Mafia 616 - Roleplaying Mafia - GAME OVER!

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:50 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I don't have time to respond to The Fonz's post for the most part, but this definitely needs to be addressed.
The Fonz wrote:I received a PM after making my entry post, asking me to supply a physical description.
The Fonz wrote:I never claimed to have received a PM
from MoS.
The Fonz, I want you to be very specific. Did you receive a PM from MoS, or another player in the game, or from somebody outside the game?
Who sent you the PM
?

If somebody in the game contacted you, then that is against the rules, and it would be
your
job to report it to the mod. I don't even understand why somebody outside the game would send you a PM to add a physical description during the
eighteen minutes
between your posts unless they were on-line. ABR claimed to have sent a PM to
MoS
, but not you. There seems to be something being definitely left unsaid at this junction.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I talked to MoS about physical descriptions and he gave it a go, so I pointed Fonz in the right direction. Stop trying to ruin the game, PJ.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:56 am

Post by TDC »

Autumn nods understandingly.

I agree that it was an odd attack, but I have since concluded that Doron is just a bit odd, maybe even paranoid, in general. I, too, find it strange that most people in this room just ignore more or less everything that's happening, especially since it's already getting dark outside, we don't have much time left, have we?
But hadn't she asked two questions?

And what are your thoughts on Gloria?

And just to clarify: Are you voting Selande for how the random vote was conveyed (a.k.a 'bad' role playing) or because you doubt the randomness of the vote? I don't see how bad role playing would be a scum indicator, to be honest.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:56 am

All this was done within 20 minutes as I was on MSN with MOS
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

PJ:

I didn't report it, because I consider it a very minor thing, which didn't affect gameplay, but if I told MoS, he would by the letter of the law required to modkill, which imho would be to the detriment of the game. Had you not alleged scummy reasoning behind the posting of the description after replacing in, it might well never have come up.

However, now it has, I'm forwarding the offending communication to MoS.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:10 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Unvote: The Fonz

About to walk out the door, I'll decide who I want to vote later. I'm definitely not happy about how things have been going down.

ABR, accusing me of "ruining the game" is a pretty weighty statement. What I've been trying to do is (a) make sure people are actually playing the
game
instead of just role-playing, and (b) trying to decide if people are being truthful about what they have been saying. My whole inquiry into The Fonz's sudden attention being drawn to having to make a physical description (which was out of order with reading the game, hence why I pointed it out) falls into "being truthful" category. If you expect me to let untruths just stagnate when I can sense something is wrong, you obviously have not played enough games with me.

Furthermore, ABR, you have absolutely no excuse to contact players in the game about the game.
That
is the sort of thing that ruins games.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:17 am

If you want to get REALLY technical, writing physical descriptions is part of the PRE-game, so I have not talked to another player about the game.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:37 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Things were looking grim. The sun was setting, and the group was still not really a group. He liked the way Fylbrigg was addressing everyone, asking questions, but the responses stayed away. That said, Fylbrigg could easily be manipulating everyone.

Looking around he saw someone trying to talk to Zacharias. But Zacharias was still reminiscing, not trying to interact. That's it, Theo thought, he was either hiding too much, or not really of value because he didn't want to act and interact with the group.
Unvote. Vote Zacharias.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:55 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

see sig...will be back posting by Monday.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by L »

Mod: Could we please have a votecount?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Fylbrigg slowly brings out a half-eaten cracker from one of the pockets in his ragged jacket, and nibbles on it thoughtfully. It didn't seem like his "stand" had amounted to much, if anything. Perhaps he was simply trying to hard to find his niche. So far, quiet observation had not seemed to help matters, and nor had a "take charge" attitude. Perhaps one-on-one talking was the way to go, followed by careful process of elimination.

He sits next to Zilla, with his legs crossed over each other in a comical Yogic imitation.

"Rats? Well, I haven't see any for awhile, living in the forest. More... squirrells, really. And rabbits. Oh. Do you mean like...? I don't really like to talk ill of other, however, that man who shouted at us ever so... Well, I think he fancied himself a dictator or something."

"You mean Eldred? Hmm. What connection do you see between a 'dictator' and a 'rat'? Besides their obvious shared affinity for cheese."

Back. A few things.

1.)
I originally thought The Fonz was more likely to be town for the fact that he did not report ABR, as that would have been an easy way to achieve a modkill (hence why I unvoted him before leaving). However, I think I have to retract that line of reasoning on the basis that his [apparent] initial reaction to seeing ABR's request was to satisfy it in-thread. After that, if the thought had occurred to him afterwards of getting a "free" modkill, caution would probably kept him from reporting the message – at least for a while (as otherwise it might have been traced to him). The biggest point in his favor is that enough time has elapsed that he
probably
could have "gotten away with it" a few pages later, although he may still have been wary of the line of my questioning into that precise area to stay his hand from "the button".

2.)
I also initially thought ABR was more likely to be town for sending The Fonz such a message to begin with (not sure why I thought this, it does not seem to "follow" from any source of logic), but really all this emphasizes is that ABR is concerned with the role-playing aspect of the game, and perhaps
moreso
than the fact that this is first and foremost a mafia game. Impatience is likely what spurred his PM, and ulterior motives (whether town motives or scum motives) likely had little to do with it. So reading his alignment into the situation does not seem very probable.

3.)
I am rather unimpressed with the lack of actual
playing
going on in this game. We have had two "significant" events occur. The first was the Fonz-Selanda-PJ conversation, and the second is the Fonz-ABR-PJ conversation. Somehow this seems to be going uncommented upon.

In case anybody has forgotten, Day Ones are notoriously difficult to catch scum in; as such I largely think of Day Ones as the best day for information-gathering – which means getting opinions. Right now there are precious few to be had. As things stand, by Day Three/Day Four of the game, rereading Day One will probably be almost entirely
useless
: there appears to be little contributions of value so far. I'm actually somewhat happy that I will be long dead or replaced in this game when that time comes, because I do not envy those in the game who will have to work from practically scratch.

I am sending the mod a PM requesting (a) that he not modkill ABR, and (b) that he extends the deadline. I would suggest others do the same.

4.)
As a side-note, and for the sake of mafia (this is not an attack on ABR as to his alignment), there was no excuse for sending a PM to The Fonz – period. It was not "pre-game"; you sent him a PM
during the game

There are reasons the "do not communicate with players" is a rule on the board. With
only you
sending him a PM,
only you and the Fonz
gain access to knowledge none of the rest of us have. Firstly, you gain the knowledge of what exactly you said to The Fonz (which may be differently nuanced than what you say in-thread). Secondly, you gain the knowledge of when he is on-line; when he picks up your PM;
and
if (or when) he responds to your PM either through PM or in-thread (in this case he "responded" by saying "apparently I need to provide a physical description", etc.) Thirdly, you gain the knowledge that The Fonz did not report you to MoS, which could influence your thoughts on The Fonz's alignment (and perhaps things other than his lack of reporting could influence your alignment in his reaction to your PM). Fourthly, your PM could influence The Fonz's thoughts on
your
alignment. All of this would go unknown to the town, and we would be forced to deal with an otherwise unknowable vortex of information that we would have had zero access to if I had not managed to detect something out of the ordinary in The Fonz's posts. It is unfair to
all
the players in the game.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Mod
, please prod Selande (no posts since Jule 26), Kinetic (no posts since June 27), and Pooky (no posts since June 30).
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:29 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I was informed about ABR's pm to The Fonz quite some time ago, and I see no infraction worthy of serious punishment. In the future, I'd like requests like that to be brought to me, however, and I will prod the player in question. Regardless, ABR has done nothing against the spirit of the game.

Also, Kinetic requested replacement some time ago. I am still searching for a candidate. If you know of anyone who may be interested, please have them contact me.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:44 am

Second Vote Count of Day 1:

Selande/Doron Mackendoerfer [1] - (The Fonz/Hiram Buehler)
The Fonz/Hiram Buehler [1] - (Selande/Doron Mackendoerfer)
petroleumjelly/Norton Fylbrigg [1] - (Albert B. Rampage/Gloria Berkheimer)
curiouskarmadog/Zacharias Lord [1] - (WeyounsLastClone/Theo Faast)

I will give one more
extension
on the deadline, do to the need to find a replacement for Kinetic. The new deadline is
Wednesday, July 16th
. This is the last extension I will give for Day 1.

Selande and Pooky have been prodded.
Permanent V/LA.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:55 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

just got back from cruise, mindbogglingly tired, don't expect anything for a day
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:30 am

petroleumjelly wrote:
4.)
As a side-note, and for the sake of mafia (this is not an attack on ABR as to his alignment), there was no excuse for sending a PM to The Fonz – period. It was not "pre-game"; you sent him a PM
during the game

There are reasons the "do not communicate with players" is a rule on the board. With
only you
sending him a PM,
only you and the Fonz
gain access to knowledge none of the rest of us have. Firstly, you gain the knowledge of what exactly you said to The Fonz (which may be differently nuanced than what you say in-thread). Secondly, you gain the knowledge of when he is on-line; when he picks up your PM;
and
if (or when) he responds to your PM either through PM or in-thread (in this case he "responded" by saying "apparently I need to provide a physical description", etc.) Thirdly, you gain the knowledge that The Fonz did not report you to MoS, which could influence your thoughts on The Fonz's alignment (and perhaps things other than his lack of reporting could influence your alignment in his reaction to your PM). Fourthly, your PM could influence The Fonz's thoughts on
your
alignment. All of this would go unknown to the town, and we would be forced to deal with an otherwise unknowable vortex of information that we would have had zero access to if I had not managed to detect something out of the ordinary in The Fonz's posts. It is unfair to
all
the players in the game.[/ooc]

1) A nuance in the wording would not affect the game unless we had a pre-established code and we were both scum or masons.
2) I knew he was online because he just posted a minute before.
3)&4) "Reporting" and "modkilling" doesn't even remotely enter the equation. I messaged during the game
about
the pre-game that Fonz missed. It does not affect my thoughts on him or his alignment and I gain zero information. As for me, you mentioned it yourself that the action itself is a reflection of my impatience rather than a clue towards my alignment, but in the very same post you later say that he could draw something from "my notice of his lack of reporting", which is scummy circular logic flawed at the foundation. I am also disturbed by the lack of content.

Everyone should have their characters state their opinion on the "Exodus Debacle", eg: me/fonz/pj, and the selande/fonz/pj that we can call the "Norton episode".
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:01 pm

dammit, this is the first time I have ever had to do this.

I have to request a replacement, I am super busy with work and I am heading out next week. I dont see myself being able to keep up with the demands of this particular game. I am really sorry.

If you cant find a replacement, I might be able to pick it back up on the 21st, but dont expect anything from me until then.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Selande »

Gloria in post 121:
"She might have been followed."

"You think?"
Doron hurries over to the window and looks out at the street. Nobody out there seems to pay the inn any undue attention.

Suddenly a loud "thud" brings Doron's attention back to the room. The odd redhead - Fylbrigg - issues questions to a few people.
What is he up to?

"Have you seen any rats lately?"

Rats?

"Rats?"
"Where?"
Doron looks about wildly, sword raised threateningly, but nobody pays him any attention, because Gloria bursts out:
"We're blown"

Some ruckus follows, but in the end the party stays at the inn.

It is already late in the afternoon and they are still miles away from a consensus on who is to die today.
What a stupid idea. Why ever have I agreed to do this? Who of this bunch could be a threat to the kingdom? Or is this just a pretense? I don't know.
So, who here seems dangerous?

Sorry for the lack of posting, life is stressfull at the moment, but I have a free week coming up. Will continue tomorrow.
Doron Mackendoerfer
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Selande »

Deshaun Dunkle - the broken looking man has been drinking all day (not unusual for him). He yet has to talk.
Deshaun? The old drunkard - surly not. But who knows.

Gloria Berkheimer - if there was one of his fellow travelers Doron would call a friend, it would be her. She has been friendly and helpful and has tried to start conversations. And she has tried to take charge of the situation.
Glroia - I like her, but do I trust her? It could be a ruse to catch me off guard.

Dan Lester is another one who hasn't said much yet.
Dan - no idea about him.

Zacharias lord has tried to start a discussion of how to proceed best, but he has been mostly ignored.
The old man over there ... what's his name again?

Eldred Hurst took the lead early in the day and tried to establish some ground rules for discussing and voting - not a bad thing, though he was a bit forceful about it.
Who does this Hurst think he is, commanding me like that? Presenting
my
head to the new king, ha he would wish that. Wait, new king? Who has been crowned? Are they sure Donovan will not be back? Does this guy know more than me?

Hiram Buehler has taken offense with Doron's fierce attack on Eldred Hurst. He claims to see that as a sign for Doron being one of the offenders they try to find, disregarding Doron's sometimes - bizarre - personality.

This arrogant stranger wants to see me dead. Is he after me? Or is he a "threat to the kingdom" and tries to shift the blame on somebody else?

To be continued.
Doron Mackendoerfer
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:33 pm

M4yhem replaces Kinetic
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:55 am

see sig
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:20 am

Post by L »

V/LA until 14th.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:25 am

OK posting this in all of my threads..

going to be gone (at the most very light posting) between 07/13 until 07/21 for a vacation.

mod wants me to try to stick with this...will try to pick it back up when I get back.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Eldred wipes his mouth and puts his empty glass back down with a soft thump. The burning sensation of the alcohol passing through his system soothes his nerves. He feels almost like a new man.

He gets to his feet and stands, swaying.

"We're getting nowhere. Zacharias, I don't trust you. There's something suspicious about your manner. I think you're hiding your evil nature behind a mask of shyness."

Vote:curiouskarmadog/Zacharias Lord
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:23 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

I'm still a bit struggling with wanting to roleplay through this game. I see now that only, or mainly, roleplaying will not get us anywhere, because it's a bit restrictive in what you can get across regarding thoughts, suspicions, etc. That said, although I still think petroleumjelly's overuse of 'ooc' text detracts from the roleplaying somewhat, I think he genuinely wants to help town, and it is necessary to get the game along. Don't know what to think of Selande/The Fonz. Hopefully I have time to reread the thread early next week. Really not sure about ABR. Maybe it was just eagerness that let him pm The Fonz. I also don't know in how far we can determine alignment from person descriptions. Everyone seems to be mysterious in some way. For now, I'll leave my vote on ckd because I still think it's the easiest excuse to not really have to act and give input.
"I wish you hadn't done that."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”