Newbie 993 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Newbie 993 - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You awaken to the hustle and bustle of your home town’s daily activity. Little did you know that the peaceful quiet of your normal, everyday life would come crashing down today. It seems that one of your fellow citizens has angered the Mob, and has paid for it with his life! What are you going to do? Why, you’re going to get your peaceful, little town back, that’s what…

Your job, fair citizens of the town’s Ruling Council, is to discover who among you belong to the Mafia and summarily lynch them. Two of your fellow Council members are working for the Mafia - find them before they take over the Council and the town!

Player List
-
Confirmed players are listed in bold-face type

Hinduragi

Chimp Pants
(replaced Illume, Gabricoelho)
Kirbyoshi ^

Leech ^

Mysterio

springlullaby *
(replaced startransmission *)
drmyshottyizsik
(replaced steppenwolf)
Thian

Kalimar
(replaced Applefarmer, Trachimbrod)

* = Inexperience Challenged (IC)
^ = Semi-Experienced (SE)

The IC(s) are here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.

Dead Players

Spoiler: Role Reveal
drmyshottyizsik
(replaced steppenwolf),
Townie
, lynched Day 1
Hinduragi
Townie
, killed Night 1
Kirbyoshi ^
Mafia Roleblocker
, lynched Day 2
No one was killed Night 2
Mysterio
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 3

The
Town
team wins the game!

Game Links

Day 1 Lynch | Day 2 Lynch | Day 3 Lynch
Last edited by hohum on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Game Rules

The Golden Rule

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

There is a ZERO tolerance policy for personal attacks in this game. I will remove you from the game (possibly without warning) if you get too personal.

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  3. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. Please remember that you made a commitment to participate when you signed up to play. If you cannot fulfill this commitment, please contact the Mod and request a replacement instead of just disappearing!
  5. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
    If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to the game Mod IMMEDIATELY.
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. You should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  2. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or after 3 real-life days of no activity.
  3. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  4. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice (player-requested prods do not count towards this total).
  5. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please PM the Mod so that you don’t get replaced!
Deadlines
  1. All Newbie games have strict 3-week deadlines.

2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  3. Nights will have a standard deadline of 72 hours.
  4. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
  5. Deadlines may be shortened if activity is too low, or if all Night choices have been received early.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  2. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g.
    Vote: Player
    ).
  3. Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g.
    Unvote: Player
    or
    Unvote
    ). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  4. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  5. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
  6. Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count. Attempting to fake a vote will result in a Modkill.
  7. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
  8. When a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
  9. If you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
  10. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  11. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
Miscellaneous
  1. Red
    or
    Purple
    text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Vote counts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
  3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  4. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  5. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

6. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity (up to and including a Modkill) as the Mod sees fit.
  7. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night. The offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
  8. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.

• This game uses the F11 Setup. It consists of four variations, chosen at random:

• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

Sample Role PMs

The Mafia Roleblocker wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock. If only you survive you may submit both a NK (which is a function of the scum team) and a roleblock (which is a function of your role).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One. For your convenience I have set up the following Quick Topic Thread which you may optionally use to communicate at night with your partner

The Mafia Goon wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is a pro-Mafia Roleblocker). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One. For your convenience I have set up the following Quick Topic Thread which you may optionally use to communicate at night with your partner

The Doctor wrote:You are the , and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person they protect will never die on the night they are protected). You may not protect yourself.

The Cop wrote:You are the , and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues). You cannot investigate yourself.

Vanilla Townie wrote:You are a , and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Mysterio »

/confirm

Sup everyone. Can't wait to get this game started.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:03 am

Post by hohum »

Role PMs are out.

please /confirm in thread
Trachimbrod
Trachimbrod
Townie
Trachimbrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Trachimbrod »

/confirm

I'm pretty excited!
Gabricoelho
Gabricoelho
Townie
Gabricoelho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Gabricoelho »

/confirm
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Thian »

/confirm
~I told you it was a bad idea to tell her she smelt like hot dogs!~
Games Completed
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Hinduragi »

/confirm

No offense, but for the sole purpose of not misspelling names and failing to type out long names, I'm going to be abbreviating many of your names alot.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
steppenwolf
steppenwolf
Townie
steppenwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:44 am

Post by steppenwolf »

/confirm
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

/confirm

@Hindu: That's ok. I do that all the time. Not for the sake of misspellings, but just for ease.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Game Rules wrote:Basically: if I can't read it you can't post it.
And if you go blind???
Last edited by hohum on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Leech »

/confirm
Trachimbrod
Trachimbrod
Townie
Trachimbrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Trachimbrod »

Yeah, I'll probably be doing short forms for longer names too. I'd suggest "Trachim" or "Brod" for myself, but as long as it's clear, it doesn't matter.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@Gabrico & Steppen: Could you guys get avys? It really helps sorting out who's who, and when scanning for posts. Thanks!
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by startransmission »

/confirm

Tomorrow is my friday, so it'll be roughly 18 hours until I can post next. But hey, three day weekend!
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
drowmage
drowmage
Townie
drowmage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by drowmage »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Game Rules wrote:Basically: if I can't read it you can't post it.
And if you go blind???
if he goes blind then I'll take over *wink*
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

OOO, drow...horny as ever?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by hohum »

ITT Kirbyoshi becomes aroused.

In other news, I think that's everyone, so Day 1 begins. Good luck!
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by Thian »

vote: Drowmage

that wink, something about it. dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnn *dramatic music inserted here*

Lets play.

FYI: I have played 1 game here on mafiascum. Our townie team lost, it was my first game. I am excited to get going into another game and give it another go here. I have not played many online games. other than this website. Have hosted on another website 4 installments. Played a handful of real life games with a few close friends and that is my experience.

I would like to hear other peoples experience.. thanks.
Games Completed
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by Leech »

Vote: Mysterio
for being the first person to post in the thread.
Thian wrote:I would like to hear other peoples experience.. thanks.
I suggest you click the "Wiki" link under each player's name. That's a good way to learn, at the very least, the on-site experience of other players here. I will honor your request, though. I've played 8 games on this site, and about 50 off of it.

If you are familiar to games elsewhere, and not here, I suggest that you read some games on this forum. This game is played pretty differently, here, than everywhere else I've ever played.

@Gabricoelho: If you have the time, I request that you get an avatar. It makes it easy to see who's posting what in games.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by Thian »

Leech wrote:
Vote: Mysterio
for being the first person to post in the thread.
Thian wrote:I would like to hear other peoples experience.. thanks.
I suggest you click the "Wiki" link under each player's name. That's a good way to learn, at the very least, the on-site experience of other players here. I will honor your request, though. I've played 8 games on this site, and about 50 off of it.

If you are familiar to games elsewhere, and not here, I suggest that you read some games on this forum. This game is played pretty differently, here, than everywhere else I've ever played.

@Gabricoelho: If you have the time, I request that you get an avatar. It makes it easy to see who's posting what in games.
not everyone has a wiki though? or am I mistaken?
Games Completed
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Thian »

If they do, it may not be maintained either.

i went to check my own wiki and I don't have the information up.
Games Completed
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:19 pm

Post by Thian »

just went to check others wiki too and they don't have experience up either.
Games Completed
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:22 pm

Post by Thian »

One thing i do agree though is this website is very information intensive and very analytical. there are definately different forms of voting styles in different games, as well as mechanics specific to websites and particular groups of people. house rules and such.

sorry for the post after post.
Games Completed
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

You edit your own wiki. Just make an account. Then click the wiki button under a post of yours and click the edit tab and start editing. There's a how-to guide if you're unsure of how to add wiki stuff. I don't know what you mean since mine was updated when I confirmed in-thread. It'll have my onsite experience. My off site experience currently includes 5-7 games.

Vote: Star
for working too long. Btw, for whoever is wondering, this is RVS. (Random Voting Stage) We'll randomly vote to get discussion going so we can move into the actual game. Don't mislynch anyone, though. Our IC will answer questions you guys have about the game and its mechanics when he is back.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”