Newbie 993 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Newbie 993 - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You awaken to the hustle and bustle of your home town’s daily activity. Little did you know that the peaceful quiet of your normal, everyday life would come crashing down today. It seems that one of your fellow citizens has angered the Mob, and has paid for it with his life! What are you going to do? Why, you’re going to get your peaceful, little town back, that’s what…

Your job, fair citizens of the town’s Ruling Council, is to discover who among you belong to the Mafia and summarily lynch them. Two of your fellow Council members are working for the Mafia - find them before they take over the Council and the town!

Player List
-
Confirmed players are listed in bold-face type

Hinduragi

Chimp Pants
(replaced Illume, Gabricoelho)
Kirbyoshi ^

Leech ^

Mysterio

springlullaby *
(replaced startransmission *)
drmyshottyizsik
(replaced steppenwolf)
Thian

Kalimar
(replaced Applefarmer, Trachimbrod)

* = Inexperience Challenged (IC)
^ = Semi-Experienced (SE)

The IC(s) are here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.

Dead Players

Spoiler: Role Reveal
drmyshottyizsik
(replaced steppenwolf),
Townie
, lynched Day 1
Hinduragi
Townie
, killed Night 1
Kirbyoshi ^
Mafia Roleblocker
, lynched Day 2
No one was killed Night 2
Mysterio
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 3

The
Town
team wins the game!

Game Links

Day 1 Lynch | Day 2 Lynch | Day 3 Lynch
Last edited by hohum on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Game Rules

The Golden Rule

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

There is a ZERO tolerance policy for personal attacks in this game. I will remove you from the game (possibly without warning) if you get too personal.

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  3. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. Please remember that you made a commitment to participate when you signed up to play. If you cannot fulfill this commitment, please contact the Mod and request a replacement instead of just disappearing!
  5. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
    If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to the game Mod IMMEDIATELY.
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. You should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  2. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or after 3 real-life days of no activity.
  3. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  4. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice (player-requested prods do not count towards this total).
  5. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please PM the Mod so that you don’t get replaced!
Deadlines
  1. All Newbie games have strict 3-week deadlines.

2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  3. Nights will have a standard deadline of 72 hours.
  4. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
  5. Deadlines may be shortened if activity is too low, or if all Night choices have been received early.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  2. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g.
    Vote: Player
    ).
  3. Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g.
    Unvote: Player
    or
    Unvote
    ). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  4. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  5. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
  6. Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count. Attempting to fake a vote will result in a Modkill.
  7. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
  8. When a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
  9. If you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
  10. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  11. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
Miscellaneous
  1. Red
    or
    Purple
    text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Vote counts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
  3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  4. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  5. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

6. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity (up to and including a Modkill) as the Mod sees fit.
  7. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night. The offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
  8. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.

• This game uses the F11 Setup. It consists of four variations, chosen at random:

• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

Sample Role PMs

The Mafia Roleblocker wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock. If only you survive you may submit both a NK (which is a function of the scum team) and a roleblock (which is a function of your role).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One. For your convenience I have set up the following Quick Topic Thread which you may optionally use to communicate at night with your partner

The Mafia Goon wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is a pro-Mafia Roleblocker). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One. For your convenience I have set up the following Quick Topic Thread which you may optionally use to communicate at night with your partner

The Doctor wrote:You are the , and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person they protect will never die on the night they are protected). You may not protect yourself.

The Cop wrote:You are the , and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues). You cannot investigate yourself.

Vanilla Townie wrote:You are a , and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #321 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Hi all! Got a PM that the Mod hasn't been around, so I'm taking over the game. I'm locking the topic for now until I can get a vote count done. If there's been a lynch I'll post the night scene. I'm also going to be replacing the current rules set with my own since it's so early in the game. I'll let you know when it happens.

Thanks for your patience!

Vel

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #322 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Current vote count:

Mysterio(1): drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik(5): Chimp Pants, Thian, Kirbyoshi, Leech, Mysterio
Chimp Pants(1): Hinduragi

Not Voting(2): startransmission, Trachimbrod

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #323 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Shotty makes a seeming slip in his logic, and the remaining members of the Council descend on him like a pack of wolves. Shotty's trial is short, the rope even shorter, and all your left with in the end is one dead Townie.

drmyshottyizsik,
Townie
, lynched Day 1

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices by Thursday, August 26, 8 AM Eastern Time.
[/color]

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #324 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:06 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Hinduragi is found the next morning, a gunshot wound is painful evidence as to the cause of his death. Time to get huntin'!!!

Hinduragi,
Townie
, killed Night 1

Day 2 has begun. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is the end of Thursday, September 16.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #325 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:09 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

NOTE: I have changed the intro post and the RULES post to my rules set. It looks a lot like hohum's rules set because he swiped it from me :D

PLEASE read over the current rules set. Some things may have changed, and I will NOT accept the "but I was doing what hohum posted in his rules" excuse. You have been warned. I have not altered the sample Role PMs, as they've already been sent out.

Additionally, Trachimbrod has not responded to a prod during the Night cycle and I am currently searching for a replacement. IF Trach had a Night action, I have randomized said action via random.org so that you can't metagame the Night actions, so don't even try :)

Thanks,

Vel

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #350 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Applefarmer replaces trach.

Official Vote Count

Thian - 2 (Chimp Pants, Mysterio)
Chimp Pants - 1 (Kirbyoshi)
Kirbyoshi - 1 (Leech)

Not Voting - 3 (Applefarmer, startransmission, Thian)

4 to Lynch.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #371 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:53 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Hi all,

Sorry I was out of town for the long weekend and I thought I'd have internet access but I did not. Prods have gone out to those needing them.

Vel

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #377 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:56 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Thian - 2 (Chimp Pants, Mysterio)
Chimp Pants - 1 (Kirbyoshi)
Kirbyoshi - 1 (Leech)
Mysterio - 1 (Thian)

Not Voting - 2 (Applefarmer, startransmission)

4 to Lynch.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #381 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:16 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Replacing Applefarmer for failing to respond to a prod.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #387 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:07 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Kalimar replaces Applefarmer.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #409 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:21 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Looking for a replacement for startransmission.

Official Vote Count

Thian - 1 (Mysterio)
Kirbyoshi - 3 (Leech, Kalimar, Chimp Pants)
Mysterio - 2 (Thian, Kirbyoshi)

Not Voting - 1 (startransmission)

4 to Lynch.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #459 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Thian - 1 (Mysterio)

Kirbyoshi - 4 (Leech, Kalimar, Chimp Pants, Thian)
[/color]

Mysterio - 1 (Kirbyoshi)

Not Voting - 1 (startransmission)

4 to Lynch.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #460 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

As the darkness gathers, you decide that Kirby is probably a Mafia member. The town carts him off to the village square, where they string him up and discover a To Do list for that evening! Very sinister indeed!

Kirbyoshi,
Mafia Roleblocker
, lynched Day 2

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #461 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Inconceivable!!! No one died last night! Carry on.

No one was killed Night 2

Day 3 has begun. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is the end of Wednesday, October 13.

I still haven't been able to find a replacement for startransmission, so if he has a Night action, I have used random.org to determine on who to apply said action. No metagaming!!!

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #462 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

springlullaby replaces startransmission.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #489 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Mysterio - 4 (Thian, Kalimar, Chimp Pants, Mysterio)

Not Voting - 2 (Leech, springlullaby)

4 to Lynch.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #490 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You all gather at the Council chambers the next morning, surprised no one was killed last night. A further bombshell from Thian carries the Town to safety from the Mafia. For now....

Mysterio,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 3

Chimp Pants, Kalimar, Leech, springlullaby, and Thian
win the game for the
Town
team!!

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #491 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Role Reveal:

PlayerReplacedRole
Chimp PantsGabricoelho, IllumeTownie
HinduragiTownie
Kirbyoshi ^Mafia Roleblocker
Leech ^Townie
MysterioMafia Goon
springlullaby *Doc
drmyshottyizsiksteppenwolfTownie
ThianCop
KalimarTrachimbrod, applefarmerTownie

Night Actions:

Night 1:

Kirbyoshi blocks Trachimbrod.
Mysterio kills Hinduragi.
startransmission protects Chimp Pants.
Thian investigates Chimp Pants.

Night 2:

Mysterio kills Chimp Pants.
startransmission protects Chimp Pants (random.org)
Thian investigates Mysterio.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #492 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Everyone should use this time to post thoughts and observations about the game. Ask questions and try to figure out what went wrong (and right) with your play and how you can learn from it and improve. Be polite in pointing out mistakes made by others! Conversely, if someone points something out, learn from it – don’t get offended!!

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #500 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”