Mafia 616 - Roleplaying Mafia - GAME OVER!

WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

/confim

Stepping forward with an air (no, not that kind of air) of bravoure, what people often mistake for arrogance while it actually is to make up for his insecurity, Theo Faast glanders on the group and starts talking. As no one really takes notice, he decides to wait until everyone is prepared and ready and not just busy with themselves.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:22 pm

Name: Theo Faast
Age: 42. Theo has always been quick and lively, although his age and circumstances in life have caused him to look more worn lately including crow feet round the eye.
Hair: Brown, sleek hair, in a fairly unnoticeable cut. White hairs started to show up in his sideburns just over a year ago. The state of his chin is depending on his shaving mood each morning, which results in a dark stubbly beard more often than not.
Eyes: Dark brown. Deep in thought the eyes go wandering, turning dull and lifeless. At other times, when Theo feels insulted (which, unfortunate to say, happens often), or if he’s trying to enrich himself, the eyes get a more piercing quality and can get in a intense gaze.
Clothes: Theo used to be a merchant, and he still dresses much the way he did when he ran his own store: bright and colorful. Most often this means a long-sleeved blue shirt, with a Bordeaux red sleeveless vest over it. The shoes are a bit quirky, with a brownish-orange color, and pointy curly nose. He keeps his hands hidden in black finger gloves. Don’t ask why.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:19 pm

While everyone was introducing themselves, Theo couldn't help a feeling of unease coming up. Some people seemed to hide more than they wanted to show, and some people showed more than what they actually should hide.

It didn't help that there was an unsettling feeling that destiny was playing with him. A puzzle, yes, and Theo was hoping he would find some pieces that would also help to fill in the gaps that were left in his memory...

Fylbrig could be fun. Who is Agatha Christie anyway? I don't think I've ever heard of her in whole Ealuard.

And Zilla Baldwin, dearest, what are you hiding under that monk robe?

Vote: Zilla Baldwin.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:18 pm

Okay, thanks for clearing up this in-character, and out of character remarks. It's good to get that out the way to make clear what everyone's posts mean.

Zilla didn't seem to notice that Theo was placing his attention on her. She started to talk with Autumn. Now, it was quite an interesting sight. The woman in monk clothes, opposed to the girl, (or should he say woman), who was a bit more revealing. Just when Theo decides to perhaps join for a cup of tea, Autumn seems to switch her interest to Doron. Probably he was no match for that guy, as Autumn seemed to be more interested in flirting, than she was in talking to a failed merchant over forty.

Theo didn't feel like talking to Eldred. Too loud, too arrogant. Theo pushed back the thought he didn't like Eldred because they could be a little bit alike.

Now perhaps was the time to get to know Zilla better. She seemed focused somehow, yet a bit confused. "Hey, Zilla, dearest. Can I get you something? I saw you looking at Eldred, had any business with him?"
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:30 am

As the messenger rides off, Theo realizes the grim situation the group is in. As the message was announced he slowly watched across the room, because no one seemed overly interested in him. Perhaps he was worse than he thought at interpreting people, or perhaps the group assembled was better than he thought at hiding.

Zacharias was still in the corner, trying to interact as little as possible. Theo thought of the situation and how he could use the messenger's announcement to draw Zacharias into the open. But Theo decided it wasn't yet time for that. No. There was another one who triggered Theo's suspicions. He already seemed to wanting to talk a lot, so Theo would give him something to respond to. 'Hey, Eldred, were you nodding to the messenger?'
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:37 am

Things were looking grim. The sun was setting, and the group was still not really a group. He liked the way Fylbrigg was addressing everyone, asking questions, but the responses stayed away. That said, Fylbrigg could easily be manipulating everyone.

Looking around he saw someone trying to talk to Zacharias. But Zacharias was still reminiscing, not trying to interact. That's it, Theo thought, he was either hiding too much, or not really of value because he didn't want to act and interact with the group.
Unvote. Vote Zacharias.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:23 am

I'm still a bit struggling with wanting to roleplay through this game. I see now that only, or mainly, roleplaying will not get us anywhere, because it's a bit restrictive in what you can get across regarding thoughts, suspicions, etc. That said, although I still think petroleumjelly's overuse of 'ooc' text detracts from the roleplaying somewhat, I think he genuinely wants to help town, and it is necessary to get the game along. Don't know what to think of Selande/The Fonz. Hopefully I have time to reread the thread early next week. Really not sure about ABR. Maybe it was just eagerness that let him pm The Fonz. I also don't know in how far we can determine alignment from person descriptions. Everyone seems to be mysterious in some way. For now, I'll leave my vote on ckd because I still think it's the easiest excuse to not really have to act and give input.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:58 am

I'm back from holiday, hope to reread the thread this weekend or early next week.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:16 am

Theo woke up slowly. It took some time to figure out what happened. Obviously two people died. The group remaining looked at each other suspicously, without saying too much. If evil stares could kill, then there wouldn't be much left of the party. Of all the people, Gloria looked the most paranoid and guilty. Her eyes were darting everywhere, at everyone.

Eldred was a shade of his former self the day before. What had happened to him, or what had happened because of him, that caused him to let go of taking the lead?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 am

Hiram started speaking at the same moment Theo woke up. He seemed to try and place the blame of yesterday's kill on Theo. 'Hiram, please,' Theo said, 'silent Zacharias turning out to be the good guy is utterly unfortunate; but at least he's not crying in the corner anymore, so we can get on with our bloody business. Fact is, Zacharias was the most mysterious factor to me yesterday, which in my eyes made him the biggest threat to our party.'
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:29 pm

Theo thought it was quite funny how Hiram drawed suspicion away from Gloria. It could be imagination, but the smile Hiram gave him felt a bit off. It was a smile of someone who saw his plan and plot in work, rather than a genuine smile.

'Look, yesterday we made a mistake. But it was not like we had a lot to go on. Decisions had to be made, and the sun was setting. As uninterested as we were in each other, and difused in our opinions, we were bound to get in this situation. It would have been more meaningful, if we'd have gotten a full majority. I think there were some out there just waiting for the night, keeping their hands clean.'
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:45 am

Althought Theo had been more quiet and relaxed than he usually was, which was somewhat strange considering the serious situation the party was in, Hiram did a good job in getting out Theo's more hotheaded behavior.

"Hiram, why do you keep hammering on things that can't be explained further? Someone had to die yesterday. If I'd know Zach was telling the truth, I'd have voted for somone different. Point is, I didn't know then. And I didn't trust Zach. The entire party seems like a marvelous mystery to me, but Zach was holding of the boat. And not in what he actually has done, or hasn't done. It's in how he presented himself to us. There's a difference in not (inter)acting, and saying you won't be interacting. The first is just bad behavior, of which I'm unfortunately guilty of myself, the second is presenting an excuse for your bad behavior. That's what made me trust Zach the least of our party. I heard his claim. He had to say something. Now, Deshaun somehow seemed to know for sure the claim was true. How or why, I cannot say, but I had no such certainty. What I'm wondering, Hiram, how come you're so focusing on this, but in the process you don't seem to have payed attention? You say Eldred and I are to blame for Zach's death. Did you not hear Zilla supporting his death as well? Sure, Zilla didn't make a fuss about it, but she uttered Zach's name as the target yesterday. That said, I think you conveniently try to place blame on the one who actually made something happen today, whereas I think the real culprits are laughing on the sideline because there hands are supposedly clean."

Theo had to breathe a bit. He had more to say, but wanted to calm down first.

Shadowgirl voted ckd in post 189, as the fifth vote for Zach. And I absolutely don't like mneme's posts 196 and 223. How could you know ckd was speaking the truth? Then afterwards saying it was wrong is just too easy.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:58 am

Either no one payed attention to Theo, of they wanted to take the things Theo said in carefully.

Theo himself was calmed down a bit, but was still agitated with Deshaun and Hiram. "Hiram, I hope you understand my point of view. To me it seems like you want to focus on things to keep the focus of other things. Deshaun, it's too easy to say 'I told you so'. In your case it would even seem you knew more than some of us did. Also, you've seem as absent as I have been today."

Vote Deshaun Dunkle/mneme

Theo had some difficulties shifting his focus, but it seemed he had to. Eldred and Gloria each had drawn their suspicion in the group in their own way. It seemed if they wanted to move forward, the choice was between the two of them. He and Eldred weren't too good of friends. Was it that he didn't trust Eldred? Part of it. But more and more it seemed Eldred and Theo were a bit too much alike. Eldred started great with motivating the party, but something might have happened to take him a step back.
And Gloria. She seemed to like Theo. But you never knew with Gloria. Sometimes it seemed Gloria liked everyone. You could say many things of Gloria, but she was one of the more lively party members getting things going. That said, she was quite erratic and her mind, and more suspiciously so her opinion, seemed to shift around a bit. Was she unsure?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:14 pm

How have I not answered your question, The Fonz? Could you ask it again please, to see if I have the right question in mind? I've explained my suspicions about Zach over and over now. It was not that he wasn't posting a lot. It was that the character was constructed in such a way that he could get away with it. Yeah, a character that only sits in the corner and does absolutely nothing and doesn't interact is going to help us... At the end of the day my vote still stood, because ckd/Zach was still the most suspicious. What would be the other option? It wasn't like other people got something. And in hindsight a no lynch would have been better than a townie lynch. But that's hindsight. A no lynch would have been bad yesterday. We would have the same problems as yesterday, and less information.

Now, you only focus on the two (or so you say, but there are actually three; you conveniently leave Zilla out of this) that were on the lynch yesterday that weren't NK'ed. I've seen these deadline lynches before, and sure it's very possible that scum slips a vote it, I've also seen alot of towns just vote themselves where scum is on the sideline, because the deadline causes the complete mechanic to shift. Yesterday you go on about the 'soft claiming' which was strange, and now you're blaming me for a perfectly good choice day 1.

Theo felt a bit nauseous. Today had been an uneasy day. He should've woken up sooner; and felt sorry he hadn't contributed the way he should have. He also felt like punching Hiram in the face, but that might not be the most wise of choices. It seemed he was alone in his suspicions against Deshaun, and thus his weight in the choice of the day was going to waste. Now, that was something Theo couldn't abide. It did mean he'd have to choose between Gloria and Eldred. He somehow couldn't get to vote for Gloria. Her lively, albeit somewhat capricious, nature, would service the party more than Eldred's current behavior. 'Eldred, time to step up. We've seen you and your big mouth, now say something useful with it.'
Vote Eldred

Albert/gloria seems to be the only party member contributing on all fronts, I think the game would fall dead with him gone. I haven't been in games with him before (afaik), so I don't know if his somewhat erratic behavior is usual, but I get a bit confused, and now with the votes on him somewhat panicky, townie feeling. Voting myself isn't an option, of course. That leaves Eldred. I could see him being town with Deshaun (and/or Hiram).
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:34 am

I did read Zach's claim day one, but it was around the time I went on holiday, and I really didn't have time to respond, and didn't feel the need to. I would've left my vote, because we needed a lynch. Sure we could have tried to test the claim, but that'd take up time/resources. No lynch on day 1 is bad, no matter how you turn it around. And your 'final vote count' is post 186, where ShadowLurker/Zilla votes ckd/Zach in post 189 before the deadline. Were you paying attention end of day 1?

"Look Hiram, whether you were lying, or overlooking the truth, it seems we have time to bicker tomorrow."
"Everyone, please let hear from you before the day ends. Say something funny, say something stupid, doesn't matter. I know it sounds strange from someone who has been too silent too long, but we have to take steps to kill those traitors."

BTW, I don't know if I did my previous vote correctly.
Unvote. Vote: Eldred
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:15 pm

I'm really sorry guys. It was my last weeks at work, and have to switch jobs, so I completely forgot about these board;. Sorry, again, early next week I have time to read and post.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:01 am

Theo really had to get his act together. He'd again spend half a day sleeping, when he should be helping this party getting rid of the traitors. It seemed everybody was done with distrust, sharing each other's life stories, and sharing what they've been up to each night. And now, so it seemed, all fingers were painfully pointing at him. Theo cleared his throath and spoke: "As you might or might not remember, I've been a merchant in my past. Recollection of it is only vague, because my memory seems to have been meddled with, but it carried extraordinary items. Five of the items I've taken with me and are in the bag I carry with me. Each night, I can drop one of'em. Well, now three are remaining. The rope of infinite length, y'all know about. Last night, I dropped a fancy cloak. Someone must have stolen it, or somehow took it away the moment I dropped it. I still hold in my possession a Royal Scepter, a hand blaster, and a dragon broach. What they do, I don't know."

I dropped the rope first night. I didn't say anything about it, because I was curious what would happen with it, and I wanted to make sure I could continue to drop items onwards. That said, I must have been blocked last night, because I pm'ed the mod that I wanted to drop the fancy cloak, but it hasn't appeared today. Also, I seem to be the gravedigger Eldred was looking for yesterday.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:45 pm

Somehow it felt good, everyone sharing their info. Some people had to be lying, sure, but at least people were opening up, and had something to account for. Ever since Eldred died, there was a nagging suspicion in Theo's mind. If it were memories, or fantasies, but flashes of him digging in the rain kept popping up. He hadn't told anyone, but in his dying breath Eldred had turned his eyes to Theo, muttering 'Watch out... Selwyn...'

In the pm about my role there's a small line about gravedigging. I kinda forgot about it, but after Eldred died I got a pm with Eldred's parting words directed at me, so that's when I reread my role, and thought I could be Eldred's mason.

I'm curious about Fonz' and Selande's claim. If neither of them targeted me tonight, someone must be lying about being a roleblocker of some sort.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:31 am

Are we still allowed to discuss when the day is over? What thing should I drop? I was thinking of the Royal Scepter myself.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:42 am

Theo again had overslept. That said, he was up late making sure the dragon broach would find an easier way to the party than the fancy cloak did the day before. Even though they came from his store, the thought popped up he didn't know a thing about'em. And the fancy cloak re-appeared! But this was all from hear'say, because when Theo rejoined the party, the items were already gone. Well, and what's the party anyway, there were only four of'em left. At least we got one scumbag. But as for the other three, let's say it's an interesting situation, but Theo didn't trust any of'em just one bit. His main suspicion went out against Hiram. He was the one irritating Theo the most. And he seemed to have some strange interest in Gloria, seeing more in her than most of the party. And last but not least, the fact he claimed to have five items, just after Theo confessed his story, seemed a bit awkward. That said, Selande was a bit short in her explanation of her story which seemed a bit dubious as well.

I just got a new laptop to replace my computer that wasn't working anymore, so I hope to be able to participate some more. I'm a bit at a loss now. I think The Fonz is the most suspicious at the moment, mainly of his interaction with Albert. KoC and Albert interactions make me think they're not scum together. With 2 kills tonight, it could very well be there are two scum parties. Or there is another townie with a kill ability. Also, sorry if I missed it, but The Fonz, what did you do tonight?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:51 am

With ties with Albert I mean you were the one mostly defending him. I really don't like KoC behavior at the moment, who's just jumping around.

I don't think at this point there could be a scumgroup of 2 persons left. They could just sit out today.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:05 am

I really don't know what's going on. If scum would've won automatically, this game wouldn't be going. So maybe somehow town will have a chance. I think this day ended a no lynch, so we'll have to see what the night brings. Perhaps if there are two remaining baddies, they can eliminate each other.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:11 am

"So Doron, which one of us do you shoot? There's only three of us left, there's no time for bitter revenge, let alone stealing the hand blaster of someone who just departed us. Although I can't say Hiram is too big of a loss."
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:54 am

I have a question for KoC. He says town only would be doomed if our SK is killed, but he's dead now, and we're still playing. So either one of you guys is also still town, or you both have some shady secrets.

"Selande, while I did drop it, I think it's bold too take it of someone's dead body. Also, you took it without any discussion."
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:45 am

"Great, so you're asking me to make the final choice? I don't trust either of you. Give me some time to contemplate your behavior, and I'll decide before the sun sets. If you have anything to say, be quick. At the moment I trust Selande a bit more, but not enough to make the decision."
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:04 am

"You may be right, Zilla, you may be right; it was my pleasure meeting you both", Theo said with a wayward smile.
Vote Zilla/KoC.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:18 am

I'm really sorry I didn't post more, but that's a problem I have with all my games up til now, whether I was town, or scum.

I knew I was a gravedigger, but realized to late Eldred was looking for me. I didn't know he was looking for me.

In the end it was a fun game, at least with the concept and how the roles played out.

Thanks all for playing, thanks Albert for being a great scumpartner (I think his number of posts makes up for my lack of posting on average :-) ) and a very big thanks to MOS for organizing and moderating!
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:46 am

The Fonz wrote:This game is a GREAT argument for policy lynching.

One scum survived to the end because people weren't willing to lynch lurkers, and the other because people (myself included) weren't willing to lynch people who 'always act like that.'
I don't know. I wouldn't have played that much differently if I were a townie. That's no excuse for me posting too little, but it's also not an argument for policy lynching.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”