Mafia 616 - Roleplaying Mafia - GAME OVER!

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

Busy today, expect me to post something good this weekend.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:58 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Either no one payed attention to Theo, of they wanted to take the things Theo said in carefully.

Theo himself was calmed down a bit, but was still agitated with Deshaun and Hiram. "Hiram, I hope you understand my point of view. To me it seems like you want to focus on things to keep the focus of other things. Deshaun, it's too easy to say 'I told you so'. In your case it would even seem you knew more than some of us did. Also, you've seem as absent as I have been today."

Vote Deshaun Dunkle/mneme

Theo had some difficulties shifting his focus, but it seemed he had to. Eldred and Gloria each had drawn their suspicion in the group in their own way. It seemed if they wanted to move forward, the choice was between the two of them. He and Eldred weren't too good of friends. Was it that he didn't trust Eldred? Part of it. But more and more it seemed Eldred and Theo were a bit too much alike. Eldred started great with motivating the party, but something might have happened to take him a step back.
And Gloria. She seemed to like Theo. But you never knew with Gloria. Sometimes it seemed Gloria liked everyone. You could say many things of Gloria, but she was one of the more lively party members getting things going. That said, she was quite erratic and her mind, and more suspiciously so her opinion, seemed to shift around a bit. Was she unsure?
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Gloria looked around worriedly.

"We are getting dangerously close to night. I urge everyone to place a vote where they intend to. Can I still count on you, Autumn, Hiram?"
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Deadline is tomorrow.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Second Vote Count of Day 2:

Albert B. Rampage/Gloria Berkheimer - (M4yhem/Eldred Hurst, Knight of Cydonia/Zilla Baldwin, Yosarian2/Norton Fylbrigg)

M4yhem/Eldred Hurst - (mneme/Deshaun Dunkle, Albert B. Rampage/Gloria Berkheimer)
WeyounsLastClone/Theo Faast - (The Fonz/Hiram Buehler, TDC/Autumn Bauerle)
mneme/Deshaun Dunkle - (WeyounsLastClone/Theo Faast)
Permanent V/LA.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:24 am

Post by The Fonz »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Either no one payed attention to Theo, of they wanted to take the things Theo said in carefully.
Are you kidding me? My character's been waiting there, for you to answer his goddamn question, for the last week or so.
Theo himself was calmed down a bit, but was still agitated with Deshaun and Hiram. "Hiram, I hope you understand my point of view. To me it seems like you want to focus on things to keep the focus of other things. Deshaun, it's too easy to say 'I told you so'. In your case it would even seem you knew more than some of us did. Also, you've seem as absent as I have been today."
'That still ain't an answer, sugarplum,' Hiram drawled. "Since ye don' seem to be willin' to do it, ah can't say ah feel any inclination toward believin' you're one o' the good guys here. 'Besides, what do you mean by other things? Gloria? Eldred? Yer not talkin' about them either. All yer doin' is castin' aspersions against folks who got real legitimate reasons t'think yer a traitor."

Craplogic, and whining.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Gloria looked around worriedly.

"We are getting dangerously close to night. I urge everyone to place a vote where they intend to. Can I still count on you, Autumn, Hiram?"
Somehow, this disconcerted Hiram. "Y'all can, ahem, count on me t'vote the person ah think is most likely t'be a traitor. Nothin' more, nothin' less."

The wagon TDC and I are on has as many votes as the one you are. Since it's your ass on the line and not mine, why should I rather than you be the one to compromise?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:37 am

TDC is willing to vote for Eldred. That would make 4vs3 and I would survive. If I vote Theo, its still 3v3.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

Do we know that mneme is unwilling to vote Weyounslastclone? Mneme?

If there is ABSOLUTELY NO ALTERNATIVE, I will support a m4yhem lynch.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:50 am

Plus I really can't agree to a Theo lynch, anyway. Looks like the typical lurker behavior to me...

TDC, could you please, please switch up your vote to Eldred ?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:52 am

"Theo just seems like a crazy codger, doing his own thing and completely oblivious to what's happening around him. I agree that voting mneme is suspicious, but I don't think scum would be so uninterested in the lynching game we're playing."
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

"He sure seemed interested enough when he wuz busy runnin' up Zacharias yesterday. An' his -it's easy t'say ah told y'so' doesn't hold water, 'cause it was easy enough t'see at the time tha' he wasn't one o' the people we wuz looking fer. He seems to have spent this whole damn trip hoverin' in the margins, and folks have bin so fixated on yerself, Eldred, an' Zacharias, that they've let him git away wi'it." Hiram sighed.

I'm pretty sure mneme's character isn't named mneme :D Weyoun has BOTH lurked, and been on a bad lynch. You say 'typical lurker behaviour' like lynching such people is a BAD thing.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:48 pm

I asked the mod to prod TDC.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:56 pm

IME lurkers are no more scum than active townies. I'm aiming to win without another mislynch. Eldred is really the one whom I want to see the alignment revealed, which will confirm my suspicions on Yosarian and I'll draw up their connection, visible even in their successors (PJ and Kinetic) with the short distancing that is immediately squelched. Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself...

Guys vote for mayhem, srsly plz.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:14 pm

How have I not answered your question, The Fonz? Could you ask it again please, to see if I have the right question in mind? I've explained my suspicions about Zach over and over now. It was not that he wasn't posting a lot. It was that the character was constructed in such a way that he could get away with it. Yeah, a character that only sits in the corner and does absolutely nothing and doesn't interact is going to help us... At the end of the day my vote still stood, because ckd/Zach was still the most suspicious. What would be the other option? It wasn't like other people got something. And in hindsight a no lynch would have been better than a townie lynch. But that's hindsight. A no lynch would have been bad yesterday. We would have the same problems as yesterday, and less information.

Now, you only focus on the two (or so you say, but there are actually three; you conveniently leave Zilla out of this) that were on the lynch yesterday that weren't NK'ed. I've seen these deadline lynches before, and sure it's very possible that scum slips a vote it, I've also seen alot of towns just vote themselves where scum is on the sideline, because the deadline causes the complete mechanic to shift. Yesterday you go on about the 'soft claiming' which was strange, and now you're blaming me for a perfectly good choice day 1.

Theo felt a bit nauseous. Today had been an uneasy day. He should've woken up sooner; and felt sorry he hadn't contributed the way he should have. He also felt like punching Hiram in the face, but that might not be the most wise of choices. It seemed he was alone in his suspicions against Deshaun, and thus his weight in the choice of the day was going to waste. Now, that was something Theo couldn't abide. It did mean he'd have to choose between Gloria and Eldred. He somehow couldn't get to vote for Gloria. Her lively, albeit somewhat capricious, nature, would service the party more than Eldred's current behavior. 'Eldred, time to step up. We've seen you and your big mouth, now say something useful with it.'
Vote Eldred

Albert/gloria seems to be the only party member contributing on all fronts, I think the game would fall dead with him gone. I haven't been in games with him before (afaik), so I don't know if his somewhat erratic behavior is usual, but I get a bit confused, and now with the votes on him somewhat panicky, townie feeling. Voting myself isn't an option, of course. That leaves Eldred. I could see him being town with Deshaun (and/or Hiram).
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:12 am

Post by M4yhem »

"I been saying useful things, Theo. Maybe you don't know how to listen.

Besides, I got nothing more to tell you. I'm just a simple gravedigger. I came here to try to find my friend."

[ooc:] Yeah thanks a lot guys, just lynch me because Albert says so. Don't even ask for a claim. For what it's worth, I'm a mason of sorts. I can check every night to see if one of of you is my friend. If I find him, we can talk at night. I checked Yos night one-he's not my friend.

Weyoun- I'd say I've been just as helpful as Albert. All he's done today is call fot my lynch; all I've done is call for his. I don't see why you prefer him out of the two of us.[/ooc]
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hiram's frustration at Theo threatened to boil over.
Calm down, big guy... he ain't worth gettin yirself in a state over, now. WE have to decide before nightfall, and sadly, it doesn't seem like anyone else notices how incredibly suspicious this guy is.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:How have I not answered your question, The Fonz? Could you ask it again please, to see if I have the right question in mind? I've explained my suspicions about Zach over and over now. It was not that he wasn't posting a lot. It was that the character was constructed in such a way that he could get away with it. Yeah, a character that only sits in the corner and does absolutely nothing and doesn't interact is going to help us... At the end of the day my vote still stood, because ckd/Zach was still the most suspicious.
You never explained it like this.

The other part of my question is: Were you, or were you not, around when he claimed? IE, did you stay on the wagon post-claim because you didn't see the claim, or because you saw it but didn't think it merited an unvote?

What would be the other option? It wasn't like other people got something. And in hindsight a no lynch would have been better than a townie lynch. But that's hindsight. A no lynch would have been bad yesterday. We would have the same problems as yesterday, and less information.
NO. A no-lynch was a better option AT THE TIME than a ckd lynch, because CKD claimed a very confirmable town power role.
Now, you only focus on the two (or so you say, but there are actually three; you conveniently leave Zilla out of this)
I have below the final votecount of day one, what's convenient about this?
MoS wrote:curiouskarmadog/Zacharias Lord [4] - (WeyounsLastClone/Theo Faast, M4yhem/Eldred Hurst, L/Dan Lester, PookyTheMagicalBear/Gabby Knisely)
that were on the lynch yesterday that weren't NK'ed. I've seen these deadline lynches before, and sure it's very possible that scum slips a vote it, I've also seen alot of towns just vote themselves where scum is on the sideline, because the deadline causes the complete mechanic to shift. Yesterday you go on about the 'soft claiming' which was strange, and now you're blaming me for a perfectly good choice day 1.
How is it strange? I've explained this enough times. I felt that Selande was scum intimating an investigative result she couldn't possibly have, or overemphasising a random vote in order to distance from a colleague.

Also, for the last time: It WAS NOT a 'perfectly good' choice. It was a horrible, scummy choice. Also, voting mneme when you did was scummy- felt like omgus, and you had no real prospect of getting a wagon there. Basically, everything you say feels like an excuse rather than a reason. You said you didn't really know what to make of the me/Albert/PJ exchanges, which feels like fencesitting/options-open scum to me.

mneme and Selande are lurking through deadline.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:34 am

I did read Zach's claim day one, but it was around the time I went on holiday, and I really didn't have time to respond, and didn't feel the need to. I would've left my vote, because we needed a lynch. Sure we could have tried to test the claim, but that'd take up time/resources. No lynch on day 1 is bad, no matter how you turn it around. And your 'final vote count' is post 186, where ShadowLurker/Zilla votes ckd/Zach in post 189 before the deadline. Were you paying attention end of day 1?

"Look Hiram, whether you were lying, or overlooking the truth, it seems we have time to bicker tomorrow."
"Everyone, please let hear from you before the day ends. Say something funny, say something stupid, doesn't matter. I know it sounds strange from someone who has been too silent too long, but we have to take steps to kill those traitors."

BTW, I don't know if I did my previous vote correctly.
Unvote. Vote: Eldred
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:49 am

Post by M4yhem »

What, no comment on my claim, Weyoun?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:51 am

Post by The Fonz »

"Look Hiram, whether you were lying, or overlooking the truth, it seems we have time to bicker tomorrow."
'Ah hope you weren't jist callin' me a liar, ye mealy-mouthed piece o' crap.' Hiram snarled.

Hiram was frustrated. The more and more obvious it seemed that Theo was a traitor, the less chance there seemed to be of convincing the others.

'Ah guess ah'll have t'support the Eldred lynch,' he said, with a tone of resignation. 'Y'can be damn sure o' one thing- someone's gonna pay for what went down at sunset yesterday.'

Unvote, vote: Eldred/M4yhem

If the drunk did come up town, he'd sure as hell be taking a long look at that weird Doron boy, too.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:I did read Zach's claim day one, but it was around the time I went on holiday, and I really didn't have time to respond, and didn't feel the need to. I would've left my vote, because we needed a lynch. Sure we could have tried to test the claim, but that'd take up time/resources. No lynch on day 1 is bad, no matter how you turn it around. And your 'final vote count' is post 186, where ShadowLurker/Zilla votes ckd/Zach in post 189 before the deadline. Were you paying attention end of day 1?
I was V/LA. Otherwise, you can be sure I would be demanding your unvote/trying to push a counterwagon. I came back to find myself astonished and angry that you'd just let him die despite his claim. It would not have taken time or resources- he could have confirmed himself overnight by giving someone an item. No matter how you turn it around, lynching someone who is incredibly unlikely to be scum is a bad move. No lynch WAS the far better option.

On a re-read, I see your point about SG is true [Don't know why MoS didn't post a final votecount then]- however, she was replaced overnight, so it's fairly obvious she didn't get the chance to move her vote. Given that she was CKD's assistant, one has to conclude that she was absent for his lynch, and anyway, Zach woulda been lynched with or without her. Not so you. And, as you may note, I think you are scum over EITHER of the others due to other things, ie, your lurking, bet hedging, and so on.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:51 am

"Its obviously a lie, and your "mason" friend is none other than your accomplice..."
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

NB: I will be around to unvote should anyone turn up to claim to be Eldred's 'friend.'
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:12 am

Post by M4yhem »

It's deadline! What are the chances anyone will check the thread in time?

I tell you what, Fonz, I'll vote weyoun if you unvote me. At least I know he's more likely to be bad than I am

Eldred gives Gloria a long, hard, stare.

"You call me heartless," he growls, "but mark my words, she's got a heart like ice. She looks pretty, but she's nothing but a snake. You call me a liar, woman? You wouldn't know the truth if it slapped you in the face. "

It looks like that's exactly what he'd like to do but Eldred manages to keep himself under control. He staggers over to the bar again.

"If I'm going to die, I ain't dying sober." He laughs bitterly and pours himself a drink, his hands trembling slightly as he holds the glass up to the light.

"Here's to the King!"
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

'The King,' murmured Hiram. The tension of the situation had not entirely robbed him of his manners, gruff though they were.

That only takes Weyoun to three by my reckoning, which would lead to an ABR lynch. Which is my least preferred of the three options.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:31 am

Post by M4yhem »

Why do you prefer him over me? Because I took an active part in Zach's death and he didn't? He was there, he was aware of what would happen, he didn't stop it. Is it better to passively allow someone to die than to actively kill him?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but my role's as confirmable as Zach's.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

He was voting someone else. What more could he have done? When he posted, there was no-one else around, and all five of you were still on CKD- not one person unvoted following his claim, which is frankly unbelievable, and again, points to scum motives from someone in that group. You can talk about 'not preventing' all you want, but a) killing is generally considered worse than 'letting die' and b) So long as none of you unvoted, what could anyone else do?

Your role is not nearly as
useful
as CKD's. Also, your 'role' will presumably only be confirmed if you 'find' your 'friend,' whereas CKD only had to target ANYONE to demonstrate his ability. So, you're wrong. Barring your 'friend' showing up, you're hanging.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”