped on Xyl for something that was obviously town to me, but could oh so easily be construed as scum, I believed that was an opportunistic scum reaction from elvis-who-refused-to-claim-but-MBL-thinks-that's-OK.

Come on people. How can we not lynch elvis????

I give you the scum. Elvis, bluesoul, MBL, Elias, in that order. Well one of them is probably not scum but I can't decide which. I mean, MBL has just asked me point blank to "make a case" or unvote Elias. I find that extremely unsettling.

What I really want to do is to lynch elvis. I rarely feel so strongly about a player being scum. But now MBL is distracting me. He's sucking up all my "I want to lynch elvis juice" and it's becoming "but I want to lynch MBL too juice."

Argh!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1134 (isolation #131) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:57 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:So which scumbag contacted Xyl and asked him to replace into this game as their scumpartner?

Half joking...
Maybe you did.

Incidentally, Elias is slipping off my scumdar. Elvis isn't. Bluesoul is keeping a scummily ow profile. MBL has made his grand entrance.

Come on guys, it's Day 1, and we've got the scumteam. Let's lynch!

unvote, vote: MBL

unvote, vote: Bluesoul

And I picked bluesoul from the lot because it gives us a 3-way race and it'll be fun to see where MBL-scum places his vote, now.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1146 (isolation #132) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:40 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:

unvote, vote: MBL

unvote, vote: Bluesoul
It wouldn't shock me in the least if this is 0-for-3.
Oh, so you know I'm 100% right, and you are trying to discredit my exquisite scumdar? Endgame can't come soon enough, I'm itching to gloat.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1147 (isolation #133) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:45 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:Pussy.
vote: Lowell
MrBuddyLee wrote:ironic, given your avatar. I'd be down for a lowell wagon. unvote,
vote Lowell
I never caught that much of a scumvibe off Ether/Lowell, and to see the two of you scummy players leapfrogging to vote for him is not a point in either of your favor.

Just sayin'

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1149 (isolation #134) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:06 am

Xylthixlm wrote:
unvote Elias, vote Lowell
I don't know if I should laugh or cry... I think Xyl is trying to make me laugh.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1164 (isolation #135) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:33 am

MBL's standards for being convinced of anything are tainted by his belonging to a faction we call the 'mafia.'

I think Lowell's already claimed but I'm not 100% sure.

And look at the scummy timeliness of elvis's post 1157 on this very page! How is her being scum not obvious to everybody, I bang my head against a rock.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1165 (isolation #136) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:34 am

Forget bluesoul. Bluesoul can wait another day.

- for a historically scummy performance.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1171 (isolation #137) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:30 pm

elvis_knits wrote:MBL, please stop derailing wagons when people fart out soft claims.
...says the player who flat out refused to claim.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1172 (isolation #138) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:34 pm

elvis_knits wrote:What are you even saying here?

Why do you think my post 1157 was scummy timeliness? It sounds like you think I knew lowell was about to post a soft claim so I posted my evidence first. Only way that would be possible is if me and lowell are scum and can day talk. Do you think the scum can day talk in this game? Or do you KNOW the scum can day talk in this game because you're scum?
Are you insane, or are you just scum? Your scum daytalk insinuation is such a trashy tactic. You don't just sound like scum, you sound like desperate, manipulating scum.

Your sudden enthusiasm for an Ether/Lowell lynch burst into the game like firecrackers. You rushed to re-post some old stuff that you wrote. Considering that Ether didn't participate much, and Lowell just came on board, I'm shocked you haven't been tried, sentenced and lynched within a half a page.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1174 (isolation #139) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:07 pm

Dear trapped scumbag,

Thank for pointing out that I'm consistent, although more sanguine when it's directed at me, then at others whose alignment I do not know.

I hope you'll enjoy being lynched sooner than later,

DGB

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1182 (isolation #140) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:49 am

elvis_knits wrote:You still are not explaining what you meant by I had "scummy timing." You're clearly insinuating something about my timing should prove I'm scum. If I'm wrong, why won't you explain what you meant?[/b]
Only your death can prove that you're scum.

I did explain it. Maybe you just didn't get it, scumbag. I repeat.

The tiniest bit of momentum towards Ether/Lowell, and bam! You vote Lowell and rehash an old case against Ether and present it again. Considering that Ether didn't post much, was hardly scummy by any reasonable standard, and was just replaced by Lowell, I find that the TIMING of your vote and rehashed case is very scummy indeed.

Do you get it now?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1194 (isolation #141) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:02 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:And it's curious that elvis brought up an SK--it's a major point that flies in the face of her seeming towniness.
She's some brand of scum.

If it's a major point that flies in the face her seeming townie, why aren't you voting her? I am.

Is it because you're afraid of Xyl, who threatened anyone not voting for the current top contenders? What's your reason? Do you want to keep your buddy alive, but still look good after she turns up scum?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1199 (isolation #142) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:02 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:Now I'm positive you're not reading the game carefully, because xyl JUST said I'm the only person he sees as significantly pro-town. So why the fuck would I be afraid of him?
I did read that, and it did record in my fly brain. That doesn't mean you want to tee him off, and have him change his mind on you, like I did.

This being said you have not answered my question.

Answer please.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1200 (isolation #143) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:05 pm

bluesoul wrote:The only two people voting Elvis are the two people I'm most suspicious of. Given that I find e_k town the evidence of an Ether/Lowell-DGB link increases (the first instance was Ether defending DGB by providing a safeclaim). Combined with CTD on me, a CTD-DGB-Lowell scumteam seems possible.

Unvote, Vote DGB

Unofficial Vote Count: 7 to lynch.

Elias_the_thief: 4 (chamber, pablito, MrBuddyLee, Xylthixlm)
DrippingGoofball: 4 (Patrick, Elias_the_thief, elvis_knits, bluesoul)
elvis_knits: 2 (DrippingGoofball, Lowell)
bluesoul: 1 (CrashTextDummie)

Not Voting: 1 (HackerHuck)
OMG YOU ARE SoooOOOOoOoo scum with elvis. I love how you defend her, and put her main attacker in jeopardy.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1202 (isolation #144) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:16 pm

elvis_knits wrote:I'm scum with every player in the game, according to you.
Don't exaggerate. Not
every
player, but so far it
doe
s look like you're one of a 5 or 6 player mafia.

;-)

You're still scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1204 (isolation #145) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:25 pm

MBL, I've been thinking you're town, until some of your recent behavior that has made me uneasy. In summary, I thought, jokingly at first, "assume MBL is scum because he's so clever", then something you did or said put my mind at ease, then more recently you've made me very nervous. That's a pretty narrow interpretation of 'alternating' but so what if I change my mind; I have to go with the evidence that is presented.

I can see that you are polling the players in order to focus on ME, rather than Elvis, or Elias, to fuel my wagon as much as possible. This is noted.

You are not asking players' position on elvis' FLAT OUT REFUSAL TO CLAIM and the possibility of Lowell claiming has been forgotten. You have not explained your position.

==================

PLEASE - do not fall into MBL's trap. It's a trap. He is bloody clever, and he's elvis' scumbuddy.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1206 (isolation #146) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:I haven't read DGB's softclaim, so I'm a bit reluctant here, but my general policy is to always push for a fullclaim.
And what about total refusal to claim?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1207 (isolation #147) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:30 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:I haven't read DGB's softclaim.
I insinuated I had a power role of the kind where claiming would pretty much have the same effect as being lynched. Lynching me outright would be more informative then claiming.

Elvis has completely refused to claim.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1218 (isolation #148) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:48 am

Xylthixlm wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:And what about total refusal to claim?
Not claiming is better than a softclaim.
I hereby withdraw all previous hints. They may be true, they may be false, it's 50-50 so it's no better than nothing.

I REFUSE TO CLAIM.

:roll:

Isn't that better.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1219 (isolation #149) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:52 am

Xylthixlm wrote:This excludes every power role I know of, including every role in viewtopic.php?p=439892#439892. (I wrote that role list.)
Maybe you're looking too hard. Or maybe not. I'm doing like elvis and REFUSING to claim.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1220 (isolation #150) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:57 am

HackerHuck wrote:Personally I'm indifferent about her claiming, mainly because I've seen her throw out stupid fake claims as town before.
Hey! That was a BRILLIANT FAKE CLAIM. I assume you are referring to BM's President mafia. Come on. I drew the kill for the team, didn't I? My biggest disappointment is that the players didn't look harder for the players not willing to elect me with my fakeclaim, because it would have been so deadly for the scum.

IT WAS BRILLIANT!!!
BRILLIANT
!!!!!!

There was no downside.

And imagine if I would have been elected, how much info we could have gathered.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1221 (isolation #151) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:59 am

Yo let's see if Elias will claim.

- I maintain that elvis is way more scum than Elias though.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1222 (isolation #152) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:00 am

Elias is at L-1, FTR. Hey Elvis, care to hammer?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1228 (isolation #153) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:33 am

I'm not claiming, hammer me now.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1229 (isolation #154) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:34 am

Ask elvis.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1230 (isolation #155) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:40 am

Let me help you lose this game. Not that you need help. But 50 pages to lynch a power role on Day 1 and let the scum live, and pile up on my wagon is just too much. I feel like Haiku Mafia. It's like the townies are sleeping, and the scum totally controls the agenda. I like to see that kind of town lose, and let that be a lesson for future games.

DON'T

LET

THE SCUM

CONTROL

THE AGENDA.

unvote, vote: DGB

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1232 (isolation #156) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:41 am

Now I'm at L-1.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1234 (isolation #157) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:50 am

bluesoul wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I like to see that kind of town lose, and let that be a lesson for future games.
Voting yourself makes you the worst player (and sport) here, so your little tirade is pretty much irrelevant.
Exactly the reaction I'd expect from scum.

It's totally unbelievable, this happening, and elvis, not a single vote.

I am totally exasperated.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1236 (isolation #158) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:54 am

You lose.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1572 (isolation #159) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:06 am

When I saw that Elias was totally tunnel-visioning his accusations on his scumbuddies (really disheartening to see him zero in on pablito for no reason right out of the gate on Day 2, after focusing on me and pablito all Day 1), I knew we could only lose this game. I stopped reading.

We were a very, very bad scumteam.

I'm sorry we weren't able to challenge the town more. Elvis played a great game, at least for the part when I was playing ans still reading.

But I was lynched on Day 1, so I failed. Mind you, it would have helped with the scumbuddies would have turned the heat on another player instead of bus'ing. We were totally disorganized and off the ball.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”