Mafia 616 - Roleplaying Mafia - GAME OVER!

Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Selande »

You could finish the burial scene. (Or answer Yosarian2's post 295.

Even more OOC: My warhammer group just left, too tired for a real post, will post tomorrow.
Doron Mackendoerfer
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:20 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

*bump*

Please pm me if anyone needs prodding, I'm going to be too busy to check myself this weekend.
Permanent V/LA.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hiram returned what appeared to be a contemptuous glare from Eldred with one of even greater disdain.
Don't y'all dare t'judge me, y'drunken waster. Y'don't have a clue what ah've bin thru.
His hand balled up into fists, and he turned away from the group, counting to twenty to calm himself down.

When he turned back around , a couple of them were interrogating Gloria. Hiram stood there, deep in thought. This development did not exactly please him. Sure, Gloria had been actin' a little weird. But right now, she didn't bother him so much. Hiram felt a deep suspicion of two travellers right now, the two still living who had been responsible for executing- murderin,' really- the inventor the previous day.

Eldred, at least, had been in the middle of all the arguments.
Ah don' like him much, that's fer sure, bu' if he's talkin,' we got the chance t'catch him out sooner o' later. Now, Theo. Tha' guy's no' said a word today, and he sure din' say anythin' useful yestirday. Why am ah the only one t'have noticed this?

'Hey, guys. Ah really think we need t'get Theo's opinion on all this. He was jus' as guilty as Eldred in runnin' up Zacharias-' Hiram looked, in particular, at DeShaun here- 'An' unlike our liquored-up friend here, who's at least had the decency t'defend heself, Theo's jus' been lurkin' in the corner the whole day.'

Yosarian2 wrote: Do you ever call someone scum day 1 without being able to "back it up with something"?

That's exactly it Yos- I don't. Well, not unless it's the jokey 'Cuz he's scum!1one! :P ' random vote, which I would have thought would be equivalent here to a jokey accusation. Neither of these fit the pattern of Selande's post.

@KoS: My initial suspicion of Selande came from her loudly declaring M4yhem to be scum, which looked to me to be ooc for a random vote: therefore, i figured it was one of two things: either she was trying to intimate an investigation she couldn't possibly have, or she was overplaying her random vote in order to distance from a buddy. I pointed this out, she omgused me. I still think that's reasonable: however, other people have overtaken her in the scum derby. Speaking of which, if you think there's no excuse for lurking... WLC?

Knight of Cydonia wrote: You used it to try and justify your vote on Eldred here, and in htis same post, you say it's the same thing you did with the Fonz... which looked pretty scummy to me as well.
Nope, you misread what Albert was getting at. He's saying, Selande makes a wild accusation with not a shred of evidence, and you all ignore it, put it down to just RP, etc. He does the same thing, and you're all all over him, calling him scummy, and so on.

And MoS should totally have put in a rule by which ooc in posts can't exceed the IC part. This last page is ridiculous.

Mod, prod Weyoun and mneme please. Also, can we have a votecount? There hasn't been one yet today.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:16 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Theo woke up slowly. It took some time to figure out what happened. Obviously two people died. The group remaining looked at each other suspicously, without saying too much. If evil stares could kill, then there wouldn't be much left of the party. Of all the people, Gloria looked the most paranoid and guilty. Her eyes were darting everywhere, at everyone.

Eldred was a shade of his former self the day before. What had happened to him, or what had happened because of him, that caused him to let go of taking the lead?
"I wish you hadn't done that."
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 am

Hiram started speaking at the same moment Theo woke up. He seemed to try and place the blame of yesterday's kill on Theo. 'Hiram, please,' Theo said, 'silent Zacharias turning out to be the good guy is utterly unfortunate; but at least he's not crying in the corner anymore, so we can get on with our bloody business. Fact is, Zacharias was the most mysterious factor to me yesterday, which in my eyes made him the biggest threat to our party.'
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hiram smiled. It was about time they had the chance to call Theo to account for his actions.

"So, Theo, ah'd like you t'elaborate on yir reasons fer suspectin' Zacharias yesterday. An' when ah say elaborate, ah mean, give some. Ye din't give a single reason fer suspectin' Zacharias yesterday, yet y'went along wi' stringin' him up jus' the same.

An' ah have t'say, it wasn't jus' unfortunate he was innocent, it was predictable. Did ya really think a man like that would be capable of plottin' against the king, even after he'd told us all that stuff about himself, that seemed to indicate otherwise?"

Voting him for 'not interacting' seems hypocritical. You really didn't do anything yesterday to advance the game either. Also, why did you not unvote post-claim? Were you absent?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

The Fonz wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: Do you ever call someone scum day 1 without being able to "back it up with something"?

That's exactly it Yos- I don't. Well, not unless it's the jokey 'Cuz he's scum!1one! :P ' random vote, which I would have thought would be equivalent here to a jokey accusation. Neither of these fit the pattern of Selande's post.
Well, note I was asking Albert. ;)

Again, I don't really think you are scum now, Fonz, I agree with PJ's reasoning on that one, but Albert's defense of you and stuff still seems really scummy.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:54 am

Post by mneme »

Prodded. Didn't post for a bit under a week because you guys were boring me. Can everyone just vote for Eldred now plz? Lack of unvote after a town claim = scum eager for a lynch.

"Barmaid, give me another drink. I think I need one.
"I don't get all your fancy arguments; all I know is, Eldred was the one of us willing to look an obvious party member in the face and string him up; nobody else might have been listening, but he was, and he turned away. That kind of ice doesn't belong in a party heart, is all I'm saying."
Deshaun's drink arrives, and he downs it in one swallow. "Another."
Did I say too much?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:32 am

Post by M4yhem »

Eldred washes the dirt out of his hands.

He takes a seat at the bar and orders a large glass of beer and several shots of whiskey.

After taking a long drink of beer, he wipes the foam from his mouth and turns to Deshaun.

"Just because I had the guts to do what we all knew needed to be done, doesn't make me a traitor to king and country. You might think I'm cold but I'd rather be strong and look cold than be soft-hearted and break at the first sign of trouble."

Good grief. One mislynch doesn't make me scum. If it did I would be scum in every game.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:29 pm

Theo thought it was quite funny how Hiram drawed suspicion away from Gloria. It could be imagination, but the smile Hiram gave him felt a bit off. It was a smile of someone who saw his plan and plot in work, rather than a genuine smile.

'Look, yesterday we made a mistake. But it was not like we had a lot to go on. Decisions had to be made, and the sun was setting. As uninterested as we were in each other, and difused in our opinions, we were bound to get in this situation. It would have been more meaningful, if we'd have gotten a full majority. I think there were some out there just waiting for the night, keeping their hands clean.'
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:53 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

"Now just a second there, Deshaun. Zach never proved what he was, and that claim could just as easily have been an attempt to throw suspicion off'f a traitor. Hindsight is a wonderful thing."
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Theo thought it was quite funny how Hiram drawed suspicion away from Gloria. It could be imagination, but the smile Hiram gave him felt a bit off. It was a smile of someone who saw his plan and plot in work, rather than a genuine smile.

'Look, yesterday we made a mistake. But it was not like we had a lot to go on. Decisions had to be made, and the sun was setting. As uninterested as we were in each other, and difused in our opinions, we were bound to get in this situation. It would have been more meaningful, if we'd have gotten a full majority. I think there were some out there just waiting for the night, keeping their hands clean.'
"Y'didn't answer either of my questions, pardner. Allow me t'recap.

Why did ye think he was a traitor?

Did ye hear Zach's explanation of himself?"

No, of course I'm doing this to distract attention from ABR. Never mind the fact that I had voted you (and pressed m4yhem), and stated that i couldn't possibly see everyone on the Zach wagon being town, before the rope incident/Yos coming in. :roll:
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Vote Eldred
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:05 am

Post by M4yhem »

"Who do you think we should lynch today, Theo? You've been a little quiet this morning."

Shoot:Albert.

Whoops, wrong game.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:52 am

First Vote Count of Day 2:

Albert B. Rampage/Gloria Berkheimer - (M4yhem/Eldred Hurst, Knight of Cydonia/Zilla Baldwin, Yosarian2/Norton Fylbrigg)

M4yhem/Eldred Hurst - (mneme/Deshaun Dunkle, Albert B. Rampage/Gloria Berkheimer)
WeyounsLastClone/Theo Faast - (The Fonz/Hiram Buehler)
Permanent V/LA.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:13 am

Post by mneme »

Deshaun shrugs. "Look, Zilla; I gotta go with my gut here. I was there at the moment of truth; and at that point, it was very clear that the wrong person was up against the wall. The question you have to ask yourself at that point is whether you're going to go with the flow -- or act; the only way for the party to lose is for good people to hang back and do nothing.

"So when I look at someone who, at that moment of truth, thought the best approach was to claim 'time' as an excuse, I see it as just that; an excuse for bad behavior. In the end, that weighs higher with me than pretty much anything you can name."

I pretty much agree with Deshaun here; when you get down to it, even near a deadline, correct play is -never- to go for an unlikely scum deadline lynch (particularly since deadline lynches are only informative for who they kill and what they reveal; a 4 person bandwagon is just horrible). Mayhem posted, keeping his vote despite the obvtown-ness of the target, I called him on it, and his only response was to complain that I voted him (well, who else -would- I vote; he was the only behaving badly!). If he's moved his vote either the first time -or- the second, we might have had a chance at a scum lynch, but overall, he feels far too eager for death.

Similarly, his posing today doesn't give me a town feeling; it's pretty good roleplaying, but horrible scumhunting.

I don't like my company on his bandwagon, but I think he's almost a forced lynch, by the rules of good play, so my vote stays despite the company.
Did I say too much?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:25 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hiram tapped his foot. Theo's evasiveness was not giving Hiram much reason to believe in his honesty.

I will vote M4yhem rather than ABR at deadline, for the reasons outlined plenty of times- i don't believe for a second that there were no scum on that wagon. ABR's being his usual, erratic self, I don't see anything particularly scummy there. I am, however, annoyed at how it seems Weyoun has gone the entire game thus far without really giving a firm opinion on anything.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:58 am

To please those complaining that there has been too much OOC talking in this game, it would probably help if you didn't feel the need to state explicitly that you agree with your character...they are one and the same, for the most part.
Permanent V/LA.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:37 am

Post by M4yhem »

Eldred slams his fist against the table hard, making the large collection of empty glasses he's somehow accumalated jump and clink against each other.

He stands up abrubtly, using the counter for support, and points his finger at Deshauns nose.

"I already told you! It may have been obvious to you that he was town but it wasn't obvious to me!"

His shoulders sag and he puts his head in his hands.

"Lord knows I didn't want to kill him...but I was doing what I thought was right..."

he raises his hands and eyes to the ceiling as if pleading with someone only he can see;

"I did what I thought was right; can any man ask more from me than that? I know I ain't very bright, but I do my best. There ain't no evil in me," he curls his lip and clenches his fists "and I'll knock the teeth outta anyone that says different. C'mon man, you want a piece of me?"

Well at least you like my roleplaying. Fonz- there might be scum on that wagon but I know it isn't me. To kill me just because I happen to have votes at deadline would be as bad as what happened to Zach.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:58 am

Post by TDC »

With the corpses buried in the backyard, Autumn is able to think somewhat clearly again. She sits down, orders a cup of coffee and pulls out her beloved picture.
'We need to find these traitors', she thinks, 'or you'll face the same fate as your father'.
She turns to the group:

Theo, could you please answer Hiram's questions? I'm interested in your reasoning.

Zilla, there's something that bugs me about you:
When we all wondered where the rope had gone you first accused someone else, then said you had taken it and revealed that you were Zach's assistant.
Why would you do that?
We wanted to know where the rope was, yes, but we didn't ask the taker to claim, I think. We might've done that later on, considering your role in the ckd lynch, but revealing your role seems to be something a town-assistant would want to avoid.
Also I've looked up the happenings of September 16th (all times CET :P):
21:39:09 : ShadowGirl (a.k.a. you) votes ckd
22:35:35 : ckd claims (this means, that the next time she would've looked into this thread she would've known he was telling the truth).
22:54:05, 23:04:16 posts in other threads by SG
September 17th:
01:35:45, 01:37:59, 18:18:57, 18:48:08, 19:16:01, 19:21:20, 19:33:15, 19:38:31, 19:52:46 : Again, several posts by SG in a multitude of other threads.
23:33:39 : MoS announces replacement
23:40:08 : ckd is dead.
I know you can't answer this.. but dropping a specific game like this seems really odd.

Fylbrigg: Mind sharing what it is about Gloria that makes you think she is a traitor?
You said you didn't like yesterday's ooc posts.. would like to see some examples.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Gloria came back and sat down at the restaurant where the group has moved since the burial half an hour ago.

"I think Zilla claimed because she wanted to keep the item. Fylbrigg has been very stuck-up, and I would suspect him if Eldred was shown as scum. At any rate, I think everyone should hurry and place their vote so either me or Eldred can have ample time to claim before night."
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:28 am

Post by TDC »

Why would we have taken away the item without the claim? Is there anyone we could have better faith in keeping it?

And why do you think only you or Eldred could possibly hang?
I'll
vote Theo.

Wasn't aware of Monday's deadline, please note my sig. Will move my vote to Mayhem if by Friday it is obvious it's only between him and ABR and Yos has failed to convince me to vote ABR. Right now I don't see the case.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:34 am

Post by M4yhem »

Eldred spins on his heel and strides over to Theo.

"You know, they have a point, Theo" he snaps, his eyes glittering angrily "speak up, don't let me and Gloria take all the heat!"

"That goes for the rest of you too! You'll are too damn quiet for saying we're going to kill someone in a few scant hours. Make yourselfs heard!"

Knight of Cydonia, Yos, Weyoun- need more input from you please.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

"I aint much of a talker. You all know what I think. Well, you know what I said. No one knows what I think, when I think it. Unless you are stealing my thoughts. My thoughts! I am not whole without my thoughts!"

Norton Fylbrigg coughs and blinks, goes silent for a minute, and closes his eyes. Then he suddenly sits back up and look around confused for a second.

"I....what was I saying? Oh, yes. Gloria is still the traitor."
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:45 am

Althought Theo had been more quiet and relaxed than he usually was, which was somewhat strange considering the serious situation the party was in, Hiram did a good job in getting out Theo's more hotheaded behavior.

"Hiram, why do you keep hammering on things that can't be explained further? Someone had to die yesterday. If I'd know Zach was telling the truth, I'd have voted for somone different. Point is, I didn't know then. And I didn't trust Zach. The entire party seems like a marvelous mystery to me, but Zach was holding of the boat. And not in what he actually has done, or hasn't done. It's in how he presented himself to us. There's a difference in not (inter)acting, and saying you won't be interacting. The first is just bad behavior, of which I'm unfortunately guilty of myself, the second is presenting an excuse for your bad behavior. That's what made me trust Zach the least of our party. I heard his claim. He had to say something. Now, Deshaun somehow seemed to know for sure the claim was true. How or why, I cannot say, but I had no such certainty. What I'm wondering, Hiram, how come you're so focusing on this, but in the process you don't seem to have payed attention? You say Eldred and I are to blame for Zach's death. Did you not hear Zilla supporting his death as well? Sure, Zilla didn't make a fuss about it, but she uttered Zach's name as the target yesterday. That said, I think you conveniently try to place blame on the one who actually made something happen today, whereas I think the real culprits are laughing on the sideline because there hands are supposedly clean."

Theo had to breathe a bit. He had more to say, but wanted to calm down first.

Shadowgirl voted ckd in post 189, as the fifth vote for Zach. And I absolutely don't like mneme's posts 196 and 223. How could you know ckd was speaking the truth? Then afterwards saying it was wrong is just too easy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”