SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Mini 490: Speed Mafia - GAME OVER.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:21 pm

Post by SPAG »

The Town had been infiltrated by Mafia. They had to do something and fast, the only way forward was to kill.

Alive
(Players in bold confirmed)
Sonicpulsar

Honary Hitchhiker
Gorgon

distad

Dead

=Confused=, Doctor, Town Aligned - Killed Night One

d3sisted, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned - Lynched Day One

Raffles, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned - Killed Night Two

Curiouskarmadog, Mason, Town Aligned - Lynched Day Two

d3sisted, Mason, Town Aligned - Killed Night Three

ChronX, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned, Lynched Day Three

Hang ‘em High, Cop, Town Aligned - Killed Night Four

Battle Mage, Jack of All Trades, Endgamed

VampanezeHunter
Atticus, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned - Endgamed
Last edited by SPAG on Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:28 am, edited 14 times in total.
The trouble with learning from experience is that the test comes first and the lesson afterwards.

Sean aka SPAG
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:03 pm

Post by SPAG »

[1] Each day you may try to lynch somebody. Each lynch there will be a seven day deadline. If during that day a majority is reached, then they will hang. If however it comes to deadline and no majority has been met, it will require a majority of a majority for a player to hang, otherwise there will be no lynch.

[2] Please bold your votes and unvotes as in vote: SPAG. I also require that you unvote before revoting.

[3] No talking outside the thread during the day unless it is specifically part of your role. Obviously, you may only talk outside the thread at night if it is part of your role. You may talk during the confirm stage. Do not quote PMs or IMs from people you are able to talk to, though feel free to paraphrase though.

[4] Do not edit your posts. Do not use code=black tags or size=normal tags. Do not hack into mafiascum's php code in order to install invistext or spoiler tags; moreover if somebody does so, do not use invistext or spoiler tags.

[5] Do not quote the mod. Do not fakequote the mod. I will consider posting any link in this game that is a reference to your role as breaking this rule.

[6] Once you are dead, you are dead. You may post a simple "Bah!" post, but no game related content.

[7] Try to be relatively civil to each other. I know you're trying to kill each other, but that's no reason to insult somebody's mother.

[8] I am the mod, but I do occasionally make mistakes. (Shock! Dismay!) If you think I have made a mistake, please send me a PM.

[9] I will try to put up a vote count each page or so.

[10] I reserve the right to modkill at my discretion. I don't plan on using this unless something strange happens.

[11]All role PMs will be in the following format

Role Title: e.g. Townie, Town Aligned

Abilities: You have no specific day or night abilities other than a vote for the lynch.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
The trouble with learning from experience is that the test comes first and the lesson afterwards.

Sean aka SPAG
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:31 pm

Post by SPAG »

Honary Hitchhiker & Mr.PiGG have 24 hours to confirm, otherwise i will search for replacements.

I am now searching for two replacements for Mr.PiGG and Honary Hitchhiker.
Last edited by SPAG on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean aka SPAG
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:35 am

Post by SPAG »

Gorgon replaces Honary Hitchhiker

Sean aka SPAG
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:21 am

Post by SPAG »

All players have confirmed. Roles in by
Friday 24th, 2pm GMT+1

Sean aka SPAG
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:31 am

Post by SPAG »

The town awoke to a horrible scene. The town were without one of their key players, tied up on the town statue, his head severed and his throat still seaping blood into the dark maroon coloured stain beneath him.

Dead was
=Confused=, Doctor, Town Aligned

It was a sorry state of affairs already for the town

It is now Dayphase, with 11 alive its 6 for a majority. Deadline is Friday 31st August (10am GMT+1)

Let the discussion begin
:twisted:

Sean aka SPAG
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:47 am

Post by distad »

Vote: Pigg
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:09 am

Post by Gorgon »

What a crappy start. Lucky scum bastards ... :(

Vote: Battle Mage
because he's the only one here whose name I remember seeing in the games I've read.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:What a crappy start. Lucky scum bastards ... :(

because he's the only one here whose name I remember seeing in the games I've read.
damn, thats not a good way to get this game started. :(
ooi-what games of mine did u read? Its just i dont remember playing a game with you.
If you have read any of my older games, you will not be surprised to see me
Vote: Gorgon

yeh, i'm an OMGUSsy newb at times. Get used to it. :D

Actually, i just noticed, we only have a few days (this IS Speed Mafia) so lets get some activity here quick. :o

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:41 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Damn, behind the 8-ball already -- lucky scum. I'll start with a random vote:

Original Roll String: 1d10
1 10-Sided Dice: (6) = 6
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:42 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:48 am

Post by distad »

BM- Yeah, it's a quick one. The lynch deadlines are going to be very tough. As of right now, I think that it will be 4 to lynch today if we go to deadline.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:48 am

Post by Gorgon »

@BM - I've seen you in lots of games ... I've gone through a bunch of games and remember having seen your name pop up regularily. It's a name that stands out too ... it's memorable.

I myself am pretty new, so this is the first time I'm in a game with any of the rest of you guys. Though of course, now I will probably check all of you guys out a little to get a feel for your style - as much as I have time for ... this is a Speed game after all.

No sweat about the OMGUS BM - you gotta vote someone, right?

Yeah, I tend to be verbose. That's something I guess you'll have to get used to. :P
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

aww shucks. yes you can have my autograph, but only if you stop trying to murder me. lol :wink:

Seriously though, i'd be intrigued to hear your comments on my performance in games which you have read, and i feature in. Ya know, just to check you aren't sucking upto me without doing your homework first. :wink:

BM
Gorgon wrote:@BM - I've seen you in lots of games ... I've gone through a bunch of games and remember having seen your name pop up regularily. It's a name that stands out too ... it's memorable.

I myself am pretty new, so this is the first time I'm in a game with any of the rest of you guys. Though of course, now I will probably check all of you guys out a little to get a feel for your style - as much as I have time for ... this is a Speed game after all.

No sweat about the OMGUS BM - you gotta vote someone, right?

Yeah, I tend to be verbose. That's something I guess you'll have to get used to. :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:00 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Vote: Mr. Pigg

Last person to confirm. :D
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

has anyone here ever played with 'Confused' before?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:14 am

Post by distad »

He replaced into a currently running game that I'm in.

If this is going to be THIS quick of a game, we need everyone else to hop in here, also. Otherwise, we're not going to have very much to go on when we get to Day 2.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:19 am

Post by Gorgon »

@BM - Well, the Jester game (Open 25) was a good and memorable one all around; I like the idea of the jester and would probably to like to play a Jester game at some point. With regards to your performance in that game, I think you did quite well - I didn't look at who was who before reading through (wanted to guess for myself) and it surprised me quite a bit that you turned out to be Mafia, given the seeming helpfulness of your comments, and the bussing. I was dead sure YogurtBandit was the remaining scum in the endgame ... so I felt pretty ashamed when JDodge came out afterwards and said you were obvious scum. :oops:

Learning through experience is probably the best way to get better at the guessing game, though.

Want me to comment on more games? I'd be happy too, but I'm afraid maybe it would be way too distracting for the game now in progress ...
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:24 am

Post by distad »

Yeah... metagaming only helps to an extent. after that, it gets fairly WIFOMish.

Unvote, Vote: HEH
I think that it's something about those bars...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

dont worry, Jdodge always thinks i'm scum. I'm still waiting for him to actually get it right (while he is still alive) :lol:

my reason for asking about Confused, was simply that in a game like this, he seems a peculiar N0 kill, unless there was perhaps a grudge involved, or somebody had played with him before, and knew him to be a potent player.

BM
Gorgon wrote:@BM - Well, the Jester game (Open 25) was a good and memorable one all around; I like the idea of the jester and would probably to like to play a Jester game at some point. With regards to your performance in that game, I think you did quite well - I didn't look at who was who before reading through (wanted to guess for myself) and it surprised me quite a bit that you turned out to be Mafia, given the seeming helpfulness of your comments, and the bussing. I was dead sure YogurtBandit was the remaining scum in the endgame ... so I felt pretty ashamed when JDodge came out afterwards and said you were obvious scum. :oops:

Learning through experience is probably the best way to get better at the guessing game, though.

Want me to comment on more games? I'd be happy too, but I'm afraid maybe it would be way too distracting for the game now in progress ...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

d3sisted was in 1 completed game with =Confused=; they were both townies and d3sisted posted some complimentary things about =Confused=, so it's fair to say he was impressed with =Confused='s game and might consider him a threat.

FOS: d3sisted

I thought Battle Mage might be the target tonight, since he appears to be the most experiened player here. The fact that he survived night 0 makes me a little suspicious.

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:02 am

Post by Gorgon »

=Confused= is actually a she - I checked the profile.

And yeah, it's a slightly strange choice given that she's a pretty new player. That is why you say she's a strange choice, right, BM?

Anyway, you can always WIFOM choices like this to death, I guess. A possible reason for not picking an experienced player for an NK is to cast doubt on the experienced playes ... if they didn't get killed, they have to be scum, right?

@distad - Why the sudden vote change?

Anyway, a lot of players still haven't checked in yet. I think I'd like to wait for all of them to show up before letting the discussion drag on. I think a common mistake that the town does is to start out with only a part of the players actively discussing, picking at each other, while scum lurk under the radar.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:19 am

Post by distad »

The vote change is because we're in a super deadline oriented game where we have to get everything jump-started quickly. So, we have to push on more people harder quicker.

No worries, dude... it's just page 1.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Gorgon wrote:=Confused= is actually a she - I checked the profile.
Oops. Sorry, =Confused=. Tough night/day for her. First she gets night killed and then I try to give her poor corpse a sex change. Ouch. :oops:

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

yes it was. and i agree with HeH that i was expecting me to be the target.
ah well, not complaining. lol

BM
Gorgon wrote:=Confused= is actually a she - I checked the profile.

And yeah, it's a slightly strange choice given that she's a pretty new player. That is why you say she's a strange choice, right, BM?

Anyway, you can always WIFOM choices like this to death, I guess. A possible reason for not picking an experienced player for an NK is to cast doubt on the experienced playes ... if they didn't get killed, they have to be scum, right?

@distad - Why the sudden vote change?

Anyway, a lot of players still haven't checked in yet. I think I'd like to wait for all of them to show up before letting the discussion drag on. I think a common mistake that the town does is to start out with only a part of the players actively discussing, picking at each other, while scum lurk under the radar.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”