Mafia 616 - Roleplaying Mafia - GAME OVER!

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

"Aye, Doron, I knew there was an inventor amongst us." It was implied in my role PM.
But I had no idea it was Zach. Any particular reason you're pushing that particular, utterly baseless point?"
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by Selande »

"I just wanted to clarify it."

ShadowGirl posted on the boards during three hours after ckd's claim. Of course, she got replaced 24 h later, so maybe her vote (one hour before the claim) was her last participation in this game.
Doron Mackendoerfer
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:15 pm

"Well, if that's all, then I will
unvote; and Vote: Gloria
, putting my vote back where it was, based on the whole pursuing of the lynch on Zach post-claim."
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:23 am

Post by M4yhem »

"Thank you, Doron, that gives me a better picture of where you stand. As for the New King, I've heard stories of his coronation but you know what traveller's tales are like. It may be true, it may not be."

Kinetic made it up.

Eldred shakes his head at Deshaun's renewed attack on him.
"It's true, I closed my ears to Zach's plea but that's because I'd made up my mind that he was likely guilty and so his words all seemed like lies to me. Besides, the coming night was hanging heavy in my thoughts. I knew we had no time to make another choice. So under pressure, I made a bad choice. You can hang me for that, I suppose, but it won't bring Zacharias back and it sure as hell won't help us find the traitors."

Albert, are you going to explain why you jumped so fast to the conclusion that I'd taken the rope? Because it really looked like OMGUS to me.

"Zilla, I'm happy to see you agreeing with me, but you know Gloria didn't vote for Zach, right?"

Shadowgirl's vote seemed totally baseless. I'm not sure she even read the thread before voting, much less the inventor's claim. That's just my opinion though.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:23 am

"Sorry, laddie, I haven't slept in four days now And in the game... Bloody world record. My mind ain't totally in focus, y'know? But my vote stands, based on the way Gloria fished instantly for whoever had the rope."
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:33 am

Post by The Fonz »

"Zilla, ah can't say ah agree wit you thar. Ah think anyone who takes an item should own up t'it, an' there's nothin' wrong wi' tryin' to find out who it is. What does disturb me, tho', is how quick some folks were t'cast aspersions against maself, when they knew full well ah couldn't a taken it."
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:53 am

Zilla shrugged. "That's what I was referring to. It wasn't role-fishing, but item-fishing. ANd methinks that Gloria either wanted to prevent the item being used, by finding the reciever and lynching them, or by taking it herself. Since she failed in the latter, she attempted the former."

I would like to suggest that any items found by the group from now on are left for me - I can enhance them to make them more powerful, and I may or may no be able to distribute them -
Mod - can I give items to others once I've combined them?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

M4yhem wrote: Albert, are you going to explain why you jumped so fast to the conclusion that I'd taken the rope? Because it really looked like OMGUS to me.
I voted you first so you OMGUS'd
me
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:58 am

No, you OMGUSed him by instantly assuming that a) he had taken the rope whilst bluffing and b) assuming that only scum would take the rope. I have a perfectly good reason to take items pro-town, because unlike any of you, I can get more out of them.Maybe just drop it, since it's not going anywhere?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:58 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

I'm back from holiday, hope to reread the thread this weekend or early next week.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:19 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote: No, you OMGUSed him by instantly assuming that a) he had taken the rope whilst bluffing and b) assuming that only scum would take the rope. I have a perfectly good reason to take items pro-town, because unlike any of you, I can get more out of them.Maybe just drop it, since it's not going anywhere?
I voted for Eldred page 2 and kept my vote there until I switched it to PJ. You just came in and OMGUS'd me with zero argumentation and zero evidence.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:20 am

you = he*
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:46 am

Post by M4yhem »

It's not OMGUS if I vote for a completely different person first, stick with him until he's lynched and then the next morning, reread the thread and decide that your long arguement with pj was the scummiest thing I'd seen and you're worth voting for. Be reasonable.

As for you, the moment you see a chance to accuse me of something you did so and followed up with a vote, even though you had no reason to think I'd taken the rope and you've since been proved wrong.

"I find Gloria calling me a thief for no reason enough to make me think my votes doing good where it is. What about the rest of you?"

Eldred takes off his jacket and tries to cover up Gabby's face.

"We can't just leave them here. We oughta give them a decent burial, and Zacharias too. If someone will help carry her, I'll dig a grave for Gabby outside. I've done it enough times before."

He looks meaningfully at Hiram and Doron. Digging graves and shifting corpses is men's work, as far as Eldred is concerned.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:00 am

"I'd love to help, but..." Zilla shrugged in his crutches meaningfully. "I'm in no fit state to do aught but tinker, I fear."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Yosarian2 replaces petroleumjelly
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hello, everyone. I'm here. Will try to read through the thread and post something soon.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by M4yhem »

:) Yes! Yos! Welcome. Take your time.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Going to post in OOC as I read the game and state my opinions, since there's no way to do that in character.

Reading the first 5 pages, I completly agree with what PJ said; Fonz really looked like he was rolefishing with that "softclaiming" stuff, and Albert's defense of Fonz, and his insitance that "Fonz wasn't rolefishing" are just strange; not sure why Albert thinks he knows what Fonz's intentions were there. fos: Fonz, bigger fos:albert. This line from Albert, I especally don't like:

Albert wrote: 1.) Fonz was justified in asking for either a hard-claim or Selande to back off. What she did was a "crazy move" that she needed to answer for.

Whether or not she was a cop, she had to clarify that she wasn't seeding or pulling anything over us. Fonz comes off pro-town for doing this.

Whether or not she was a cop? What? Why the heck would you want a cop to confess on day 1 to planting an early breadcrumb? And then Albert continues to refuse to answer PJ's questions...ugh. So scummy.

I can see why PJ was getting so frustrated with this game.

Ok, having read through the rest of the game, I'm no longer really suspicious of The Fonz. I still don't understand Albert's actions at all, his OCC posts yesterday look really scummy.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I stood up. "The traitors are here, we know they are here! Some of you must be them, and some on them must be you. Gloria...she says she knows who took the rope, but I think WE think she thinks we DON'T know who took the rope. This is the day, no one will understand...no one will ever understand...but she must be one of them. If she was not, then why does she talk like she knows everything, and yet the truth never touches her lips?"

vote:Albert
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by The Fonz »

M4yhem wrote:
Eldred takes off his jacket and tries to cover up Gabby's face.

"We can't just leave them here. We oughta give them a decent burial, and Zacharias too. If someone will help carry her, I'll dig a grave for Gabby outside. I've done it enough times before."

He looks meaningfully at Hiram and Doron. Digging graves and shifting corpses is men's work, as far as Eldred is concerned.
"Ah... ah'll help ye wi' young Dan. As fer tha' young gal... ah... I dunno... ah'd really rather not it it's alright with..." Hiram's voice began to falter in a manner that the travelling party hadn't heard before. Burying a beautiful, fragile creature like that...so soon after... no. He would not dwell on it. He must concentrate on eliminating the evildoers. He could not let anything distract from that.

PJ was causing me {and i think pooky amongst others] a large amount of frustration, for his own part, by not being willing to play within the spirit of the game.

And Yos, it was not fishing. :D It's perfectly possible to answer 'my vote was random' without giving anything away about roles.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Oh, lord, not another "spirit of the game" argument...

Anyway, just because it was POSSIBLE to answer your question without giving away if she was or was not the cop, dosn't mean the comment wasn't fishing; fishing means that you're setting a trap where a careless response from the target could reveal if they're a cop or not.

"I do think you were a mite bit harsh on the lass. Yes, she said she thought someone was a traitor...isn't that what we're trying to do, is to figure out who the traitors are and kill them, before we all hang together? Caught like a rat fleeing into a smaller cage to escape the bigger cage that is the world we are all trapped in? With the soul, freed by death...wait, where was I going with this? Oh, right. You were being unfair to the lady, I think."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:40 pm

What are you voting me for now ?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:57 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Eldred looks for a moment like he wants to punch Hiram or maybe grab him by the shoulders and shake some sense into him. A man is supposed to be strong, after all.
But the moment passes. Eldred's face softens and he sighs and turns away.

"I can take her, she's only small."

There is a patch of wasteground behind the inn, with a fence on one side where the travellers sometimes tether their horses. It's home to stray cats and a playground for the neighbourhood children. It's also an unofficial dumping ground; rubbish litters the grass and dangles from the bushes.

"It's not much of a final resting place, I know" Eldred whispers to Gabby as he lays her down on the hard dry earth "but it's the best I can do. And the sun's shining, look! And there are flowers here, daisys, red poppies and dandelions...well, they're weeds, I guess. I never could tell..."

He trails off, realizing how dumb he must look, talking to a corpse.
You daft old fool!
he thinks sourly
What do the flowers matter to her? She can't see them now!

He leaves what's left of Gabby lying in the dirt and begins his dirt, losing himself in the rhythm of it, the scrape of the metal shovel against the soil. His hands ache after a while and he sweats but he'd still rather be doing this than be back in the inn. All that thinking has worn him out; it's good to back to what he knows.

Soon enough, there are three neat graves lined up in a row. Eldred puts Gabby in the first and covers her face in a blanket of soil. He doesn't waste his breath with religious platitudes; he's never been much of a believer, except in the power of alcohol. He does pick a few poppies and put them on her grave where her face would be, for no reason he could ever explain.

Eldred leans on his shovel and examines his work. Then a thought strikes him and he begins to dig again. A fourth grave beside the others.
For Gloria...or maybe for me

I know, I know, long post, no content. I'm still waiting for Albert to explain himself and for people who haven't given their opinion on who to lynch to do so.
I'm glad and also a little scared to have Yos agree with me.
For the record, when I read through I thought Doron was just nuts and that's why he jumped on me like that. I thought Fonz was maybe a little overeager but not rolefishing.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:55 am

"Gloria, if you don't start giving us some real answers soon... well, you can follow Zach to the noose if you like. Your actions have appeared more and more like those of a traitor throuhout the days, if you ask me."
Vote count, please?
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:01 am

Post by Selande »

Doron has been lost in his own thoughts again. When he finally realizes what's going on he gets up to fetch the body of Zacharias Lord. He puts the old man in one of the graves Eldred has dug. Doron racks his brain for some suitable words the priests used to say and finally whispers:
"May the gods have mercy on your soul."

He hesitates for a moment, than with a smalls sigh grabs a shovel and begins filling the grave.

Welcome Yosarian2! Note that my character is a guy.
The Fonz wrote:And Yos, it was not fishing. It's perfectly possible to answer 'my vote was random' without giving anything away about roles.

Yeah, exactly what I did. Repeatedly. Any chance you'll consider believing me?
Doron Mackendoerfer

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”